: > [{quoted}](name=Odyssey Sona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tssqE8L,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:46:32.313+0000) > > In my thread about how I can't do my job about reporting griefing players, you cherry picked what I said -- literally took out half of the sentence that provides context that they are griefing -- and defended the griefing player as "it's a strategy" > > That's a very weird hill to die on my dude. > > Did I say I had a problem with them warding? I said I had a problem with them griefing and avoiding afk detection. Chill I just wanted to make sure you didn't think that deep warding was trolling. Calm down
> [{quoted}](name=Magnesium14,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tssqE8L,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:52:44.766+0000) > > Chill > I just wanted to make sure you didn't think that deep warding was trolling. > Calm down Sorry I went off on you but I find you disregarding 90% of my post as distasteful and offensive. You could have avoided this by reading my whole post.
: > [{quoted}](name=Odyssey Sona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tssqE8L,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:41:39.084+0000) > > I don't think warding double turret and nexus, while flashing over the wall to do it and then getting killed by their enemy team, and literally refusing to group up while they take any objective because they're in enemy jungle 1 v 0 or 1 v 1 and dying every time they encounter someone is a tactic but I guess I might not know any better > > Also I had to reread what I wrote. You literally cropped out the "Avoiding AFK detection" bit. Nice LOL Im not defending the player. In this case yes the players are trolling. I'm just saying as a player whenever I get punished for deep warding my team goes "tRolL pLeAsE rEpOrT" despite being like 0/100. Just saying.
> [{quoted}](name=Magnesium14,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tssqE8L,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:44:29.454+0000) > > Im not defending the player. > In this case yes the players are trolling. > I'm just saying as a player whenever I get punished for deep warding my team goes "tRolL pLeAsE rEpOrT" despite being like 0/100. > Just saying. In my thread about how I can't do my job about reporting griefing players, you cherry picked what I said -- literally took out half of the sentence that provides context that they are griefing -- and defended the griefing player as "it's a strategy" That's a very weird hill to die on my dude. Did I say I had a problem with them warding? I said I had a problem with them griefing and avoiding afk detection.
: The best way to report someone is post game because then it goes directly into the system. You even have to acknowledge this when you send a report via a ticket.
> [{quoted}](name=4 Step Cadence,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tssqE8L,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:42:54.646+0000) > > The best way to report someone is post game because then it goes directly into the system. You even have to acknowledge this when you send a report via a ticket. Have you never encountered someone so toxic you wanted to report them twice? I wish I was that lucky.
: "report players running into enemy jungle placing wards" That's not necessarily trolling, their a tactic called deep warding which is pretty much that.
> [{quoted}](name=Magnesium14,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=6tssqE8L,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-29T22:35:35.405+0000) > > "report players running into enemy jungle placing wards" > > That's not necessarily trolling, their a tactic called deep warding which is pretty much that. I don't think warding double turret and nexus, while flashing over the wall to do it and then getting killed by their enemy team, and literally refusing to group up while they take any objective because they're in enemy jungle 1 v 0 or 1 v 1 and dying every time they encounter someone is a tactic but I guess I might not know any better Also I had to reread what I wrote. You literally cropped out the "Avoiding AFK detection" bit. Nice LOL
: Hey Can a Rioter reply to this?
Do I send in a ticket for this? Like what do I do?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Champion question
Probably Shen simply because he has a global ult. You have a lot of presence with your ult and teleport. You can literally split push the whole game and be there almost immediately with a shield and TPing to an ally instead of a ward. Allies move so they'll be able to position you better into a fight by running in with your shield. And if you're split pushing with titanic and sunfire cape then they literally have to send people to stop you because you'll shred waves.
Rioter Comments
Leufaya (OCE)
: PURIFIED Star Guardian Xayah and Rakan [Ctrl+5 Suggestion]
Hi I'm going to cross post this on reddit for you so it'll actually be taken seriously. I'll credit you and your thread. I love the skins a lot already but I love your interpretation more.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: does stealing cs as an ap carry support count?
> [{quoted}](name=rito are scambgs,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=beqWHrTu,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-03T05:05:25.310+0000) > > does stealing cs as an ap carry support count? Did you win
: What's the most evil thing you've done to win a game?
This is literally the most tame shit. None of this is evil.
Rioter Comments
: > If you're building towards something it's less likely that you'll see it. I can go a whole game seeing two garens while trying to build nobles. Champions are drawn from a shared pool, there is nothing random about it. Nobles spam is popular, a bunch of people are likely hoarding garen in the first couple rounds. Out of every possible influence, MMR makes zero sense. Why would that be used to determine rarity of rolls?
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8meZJE1Y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-03T00:58:39.532+0000) > > Champions are drawn from a shared pool, there is nothing random about it. > > Nobles spam is popular, a bunch of people are likely hoarding garen in the first couple rounds. > > Out of every possible influence, MMR makes zero sense. Why would that be used to determine rarity of rolls? I'm usually the only one trying to build something usually. If I'm building nobles no one else is. I ended up getting Kayle way before I got Leona, and Leona was the last one I needed. That was the only time I built nobles, and no one was building guardians or nobles that game. Edit: Not rarity, but completion. If you're one away from getting 6 nobles or 6 of anything else it's usually a lot harder to get from what I've seen. I feel like there's a base RNG weight, how likely you'll be to get something of a similar comp. Your MMR might determine how often you see things of a similar comp.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Odyssey Sona,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ceef0Voi,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-05-17T00:01:00.351+0000) > > If the game is still going no matter what the score is, it's literally against the summoner's code to give up because you want to get to your next game faster. So it doesn't matter how often those come from behind victories happen, you're literally breaking the summoner's code. > > Sounds like you rq games and got butt mad someone called you out. I only hope the leaver buster does you in. Welp guess Im breaking the summoners code :) I don't need blue moon games to pad wr.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ceef0Voi,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2019-05-17T01:20:03.264+0000) > > Welp guess Im breaking the summoners code :) I don't need blue moon games to pad wr. You know breaking the summoners code will literally get you banned if you do it often and bad enough, right?
: > Winning games while you're losing takes some actual skill I've had plenty of games I've "won" where I wanted to just rage quit or ff out and instead went through with the full 50 minuet match. Doesn't mean I had fun proving my "skill" in waiting for the enemy team to make enough mistakes for us to just end the game.
> [{quoted}](name=michaelo0,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ceef0Voi,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-05-17T00:15:52.195+0000) > > I've had plenty of games I've "won" where I wanted to just rage quit or ff out and instead went through with the full 50 minuet match. Doesn't mean I had fun proving my "skill" in waiting for the enemy team to make enough mistakes for us to just end the game. I didn't say it's fun, I just said it's hard and takes skill.
: Depends on what you classify as RQ. does someone being held hostage in a 3-25 game count? People need to realize when games are over and to go next imo. Korean soloQ from what I have seen has this down pretty well and often don't pretend to win the unwinnable. And im sure someone is going to say "but atchualllyyyy, I remember this one game 5 months ago where we were losing that bad but won!". Good for you, you won a SINGLE game like that compared to the other 100 like that in which you lost... 1% win odds = go next. If you need every 1% to climb your probably already being demoted so it doesn't matter anyway.
> [{quoted}](name=I Play This Game,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ceef0Voi,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-05-15T13:06:02.994+0000) > > Depends on what you classify as RQ. does someone being held hostage in a 3-25 game count? People need to realize when games are over and to go next imo. Korean soloQ from what I have seen has this down pretty well and often don't pretend to win the unwinnable. > > And im sure someone is going to say "but atchualllyyyy, I remember this one game 5 months ago where we were losing that bad but won!". Good for you, you won a SINGLE game like that compared to the other 100 like that in which you lost... 1% win odds = go next. If you need every 1% to climb your probably already being demoted so it doesn't matter anyway. If the game is still going no matter what the score is, it's literally against the summoner's code to give up because you want to get to your next game faster. So it doesn't matter how often those come from behind victories happen, you're literally breaking the summoner's code. Sounds like you rq games and got butt mad someone called you out. I only hope the leaver buster does you in.
: When is the next Noxian champion?
We got Kled not that long ago so probably not for a while
: They don't truly think they are good if they RQ. If they thought they were good they would have the confidence to attempt a comeback
> [{quoted}](name=VanTurino,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ceef0Voi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-14T23:55:58.362+0000) > > They don't truly think they are good if they RQ. If they thought they were good they would have the confidence to attempt a comeback They literally think they're too good to finish the game.
Rioter Comments
: Only play these champs?
Not sure what your ELO is but the easiest way to climb up to at least gold would be to play big engage characters like Amumu Malphite etc. If you're skilled enough to know when to go in, then you'll win a majority of your games. Everyone in every rank knows to go in when they see an Amumu or Malphite ult. So big ult champions for each roll would be: Top: Malphite Ornn Jungle: J4 Amumu Mid: Annie Ori Neeko ADC: Ashe Varus Support: Sona Nami Morg Thresh Some notable single target engagers are Lux with a good combo, Liss, Syndra. It's a lot of mages that can just delete one person and make a whole fight a 4 v 5. Throw Zoe in there too.
Rioter Comments
: PC build for League, need some feedback before purchase
You don't need a thousand dollars to run League
Ceiling (NA)
: I don’t agree with how riot plans to reset positional rank
I also disagree. I played all roles too, and sucked and my win rate is like 20 to 40 or worse right now, so I should be moved down or something? Also for some reason I'm gold 2 in all roles and my MMR is great despite unintentionally inting every game because I'm bad on my off roles.
: Prestige point skins are available for the entire year
> [{quoted}](name=Wilk Łucznik,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=KqiiXlIw,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-03-09T20:12:25.434+0000) > > Prestige point skins are available for the entire year This is besides the point. There is no incentive to buy boxes right now with the launch of prestige Ahri, and in general the loot boxes are worse. When people like something and they want it a lot they typically go out of their way to get it right away, and the fact that there's no incentive right now on one of the most popular characters is straight predatory. A majority of people who are aiming for prestige Ahri aren't going to wait, and they're getting scammed because let's face it -- the masterwork chests suck.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Rollback is a terrible solution that would cause an even bigger shitstorm because unlike the cosmetics, it actually does effect other players. And there's not much point wasting resources to bugfix a kit that's going to be deleted from the game. Especially when non Morde players probably encounter him less than a weekly basis.
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=220hXG4o,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-15T01:42:25.337+0000) > > Rollback is a terrible solution that would cause an even bigger shitstorm because unlike the cosmetics, it actually does effect other players. > > And there's not much point wasting resources to bugfix a kit that's going to be deleted from the game. Especially when non Morde players probably encounter him less than a weekly basis. Garena rolled back transactions and nothing else
Rioter Comments
: Why Be Toxic?
I had a lot of premature quitters who didn't take ranked seriously in the pre season. I tried to convince them not to run it down mid/only split push/grief in general politely. Today I snapped and told a guy to shut the fuck up and play after he went 0/6/0 in mid and said ff15. It was one step away from opening mid and going straight afk. Was I proud of it? No? Did they shut up and play? Yes and we won, and I asked if they learned their lesson in post team chat to bring the point home. They called me delusional (which is what they called me after I told them that the game is winnable and to shut up and play) I reported them and moved on.
Tomoe Gozen (EUNE)
: >Riot could have done the work, should have done the work, and instead went "it's super complicated, so we're just gonna be lazy and do nothing". Apparently, you don't understand the scope of the work to look into every player's Loot history (who bought Capsules for BE), especially when absolutely no one has just bought massive amounts of them and merely sat on that pile, admiring the number and weight. And since you don't know how much work this would take, your argument comes off as ignorant in the least. "Well, if i can think of a solution and it seems reasonable to me, it must not be that hard to do, right?" argument doesn't fly here. Secondly, it's due to Riot's mistake that this happened and people who took the opportunity (again, a very, very small percentage of players), the absolutely easiest solution to this problem would be to just ban those accounts. But why punish the players for Riot's oversight? That would be stupid and unprofessional - much like Bethesda is doing with their now hacked Dev Room and them suspending those accounts until those players provide them the exact steps they took to get into the room in the first place. But i digress... Not a single skin on any account can be traded in League. Which means that even if those specific players walked away with potentially thousands of dollars of skins, it's the equivalent of Monopoly money as a valid real world currency. They are the only ones who get to "enjoy" the loot and even then, it's not free skins because it's all in shards. Shards that you have to pay for in OE to activate and considering the RNG of chests, i'd say not even 1/20th of what they got is even used up on their accounts. Much of it is in OE instead. Instead of a "HURR DURR" reaction, try to be reasonable and think about the REALLITY of the situation. Go on PBE and buy a shit ton of Capsules, open all those up and tally it in Google Sheets to see how much actual shards you got, that you yourself find usable (because of the content you truly want).
> [{quoted}](name=Tomoe Gozen,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pknNw3oT,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-14T23:35:42.604+0000) > > Apparently, you don't understand the scope of the work to look into every player's Loot history (who bought Capsules for BE), especially when absolutely no one has just bought massive amounts of them and merely sat on that pile, admiring the number and weight. And since you don't know how much work this would take, your argument comes off as ignorant in the least. > > "Well, if i can think of a solution and it seems reasonable to me, it must not be that hard to do, right?" argument doesn't fly here. > > Secondly, it's due to Riot's mistake that this happened and people who took the opportunity (again, a very, very small percentage of players), the absolutely easiest solution to this problem would be to just ban those accounts. But why punish the players for Riot's oversight? That would be stupid and unprofessional - much like Bethesda is doing with their now hacked Dev Room and them suspending those accounts until those players provide them the exact steps they took to get into the room in the first place. > > But i digress... > Not a single skin on any account can be traded in League. > Which means that even if those specific players walked away with potentially thousands of dollars of skins, it's the equivalent of Monopoly money as a valid real world currency. They are the only ones who get to "enjoy" the loot and even then, it's not free skins because it's all in shards. Shards that you have to pay for in OE to activate and considering the RNG of chests, i'd say not even 1/20th of what they got is even used up on their accounts. Much of it is in OE instead. > > Instead of a "HURR DURR" reaction, try to be reasonable and think about the REALLITY of the situation. Go on PBE and buy a shit ton of Capsules, open all those up and tally it in Google Sheets to see how much actual shards you got, that you yourself find usable (because of the content you truly want). You do realize you're arguing that it's too much work to revert the changes on a thread about how a larger region than NA reverted those changes? If you read the comments they actually said it only took them 20 minutes to fix the issue. Did you -- like get some free bloodmoon capsules and you really want to keep them? You literally have no ground to stand on. Riot said it couldn't be done because there were too many transactions. A bigger region proved it could be done swiftly and efficiently.
Rioter Comments
: >Instead of Riot working with the staff they have, they hire the amount of staff they'd need to roll back everything individually over the course of one month. That's impossibly cost inefficient. They'd have to hire people, train them in League's coding (could take months), then revert it back... And that entire time they'd have to not fuck up and revert too much. It's technically possible, yes. It's not feasible, however. It's better for everyone to just move on from it.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3zhp6r1n,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-13T04:27:36.841+0000) > > That's impossibly cost inefficient. They'd have to hire people, train them in League's coding (could take months), then revert it back... > > And that entire time they'd have to not fuck up and revert too much. > > It's technically possible, yes. It's not feasible, however. It's better for everyone to just move on from it. Then everyone should be compensated just like in literally any other game. It is very simple.
: have you actually looked up videos on how some of the champs were back in the day? we are better off in some cases now than then
> [{quoted}](name=MordridtheBlack,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3zhp6r1n,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-13T04:20:38.199+0000) > > have you actually looked up videos on how some of the champs were back in the day? > > we are better off in some cases now than then What does this have to do with capsules or bug abuse?
rujitra (NA)
: Why should they punish players who did nothing wrong for Riot's mistake?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3zhp6r1n,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-13T04:15:20.219+0000) > > Why should they punish players who did nothing wrong for Riot's mistake? Why are you trying to justify bug abuse? In general bug abusers are punished for abusing bugs. Everyone knew 1 BE capsules were not an intended feature, so they bought as much as they could while it lasted because they knew it wasn't supposed to last. They punished drop hackers, so why don't they punish thieves?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Is Nidalee worth picking up?
Nidalee is extremely difficult, that's why the average Nidalee player is Gold 4. Stats can be found here: https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/champions/main-stats She's basically not viable in the mid lane anymore, but I'm sure it won't matter below diamond, so play what you want. Her playstyle of jungling is denying the enemy their farm by sheer force. She kills camps extremely quickly, and she isn't really known for her sick ganks. I hope that gives you enough information on whether or not you should play her based on your own strengths and weaknesses.
: Top - Darius Jungle- Graves Mid-Talon Bot-Lucian Support- Morg/ZIl
> [{quoted}](name=Träumerei,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEnwa0BE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-16T03:34:20.731+0000) > > Top - Darius > Jungle- Graves > Mid-Talon > Bot-Lucian > Support- Morg/ZIl I'd suggest only banning morg if you're split on support bans. There's like 6 Zilean players on the whole server, so it's a wasted ban.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Do you get placed in silver 5 if you win all your placement games or something?
I have literally no idea how you came to any of these estimates at all. If you win all 10 games on a fresh account, you get placed into formerly P5 so I guess you'd get placed into P4 if you 10-0 your placements the first time. Like where did you get any of this information
: > [{quoted}](name=CIefabIe,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pOAKmoIe,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-06T16:20:21.174+0000) > > As someone who accidentally got some accidental vague spoilers from a Rioter at Pax West this year -- this isn't on track at all for the next Star Guardian event. Cool idea though! https://ak3.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/3579473/thumb/3.jpg https://food.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2014/8/22/0/WU0813_Chili-Beans_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1412801974398.jpeg
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pOAKmoIe,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-12-06T22:04:23.724+0000) > > https://ak3.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/3579473/thumb/3.jpg > https://food.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2014/8/22/0/WU0813_Chili-Beans_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1412801974398.jpeg I asked who Ahri's first love was based on her sound clips, and the Rioter said we'll find out next Star Guardian event. Sorry this is super late, but that's all I know. Things are subject to change, so it might not be about that at all, but maybe it was at the time. Ahri talks about her old team a lot, so I think that's what she meant.
: So let me understand here. Your friend has all of the skins that the shop is able to sell him (which is anything 1350 and below, excluding skins released in the past 3 months as per the rules of the shop), so he can't buy skins at a discount. When he already owns all of the skins. So you're telling me your friend has bought all the things and so can't buy things at a discount because all the things have been bought? How is it punishment from a shop you've literally bought out that they can't sell you anything else?
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bi6GAEVz,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-06T16:38:46.919+0000) > > So let me understand here. > Your friend has all of the skins that the shop is able to sell him (which is anything 1350 and below, excluding skins released in the past 3 months as per the rules of the shop), so he can't buy skins at a discount. When he already owns all of the skins. > > So you're telling me your friend has bought all the things and so can't buy things at a discount because all the things have been bought? How is it punishment from a shop you've literally bought out that they can't sell you anything else? No, he didn't get a shop at all. He owns like 200 of the 867 skins available. I don't think this is fair at all.
: That awkward moment when you get punished for being a long time Riot Games supporter
This isn't my screen shot. Someone I know doesn't get their snowdown shop because they own a lot of skins. He has 200 skins, but basically because of this, he doesn't get a snowdown shop at all. The bot says it's bamboozled and basically says tough luck. Or contact player support if you DON'T have a lot of skins. I don't know why it isn't embedding but whatever.
Show more

Odyssey Sona

Level 117 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion