: There are things you can do to increase or decrease the likelihood that you'll fall asleep at a given moment, but you can't guarantee the results merely by a conscious decision. Kind of like climbing the ranked ladder.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yXWsQr6l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-25T07:55:25.271+0000) > > There are things you can do to increase or decrease the likelihood that you'll fall asleep at a given moment, but you can't guarantee the results merely by a conscious decision. > > Kind of like climbing the ranked ladder. The more you think about sleep, the harder it is to fall asleep.
: Me: I'd like to play a normals game with my friends today!
Solution: Quit league of legends, like I did.
: XD I just watched the whole video, he's saying the mosque shooter from NZ was using the "OK" hand sign {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} What an ignoramus. It's called the "Circle game" boys and girls, and I guarantee most of you played it growing up.
> [{quoted}](name=GodEmperorVeigar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kcgKiexE,comment-id=0025,timestamp=2019-04-13T12:41:27.513+0000) > > XD I just watched the whole video, he's saying the mosque shooter from NZ was using the "OK" hand sign {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}} What an ignoramus. It's called the "Circle game" boys and girls, and I guarantee most of you played it growing up. DvDs and Blu-rays of Malcolm in the Middle are now banned from all retailers.
NotSid (NA)
: Allowing the "ok" hand gesture to become a racist symbol is troubling. Here's why.
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YZazH9G2,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:15:50.910+0000) > > Turn the rainbow flag into an a racist symbol. Easy. If there's one thing 4chan can accomplish, it's turning innocent things into racist symbols. rainbow flag is actually racist, the different colors symbolizes segregation and separatism. A truly non racist flag would have a unique color, to symbolize unity. People will eventually realize that fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YZazH9G2,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T23:18:47.397+0000) > > rainbow flag is actually racist, the different colors symbolizes segregation and separatism. A truly non racist flag would have a unique color, to symbolize unity. People will eventually realize that fact. This idea of banning "dog whistles" is idiotic because literally anything could be a "dog whistle". Eventually we'll run out of things that are ok to say and do, because at some point they would have been a dog whistle.
: bottom left guy is racist and so is Japan https://i.imgur.com/39wh9Fd.jpg[/img]
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YZazH9G2,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-13T22:59:04.840+0000) > > bottom left guy is racist > > and so is Japan > > https://i.imgur.com/39wh9Fd.jpg[/img] "Bottom left guy" Ok it's bad enough you don't know who Paul McCartney is, but it's worse even after I said that was him..
: > [{quoted}](name=Hypochondria9,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YZazH9G2,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-13T22:52:25.590+0000) > > It's like a contest of who can find the new racist thing to be offended about. I'm just trying to find a way to turn this against the people who are pushing it.
> [{quoted}](name=Irelia Bot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YZazH9G2,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-04-13T22:58:23.792+0000) > > I'm just trying to find a way to turn this against the people who are pushing it. Turn the rainbow flag into an a racist symbol. Easy. If there's one thing 4chan can accomplish, it's turning innocent things into racist symbols.
Rioter Comments
41noob (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ovQEAVUq,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-13T12:22:51.492+0000) > > I didn't think you were allowed to make threads calling a specific person out? i am not a person but a collection of many consciousnesses so it's okay
> [{quoted}](name=41noob,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ovQEAVUq,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2019-04-13T18:33:47.458+0000) > > i am not a person but a collection of many consciousnesses so it's okay Ah so you're like the Borg?
Kauai (NA)
: i havent been on GD in ages, but i saw something that made me nostalgic
I didn't think you were allowed to make threads calling a specific person out?
: this discusion is funny, but why is it on league boards.
> [{quoted}](name=thelolgamer123,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BJZEvTze,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-04-04T07:21:35.764+0000) > > this discusion is funny, but why is it on league boards. Because this is: 1. General Discussion. 2. A thread that's over a year old. I suggest you look at the rules before posting.
: Why are they called HAMburgers when they're made out of cows?
: My girlfriend told me to stop singing Justin Beiber's 'Baby'. I thought she was just joking...then she left me.
> [{quoted}](name=The Oasis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NTyQFy8I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-11T05:28:40.048+0000) > > My girlfriend told me to stop singing Justin Beiber's 'Baby'. I thought she was just joking...then she left me. You're bad at puns.
Rioter Comments
: Why does league have Cinematic?
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Lazersnaw,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3AnGNZxe,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-10T06:46:46.418+0000) > > You have insufficient evidence to support that claim. I would consider this spam, but since in your post history you only have 2 bad and deleted comments, i will refrain from a report. Please keep in mind that thinking about what you say helps, and i advise you to add on to that sentence. Can someone please give this guy a warning for being a forum cop? It's really annoying and I'm positive everyone downvoting him agrees.
Death Rex (EUW)
: >glad he is staying positive though Is... is that a joke related to his cancer or...? Sorry I really don't want to be mean but I genuinly want to know if you did it intentionally.
> [{quoted}](name=Death Rex,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=55yIMuLf,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2019-03-07T16:29:47.958+0000) > > Is... is that a joke related to his cancer or...? > > Sorry I really don't want to be mean but I genuinly want to know if you did it intentionally. No. In his statement he said how he was keeping a positive attitude.
CLG ear (NA)
: Alex Trebek, the host of Jeopardy, has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer
Cancer had already taken from me this year. Fuck cancer.
Copic (NA)
: Wanna feel old?
I'm 29 next month. BIG OOF
: Daily reminder that Daniel Z Klein has been fired for his sexism
Have you peeked at his Twitter lately? It's FULL of anti-white, anti-male tweets. He's so salty about that one movie winning an oscar!
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3vNVGEz,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2019-02-26T04:49:23.358+0000) > > And they just recently engaged in more sexist behavior, showing that they've learned nothing and will do it again. DZK: "You can't be sexist against men because the academic definition says it's one way!" Common sense: "The academic definition is just some bullshit so you can feel better about being an asshole."
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3vNVGEz,comment-id=000100020000,timestamp=2019-02-26T05:00:57.924+0000) > > DZK: "You can't be sexist against men because the academic definition says it's one way!" > > Common sense: "The academic definition is just some bullshit so you can feel better about being an asshole." Did he actually say that? I must have missed that one 😂😂😂
: Additional reminder: Riot stood by their choice to be sexist at PAX West last year. Pretty sure DZK was fired for engaging the community during a damage control period, not for being sexist.
> [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=i3vNVGEz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-26T01:12:18.042+0000) > > Additional reminder: Riot stood by their choice to be sexist at PAX West last year. > > Pretty sure DZK was fired for engaging the community during a damage control period, not for being sexist. And they just recently engaged in more sexist behavior, showing that they've learned nothing and will do it again.
: People telling others to commit suicide in lol should instantly be perma banned
: Wasn't that team didn't had money enough to pay the old players or something like that and that's why they decided to create this clusterfuck team ? And it wasn't on LPL dear goddes it's the russian league the LCL
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6bgkHUmU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-24T03:04:34.680+0000) > > Wasn't that team didn't had money enough to pay the old players or something like that and that's why they decided to create this clusterfuck team ? > > And it wasn't on LPL dear goddes it's the russian league the LCL Sorry, my mistake. Got those two mixed up. Thanks, I'll correct it now.
: But Riot didn't fire them. Although they did something as stupid later top kek
> [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6bgkHUmU,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-24T03:03:25.403+0000) > > But Riot didn't fire them. > > Although they did something as stupid later > > top kek Riot didn't, no. The Vaevictus did. Riot isn't directly accountable for that, but letting it go on is pretty fucking bad.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Destaice (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=000f0001,timestamp=2019-02-23T09:44:18.603+0000) > > If you honestly think that.. *you're* part of the problem. It's very obvious that nobody respects their team. It's a low diamond team of pretty faced girls and brings back memories of the comedic failures of Team Siren. But if you're going to blatantly disrespect them with a sexist stereotype during an official event as a team of "professionals" then you're going to get a warning. It's obvious why they did it stop pretending to be an idiot. You can either accept this or shove your fingers in your ears and scream "lah lah lah" and hope you get your way.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=000f00010000,timestamp=2019-02-23T20:17:00.397+0000) > > It's very obvious that nobody respects their team. It's a low diamond team of pretty faced girls and brings back memories of the comedic failures of Team Siren. But if you're going to blatantly disrespect them with a sexist stereotype during an official event as a team of "professionals" then you're going to get a warning. It's obvious why they did it stop pretending to be an idiot. You can either accept this or shove your fingers in your ears and scream "lah lah lah" and hope you get your way. I'm sorry but respect is earned, not given for free. They are low diamond players. They haven't earned respect.
wuthappen (EUW)
: > I disagree with the banning black champions thing. They're all legitimate bans. Let me add another hypothetical detail here, since you are willfully ignoring my point: - In this scenario {{champion:236}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:420}} are NOT in meta and are NOT mained by the african players. This ban was done for the lulz and the "white players" are laughing and audience is laughing, humiliating a newcomer > Any time you have to stop to consider "should I ban this champion vs this team or will I get in trouble?" you've lost all sense of competition. You are completely diluting the issue here. ROX was clearly on a much higher level and it was obvious that vaevictis didn't belong in that league... there was no competetion here. This was never a competetive ban, it was disrespect. The end game result would have been the same if they had banned any other of champs. This was done for the lulz, the message was pretty clear.
> [{quoted}](name=wuthappen,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T17:30:23.566+0000) > > Let me add another hypothetical detail here, since you are willfully ignoring my point: > - In this scenario {{champion:236}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:420}} are NOT in meta and are NOT mained by the african players. This ban was done for the lulz and the "white players" are laughing and audience is laughing, humiliating a newcomer > > You are completely diluting the issue here. ROX was clearly on a much higher level and it was obvious that vaevictis didn't belong in that league... there was no competetion here. This was never a competetive ban, it was disrespect. The end game result would have been the same if they had banned any other of champs. This was done for the lulz, the message was pretty clear. Your argument is dead on arrival because banning champions is part of the game. In no instance should any combination of bans be against the rules.
: These boards spend most of their time bashing on Riot for everything they do, even (or, rather, **especially**) if it's what they'd been begging for just **two days ago**. Honestly, if I was Riot, I'd hate to stop by here much, either.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XtuMf3Ip,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-23T14:18:44.021+0000) > > These boards spend most of their time bashing on Riot for everything they do, even (or, rather, **especially**) if it's what they'd been begging for just **two days ago**. Honestly, if I was Riot, I'd hate to stop by here much, either. Maybe because Riot is incompetent? Naaaah couldn't be it..
wuthappen (EUW)
: > I disagree with the banning black champions thing. They're all legitimate bans. Let me add another hypothetical detail here, since you are willfully ignoring my point: - In this scenario {{champion:236}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:420}} are NOT in meta and are NOT mained by the african players. This ban was done for the lulz and the "white players" are laughing and audience is laughing, humiliating a newcomer > Any time you have to stop to consider "should I ban this champion vs this team or will I get in trouble?" you've lost all sense of competition. You are completely diluting the issue here. ROX was clearly on a much higher level and it was obvious that vaevictis didn't belong in that league... there was no competetion here. This was never a competetive ban, it was disrespect. The end game result would have been the same if they had banned any other of champs. This was done for the lulz, the message was pretty clear.
> [{quoted}](name=wuthappen,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T17:30:23.566+0000) > > Let me add another hypothetical detail here, since you are willfully ignoring my point: > - In this scenario {{champion:236}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:420}} are NOT in meta and are NOT mained by the african players. This ban was done for the lulz and the "white players" are laughing and audience is laughing, humiliating a newcomer > > You are completely diluting the issue here. ROX was clearly on a much higher level and it was obvious that vaevictis didn't belong in that league... there was no competetion here. This was never a competetive ban, it was disrespect. The end game result would have been the same if they had banned any other of champs. This was done for the lulz, the message was pretty clear. What were they supposed to ban, then?
wuthappen (EUW)
: I can see a huge difference. TSM SUX is a direct insult to the team and has nothing to do with their physical appearance or how they were born. instead of the trope of women only playing support lets make a new hypothetical scenario: Lets say the first e-sports team from africa with only black players play vs a major team of white players. Imagine them banning out: {{champion:236}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:420}} for the lulz. Most people would say that is racist af. Just like that, these players looked at the opposing players physical appearance and judged them from that, not their character or the way they play. We already know that women are underrepresented in e-sports, mostly because of culture/society. ROX banning the supports and disrespecting one of the only female teams is kinda discouraging to up and coming female players. Honestly female players are nowhere near the level of male players, mostly because of a huge difference in the ratio of female to male players, and just like any other sport, they should have a female league so they can compete at their own level and become better players. Maybe in 5-10 years they will be good enough to compete at the same level.
> [{quoted}](name=wuthappen,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-02-23T16:34:57.527+0000) > > I can see a huge difference. TSM SUX is a direct insult to the team and has nothing to do with their physical appearance or how they were born. > > instead of the trope of women only playing support lets make a new hypothetical scenario: > > Lets say the first e-sports team from africa with only black players play vs a major team of white players. > Imagine them banning out: {{champion:236}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:245}} {{champion:420}} for the lulz. > > Most people would say that is racist af. > Just like that, these players looked at the opposing players physical appearance and judged them from that, not their character or the way they play. > > We already know that women are underrepresented in e-sports, mostly because of culture/society. ROX banning the supports and disrespecting one of the only female teams is kinda discouraging to up and coming female players. > > Honestly female players are nowhere near the level of male players, mostly because of a huge difference in the ratio of female to male players, and just like any other sport, they should have a female league so they can compete at their own level and become better players. Maybe in 5-10 years they will be good enough to compete at the same level. I disagree with the banning black champions thing. They're all legitimate bans. Any time you have to stop to consider "should I ban this champion vs this team or will I get in trouble?" you've lost all sense of competition. You're instead left with a pitiful display of people afraid of playing the damn game because winning is viewed as disrespectful now. There's no arguing this. What Riot did was shameful. They've gone too far this time.
wuthappen (EUW)
: > The players on Vaevictis had more experience in the support role than any other role. They came to a world stage. Their opponents removed their strongest options to restrict their play-style in a way that would insure them victory. cmon man, you are so fucking dishonest here. You can't seriously expect a pro team to play supports like {{champion:40}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:412}} in other lanes, except mid. This was obviously done, because they didn't see them as a threat at all, and wanted to poke fun at a female team. There can't be any other intelligent way to interpret that. I agree it was funny af, but this was done for disrespect and not for serious competetive advantage.
> [{quoted}](name=wuthappen,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-02-23T16:39:00.856+0000) > > cmon man, you are so fucking dishonest here. You can't seriously expect a pro team to play supports like {{champion:40}} {{champion:267}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:412}} in other lanes, except mid. This was obviously done, because they didn't see them as a threat at all, and wanted to poke fun at a female team. There can't be any other intelligent way to interpret that. > > I agree it was funny af, but this was done for disrespect and not for serious competetive advantage. Where's the rule saying you can't ban out champions of only one role? Teams do that all the time. Teams used to ban all of HSGG's best champions and ignore the rest of CLG because he was so good at nidalee, etc. You can ban all top laners. You can ban all mids. You can ban all junglers and ADCs. But if it's a female team you're not allowed to ban all supports? Anyone defending Riot on this has lost their mind.
: misogynistDictionary result for misogynist /mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)nɪst/Submit noun 1. a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women. I don't know where you can see that in this post, or did you have a different definition of the word?
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-02-23T16:11:00.684+0000) > > Here's the only question that matters: > > Were they justifiable bans? Riot can make all the assumptions they want, but an assumption *is just an assumption* in the face of facts. If they were 5 legitimate bans, what does Riot expect to be done? This is really the heart of it. Riot placed feelings over facts; a typical SJW thing to do. (Initially quoted the wrong post)
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-23T05:04:35.867+0000) > > Any male team would take it on the chin and just play the game. > > If anything, the team just wasted their bans and gave the female team an advantage. But instead the league decided to punish for a non violation. > > Either women can compete in a male dominated stage, or they can't. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. It's almost like the female team didn't pick the warning, nor is Riot, and it's almost like Riot noticed active passive-aggression due to a stereotype that people use to harass other players and decided to not let it happen. But ok, clearly it's the females fault for breathing wrong...?
> [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2019-02-23T10:31:17.709+0000) > > It's almost like the female team didn't pick the warning, nor is Riot, and it's almost like Riot noticed active passive-aggression due to a stereotype that people use to harass other players and decided to not let it happen. But ok, clearly it's the females fault for breathing wrong...? Oh can it, would you? This is why females shouldn't be in pro play with the guys. I thought it would be ok because it's not a physical sport, but after seeing how they receive preferential treatment that extends into gameplay mechanics, no thank you. Riot blew it.
Destaice (NA)
: They weren’t warned for banning mains. They were warned because they banned five support champions because “haha girls only play support.” It was incredibly obvious and lying about it like this makes you part of the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-02-23T09:34:02.483+0000) > > They weren’t warned for banning mains. They were warned because they banned five support champions because “haha girls only play support.” It was incredibly obvious and lying about it like this makes you part of the problem. If you honestly think that.. *you're* part of the problem.
: > [{quoted}](name=Destaice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2019-02-23T09:34:02.483+0000) > > They weren’t warned for banning mains. They were warned because they banned five support champions because “haha girls only play support.” It was incredibly obvious and lying about it like this makes you part of the problem. Meme bans have been a thing even in pro League for a long time. Now, just because it was a girls team, it's a problem.
> [{quoted}](name=SupaDevilJuice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tLix7OtV,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-02-23T09:36:35.102+0000) > > Meme bans have been a thing even in pro League for a long time. > > Now, just because it was a girls team, it's a problem. Girls are weak. Girls aren't as strong as men, mentally or physically. Girls need to be given special treatment because they just can't handle it like the boys can. This is what Riot said here. This is what Riot thinks of female players.
Ultrys (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-23T02:07:09.101+0000) > > And you love being a misogynist whenever possible. Why was this post necessary? do you just get shivers and touch yourself when you think you've found an opportunity to say, "misogynist?: Also, what was the point of THIS post? You're attacking someone for disagreeing with something a company did. There is clear evidence that they didn't do it to be jerks. HOWEVER i know little gamer boys and I'm gonna guess they were being jerks, but you have NO PROOF that they were and thus they are INNOCENT until proven guilty regardless of how you personally feel about the situation. Even if you just think they're being jerks and in the wrong, you don't get to attack people in one instance while using a word that is coming to the defense of someone else (in this case women.) Makes you seem like a big lousy hypocrite ( i touched myself when i said that word)
> [{quoted}](name=Ultrys,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0000000000010001,timestamp=2019-02-23T07:03:59.394+0000) > > do you just get shivers and touch yourself when you think you've found an opportunity to say, "misogynist?: > > Also, what was the point of THIS post? You're attacking someone for disagreeing with something a company did. There is clear evidence that they didn't do it to be jerks. HOWEVER i know little gamer boys and I'm gonna guess they were being jerks, but you have NO PROOF that they were and thus they are INNOCENT until proven guilty regardless of how you personally feel about the situation. > > Even if you just think they're being jerks and in the wrong, you don't get to attack people in one instance while using a word that is coming to the defense of someone else (in this case women.) Makes you seem like a big lousy hypocrite ( i touched myself when i said that word) He's Vacus. He thinks he's above the rules because of some self righteous complex or something. Worst part is he's friends with the mods so nothing is ever done about it.
: Does kayle have to be so tiny?
Tiny girls are cute af.
: The choices given are biased. The warning was given presumably under the notion of equal protection. It supposed to be a friendly competitive game at the level they were playing. I can see why Riot would issue a warning over it. Regardless of how everyone feels about the women being there playing or whatever, it at least looks sexist because girls playing support is a meme in gaming. If they didn't issue the warning, I feel like people would have freaked out the other way about it. It wasn't an actual punishment. I think it was just a message in general. "Don't do this." Sort of a compromise to try to get a point across just in case it was sexist. There's no way to prove whether it was or wasn't. I think Riot was just being cautious, especially after the stuff they've been in the news for. They probably would have done something similar if there was a gay player stirring things up by playing then the first team they face bans the meme gay champs. Taric, Varus, Ez, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=Sweetheart Janna,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wFAZ42y,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-23T05:23:13.235+0000) > > The choices given are biased. The warning was given presumably under the notion of equal protection. It supposed to be a friendly competitive game at the level they were playing. I can see why Riot would issue a warning over it. Regardless of how everyone feels about the women being there playing or whatever, it at least looks sexist because girls playing support is a meme in gaming. If they didn't issue the warning, I feel like people would have freaked out the other way about it. It wasn't an actual punishment. I think it was just a message in general. "Don't do this." Sort of a compromise to try to get a point across just in case it was sexist. There's no way to prove whether it was or wasn't. I think Riot was just being cautious, especially after the stuff they've been in the news for. > > They probably would have done something similar if there was a gay player stirring things up by playing then the first team they face bans the meme gay champs. Taric, Varus, Ez, etc. I don't buy this at all. Your team's makeup shouldn't affect what you can or can't ban in champ select. Period.
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T05:50:23.932+0000) > > I wouldn't. I'm all for professionalism, but there's always gonna be jabs between teams. Some are lighthearted, others not so much. I expect all teams to be able to handle it and brush it off and just get on with it. There's a difference between this and some jab/banter. A jab/banter is /laughing, spamming mastery/emotes, etc. Light things you do in response to playing against someone. In this situation, teams weren't taking the ban phase all that seriously considering the amount of bans when other, stronger picks exist. Yes, they were all support mains, but the notion that you'd need to ban nothing but supports seems far fetched, especially when several of the supports were subpar and/or not really worth a ban. (There's also some shit that apparently the players were BMing in comms and not taking it seriously but I've only heard word of mouth from it.) It's also not the first time we've seen BM in league play. I don't recall the exact game but I remember some EU LCS team got stacking items back in the day (I remember because Sword of the Occult still existed) and just farmed stacks for the sake of dunking on someone. That too is not really taking your opponent seriously and just making fun of them. Dancing in the endzone is ok. Throwing the enemy team the ball repeatedly because you know they can't score isn't.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T06:06:29.697+0000) > > There's a difference between this and some jab/banter. > > A jab/banter is /laughing, spamming mastery/emotes, etc. Light things you do in response to playing against someone. > > In this situation, teams weren't taking the ban phase all that seriously considering the amount of bans when other, stronger picks exist. Yes, they were all support mains, but the notion that you'd need to ban nothing but supports seems far fetched, especially when several of the supports were subpar and/or not really worth a ban. (There's also some shit that apparently the players were BMing in comms and not taking it seriously but I've only heard word of mouth from it.) > > It's also not the first time we've seen BM in league play. I don't recall the exact game but I remember some EU LCS team got stacking items back in the day (I remember because Sword of the Occult still existed) and just farmed stacks for the sake of dunking on someone. That too is not really taking your opponent seriously and just making fun of them. > > Dancing in the endzone is ok. Throwing the enemy team the ball repeatedly because you know they can't score isn't. I'm sorry but how old are the people playing in LCS? Are they children? Or are they young adults who are expected to be able to take this kind of stuff on the chin and move the hell on? I mean, if after the game they were interviewed and said "haha yeah we banned supports because they're an all female team, so we didn't take them seriously hahaha" then yeah, I would have no qualms with reprimanding the team or the individual player who made that remark. *That* is crossing the line. But simply using game mechanics is not going against the rules and is not being disrespectful. Perhaps the team wasn't able to research this new team very well and decided to do a targetted ban at one player based on what they could find? This isn't disrespect. This is just part of the game. Don't like it? Don't play.
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-02-23T05:04:35.867+0000) > > Any male team would take it on the chin and just play the game. > > If anything, the team just wasted their bans and gave the female team an advantage. But instead the league decided to punish for a non violation. > > Either women can compete in a male dominated stage, or they can't. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. To be fair, I'd expect or at least want similar punishment if this happened to a male team as well. Sadly I think the biggest problem is the fact that Riot RU is letting a team field an All-Female squad of Low-diamond only support players in a league where the standard is usually challenger+ for the sake of publicity. And yeah, I still think the players were BMing them, but that's a symptom of the real problem, not the cause.
> [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T05:32:34.480+0000) > > To be fair, I'd expect or at least want similar punishment if this happened to a male team as well. I wouldn't. I'm all for professionalism, but there's always gonna be jabs between teams. Some are lighthearted, others not so much. I expect all teams to be able to handle it and brush it off and just get on with it.
: *People make fun of females for only playing support or being good at support constantly, whether as a meme or being serious.* *Being a common thing, a team decides to ban all supports as a subtle jab against them.* *Surprised Pikachu face that it is indeed not only them that know the stupid stereotype.* Yes, was it not directly against the rules, but no, but if you continue reading the article, they explain that this is because it was very subtle discriminatory behavior. This is a pattern of teams poking fun at this all-girls team. Even if they're bad and not playing to the level they should be, there's a level of respect you have to give your opponents still. Also, this whole TSM vs now argument is dumb because that was years ago, and obviously Riot has evolved as a company and as an organization. Even more of an 'also', this was a warning. There was no fines, penalties, or bans. I don't get why this is that huge of a deal. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357391189621866496/548726795730550804/Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-43-58.png https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/7635/riot-games-warn-lcls-rox-for-banning-5-support-champs-in-a-single-match
> [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-02-23T04:51:40.236+0000) > > *People make fun of females for only playing support or being good at support constantly, whether as a meme or being serious.* > > *Being a common thing, a team decides to ban all supports as a subtle jab against them.* > > *Surprised Pikachu face that it is indeed not only them that know the stupid stereotype.* > > Yes, was it not directly against the rules, but no, but if you continue reading the article, they explain that this is because it was very subtle discriminatory behavior. This is a pattern of teams poking fun at this all-girls team. Even if they're bad and not playing to the level they should be, there's a level of respect you have to give your opponents still. > > Also, this whole TSM vs now argument is dumb because that was years ago, and obviously Riot has evolved as a company and as an organization. Even more of an 'also', this was a warning. There was no fines, penalties, or bans. I don't get why this is that huge of a deal. > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/357391189621866496/548726795730550804/Screenshot_2019-02-22-22-43-58.png > > https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/7635/riot-games-warn-lcls-rox-for-banning-5-support-champs-in-a-single-match Any male team would take it on the chin and just play the game. If anything, the team just wasted their bans and gave the female team an advantage. But instead the league decided to punish for a non violation. Either women can compete in a male dominated stage, or they can't. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.
Vacus (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=NotSid,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0000000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-23T04:17:34.926+0000) > > Please don't post in my threads. Continuing to do so will be considered harassment and will be reported as such. You've been warned. lol You're not a mod, and I will post in whatever thread I want. If the post itself is harassment, feel free to report it. If it isn't, feel free to deal with it.
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=00000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T04:54:50.101+0000) > > lol > > You're not a mod, and I will post in whatever thread I want. If the post itself is harassment, feel free to report it. If it isn't, feel free to deal with it. You're throwing insults and name calling so I'd rather not put up with you. You have a history of this and quite honestly I'm tired of it.
: Equality, always. Just because we live in a society that values women more highly based on ancient instinct, does not mean that we should ignore the bases of those instincts: Men are capable of fathering numerous children within days, hours, or even minutes of each other, whereas women are only capable of having 1 child every ~9 months [identical / fraternal siblings not withstanding], until they are ~40 years old, and women carry the children inside their bodies until they are born, which, in the interest of promoting the growth of humans as a species, requires us as a whole to provide them with extra protections. THAT SAID, expanding these protections to any aspect of society outside child-rearing is reprehensible and shameful, and runs UNARGUABLY contradictory to the concept of equality.
> [{quoted}](name=x9 Kat,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5wFAZ42y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-23T04:56:59.719+0000) > > Equality, always. Just because we live in a society that values women more highly based on ancient instinct, does not mean that we should ignore the bases of those instincts: > > Men are capable of fathering numerous children within days, hours, or even minutes of each other, whereas women are only capable of having 1 child every ~9 months [identical / fraternal siblings not withstanding], until they are ~40 years old, and women carry the children inside their bodies until they are born, which, in the interest of promoting the growth of humans as a species, requires us as a whole to provide them with extra protections. > > THAT SAID, expanding these protections to any aspect of society outside child-rearing is reprehensible and shameful. Mhm. Riot just set a dangerous precedent. If you ban a certain combination of champions, you'll be punished by the league. And that combination of champions is undisclosed and arbitrary. There's no way teams can be expected to know which combination of champions can't be banned. This is 10x worse than the PAX fiasco. I honestly can't believe this happened.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-02-23T03:15:13.702+0000) > > Where did they say this? Because what I saw in the official statement were quotes of the specific rules being violated. It was more like _feeling_ a rule was violated than breaking an actual, concrete rule like "do not afk at base." _While Riot admitted that this is technically not against the rules, Riot took ROX’s banning choices as a “sign of disrespect towards Vaevictis,” which fields an all-female starting lineup._ https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/rox-and-vega-squadron-receive-warnings-for-in-game-misconduct-against-all-female-team https://i.gyazo.com/06bf42bc285a03ade20cf083acd91b53.png http://ru.lolesports.com/articles/1154
> [{quoted}](name=Colonel J,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-23T03:53:12.589+0000) > > It was more like _feeling_ a rule was violated than breaking an actual, concrete rule like "do not afk at base." > > _While Riot admitted that this is technically not against the rules, Riot took ROX’s banning choices as a “sign of disrespect towards Vaevictis,” which fields an all-female starting lineup._ > https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/rox-and-vega-squadron-receive-warnings-for-in-game-misconduct-against-all-female-team > > https://i.gyazo.com/06bf42bc285a03ade20cf083acd91b53.png > http://ru.lolesports.com/articles/1154 It's like banning Pepe memes because someone decided Pepe was a racist symbol. This is unacceptable and Riot should apologize immediately.
Vacus (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-23T02:07:09.101+0000) > > And you love being a misogynist whenever possible. Why was this post necessary? Please don't post in my threads. Continuing to do so will be considered harassment and will be reported as such. You've been warned.
: Hmmm Do you think that maybe the regulations and standards have changed over time? Hint: The answer is not "no".
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EOoTqOZX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-23T02:00:25.293+0000) > > Hmmm > > Do you think that maybe the regulations and standards have changed over time? > > Hint: The answer is not "no". Doesn't matter. Banning support champions is not against the rules. Riot just loves going into white knight mode whenever possible.
Rioter Comments
Show more

NotSid

Level 32 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion