: Tell me which champs always suck.
Mord is just....a troll pick. He doesn't do anything better than others. As a tank he has no tanking ability nor sustain, as a bruiser he doesn't do more dmg than any other melee. He's really just there for knight trait assuming it's even worth it, and it's worth only if you somehow manage to get 6 noble 6 knight comp and swarm your enemies. TF tho, he can make or break some comps, and early on as a cheap 2gold unit he makes it possible to rush pirate trait without relying on finding that 3gold gankplank. It's especially significant for those rushing on-hit gunslinger comps cuz u need to stay low level and spam rerolls to get those 1gold units to 3stars, making it impossible for u to bank and that's where the pirate's extra gold comes in handy for those extra rerolls.
: Is it better not to win early matches to get good items?
If that's how you feel, then in the beginning try to save up pairs of champs in bench while putting some 1star out there that allows you to lose first 3 rounds without losing too much health (I usually go one scrub at corner and 2 sin to take out 1 or 2 enemies before all of them die, causing me to only lose 2~3hp). After you pick desired item during first carousel you can then combine benched ones into a few 2 stars and make ur comp from there.
Derako (NA)
: Corner Fight Tactics
Really depends on your opponent comp, like what others said. And if it's down to just the 2 of you it becomes a mind game of moving champs around until last second and see who outwitted who. I once shoved everything in a corner, then at last second I moved a trash to the other far end of the corner and he turned into the scapegoat my opponent's 3star kat jumped on. It was a worthy sacrifice as the rest of my team avoided the spin though. Another instance would be putting your carries in the middle when your opponent has a blitz and putting a trash at corner.
: Teamfight Tactics patch 9.14B notes
Has {{champion:84}} been completely removed from TFT this patch? I just played a game, spent all my rerolls and didn't get a single akali, didn't see her at all during the roulette round, and up to the point where I was eliminated as 4th place not a single player in the game had any akali at all. I know this is hard to prove as there's no match history for tft. I just want to know if this is happening to anyone else other than me.
Dukues (NA)
: Matchmaking
Unlikely but it can happen. I can totally see riot go "in order to reduce wait time further we've made some changes to guarantee you'll be in a game within 1 minute". Then the next thing you know a bronze will be laning against a diamond. (Not exaggeration. I queue'd as bronze 2 in ranked flex and my lane opponent was plat 4 in same ranked flex, and I wasn't in a party)
NiamhNyx (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jalesom,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=y0GiKABV,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-06T02:36:25.877+0000) > > So how does that happen in ranked with Bronze I and Gold I? Gold player with low mmr and bronze 1 player with high mmr.
> [{quoted}](name=NiamhNyx,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=y0GiKABV,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-06T02:48:27.612+0000) > > Gold player with low mmr and bronze 1 player with high mmr. And that should tell us something is extremely messed up with the mmr system. I mean, if a bronze can be matched against a gold, doesn't that tell you there's something wrong with how mmr is calculated?
: Your mid's mmr is plat bc they're in promo, your bot lane is a duo so I think they go into harder games to compensate Also only one division separates gold 1 and plat 3 now, and going on their amounts of LP, some of them have been losing recently so their mmr might be high gold The game isn't as unbalanced as you make out imo
> [{quoted}](name=BigBrainSuppMain,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5ZTFKmGT,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-14T01:29:58.641+0000) > > Your mid's mmr is plat bc they're in promo, your bot lane is a duo so I think they go into harder games to compensate Duo bot lane, that I can agree. Even if one of his teammate was in promo, it still doesn't justify going up against entire 4 opponents in higher league, it should be more balanced out. Yes, it's matched based on mmr, not on their leagues, and that's the point proven here - there is something absolutely fucked up with the mmr values if it puts you against several opponents in higher league than you instead of evening it out. > Also only one division separates gold 1 and plat 3 now, and going on their amounts of LP, some of them have been losing recently so their mmr might be high gold That's probably what's happening, but once again, if their mmr is in high gold range, then they should be in high gold in the first place. It makes no sense to be in one division and have the mmr of the other. Some values of uncertainty apply, but there's a limit to it, and in this case one team was at the lower end of it and the other team at the higher end, that's not balanced matchmaking. Not gonna lie though, I'm not supporting OP because his example is convincing. It's more personal - last year, I was silver 2, laning against a goddamn plat 3, in ranked, no duo or anything. A few games before that, my lane matchup was even if there wasn't a diamond 5 enemy junglar lurking around. Up to this day, I still loathe riot for those fabulous experience.
: open letter to Riot; longtime player, extremely dissatisfied with the game's current state.
Putting the balance of gameplay aside (which is in itself another big mess of problems), the matchmaking has been an ongoing issue for a while, and I just want to clarify where I think the problems are. We say the matchmaking isn't balanced, but that doesn't get us anywhere because riot says it is balanced - and it actually is, in a very undesirable way. For example, if I ask you to make me the most handsome person in the class, I'm asking you to do me a complete makeover. I didn't ask you to murder every one of my classmates. That's the kind of destructive approach riot is doing. Games are matched to give players even standing to win - more if they put effort into it. How it should be done, though, is matching 5 golds with 5 golds to make it even. Not bloody 3 bronze 1 silver 1 plat against 5 gold, this isn't some simple math evening out the numbers of mmr on both sides - it shouldn't be, but I feel like riot thinks otherwise. Edit: I know it's impossible to achieve perfectly evened match, but in the past riot at least aimed for it. Now it's moving in the opposite direction. The second issue is mmr. We've seen it, had it happen to us, those games where ranks of your teammates are utterly outmatched by ranks of your opponents, and it's been answered that while their ranks may seem apart, the mmr values are in fact close enough to have these players in the same game. My question then, is that if the mmr values of a silver II and diamond V (using my last year's game as example) are close enough for them to be matched and lane against each other... Don't you think there's something goddamn wrong with how mmr is calculated?
: "I make 4.25 an hour" What if we didn't tip people but instead paid them proper wages? In Canada, we do both. Tipping culture is stupid.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=50aB6GbJ,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-03-18T04:10:46.725+0000) > > What if we didn't tip people but instead paid them proper wages? In Canada, we do both. > Same country here. We don't expect tips, and in my past restaurant jobs no one cared about the amount of tips left. It's either they tipped or they didn't, and if they didn't manager needed to ask what went wrong and apologized with a promise to make a change, sometimes with a compensation attached. Our wages are paid and tips are optional bonus. Wish things are the same down there but alas ;__; P.S. Once visited a restaurant with friends, horrible service so didn't tip. Their manager came, asked us to tip or he's calling security. We stayed not because he could make us but because we wanted to watch the show about to unfold with hype. The security came, and with firm anger lectured the manager that tips are optional and not to be "demanded". Things are quite the opposite between the 2 neighbouring countries, surprisingly. That manager would've been doing the ~~right~~ correct thing if it took place down there.
: Would actually be interesting if this creates a 2-1-2 strategy and a jungler is replaced by a support with smite/summoner's spellbook.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=NpcEMYAl,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-02-16T07:43:25.547+0000) > > Would actually be interesting if this creates a 2-1-2 strategy and a jungler is replaced by a support with smite/summoner's spellbook. But then ppl will report you for "not going to assigned role", unfortunately, with the nature of this community. Played 2 junglars 3 laners in bot games before, and the complaint skyrocketed even though that assignment granted most economic efficiency. I can certainly communicate and ask my teammate beforehand about pulling something different like this, but I'll end up having to ask myself why I even need my teammate's permission in order to play the game in a way that I have every intention to win the game with. My teammates don't need _my permission_ to play meta roles, so why do I need their permission to play off meta strat?
: WHY DOES EVERY ONE BAN YI?????
From my understanding, it's because people do not want to deal with yi as a teammate or as an opponent. It's like yasuo, it's not fun to deal with them, op or not. As a teammate, yi either doesn't offer anything (especially early game), or single-handedly carry the game and make you feel insignificant: people want to be the carry, not the one letting others carry. As an opponent, it's similar concept. Even if enemy yi farms up and doesn't gank, you can't trust your own junglar to punish that by getting a lot of work done early. If enemy yi gets 2 items, suddenly you have no way to deal with him and you can't trust your pug team to coordinately deal with his engage - heck, you can't even rely on your team to be around when he jumps on you.
: If I'm going to be chastised for lane/role swapping in ranked
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that riot doesn't enforce any meta, and players have the freedom to play however they want as long as they still strive with every intention to win, ie 5 mid rushing first turret, 3 laners double jungle with strong early jg picks, 2 tops because enemy top is oppressive af, etc should still be viable. Simply put, where's the rule that says you have to go to a particular lane you're assigned with? This assignment system makes the game more smooth, thus I abide to it to avoid trouble with my team, but I don't recall any term that states you have to follow it, or anywhere that says you have to play one of the 5 meta roles, even. Deceasedloveone made a good point here: > [{quoted}](name=DeceasedL0ved0ne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=vXKXe7oo,comment-id=00010003000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-11T09:34:11.889+0000) > > If you don't want to play the role you're assigned when you queue up to a mode with assigned roles, play normal blind instead. or just play something else in general. The question is, riot doesn't enforce meta, yet we're punished by being asked to stay away from ranked if we don't play meta roles...? I know that riot's trying to combat players' attempt to get around the current role rank system, and it needs to be improved - but not in this way. Identifying their role based on their champ pick might not be enough, but that's as far as we can go for now. Limiting their gameplay is too far. P.S. If I may be so bold to say, this position rank was a mistake to begin with, and trying to solve its problems only brings up more problems.
Heraimish (EUW)
: Well that's the main issue, you occationally end up with a player in your team whose MMR is incorrect. Nothing that can really be done about that.
> [{quoted}](name=Heraimish,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BNRcAiLO,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-02-07T22:37:10.957+0000) > > Well that's the main issue, you occationally end up with a player in your team whose MMR is incorrect. Nothing that can really be done about that. Absolutely. The problem is that it happens more than occasionally. ~~For some of us - for me - it's 9 out of 10 games on average, and I've been completely discouraged to queue up for another game after having similar experience 3 games in a row.~~ K I exaggerated it's not that often, but it's true it happens a bit too often to be neglected in my opinion.
Heraimish (EUW)
: If you're getting matched with silver players, it means you have silver MMR. If your MMR is too high it will naturally lower if you play more games and if it's correct, you will naturally climb to silver.
> [{quoted}](name=Heraimish,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BNRcAiLO,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-02-07T10:27:36.231+0000) > > If you're getting matched with silver players, it means you have silver MMR. If your MMR is too high it will naturally lower if you play more games and if it's correct, you will naturally climb to silver. You could be right, maybe the OP does have too high of a mmr value. I do want to present another possibility though. Perhaps the OP does have low bronze/iron mmr, and he is in the rank he belongs, but silver players with silver level skills yet low bronze mmr show up in his game and made it miserable for everyone else. Happened to me, happened to many others complaining on forum, and this could very well be the case for OP as well. So here we are, in the rank and mmr we belong, but we're going to get stomped on anyway because other high league players' inaccurately low mmr values are still in the process of adjustment?
Leetri (EUW)
: Games would be a lot more unbalanced if they based on rank and not MMR. There's a reason every single matchmade ranked game ever uses MMR or a variant of it. The only exception I can think of is Hearthstone and in that game you can legit be a brand new player and end up against players who have reached Legend years in a row.
> [{quoted}](name=Leetri,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BNRcAiLO,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-02-07T16:34:53.530+0000) > > Games would be a lot more unbalanced if they based on rank and not MMR. There's a reason every single matchmade ranked game ever uses MMR or a variant of it. I just need a bit more elaboration to understand the logic behind using mmr. The way I see it, if I use their ranks and put, say, a silver3 against another silver3 and the teams are one-sidedly unbalanced because of player skill discrepancy, the winner climbs to silver2 where he wins as often as he loses and stays there, while loser drops to silver4 where he loses as often as he wins and stays there. If I use mmr though, I can end up with a new player, given a starting mmr value, against a plat opponent who didn't gain too much mmr value in the process of climbing because his opponents had lower mmr than he did. I myself last year faced a Diamond V junglar opponent as a silver III top lane. Same rank mode, flex, I queue'd alone, and none of my teammates were above gold. Perhaps there's something I'm not understanding about how the system works, and my examples may not accurately represent how well the current system works, but I just need someone to point that out for me because I really don't get it. And I'm fine with the idea of using mmr to match the games, but I feel like it needs some serious improvement. If a silver 3 can be placed against a diamond 5 opponent (5th divisions no longer exist but nevertheless), then at the very least there is something very wrong with the gain and loss of mmr values respective to the lp gain and loss. P.S. I admit I'm biased against mmr matchmaking. I can't help it. Back in seasons 3&4, people in the same game won't be more than 1 league apart and the only mismatch scenario would be the presence of smurf. We wouldn't have silvers and plats who were genuinely striving to climb being put in the same game. Now, it happens on hourly basis, and it's not healthy.
Mârty (NA)
: Keep in mind that you aren't matched based on your rank, you're match based on your hidden MMR. Your MMR sometimes isn't directly in line with your visible rank, which is what causes disproportionate LP gains/losses (Ex. +25 LP for a win, -12 LP for a loss). Just keep playing for a while and your rank and matchmaking will even out as the season progresses.
> [{quoted}](name=Janna Mechanics,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BNRcAiLO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-07T05:31:54.782+0000) > > Keep in mind that you aren't matched based on your rank, you're match based on your hidden MMR. Your MMR sometimes isn't directly in line with your visible rank, which is what causes disproportionate LP gains/losses (Ex. +25 LP for a win, -12 LP for a loss). > > Just keep playing for a while and your rank and matchmaking will even out as the season progresses. I believe his point is that it shouldn't. It makes no sense to match based on mmr. mmr should be used to determine how fast a player climbs or drops after a win or loss, but shouldn't be used to determine the matchmaking. It makes a LOT more sense to match the teams based on their ranks.
Yenn (NA)
: Watching Rengar 100 to 0 my ADC in 0.2 seconds, before my abilities even reach him, feels amazing
I guess you'll either have to play teemo support to draw the aggro and sacrifice your life for adc, or adc will have to play {{champion:82}} ;_;
droov (EUW)
: a reason for an unreasonable ban
You might not accept what I'm about say, but I still want to explain to you what I think is happening. I believe what happened is that your account was hacked (at one point), and the hacker took the pleasure of abusing cheats all while being extremely toxic. Permanent ban was handed out. And now you, the owner, are suffering from the consequences of the hacker's actions, something you shouldn't be accountable for. That's where we have a misunderstanding. From my online gaming experience, GMs are neither trying to hold you nor the hacker responsible. That's not how it works. They are holding _the account_ responsible. Whatever that's done on the account, the account itself faces the consequence. **It doesn't matter who did it.** It's a common misinterpretation that GM punishes users through the account, but that's not what happens. They don't hunt down the users, and they don't identify the individuals who used the account through their ip, playstyle, chat, behavior, etc because those are convincing evidences but they are not hard, solid proof (toxic while streaming with thousands of witnesses and video record would be one, cough tyler1 cough). The individual they punish is the account, and it just happens to lead to punishing users as well. The only mistake riot has done is not notifying you right away at the time of ban. As for their response, they see several bannable offenses, and at first they weren't sure which one led to the ban, it could've been any of them. Apart from that, they dealt with it the standard way like any other game. Helping you against hacking by recovering your account, and punishing the account for what the hacker did on it are unrelated and approached completely differently. Is it fair to you? Hell no. But it's the best standard we have. I can elaborate but I think this wall of text is getting too heavy for me to lift.
: Why am I getting matched with diamonds and (a) master in my Nexus Blitz matches?
It's their first ( I assume) match in nexus blitz, and matchmaking takes into account of their mmr that belongs to the mode they're playing with. It doesn't take into the account of their mmr in other modes. I mentioned in other posts before, I believe this is absurd. With that logic you can potentially have faker matched with irons and you can imagine the consequence for faker's opponents. Some performances (click per second, gold per second, damage taken/dealt per minute, ward placed/destroyed, etc) should be taken into consideration across the board of all modes. It can be extremely difficult, it can be hard to determine what stat should be considered and what shouldn't, but if that's done right it can diminish a lot of our pain.
Kyunsei (EUW)
: I dare you, I say I DARE YOU Riot games, to tell me matchmaking isn't skewed to reach a 50% WR
It's a normal game, and thus their ranks don't matter, the match relied entirely on their normal queue's mmr. That said, I have to question, am I the only one that sees something wrong with this logic? So if faker has only played ranked for life and suddenly decides to play a normal, he could be playing against 5 ~~bronzies~~ irons and make their game experience a living hell, and riot sees nothing wrong with that? With different game modes we play with different mindset and try new champs, so obviously there's a huge gap between our performances. Still, they shouldn't be completely irrelevent, I feel like some of our performances, regardless of mode (not counting rotation game modes), should still be taken into consideration when matched into any game (cs, ward placed, ward removed, click per second,etc) to avoid this kind of misery. I know that can be difficult, that might not even be possible to achieve because I can't imagine how that can be done perfectly myself, but I feel like that would be a step into a more pleasant gaming experience for all, and I believe it's their job to achieve that. P.S. With all that said, matchmaking is messed up regardless even if it's not normal game. I was silver 4 (everything is in ranked flex setting), queue'd for it, holy fuk my ~~lane~~ opponent (nvm he was the jungler) was diamond 4 and none of my teammates was anywhere close to that. And no, unless ppl were lying, no one was queue'd in a party.
: > ...more than one person who hates Fortnite, WoW, PUBG, Overwatch, Hearthstone, or literally any other competitive game. It's just that League, for some reason, has the most vocal complainers. Although I respect your opinion, I do not think that this is just mere coincidence. Personally, the major thing that I'm unhappy with in this game isn't so much the new things that get added. Quite the opposite, it's the old things that get removed, especially the things that have to get removed in order to "make space" for the new things that get added. The old mastery system, old runes, old items, old summoner spells, the old lore, especially old champions before their reworks, etc. etc. These are the things that hurt me the most. Don't get me wrong, I despise the new features as well, but I'd definitely rather see the old things come back, than the new things go away. Although, in the ideal state, one wouldn't have to exclude the other and both would happen at the same time. To get to the point, the previous state of the game and the current state of the game are not comparable, obviously. What we have now is no longer the game I once played, it has evolved (or devolved depending on where you stand), into something different. I didn't invest money into what the game has become, I invested money into what the game was in the past. I didn't invest time into what the game has become, I invested time into what the game was in the past. I don't enjoy what the game has become, I enjoyed what the game was in the past. And I want that game back. I just want that game back...
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LrEpEMqR,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-11-26T07:44:32.348+0000) > What we have now is no longer the game I once played, it has evolved (or devolved depending on where you stand), into something different. > > I didn't invest money into what the game has become, I invested money into what the game was in the past. > > I didn't invest time into what the game has become, I invested time into what the game was in the past. > > I don't enjoy what the game has become, I enjoyed what the game was in the past. > > And I want that game back. > > I just want that game back... And that's the main reason why we haters are still here, the fact that staying is the only chance (no matter how unlikely) we've got to see what we once loved. League was something our hearts tic-toed to as the bell of last period rang or 5 o'clock approached. It was that thing we looked forward to, day by day. It could even be the topic to start a conversation with as soon as you find out the person you were talking to played game. It was the center of our lives. And then it's gone. It's turned into something that disgusts us, and it pains us to remember the beauty it once had. Yes, it's a kind offer from riot to provide this **free** service, and riot is by no means obliged to do anything for anyone. They're not in any position to be accused in any way, by anyone, because they shouldn't, but... it will still happen. Right or not, it still will. Because people are pissed. They're angry about what's lost in their lives, and they will vent, just like how audience riot into the field during soccer stampede disasters in the past. It's irrational. It's wrong. It makes us an embarrassment of humanity, and we know that, that's why many of us - such as myself - have yet to fuel the hate and remain silent so far. But there's a limit. And riot is testing it, year after year, to see how far they can frustrate us before the rest of us join the toxicity. Call me persecution complex if you want, because you're probably right on that - but that's what I truly feel over the last few years. No, I won't join the toxicity, chances are I'll quietly leave, but that's a different matter. My point is, I'm not saying Electro522 is wrong, in fact I think he said everything that needs to be said, but his targeted audience won't accept it - even if they know he's correct.
Kr1sys (NA)
: If the punishment for dodging an ARAM was appropriate
6? lul it's just getting started mate, you're not into 2 digits yet.
Rioter Comments
: Summoner names for Neeko?
: I made it all episodes of Your Lie in April without crying, I demand RP
> [{quoted}](name=Darth Karto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Wrs9EYoo,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-17T23:23:32.637+0000) > > i was no match for plastic memories or clannad doe What, you didn't keep going with Angel Beats and Little Buster !? How could you D; (But then again in anime they removed the saddest ending of little buster, so forget that and go watch angel beats instead)
drash79 (NA)
: Keyboard commands to accept Queue
(typing in skype while waiting for queue) (finishing a sentence and) -Match Found- (press enter) "......."
: How do you find this game fun still?
We don't, we simply cling onto it with the slim of hope of seeing what we once loved returning at a later point, no matter how unlikely it is because that's the only chance we've got.
: If you could have one champion's ability, what would it be?
{{champion:420}} R H*ntai is no longer a dream !
Dr Dog (NA)
: if you are hard losing lane
The problem is ppl don't prioritize winning over their game experience. They'd rather be the one doing work rather than allowing the team to carry instead, because that's not fun, even if they know which option benefits more for the team as a whole.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=No flash no life,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHbaAi8G,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T15:21:29.645+0000) > > Maybe not, but that's not the point. There are things that are deemed unacceptable, thus consequences follow if you exercise your freedom to act in such manners. It's the point you just made. Deemed socially repulsive and being illegal are two separate things.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHbaAi8G,comment-id=00010001000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T15:29:19.594+0000) > > It's the point you just made. > > Deemed socially repulsive and being illegal are two separate things. I was trying to express my point in a more apparent fashion, but looks like it's not serving its purpose because, unlike toxicity which is considered illegal here, my example is not, so let's drop that. People have the freedom to say what they want, but if what they said is considered illegal by the authority then it won't go unpunished. You can disagree with it, that's perfectly fine. I disagree with a lot of riot's decisions myself. You can say it's dumb to ban toxicity on internet and it's our problem for not being able to handle it, I might agree with that. But riot doesn't. And as long as it doesn't, we're free to disagree and hold our own opinion, but we can't actually go and act with that in mind. These people did, however; they broke the rules, then said they shouldn't be reported, and that's absurd.
Spekkıo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=No flash no life,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHbaAi8G,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-11-14T14:55:09.644+0000) > > They are. Whether doing so comes with consequences or not is a different story. People are free to say the N word to black ppl, but surely you can't expect cops to leave them alone. You don't go to jail for saying the N word.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHbaAi8G,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2018-11-14T15:04:53.190+0000) > > You don't go to jail for saying the N word. Maybe not, but that's not the point. There are things that are deemed unacceptable, thus consequences follow if you exercise your freedom to act in such manners.
Spekkıo (NA)
: I don't think anyone's saying you _can't_ do that, they're just suggesting that you shouldn't and you shouldn't and Riot shouldn't be suspending/banning people because of it. People should be free to say whatever they want. Muting/blocking people has been around for decades as far back as I can remember while I was growing up on the internet. Suspending/banning people because they said something that offended you is a relatively new concept. Those punishments use to be reserved for people who were actually cheating at the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Spekkıo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pHbaAi8G,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-14T13:12:56.298+0000) > > People should be free to say whatever they want. > They are. Whether doing so comes with consequences or not is a different story. People are free to say the N word to black ppl, but surely you can't expect cops to leave them alone.
Vuxem (NA)
: Why is a silver 3 and a diamond 3 player allowed in the same fucking game?
Because, my dear fellow, quicker game found is more important than anything else. As long as players can get into the game asap, the quality of the game is of little significance. Doesn't matter if you're the unlucky autofill playing something you absolutely hate to be, or if you're a poor silver 1 laning against a diamond 3 opponent (happened to me), so long as games can start quick the poor gameplay experience is negligible. Quantity > quality of the game, at the very least that's the impression riot is giving me.
: literally what was the point of this post? you just explained a normal basic thing that everyone already knows about
> [{quoted}](name=Umi Wow,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=QOTEZRPa,comment-id=005b,timestamp=2018-10-23T03:26:49.383+0000) > > literally what was the point of this post? you just explained a normal basic thing that everyone ~~already knows~~ should know about As you can see, lots of them don't, some even argue against it.
: Wife and I are done supporting League over PAX event/RIOTer comments
I don't think the idea behind this event is wrong, it's just worded badly; rather than saying they banned men from entering the room, it's more of an event that granted women extra opportunity, and sometimes engaging with only those who share things in common can be entertaining, and this could be a good opportunity for that. The reason why it turned out the way it did and was discussed so negatively was, like a lot of others have said, the poor execution. The event was fine, the idea was fine, but not letting paid participants know about it beforehand and on the pax day suddenly tell them "you can't enter" at the door when they were expecting to is where it went wrong. If everyone was told about it, there wouldn't have been a problem. Men wouldn't be disappointed because they'd know it's a ~~yuri~~ ladies-encouraged event, and women who welcomed the opportunity would look forward to participate. As things turned out, men were turned away at the door, and kind ladies who couldn't abandon their male companies had to turn away as well. I'm sure that wasn't what riot was hoping to achieve either.
zPOOPz (NA)
: 14-day is an attempt to reform player. Perma ban is to tell the player to GTFO, not an attempt to reform (because you can no longer play that account at this point). > i have nothing to lose at this point TIME. You lose time... If you want to piss your life away throwing a tantrum. Go for it.
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E1gXtxjZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-18T21:24:07.624+0000) > > Perma ban is to tell the player to GTFO, not an attempt to reform ^ Pretty much. If you're banned, it simply means you're not welcome in this community. No, riot doesn't encourage coming back with new account, they simply suggest that to banned players because that's a well-known option and they can't stop anyone from doing that. > [{quoted}](name=EdgyPeanutbutter,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=E1gXtxjZ,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-18T21:17:16.129+0000) > > I just got permabanned for calling someone who was being a complete asshole, an asshole. Is that asshole welcome in this community? Certainly not. Is it okay to call that asshole an asshole? Hell no. Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right, and that is not right. You can report him, but you can't act in any way against the terms you have agreed to, and using that kind of insulting word (even if it perfectly fits what he's doing) is not tolerated.
: I have no idea when "In the past it wasn't this much a problem". Even way back in season 3 and so if someone became fed they would quickly demolish your entire team.
> [{quoted}](name=SociopathFriend,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IeY80OVE,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2018-08-27T23:56:17.086+0000) > > I have no idea when "In the past it wasn't this much a problem". Even way back in season 3 and so if someone became fed they would quickly demolish your entire team. They key word is "fed". In the past your opponent doesn't become fed just from you testing out a new champ. You'll lose some health, but you don't just...die. Now if you dare to test out a new champ in front of an actual player you immediately die and they become fed.
DBZDice (NA)
: The Gaming Community is too Soft
Did they provide you with the entire chat log?
warlordekko (EUNE)
: Not trying to be mean or anything but WHY IS GRAVES SO DAMN STRONG?
> [{quoted}](name=WarlordEkko,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=NhXyl8Al,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-08-27T13:58:58.957+0000) > > stormrazor and duskblade. You just said it yourself. It's the items, not the champ. Graves is strong indeed, but that's not the problem here.
: people get upset because it feels like SHIT to get killed over and over by an enemy someone else fed
> [{quoted}](name=Marothennan,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IeY80OVE,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-08-27T21:59:33.814+0000) > > people get upset because it feels like SHIT to get killed over and over by an enemy someone else fed ^Pretty much In the past it wasn't this much of a problem, even if you don't know what you're doing and did a bad trade, you'd only lose 1/3 of your health. Your lane opponent would be ahead but not fed, and your team could still deal with it. Now if you make a mistake you instantly die, and your opponent snowballs out of control.
: Nexus Blitz *NEEDS* MMR Matchmaking to Determine Actual Potential
I, uh, was under the impression that it is based on mmr matchmaking. I mean, it's basically matched as badly as mmr matchmaker does, I can't tell the difference with whether it's used or not. tl;dr matchmaking isn't going to help, teams are still going to be as unbalanced as it is.
: So what exactly am I supposed be doing vs. Akali?
go galio/ekko, spam the q to shove wave and roam elsewhere, or just laugh under your tower. If she roams, catch up to her if you're ekko, or if you're galio just ult and w and watch your team kill her.
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=No flash no life,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HlrE9Ono,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2018-08-15T04:38:41.211+0000) > > https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2845406277/227533096?tab=overview > > Was silver V, still silver V as I speak. Opponents were Plat III, Plat IV, and Gold III. No, I didn't quo or trio queue with anyone. > > Can't find the one that I was up against diamond opponent in lane, might not be this account. > > If you wonder why I play on other accounts, the reason is precisely the topic here. I can no longer play on this one. There is nothing to enjoy and nothing to learn when I queue for a game and go up against lane opponents at least 2 leagues above me and outplay me to the point where I learn nothing from my deaths. The skill discrepancy is so huge I can't even identify what I could've done better, or even if I figure that out I don't even know if I have what it takes to execute against such opponents. it's cause it was twisted treeline, each quaue has it's own rank and it's own mmr. it's possible for a gold flex guy to go against a challenger solo/duo since it's not the same quaue, that means that they are either gold/bronze/silver in twisted quaue. most people try to reach gold in every quaue to get victorious chromas
> [{quoted}](name=rawiazam1,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HlrE9Ono,comment-id=0004000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-15T10:40:06.939+0000) > > it's cause it was twisted treeline, each quaue has it's own rank and it's own mmr. > > it's possible for a gold flex guy to go against a challenger solo/duo since it's not the same quaue, that means that they are either gold/bronze/silver in twisted quaue. most people try to reach gold in every quaue to get victorious chromas Yes, I know different mode and different queue types have sepereate ranks and mmr. I was comparing the ranks of twisted treeline ranked flex only. I did not account for the ranks of solo/duo or flex from summoner's rift of anyone in the game. For example, I am _unranked_ in SR flex and solo/duo, and my twisted treeline flex rank is **SILVER V**. My lane opponent was _diamond five_ in SR solo/duo, and **PLAT III** in twisted treeline flex. I was comparing and only comparing the ranks of the same mode, same queue.
rawiazam1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=No flash no life,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HlrE9Ono,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-15T00:49:28.123+0000) > > you think they care? After every game I scream " I'm silver 5 so stop putting diamond 5 as my opponent" in my head. Matchmaking is utterly broken because of its flawed logic and the attempt to put players into games as soon as possible despite dropping quality as the trade off. > > It's functioning in the direction that riot wants, not what players want, and asking them to do otherwise will get nowhere. you can't get matched with diamound/plat.
> [{quoted}](name=rawiazam1,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HlrE9Ono,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-08-15T01:46:43.786+0000) > > you can't get matched with diamound/plat. https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2845406277/227533096?tab=overview Was silver V, still silver V as I speak. Opponents were Plat III, Plat IV, and Gold III. No, I didn't quo or trio queue with anyone. Can't find the one that I was up against diamond opponent in lane, might not be this account. If you wonder why I play on other accounts, the reason is precisely the topic here. I can no longer play on this one. There is nothing to enjoy and nothing to learn when I queue for a game and go up against lane opponents at least 2 leagues above me and outplay me to the point where I learn nothing from my deaths. The skill discrepancy is so huge I can't even identify what I could've done better, or even if I figure that out I don't even know if I have what it takes to execute against such opponents.
: STOP PUTTING UNRANKED PLAYERS IN HIGH SILVER
you think they care? After every game I scream " I'm silver 5 so stop putting diamond 5 as my opponent" in my head. Matchmaking is utterly broken because of its flawed logic and the attempt to put players into games as soon as possible despite dropping quality as the trade off. It's functioning in the direction that riot wants, not what players want, and asking them to do otherwise will get nowhere.
: Compared to all other _**regions,**_ NA is soft as fuck ######oops typo xd
> [{quoted}](name=SugeMinPikk,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5EE74qBU,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2018-07-29T22:20:42.765+0000) > > Compared to all other reagions, NA is soft as fuck As far as flaming goes, other regions are far worse when it comes to using their languages. Trolling though, I still think NA is one of the worst if not the worst. You might be able to prove me wrong on that but tbh, if you manage to do that, then there's no land of sanity left in this world.
: Is there a single tank that is worth playing in the game right now?
Tanks that build tank and still do well for both soloq and team que: {{champion:36}} {{champion:516}}
: Sorry, I don't feel sorry for your low honor level.
> [{quoted}](name=RoguePanda99,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=5EE74qBU,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-28T20:34:35.191+0000) > > just don't flame people or troll This is NA, you're asking too much.
: Tell me your 3 most played champions and I will tell you your personality and greatest fear.
Dracozx (NA)
: The queue dodging penalty should be harsher!!!
Dodge function exists for those who suddenly face last minute emergencies and have to abandon the match. I have yet to see any other acceptable reason to, and if you face something urgent enough to force you to leave, chances are even a 1 day ban will prove little to no significance to you when you're focusing on dealing with those serious real life circumstances. As things stand, people almost never use the function as intended, and the little consequence we have does nothing to stop them. I have to say I agree just because a harsher punishment doesn't really affect those who dodge based on acceptable reasons while discouraging those who do so for selfish reasons at the expense of others.
Show more

No flash no life

Level 45 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion