: Dude, I linked that Chat. I am not calling people out. I did nothing that breaks the rules. I didnt do any actions against the summoner's code. and I was punished. This is a forum to discuss the system and I think the system is flawed. You say I broke the rules. I say I did not break the rules. Please link a rule in the summoner's code that broke. Why is asking to report a toxic afk player toxic? By your own definition "poisonous" -extremely unpleasant or malicious. Why do we as a community think it is unpleasant to punish behavior that detrimental to the game? Name one game with a person who left the game that you enjoyed?
> [{quoted}](name=Velocious,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Hoydbgds,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-14T06:46:24.140+0000) > > Dude, I linked that Chat. I am not calling people out. I did nothing that breaks the rules. I didnt do any actions against the summoner's code. and I was punished. This is a forum to discuss the system and I think the system is flawed. > > You say I broke the rules. > > I say I did not break the rules. > > Please link a rule in the summoner's code that broke. Why is asking to report a toxic afk player toxic? By your own definition "poisonous" -extremely unpleasant or malicious. Why do we as a community think it is unpleasant to punish behavior that detrimental to the game? Name one game with a person who left the game that you enjoyed? https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/EE7d58Pu-dear-riotsome-clarification-please?comment=0007&show=flat Riot Husker's response to the question of "Is asking for reports punishable?". The answer is yes. Summoners Code: >Every person that we encounter is going to carry a different set of circumstances with them into the game, and therefore is going to have >a different level of tolerance for frustration. If you end up in a game with an abusive player, don't lower yourself to their level. Instead, >politely ask them to calm down.And remember, even if you're having a bad game, quitting or going AFK just ruins the game for the rest of >the players. If someone's really starting to bother you, the mute and ignore commands are always there to resolve the situation. Nowhere in there does it say you should start asking other players in game to report someone else. That would definitely be lowering yourself to their level as you are facilitating a toxic environment just as much as they are. Bottom line is it's negative behavior and punishable as clarified by Riot themselves. Case closed.
: I don't even understand how this can happen
OP, if this is the full story, sorry this happened to you. That's an abuse of power by the Customer Support agent and he should be reprimanded. First, it's terrible customer service to respond to someone complaining about something to then punish them for something they showed you in a video. Then to close the ticket without investigating what was going on or the fact you were trolled by another player the whole game is really alarming. I feel like CS on Riot's end has really gone downhill. There's no checks and balances into making sure people are actually doing their jobs over there and not arbitrarily closing tickets or even abusing their powers. The whole "Change your account name" fiasco that went down recently was the latest example of me having a bad experience with Riot's CS. Anyway I would be persistent as much as you can and I hope you can get this overturned. Good luck!
rujitra (NA)
: > After min 15 the surrender failed 4/1 and i left the game. This right here is trolling and griefing. You intentionally left the game clearly. The banning a teammates champion is just more evidence that you are intentionally griefing your teammates in games.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=2XGV4VLA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-12-13T19:09:00.653+0000) > > This right here is trolling and griefing. You intentionally left the game clearly. The banning a teammates champion is just more evidence that you are intentionally griefing your teammates in games. That's bullshit. Banning someone's champ is not banable and has never been. Leaving a game and AFKing is handled by Leaverbuster. Nothing OP said he did should have warranted a two week ban from the game.
: Cleanly? Probably not. It is sort of similar to "GGEZ". Alone it isn't going to net you a lot of bad rep. There is nothing inherently wrong with banning an allie's hover. Granted people will debate about that til the cows come home. But say there is some other, questionable, aspects with the match. Other "foul play" they may tack the banning of teammates pick as part of the explanation. In the case of what I believe influenced the creation of this post, the EUW player who, by admission, maliciously left a game when a 15 minute surrender vote failed. Of course, I could be wrong. It is merely speculation in the end as I cannot pull evidence out of Riot's systems
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tsKBYALI,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-14T00:47:21.413+0000) > > Cleanly? Probably not. > > It is sort of similar to "GGEZ". Alone it isn't going to net you a lot of bad rep. There is nothing inherently wrong with banning an allie's hover. Granted people will debate about that til the cows come home. > > But say there is some other, questionable, aspects with the match. Other "foul play" they may tack the banning of teammates pick as part of the explanation. In the case of what I believe influenced the creation of this post, the EUW player who, by admission, maliciously left a game when a 15 minute surrender vote failed. > > Of course, I could be wrong. It is merely speculation in the end as I cannot pull evidence out of Riot's systems I am hard pressed to believe that the automated system bans anyone for griefing at all as I don't think it has any capability at detecting that kind of behavior based on all my observations. Now somebody manually reviewing might take it into account but I would imagine it's going to be the actual griefing (Baiting teammates, role stealing, not playing with team, AFK farming jungle) that would get them into trouble and not the act of banning someone's champ.
: Alone, it won't punish you. It can contribute to a griefing punishment though.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tsKBYALI,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-13T20:14:31.657+0000) > > Alone, it won't punish you. It can contribute to a griefing punishment though. Can you elaborate? I am under the impression that banning someone else's champion is not in any way punishable.
: > [{quoted}](name=Tele II,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xuTaEHLP,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-12-13T23:08:23.027+0000) > > Lol the way you use kids IS the condescending passive aggressive way dude. If you didnt mean to be condescending, you gotta learn to communicate better, because you did use it in the condescending way. Also called for reports, also called them trolls. Sorry dude, thats against the rules. Doesnt make you a bad person or anything. Just means you broke certain rules of chat in an online video game and got punished in said video game. No biggy. At least you learned.more about the rules from it and come out wiser. > > If you just disagree with Riots rules, thats another thing and I can understand that. But you need to know that referring to anonymous strangers as "kids" while calling them trolls and criticizing their understanding of situations (especially when them being a "kid" IS your reason for their bad understanding skills), IS THE condescending way to use the term. Should it be against the rules? Well thats a matter of opinion, and I have nothing against that if you think it shouldnt be. You did not read my chat log with a genuine intention then, because A. I did not call for a report, I said "their", not "them", I was going to make a report joke that was not directed at them, B. you are cherry-picking, this is what this entire community seems to be doing, cherry-picking, despite 95% of my chat log contradicts your assertions, C. when I said "typical kids", I was just mentioning they were typical kids, that's it, nothing insulting about it, they are kids, that's what they are, kids do not understand situations, kids play this game, you asserting that is an insult is a disingenuous scapegoat, and **95% of my chat log again proves my innocence**, if you would stop cherry-picking 5% of my chat log, then read the 95% of my chat log, which shows I was 0% "toxic" throughout the game, then the 5% you are cherry-picking will then become 100% innocent, it was the pre-made flaming me, and this community flaming me. This community is hypocritical and really should not be in player behavior until it practices what it preaches, the people responding with holier than thou speeches are passive-aggressively attacking us and the moderators do nothing about it, _**the corruption of justice in this community needs to be addressed before anymore innocent people are falsely down voted and hounded by the community that is nothing more than a network of hypocrisy defending each other in a kangaroo court echo chamber.**_
> [{quoted}](name=IBrokeUrGfsNexus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xuTaEHLP,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2019-12-13T23:32:56.117+0000) > > You did not read my chat log with a genuine intention then, because A. I did not call for a report, I said "their", not "them", I was going to make a report joke that was not directed at them, B. you are cherry-picking, this is what this entire community seems to be doing, cherry-picking, despite 95% of my chat log contradicts your assertions, C. when I said "typical kids", I was just mentioning they were typical kids, that's it, nothing insulting about it, they are kids, that's what they are, kids do not understand situations, kids play this game, you asserting that is an insult is a disingenuous scapegoat, and **95% of my chat log again proves my innocence**, if you would stop cherry-picking 5% of my chat log, and read the 95% of my chat log, which shows I was 0% "toxic" throughout the game, then the 5% you are cherry-picking will then become 100%, it was the pre-made flaming me, and this community flaming me, this community is hypocritical and really should not be in player behavior. You have no idea of knowing if they are kids or adults. By the way you're acting I could say you're acting like a 12 year old but I have no way of knowing if you are 12 or not. Referring to people as "typical kids" who are "bad at understanding situations" is condescending. The fact you're acting like it's not shows a lack of social awareness on your part. You can argue until you're blue in the face but nobody here is going to agree that you didn't act like a jerk.
: Competitive Banter Not Allowed
Banter: You're just lucky my ignite was on c/d or you would have been toast! Insult: Get rekt you idiot. Why don't you just uninstall the game because you're terrible at it. One is allowed. One isn't.
: They reverted the suspension, thank you so much for your help! =)
> [{quoted}](name=AndyBarrelRoll,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0MlbQlQE,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T17:24:38.534+0000) > > They reverted the suspension, thank you so much for your help! =) Glad to hear it man! Good luck and have fun out there!
Paroe (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Illabethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=22vaGYZE,comment-id=000100010000,timestamp=2019-12-13T03:50:30.964+0000) > > snip All data sites round up or down and have their own variances - riot changed the API and made it much harder to stat sites to exist if you didnt know. I never mentioned her role explicitly, youre the one cherry picking data to bolster your argument with the OP. Youre arguing a champion with 20% popularity - which means she shows up in 20% of all games, pick or ban - with an above 50% win ratio is balanced. Also, youre trying to argue using below platinum statistics. You are _DELIBERATELY_ diluting the overall quality of the **GLOBAL** pool to push your argument while trying to denounce other peoples statistics as wrong or invalid.
> [{quoted}](name=Paroe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=22vaGYZE,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T04:05:55.503+0000) > > All data sites round up or down and have their own variances - riot changed the API and made it much harder to stat sites to exist if you didnt know. > > I never mentioned her role explicitly, youre the one cherry picking data to bolster your argument with the OP. > Youre arguing a champion with 20% popularity - which means she shows up in 20% of all games, pick or ban - with an above 50% win ratio is balanced. > Also, youre trying to argue using below platinum statistics. You are _DELIBERATELY_ diluting the overall quality of the **GLOBAL** pool to push your argument while trying to denounce other peoples statistics as wrong or invalid. I was all aboard the "Nerf Senna" train last patch but they did it. She's been nerfed. It's done. Let her be. Caitlyn is almost at a 30% pick rate and near a 52% win rate so if Senna isn't balanced, then Caitlyn is straight broken by your logic.
Melven (NA)
: this is exactly what im talking about
> [{quoted}](name=Melven,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=yuEJGbal,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T03:37:05.175+0000) > > this is exactly what im talking about Are you ok?
: > [{quoted}](name=XVI Jake IVX,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xuTaEHLP,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T03:07:30.277+0000) > > I was giving advice. I said mute all if you get tilted by what your teammate says. I personally never mute all ,but I know it can help some players avoid punishments so I was just giving that advice out. No need to get salty. I'm just having a casual conversation with you ,but it seems like your getting salty. Your advice isn't advice, it's vice, it's poison, it's not wisdom, you have no idea what you are arguing against. Nothing in that chat log is against the rules, the REAL reason why I got punished is the same reason "OneMust Fall" stated, he thinks I was typing "too much", but this is an ignorant judgement, I don't "type too much" -- I "type too fast", you have no idea how many games people comment about how fast I type, I'm just naturally gifted with typing words and using words, it's in my nature, I got punished because who ever saw my "report" thought I typed too much like "OneMustFall", but in reality I type like that in ALL MY GAMES, and I WIN many of them as the carry. They constantly tell me to write a book or a novel, constantly, I have earned HONOR for my EFFORT, in those games that I "TYPED A LOT" in, why are you guys this daft? The chat log has ZERO rule breaking, if you don't have the discernment to see that they IGNORANTLY punished me for my "typing" thinking I "typed too much as a detriment to the game", which is evident by how "OneMustFall" responded, whom are completely ignorant of someone that CAN type as fast as I can, then DON'T RESPOND, you do not have the acuity to understand the situation at its fullest extent, that being I was FALSELY punished, I LOST my HONOR that I EARNED for my months of GOOD BEHAVIOR, and this system being FAULTY, and people like you refusing to ADMIT TO ITS FAULTS.
> [{quoted}](name=IBrokeUrGfsNexus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xuTaEHLP,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T03:14:51.613+0000) > > Your advice isn't advice, it's vice, it's poison, it's not wisdom, you have no idea what you are arguing against. Nothing in that chat log is against the rules, the REAL reason why I got punished is the same reason "OneMust Fall" stated, he thinks I was typing "too much", but this is an ignorant judgement, I don't "type too much" -- I "type too fast", you have no idea how many games people comment about how fast I type, I'm just naturally gifted with typing words and using words, it's in my nature, I got punished because who ever saw my "report" thought I typed too much like "OneMustFall", but in reality I type like that in ALL MY GAMES, and I WIN many of them as the carry. They constantly tell me to write a book or a novel, constantly, I have earned HONOR for my EFFORT, in those games that I "TYPED A LOT" in, why are you guys this daft? The chat log has ZERO rule breaking, if you don't have the discernment to see that they IGNORANTLY punished me for my "typing" thinking I "typed too much as a detriment to the game", which is evident by how "OneMustFall" responded, whom are completely ignorant of someone that CAN type as fast as I can, then DON'T RESPOND, you do not have the acuity to understand the situation at its fullest extent, that being I was FALSELY punished, I LOST my HONOR that I EARNED for my months of GOOD BEHAVIOR, and this system being FAULTY, and people like you refusing to ADMIT TO ITS FAULTS. You rang?
: There Is Absolutely NO REASON To Be Punished Over This Chat Log (The FULL Log).
Honestly, you talk too much. How the hell are you playing the game when you're chatting this much? Chat is supposed to be used for communicating with your team and taking objectives, not story time with Dr. Seuss. Jeez man.
Jojobees (NA)
: Coming up on 4 year anniversary of my permanent ban.
If two weeks away from the game isn't a big enough wake up call that you need to change your behavior or your account is toast, then you can only blame yourself. Two weeks is a long time to suddenly be cut off from playing a game especially if you play multiple games a day. I got a 10 game chat restriction earlier this year and I disabled chat for three months until I felt I could handle looking at it again. I got back to Honor Level 4 by the end of the season. Sometimes it takes more than that for people to get it. Sometimes it's getting a two week suspension. Sometimes people actually have to have an account banned before it hits them. You're given plenty of opportunities to reform before you get banned, what you do with those opportunities is up to you.
: I don't care about you or anyone else here so much that I'd make up such an elaborate lie. It takes no effort to speak the truth.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q7VdFVxB,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-13T01:51:32.428+0000) > > I don't care about you or anyone else here so much that I'd make up such an elaborate lie. It takes no effort to speak the truth. Spreading animosity and being a malcontent is your calling card so I have no doubt you're capable of distorting the facts and events that took place in order to achieve your goals.
: > [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q7VdFVxB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-12T22:28:14.346+0000) > > Imagine someone like that in real life. They're on your basketball team and they're way better than everyone else but they're complete douchebags. They'd get kicked off the team sooner or later because they'd kill the team morale. The majority of people don't want to play with assholes, even if it means winning. Actually you are so very wrong about this. I grew up in a community where sports is embedded deeply into it's culture. Not a single person grows up here without having played a sport at some point in their lives. My community lives and breathes sports. The main sport is football, what you Americans call Soccer. I played quite a bit of it when I was younger though I was never very good at it. Anyways, they guys who were great at it were sometimes, the biggest assholes. They would rip into you whenever you fuck up and made sure you never forget about it for the next month. It was harsh. And guess what....everyone still wanted to play with them. Guys would literally quarrel over who gets the best players. No one cared that they can be assholes. They wanted the best team possible. And when these players tear into you over missing an easy goal or getting easily outplayed, it only made others want to play better so they are not the ones being made fun of for being trash. Good players had no problem getting on a team. Hell, good players would get drafted even when they had no intention of playing. They might be on the way to the shop or something and guys would literally beg them to come and play. And if you were a shit player, it didn't matter how nice of a guy you were, no one was begging you to play. In fact, they would beg you not to. The only way you're ever getting to play is when players are scarce and sometimes, they would rather play a man short than have a shit player on their team. I don't know where you grew up but this is how the competitive nature of boys and men work. I mean even today I still get ribbed by my friends about how shit I was at football and guess what, there's no love lost. We are all still good friends. I was shit at it and there's nothing wrong with that or talking about it. America with it's PC culture somehow forgot what the competitive spirit is about. "Toxic masculinity" is all the rage now and boys are no longer allowed to be boys because "feelings". This makes me glad I'm not American.
> [{quoted}](name=FioraWillCarry,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q7VdFVxB,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-13T01:03:03.698+0000) > > Actually you are so very wrong about this. > > I grew up in a community where sports is embedded deeply into it's culture. Not a single person grows up here without having played a sport at some point in their lives. My community lives and breathes sports. > > The main sport is football, what you Americans call Soccer. I played quite a bit of it when I was younger though I was never very good at it. Anyways, they guys who were great at it were sometimes, the biggest assholes. They would rip into you whenever you fuck up and made sure you never forget about it for the next month. It was harsh. And guess what....everyone still wanted to play with them. Guys would literally quarrel over who gets the best players. No one cared that they can be assholes. They wanted the best team possible. And when these players tear into you over missing an easy goal or getting easily outplayed, it only made others want to play better so they are not the ones being made fun of for being trash. Good players had no problem getting on a team. Hell, good players would get drafted even when they had no intention of playing. They might be on the way to the shop or something and guys would literally beg them to come and play. And if you were a shit player, it didn't matter how nice of a guy you were, no one was begging you to play. In fact, they would beg you not to. The only way you're ever getting to play is when players are scarce and sometimes, they would rather play a man short than have a shit player on their team. > > I don't know where you grew up but this is how the competitive nature of boys and men work. I mean even today I still get ribbed by my friends about how shit I was at football and guess what, there's no love lost. We are all still good friends. I was shit at it and there's nothing wrong with that or talking about it. America with it's PC culture somehow forgot what the competitive spirit is about. "Toxic masculinity" is all the rage now and boys are no longer allowed to be boys because "feelings". This makes me glad I'm not American. I'll go out on a limb and just say you're being extremely disingenuous here. You're trying to portray leadership and people being critical of mistakes vs someone being an asshole because they're better. I played on several sports teams over the years and regardless of the sport, the people who were douchebags never made the cut. You can look at professional sports and see examples of this all the time. Antonio Brown, phenomenal talent, but he's just a douchebag so he got cut by multiple teams. People might tolerate more from players who are exceptionally talented but there's always that cutoff line. And someone who isn't as good but is a great team player is far more likely to make a team than an allstar guy but is a team cancer. You can try to spin it however you want but your story sounds completely fabricated. Good teams aren't made of players who sit and shit on each other. It's one thing for the best player to be critical but he isn't going to insult his teammates cause that's just going to bring the team down and no one is going to want to follow him. That's not an American thing, it's a human thing. Europeans aren't any bigger assholes than Americans when it comes to sports, if anything they are more respectful. Real men don't need to trash on each other or throw insults to feel good about themselves, that's what children do. There's nothing wrong with ribbing each other in good fun but acting like a douchebag to someone will get you nowhere.
zPOOPz (NA)
: It's called Custom games
> [{quoted}](name=zPOOPz,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dI8QFKtm,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-12-12T22:43:17.891+0000) > > It's called Custom games Users can't enter and leave games in Custom games. A casual mode would let players enter the game in the middle of a game. Custom games also doesn't draw from a user pool where people can queue into it.
: Do you honor toxic players that play well? I'm curious as to what everyone's stance is on this.
No, that just encourages them to be dickheads in the future to other people. Being good at a video game doesn't entitle you to being an asshole. Imagine someone like that in real life. They're on your basketball team and they're way better than everyone else but they're complete douchebags. They'd get kicked off the team sooner or later because they'd kill the team morale. The majority of people don't want to play with assholes, even if it means winning.
: The Report Feature is Detrimental to Casual Play
Perhaps there should be a casual mode where you can dick around and come and go as you please. But it's not in Normals cause no one can just leave or take another summoner's place. So you're still expected to play and try to win the game. You can't go and int because someone else played poorly and left the game, that's just not how it works.
: I was very much forced. Had I stayed firm and locked a support anyway and gone three man bot lane, we would have lost due to lack of a jungler and I would be the one punished with LP loss. And if I do this, I'm just as much of a troll as the Lux was in champ select. She was very clearly not planning to go Lux jungle. I am conceding my role because I was put in a hostage situation and I had no other choice.
> [{quoted}](name=Emperør Rhaast,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Jq4GaZ9J,comment-id=0009000100000000,timestamp=2019-12-12T21:54:23.285+0000) > > I was very much forced. Had I stayed firm and locked a support anyway and gone three man bot lane, we would have lost due to lack of a jungler and I would be the one punished with LP loss. And if I do this, I'm just as much of a troll as the Lux was in champ select. She was very clearly not planning to go Lux jungle. I am conceding my role because I was put in a hostage situation and I had no other choice. I mean you can keep playing the "victim" card if you wish. Riot isn't going to do anything about scenarios like this or agree with your viewpoint that you were forced to switch roles so there's not really much else to say. You were told what you're expected to do in scenarios like this and if you choose to do otherwise, you have nothing to complain about.
loldudexd (EUW)
: Can we get some Renekton buffs? He's in the worst state he has ever been at..
I would rather see other champions get nerfed than Renekton get buffed. He already dominates some matchups super hard, it would be nigh impossible to win at all against him in lane if you buff him more.
: I'm not agreeing to anything. I was FORCED to play a role I didn't queue up for because my only other options were to dodge or lose.
> [{quoted}](name=Emperør Rhaast,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Jq4GaZ9J,comment-id=00090001,timestamp=2019-12-12T19:10:26.868+0000) > > I'm not agreeing to anything. I was FORCED to play a role I didn't queue up for because my only other options were to dodge or lose. As others have said, nobody is forcing you to do anything. I have never played a role I didn't want to if someone tried to hijack my role. Again, for all you know they may have dodged at the last second as this happens 90% of the time someone does this in my champ selects. It's highly unlikely they want to lose either or go into a game without a jungle so if they see you're not going to budge, they will either dodge or at least take smite on their champion. But if you switch to jungle, you're conceding your role to them. You played their game of chicken and lost. Not saying they're not dicks for doing that kind of stuff but it's not reportable because for all you know, they could just have switched to Smite and played Lux Jungle. It might have worked or it might not but they're allowed to play what they want.
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Bu3Axf7l,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-12-12T18:58:29.587+0000)There's not really a good way for you to get a poll of community opinion beyond trying it I feel. Which we did previously, and we got a lot of backlash for it. We've talked about the possibility and determined that, at this time, we are not going to be locking all voting, although the option remains on the table and we may revisit it if the need arises.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Bu3Axf7l,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-12-12T19:00:10.494+0000) > > Which we did previously, and we got a lot of backlash for it. We've talked about the possibility and determined that, at this time, we are not going to be locking all voting, although the option remains on the table and we may revisit it if the need arises. What about removing downvoting? Is that possible and has it been discussed already? Perhaps removing downvoting will at least prevent good topics from being hidden although it still wouldn't stop the issue of vote manipulation entirely. I believe it has been experimented with on the Gameplay+ board I but I'm not sure what the end results of that was.
: wait did the rito support undo ur ban? i'm really curious did u try submitting a ticket?
> [{quoted}](name=Summoner SpeII,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xNrRhm9t,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-12-12T18:56:07.806+0000) > > wait did the rito support undo ur ban? i'm really curious > did u try submitting a ticket? Well I've got an update on the situation... The bad news is that Riot support did not undo my ban. The good news is that I was never really banned in the first place as this was a satirical post. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
LEAFERA (EUNE)
: why does hot look like this?
We have a downvote brigade problem. A group of people with multiple accounts intentionally downvoting threads via a Discord server.
: It's irritating, certainly. The thing is that, when we disabled voting in the past, we discovered the community *really* likes voting, and valued the features that require voting to work, such as the **Boards Home Page**, the **Hot** post sorting option, **Discussion View**, etc. The community has also seemed pretty good at looking for vote-manipulated threads, self-identifying them, and keeping good threads in **Recent** by posting on them and engaging in discussion. As a result, I'm not sure we're at the point where the nuclear option is necessary, given how much it frustrated people last time.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Bu3Axf7l,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T15:02:20.499+0000) > > It's irritating, certainly. > > The thing is that, when we disabled voting in the past, we discovered the community *really* likes voting, and valued the features that require voting to work, such as the **Boards Home Page**, the **Hot** post sorting option, **Discussion View**, etc. The community has also seemed pretty good at looking for vote-manipulated threads, self-identifying them, and keeping good threads in **Recent** by posting on them and engaging in discussion. As a result, I'm not sure we're at the point where the nuclear option is necessary, given how much it frustrated people last time. I think it's a much bigger issue than perhaps what you're seeing. When you have an entire page of topics with -50 votes, none of those topics can become "Hot" posts. I've seen a lot of topics with good discussion that maybe have 10 upvotes suddenly have -50 and are buried. So what is the point of voting if only certain topics can see the light of day? It's gotten to point now where it's so rampant that you don't know if the topic has been vote manipulated or if people really just like/dislike what's being said. The Recent tab keeps tabs of active discussion but if that is all that the community can use reliably, then why have the voting feature at all? If voting is disabled at least every topic has the same chance at being noticed. I'm aware it's not ideal but I feel like something needs to be done or the boards are going to continue to devolve into a giant mess.
: Got permabanned 4 years ago
Ask Support to delete the account altogether. It will free up the name and you will be allowed to register it again. You will have to start back at the beginning but you should be able to get your account name back. Had this happen to me several years ago with this account.
: Is not taking support item a punishable offense?
You seem to have this notion that because the meta has traditionally has an ADC bot lane with a Support who gets a gold income item and funnels farm to the ADC that the game must be played this way. There are plenty of other strategies who run a duo carry bot lane and share CS. You think because you queued ADC that you are now entitled to the CS bot lane, which is false thinking on your part. Being that many people believe support income items aren't worth buying anymore, you will see a lot more people not purchasing the item and just sharing farm bot lane. You don't own the lane, you are sharing that lane with another person. If you don't like that, you should go to a solo lane where you likely won't have to share farm at all. tl;dr: A support is not your bitch. Stop acting like you own bot lane.
: That or they are not thinking of Dragon Soul assume you mean the regular effect of Cloud. Which of course isn't movespeed anymore but ult cdr
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xNrRhm9t,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T13:40:44.780+0000) > > That or they are not thinking of Dragon Soul assume you mean the regular effect of Cloud. Which of course isn't movespeed anymore but ult cdr Mistakes were definitely made here. That Cloud dragon probably thought I was a pretty huge asshole after that.
: For once in a long time, I'm kind of excited for the next champ
Honestly, same here. He's the first new champion that I've been interested to play since Aurelion Sol. It's almost like playing as Goku. Now I can walk around screaming "WHAT IS HIS POWER LEVEL?!!!!!!!!" every time I get a kill. Hard to say without playing the champ yet but it looks like the design team did a good job on this champ. Just hope he isn't way overtuned on release like Senna was.
: Hey, also disabled voting on this thread. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xNrRhm9t,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-12-12T12:56:43.864+0000) > > Hey, also disabled voting on this thread. > > If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: > > * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) > * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board I appreciate the work you do, sir! I would upvote you but you know...
: I disabled votes on this thread. OP, if you did not report in the post game, you can write a support ticket regarding these players. If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=8ils8gT6,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T12:32:01.462+0000) > > I disabled votes on this thread. > > OP, if you did not report in the post game, you can write a support ticket regarding these players. > > If you have any questions about this moderation action, don't hesitate to reach out to the Boards Moderation Team via: > > * The [**NA Boards Discord**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/7rtKBZLi-boards-moderation-discord-verification) > * The [**Discuss the Boards**](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation) sub-board Hey, can you do the same with my "Flaming Dragon" thread? That -50 is a real eye sore to look at. ;)
: Griefing through the act of not trying
It's reportable but I wouldn't expect anything to happen, at least not right away. Riot doesn't have a detection system in place that can tell the difference between griefing and bad play. Generally it's going to take several games of them being reported before their account gets manually reviewed. I have had success sending in support tickets before in extreme cases where someone was inting the entire game and had a long history of doing so but it's extremely unlikely they will get any kind of punishment if it's just a single game.
Rioter Comments
: I do understand that the trigger word was kys now, but writing it once and never have had a ban before this seems odd. I would understand if I wrote it like 2 or 3 times lol. Yeah, I usually call them by the champs they're playing, but I thought calling him by his IGN was quite funny in the context (He died to an invade while being semi-afk).
> [{quoted}](name=AndyBarrelRoll,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0MlbQlQE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-12-12T11:51:47.640+0000) > > I do understand that the trigger word was kys now, but writing it once and never have had a ban before this seems odd. I would understand if I wrote it like 2 or 3 times lol. Yeah, I usually call them by the champs they're playing, but I thought calling him by his IGN was quite funny in the context (He died to an invade while being semi-afk). It is a bit concerning that the bot is unable to differentiate between usage of the term "kys" or accidental usage as it could lead into people baiting other people into saying it without understanding the meaning or the consequences. It's not like a racial or homophobic slur which also would lead to automatic bans as well. I assume most people know what "kys" means what what if someone doesn't and simply asks what does "kys" stand for? Would they be automatically banned as well? But anyway that appears that's what happened here. The term "kys" is a zero tolerance term that leads to an automatic ban and skips straight to a 14 day suspension. Not sure when they made it that way because I know back in S4 and S5 people used that term left and right without any consequences but now I would avoid using that term or anything remotely close to it in the future to be on the safe side.
: Just got a 14 day ban for Flaming Dragon
Damn, either the downvote bot brigade noticed my post and has a contempt for satire or people on the boards really have a soft spot for dragons.
: Haven't you seen the videos where in the chat Dragon talks in the chat?
> [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xNrRhm9t,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-12-12T05:37:00.107+0000) > > Haven't you seen the videos where in the chat Dragon talks in the chat? https://i.imgur.com/iLBkXru.gif[/IMG]
: while i wouldn't recommend those words at anytime. I would take this one up with support. The bot can't understand you were joking to dragon.
> [{quoted}](name=A Real Troll,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xNrRhm9t,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-12T05:29:59.477+0000) > > while i wouldn't recommend those words at anytime. I would take this one up with support. The bot can't understand you were joking to dragon. Who said I was joking? These new dragons are assholes.
Rioter Comments
: is there anyway to automute a person on this forum? citing delusion as a reason?
> [{quoted}](name=A Real Troll,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=klYe4QGA,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-12T03:39:06.355+0000) > > is there anyway to automute a person on this forum? citing delusion as a reason? Download the Boards Enhancement Kit. There is a blacklist option that lets you hide users if you so choose.
Admeia (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=OneMustFall,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvRlFNMQ,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-12-12T01:07:23.000+0000) > > 60 downvotes cause someone wants to unbench the Kench! lol > > There was a time when Tahm felt fairly balanced and then there was a period of time last season where he was absolutely disgusting top lane and I never wanted to see him played again. Season 9 ruined Tahm Kench twice I feel. If we could go back to Season 8 Kench, I think he could go back to being a viable pick again but not completely oppressive the way he was last season. Well the downvotes was actually due to a mass downvote bot on the main page sadly. People actually liked this post.
> [{quoted}](name=Admeia,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EvRlFNMQ,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-12-12T01:08:36.482+0000) > > Well the downvotes was actually due to a mass downvote bot on the main page sadly. People actually liked this post. Yeah I'm aware. I'm just poking fun at the downvote bridgade that someone there doesn't like Tahm. It's a Discord server of multiple people, not a bot.
: Something's wrong I can feel it
https://i.imgur.com/kzktuYO.gif[/IMG]
: The State of Tahm Kench
60 downvotes cause someone wants to unbench the Kench! lol There was a time when Tahm felt fairly balanced and then there was a period of time last season where he was absolutely disgusting top lane and I never wanted to see him played again. Season 9 ruined Tahm Kench twice I feel. If we could go back to Season 8 Kench, I think he could go back to being a viable pick again but not completely oppressive the way he was last season.
: What hero is the most OP
Superman. He has it all. Invincibility, freeze breath, laser eyes and can fly. Extremely overloaded kit compared to any other hero out there and definitely needs nerfs.
: Is it Unrealistic to Get My Main Role I Choose When I Queue For Solo/Duo Ranked?
I usually get my primary role (Top) but when I don't I'm usually autofilled Jungle. Which means I either trade or I dodge. I really don't get the point of autofill in low elo, all it does is artificially decrease queue times and increase dodging while simultaneously lowering the quality of matches. But people have been shitting on it for years and nothing has changed so it's probably not going to go anywhere.
: there is such a thing as cleanup timers on accounts with no activity. the fact that you encountered this means you haven't played in over 2 years and the system freed up the name for someone else. the system was constructed to free up cool usernames desired by others so that they would still be available if the person who took them first started playing league then quit. the only option you have is to change your name or wait 300+ days if the accounts in question on the same server as you goes inactive for as long as you did, which is highly improbable since those new players would likely be using their new chosen name for a long time to come. its not at all a matter of fairness. you have only yourself to blame for not logging in once in a while
> [{quoted}](name=Hecarim Himmler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVfLPAy4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-11T22:40:06.937+0000) > > there is such a thing as cleanup timers on accounts with no activity. the fact that you encountered this means you haven't played in over 2 years and the system freed up the name for someone else. the system was constructed to free up cool usernames desired by others so that they would still be available if the person who took them first started playing league then quit. > > the only option you have is to change your name or wait 300+ days if the accounts in question on the same server as you goes inactive for as long as you did, which is highly improbable since those new players would likely be using their new chosen name for a long time to come. > > its not at all a matter of fairness. you have only yourself to blame for not logging in once in a while I feel like you completely missed Riot's announcement on merging League accounts to Riot accounts. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-924-notes Near the bottom. Freshen up.
rujitra (NA)
: Riot does not ban people because you assume they will troll. Nor will they start enforcing a champion/role/spell meta by banning certain things just because you assume they will be trolls.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mRmJVAgA,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-12-11T23:32:40.791+0000) > > Riot does not ban people because you assume they will troll. Nor will they start enforcing a champion/role/spell meta by banning certain things just because you assume they will be trolls. And nobody claimed they did. Stop trying to strawman people's topics, it's completely pointless and juvenile. Acting deliberately obtuse and pretending like the Nunu wasn't going to troll the game is just silly.
rujitra (NA)
: You don't have an "adc" assigned. The player is assigned "bot" role. He wants to go Nunu bot? He's allowed to. Nobody will **ever** be punished simply for their choice of champion and/or summoner spells. People will not be punished for trolling behaviors unless they actually troll. There is no enforced champion/role/build/summoner spell combination. Period. You know what I'd do if I or a friend had first pick and a teammate decided to ban Senna after she came out? I'd go Veigar or Cassiopeia bot lane with heal and exhaust. You know how many of those games I lost? **Less than 20%**. You know what's even better? I know for a fact that those people got pissed off that they knew I did it only because they were a jerk and banned my champion. Is that trolling? I mean, if Riot changes the rules, sure it may be. But under the current rules, I'm allowed to pick whatever champion I want for whatever reason I want. As far as the current community consensus goes, nobody actually wants "role locking" like they have in OverMeme. Anyone know if they're going to keep it in OverMeme 2 given the amount of backlash they got for implementing it in OverMeme 1?
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mRmJVAgA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-12-11T23:06:51.173+0000) > > You don't have an "adc" assigned. The player is assigned "bot" role. He wants to go Nunu bot? He's allowed to. Nobody will **ever** be punished simply for their choice of champion and/or summoner spells. People will not be punished for trolling behaviors unless they actually troll. There is no enforced champion/role/build/summoner spell combination. Period. > > You know what I'd do if I or a friend had first pick and a teammate decided to ban Senna after she came out? I'd go Veigar or Cassiopeia bot lane with heal and exhaust. You know how many of those games I lost? **Less than 20%**. You know what's even better? I know for a fact that those people got pissed off that they knew I did it only because they were a jerk and banned my champion. > > Is that trolling? I mean, if Riot changes the rules, sure it may be. But under the current rules, I'm allowed to pick whatever champion I want for whatever reason I want. As far as the current community consensus goes, nobody actually wants "role locking" like they have in OverMeme. > > Anyone know if they're going to keep it in OverMeme 2 given the amount of backlash they got for implementing it in OverMeme 1? The point isn't the pick. Taking Nunu with Ghost/Cleanse is heavily implying that you're going to troll the game because that is the champ that trolls tend to prefer to pick for whatever reason. It's not a guarantee but it's inferred that when someone picks weird summoner spells and Nunu that they plan on trolling and inting unless you dodge because you banned their champ.
0cool1 (NA)
: "You have no clue as to whether those users are even using that name as their username." Cool, but then why can't the support team tell me that? I get a response from a riot employee with no information or explanation as to who gets that unique name. Also, why can't usernames have a number ID with them, that way if usernames overlap, there can be a number to uniquely identify them? What I need is an explanation, not "nobody has any way of knowing how many people actually use the same username as you.", cause I guarantee that at least Riot knows.
> [{quoted}](name=0cool1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVfLPAy4,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-12-11T21:40:42.641+0000) > > "You have no clue as to whether those users are even using that name as their username." > > Cool, but then why can't the support team tell me that? I get a response from a riot employee with no information or explanation as to who gets that unique name. > > Also, why can't usernames have a number ID with them, that way if usernames overlap, there can be a number to uniquely identify them? > > What I need is an explanation, not "nobody has any way of knowing how many people actually use the same username as you.", cause I guarantee that at least Riot knows. Because they can't give you information as it pertains to someone else's account. Unique identifiers isn't a route Riot has chosen to go at this time. Perhaps they don't have the ability to set up their database that way right now or maybe they don't feel like it's worth the trouble to change things. You're not going to get an explanation any better than what has been told to you here on the boards. Riot won't tell you how many other people are using your username and they're not changing the process or requirement to change your username. You're like two weeks late to the uproar that happened and Riot is very aware of how many people were upset of having to change your username after having it since the beginning. Your situation is not unique as many other users including myself had to change their usernames against our will. But as of right now, Riot has no plans on changing their process or coming up with a better solution regarding this issue.
: Whats your weakness that holds you back?
Exact same haha. I get stuck OTPing Off Meta picks. I only play one champ for a long period of time and then I switch to another off-meta pick and do that for a while. Rinse. Repeat. Right now I'm playing {{champion:15}} top. Before that it was {{champion:89}} top and then {{champion:40}} top. I don't switch either so if {{champion:15}} gets banned I'm usually out of there. I don't know, once I get used to a champion's kit, I really only want to play them. I've climbed into Silver every season doing this so I find it fun. I would like to get to Gold on this account but I think what happens is by the time I really feel like I've mastered my champion and start climbing, I'm ready to switch to some other off-meta thing and start the process over again.
0cool1 (NA)
: Thank you for leaving a response, Thank you, I realized my mix up with Username and Display name. My issue Is with how Riot disregarding the disparity between the playtime and history I've put in the game compared to the other two. These are relatively new accounts, and yet they don't seem to care. I was told "Really am sorry as the only thing I can suggest is to update your username. Q__Q" .... which while not rude, is not helpful. And I can't even login to my pbe account for some reason. SO cant check lol. Thanks for posting.
> [{quoted}](name=0cool1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MVfLPAy4,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-12-11T19:50:10.018+0000) > > Thank you for leaving a response, > > Thank you, I realized my mix up with Username and Display name. My issue Is with how Riot disregarding the disparity between the playtime and history I've put in the game compared to the other two. These are relatively new accounts, and yet they don't seem to care. > > I was told "Really am sorry as the only thing I can suggest is to update your username. Q__Q" > .... which while not rude, is not helpful. > > And I can't even login to my pbe account for some reason. SO cant check lol. Thanks for posting. You're still not getting what's being said here. You have no clue as to whether those users are even using that name as their username. There could be another guy who's had the account since Season 2 in EU who has that username but his summoner name is JohnnyTouchMeGood. You're only able to view people with the same Summoner name as you, which you found 3 other people. There could be 10 other people with the same username. It's unlikely but nobody has any way of knowing how many people actually use the same username as you.
Show more

OneMustFall

Level 216 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion