: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=17QHNyga,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-01-23T16:10:46.939+0000) > > Betraying your own name, wow I just realized I was on my smurf account xd mb totally meant {{champion:92}} whoops
> [{quoted}](name=DarkmoonDiana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=17QHNyga,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-01-23T23:15:31.449+0000) > > I just realized I was on my smurf account xd mb > totally meant {{champion:92}} > whoops That's... even worse
: Toxicity and why I will look for fun elsewhere
Because Riot's workplace itself is toxic, why would you ever expect their game to be clean? Not to mention all the toxic streamers who we allow to make an influence on the players of this game, who we all to continue to represent this game.
: What if we gave Akali the Azir treatment?
Like we've mentioned on the akali main's subreddit, this is only part of the issue and only part of the reason people are frustrated with her. The shroud does need a little change in some form such as this but it's not going to change much.
: Hashinshin explains why conqueror exists in the first place
More interested in what he says at the start about junglers being able to consistently camp you.
Gankdalf (NA)
: Nexus Blitz brought me back (old player).
I bet they lost a lot of players by removing NB honestly, but hey, no other game mode should be allowed besides SR right?
: {{champion:103}} This one
> [{quoted}](name=DarkmoonDiana,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=17QHNyga,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-01-23T16:08:51.058+0000) > > {{champion:103}} This one Betraying your own name, wow
: What is your goal for this upcoming season?
I don't have any goals at this point :x
: RIP Nexus Blitz.
Making room for arurf which is currently on the pbe
: > [{quoted}](name=Dynikus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=s8PZE0sA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-23T12:39:34.079+0000) > > Did riot say they were going to revert her rework? Because I really can't imagine they would. It was mentioned a few times Prof Akali keeps bringing it up, and if you want to learn about her he's the way to go. He has guides and meme builds, all of which add a lot of fun to getting into a champ that has such a strange set of interactions... think of him as an informative version of box box but for akali instead of riven.
If you watch the professor then you've seen him explain in an okay manner why her rework is pretty difficult to balance, and if you hang out on the Akali mains subreddit, there's even more detailed posts on it.
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iQGeOFjY,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T13:38:20.070+0000) > > You can't always fill in ALL the gaps, but if you choose to do so, then you are able to pick your own champion to try and fill in what you see as important. > > Forcing the 1-tricks to play out of their comfort zone lowers your chances more honestly. At the end of the day, your team comp while important, isn't as important as your ability to carry. I'd rather have my teammates play something that they're comfortable with in all aspects, rather than put them in an awkward position. > > The general point of this thread is that you're not entitled to pick your team mates champions, or force them into playing what you feel is necessary. And what I especially wanted to point out, is that someone who specializes and gets their specialty role and champion, is a **hypocrite** for trying to even suggest that someone else play something that they deem necessary. I agree that in a specific game, you're better off having your allies on comfortable picks instead of picking for the comp. I disagree that someone should be able to pick to one trick / main a specialist in the first place. I.e. my argument, again using ad mid assassins as an example, is that specialists should do sufficiently poorly in out-of-specialty situations that people who insist on one tricking them would get stuck in Elo below their skill level. Obviously you'd maintain a 50% win chance, but since many of those 50% of losses are coming based on comp you'd need to be significantly better than the people you're playing against. To make it perfectly clear, I'm of the opinion that it should be impossible to one trick an ad assassin in Challenger. The fact that some people can purposely pick ad assassins into full ad comps in Challenger and still maintain a 50% win rate at that level of play where teams of that calibre should be able to punish the clear weakness just SCREAMS that these Champions aren't balanced properly. They're exceptionally too strong when on team comps that work with them, since they're capably strong on team comps that don't. Which obviously leads to people maining stuff like zed and yasuo, and leads to people constantly whining that they're op and people constantly arguing that they're not and pointing to somewhat balanced win rates. It's no surprise that EVERYONE is right in their claims. The wrong is that these Champions shouldn't be able to maintain a 50% win rate at high Elo if they're being picked into poor comps. They should be balanced to a moderately above 50% win rate on good comps to reward players for knowing how to play them when the opportunity arises, and allowed to fall significantly otherwise. Of course this deviates from your thread. Ultimately I agree with you - I want people to pick what they're good at. What I'm adding is that I think riot is wrong in how they allowed the game to develop to this state though.
> [{quoted}](name=ValyrianBlade,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iQGeOFjY,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T22:42:17.466+0000) > > I agree that in a specific game, you're better off having your allies on comfortable picks instead of picking for the comp. > > I disagree that someone should be able to pick to one trick / main a specialist in the first place. > > I.e. my argument, again using ad mid assassins as an example, is that specialists should do sufficiently poorly in out-of-specialty situations that people who insist on one tricking them would get stuck in Elo below their skill level. Obviously you'd maintain a 50% win chance, but since many of those 50% of losses are coming based on comp you'd need to be significantly better than the people you're playing against. > > To make it perfectly clear, I'm of the opinion that it should be impossible to one trick an ad assassin in Challenger. > > The fact that some people can purposely pick ad assassins into full ad comps in Challenger and still maintain a 50% win rate at that level of play where teams of that calibre should be able to punish the clear weakness just SCREAMS that these Champions aren't balanced properly. They're exceptionally too strong when on team comps that work with them, since they're capably strong on team comps that don't. > > Which obviously leads to people maining stuff like zed and yasuo, and leads to people constantly whining that they're op and people constantly arguing that they're not and pointing to somewhat balanced win rates. > > It's no surprise that EVERYONE is right in their claims. The wrong is that these Champions shouldn't be able to maintain a 50% win rate at high Elo if they're being picked into poor comps. They should be balanced to a moderately above 50% win rate on good comps to reward players for knowing how to play them when the opportunity arises, and allowed to fall significantly otherwise. > > Of course this deviates from your thread. Ultimately I agree with you - I want people to pick what they're good at. What I'm adding is that I think riot is wrong in how they allowed the game to develop to this state though. I can agree with that, but I don't really think it's that those champions are broken. I just think that it's the amount of damage in-game currently and how fast games are going. Even a malphite or an ornn might not be able to ramp up enough armour in time, as well as respond to a potential split push in order to counter these champions.
: What a great start of the week. Awesome cinematic.
I'm not a fan :/ It's really really well made, but I'd really rather see somewhere like Zuan.
: "Let the Games Begin" quest not working
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iQGeOFjY,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-21T07:57:43.515+0000) > > You can rant all you want though, it doesn't change anything. > > There's always going to be problems with your comp even in the best case scenario. Your teammates are going to pick whatever they want regardless of what you may think is necessary, regardless of what even they think is necessary, so it's best to just let it happen. And yet I've pointed out very clearly that I can't always pick X. If you're not contributing to picking a reasonable team comp, you're lowering your allies win chances. I don't care if you lower your own win chances (and as I mentioned, I think AD-only mids should get punished more for not caring about team comp) because maybe you don't care about climbing. However that's not the right attitude for ranked. At the end of the day, if you see this a lot you're likely part of the problem. I don't see it often at all and I don't have a particularly wide champion pool to pick for the team comp to begin with. The key though, is that there's a big difference between 1-tricking a generalist and a specialist. If you 1-trick a specialist like an AD mid assassin, you're really not contributing to your team (which is why those champions all feel busted, because they get compensation for being in bad comps most of the time which just isn't right). Meanwhile if you 1-trick a generalist you can contribute to almost any team comp and therefore it isn't a problem.
> [{quoted}](name=ValyrianBlade,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iQGeOFjY,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-01-21T13:16:49.438+0000) > > And yet I've pointed out very clearly that I can't always pick X. > > If you're not contributing to picking a reasonable team comp, you're lowering your allies win chances. I don't care if you lower your own win chances (and as I mentioned, I think AD-only mids should get punished more for not caring about team comp) because maybe you don't care about climbing. However that's not the right attitude for ranked. > > At the end of the day, if you see this a lot you're likely part of the problem. I don't see it often at all and I don't have a particularly wide champion pool to pick for the team comp to begin with. The key though, is that there's a big difference between 1-tricking a generalist and a specialist. If you 1-trick a specialist like an AD mid assassin, you're really not contributing to your team (which is why those champions all feel busted, because they get compensation for being in bad comps most of the time which just isn't right). Meanwhile if you 1-trick a generalist you can contribute to almost any team comp and therefore it isn't a problem. You can't always fill in ALL the gaps, but if you choose to do so, then you are able to pick your own champion to try and fill in what you see as important. Forcing the 1-tricks to play out of their comfort zone lowers your chances more honestly. At the end of the day, your team comp while important, isn't as important as your ability to carry. I'd rather have my teammates play something that they're comfortable with in all aspects, rather than put them in an awkward position. The general point of this thread is that you're not entitled to pick your team mates champions, or force them into playing what you feel is necessary. And what I especially wanted to point out, is that someone who specializes and gets their specialty role and champion, is a **hypocrite** for trying to even suggest that someone else play something that they deem necessary.
: Why are there so many potatoes on the climb from gold to plat?
Because it really doesn't get better at higher elos. For some reason everyone has this delusion that the trolling stops, that people get smarter, the ragers quiet down and griefers don't exist at higher rankings. None of that is true. Take a look at our challenger/master/gmaster rankings, and their games, and it's happening pretty often up there. Why would you ever think that it's going to stop at some point, especially at gold/plat?
Yóur Dad (EUW)
: Clash
Pretty sure it's been canceled or to put it in other words from another gaming company that tends to cancel projects that are long overdue without telling you, it's been shelved.
: When does the Lunar New Year Event Start??? [I NEED NEW PRETTY SKINS AND LUNAR LUX!!!!!]
I've heard that these people would make lunar revel happen, go speak to them https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/general-discussion/kdKg3ucE-looking-for-e-girlstaking-applications
: Move Twisted fate to jungle
You're just saying this so graves and tf can have a showdown in the jungle aren't you?
Zed genius (EUNE)
: How do junglers do it?
Don't know why we still complain about certain roles being "worse" than others in terms of dealing with your own team mates. Yeah the jungler has to deal with huge amounts of trash talk and awful treatment from their teammates typically, but they're also the most impactful role in-game and the role that can most easily mess up your lane or otherwise been demanding of their own team mates for no good reason.
: Eh I disagree with this. I get autofilled support, and my allies are something like Quinn top, talon mid, kha'zix jungle, and jhin ADC. What should I play? Either it's gg no tank/peel/engage or it's gg no AP. Like I pick Leona in that case then complain we have no AP. That's not on me. I can't play an AP Tank Support (and even if I did, I'm not doing both the tanking and the magic damage, best I can do is go Brand and have the magic damage or go Leona/Alistar and have the tankiness. Likewise, I'm ADC and the team picks no AP. How am I supposed to pick AP? I've picked Corki in those games in the past - I personally do really well but always lost those games. Likewise if I'm ADC and the team has no tank/front line. Again - my role isn't to play that champion. A tank/front-line is completely non-functional in the ADC role. I say all of this, because honestly it was a big part of the reason I stopped being an ADC main. Between the 4 man dives bot lane every single game and the fact that I had to rely on teammates to pick something that could peel for me (instead of getting a mage support and 3 assassins/mages as my teammates most games). At least if I'm playing the mage I can still do my job without a tank on the team. As the ADC you can't teamfight properly without a front line. Your mid/jg/top will have the tools to start a fight an get out, you follow up with damage (because if you don't they all die and blame you for losing the fight) and then they all back out and leave you a sitting duck to die by yourself because you lack their mobility. The game is completely unfun as an ADC when your teammates don't pick anything with some degree of tankiness. I don't need you to pick a true tank, but at least one teammate kind of needs to at least be a meat shield. Going on to other roles: honestly I 100% think that bringing AP damage is the responsibility of mid lane if no one else offers to bring it. The zed/yasuo/talon one tricks that insist on picking AD mid are a big problem for team comps (or at least should be when the game is balanced). There are far fewer top/jungle/adc choices that can bring real AP damage to the table and you can't expect those players to have that in their champion pool. Those champions being balanced to still get healthy win rates despite being in all AD teams way more often is just disgusting (they should generally be at a big disadvantage in all AD teams). As a jungler again, I think I have every right to complain that the team has no AP. I'm sorry that {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:163}} aren't in my jungle champion pool. Likewise if a top laner doesn't have {{champion:68}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} in his champion pool (and especially because top lane is so dominated by counter picks and being able to respond to a potential split late game and providing that tanky presence I was talking about - bringing a mage top isn't generally a good idea). Yes, basically this entire post is pretty much a rant about AD mids and to a lesser extent mages/marksmen tops. You CAN play those picks, but you should make sure your team comp will work with them. OR FFS at least intent those picks if you're going to pick them regardless. Nothing is more frustrating than watching your last pick mid laner instantly lock in Yasuo (after not intent'ing it) into an all AD team - like you didn't even give us a chance to pick AP for you.
> [{quoted}](name=ValyrianBlade,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iQGeOFjY,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-20T02:12:32.616+0000) > > Eh I disagree with this. > > I get autofilled support, and my allies are something like Quinn top, talon mid, kha'zix jungle, and jhin ADC. What should I play? Either it's gg no tank/peel/engage or it's gg no AP. Like I pick Leona in that case then complain we have no AP. That's not on me. I can't play an AP Tank Support (and even if I did, I'm not doing both the tanking and the magic damage, best I can do is go Brand and have the magic damage or go Leona/Alistar and have the tankiness. > > Likewise, I'm ADC and the team picks no AP. How am I supposed to pick AP? I've picked Corki in those games in the past - I personally do really well but always lost those games. Likewise if I'm ADC and the team has no tank/front line. Again - my role isn't to play that champion. A tank/front-line is completely non-functional in the ADC role. > > I say all of this, because honestly it was a big part of the reason I stopped being an ADC main. Between the 4 man dives bot lane every single game and the fact that I had to rely on teammates to pick something that could peel for me (instead of getting a mage support and 3 assassins/mages as my teammates most games). At least if I'm playing the mage I can still do my job without a tank on the team. As the ADC you can't teamfight properly without a front line. Your mid/jg/top will have the tools to start a fight an get out, you follow up with damage (because if you don't they all die and blame you for losing the fight) and then they all back out and leave you a sitting duck to die by yourself because you lack their mobility. The game is completely unfun as an ADC when your teammates don't pick anything with some degree of tankiness. I don't need you to pick a true tank, but at least one teammate kind of needs to at least be a meat shield. > > Going on to other roles: honestly I 100% think that bringing AP damage is the responsibility of mid lane if no one else offers to bring it. The zed/yasuo/talon one tricks that insist on picking AD mid are a big problem for team comps (or at least should be when the game is balanced). There are far fewer top/jungle/adc choices that can bring real AP damage to the table and you can't expect those players to have that in their champion pool. Those champions being balanced to still get healthy win rates despite being in all AD teams way more often is just disgusting (they should generally be at a big disadvantage in all AD teams). As a jungler again, I think I have every right to complain that the team has no AP. I'm sorry that {{champion:60}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:163}} aren't in my jungle champion pool. Likewise if a top laner doesn't have {{champion:68}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:50}} in his champion pool (and especially because top lane is so dominated by counter picks and being able to respond to a potential split late game and providing that tanky presence I was talking about - bringing a mage top isn't generally a good idea). > > Yes, basically this entire post is pretty much a rant about AD mids and to a lesser extent mages/marksmen tops. You CAN play those picks, but you should make sure your team comp will work with them. OR FFS at least intent those picks if you're going to pick them regardless. Nothing is more frustrating than watching your last pick mid laner instantly lock in Yasuo (after not intent'ing it) into an all AD team - like you didn't even give us a chance to pick AP for you. You can rant all you want though, it doesn't change anything. There's always going to be problems with your comp even in the best case scenario. Your teammates are going to pick whatever they want regardless of what you may think is necessary, regardless of what even they think is necessary, so it's best to just let it happen.
: "GG we have no peel" after picking marksman top into a heavy dive comp
> [{quoted}](name=The Oasis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=iQGeOFjY,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-19T22:56:13.795+0000) > > "GG we have no peel" after picking 4 marksmen and an alistar into a heavy dive comp. I mean it could be true. That doesn't matter though. If you find it so, so very important that it must be on the team, then you should have picked it. If you're not going to try and fill in whatever gaps that you see, then you have no business screaming about it. But besides that, you can win with any comp, and I'd rather have people playing what they feel comfortable with and know.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=CLG ear,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qlez1kwE,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-19T21:12:20.557+0000) > > u can't watch NA because it hasn't started yet I figured about as much since no NA vods are on YouTube.
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=qlez1kwE,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-19T21:20:08.234+0000) > > I figured about as much since no NA vods are on YouTube. It might as well not start anyways. Lets face it, league is dying in the west. It's the easterners that want the fast paced games and eventually the entire game will be theirs.
: I am sick of seeing Nasus jungle in every single fucking game.
I'd love to say it brings back the old jungle feels but it really doesn't.
: A game cannot grow bigger forever
A shorter way of saying this is that games generate success when their target audience find it appealing but there's a numbers cap on that target audience. You can't grow beyond that target audience without changing the game and risk losing them. Everything ends eventually and league is no different, so obviously they're going to try to squeeze out as much revenue and overall success as they can.
Saevum (NA)
: 25% of first bloods...
> [{quoted}](name=Saevum,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Ahe88jX,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-01-15T15:28:00.850+0000) > > 25% of first bloods... DID YOU KNOW THAT TALON IS RESPONSIBLE FOR 25% OF ALL FIRST BLOODS!?
: Really interesting question, was just chewing on this- I'm sure everyone has a similar story: You have someone you really cared for/put a lot of trust in, they betrayed that trust and you run into them later down the line. You feel that betrayal but also you really cared about this person at some point in your life, so do you give them the time of day?
I mean he betrayed her yes, but his life was on the line at that point, and he was actually going to lose his life because of her.
: High Elo Players dont belong with low elo players ever no matter that ranked game they are playing.
Even before the mmr system was messed up in soloq ranked, it was like this. Each type of games, soloq, flex 5v5, ranked 3's, normal 3's, normals(not sure if draft and blind have different mmr) but all of these have different mmr.
: Can we all just stop copying eachother? It's getting kinda sad
Because we also continue to downvote any unique posts. I'm not just talking about bad posts with no thoughts put into it what so ever, but many well thought out, unique posts are just instantly down voted because they're different. The boards are actually worse than reddit when it comes to the fact that they obsess over the same topics and ideas over and over again. Even small or different thoughts about those said ideas go unnoticed.
: Sylas isnt That Bad
Pretty sure I made a post about this on release saying the same thing. His ult will probably result in a lot of weird balance decisions.
: Why Be Toxic?
There is no reason what so ever to be toxic. It's a waste of time and you're only going to make the situation in your game worse. There's honestly no reason to talk in-game besides short phrases such as stating that you're splitting a lane. The issue is that toxicity in all forms whether it's trolling a game or flaming your team mates goes largely unpunished. If anything the current honor system feels as if it almost promotes it. I see people with nothing really honor worthy getting honors for sitting there in-game with horrible scores doing nothing but flaming their teammates. And then I wonder why it's so takes me a month to go from honor 3 to honor 4. The worst part is that toxicity is slowly becoming acceptable. You hear about all the scandals that happens in Riot's work place don't you? We also have many streamers who act like absolute childish animals and influence our younger players. It shouldn't be done, there's no benefit to being toxic, and yet unfortunately it's getting worse and worse :/
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T23:09:39.191+0000) > > https://cms.dot.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/Mistaken_Fare_Policy_Statement_05082015.pdf > It has been enforced. First off it was a legitimate law. Second off, during the time period that it was active, many airlines followed it and customers who knew of it could bring it up if the airlines tried to recall the mispriced tickets. > > Currently, there is nothing that forces airlines to honor mistaken prices, and you even see some recall wrongly priced tickets. It is completely up to their discretion. > > However this doesn't even matter, because the airline industry and league of legend's business practices are worlds apart and they should never have been compared in the first place. The reason it was never enforced is because most airlines chose to honor the tickets anyway. This ia surprising to me - you're arguing airlines should have to honor obviously mistaken air fares, but not that Riot should honor this mistake pricing?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=0001000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T23:28:00.614+0000) > > The reason it was never enforced is because most airlines chose to honor the tickets anyway. > > This ia surprising to me - you're arguing airlines should have to honor obviously mistaken air fares, but not that Riot should honor this mistake pricing? I just stated that it was in-fact enforced, and gave proof of it. Now you're putting words in my mouth once again. I never gave any stance on the airlines situation, I merely stated the laws around it and how it's handled. It was you who guided the discussion there in the first place, and all I've done since then is prove every word that's come forth from your mouth wrong. Let it go already, you're wasting my time.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=0001000000010000,timestamp=2019-01-13T22:27:12.056+0000) > > Within the united states there is. Please don't lie. > > “It is an unfair and deceptive practice within the meaning of 49 U.S.C. 41712 for any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, or of a tour (i.e., a combination of air transportation and ground or cruise accommodations), or tour component (e.g., a hotel stay) that includes scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, to increase the price of that air transportation, tour or tour component to a consumer, including but not limited to an increase in the price of the seat, an increase in the price for the carriage of passenger baggage, or an increase in an applicable fuel surcharge, after the air transportation has been purchased by the consumer, except in the case of an increase in a government-imposed tax or fee. A purchase is deemed to have occurred when the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer.” > > This was set up by the Department of Transportation before being changed in 2015. Seriously, do your research. A rule means nothing if it's never enforced.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=00010000000100000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T22:59:40.874+0000) > > A rule means nothing if it's never enforced. https://cms.dot.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/Mistaken_Fare_Policy_Statement_05082015.pdf It has been enforced. First off it was a legitimate law. Second off, during the time period that it was active, many airlines followed it and customers who knew of it could bring it up if the airlines tried to recall the mispriced tickets. Currently, there is nothing that forces airlines to honor mistaken prices, and you even see some recall wrongly priced tickets. It is completely up to their discretion. However this doesn't even matter, because the airline industry and league of legend's business practices are worlds apart and they should never have been compared in the first place.
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=00190000,timestamp=2019-01-13T09:02:12.976+0000) > > Am I the only one who finds this idea abhorrent? > > I was online at the time, although I didn't know about this, but if I did, I'd be too scared to take advantage of it knowing that I could potentially suffer consequences. It isn't morally right to begin with. id definitely abuse it but i didnt even know.itd be dumb for riot to punish u for their own mistakes.ye i could just not do it like u but what if a naive person or a young one does it?are they gonna be punished for it?
> [{quoted}](name=AceFromGorillaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=001900000003,timestamp=2019-01-13T16:16:27.764+0000) > > id definitely abuse it but i didnt even know.itd be dumb for riot to punish u for their own mistakes.ye i could just not do it like u but what if a naive person or a young one does it?are they gonna be punished for it? It depends. If you did it once because you're curious as to if it actually works, or if you're new, they're going to be able to tell. That's how it is with other games.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-01-13T06:12:17.786+0000) > > Up until 2015 airlines were actually forced to honor these mistakes by law. > > Also it's a completely different business with different services being sold. Often times wrongly priced airline fares are taken as some sort of marketing gimmick or people wonder if the flight in question had issues such as previously planned passengers cancelling their flights. > > However with league you can clearly see how everything is typically priced. There is no benefit to Riot to putting the capsules in the store at that price, it is clearly a mistake. That's... Not true. There has never been a law in the US or other countries requiring airlines to honor "obvious" mistakes. What is "clearly" a mistake to you may just appear as a marketing gimmick to others, anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-01-13T17:15:53.702+0000) > > That's... Not true. There has never been a law in the US or other countries requiring airlines to honor "obvious" mistakes. What is "clearly" a mistake to you may just appear as a marketing gimmick to others, anyway. Within the united states there is. Please don't lie. “It is an unfair and deceptive practice within the meaning of 49 U.S.C. 41712 for any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, or of a tour (i.e., a combination of air transportation and ground or cruise accommodations), or tour component (e.g., a hotel stay) that includes scheduled air transportation within, to or from the United States, to increase the price of that air transportation, tour or tour component to a consumer, including but not limited to an increase in the price of the seat, an increase in the price for the carriage of passenger baggage, or an increase in an applicable fuel surcharge, after the air transportation has been purchased by the consumer, except in the case of an increase in a government-imposed tax or fee. A purchase is deemed to have occurred when the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer.” This was set up by the Department of Transportation before being changed in 2015. Seriously, do your research.
980725 (NA)
: Does VAPING lead to heart diseases or anything like that?
It's not safe although it's safer than cigarettes. I've heard bronchiolitis obliterans was often caused by vaping though.
: Why is any1 be pissed over it? It's riots mistake it's totally normal for people to exploit it I would too if I knew about it when it happened. Players shouldn't be punished because they didn't cheat they saw sth free and got it.
> [{quoted}](name=AceFromGorillaz,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YTEqY7oP,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-01-13T08:54:41.327+0000) > > Why is any1 be pissed over it? It's riots mistake it's totally normal for people to exploit it I would too if I knew about it when it happened. Players shouldn't be punished because they didn't cheat they saw sth free and got it. Am I the only one who finds this idea abhorrent? I was online at the time, although I didn't know about this, but if I did, I'd be too scared to take advantage of it knowing that I could potentially suffer consequences. It isn't morally right to begin with.
: How do I farm when jungle has no vision?
Vision doesn't just come from wards, but from who you can see clearly on the minimap. If you can clearly see everyone on the minimap and they're not near the bottom half of the map, then it's safe to shove bot lane out and grab as much farm as you can. Otherwise simply try to rotate lanes when possible. Mid is the safest lane for you to rotate to typically. If you move to push out other lanes hard make sure your support is with you, unless you're like a vayne or an ezreal with flash up. The rest of it depends on the champions in-game and the state of the game.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T06:31:08.740+0000) > > <*removed by moderation*> Except they literally don't have value, they only have value if you give them value. They are a meaningless additions that only add the tiniest bit of customization beyond what is base. They don't give you more power, they don't give you more skill, they don't give you more of anything as they don't change the gameplay at all (or at least not enough to actually change the game.) It is no different then an airline just shrugging off a mistake of price, or a market underselling an item by mistake. What even would the upsides be of punishing those players, like honestly. Oh, you would make the 1 k bitter people who are whining about not jumping on themselves happy, then piss off everyone else who would just use this as more fuel to the fire to call them greedy, or incomptent, or stupid, or whatever. The only downside of leaving it like this are the entitled whiners who will bitch for a few days about not getting to cash in.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T06:40:55.176+0000) > > Except they literally don&#x27;t have value, they only have value if you give them value. They are a meaningless additions that only add the tiniest bit of customization beyond what is base. They don&#x27;t give you more power, they don&#x27;t give you more skill, they don&#x27;t give you more of anything as they don&#x27;t change the gameplay at all (or at least not enough to actually change the game.) > > It is no different then an airline just shrugging off a mistake of price, or a market underselling an item by mistake. > > What even would the upsides be of punishing those players, like honestly. Oh, you would make the 1 k bitter people who are whining about not jumping on themselves happy, then piss off everyone else who would just use this as more fuel to the fire to call them greedy, or incomptent, or stupid, or whatever. > > The only downside of leaving it like this are the entitled whiners who will bitch for a few days about not getting to cash in. Because it does affect gameplay. These capsules do not just give skins. That was the whole entire purpose of the bottom half of the original post. These capsules also potentially give gemstones, which can be exchanged for masterwork chests which can potentially give skinshards. The actual champions in an accounts possession do alter gameplay. I explained the difference between this and the airline situation above, if you'd like to take the time to actually read for once instead of blathering insults and spamming my thread. Also explain how punishing the players who abused the glitch would anger anyone besides those who abused it? Go on.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NoDiscussion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T05:54:32.464+0000) > > Your reading and comprehension skills are as always very amusing to behold. Please explain to me then, because what you are saying makes no sense to me. What is the problem if they are able to stockpile OE, you say they cost money, yes, they cost Riot money, not you so why is that an argument? Also, skins are a problem how exactly, how do you except a free to play game to make a profit if not by cosmetics or should they sell pay to win mechanics?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T05:59:31.204+0000) > > Please explain to me then, because what you are saying makes no sense to me. What is the problem if they are able to stockpile OE, you say they cost money, yes, they cost Riot money, not you so why is that an argument? > > Also, skins are a problem how exactly, how do you except a free to play game to make a profit if not by cosmetics or should they sell pay to win mechanics? The arguement is that you should be upset because someone else got OE for free, while you will have to work for it either through in-game interactions or by spending money. Also I never said skins are a problem. I don't know how you even think I said that, again as I said earlier your comprehension is either garbage or you're just sitting here baiting me. What I said was that even if any players out there felt that way, they were still impacted by the fact that other players abused the bug to acquire the capsules for 1 BE. They were still scammed so to speak, and that whether you like skins or not, acknowledge their pricing and so forth, the people who abused the capsule bug still not only scammed Riot but the other players who did not abuse it.
: It was up for 12 minutes. Then taken down, it was addressed in a post by riot. Riot owned up to it and accepted they made a mistake, they now have processes in place so it won't happen again. They're reverting the Prestige Points and Prestige BM Aatrox purchases. However, from a technical point of view for skins obtained by players that made purchases of the 1 BE capsule, It is quite difficult to trace the opened capsules to skins obtained by them. Not saying I know anything about riots processes and databases etc But yeah, relax everyone.
> [{quoted}](name=Arctic Dragon,realm=OCE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-13T06:00:00.592+0000) > > It was up for 12 minutes. Then taken down, it was addressed in a post by riot. Riot owned up to it and accepted they made a mistake, they now have processes in place so it won&#x27;t happen again. They&#x27;re reverting the Prestige Points and Prestige BM Aatrox purchases. > > However, from a technical point of view for skins obtained by players that made purchases of the 1 BE capsule, It is quite difficult to trace the opened capsules to skins obtained by them. Not saying I know anything about riots processes and databases etc > > But yeah, relax everyone. You see, as reverts aren't possible, they should have simply cleared the inventory of those who purchased multiple capsules via the bug. It's a minor punishment and it very much fits the crime that was committed.
rujitra (NA)
: Look up airlines honoring mistake fares. Tell me how this is any different whatsoever.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-13T05:57:06.068+0000) > > Look up airlines honoring mistake fares. > > Tell me how this is any different whatsoever. Up until 2015 airlines were actually forced to honor these mistakes by law. Also it's a completely different business with different services being sold. Often times wrongly priced airline fares are taken as some sort of marketing gimmick or people wonder if the flight in question had issues such as previously planned passengers cancelling their flights. However with league you can clearly see how everything is typically priced. There is no benefit to Riot to putting the capsules in the store at that price, it is clearly a mistake.
Jamaree (NA)
: Yeah the skins cost money to make...but they don't cost you anything, I'm so confused.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BfKVe5zk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-13T05:49:44.752+0000) > > Yeah the skins cost money to make...but they don&#x27;t cost you anything, I&#x27;m so confused. Your reading and comprehension skills are as always very amusing to behold.
Rioter Comments
Cavalier707 (EUNE)
: I play top and mid and mostly I either have the highest vision score in the game or the lowest IDK why. But when I get autofilled, I have good vision score always.
> [{quoted}](name=Cavalier707,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=e5Fy3Mmd,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-01-12T12:08:09.163+0000) > > I play top and mid and mostly I either have the highest vision score in the game or the lowest IDK why. But when I get autofilled, I have good vision score always. The vision score is wacky. Supports and Junglers get more vision points for using their trinkets compared to the other 3 roles for some reason. I tested this out like a month ago although it'd be nice if someone else would also check for me c:
d00mface (EUW)
: A Theory About Sylas' Voice Actor
A few times he sounded like Darius to me. It's so hard to say though because voice actors have such broad ranges.
Kythers (NA)
: This is embarassing
I hope they're going off actually wards and not just converting vision score into what they think it means because vision score is busted.
: Die hard TT player here. I'll quit league when they get rid of it.
> [{quoted}](name=MightyMiddle,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MTqEfbjE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T08:29:51.104+0000) > > Die hard TT player here. I&#x27;ll quit league when they get rid of it. I love TT, it's fantastic, and really enjoyable. It's also more of a team map than anything though. Everything each player does on that map affects everyone else sometimes near instantaneously. This can be a problem if you're playing solo. Not so much if you're playing with a premade 3's team. Great game mode, but carry potential and opportunities for solo players isn't what it needs to be there.
: When you call enemies or allies bad
is it spiderman thread time?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

NoDiscussion

Level 31 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion