: Skin Universe Lore in 2019: Alt Fantasy, Multiverse Theory, and You
Glad to see more of you on the boards Carnival Knights :P I was that fanboy who made the Trial of the Masks thread you responded to a while back. Honestly? I love all the writing that you guys put out, mainline and alt line ones regardless. If I were to request any I'd say more Blood Moon (goes without saying, given aforementioned thread) or a Coven one. I'd also wonder if Elderwood in any way could be tied to coven perhaps...Oh, dreadnova! Dreadnova could use more content too probably! I'm also one of the ones who prefers reading out a story (short or long, doesn't matter I'll read it) over a comic, but I wouldn't say no to one. More skin lore is also always hype. I like sort of getting into the mindset of who I'm playing, and skin lore enhances that effect. On a semi-related note: Blood Moon and/or Elderwood Kindred. At least one of those needs to happen with skin lore and/or a short story. Throw them at the skin team please thanks :P
: > [{quoted}](name=inFamous Zion,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y8ktKBsw,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2019-01-17T13:30:40.061+0000) > > What people that don't play Riven or know her need to understand: > > * Mastering Riven to the point where climbing is fairly easy (up until Master) takes thousands of games. Matchups have to be learned over and over and her playstyle changes with every matchup. On top of it, Riven mains need to learn the playstyle in every scenario (for instance how to behave vs Renekton when he starts W or Q) This goes for any matchup. > > * Her cooldowns aren't low. All of her abilities before any CDR item is around 10 seconds. Yes, even E her shield. In harassing matchups Riven players often have to decide whether they want to go in with E to take that one cs before getting harassed too much and lose all cs before her E comes back again, or get all cs but end up with no hp. Her E shield is weak before any items. Her Qs and her E are dashes that need to be understood. They are her ins and outs. For instance if Riven goes all in, she will deal damage but will get too much agro from creeps as well as return damage from enemy and since Riven used her dashes, she is free to be harassed for the next 10 seconds. Therefore, Riven needs to constantly do short trades and do small amount of damage, with half of her kit being All in and half her kit being used to escape with the least damage taken. This is also a variable in every matchup, when Riven is playing vs range harass champ she usually after the game has medium or lowest damage dealt according to graph and early she is down 15 20 cs. Why? Because in early game since enemy harasses her for cs, she can't even trade, therefore Riven starts to deal damage usually out of lanning phase but even that is questionable since most of Rivens split and continue to not deal damage until enemy comes to fight her. Up until then she doesn't deal damage since she can't pick trading over csing. > > * She is very much killable, despite her having 40% cooldowns mid to late game, if Riven doesn't wait the last second before her Qs expire to Q again in order to reset them over and over, she will not have abilities in a 3,4 seconds period. For instance, if she Fast Qs into enemy, she will not have her Q for that period, but if she harasses from time to time with her Q she will always have her Q due to 40% cdr, but she will not deal damage close enough to when she goes for Fast Q combo. > > * Lethality doesn't work on her at least for now, but not due to items being hard nerfed but because everyone feels tanky for lethality to work. Therefore she usually rushes Essence R. with gives her Cd, damage and reduces her cooldowns when she activates her ult. But the risk is huge, because it is a greedy build and she is very squishy and fairly easy to be dealt with. > > * Lower elo doesn't know how to deal with Riven and usually when you see a Riven doing well in low elo, she is smurfing. Still, lower divisions don't know how Riven works nor how to deal with her which is why these kind of posts are made usually by lower elo players. Nobody in higher elo is complaining about Riven nor posts on lol boards, so don't bring up higher elos if you aren't high elo. I have yet to see a high division master/challenger player complains about Riven. > > * You mention there are 5 Riven mains in 100 challenger? Yeah one tricks that only play Riven. What about Kaisa mains in challenger, or Kassadin mains, Irelia,Jax Mains? This is another absurd information and pointless one to be added from OP. You forget Kha zix mains that constantly climb with that champion, Rengar as well, or any other. If you open OPGG to see leader you won't see many players that got 1000 games with Riven and their second champ is 10 Irelia, but you will see players that abuse constantly 2,3 same champions that are broken. Riven players play only Riven in any situation even when they dont have the upper hand and when they are countered, while there are players that constantly swap between Jax,Irelia,Akali to gain an upper hand (since we talk about toplane) . Same goes for ADCs where they abuse Lucian,Kaisa and now Vayne to get an upper hand over their enemy. > > I urge anyone that is complaining about Riven to post their OPGGs to show their rank and confirm my statement where only lower elo players complain about Riven. You will see i guarantee that a huge majority is bellow Plat (gold,silver, even some plats). Don't get annoyed with my comment because it is a fact, and if you think you can win this argument prove my statement wrong. > > Finally to add, you talk about you and your friends playing Riven and getting on a win streak, like its a miracle for you (maybe it is idk) but i can pick any champion for toplane and still be on a win streak and climb as well as anyone else. Why? Because as i already said people don't know how to deal with Riven, and you stating that you were gold, confirmed my statement. i've seen players playing Kled and skipping divisions, abusing Sion and skipping divisions, Camille etc. Doesn't matter how hard Riven is to master, unless you are dumb you can understand how her abilities work in game to make her to some degree work in low elo and win games. But you will not win against a good player every nor you can win a single game in high elo like that. Because you didn't master her. Your basic knowledge on any champ can get you out of low elo. > > end. Rivens CDs aren't long at all ..if anything they start out medium and become very short with Max CD reduction....like my boy darius start with q and e about the same CD time as rivens abilities, yet he is much more telegraphed, no mobility, no shield, and his e starts at nearly 30 secs LMFAO, so don't even talk as though riven doesn't have it good with her CDs. She has it great. Mid to late game she nearly has perma dashes, perma stuns, and perma Shields and because incredibly hard to get an opening on.
> [{quoted}](name=kingDeDeDarius,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y8ktKBsw,comment-id=00190001,timestamp=2019-01-17T17:52:36.153+0000) > > Rivens CDs aren't long at all ..if anything they start out medium and become very short with Max CD reduction....like my boy darius start with q and e about the same CD time as rivens abilities, yet he is much more telegraphed, no mobility, no shield, and his e starts at nearly 30 secs LMFAO, so don't even talk as though riven doesn't have it good with her CDs. Fellow Darius main with a Riven secondary, here to tell you why you're wrong. You're forgetting that in exchange for these weaknesses we can survive a teamfight more than half a second and win extended trades by default, two things Riven is _horrible_ at, contrary to popular belief. Not to mention we have the tools to force those extended trades. We also actually have sustain in our kit and are a large teamfighting threat. Don't act like we don't have strengths alongside our weaknesses, _nor the tools to negate those weaknesses_. Other Darius players' complaining Riven gets to build full AD like we _don't_ have several movespeed options in items, the vast majority of which are tied to those tank items we like. If we're gonna be listing weaknesses? Ok. Riven's a **sustainless squishy with shit-tier hp regen** whose early cooldowns are long, contrary to what you think. Her Q W and E at rank 1 are 13, 11, and 10 respectively (Darius Q W an E are 9, 7, and 24 by the way). Out of those, Q doesn't actually scale down with rank whatsoever so before CDR her most important ability actually is the highest CD by a good margin. It's _also_ the first ability she maxes in any matchup not named Pantheon (E max is required to survive one with more than half of a braincell), so those other two are staying high for a while too. And before you bring up W and E getting lower with CDR: They max out at 7 and 6 respectively. Darius' Q and W both drop to 5. _Even lower than hers_. Darius' E CD is high because he would be broken if it had a similar CD to his Q or W, _especially_ in the laning phase, don't even try to tell me otherwise. Her cooldowns **feel** short because dashes let her have more freedom to choose when to engage and disengage (if she uses them right. If she uses them poorly she's in for a very bad time), so a smart Riven actually tries to play around them. Play a few games of her vs competent toplaners and tell me how short those cooldowns _really_ feel then. _Just because her kit counters ours doesn't make her OP._ You don't hear the Shen, Nautilus, or Malphite players bitching about us on Darius because they know what they're getting in to. Sick of other Darius players giving us a bad name with this attitude. Learn the matchup or just ban her since _good ones_ counter us. Still regularly stomp the mediocre ones.
SCP 106 (NA)
: Riven actually needs to be talked about more, Super strong in Low elo, and High elo.
Local Carry Top main reporting in. Primarily Darius but I also play the likes of Panth, Renekton, Urgot, Illaoi, and yes even Riven. This post has no merit when you really think about it. "Her main strength is having no resource bar" buddy 90% of toplane can practically ignore their resource bar if they aren't being braindead with their abilities. When's the last time you beat a Nasus, Darius, Fiora, list goes on, because they were out of mana, or they couldn't kill you and you got away from death specifically because they ran out of mana? Panth is one of the exceptions because his kit screams "lane bully" and being forced to either poke less or back regularly is what keeps him in check. Just because you play one of like 3 champs in top that care about their mana bar doesn't make it the norm to pay attention to it. Speaking of whether or not a champ is a lane bully, if you actually _swing back_ it becomes very apparant that Riven is a squishy with _horrible_ regen and no in-kit source of healing. She's far from a lane bully if you don't just let her walk over you and do nothing about it. "I invade as much as possible when lane is pushed up" and in any reasonable elo that would get you collapsed on and murdered. I don't mean to elo shame (I'm only g4 over here), but down where we are that works because laners don't actively punish it. In any reasonable elo you're going to end up 1v2+ doing that and I can tell you from my experience, even for Riven that doesn't end well. "She can farm with abilities and clear waves in no time" yeah maybe after lane phase is over. During lane that leaves you on cooldowns and ready to get murdered. Also q starts out doing ass for damage, 90% of her lane damage **including to minions** are passive empoweres autos. Not a Riven main, just play her enough to be familiar with her kit. Open to debate.
: Lets list the funny "Year in Review" champion quotes
{{champion:122}} Forever dunking their winrate {{champion:157}} They can flame you, they can ban you. But Yasuo is still the most played champion of 2018. {{champion:92}} Flashes mastery.
Rioter Comments
Malza (NA)
: Yeah cause buying capsules which riot priced incorrectly is obviously the equivalent of robbing a bank. It's pretty pathetic than any of you are so upset at others good fortune that you care about something like this.
> [{quoted}](name=Malza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nxvqh6LW,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-12T03:49:32.022+0000) > > Yeah cause buying capsules which riot priced incorrectly is obviously the equivalent of robbing a bank. > > It's pretty pathetic than any of you are so upset at others good fortune that you care about something like this. To me it's not about anything related to value lost to Riot at this point or people being jealous of others' fortune. It's about the precedent being set that this kind of abuse won't go punished. There's a blatant moral wrong there and it's gonna leave a sour taste in a _lot_ of people's mouths.
Rioter Comments
: Update on Yesterday's Capsule Pricing Error
So let me get this straight As someone who saw this, but didn't take advantage for fear of a ban, all I get is a sense of pride for 'doing the right thing'? Meanwhile others who saw it and were greedy were essentially **rewarded** for their greediness? _That's not good enough_ Compensate those who didn't take advantage, or ban those who did. Or both. At least one of those things should happen. This is a blatant case of the system being abused and it's going to leave a sour taste in the mouth of anyone who wasn't there to be blinded by greed.
: Prestige skin complaint theory
A few things The primary complaint is people feel the skin isn't _worth_ the $80 (cheapest way to currently get the Blood Moon Aatrox equivalent), given it's essentially a glorified chroma for an epic as opposed to, say, a legendary/ultimate skin. And to address your view with the capsule pack (by which I assume you mean the gemstone one, because I'm not chucking $40 at the RNG without someone giving me $40 for the RNG): It's probably safe to assume these are only appearing _with more prestige skins_. Basically meaning either A: Not enough of them will appear (less than 5 prestiges within a year) Or, more likely B: Multiple prestiges will appear that you like enough to consider, and now that immense price tag is forcing you to choose between them and be unable to get the other through this method. This is ignoring option's C or D: The capsule (gemstone) packs stop appearing/go up in price While they're a bit of a more niche community, it could also be argued this is screwing over any completionist who isn't swimming in money. If the skins were of a noticeably higher quality, or achieveable through a non-monetary method (or at least a significantly _less_ money-requiring method, I.E. the passes they used for the first two), these complaints would probably die down considerably.
: I'm alright with "Prestige Points" IF....
Not to justify the price tag (Personally I feel it's _way_ too high), but it doesn't leave until January 31st _next year_. You have a full year to get it.
wolf jade (EUNE)
: Prestige skins
[Blatantly copy-pasted from a post on the news page.](http://prntscr.com/m5iycl/direct) That said, said post has a point. I was excited to try and get this skin through tokens from another pass. Now...Not so much.
: Hey, thanks! I’ve been a fan of the blood moon skinline for a while and jumped at the chance to write something really weird for it. I’m glad you enjoyed the style. As for stories with a similar prose, possibly but unsure. From where I’m standing they could only work with two skin universes (Blood Moon and maybe, MAYBE Event Horizon), but I’d be wary of doing another one too soon. Definitely not off the table, though!
Yoooooooooooo writer response {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}} I understand that it isn't a style that fits everything and that more of the same too soon is no good, just being a fanboy over here because I love this writing style. Especially putting it from Sivir's angle while she was undergoing her change. Assuming you're able to share said info: Was there anywhere you drew inspiration from with writing this story? Is there anything non-league relevant out there you'd recommend reading that's similar? Do _you_ have any more non-league relevant stuff available to read? (Whether in this style or not)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tormentula,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=g12m43MW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-10T05:12:44.071+0000) > > The last day to **earn** tokens was jan 8th. > > The leftover tokens will be in your hexttech until the 21st. Okay, I understand that *now*. I spent hours upon hours upon hours for weeks playing Nexus Blitz to get that skin. When I bought the snowdown pass, anything that I saw that pertained to a date regarding the event was JANUARY 21st. I literally even made a spreadsheet figuring up the missions, the days of snowdown event and how many tokens I needed to pace for the 21st to buy the skin. To say that I'm a little pissed off right now is beyond an understatement. Akali has been my favorite champion for several years, and I really wanted that skin. And I know there's no way I'm the *only* person who was misled by these dates. I'm willing to do whatever to get the skin but I feel Riot should extend the token acquisitions until the 21st, or allow us to purchase Snowdown Token Loot Bundles. It's a really crappy misunderstanding, and it's cost me A LOT of time for nothing.
I don't know how much more money you are or aren't willing to throw at Riot, but [their support team](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us) was able to help me out when I was a good 300-ish tokens short by giving me an opportunity to buy the bundles despite them being out of the shop. The event ending so suddenly left-fielded me too.
: Cant earn snowdown tokens anymore?
Send a ticket through [Riot Support](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us). They helped me out with a similar issue.
: There's _Of Rats and Cats and Neon Mice_, but that's more of a general crime drama thing than horror. But if you go to the Universe page and click "explore", it brings you to a page that has all the short stories, comics, and other stuff like that on there, so there's probably something in there that will be to your liking.
I'll give that one a glance in case, 'cause y'never know, I might like it. I've actually read a _lot_ of the short stories that Riot's put out there, but this one stands out to me for the general 'style' of how they wrote it, for lack of better words. It has that sort of lovecraftian feel of more of a menacing undertone with a twinge of insanity, building up into an entity of truly eldritch and unstoppable cruelty. That's the kind of stuff I'm a sucker for. Telling it from the angle of a person at first resisting, but being unable to stop or even ultimately _becoming_ part of the insanity just makes me want it even more.
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I'm all for it.
> [{quoted}](name=KnightsKemplar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZmpdltV0,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T19:42:33.744+0000) > > I'm all for it. Post noticed by a Herald. Riot will be crashing down my front door for more skin ideas by the end of the day, I better go prepare the barricades.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: With the amount of bitching people do, what champs DO YOU GUYS PLAY?
Roughly in order from most to least Top:{{champion:122}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:555}} {{champion:6}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:36}} {{champion:14}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:48}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:157}} {{champion:23}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:86}} {{champion:24}} Carries. I play carry tops. All the carries. You get the idea. This list will go on all day. Jungle: {{champion:36}} {{champion:19}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:11}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:141}} {{champion:48}} Mid: {{champion:91}} {{champion:55}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:105}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:30}} ADC: Dodge, or if screwing around in norms {{champion:119}} {{champion:236}} Supp: Usually dodge, otherwise {{champion:555}} {{champion:412}} Disengage champions are the bane of my existence. In particular {{champion:117}} and {{champion:43}} are the most infuriating things on the planet, but a good {{champion:40}} will tilt me too.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Karthus W - Doesn't give vision while dead/In Passive [Bug?]
Patch 8.Whatever bugfix: Thanks to a member of the boards, we have noticed Karthus' W gives vision when cast while alive. We have fixed this to match the non-vision giving dead variant. Jokes aside, hope it gets fixed for you guys.
: Just hit 1 million mastery points on Shaco, AMA
Hardest/easiest matchups for Shaco in your opinion? Regarding strictly jungle v jungle, say the laners are braindead and don't come visit you guys
Azadethe (NA)
: You haven't looked at his actual stats. 1) He has the highest BASE HP scaling in the game. 2) He is tied with the highest Armor scaling per level in the game. 3) He is #2 on the Highest Mag resist scaling in the game. He has 2470 HP in just his base, and at...... Cinderhulk and Resolve runes can get him to 3000 HP (even with his passive), because although Cinderhulk says it's Bonus HP %, to prevent it scaling recursively, is actually adding BASE HP. Pyke has an extremely good chance of existing top. No one can turret dive gank him. E ensures that. Top champs can't shut down his sustain due to limited warding either. Even if someone manages to live through his E in a turret dive, Pyke can literally just W and Circle outside of detection while the diving takes turret hits. Pyke probably won't win top lane in terms of split pushing. But he's perfectly capable of preventing it from ever losing. P.S. Malph wouldn't laugh at him. Pyke's W disengage will always allow him to break Malph's stalks, and if Malph falls below critical HP levels, (it will happen), there is almost NO WAY to prevent death from Pyke's Ult. No defense actually works against it. {{item:3071}} is also core to his kit.... so.... Malph's armor melts. Every trade except a Malph ult results in Pyke doing damage, Pyke disengaging, and Pyke healing a large portion of the damage done. If Malph is going to R, Pyke can cast E to counter it if he's fast enough.
Let's be fair here: Cinderhulk/Resolve is likely an oversight Riot plans to fix, his passive is supposed to convert _all_ hp to AD. If they publicly announce it's intentional I'll give it to you, but until then that's no ground to stand on. Base HP and armor I'll give you, but "#2 on highest mag resist scaling" is statistic manipulation: Basically he's tied with literally almost everyone but Talon, who for some reason has extra MR. This doesn't negate that Pyke isn't able to build additional HP on top of his base, which is a pretty crucial stat for 90% of toplaners. You don't need diving capabilities to win toplane. Darius has a _horrible_ dive and yet he's consistently been a strong toplaner for the majority of his existence. Toplane is won and lost by **wave and lane control**, something which Pyke is going to have difficulties with from a kit perspective: His abilities are specific enough and _his cooldowns are high enough_ that he will have to choose between using them for clear, or to deal with his lane opponent. Meanwhile the majority of toplaners are free to utilize their kit for both purposes. Malphite wasn't a specific pick, he was a generic pick out of the variety of existing tanks in the game. One trait he doesn't have that a _lot_ of toplaners _do_ have is hard cc, something well known to shut down assassins very quickly. Also account for his passive only being able to absorb a set amount of damage before it stops giving him grey health: Many toplaners have kits that will force extended trades, something assassins _hate_ if they can't kill in one rotation. Picking Pyke top is essentially the same as picking Talon top, except now if you end up behind, you have a champion with gimped capabilities of building defensively to turn it back in his favor. A toplaner that knows anything about wave control will leave that lane with twice the CS Pyke has. P.S. Cleaver is core on Pyke moreso as a statstick that _happens_ to have armorshred. His abilities are all single-hit and without attackspeed (A stat none of his core items have) he has .95 AS by level 18. I tested several combos with him to stack cleaver. Best time I could get was about five seconds, and that's on a single target. He doesn't have DoT's to keep the stacks maintained, so he'd need to constantly go in and out to maintain them without getting his head ripped off, something which his cooldowns do not support. P.S.S. to tack one more thing on here: Pyke has high mana costs and doesn't really build mana. A toplaner that forces him to constantly use his abilities (Not hard to do to a melee champ) is going to force him to back pretty quickly.
: NERF RAMMUS, IS A STUPID NO SENSE UNBALANCED CHAMP
Pika Fox (NA)
: Yeah, sure, perfect jungle kit, what with his atrocious stats for jungling and his low HP clears and im pretty sure a first time udyr will just steamroll you if they ever decide to check what youre up to.
I can't wait to see the Pyke jungles. I'm going to pick Rengar and laugh hard. Poor things won't ever make it past first clear. I imagine all the Kha/Kayn/Kindred mains feel the same way. And any other jungler with the most _remote_ counterjungling capability.
: Just look at jax, camille, aatrox, all of them have a pretty nada wave clear until they buy tiamat. Pyke have a Dash to escape and heal to himself, so he can survive top lane perfectly. I dont know why u still saying he is a support.
All three of them have perfectly fine waveclear lmao. Jax's abilities are a low enough cooldown and his Q + E make it safe, camille is a whole can of worms that I don't need to get into: I feel she's fine but the rest of the boards will be more than happy to tell you how broken she is. Aatrox is slower than both of them but still has solid clear with his E, while maintaining health with his W. Now let's look at Pyke's kit. Q has an absurd early game cooldown, and you get to choose between it being AoE but very short range (I.E. still gonna get poked out) or long range but single target, while still having an obscene enough cooldown that you won't get _nearly_ proper CS using only it. W is 100% utility. It won't benefit his waveclear outside of niche scenarios. E not only has a long cooldown, it's one of his escape/engage tools. Using it on wave is _asking_ to eat a gank or trade. I'm saying this as a toplane main: Pyke has _zero_ chance of existing top. Literally every toplaner in the game is going to outscale him: Carry tops like Riven will be one-shotting him with their combo, because he can't build HP, meanwhile tanks like Malphite will laugh at his damage because tanks vs assassins, and then proceed to auto him to death because high base damage vs incapability of building HP. He works as a support because he can reasonably save his abilities to use their utility when the time is right: Solo laning will leave him stuck between using it to _try_ to CS, and using it to survive the lane opponent. Either way he's screwing himself.
: Every champ with tiamat have good wave clear, there is no excuses.
You expect him to survive those lanes long enough to get Tiamat. You're funny. Midlane pokes hard enough that his passive won't save him, and like I said: Literally _every_ toplaner outscales him in a 1v1.
Altiverse (EUNE)
: ##Pyke: * Currently some HP-increasing effects such as Grasp, Overgrowth, Cinderhulk and Stoneplate active seem to give him HP that isn't converted to AD. Is this intended? * If not, how will Stoneplate's active interact with him? [I made a discussion earlier](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/pyrEeIYq-how-will-pyke-interact-with-stoneplate-and-why-its-important) regarding this, in more detail. * Considering you want to push Pyke into Support, atleast as his primary role, isn't it a bad idea to make his ult be so heavily reliant on his level (since it has a per-level scaling damage/execution threshold)? Supports usually are the lowest level on a team; having him on any role other than a support will make his ult much more effective, the way it currently works. ##Miscellaneous: * Banner of Command's new effect seem to be much stronger on Siege Minions than other options. Do you think it's a good idea to make it in a way that using it on a Siege Minion will always be the best choice? Perhaps giving some more, specialized effects per minion type rather than "stats buff" is the way to go. * Both Stormrazor and Essence Reaver might prove too strong as rush items, considering their base stats alone cover their price gold-efficiency wise. Shouldn't a bit higher of a price be a better idea (with stronger passives, if need be)?
> [{quoted}](name=Altiverse,realm=EUNE,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=teIymOoE,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-05-16T21:57:23.193+0000) > > ##Pyke: > > * Considering you want to push Pyke into Support, atleast as his primary role, isn't it a bad idea to make his ult be so heavily reliant on his level (since it has a per-level scaling damage/execution threshold)? Supports usually are the lowest level on a team; having him on any role other than a support will make his ult much more effective, the way it currently works. I imagine this is actually part of how they're balancing him. I glanced at his numbers and his ult does damage comparable to a 5stacked Darius ult at all levels, assuming he's keeping up in items.
: Can you stop please, pyke is not a support
But consider this: As non-traditional as it is, Pykes kit fits the all-in support niche. Basic support triangle is all-in > poke > tanky/anti-engage > all-in. Pyke fits this perfectly. Being an assassin, tanks and anti-engage naturally counter him, that tidbit is a no-brainer. His passive combined with relic shield should mitigate most of the damage of a poke lane, letting him exist vs it. Poke lanes are also very squishy, which makes his all-in a very real threat. He's also probably going to be roam-happy. I imagine the enemy mid will see him as essentially a second jungler. That said, Pyke cannot solo lane: His waveclear is atrocious (meaning he'll be under tower all game in midlane, if he can even survive it) and his inability to build HP means in a 1v1 he gets outscaled _hard_ by every toplaner. Literally all of them. You may not want him to be a support just because he isn't a "traditional" support, but a support he is.
: Why Are Riven And Rumble's Shields Much Worse Than Most Other Shields?
Riven's shield is attached to a dash on an already-mobile champ, and is lesso to survive teamfights and moreso to mitigate lanepoke. I can promise you as someone who secondary's her that if you're going to buff Riven, the shield is not where to do it. If the shield was stronger it would be _very_ difficult to shove me out of lane.
: "Pyke can't be a support!"
As non-traditional a support as Pyke is, he still fits into the niche of all-in support. My understanding of the triangle support-wise is: all-in > poke > tanky/anti-engage > all-in Pyke is an assassin. This naturally means tank and anti-engage screw him over. As an all-in support, he continues to lose the tanky/anti-engage botlane matchup. Pyke's passive gives him damage mitigation vs poke, which on top of relic shield will likely make it pretty easy for him to survive poke lanes. Combine this with most poke champions being squishy and that all-in becomes very dangerous. He's non-traditional, but he still follows the rules of his role. Also as a prediction: Midlaners will despise him. Not because he'll be strong mid, but because his roaming and ganking potential is ridiculous. As far as the enemy midlaner is concerned, the good Pykes are basically a second jungler to watch out for.
: > [{quoted}](name=Noxian Pride,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fXm1fUdw,comment-id=001d00000000,timestamp=2018-04-10T22:24:04.504+0000) > > I feel like this is bait/trollposting tbh, but I'll bite anyway. > > > Redemption, a 2100 gold item, is expensive? > > Huh. > No kidding. > > {{item:3071}} I suppose {{item:3812}} my favorite champions {{item:3742}} have some {{item:3074}} pretty cheap {{item:3053}} items to choose from {{item:3083}} in comparison {{item:3800}} Right? {{item:3065}} Oh yes. {{item:3078}} **Definitely.** {{item:3143}} How {{item:3068}} very {{item:3075}} silly {{item:3001}} of me. > > Your items {{item:3060}} are just all {{item:3190}} oh {{item:3222}} so {{item:2065}} very {{item:3306}} expensive {{item:3050}} in {{item:3174}} comparison {{item:3109}} to ours. Are you being silly? > [{quoted}](name=Banbutsu Sozo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fXm1fUdw,comment-id=001d0000,timestamp=2018-04-10T11:03:24.416+0000) > > Stop talking bs. > > Not a chance in hell Janna's shield covering anywhere near that much. > > In the laning phase it can be used to deny (some) poke. > > Later it scales no where near as much as you say unless you build full AP and complete that build, which hardly any Janna does unless there are no [good] assassins on the enemy team to onstagib her. (And you deserve it if you pick kitable melee champs in each role.) > > **If she builds full AP**, she'll be missing resistances and she'll miss out on some utility like perhaps a redemption, which is a v good item on her. **It's also v expensive** so she'll need to scale or be allowed to scale into late game.
Not gonna lie, I somehow overlooked that detail, so I'll take the hit on that. That said...If you're planning to play a full AP as support, why not just brand/veigar/zyra?
: > [{quoted}](name=Mezo,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fXm1fUdw,comment-id=001d,timestamp=2018-04-09T20:25:22.702+0000) > > What should i do against Cait with Janna's shield recovering 50% of caitlyn's HP ? > even u can't engage on Janna because her Q and R ! > Riot must reward the high difficulty champions especially in support role .. but Janna TAKES NO SKILL and she's in the meta over 1 year now .. > here is some ideas to balance Janna : > 1- make her shield goes on cooldown after the shield disappear not after using the shield "nerf" > 2- Remove the slow from her W instead of taking 5 damage from her W LUL "nerf" > 3- Remove the cdr from Forbidden Idol "nerf" > 4- give her some stats to help her early game "buff" > and i know this will be a big nerf so u can buff her slightly after this. Stop talking bs. Not a chance in hell Janna's shield covering anywhere near that much. In the laning phase it can be used to deny (some) poke. Later it scales no where near as much as you say unless you build full AP and complete that build, which hardly any Janna does unless there are no [good] assassins on the enemy team to onstagib her. (And you deserve it if you pick kitable melee champs in each role.) If she builds full AP, she'll be missing resistances and she'll miss out on some utility like perhaps a redemption, which is a v good item on her. It's also v expensive so she'll need to scale or be allowed to scale into late game.
> [{quoted}](name=Banbutsu Sozo,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fXm1fUdw,comment-id=001d0000,timestamp=2018-04-10T11:03:24.416+0000) > > ...Stop talking bs... > > If she builds full AP, she'll be missing resistances and she'll miss out on some utility like perhaps a redemption, which is a v good item on her. **_It's also v expensive_** so she'll need to scale or be allowed to scale into late game. I feel like this is bait/trollposting tbh, but I'll bite anyway. Redemption, a 2100 gold item, is expensive? Huh. No kidding. {{item:3071}} I suppose {{item:3812}} my favorite champions {{item:3742}} have some {{item:3074}} pretty cheap {{item:3053}} items to choose from {{item:3083}} in comparison {{item:3800}} Right? {{item:3065}} Oh yes. {{item:3078}} **Definitely.** {{item:3143}} How {{item:3068}} very {{item:3075}} silly {{item:3001}} of me. Your items {{item:3060}} are just all {{item:3190}} oh {{item:3222}} so {{item:2065}} very {{item:3306}} expensive {{item:3050}} in {{item:3174}} comparison {{item:3109}} to ours.
: Looked into this, found what seems to be the fix. This should clean up some similar funkiness his W sometimes had against towers, inhibitors, and wards as well. The fix should show up on PBE tomorrow or Monday.
May the plays be ever in your favor. I'm so happy this is finally being dealt with. I've heard this happens with specifically Yorick's wall on other auto-reset champions, though admittedly I don't know which off the top of my head. Looking at Yorick's wall may still be on the table.
: This has been ignored for too long, and bug reports don't seem to matter to riot
It's not just Yorick's wall anymore. https://youtu.be/RfLmRK5kIbg The bug has advanced. This is a serious issue. Can we please get a redpost here? I want my champ back.
: Aww, poor Darius actually loses some melee matchups? How sad.
When a champion whose kit is by-definition supposed to be a tank slayer, loses against every remotely relevant tank in-lane, the point of the game tanks are supposed to be at their weakest, there's a problem with either the champ or the tanks. Pick your favorite.
Rioter Comments
: Fiddlesticks Rework Concept: Are you afraid?
As an ex-fiddlesticks main, this idea actually sounds relatively original and refreshing. It'd probably get me playing him again, I like it.
Limrick (NA)
: I occasionally play him, but I suck at jungle in general. I do however, play against him, almost every game. I play immobile champs, there is nothing I can do to stop WW from killing me 90% of the time. Slows barely affect him when he he 600 MS to begin with, his ult ignores my CC, and he has enough damage to burst down squishies almost instantly. He has next to no counterplay besides standing behind tanks and peeling him off in teamfights. In a gank situation, he will slaughter any immobile champ easily unless he's outnumbered or behind. Yeah, I'm probably biased, I play slow immobile mages, but WW is bullshit to play against as a slow, immobile mage.
> [{quoted}](name=Limrick,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8kGu09sU,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000030000,timestamp=2018-02-01T16:32:56.829+0000) > >...I play immobile champs, there is nothing I can do to stop WW from killing me 90% of the time... > >...Yeah, I'm probably biased, I play slow immobile mages, but WW is bullshit to play against as a slow, immobile mage. I want to assure you I mean no disrespect when I say this, but...When the champ pool you play is countered by a particular design, you really don't have a lot of room to complain about it. As a Darius player I absolutely despise Gnar and Riven matchups (Riven has nearly a 55% winrate vs the dunkman according to OP.GG), but I wouldn't go around calling for their heads over it, because I recognize there's other matchups they don't do well into. Similarly, whenever I play Riven I tend to come across a lot of Garens, Singeds, Fiora's, and Renektons. Yeah I recognize the match is going to be hell for me, but that's just the matchup. As much as she shits on Darius, the above four champions make her have a bad day. Regarding said WW matchups, OP.GG suggests Kindred, Skarner, Nunu, Shyvana, Shaco, and Jarvan are all good into him, with each sporting a 52-54% winrate against him. To bring another site into it, Champions.gg suggests Mundo, Trundle, Skarner (again), Maokai, and Nunu (again). Given Skarner/Nunu were mentioned on two different sites, it's probably safe to assume those two have at least _some_ merit as picks against him, even if they aren't the most prominently strong generic-safepick junglers, and my personal experience would vouch for Kindred, Trundle, and Mundo working excellently into Warwick. I used to one-trick Darius. Then I got sick of counterpicks. Expand your champ pool friend, it helps in the long run.
: Swain is missing some Birbs imo.
Birb Man needs his birbs </3
Poske (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=It Hertz When IP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=shMaQ12b,comment-id=0001000000010002,timestamp=2018-01-21T20:07:38.305+0000) > > &quot;CAMILLE HAS NO COUNTERPLAY&quot; > > &quot;What do you mean?&quot; > > &quot;YOU&#x27;RE TOO DUMB TO UNDERSTAND.&quot; > > ...generally not the direction you want if you&#x27;re looking to communicate anything. I linked somewhere in this thread how she has no counterplay didnt I? Check that link all is explained Dont feel like writing all that again Oh and since then Even saw a dumb hexflash jump interaction
Actually you didn't link it, you just stated it. And while admittedly I'm personally not super familiar with the Camille matchup, I plan on asking around, and I'm fairly confident I will get results when asking other toplaners about dealing with Camille.
: An excellently worded, level headed argument support by facts. Incredible job, this is what we need way more of on the boards. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone on the riot live balance team will be doing much about ADCs (as most of the live balance team mains botlane) but this definitely deserves some upvotes so it can be seen. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Appreciated {{sticker:katarina-love}}
: You've forced me out of my role, Riot
Darius main here, we don't do damage anymore either. We consistently lose _extended trades_ with tanks. Like, post-5-stacks-they're-still-fighting-for-some-godforsaken-reason, extended trades.
: We desperately need the {{champion:58}} bar back. This is when top was at its best.
Honestly, as much as I hate fighting the croc on any champ that isn't Darius, you may be on to something. At least toplane didn't feel like Counterpick: The Game, when croc was the bar.
: ok, well maybe you need a better safe pick, mine is Urgot, range tanky, I can farm, survive. counter picking is part of the game doesn't make this game tick tack toe
If you look over at midlane, Kassadin and Diana are both considered counterpicks to Katarina. The difference between midlane and toplane is _Katarina is still capable of farming against these champions._ The dynamics of the different lanes make counterpicks a _lot_ more noticeable in toplane. The majority of toplane picks aren't able to be considered a safe pick unless they're capable of functioning from behind or easily escape ganks (which still doesn't stop them from dying to the enemy laner). For our lane, it _is_ basically tic tac toe. In another lane, if you get counterpicked, you have to play somewhat safe and just farm up. In toplane, if you get counterpicked, every CS is a chunk of your HP, a risk of getting dove, a death. This is the reality of toplane. Getting counterpicked toplane means your lane phase (and some time after) is going to be bad enough that you don't even want to play the game out, regardless of how your other lanes are doing. I'm finding myself actually hoping I pick _second_, because I'd rather the enemy laner take my champ from me so I can counterpick him, rather than get counterpicked myself for playing what I like. No other lane has that dynamic and I feel like it really shows via toplane becoming the least queue'd for role: It's just not fun to deal with that kind of lane.
Poske (EUNE)
: I agree that riven is good because she is broken if mastered Fiora got her nerf basicly reverted + its tank meta aka fiora is good Cammile has no counterplay. She doesnt even keed a keystone she still has no counterplay and they made her even have less counterplay with latest buff which I didnt think was possible #The fact that cammile offers no counterplay wont be obvious to majority. But I recently made a post about this everyone was enlighted I made countless threads complaining about toplane and bruiser situation I am on the OP side his examples and thoughts on how to fix situation are incorrect hwoever
To reiterate once more: For Riven, this is about specifically _bruiser_ Riven, whom is doing poorly. I acknowledged that Assassin Riven is doing well, and have personally experienced such as someone who also plays Riven. Fiora's nerf getting reverted was necessary because she got said nerf at the same time as Bramble Vests' release, which absolutely crippled her. Vest doesn't stop her from existing, but it does keep her far more in check than she was in previous seasons. All you've done is disagree with me, despite saying you are on my side. You're more than welcome to present your own views, it's an open forum.
Show more

Noxian Pride

Level 177 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion