Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Something along the lines of 'pick your stat of choice' or 'pick a primary stat you get some of and a secondary stat you get less of'. Still figuring out details.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=H9b9Ekqw,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-08-08T16:40:06.475+0000) > > Something along the lines of 'pick your stat of choice' or 'pick a primary stat you get some of and a secondary stat you get less of'. Still figuring out details. i dont get why u suck at balancing so hard, so let me get this straight the things we been complaining about for...well...since u changed em....took you how long exactly of us screaming at you that its bad before you even consider it for your backwards buffs? lemme extend an olive branch.... backwards buffs=damage to high? better nerf electro.....buuuuuuuut since we are nerfing it we gonna buff these people to compensate...... wasnt the nerf suppose to be to damage to begin with? why take -10 from electro then add 10 to the specific champion? why not tone all the damage down? actually i know, its to much work considering u spent the last 2 years raising all the damage so you cant do it in one swing so it wont happen..... starting to reconsider the whole dont have to play the game to balance it? or are we still in delusion land where damage nerfs are nerfs to damage that are immediately followed by damage buffs? i dont think you know how changing stuff works, if you want the damage to go down.....you put the damage down.......without buffing them up and if your concerned with "well this champ wont do enough damage, or this champ isnt tanky enough" then well, maybe you shouldnt have taken a strat game and make it into a fps shooter where people die in one second and you wouldnt have this problem be this big but like wow like league, with you at the helm its been and is continuing to head......right down the shitter keep up the horrible work meddler, from unranked to pros alike, your balancing is crap....dont take my word for it, look at any pro about balance in the last 2 years and tell me if it got better or worse dont hate me when you find the answer, they said it not me, i just told you to look
: I feel unit collision doesn't get enough discussion
minions got way worse when they did the minion update to stop people from freezing the first wave so easy by walking into the bush now the minions have seemed to redirect their aggro to try to make the waves semi equal (they didnt always used to do this and instead when by the chain of command ie, champ got hit, tower got hit etc etc) but now since all the redirecting going on, they constantly want to move around to try and make it more equal.... that im 100% on and it happened withtin the last 1-2years, but im not sure whats up with the hitboxes and when those got changed... even today i feel like i can move right between 2 minions tight packed every once in a great while but 99/100 there will be a 1 foot gap and my guy is like nah, better run around the whole pack while eating autos to get that minion a foot ahead of you (sorry but your minions foot isnt visible but its in the way!)
: why did i get chat banned exactly?
btw you guys been pretty passive aggressive, might want to watch your tones
: why did i get chat banned exactly?
ahhh ok gotcha so passive agressive is bannable, glad all the passive agressive things being reported arent being punished cept me, cool just disregard the thousands of reports of people afk, legit int feeding, racial slurs, kys, fuck yous etc are all ok 99/100 times tho seems legit
: why did i get chat banned exactly?
? i think your confusing dont like with toxic, hence why none of you grabbed a single statement to copy and paste just because i say something you dont like, doesnt make it toxic think you need to learn the term, or do you not wanna give me 1000000 dollars? oh thats toxic lol same logic
Rioter Comments
Xyzx (NA)
: There was a point that was true season 5. guess what happened. Everyone on reddit and boards cried so fucking much about long ass matchmaking and how they'd "rather just get in a game" now we have this garbage.
> [{quoted}](name=ZiLess,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7lteQQVt,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-07T09:23:58.013+0000) > > There was a point that was true > > season 5. guess what happened. > > > Everyone on reddit and boards cried so fucking much about long ass matchmaking and how they'd "rather just get in a game" > > > now we have this garbage. ? are u high or did you just not play before s5? correct me if im wrong but wasnt s5 the dynamic disaster? where for some odd reason they said fk solo que and matchmaking quality? anyone who played before s5 will tell u that since then the matchmaker has only gotten worse since then (wasnt great before but it was better) i mean shit, i can go as far as to say the game was more fair and balanced.....least back then if someone fed their ass off you could still win, shit even back then you needed multiple kills to one shot someone....now its like lvl 2-4 in certain matchups you can just be 100-0'd lol game went to shit slowly after s3 ended, and ramped up getting worse big time s5+ (not to say they didnt make SOME OK changes, but the good ones are to few and far inbetween mixed with like 8 broken things for every good change made) pretty much as soon as tencent became the overlords they stopped caring about gamestate and only started caring about game$tate
Rioter Comments
Sparkle (NA)
: So here's an honest to goodness question for my own curiosity - ideally, what do you want to actually figure out from death recap? What to buy next (Armor/MR/Lifesteal whatever)? If someone did more damage than the person that killed you? What ability was used on you? Something else? Like, assuming you know who got the takedown (from the scoreboard), what would you specifically be looking for out of death recap (in an ideal bug free fantasy world)? EDIT: Thank you to all the folks responding, really interesting to read through your thoughts & wants. <3 EDIT 2: Guys, I play other games. I know that other games have death recap features. I'm asking about what YOU want personally and specifically, not for examples of other death recaps. :)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot Sparkle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TqMWwBBY,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-03-20T16:32:36.890+0000) > > So here&#x27;s an honest to goodness question for my own curiosity - ideally, what do you want to actually figure out from death recap? What to buy next (Armor/MR/Lifesteal whatever)? If someone did more damage than the person that killed you? What ability was used on you? Something else? > > Like, assuming you know who got the takedown (from the scoreboard), what would you specifically be looking for out of death recap (in an ideal bug free fantasy world)? > > EDIT: Thank you to all the folks responding, really interesting to read through your thoughts &amp; wants. &lt;3 > > EDIT 2: Guys, I play other games. I know that other games have death recap features. I&#x27;m asking about what YOU want personally and specifically, not for examples of other death recaps. :) lemme rephrase everything since your slow OP=death recap is garbage, it doesnt work correctly...... riot= you saw who killed you, what ability did they use to kill you OP=this is why we have death RECAP, to recap what killed me and how much dmg which ability did riot=what would you specifically be looking for out of deal recap..... seriously riot? are u this dumb that you dont know that someone complaining about death recap being broken (unlike other games where it works, this one has NOT worked....for almost a decade/since its inception.....let that sink in a second after that sinks in, let this one sink in.....maybe people want a death recap out of their death recap.....where it shows what ability hit you, from whom, and how much damage it did....if it was physical or magical.... one question though, does riot intentionally hire people with zero common sense? zero work ethic? or just happen to hire people who have none by accident? next riots gonna have a team of plumbers answering phones to people saying "my toilets broken, it doesnt flush and it should"........where riot responds, in a perfect world, what would you be looking for out of your toilet? "did you try pushing it down manually" like no i didnt, thats why i bought a toilet...so it can flush......same thing with death cap....we look at it to /gasp get a recap of our death whod have thunk{{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
: A goodbye letter
first rioter overboard? have they finally realized what they been doing to the game and the shitter state its in so they start jumping ship? shit i woulda done that awhile ago if i were him
: Waveclear work for 8.6 or later
And here we go again with riots back azzwards logic so let me get this straight..... a group of champions (sizable group at this point) can either insta clear waves or dam near insta them even early are getting to out of hand..... so your buffing or nerfing minions? do you not see this as dumb? if not let me explain just a few reasons that come to mind if you do this.... and im not a lead designer or anything......again backward azz logic.....but i digress you buff minions....that means the ones who cant clear now take even longer, while the ones who could clear the wave has a bit longer also (IE a buff kinda like what akali so hot said where it will just be a worse tradeoff for the melee/bad matchup 2nd....not sure if anyone addressed but what about towers? right now towers are hot garbage on a good day, most of em i see fall before 6 minutes....and you want to buff minions? if they take more damage than they do now towers will FALL EVEN QUICKER... not only this, but what happens if u get it perfect to where the turrets do more and minions have more hp but its balanced to last the same amount of time and somehow still able to be last hit under turret....now what? some are still gonna clear faster than others while some have their whole playstyles ruined because you guys thought it was an ok concept back when (when towers actually did something it made sense having a defensive champ) you guys keep adding these bandaids to problems that arent even addressing the problems and in the end those bandaids HURT gameplay way more than they help OVER half the time you want to fix waveclear? how much of a tower you can tank? how much towers do in terms of giving and receiving damage? then stop putting off what need to balance the game.................... BALANCE CHAMPS INDIVIDUALLY................ STOP WITH THE BANDAIDS THAT DO NOTHING.....SIT AND THINK.... AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....THIS ESP SINCE U HAVENT LEARNED SINCE AT LEAST SEASON 2 STOP BREAKING ITEMS AND THEN NERFING CHAMPS BECAUSE OF SAID ITEM,THEN LEAVING THEM IN THE GUTTER TILL U NERF THE ITEM AND MAKE A NEW BROKEN ITEM.... item comes out and breaks a bunch of champs? remove the buff....that simple....take more time to test to see where the appropriate level of damage etc should be..... and speaking of items......maybe lets get the champions balanced first with eachother before we start adding variables that your constantly changing (items) into broken levels then taking months of nerfs to patch it then remove the item 1-2 yrs down the road? time to level everything at 0, and start paying attention to what happens when you do stuff....because honestly alot of dumber people could be doing a better job atm.....over the course of the last years i should say..... STOP COMPOUNDING THE PROBLEMS, RESET, AND CRACK AT EM 1 AT A TIME YOU GUYS WANTED 140+ CHAMPS, DONT GIVE ME THAT ITS TO MANY CHAMPS TO BALANCE CRAP, BECAUSE THAT IS LITERALLY THE BED YOU MADE.....SO PLEASE, STOP SLEEPING ON THE COUCH BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT TO SLEEP IN YOUR BED
: We're looking into some stuff that could make early game jungling involve a bit more risk taking than what's currently in the game. Not sure of what the output will be, but we're talking things like: * Early clear speeds * Healthiness of first clears * Sources of sustain in the jungle generally Since any of these things would likely be nerfs to the jungle position overall, we may also need to do some offset buffs to later in the game. Hopefully should have some more info soon.
nerf the healthy ones out the jungle buff the unhealthy ones in jungle (after first clears) sustain in jungle is not really relative considering people have built in heals....maybe look into case specifics with sustain but other than that its all clear time....they shouldnt be in my lane till way later and shouldnt also be carried xp wise from sitting in my lane and falling behind to get catchup xp on 1 camp lol take it slow and think it out
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Should we see DoT champs become problematic, we'll likely be addressing Liandry's first.
Should we see DoT champs become problematic, we'll likely be addressing Liandry's first, AFTER EVERY DOT USER FTFY, because we all have seen how you go about nerfing a broken item, 5-6 champs will get nerfed before you nerf it then you will leave those champs nerfed after you nerf the item tell me whos the dellusional one tho, the one who thinks its going to go different this time or the one who thinks it will end up like, literally, every other time this problem has presented itself if you are going to come on the forums and lie, just dont bother dude (ive played since end of s2, and NEVER seen the item get nerfed first, js)
: In game freezing?
/do you get paid to be a douche? or it a hobby during your all the time?
del0 (NA)
: How did jhins w hit me?
LMFAO at u clowns u realize the auto put her to 1hp and scortch killed her right? thats why when she is running away she has the burn graphic over her champion thats also why there is no animation of the W actually hitting her and no, thats lulu killing the ward open your eyes 2018 lol........its a hill or lower/higher terrain? LOLOLOL sheeps, think for yourselves
: OR just fix your game yourselves. Not sure why we have to mess with logs cause you guys cant properly test your Champions and game before releasing. Every patch has disabling issues for some odd reason you guys don't catch. Testing goes a long way.
as salty as he seems, and however he gets this message across he is right a billion+ dollar company should have way better testing than this.... dont get me started on management, and dont even mention the balance team if i had my way, all of them would be jobless.....with a heavy heart....wouldnt want that on nobody, but id also want the job to be done right and not just throw a dart at a board that has no good options and run with that while communicating nothing and having the actions of a fk u mentality yea, theyd be jobless pretty quick, first order of buisness but hey, least i been freezing for like 5 seconds at a time for numerous patches now, perfect time for 3 new skins and a rework......
Keyru (NA)
: Boards Moderation Discord Verification
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: You summed it up pretty well, but I'll throw in my two cents from the perspective as one of the team leads. From a process perspective: When we're working on a patch, we have about two work weeks to choose our targets, dig into a shit ton of data, come up with a few paperkits, implement said paperkits, test them, get feedback, iterate, test again, finalize iterations, and get in for actual bug testing and localization lock (for things that are changing tooltips and need to be translated). What this usually amounts to is that we have from ~Wednesday afternoon to the following Friday to get our changes through the various development stages and into the next patch. After we lock on the Friday, we have the following Monday/Tuesday for any final power tuning and bug fixing before the entire patch gets "locked" and no more changes can be submitted. From there it goes into extensive bug testing internally, at vendors, and in partner regions to ensure all big bugs have been caught and fixed before we go Live the following Tuesday-Wednesday. This means that from the time we start working on a task, it takes 3 weeks before that change will actually get shipped live (which is one of the factors in it feeling like it takes a long time for things to get changed). Now, not all of our work is targeted on a 2 week cadence, there are times where we have some larger work on our plates for a few sprints/months before it ships, but the bulk of our work gets run through the rapid two week cadence. When we're already working on a fast schedule, one of the things that can drag down any team in any organisation is having too much work in progress. It's something you need to be hyper aware of, as having too many things on the go at once is likely to lead to a lot of stuff falling through the cracks, or burnout because of people trying to deal with the overhead of each individual piece of work they have on their plate. What this means at Riot is that the specific designer may have 4-5 tasks of varying sizes on their plates for a given patch, and each of those tasks requires investigation, ideation, implementation, playtesting and gathering feedback, iterating based on said feedback, fixing bugs, writing patch notes etc. Anything that bleeds over to the next sprint adds to the overhead they need to manage the following sprint (including adding another testpoint to playtests that are already crowded with changes from all the teams in core gameplay). While breaking things up as you suggest would lead to smoother releases, it also just doesn't scale well in a real world development scenario (that's not intended to sound condescending). What this means from a product perspective: One of the things that we try to aim for with our larger changes is offering interesting and compelling gameplay that alters the way players may think about when to pick a specific champion, how to build them, or where they could play them. Things like; what if you could take Nunu bot lane with an Azir or Kayle instead of just in the jungle when you have a hyper scaling adc? Or what if you could take Morgana or Zyra in the jungle if you got autofilled jungle as a support main but your team was entirely physical damage? These types of changes tend to err on the riskier side of the equation because we're trying to balance for a lot of factors. Things like what will this look like in pro play? What about Diamond? Will this be pubstompy in Bronze? Would this be something players find exciting or interesting? The list goes on and on, but at the end of the day, sometimes we have to take our best guess which is informed by the few playtests we get, trust our gut, and go with it. Can this result in us having some releases where we sit back, see the results of a change and think "damnit we did it again". Yep. But does that make me question whether we should have held onto a change for an additional 2 sprints to try and eke out even a tiny bit more value from playtests to give us the confidence in a direction or present tuning? Very very rarely. When all is said and done, the data that we get from our changes being out in the wild for even an hour gives us far more information than we can get from our playtests. This means that we can adjust a champion to be right around where we're happy with a day or two after release as opposed to holding onto them and carrying the overhead cost of managing the task through the various dev stages for another month to get us to the same result (maybe). While people tend to look at them as massive misses on our part (which they are), I'm fine accepting that cost as long as we're willing to own up to it when we do and hotfix them when necessary. At the end of the day as a lead I'm accountable for the results of my team, and if needing to do hotfixes was causing players to churn from the game or completely lose all faith in Riot then I'd definitely revisit this as a philosophy, but as that hasn't materialised so far my tendency is to lean towards iterating quickly as opposed to drawing changes out over a long period of time. @OP: To be entirely clear, your thoughts aren't wrong. If we wanted to go for the smoothest releases possible, we could easily adjust to releasing changes the way you suggest (1/4 or 1/2 at a time). The primary benefit there would be we'd have less egregious cases like Nunu crop up, and the primary cost would be that we'd be able to do net fewer changes as we adjust our workload to account for carry over tasks. It could be that the trade-off is worth it, though for now I'm not convinced. In my mind the worst case right now is that we end up having champs like Nunu be strong for a day or two, people get to see them pop off with some fun synergies, and then we get him to a spot we're roughly happy with - which is ideally far better than he was before. That being said... One of our hopes with changing our patching cadence to be a large patch followed by a small patch is that we get additional breathing room to work on larger projects rather than trying to bundle everything into a standard patch. By changing our small patches to have significantly fewer changes than what players are currently used to, it grants us significantly more bandwidth to work on the larger term stuff that hopefully has a larger impact on the overall state of League. Hopefully the above reasoning makes some amount of sense. I have this awful tendency of writing fucking bibles on the boards :P. Let me know if anything needs additional clarity.
> [{quoted}](name=Maple Nectar,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qgPXfKtQ,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-01-26T04:32:36.379+0000) > > You summed it up pretty well, but I&#x27;ll throw in my two cents from the perspective as one of the team leads. > > From a process perspective: > > When we&#x27;re working on a patch, we have about two work weeks to choose our targets, dig into a shit ton of data, come up with a few paperkits, implement said paperkits, test them, get feedback, iterate, test again, finalize iterations, and get in for actual bug testing and localization lock (for things that are changing tooltips and need to be translated). What this usually amounts to is that we have from ~Wednesday afternoon to the following Friday to get our changes through the various development stages and into the next patch. After we lock on the Friday, we have the following Monday/Tuesday for any final power tuning and bug fixing before the entire patch gets &quot;locked&quot; and no more changes can be submitted. From there it goes into extensive bug testing internally, at vendors, and in partner regions to ensure all big bugs have been caught and fixed before we go Live the following Tuesday-Wednesday. This means that from the time we start working on a task, it takes 3 weeks before that change will actually get shipped live (which is one of the factors in it feeling like it takes a long time for things to get changed). > > Now, not all of our work is targeted on a 2 week cadence, there are times where we have some larger work on our plates for a few sprints/months before it ships, but the bulk of our work gets run through the rapid two week cadence. When we&#x27;re already working on a fast schedule, one of the things that can drag down any team in any organisation is having too much work in progress. It&#x27;s something you need to be hyper aware of, as having too many things on the go at once is likely to lead to a lot of stuff falling through the cracks, or burnout because of people trying to deal with the overhead of each individual piece of work they have on their plate. What this means at Riot is that the specific designer may have 4-5 tasks of varying sizes on their plates for a given patch, and each of those tasks requires investigation, ideation, implementation, playtesting and gathering feedback, iterating based on said feedback, fixing bugs, writing patch notes etc. Anything that bleeds over to the next sprint adds to the overhead they need to manage the following sprint (including adding another testpoint to playtests that are already crowded with changes from all the teams in core gameplay). While breaking things up as you suggest would lead to smoother releases, it also just doesn&#x27;t scale well in a real world development scenario (that&#x27;s not intended to sound condescending). > > What this means from a product perspective: > > One of the things that we try to aim for with our larger changes is offering interesting and compelling gameplay that alters the way players may think about when to pick a specific champion, how to build them, or where they could play them. Things like; what if you could take Nunu bot lane with an Azir or Kayle instead of just in the jungle when you have a hyper scaling adc? Or what if you could take Morgana or Zyra in the jungle if you got autofilled jungle as a support main but your team was entirely physical damage? These types of changes tend to err on the riskier side of the equation because we&#x27;re trying to balance for a lot of factors. Things like what will this look like in pro play? What about Diamond? Will this be pubstompy in Bronze? Would this be something players find exciting or interesting? The list goes on and on, but at the end of the day, sometimes we have to take our best guess which is informed by the few playtests we get, trust our gut, and go with it. Can this result in us having some releases where we sit back, see the results of a change and think &quot;damnit we did it again&quot;. Yep. But does that make me question whether we should have held onto a change for an additional 2 sprints to try and eke out even a tiny bit more value from playtests to give us the confidence in a direction or present tuning? Very very rarely. When all is said and done, the data that we get from our changes being out in the wild for even an hour gives us far more information than we can get from our playtests. This means that we can adjust a champion to be right around where we&#x27;re happy with a day or two after release as opposed to holding onto them and carrying the overhead cost of managing the task through the various dev stages for another month to get us to the same result (maybe). While people tend to look at them as massive misses on our part (which they are), I&#x27;m fine accepting that cost as long as we&#x27;re willing to own up to it when we do and hotfix them when necessary. At the end of the day as a lead I&#x27;m accountable for the results of my team, and if needing to do hotfixes was causing players to churn from the game or completely lose all faith in Riot then I&#x27;d definitely revisit this as a philosophy, but as that hasn&#x27;t materialised so far my tendency is to lean towards iterating quickly as opposed to drawing changes out over a long period of time. > > @OP: > To be entirely clear, your thoughts aren&#x27;t wrong. If we wanted to go for the smoothest releases possible, we could easily adjust to releasing changes the way you suggest (1/4 or 1/2 at a time). The primary benefit there would be we&#x27;d have less egregious cases like Nunu crop up, and the primary cost would be that we&#x27;d be able to do net fewer changes as we adjust our workload to account for carry over tasks. It could be that the trade-off is worth it, though for now I&#x27;m not convinced. In my mind the worst case right now is that we end up having champs like Nunu be strong for a day or two, people get to see them pop off with some fun synergies, and then we get him to a spot we&#x27;re roughly happy with - which is ideally far better than he was before. > > That being said... > > One of our hopes with changing our patching cadence to be a large patch followed by a small patch is that we get additional breathing room to work on larger projects rather than trying to bundle everything into a standard patch. By changing our small patches to have significantly fewer changes than what players are currently used to, it grants us significantly more bandwidth to work on the larger term stuff that hopefully has a larger impact on the overall state of League. > > Hopefully the above reasoning makes some amount of sense. I have this awful tendency of writing fucking bibles on the boards :P. Let me know if anything needs additional clarity. sounds like 2 weeks is to short then, and why test it for another week considering you dont make any fixes to them? heres an example, feral flare......yall tested that? or yall tested for a year till you figured out it was bad? twitch..... going on 2 seasons and still havent noticed? point blank im gonna tell u like it is, you either need a longer test period for balance or you need to do that AND come up with better iterations during the first 2 weeks.....otherwise you need to test it better and you need to actually listen to the testers riot been on record saying pbe is for bugs and not balance, well time to make a new balance testing machine because the one right now is garbage....and if its people doing it, then you need more balancers who arent human garbage not trying to be mean, thats just the way it is.....if your a cook and you come out with an uncooked hamburger when i asked for french fries.......am i a bad guy for telling you you're a garbage cook? no, rude maybe, but it seems to get the point across better and maybe you might change something for the better or listen to what you're doing wrong. lets look at the problems 1.Riot doesnt listen worth shit, this is imo problem #1...wether it be people, testers, etc 2.Riot doesnt test thing correctly....theres NO reason shit like dynamic Q, feral flare, twitch and others being broken for years at a time etc..... none of this with a proper balance/test team should have ever made it into the game if anyone running these 2 things had any type of brain for balance 3.Riot doesnt admit mistakes, and when they do it takes over a year. Plenty of examples, worst was dynamic q....their own video had like what, 65000 more dislikes than likes in its first what 3 days? took them a year of people bitching about it and showing the uneven games before they considered not only removing it, but re ADDING solo que (yea dont forget they took out solo q for that garbage) if riot was quicker about acknowledging when they fkd up or somethings out of balance, then maybe it might get fixed (not only quicker but maybe better if the balance team actually listened to the play testers on balance....and if the play testers werent crap at their job like i understand nobody wants to hear it, riot doesnt wanna acknowledge it, and it sounds kind of mean.....but again if i order fries and you come out with an uncooked hamburger.....they are a bad cook.... well... we ordered fries now riot, time to go in the back, and make it correctly.....that means when you come back out...... bring the right order, dont come out with sorry or some hotfix for some bs you create and not balance correctly that means, plan fixes, TEST the fixes, LISTEN TO THE FEEDBACK ON THE TEST, IMPLEMENT THE FIXES AND TEST AGAIN, RINSE TILL IT IS BALANCED AND NOT OP 100% PICK BAN crap..... takes more than 2 weeks!? 3 weeks!?!?! NP!!!!! ill take 2 months of you wrecking a champion into the dirt for the future of the champ not being completely broken in a OP sense or broken in a cant do anything sense. because right now, the balance team and the testing team are producing hamburgers instead of fries......dont be mad when people say you're bad cooks, just understand you dont have to ALWAYS be a garbage cook, you can get better but not if you keep doing the same shit while fixing ZERO mistakes
: Those things didn't happen exactly the way you said they did, although you are right, the changes did happen. Here's the problem with what you said, a game this large with this many options and this large of a player base is going to have balance issues unless they add no content ever, which isn't going to happen, because the game would collapse at that point. If these changes really were as bad as you say they were they would have been reverted in a somewhat short amount of time, because of the amount of money that is involved in professional play. Go talk to professional players, and ask how many of those changes they actually think hurt the game.
actually, they did, even you doubled back on that statement and agreed and no, im not saying it can be balanced 100%, but riots pulling a 5% atm and dropping the number talk to professional players? how many clips of how many different streams you want of pro's hating on riots changes? i can get alot for just the last few patches.....pro players, on lcs teams etc, saying that "this change is retarded" "this makes no sense" "why would they do this" "who's idea was this" "that is stupid" "this is broken" or should i just show you the game i played yesterday where malphite recalled in my face while i was attacking him for 5 solid seconds and hit em with abilities and he recalled in my face? but no.....fk fixing stuff like that, or bugs or anything, lets remove sightstone, lets make the game last 30# as long, lets make everyone assassins sry bud, riot fkd up, and your not gonna sit here and say im lying saying they did.....i told you why, if you dont like it to bad.....not only has that happened, but alot more has im not saying
: Just because those with something negative to say are a loud bunch, doesn't make them the majority. Just because a lot of the people you know agree with you doesn't mean those outside your social bubble do. Most people think about going to the boards to complain more than to say nice things, the same way people who wouldn't leave a review otherwise go out of their way to do so when they really hate something. I'm a support main since season 2 and I am happy about these changes, just as I was happy about the RNG dragons... which make every game different and force people to consider best options per match and not just automatically know "oh I have to rush drag in every game on this patch or my bot/mid lane loses" or whatever. Many of the people ***I*** know agree with ***me***. We just don't feel the need to make a million threads on the boards about it.
your right it doesnt, but when one guy who cant get off riot nuts makes a post loving a change while hundreds of post say they dont the people who dont like it are the majority dont wanna hear the typical riot bs like "thats not a majority, forums twitter reddit dont count, etc "but yet they give no surveys and all the people on social media say they dont like something and at the end of the day riot gets on and says WELP since a majority approve of X we are keeping it.... not only is that a minority and not a majority, but thats just not listening to player concerns or feedbacks.....and again without social media and surveys, how do they even know? pickrate? winrate? cs score? how many dragons you farmed? make it so you approve? how bout a survey to EVERYONE or listen to player feedback and concerns.....maybe.....on the own games forums!?!? instead of someone coming in here while something very concerning is happening and drop the "your not a majority" card and do it anyways? riots management and balance team and esp PR are HURTING to say the least, only team who has a clue about anything is the art team.... can the art team just start leading riot? shit least some of them actually play the game so it will probably get better, and on top of that, the art team is the only one ive seen to really take advice and try to work with it....the balance team? LOLOL......management? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
: > but once players have played around with the changes they actually tend to like them (now I won't say that 100% of people do, but the vast majority). Please do not missinterpret accepting (or being forced to accept) with liking. I do not know the actual number of people that like or dislike these things, but I'd like to know how you think the vast majority actually likes the adjusted cs scores on jungle camps etc. I and many people I know don't like that change at all. But what can we do? Crying openly about it doesn't change anything like this thread and every other prove. Elemental dragons? The playerbase got used to that yeah, but the RNG factor still makes it a thing at least I, but probably many more people will never like. Before season 6 with old dragons you could actually plan out the game better, because it always gave something you can use at that moment. Now if you see first dragon is a cloud dragon then you won't take the risk to solo dragon at minute 5, while with an infernal drake many people will. Not saying that the majority doesn't like them, but I don't know of any statistic that proves that the majority of the players actually like them.
this guy gets it, thank you
: The first line of your post is kind of hyperbolic in the claim that 90% of players are massively against these changes. This tends to be a wall we run up against any time we try to introduce some sort of systemic change (elemental dragons, jungle plants, adjusted cs scores on jungle camps etc), where initial outcry can be quite negative, but once players have played around with the changes they actually tend to like them (now I won't say that 100% of people do, but the vast majority). The designer who's been working on the project has been doing a load of tuning to the sightstone quest reward so that it "turns on" roughly around the same time supports are buying sightstone on live. What this means is you'll have vision around the same time as usual, but will also have that 800 gold that you can put towards a more exciting purchase. The majority of the negative pushback (which is warranted) seems to be revolving around the idea that we're doing away with the item actives which people find exciting. While it's true that we're going to be taking it off of the gold gen items, we're going to be looking for ways to re-introduce them back to the game as soon as possible, just as new items. Who doesn't love spooky ghosts? In regards to the poaching concern - that's something we're super aware of and will be looking to actively tune if we're off. There's a change going out for relic shield to the PBE today (was supposed to go yesterday) where we're cutting the healing for ranged users in half (this does hurt Thresh so we're going to look to buff him in another way as a fast followup should he need it). We'll see if that pushes relic far enough from desirable in every game territory for marksman, but if it doesn't, we have other things we can try.
people hated it at first, but then we shoved it down their throats forever and people got used to it.... like we have an alternative? if you take something away.......course people are going to use it and get used to it...what choice do we even have? you dont listen to player concerns and you get flustered when we say simple things like a MAJORITY (like the real one not the kind you say when 1% likes something and 99% hate it and you say well a majority like it) dont like it.... turns into this "wall" you guys seem to go over all the time or have to deal with.....but who cares, that wall is just player concern and feedback....what do they know when even the balance people admit they dont need to play the game to balance it 10/10 riot, fkin up like always
: Riot response and communication
you can downvote me all you want, but you cant deny that stuff didnt happen either
: Riot response and communication
are you guys all high? did we all just forget they in the last 2 years have made towers into paper, made 90% of the roster 2 shot people taking out alot of skill expression, and shortened the game like 60%....while shoving things like dynamic que down our throat for a year before that, and destroying urf on top of it.... and no rioter responds to anything gamebreaking that should be adressed, and the very VERY rare instances that they do they dont even answer the question and say some sarcastic joke thats not even relatable to the subject and MOST of this is coming off a season that ended early balance wise so they can balance this....for lack of better terms, shitshow of a season that turned into the most top level of clown fiesta yet from riot dont say their communication is good, its horrible....they dodge most discussions, but even when they do they give you some vaque answer...... i mean look at the year of the dog thing..."we wanted to make it about you know dogs so we chose WW and nasus.....then we figured since ones good and ones evil......so we need a princess to watch between them or w/e" ..........like where does a need for a princess even need to come into play? but again overall, riot is bad at player communication and even moreso on balance.....to not be able to see that is like walking into a lake and being like nah im not wet
: 8.2 Patch Notes * A bug where KateyKhaos' name was spelled incorrectly has been resolved. It should now read Katey Chaos.
> [{quoted}](name=Riot KateyKhaos,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=pcX0wKmd,comment-id=0019000c0000,timestamp=2018-01-09T23:09:36.560+0000) > > 8.2 Patch Notes > > * A bug where KateyKhaos&#x27; name was spelled incorrectly has been resolved. It should now read Katey Chaos. lol 8.2 we both know it would be on the boards for years way before it hit patches
Rioter Comments
Kur0i (NA)
: Whenever I'm sad I play duskblade lethality dark harvest jungle garen
: > [{quoted}](name=OldDirtay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m3EHz42A,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T20:09:11.139+0000) > > dont be disappointed with a perfectly good game mode > > be disappointed in the balance team for ruining it and riots management for letting this and many other things happen > > nobody holds the balance team or esp management of, to the standards they should Ultra rapid Urf was legit the funnest game mode i mean the only thing wrong with this urf is you cant get all the champions only the ones that have the skin and very unbalanced i play against the same OP champs and they always win because they have ezreal malzahar or sivir and malphite its just not fair all champions should be playable
> [{quoted}](name=LoL 420 Blitz It ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m3EHz42A,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-20T20:16:04.728+0000) > > Ultra rapid Urf was legit the funnest game mode i mean the only thing wrong with this urf is you cant get all the champions only the ones that have the skin and very unbalanced i play against the same OP champs and they always win because they have ezreal malzahar or sivir and malphite its just not fair all champions should be playable having op champs is literally the reason people played it, everyone gets to play champs on crack yes there are some that shouldnt be allowed (can think of fizz with 1 shot potential mixed with untargettablility) but again this problem coulda been solved with more bans or semi balancing we innately got more bans...... so..... this means fk 90% of the roster, play as these specific skinned champs, and have it once to twice a year the only word i can come up with for riot is garbage....if i could get 2 words.....it would be hot garbage
: People are suprised at how bad urf is
i shouldnt even say standard as if its some bar to reach i mean standard more in a way like, hey i made this car for you, hopefully in a year it will still have all 4 tires comes back every year missing something as valuable as a tire or engine
: Urf is really bad this year you cant even pick your own champions and its champions who only have snow skins im very disappointed in urf
> [{quoted}](name=LoL 420 Blitz It ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m3EHz42A,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-20T19:59:40.932+0000) > > Urf is really bad this year you cant even pick your own champions and its champions who only have snow skins im very disappointed in urf dont be disappointed with a perfectly good game mode be disappointed in the balance team for ruining it and riots management for letting this and many other things happen nobody holds the balance team or esp management of, to the standards they should
Màster (NA)
: As someone who regularly afks and trolls, I beg to differ. I'm getting low priority queue more than ever before and got a 2 week ban for the first time ever this season for purposely feeding.
> [{quoted}](name=Màster,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=on7I9EEm,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2017-12-20T00:17:10.382+0000) > > As someone who regularly afks and trolls, I beg to differ. I&#x27;m getting low priority queue more than ever before and got a 2 week ban for the first time ever this season for purposely feeding. on behalf of the community with a brain, think i can safely say you should quit and league would be a way better place than when you left it hurts but its true, and ill be the bad guy for saying it.....but this type of behavior is just stupid at best and you should feel as such
: > Oh damn whats this?! The Draven hasnt played in months? Lets start this GOLD 1 player in Plat 2-D5 elo! Tfw people still don't understand that ranking doesn't mean anything and what matters is mmr. You can lose plat+ by not playing but how are you going to lose mmr when you don't play the game? Because if you're not playing you're not winning or losing so that makes zero sense. That draven has a 50% winrate out of 400 games i bet if he didnt let his account decay you wouldn't even bat an eye or if you do you complain about him being hardstuck in plat 2 elo. Look at your ahri ffs she was just as useless as the draven and she is plat 2.
> [{quoted}](name=Ahri Carries U,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=on7I9EEm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-19T18:07:44.289+0000) > > Tfw people still don&#x27;t understand that ranking doesn&#x27;t mean anything and what matters is mmr. > > You can lose plat+ by not playing but how are you going to lose mmr when you don&#x27;t play the game? Because if you&#x27;re not playing you&#x27;re not winning or losing so that makes zero sense. > > That draven has a 50% winrate out of 400 games i bet if he didnt let his account decay you wouldn&#x27;t even bat an eye or if you do you complain about him being hardstuck in plat 2 elo. > > Look at your ahri ffs she was just as useless as the draven and she is plat 2. ranking doesnt mean anything LOL so you wouldnt mind having all pre 30 people on your team who dont know basic things on your team vs people who do? because if you want i can get some friends together and we can run it down lanes acting like we dont know what turrets do while also engaging a full health champ while at 10%hp and down 2 levels just so you remember what having a team who has no idea wtf they are doing vs people with at least half a brain till then, this whole "rank doesnt matter" is bogus.....thats like saying level doesnt matter with match quality or anything.... have you ever started a smurf? gonna tell me player skill doesnt mean anything? fact of the matter is some people are better than others....period.....and to say this cant affect your games is just idiocy at its finest..... unless your saying the pre 30's have the same chances of vsing diamonds, or all bronze vs golds.....but if it isnt the same chances, then rank must mean something? its a 5 player game, and to say 1-4 other people cant bring you down or boost you up is just insane to say if you're trying to be serious
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=001500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-18T06:03:41.668+0000) > > The concept that Comcast should have a network that meets the demands of its consumers escapes you. > > Comcast could easily have turned around and raised internet bills by $5. Sure their customers would have grumbled, but the reason for the increase would be to fund network improvements. > > Comcast charges money to consumers so that they can get to sites like Netflix, then they turn around and tell Netflix that they have to fork over money if they want a good connection to their subscribers. > > The fact is that if Comcast TRULY had issues with their backbone costs being too high they have the power to change what routes get advertised to LEvel 3 at their peering points. > > Instead Comcast played hardball to the detriment of its customers. Honestly I don&#x27;t think Title II would have ever happened had Comcast not taken actions that led to consumer harm. You just continue to ignore the facts and paint the same big bad evil corporation as the adversary of the consumer. The simple truth is that one company made millions at the direct expense of another by exploiting government regulations and good faith peering agreements. This is pretty much what you can expect any time government steps in to provide a solution. Someone will always find a way or lobby their way to exploit the system and make it worse than it was to begin with. I suppose the irony that you JUST argued that Comcast should have charged its customers $5 more to get Netflix in SUPPORT OF net neutrality is completely lost on you.
> [{quoted}](name=Gives No Lux,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=00150000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2017-12-18T08:04:22.242+0000) > > Aaaaaaand there goes the backpedaling. You DO realize that residential services and transport are two entirely different business entities within Comcast right? > > What ACTUALLY happened was that Comcast and Netflix agreed on a deal which gave them direct access into the backbone which offered a more efficient hanfoff of their content as well as having Netflix share some of the cost burden which they were loading onto the network &#x27;for free&#x27;. > > Comcast customers had amazing Netflix experience while other ISPs struggled for another year before they could get their issues worked out. > > Regardless of your personal feelings Comcast has driven the vast majority of advancements in residential services and has has a large hand in long haul transport development. If we were counting on TWC and CenturyLink to drive the R&amp;D then we would probably be blown away by a 200Mbps connection. On the other hand Comcast has been handing out free speed upgrades across the country as their infrastructure improves so their rising tide is, in fact, lifting all boats. > > Enactment of stringent, enforceable net neutrality laws would slam the brakes on any future development as there is no point in investing in future technologies that will cost you more and return less on your investment. I&#x27;m sure you&#x27;ll disagree with this as well given that your stance is that business should magically make all that traffic in between last mile ISP demarcations magically appear with free money that Al Gore sprinkles on a series of tubes. not sure what ur getting at... is it comcast/verizon dont have the money to lay the wires? if so your wrong if you think its ok to slow down etc something that works already.....its wrong lol you realize people pay for speed right now right? you seem dumb when you come in saying they either dont have enough money to do the needed things or that they somehow would have a right to charge you for extra stuff we already have? thats like an electric company saying like they do now, we will charge you for how much electricity you use.....but now, we might slow down or stop your electric all together if the guy who paid a bit more than you needs it.....oh and you want to plug in that light? 5$.....that TV? need 10.....microwave? etc how do people not see this and act like comcast / verizon etc are the victims? did nobody see that when it was ILLEGAL to do they were still doing it? or you trying to tell me the company wont charge extra etc because they said they wont? what about breaking the law when it was illegal to throttle etc? what about the lawsuits they lost for millions because they were breaking the law and got caught and sued? but nah, lets take their word for it....just because they are making it legal now doesnt mean they will do it #trustthemonopoliestodotherightthingevenwhenbreakingthelawtodoit
: > [{quoted}](name=OldDirtay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=000e000100000000,timestamp=2017-12-17T15:37:53.631+0000) > > Not at all actually > > either you know what it is, you dont know what it is, or you think you what what it is but dont....those are the only sides.... > > wether your vocal about it is irrelevant ...? Are you saying that people who say NN is bad *Dont* know what NN is? Are you saying that there is no For or against? *Are you saying that People who know what NN is Automatically agree its a good thing?*
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=000e0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-17T22:43:31.042+0000) > > ...? > > Are you saying that people who say NN is bad *Dont* know what NN is? > > Are you saying that there is no For or against? > > *Are you saying that People who know what NN is Automatically agree its a good thing?* how do you even get this from what i said? you must be slow i said.....either you know what it is and you are against it or you know what it is, and stand to profit from it or you dont know what it is yet you think you do .......... if people are saying NN is bad, they either are going to make a profit on it, or they dont understand the concept (if i told you, Bill A gives me the authority to slow down or stop the electric to your house, and giving me the ability to charge you (price) for every thing you plug in wether its a lamp charger etc.....would you be on board for that?) hint anyone besides the people making money wouldnt and for good reason, otherwise you dont understand it same for net neutrality......i understand your slow, but take the time and read out each word, it will come to you eventually.... or have your mom help you read it and explain....its really not hard to understand for most......MOST.......get your mom
: Don't worry bro, riot will ignore this problem for years. Better buy a skin and shut up. hehe xd I was d2 then dropped to d5 because every game was stacked against me. Matchmaking is amazing bruh. hehehehheheh
> [{quoted}](name=useless nihilist,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=on7I9EEm,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-19T08:54:29.641+0000) > > Don&#x27;t worry bro, riot will ignore this problem for years. Better buy a skin and shut up. hehe xd > I was d2 then dropped to d5 because every game was stacked against me. Matchmaking is amazing bruh. hehehehheheh ignored for years, what a joke, i mean riot wouldnt leave glaring problems around for years but on bigger notes, im wondering how this death recap says i died to MF and the damage says 50% and under its move name/description it says my name.... dam, next engage i better watch out for that ME truedamage
Heos00 (NA)
: Riot is more occupied doing ranked tournaments than fixing the matchmaking and penalizing afks/trolls lol
> [{quoted}](name=Nixphe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=on7I9EEm,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-19T07:33:28.421+0000) > > Riot is more occupied doing ranked tournaments than fixing the matchmaking and penalizing afks/trolls lol pfffft im pretty sure if this season has shown me anything, they are working only on more ways to lower ip value and tell you its the same or more than before! but how would they keep millions of people around 50% winrate? Balanced / same skilled matches? LOL besides masters and challenger, your talking to balance who starts people on the 2nd/3rd pegs up of a 5 peg ladder and people think its balanced matches that keep millions of people 50%? because all i know is the games i play (very one sided either way), mixed with pictures i see of people getting the same, i see millions with 50% winrates or a few % above or below.....and all im being told is balanced fair matchups lol yet all these pictures and games we play show otherwise https://northamptondefendcouncilhousing.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/dont-piss-on-my-leg.jpg?w=640
: > [{quoted}](name=OldDirtay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=000e0001,timestamp=2017-12-16T19:56:14.500+0000) > > more like NN has 2 sides > > people who think isps shouldnt be able to throttle them, charge them more money for things as simple as 5$ for facebook, 5$ for youtube etc, and think they shouldnt be able to censor stuff on the internet > > then there are people who stand to make money from it and say its bad simply because they stand to profit off it > > then there are people who just have no clue what it is, some of these people think they do, but they dont > > its that simple, not the way you put it as everyones assholes on one side or another.....reading and comprehension really isnt your strong suit, yet you go on forums and voice your uneducated at all thoughts....and its kinda sad at times but everyone should have a voice no matter how dumb the stuff they say are NN has *More* than 2 sides. The ones that are vocal about their idea's are Fear Mongerers and Pedantics. There *Is* the occasional person who looks at it Rationally, And which i *Will* Consider them slightly more human because its not just resorting to throwing shit everywhere But its definitely the other two that are much, *MUCH* more vocal.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=000e00010000,timestamp=2017-12-16T22:52:57.621+0000) > > NN has *More* than 2 sides. > > The ones that are vocal about their idea&#x27;s are Fear Mongerers and Pedantics. > > There *Is* the occasional person who looks at it Rationally, And which i *Will* Consider them slightly more human because its not just resorting to throwing shit everywhere > > But its definitely the other two that are much, *MUCH* more vocal. Not at all actually either you know what it is, you dont know what it is, or you think you what what it is but dont....those are the only sides.... wether your vocal about it is irrelevant
: Impossible games are the worst
forced 50% winrate!?!? and here i was thinking it was perfectly balanced games of the same skilled players that kept MILLIONS of people hovering around 50% #probability
: i'm not reading those. 1: The general point is that the Surrender at 15 Vote is *NOT A FUCKING PROBLEM*, If you see it as a problem, Then you can just *not* vote. Simple as that 2: The problem with large-scale balancing is that you have to face the dillema of what area are you balancing for. High elo balancing creates the problem of low elo picks like Yi that are trash in high elo being overpowered in low elo, And so on so forth. Doing Mass balancing is impossible because of this, And is why there is Constant balance changes, and is why true balance is impossible. Literally ask anyone else here with more than 2 braincells 3: Its clear you cant understand using points to suggest the problems a patch resolves. Earlier surrendering *Was* a unanimously agreed benefit riot created because they noticed that shorter games means more games, And while long games are great, Shorter games are better because reasons. And considering Riots policy on quitting the game, This resolves that issue by allowing people who want shorter games to have shorter games aslong as all 15 people agree. I'm not gonna go into *All* the details because if you cant see the correlation/causation between the two, You're the one that needs to read. 4: I said i try to read as little as possible if the text has 0 comprehensivity. I will research and look into shit, If there is something behind it that makes sense and isn't a bunch of Biased tippity typing. Since clearly you cant understand what i'm saying, I'll *Clear up* some stuff. "Games that shouldn't exist" = Games with Leavers/People who dont connect/Trolls. /remake solved that. "This is why you'll never see people commenting on platforms" = I'm talking about the people who *Dont* comment on platforms. Its because their wants are satisfied before they ask for it. Yes, Maybe i should have said "This is why you'll never see THESE people", But i hoped for gods sakes you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together "The whole meta bs" = The problem is that Stats and Meta are Correlation, Not Causation. Right now, Despite the fact we have *SO* many problems where MR is shit low, We're in a Tank meta, While a Mage meta would be fucking perfect. And no, I'm not seeing stars, Only off-white text on a.. Teal? What ever fucking color this shit is.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gjAPp36l,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-16T20:07:33.092+0000) > > i&#x27;m not reading those. > > 1: The general point is that the Surrender at 15 Vote is *NOT A FUCKING PROBLEM*, If you see it as a problem, Then you can just *not* vote. Simple as that > > 2: The problem with large-scale balancing is that you have to face the dillema of what area are you balancing for. High elo balancing creates the problem of low elo picks like Yi that are trash in high elo being overpowered in low elo, And so on so forth. Doing Mass balancing is impossible because of this, And is why there is Constant balance changes, and is why true balance is impossible. Literally ask anyone else here with more than 2 braincells > > 3: Its clear you cant understand using points to suggest the problems a patch resolves. Earlier surrendering *Was* a unanimously agreed benefit riot created because they noticed that shorter games means more games, And while long games are great, Shorter games are better because reasons. And considering Riots policy on quitting the game, This resolves that issue by allowing people who want shorter games to have shorter games aslong as all 15 people agree. I&#x27;m not gonna go into *All* the details because if you cant see the correlation/causation between the two, You&#x27;re the one that needs to read. > > 4: I said i try to read as little as possible if the text has 0 comprehensivity. I will research and look into shit, If there is something behind it that makes sense and isn&#x27;t a bunch of Biased tippity typing. Since clearly you cant understand what i&#x27;m saying, I&#x27;ll *Clear up* some stuff. > > &quot;Games that shouldn&#x27;t exist&quot; = Games with Leavers/People who dont connect/Trolls. /remake solved that. > > &quot;This is why you&#x27;ll never see people commenting on platforms&quot; = I&#x27;m talking about the people who *Dont* comment on platforms. Its because their wants are satisfied before they ask for it. Yes, Maybe i should have said &quot;This is why you&#x27;ll never see THESE people&quot;, But i hoped for gods sakes you&#x27;d be able to put 2 and 2 together > > &quot;The whole meta bs&quot; = The problem is that Stats and Meta are Correlation, Not Causation. Right now, Despite the fact we have *SO* many problems where MR is shit low, We&#x27;re in a Tank meta, While a Mage meta would be fucking perfect. And no, I&#x27;m not seeing stars, Only off-white text on a.. Teal? What ever fucking color this shit is. all of this is wrong, you havent read a thing i have said correctly, i suggest you try again
: eehhhhh My views are hit and miss. On one hand, A lot of the shit most of the people who post on to support NN is ~75% Fear mongering that the internet is gonna be bumped up by a large amount of money that is unpayable or some shit like that On the other hand, The people Against NN are... As i can put as nicely as i can, Arrogant about it. Either way, You're dealing with Assbarrels or Shitboots Pedantics or Assholes And since i've yet to see any clear evidence of the "What'll happen next" Phase on this shit, Its hard to choose which side i 100% Am for. But i *Am* leaning towards repealing it, Simply so we can get this shitty topic of a mess done and over, Have all of america collectively shit its frilly panties, Then wake up tomorrow to see that no matter what, The sun will rise again. Or whatever stupid shit someone will do to create a large riot outside of DC/Ajit's house.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1Wsxwvn2,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2017-12-15T06:50:36.903+0000) > > eehhhhh > > My views are hit and miss. > > On one hand, A lot of the shit most of the people who post on to support NN is ~75% Fear mongering that the internet is gonna be bumped up by a large amount of money that is unpayable or some shit like that > > On the other hand, The people Against NN are... As i can put as nicely as i can, Arrogant about it. > > Either way, You&#x27;re dealing with Assbarrels or Shitboots > > Pedantics or Assholes > > And since i&#x27;ve yet to see any clear evidence of the &quot;What&#x27;ll happen next&quot; Phase on this shit, Its hard to choose which side i 100% Am for. > > But i *Am* leaning towards repealing it, Simply so we can get this shitty topic of a mess done and over, Have all of america collectively shit its frilly panties, Then wake up tomorrow to see that no matter what, The sun will rise again. > > Or whatever stupid shit someone will do to create a large riot outside of DC/Ajit&#x27;s house. more like NN has 2 sides people who think isps shouldnt be able to throttle them, charge them more money for things as simple as 5$ for facebook, 5$ for youtube etc, and think they shouldnt be able to censor stuff on the internet then there are people who stand to make money from it and say its bad simply because they stand to profit off it then there are people who just have no clue what it is, some of these people think they do, but they dont its that simple, not the way you put it as everyones assholes on one side or another.....reading and comprehension really isnt your strong suit, yet you go on forums and voice your uneducated at all thoughts....and its kinda sad at times but everyone should have a voice no matter how dumb the stuff they say are
: Tell me one reason to reconect to a game
There is no reason to go back into the game if you do you get punished (granted you should, you left no matter what the reason) (granted its out of your control, if you werent leaving games to begin with you would just get the "i agree" thing or even if you do leave games they put marks on your account and over time they go away, and you can leave a game with only a 5-15min timer before another game.....not 5-15min added on your que time....but like if you dodge an aram) if you dont go back, you got 15-30mins of time to do something else....we both know your chances of winning with an afk is extremely low vs a team with a brain, but while there is a chance to win, there is a bigger chance you wont...... so question really is what do i get for rejoining and winning...answer is nothing, leaver timer , not even what you would get for the actual win question being what do i get for rejoining and losing=nothing and timer question, what do i get for not rejoining=time to do anything else reasons you should rejoin? make 4 other people happier that they are gonna lose now with 5 people instead of 4? 1% chance of possibly winning the game if against people who dont know how to punish? im drawing blanks here....cuz i can tell you right now, if you didnt join my game and you came back even 5-10mins later....anything id want to say to you id be punished for....so no nothing really good comes from you rejoining.... either come to the conclusion that its a freak accident and that happens once in a GREAT WHILE, while people who leave games frequently (or frequently enough) that you still have leaver marks on your account then you are going to get a timer....sadly simple as that
: > [{quoted}](name=OldDirtay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gjAPp36l,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-16T18:25:49.688+0000) > > seriously though, you can get past all this crap by just reading the thread to begin with....or getting better at reading comprehension....or both!? That's because half the time, What i'm *trying* to comprehend is about as comprehensible as trying to tell whether Schrodingers cat is alive or dead before you open the box. (otherwords: 0) 1: You still forget that you need a unanimous vote to surrender at 15, Which usually means you and all 4 of your people *Dont* wanna be there. Which rarely happens, Especially if you get a pissy lil troll who will try to make the game last as long as possible. And actually, I do recall correctly, Infact, The only people that disagreed with the surrender at 15 thing were the people who were strongheaded that surrendering is stupid over all, When infact if you dont wanna surrender at 15, You hold the power to just deny it, And probably make your team try less because then they wanna play that game *LESS*. 2: Considering the fact that No matter what, They wont try to shift the meta around Worlds because they want the players to adjust to the meta and not vice versa, They dont care about the meta because the meta is a state of mind created by the players off of stats provided from the creators. Yes, Riot *Could* just try to balance, But because of several problems with balancing, That i'm not stating here because you could *Literally* Just go to Gameplay and see that there are two seperate views of balance based off Elo. 3: Weeelllll The problem is that for a lot of thigns, They wont *Ask*, But will get answers, or suggestions of answers, By game data. People are quitting earlier because they cant surrender? Lower surrender timer with a unanimous agreement. Games that shouldn't exist taking too long to carry out? Added /remake. And this is why you'll never see people asking on platforms, Because in the end, There's people who play the game, And randomly a change will pop up that they like, And they wont question why. 4: I try to read as little as possible because in the end, If you're making long ass walls of texts, And the TLDR has damn near nothing to do with the actual post besides "Riot Lies"
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gjAPp36l,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-16T18:44:54.662+0000) > > That&#x27;s because half the time, What i&#x27;m *trying* to comprehend is about as comprehensible as trying to tell whether Schrodingers cat is alive or dead before you open the box. (otherwords: 0) > > 1: You still forget that you need a unanimous vote to surrender at 15, Which usually means you and all 4 of your people *Dont* wanna be there. Which rarely happens, Especially if you get a pissy lil troll who will try to make the game last as long as possible. And actually, I do recall correctly, Infact, The only people that disagreed with the surrender at 15 thing were the people who were strongheaded that surrendering is stupid over all, When infact if you dont wanna surrender at 15, You hold the power to just deny it, And probably make your team try less because then they wanna play that game *LESS*. > > 2: Considering the fact that No matter what, They wont try to shift the meta around Worlds because they want the players to adjust to the meta and not vice versa, They dont care about the meta because the meta is a state of mind created by the players off of stats provided from the creators. Yes, Riot *Could* just try to balance, But because of several problems with balancing, That i&#x27;m not stating here because you could *Literally* Just go to Gameplay and see that there are two seperate views of balance based off Elo. > > 3: Weeelllll The problem is that for a lot of thigns, They wont *Ask*, But will get answers, or suggestions of answers, By game data. People are quitting earlier because they cant surrender? Lower surrender timer with a unanimous agreement. Games that shouldn&#x27;t exist taking too long to carry out? Added /remake. And this is why you&#x27;ll never see people asking on platforms, Because in the end, There&#x27;s people who play the game, And randomly a change will pop up that they like, And they wont question why. > > 4: I try to read as little as possible because in the end, If you&#x27;re making long ass walls of texts, And the TLDR has damn near nothing to do with the actual post besides &quot;Riot Lies&quot; 4="I try to read as little as possible because in the end, If you&#x27;re making long ass walls of texts, And the TLDR has damn near nothing to do with the actual post besides &quot;Riot Lies&quot;" this is so dumb for numerous reasons you read as little as possible, because w/e reason.....and you think that your going to be right in the end? ego much? and btw this falls under reading and comprehension....of which u seemed to have failed both the reading part and comprehension if im making walls of text.....hmmm, maybe its because im explaining something that cant be put in a single sentence and maybe adding context and past proof to what im talking about? or is that too hard to grasp? and you think not reading it fully wont hurt how you comprehend it? because taking out went from i went to the store and changing it to im going to the store can mean 2 totally different things? reading and comprehension 101 the TLDR is a summarized version minus the facts, and honestly you shouldnt be taking anything at face value just because someone says it...maybe see what they are saying and do the research yourself and come to your own conclusion.....maybe instead of not reading it fully, looking like an idiot, and getting all your facts wrong on some things so simple as why they changed the surrender time to begin with.... you just sound, not smart at all, combined with you admitting you didnt read it fully and have shown you obv dont comprehend both what HAS happened in the past and anything about what ive said here reading is your friend, some level of research is required to make a semi intelligent comment and not sound like you just made this up in your head for some reason....like the whole they changed surrender time because people bitched......sure they did bitch, but they always lowered the game time by 30%+ and changes like this come with the territory...but again to much text for you and i probably lost your both reading and comprehension skills on the first 2 words before you come back at me with either nothing i been talking about or just lies you believe in your head about the surrender time etc believe what you want with no facts, but dont come up to someone saying look what they did here, and here, and what they are saying here...then come in and say well your wrong.....because....."That i'm not stating here because you could Literally Just go to Gameplay and see that there" but yet cant take your own advice bravo at being wrong on everything so far, and having reading and comprehension skills (or even just memory of what has happened for what reason) and i wish you best of luck when you have to read something like a street sign, or remember your phone number....god bless, and wish you luck but sorry, im not going to keep answering bogus claims you make up that are wrong, cuz im just going to say your wrong and have you look it up....im not your dad and im not gonna hold your hand through everything and show you where to look, you gonna have to fish for yourself and stop relying on other people to get you fish, or say fish dont exist because you dont want to read/be shown and comprehend how to do it yourself...
: > [{quoted}](name=OldDirtay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gjAPp36l,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-12-16T18:25:49.688+0000) > > seriously though, you can get past all this crap by just reading the thread to begin with....or getting better at reading comprehension....or both!? That's because half the time, What i'm *trying* to comprehend is about as comprehensible as trying to tell whether Schrodingers cat is alive or dead before you open the box. (otherwords: 0) 1: You still forget that you need a unanimous vote to surrender at 15, Which usually means you and all 4 of your people *Dont* wanna be there. Which rarely happens, Especially if you get a pissy lil troll who will try to make the game last as long as possible. And actually, I do recall correctly, Infact, The only people that disagreed with the surrender at 15 thing were the people who were strongheaded that surrendering is stupid over all, When infact if you dont wanna surrender at 15, You hold the power to just deny it, And probably make your team try less because then they wanna play that game *LESS*. 2: Considering the fact that No matter what, They wont try to shift the meta around Worlds because they want the players to adjust to the meta and not vice versa, They dont care about the meta because the meta is a state of mind created by the players off of stats provided from the creators. Yes, Riot *Could* just try to balance, But because of several problems with balancing, That i'm not stating here because you could *Literally* Just go to Gameplay and see that there are two seperate views of balance based off Elo. 3: Weeelllll The problem is that for a lot of thigns, They wont *Ask*, But will get answers, or suggestions of answers, By game data. People are quitting earlier because they cant surrender? Lower surrender timer with a unanimous agreement. Games that shouldn't exist taking too long to carry out? Added /remake. And this is why you'll never see people asking on platforms, Because in the end, There's people who play the game, And randomly a change will pop up that they like, And they wont question why. 4: I try to read as little as possible because in the end, If you're making long ass walls of texts, And the TLDR has damn near nothing to do with the actual post besides "Riot Lies"
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gjAPp36l,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-12-16T18:44:54.662+0000) > > That&#x27;s because half the time, What i&#x27;m *trying* to comprehend is about as comprehensible as trying to tell whether Schrodingers cat is alive or dead before you open the box. (otherwords: 0) > > 1: You still forget that you need a unanimous vote to surrender at 15, Which usually means you and all 4 of your people *Dont* wanna be there. Which rarely happens, Especially if you get a pissy lil troll who will try to make the game last as long as possible. And actually, I do recall correctly, Infact, The only people that disagreed with the surrender at 15 thing were the people who were strongheaded that surrendering is stupid over all, When infact if you dont wanna surrender at 15, You hold the power to just deny it, And probably make your team try less because then they wanna play that game *LESS*. > > 2: Considering the fact that No matter what, They wont try to shift the meta around Worlds because they want the players to adjust to the meta and not vice versa, They dont care about the meta because the meta is a state of mind created by the players off of stats provided from the creators. Yes, Riot *Could* just try to balance, But because of several problems with balancing, That i&#x27;m not stating here because you could *Literally* Just go to Gameplay and see that there are two seperate views of balance based off Elo. > > 3: Weeelllll The problem is that for a lot of thigns, They wont *Ask*, But will get answers, or suggestions of answers, By game data. People are quitting earlier because they cant surrender? Lower surrender timer with a unanimous agreement. Games that shouldn&#x27;t exist taking too long to carry out? Added /remake. And this is why you&#x27;ll never see people asking on platforms, Because in the end, There&#x27;s people who play the game, And randomly a change will pop up that they like, And they wont question why. > > 4: I try to read as little as possible because in the end, If you&#x27;re making long ass walls of texts, And the TLDR has damn near nothing to do with the actual post besides &quot;Riot Lies&quot; 1=how did i forget the vote? i never mentioned voting for surrender once? i talked about the times you can and should be able to surrender but never the fact of voting on them.....and as far as everyone having to agree, whats wrong with that lol? maybe 4-1 should win because of a possible troll and even if not...the wants of 4 should outclass the want of one. Whoever disagreed with surrender at 15 is an idiot, point blank simple...right now the average game length is 25-30mins.....your saying by 15mins you cant see where its going? LOL funny because most other people can....in fact what are you even basing this whole surrender time argument off of? your failed attempt at thinking FF at 15 was because of people bitching rather than the game lengths being 30-40mins and surrender time at the time was 20mins? again, if you cant tell who is either going to win or if your team has almost no comeback ability to deal with X champ or just their team then....again thats on you since most of us can 2=considering the fact (that they dont like metas as you say) that no matter what they wont try and shift the meta (protecting it) around worlds because they want players to adjust to the META they have created......how does this appear to be hate for worlds when they are protecting what they created through balancing?....i see protecting it....i see giving people time to adjust....i see not stirring the waters more than they have......i dont see hate tho, if it was hate they wouldnt protect it, they would try to change it more frequently and probably give no time to adjust because they'd make a new one.....sounds to me like they are giving it a chance......do you give something a chance when you hate it or like/want it? how do u fail at seeing this basic concept btw " They dont care about the meta because the meta is a state of mind created by the players ***off of stats provided from the creators****" see the stars? making more sense yet? also " Yes, Riot *Could* just try to balance, But because of several problems with balancing, That i&#x27;m not stating here" Not only does riot balance it, but to say they either dont or that there is a reason that you cant state is dumb and wrong, many things point to that being wrong even just the fact they do balance stuff, esp in meta stuff....so this is just entirely wrong and sounds like an excuse to not do work 3="Weeelllll The problem is that for a lot of thigns, They wont Ask, But will get answers, or suggestions of answers, By game data. " Really tho....because winrate means so much....like when yasuo was buffed when he came out and people didnt know how to play him, but they saw his winrate and said he needs buffs! so he was broken for awhile then nerfed repeatedly....i guess we can rule out winrates as far as good data for champ balance pickrate? because counterpicking someone means they LOVE this champion and its balanced.....no, so we can throw pickrate out as far as liking something just for the sheer fact that people pick stuff to counterpick.....as far as picking what they want to play, some people will like certain champs more than others.....they could be op, they could be weak, some people are in it for the story....but again to say somethings fine because of their pickrate is dumb who said ". People are quitting earlier because they cant surrender? Lower surrender timer with a unanimous agreement." i never said people are quitting earlier because they cant surrender? im saying if anything, by halfway through the game you should be able to tell if you have a chance to come back or its a complete stomp (minus the occasion possibility for a throw) by the HALFWAY mark of the game....game lengths right now are 25-30mins long so it you cant tell that you have no chance of winning by either over halfway, or halfway through.....thats on you....remember we are talking about games to surrender, not games your winning....like im talking about the game i had to sit through getting no towers, losing first tower in under 6mins, then watch them beating on my nexus turrets at 14mins......is the game not over yet? is there a chance of winning? sure....but to sit here and say i gotta go through more of it because the game isnt over....then i think we are debating what we think is over... And YES they lowered surrender time because they thought hey, 20min surrender worked for 40-60mins games and dont work as good in 30-40min games....maybe we should lower it.....and they did, not only for good reason, but people preferred it and asked for it....now they lowered gametimes AGAIN (this is where your fking up) and now games are 25mins-30mins........ you see why 10min surrender makes sense? same way 20min surrender worked in 60min games and why 10min surrender would work in 30min games.....its a 1/3 of the time you would be playing (on average) so by that point you know they outscale you/ if you have a chance to come back/ etc etc.....the game is faster paced like it or not, and surrender times should reflect that....but your confused as when they lowered the surrender time and for what reason....which ive now explained twice?3x? and your still not getting it ...."Games that shouldn&#x27;t exist taking too long to carry out? Added /remake." no this was added for the afks that never make it INTO the game.....now what do you do when someone joins the game and leaves in the first 3 mins?......? ill wait........ ..."And this is why you&#x27;ll never see people asking on platforms, Because in the end, There&#x27;s people who play the game, And randomly a change will pop up that they like, And they wont question why. " actually quite the opposite, i see plenty of people asking and commenting about things on platforms, problem is in the end, they will look at boards/reddit/twitter/social media outlets.... and i should say surveys but im not going to, because not once have i seen a survey on a subject before the 6month mark of w/e it is being released......but on these platforms they all say we want X and then riot will come in and say we got rid of X because a majority wants it gone......this is wrong till they can point to a majority..... game data doesnt tell you everything and even if it did we can come to the agreement that riot doesnt know how to read it correctly......again tho, this "WHO is the majority RIOT is speaking in behalf of.....is?" game data i guess can tell you when a champ or item is broken, how people feel about the champion, what they like and dislike about a champ, and everything else under the sun......yet we still get broken stuff released into game, we still have to tell them stuff like dynamic que is a bad idea, etc etc but they have the game data so they will KNOW everything without asking? so this game data, what did it say about dynamic que? that everyone liked it right? even tho ever outlet said otherwise, and even their video on it got like 8 dislikes to every like, over the course of THOUSANDS of votes with this ratio.....but their "majority" said it was a good idea......you know.....till the outcry got so big and the hard hitting questions were asked to often then a year later was the "sorry for taking out the mode you all love while shoving this crap down your throat we are sorry".......no they dont know shit without ASKING AND TESTING.....sorry bud but ur wrong for all the wrong reasons
: I'm just gonna point out a few flaws here 1: IIRC, The FF@15 was a design put in after people bitching after games "Being over after laning phase" because of bitchass snowball champs now ganking wildly, And was actually fan-suggested (Not exactly fifteen) Because most games felt over much earlier than 20 2: Riot doesn't give two shits about metas, And try not to point out "Balance" details because they dont care 3: The majority are people who play and *Dont* Participate in Reddit, Forums, Twitter, ETC. They're just people who saw the game, said "This looks neat" And just kept playing 4: Saying Riot is gonna try is pretty much a joke to everyone, Because we know they wont try any harder than potentially posting every now and then about some obscure shit.
> [{quoted}](name=ZenithEevee,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gjAPp36l,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-16T18:13:24.584+0000) > > I&#x27;m just gonna point out a few flaws here > > 1: IIRC, The FF@15 was a design put in after people bitching after games &quot;Being over after laning phase&quot; because of bitchass snowball champs now ganking wildly, And was actually fan-suggested (Not exactly fifteen) Because most games felt over much earlier than 20 > > 2: Riot doesn&#x27;t give two shits about metas, And try not to point out &quot;Balance&quot; details because they dont care > > 3: The majority are people who play and *Dont* Participate in Reddit, Forums, Twitter, ETC. They&#x27;re just people who saw the game, said &quot;This looks neat&quot; And just kept playing > > 4: Saying Riot is gonna try is pretty much a joke to everyone, Because we know they wont try any harder than potentially posting every now and then about some obscure shit. 1=you recall wrong, right after they changed the pace of the game, people were saying we know the games over by 15mins in (which you could) so they lowered the time from 20mins to 15.....keep in mind games were 45mins-1h10mins long beofre they changed it to around 30-40 at which point this 15min thing was added....btw game times have dropped to quickest ive seen is pre15min defeat (nexus dead) or the average time for higher elo is 24-30mins.....so sorry but you recalled wrong 2=riot def does give a shit about metas, what even makes you believe they dont? but im sure they changed ardent item for some other reason than it was meta, pushed whole champion classes out, and was the go to item for the whole season about? i just dont know how u act like they dont care, anything patched or fixed is in meta at the time (95% of the time) so.....not sure where ur coming from with this 3=you're right a majority of people dont go onto one platform.....im speaking about ALL platforms.....as far as they go in to say in terms of feedback they look at twitter/reddit/boards/ and surveys from in game (which is what i said and you must have missed) and BTW how did they come to the conclusion that they like or dislike anything without asking them? this is my point, since you didnt ask the MAJORITY of players then who is this MAJORITY you are asking and how? its not via in game, its not via social media, and its not via their forums.....idk how u got stuck on this 4=the whole point of this thread was saying riot isnt/hasnt/ and wont try....did you even read anything before responding? i even pointed out they have said this "we are gonna try" for numerous seasons now to no progress in that front seriously though, you can get past all this crap by just reading the thread to begin with....or getting better at reading comprehension....or both!?
Rioter Comments
: League has always felt great in wins and terrible in losses
> [{quoted}](name=Hexs Fortune,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=9yOj1IzM,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-12-15T21:46:12.127+0000) > > League has always felt great in wins and terrible in losses such a vague statement lol pretty sure he means wins felt better and losses felt not as bad but at this point think your just splittin hairs
Show more

OldDirtay

Level 96 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion