Kamille W (EUW)
: I wish if they'd update some of their voice lines when they update their lores.
Me too, but I imagine that takes way longer because they have to go find the voice actor and get them to record a bunch of new lines. As it stands, I like getting lore sooner instead of having to wait for lore and VO stuff to be released at the same time. I do agree with wanting updated VOs, but I'm still happy with getting new lore in the meantime.
  Rioter Comments
: See I agree with you that those actions are morally abhorrent, but the Aspects also do exactly that PLUS eternal torture prisons. They just justify it with the greater good of fighting the Void. Why don't we ask Aurelion Sol what Targon thinks of slavery?
> [{quoted}](name=NotaRobot1006,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cF6lUR7u,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-03-14T18:46:46.025+0000) > > See I agree with you that those actions are morally abhorrent, but the Aspects also do exactly that PLUS eternal torture prisons. They just justify it with the greater good of fighting the Void. Why don't we ask Aurelion Sol what Targon thinks of slavery?
Jaspers (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=NotaRobot1006,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cF6lUR7u,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-03-13T18:42:56.677+0000) > > Heck, we've humanized the Aspects. Kind of. Even at the peak of their evil, the Darkin (as far as we know) didn't put anyone in eternal torture prisons. If people who pulled THAT off can get moral grayness, who the heck can't? No, the Darkin just enslaved them and/or slaughtered them instead, forced them into a long needless war. Much better.
See I agree with you that those actions are morally abhorrent, but the Aspects also do exactly that PLUS eternal torture prisons. They just justify it with the greater good of fighting the Void. Why don't we ask Aurelion Sol what Targon thinks of slavery?
d00mface (EUW)
: Rhaast Lore
On the plus side, it means we can make up our own Rhaast lore with absolutely nothing to contradict us. On the minus side, there's still barely any canon Rhaast lore. Big sad. I think you could easily go into the kind of person Rhaast *was* without making him too gray. He can't have just been born evil or he wouldn't have Ascended. Heck, we've humanized the Aspects. Kind of. Even at the peak of their evil, the Darkin (as far as we know) didn't put anyone in eternal torture prisons. If people who pulled THAT off can get moral grayness, who the heck can't?
: {{champion:30}} ain't evil tho.
I'm inclined to agree, but I admit that largely depends on how you define evil. If you define it by actions, then he's totally evil. Karthus murders people and turns them undead whether they like it or not. If you define it by motives, then he's not evil. He legitimately believes that he's helping people by turning them undead. If you put both definitions together, they average out to "neutral, but still an active threat."
Zapzya (OCE)
: The Shadow Isles are great
Kalista requires that her pledges kill themselves for revenge and then join her vengeance posse forever. And even that might not work, given that "Kalista only answers those whose cause she deems worthy of her skills." Now she's not actively hunting people unless summoned, but the whole "commit suicide if you want vengeance" thing definitely takes her out of the "good" category. I think you made the right call slotting her into morally gray. But that's a really dark gray.
: It's blocks all projectiles airborne or not. Idk where this airborne definition of yours came from. He literally blocks "seaborne" waves from Nami and "rockborne" circles from malphite. Velkoz's w doesn't open a tear in reality. He's from the void, he doesn't create tears in reality. His w literally just opens a portal to the void and then he closes it after it releases a burst of energy. Yasuo uses wind magic, it's not just normal wind, I don't see why it couldn't interupt portal making.
Because it inconveniences me personally and is therefore bad. If I had a strong argument, I wouldn't be posting on the Rant board.
GigglesO (NA)
: Wind op...
: I'm sure there's an explanation from either the development or balance teams but I'm not sure I'd want to read it all; it might be a rather long-winded wall of text.
Rioter Comments
: I dont think anyone hates old lore as us MF mains (Sona tho) Every single game in which I dont use GGMF: >SuRe YoU cAn HaNdlE mE, sUmMoNeR ?
On the other hand, I'm going to miss being condescendingly told that I only need to click once.
: {{champion:82}} 's mace Nightfall is a darkin he enslaved by overpowering it. The Darkin is more or less fine with this since Morde slaughtered thousands upon thousands of people with the mace, or the darkin conscience in the mace is completely gone.
So his VGU will call it Nightfaall. It got the memo.
Rioter Comments
: Man this is a huge disappointment. Thief is a Jack ass that only didn't sell her because she looked human now. I feel nothing for him or care what happened to him.
It's not like we were given any real reason to get attached to him. Yeah he did a *few* more things before he got Lady Catherine'd, but ultimately he mainly showed up to die.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=I love cowboys,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Em0fVJcn,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-06T01:09:50.633+0000) > > For some reason the lore team seems to be on a crusade to wipe out League's fathers. > > Kassadin better watch his back. If General DuCouteu ever makes it in the game he's gonna have to rally the dads against this injustice
> If General DuCouteu ever makes it in the game he's gonna have to rally the dads against this injustice If there are any living ones left by then.
: WAIT WHAT?!!? WHY!?!? I'M ACTUALLY PISSED
We all are sad about Dragon Dad. He lives on in our hearts.
: ...owch... Man dads seriously get the short end of the stick in the LoLverse.
Poor guy was already in the League of Dead Parents, but at least he got to do cool stuff before he died. Now he's just gone.
: Yeah, but a short read of the story shows the mother of a different type. She no longer is wanting to destroy shyvana for being a half human abomination. She is trying to be protective of Shyvana
She may have initially wanted to find Shyvana for non-murdering reasons, I'll grant that, but she ultimately has no issue with fighting her daughter to the death.
: RIP dragon dad! Though I imagine it has more to getting rid of the "Devouring Mother" archetype than getting rid of the virtuous father.
Mom's still in the picture, though.
Moody P (NA)
: Why is her mum going after her of she's grown if her other kid has completely left Wouldn't that be good for the dragon to know Shyvana is good and well? Also does this confirm that Shyvanas real dad is a human who copulated with a dragon?
> Also does this confirm that Shyvanas real dad is a human who copulated with a dragon? No, some mage just stole Yvva's egg and it hatched into a purple humanoid baby.
Rioter Comments
: Runeterra and Mental Illness
I'd imagine the state of mental health care is a bit lacking as well, at least in some reasons. If Zaun had something resembling competent psychologists then the guy out to delete emotions might have less of a following.
Reiizm (NA)
: Lore facts that sound like bullshit but are actually 100% true
They put a knife in {{champion:14}}'s brain and it made him smarter.
Jaspers (EUW)
: I have an issue with humanising the Darkin, mainly because they aren't anymore and haven't been for a long time. Given them something like tragedy to their characters doesn't fit them. They are murdering nutjobs. Aatrox is pained he isn't what he once was right? Is he refering to his one god like devine being or the malformed monster he became? If he is truely in pain he wouldn't put other people who didn't do anything to him through the pain of taking them over, twisted their bodies and forms to fit his design. He' take a corpse, control it and walk into the Void which would consume him and end his existance. For Rhaast how would you paint him? How could you justify what appears to be a homicidal maniac in anyway of a good light? What did he do to become worthy of Ascension? But as indicated by recent discussion, do we really need more 'grey' in this game? What's wrong with a homicidal maniac?
> What did he do to become worthy of Ascension? See, that's what I want to know. What was he like BEFORE he became a homicidal maniac? If he was that kill-crazy all along then you'd have to be an idiot to let him anywhere NEAR the Sun Disc.
: Wait has...has Kayle always been the crummy sister?
Her old lore portrays her as an overzealous smite-happy jerk, but also says Morgana is evil. Except Morgana's lore says that Kayle's the evil one. They were both told from the perspectives of unreliable narrators, but Kayle was never a shining beacon of decency.
: You know, some Darkins could have become simple kill crazed machines especially after centuries of imprisonment and the need to feed. Rhaast is also fueled in doing so by the need to overcome Kayn fast before the shadow boy can completely annihilate him. I think the 3 Darkins we have are a good display of different branches of character. Aatrox is the most exemplar one, Varus is the most calculating, strategic and coldest while Rhaast is just a reaper but with a clear motive behind that.
I understand that. My beef is that we know jack all about Rhaast from BEFORE he was a simple kill crazed machine beyond that he wanted to kill Xuyaan.
: Honestly, Raahst is just a dickhead. Dickheads are people too, you know? I don't feel the need to turn Raahst into a tragic crestfallen hero, that's kinda Aatrox's thing... Moreover I like Raahst as my irredeemable 9:00AM cartoon villain
See, I want more than that out of a character. We already have a 9 AM cartoon villain {{champion:45}} and even HE'S got more depth. He has a personality with more than two notes, he has explanations to his motives beyond "evil fun."
Rioter Comments
: Riot does not consider Rhaast to be a champion. He just happens to be Kayn's weapon. The most they're willing to do is have stories that _include_ Rhaast in the future. > [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FAm7hvA8,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-13T01:42:08.220+0000) > > Just to be clear, and answering only the original question from the thread - Rhaast did not get a lore update for two reasons (both of which were asked at the time, IIRC) > > 1) He's not a champion, so he's not going to get a bio or color story of his own like Varus or Aatrox. > 2) Kayn was the most recently created champion, and his lore (including Rhaast) was already in line with the planned Darkin update that accompanied Aatrox. > > Having said that, there's no reason at all that we couldn't do ACTUAL stories including Rhaast in future :-) > > (Kayn's in-game transformation hasn't happened in the lore, BTW. That's a what-if scenario for players to live out the fantasy and make a choice in their games, showing what he _could_ look like if that were to one day happen... and that's just frickin' awesome!)
And I dislike that. He's a sapient, living(ish) being and he gets glossed over. It makes sense for him to be dehumanized in the lore because that's what happened to all the Darkin who didn't die: They got trapped into weapons, turned into objects. But to treat him as nothing more than an object from a writing perspective does his character a disservice.
GigglesO (NA)
: Stop trying to get me hyped just for the inevitable let down where either. He’s op pick/ban. He gets gutted for being op pick/ban. Or Still just trash but reworked trash.
: The Volibear; White Walker? Runterra's Grod? You tell me
Honestly my brain just keeps repeating the words "big," "scary," and "yes." They took a Proud Warrior Race Guy and made him into a straight-up nigh-unfathomable _monster._ And I LOVE it.
IVIoon (NA)
: Opinion: We should have the option to hide exact champ mastery in the loading screen.
That makes sense. I have a good mastery on one champion, but that doesn't mean I always play them well. It just means I've had a handful of good games.
: You reminded me that in J4's updated bio his mother dies at childbirth now. I think that's a woman in the refrigerator trope? https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WomenInRefrigerators
Sure is. Meanwhile Nunu's mom is Schroedingering by the fridge and a third of the roster are straight up orphans.
Ataraxas (NA)
: Forcing lore not to have and good and evil is just stupid
I think one way to help would be distinguishing actions and motives. Maybe you don't want to outright declare X champion pure "evil." But you can still recognize that they do evil things. Two good examples of this are the Apocalyptically Determined Floating Midlaners: {{champion:90}} {{champion:30}} Sure, their motives of trying to end mortal suffering aren't inherently bad. But I think we can all agree that speeding up the coming of the Void or turning people undead against their will are evil actions. And with that simple distinction, we can acknowledge the existence of good and evil AND have gray areas.
: An Unintended WH40k Influence (Maybe?) - More Daddy/Mommy Issues in League
I think J3's one of the few League parents who manages to be both a fairly decent person and alive. Well, alive for now at least. {{champion:517}}
: 1 Thing Mordekaiser's Login Theme Better Have
In the meantime, here's a (fanmade) login screen to tide you over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqrYfCx3YHo
: I much prefer misguided evil to standard good or evil. Karthus is a brilliant example of this imo. He saw so much misery and suffering when he was alive that he willingly embraced undeath to share this gift to others, viewing life as a cursed existance. Sure on the outside him killing people and raising them into death is pure evil, but when looking through his eyes he's trying to do everyone a service. Compared to Soraka for instance who only wants to heal and help people, or Shaco who just kills people, that shit's boring.
Yeah, I like that aspect of his character. Malzahar's got that same vibe too. He saw so much awful stuff he decided the best solution was an early Void apocalypse. So he's going to end the world whether people want it to end or not, but he's 100% sure that he's helping.
Quepha (NA)
: They gave him a reason to be evil, they didn't really make him less evil. And I think a major appeal of playing Veigar is his unabashed, unironic embrace of the most child-like concept of evil.
> And I think a major appeal of playing Veigar is his unabashed, unironic embrace of the most child-like concept of evil. It really is. Nothing makes me feel better upon finally getting a kill than that adorably over-the-top cackle.
Ralanr (NA)
: At least have an art class instead of emotional suppression.
And maybe don't say yes when a slave army shows up on your doorstep.
: > [{quoted}](name=Scathlocke,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0IEctYqf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T20:04:40.698+0000) > > As we've said many times - "good" and "evil" are relative, and we're not aiming for such 2-dimensional tropes anymore. From my point of view the Jedi are evil
: Hard disagree. He was the original villain. He was the ultimate evil guy. Then his story developed over two sequel movies, where he ultimately tried to atone for what he had done. Then loads more stories built out the depth. Then the prequels, etc etc. So. Was Darth Vader good or evil? Discuss.
Quepha (NA)
: When the prequels gave a look into Anakin's perspective, his status went from "Evil," to "Evil, but also stupid."
We can at least blame some of the stupid on the Jedi Order. Those guys aren't even remotely qualified to raise children.
Aphid Man (EUW)
: That's... like the worst possible example you could choose...
I guess you could argue the Fantasy Illuminati does some good things as well as bad things, but to do that you'd have to acknowledge that good and evil are more than subjective opinion. Otherwise it wouldn't matter either way.
: How about "good meaningless, evil meaningless"? Light and dark and subjective, too.
Well that's just depressing. Subjectively depressing, though.
: Riot writers, what do you have against the "usual" good guys?
I think it's an overreaction to trying to "fix" the old lore. It used to be that Demacia WAS the shining city of justice and good, while Noxus was Discount Mordor with a straight up skull-shaped hill and like one redeeming quality for every 3 citizens. People presumably complained about how boring and stereotypical that was, so Riot went "shoot dude you're right, let's fix this" but then they went too far in the other direction. Can't believe I'm agreeing with the Kinkou about anything, but the lore needs to reach some balance in between the old "light good dark bad" and the new "light bad dark good" deal.
: I’m starting to think the folk of Demacia don’t understand what magic means.
...Yeah, that kind of puts the whole "persecute mages" thing in a really weird light.
Rioter Comments
: Rek'sai skin please?
I love the reasoning behind the PROJECT one and how her lines would get progressively angrier.
Show more

NotaRobot1006

Level 65 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion