: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Bz5qQa1I,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2018-08-11T14:32:32.571+0000) > > Is there any reason why Riot doesn't make it more difficult for players to make an account on the NA servers? Depends. Why do you want accout creation to be difficult? Riot promotes banned players creating another account and playing more, so I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at lol
> [{quoted}](name=The Highest Noon,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Bz5qQa1I,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2018-08-11T14:41:04.125+0000) > > Depends. Why do you want accout creation to be difficult? Riot promotes banned players creating another account and playing more, so I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at lol He mentioned, and Riot too, that they don't want a "prisoners island" of toxicity. Which is fair enough. But as others have mentioned, there is one, to an extent, in the lower levels. As far as we know, not many players actually return after a ban, or they are not as toxic when they do. BUT there are enough to make it noticeable. Not to mention, that if a player knows how easy it is to make a new account... well in the words of a once great comedian "don't matter to me, I'll just make another one looks just like ya..." But if they have been "educated" (lightly) on how to ban system works and understand that they won't be able to come back from that point, possibly they would "not be able to control myself as my fingers slung slang of slanderous slop." and actually consider it a bit more. My post was more or less two ideas, but strung together. I really do think the main problem might be a lack of information (again, willfully or not).
: How to Propose Punishment System Changes
Is there any reason why Riot doesn't make it more difficult for players to make an account on the NA servers? If I remember correctly, on the Korean servers you need a SSN (or equivalent of SSN) to make an account. Now, I wouldn't personally want to make an account based on my SSN, but I think someone earlier mentioned a phone number. Or some other individualizing number, that are more difficult to obtain than making an email "Geof0000001@juno.com". And then maybe making bans a little bit harder to get, while also maybe informing the players a little bit better about what is expected. I know the players all have to "read" the TOU, but maybe have some mock-classroom tutorial where they learn what IS and what is NOT appropriate to say and/or do while playing. I don't know, maybe that wouldn't work at all, but I think what alot of players might suffer from (willfully or not) is just a lack of information of what will get them banned.
Joetri10 (EUW)
: Riot doesn't listen AT ALL to feedback (Confirmed due to Evelynn Skin)
> Riot doesn't listen AT ALL to feedback (Confirmed due to Evelynn Skin) This is false, confirmed by https://twitter.com/thejanellemj/status/922991244476690432
Jàÿ (EUNE)
: Yeah.. true..
> [{quoted}](name=No0B HunteR,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MXBVc7JU,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2018-04-19T22:28:41.367+0000) > > Yeah.. true.. But, in case you didn't see it, https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/04/champion-roadmap-april-2018/ The next new champion looks like it might fit what you are desiring to see. :D
: I got banned on the account for intentionally feeding before i even understand what that term means
Glad to see the system is working as intended. And people say inters don't get punished...
: If you are Gold or below please stop talking on the forums
I believe this is satire. I dearly dearly ****hope**** this is satire...
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K4vcQj7E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-19T12:53:44.095+0000) > > It's because, by their nature, most ADCs cannot lane by themselves in a long lane. Either they would get out sustained or the jungler would just spend all his time there and kill them all game, as they are supposed to be the carry to end the game. > > So the support is there to protect the ADC and make sure they don't die and get fed. > > The support has evolved and does much more than this now. But that was the origional gist of them. > > ALSO, sidenote: as a support main I don't see any reason to downvote you for an inquiry into this. I too have wondered about it often. I would downvote you if this was intended to purely be a support bashing thread... But earnest discussion should never merit a downvote. lol :) I still find it extreamly borring. Get yelled at if you get any cs (even with the tank support item) get yelled at for ksing, get yelled at for dying, get yelled at because you DIDN't dive in the fight to die with the rest of the team. G et yelled at if you did not purchase Control wards every 2 mins in the game. no wonder people like me are salty, when we get auto filled into support, everyone is always yelling at us.
> [{quoted}](name=Law of John,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=K4vcQj7E,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-19T13:07:08.868+0000) > > I still find it extreamly borring. Get yelled at if you get any cs (even with the tank support item) get yelled at for ksing, get yelled at for dying, get yelled at because you DIDN't dive in the fight to die with the rest of the team. G et yelled at if you did not purchase Control wards every 2 mins in the game. no wonder people like me are salty, when we get auto filled into support, everyone is always yelling at us. I mean, I think you have more of a problem with autofill than supporting to be honest. If I were to ever get autofilled as... jg for example, I would get in trouble for not clearing efficiently, not ganking enough, not keeping key points warded, not keeping pressure off of other key areas, etc. It comes down to what you are used to and what you are good at. I **LOVE** playing support. I think it's the most fun in the game. I don't have to worry about CS whasoever. I just have to do the juicy part of laning, poking and positioning, and getting someone kills. Also, as long as you aren't trying to take CS when you don't have stacks from Relic Shield, you shouldn't be getting in trouble for "taking" CS then. If you are, they simply just don't know how your item works. lol Aaaaalso, you learn very quickly as a support, that unless your ADC is reasonable, you will get blamed for everything that goes wrong bot lane. Sad, but true. Just like in other lanes it is the JG's fault.
: Why is there a need for support?
It's because, by their nature, most ADCs cannot lane by themselves in a long lane. Either they would get out sustained or the jungler would just spend all his time there and kill them all game, as they are supposed to be the carry to end the game. So the support is there to protect the ADC and make sure they don't die and get fed. The support has evolved and does much more than this now. But that was the origional gist of them. ALSO, sidenote: as a support main I don't see any reason to downvote you for an inquiry into this. I too have wondered about it often. I would downvote you if this was intended to purely be a support bashing thread... But earnest discussion should never merit a downvote. lol :)
: I mean when theyre just running it down their lane and are 0-11-1, its a pretty clear indicator.
> [{quoted}](name=PhearBunny,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cNhjbAQ2,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-19T01:45:45.605+0000) > > I mean when theyre just running it down their lane and are 0-11-1, its a pretty clear indicator. I've played for about three years now and I have had maybe 2 players EVER who have done that. With that in mind, I can not even imagine the astronomical odds you must have had to have 7 of those in a row. Today is the day you should play the lottery.
: I just got suspended because I had a troll for support.
No one ever gets banned for anything anyone else does. Simple as that.
K1RBY (NA)
: Can We get a nerf on Cho and singed...literally 0 counter play
Then play Cho into Singed or Singed into Cho. "This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object..."
: 7 games. 7 int feeders.
How do you know they were inting? Did each one of those players for seven games say in chat "I am inting"?
Yenn (NA)
: Why am I encountering scripting players with hundreds of games at Diamond?
I would just ask how you would expect Riot to deal with the problem without any (or a very small number of) innocent casualties? I know for a fact they would like to hear it. Hackers are smart, so if Riot banned them right away they would quickly figure out how Riot's system was catching them and make adjustments. If Riot started hand reviewing every case, or even just ones deserving of serious consideration, they would have to hire literally thousands of more people just for that purpose. This is on top of the fact that saying that someone is for 100% scripting is ultimately a guess, unless you can go through his computer and find the program he is using. So with all of that in mind, how do you expect Riot to deal with this problem without any (or a very small number of) innocent casualties?
: High IQ flash tracking!
Bonus IQ: put a pan of quick baking cookies in the oven when someone flashes, so that you know when their flash is off cooldown, your cookies are ready.
Besteau (NA)
: Jikker has informed me that I should do a champion draw thread after my wedding stress is over.
Just popped in to say good luck on the wedding stress. Mine is the 21st (Saturday). It can get to ya...
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot NaKyle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PzY1ArN3,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-03-28T20:40:08.939+0000) > > Hey all, > > Spotted a bit of confusion about whether or not we dish out penalties to players who ask for reports. Just to be super clear, we don't. If a player used asking for reports as a leaping off point for actual harassment, that's when we'd blow the whistle. When we think about updates to Instant Feedback, we think about solving problems that really distract you from what matters: Winning the game. And this issue just doesn't chart that high. > > To give a bit more detail, we don't need to penalize for this because Instant Feedback is quite good at filtering out BS reports, and really only needs one to accurately decide whether or not penalties are warranted. If you're looking to make an impact on the community, the absolute best thing you can do is submit earnest, thorough reports when you see some shit you don't want in your game. I've gotta call you out on the lies that you're spewing. I talked to a riot employee requesting a review of my first 2 week ban that came from me requesting my team report the master yi who was running it down mid lane. I got reported and banned while he's still running it down to this day. Your report system also does nothing to punish players who troll.
> [{quoted}](name=ifishbro3,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PzY1ArN3,comment-id=0047,timestamp=2018-04-18T20:08:58.174+0000) > > I've gotta call you out on the lies that you're spewing. I talked to a riot employee requesting a review of my first 2 week ban that came from me requesting my team report the master yi who was running it down mid lane. I got reported and banned while he's still running it down to this day. Your report system also does nothing to punish players who troll. "Nothing" is a gross overstatement. It is just very difficult for them to identify trolls. Whereas it is very easy for them to identify verbal harassment... as it's all literally been documented for them. EDIT: also, nice necro...
: Unless Janna's Numbers Get Absolutely Gutted, She Will Remain as a Top Tier Support
I'm not saying she isn't strong. I mainly play Nami, but I could not play Janna for a couple months, pick her up again and earn straight S's. She is undeniably strong, especially in the right hands. BUUUUT, nerfing her is a bit awkward for several reasons, mostly to do with autofill. 1). People HATE getting autofilled... or so I hear. I'm a support main, so I don't hardly ever get filled (maybe once last season and not yet at all this year). So if Riot nerfs her, then less people will want to play support and then more people will get autofilled. 2). Venturing further down the rabbit hole: Janna is a simple champion. Again, this is undeniable. I think they have made her kit slightly more mechanically intensive over the last year, but she's still really easy to pick up. So if someone gets autofilled, they can easily just play Janna and it closes disparity between them and the support main on the other team. 2.5). People also hate getting off meta supports. They are not against the rules, but I can't tell you how excited I get when the other team gets an Ekko support. It will either be constant good fights, or we'll just eat them alive. More often it's the latter. But if you take away the easy, powerful supports then people will be more inclined to go with their off meta picks. So yeah, for me personally, I think Janna having such a high WR with such a high PR is due to autofill. Which I feel they could get rid of. And then maybe nerf her a bit. But those are just my 2¢ on this topic.
Budupops (NA)
: @RIOT STOP FKING IMPRISONING INNOCENT GAMERS
Methinks this might have been better received in the "Memes and Games" section of the boards.
Elfezen (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MXBVc7JU,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-04-18T14:19:35.960+0000) > > So in other words, trade in having dozens of interesting dynamics in order to turn this game into "DOOM the MOBA". > > I don't think you'll get very many people on board with that. I would venture a guess and say that **most** League players enjoy the fact that there are so many different kinds of characters in this game. > > Anime {{champion:157}} {{champion:141}} > Dark and gritty {{champion:236}} {{champion:238}} > Cartoony {{champion:117}} {{champion:142}} > Waifu {{champion:28}} {{champion:103}} > Funny {{champion:240}} {{champion:3}} > ETC. > > Every character brings something slightly different. Heck, we have two TREES who are completely different. > > But my point is that League will most likely make more gritty characters, sure. But their not going to make everything as edgy as possible in the meanwhile. These {{champion:103}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:238}} are pretty much anime as well
> [{quoted}](name=Elfezen,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=MXBVc7JU,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-18T14:35:49.742+0000) > > These {{champion:103}} {{champion:28}} {{champion:117}} {{champion:238}} are pretty much anime as well I mean waifu, to my understanding, is a weeb thing anyway. So that makes sense. And I would say almost every character in League is at least **slightly** anime. But that's just to do with League's style in general.
: LOL they've nerfed Relic shield like what, 3 times now, as well as their masteries. The only two tanks that are any issue at all atm are probably {{champion:12}} and {{champion:89}} . All of the other old school picks like Thresh (and sometimes Blitz) are shit. Braum is pretty niche and he just got nerfed. {{champion:223}} is getting nerfed this patch. And that's pretty much it. They're ass atm when you can just play a mindless champ like {{champion:267}} who can make picks like tank supports but provide useful utility like uber-strong healing or shields at safe ranges.
> [{quoted}](name=00Nightwing,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uqgRHu35,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-04-18T06:37:51.670+0000) > > LOL they've nerfed Relic shield like what, 3 times now, as well as their masteries. The only two tanks that are any issue at all atm are probably {{champion:12}} and {{champion:89}} . All of the other old school picks like Thresh (and sometimes Blitz) are shit. Braum is pretty niche and he just got nerfed. {{champion:223}} is getting nerfed this patch. And that's pretty much it. They're ass atm when you can just play a mindless champ like {{champion:267}} who can make picks like tank supports but provide useful utility like uber-strong healing or shields at safe ranges. Have you ever tried playing Nami? Just because someone doesn't stand in the front line and take blows to the head doesn't mean they are mindless.
: ***
Wow, this thread is basically just full of people complaining about the supports that they don't know how to play against. I agree with the OP that it's kind of boring to only see a couple of supports picked every game. I like seeing dynamic picks or varied stuff. I don't agree that tanks are super duper OP atm. I would say that is mainly an issue in pro play. They've been nerfing Relic Shield so much recently (I think there's been two recent nerfs to it?) that my gold income as Nami is typically at least double what there's is early game. > [{quoted}](name=Je suis Rubick,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uqgRHu35,comment-id=00050000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-18T06:23:52.844+0000) > > yea, hide yourself behind riot's shitty classification even when morgana does 100% what janna does but better, is able to have offensive AND defensive power, has laning phase that isn't shit against good players, and most of all is a threat by herself > > do that it's going to change the truth How on earth does Morgana do everything Janna does but better? Morgana's roams and map presence are not nearly as prevalent due to Janna's move speed. Morgana cannot displace an entire team with her ult (debatable, sure, but it doesn't. And Morgana's can be cleansed or QSSd easier) while also healing her whole team. Nor can she knock up several enemies at once with her Q. Nor can she shield against all damage. I'm also not saying Morgana isn't good. But in no way is what she does comparable to Janna.
Jàÿ (EUNE)
: Can we make the game more serious?
So in other words, trade in having dozens of interesting dynamics in order to turn this game into "DOOM the MOBA". I don't think you'll get very many people on board with that. I would venture a guess and say that **most** League players enjoy the fact that there are so many different kinds of characters in this game. Anime {{champion:157}} {{champion:141}} Dark and gritty {{champion:236}} {{champion:238}} Cartoony {{champion:117}} {{champion:142}} Waifu {{champion:28}} {{champion:103}} Funny {{champion:240}} {{champion:3}} ETC. Every character brings something slightly different. Heck, we have two TREES who are completely different. But my point is that League will most likely make more gritty characters, sure. But their not going to make everything as edgy as possible in the meanwhile.
Nikki (OCE)
: Report system requires a total overhaul
> [{quoted}](name=Nikki,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iX1XggvY,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-18T02:50:16.714+0000) > obviously they dogpile reported me. Not much to add that other haven't said, besides that there's no such thing as "dogpile" reporting. 1 report = 9, and the amount of reports (beyond 1) changes the system's decision exactly 0. EDIT: also, Yasuo is indeed a viable ADC. I have a friend that I duo with and we do it all the time and probly have like a 70% WR with that.
: by letting riot and people in general set the invisible line of what "flaming" is i said no derogatory comment i simply spoke the facts the truth of what was happening in game, in fact they dont even give u teh full chat wich is half cocked anyway lmao u only see one side of the convo...any sentence with heini in it was a response to somehign he said .... any game that bans on you on chat in 2018 anyway is a fukin joke its the internet if your easily offended grow some fukin ballz game controlling free chat banning account while dazzlling fukers with new skins everyday ... i knw a money grab when i see one gl to u all , play a real game
> [{quoted}](name=MyMoneyOnCD,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=N11davQ4,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-18T01:37:18.326+0000) > > by letting riot and people in general set the invisible line of what "flaming" is i said no derogatory comment i simply spoke the facts the truth of what was happening in game, in fact they dont even give u teh full chat wich is half cocked anyway lmao u only see one side of the convo...any sentence with heini in it was a response to somehign he said .... any game that bans on you on chat in 2018 anyway is a fukin joke its the internet if your easily offended grow some fukin ballz game controlling free chat banning account while dazzlling fukers with new skins everyday ... i knw a money grab when i see one gl to u all , play a real game Yeppers. They targeted you specifically for this. They knew you that with the large sum of money that you own, the best course of action was to ban you so they could then take all your money. Mwahahahaha *removes tin hat* Oh, wait...
Azadethe (NA)
: I'm Diamond III. What do I know.
> [{quoted}](name=Azadethe,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xlVEfBrX,comment-id=0001000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-17T03:20:56.593+0000) > > I'm Diamond III. What do I know. Sure. I'm Faker. Therefore I can rank shame you all I want and am obviously the supreme authority on the game no matter what you say. /s
ThaweeOo (NA)
: NOOOBS GET OUT OF RANKED!!! Stop being selfish and being a drain. Come back when u have learned more
Let's assume you always do well, never troll, always play absolutely optimally. That leaves **fours** slots left on your team for people who are the opposite of all of those things (feeders, bad version of off meta, play inefficiently, etc.). The enemy team then has **five** possible trolls, feeders, etc. They have the greater chance of getting you, the prime example of a non-bronze player, fed enough to carry. I know you said not to say this, but the fact of the matter is that you are the **only**common denominator between **all** of your games. Just as I am the only common denominator in all of my games.* Once I stall out (and I have) I know that I simply am not playing at the level of players at a higher MMR than me. *This is assuming of course we are not playing with a duo partner. You can feel like your team is too heavy to carry all you want, but if that were the case then no one would be able to climb out of any elo. The statistics simply don't add up to what you say they do.
: you don't HAVE TO turn it off i almost never communicate in league but i'm this '' close to say racist shit when i see a 0/10 teemo adc in my games
> [{quoted}](name=need a namexD,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zFvsF0kd,comment-id=0005000000000000000100010000,timestamp=2018-04-17T14:25:06.880+0000) > > you don't HAVE TO turn it off > i almost never communicate in league but i'm this '' close to say racist shit when i see a 0/10 teemo adc in my games But why should players who just want to play the game and not get flamed have to deal have the disadvantage of not being able to see their teams chat? And I understand getting frusterated at teammates. We all do. (TPing to fight bot when he could just get the open inhib top just a few games ago) And there are proper ways to express that frustration. Yell, swear, stomp your feet, eat a snickers, etc. But why on earth should another player have to completely disable their team chat so that other people are able to use hate speech?
: make an option to remove chat in interface for people that don't wanna be punished for intruding peoples safe space cus it's 12+ {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
> [{quoted}](name=need a namexD,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zFvsF0kd,comment-id=00050000000000000001,timestamp=2018-04-17T14:00:53.935+0000) > > make an option to remove chat in interface for people that don't wanna be punished for intruding peoples safe space cus it's 12+ > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}} Because the chat is there for a reason other then being toxic. The chat is intended to be used for communication between teammates.
rinxx (NA)
: Best Support to Master ?
Actually, I played very similarly (mostly Janna with some Sona and Raka and Karma thrown in) and one day I picked up {{champion:267}}. Her kit is similar to theirs, while being dozens of times better. Imho, she does everything all of them can do, but it synergizes a bit better. And I picked her up almost instantly. Overnight I went from floating between bronze 3-2 all the way up to high silver. (I could be higher, but I simply don't feel like putting in that level of effort...) Picking between the champions you listed, I like Janna the best. But of the skins, I like Star Guardian Raka the best. If you go with Nami, I would without a doubt recommend buying her SKT skin whenever you get the chance.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=TalesofRick,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AJmhJ93c,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-04-17T06:23:52.076+0000) > > You're right. Clearly he is very immature. I mean he's just going around whining, calling people names that he clearly doesn't understand, being in general inflammatory, and wishing death upon people... Oh wait... that was you...
: ATTENTION CHERMORG IS ABUSING HIS POWER!
It made me slightly physically ill to read an entire page just to figure out what this thread was about. Only to find out it's just someone who doesn't like authority.
: > [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wHMoEpEX,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-16T19:22:08.267+0000) > > <Opened minesweeper> > > <Clicked first box> > > <Bomb, game over> > > Fuck this game. goddamn silver microsoft balance team has no idea what they're doing
> [{quoted}](name=penguin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wHMoEpEX,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2018-04-17T02:48:54.414+0000) > > goddamn silver microsoft balance team has no idea what they're doing It is 22:37 central time, I have been creeping on the boards all day, and this is the first thing I have seen all day that has made me legitimately laugh out loud.
: Then LOL should make a segregated playing option for people who prefer to smack talk and have fun. You can't cater to one type of person and slap the other on the wrist. I've made my decision though already. I'm done with League. Will be uninstalling here shortly
> [{quoted}](name=Puss E Pounder,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=zFvsF0kd,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T21:10:29.255+0000) > > Then LOL should make a segregated playing option for people who prefer to smack talk and have fun. This is only a problem is someone is having fun at someone else's expense. Which is pretty much universally agreed upon as being bad. > You can't cater to one type of person and slap the other on the wrist. They can actually. I don't know why you would think they can't. They cater towards good players (as they win games) rather than bad players (they lose games). So why can't they cater towards nice players who follow rules (they don't get punished) rather than toxic players who break the rules (chat restrict eventually, ban if they don't learn from it). > Ive made my decision though already. I'm done with League. Will be uninstalling here shortly Bye. It sounds like a break might be good for yoou anyway. :)
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dP2MnB1v,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-04-16T20:15:47.991+0000) > > In general: yes? I mean, as others have mentioned, you will have to narrow it down. > > But there are hundreds or thousands of fairly large mods for games like Skyrim and any of Sid Meier's games. Alright, I'll narrow it down. Are there any good mods for Breath of the Wild or Skyrim (where can I find them if so)? Also, I wasn't aware that Sid Meier's games have mods. I love the Civilization games so I may take a look at those. Are there any mods for Civilization 3 that let's it run on Windows 8.1 (I have the disk version).
> [{quoted}](name=Cloud273,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dP2MnB1v,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-04-16T20:20:01.173+0000) > > Alright, I'll narrow it down. Are there any good mods for Breath of the Wild or Skyrim (where can I find them if so)? Also, I wasn't aware that Sid Meier's games have mods. I love the Civilization games so I may take a look at those. Are there any mods for Civilization 3 that let's it run on Windows 8.1 (I have the disk version). My child, you are in for a world of wonder and amazement. Sid Meier's makes his games TO BE modded. It's one of the reasons for his success. I am unsure about large mods for Civ III, as I mostly played the base game. That was my gateway drug though. Then I went to Civ IV and got (I think this was it) the "Beyond the Sword" expansion. (I think that's the only expansion you would need for this one...) and then I downloaded a mod call "Fall From Heaven". I spent more hours playing and messing around with that mod than I will ever play on League. It. Was. Awesome. It was basically a complete overhaul of the units, Civilizations, abilities, etc. They added an entire magic system. They gave more purpose to religion in that mod than they have in Civ VI. lol Unfortunately that was years ago and my brother was the one who finds stuff like that. So I am unsure exactly where to find that kind of stuff. I'm about as tech/internet as an amish field mouse. But I'm sure if you poke around the Sid Meier's forums you can find out. :) PS: The two downsides to mods is that they tend to be a bit buggier than the game, and knowing which ones to get. But the bugs can largely be ignored and I would likely just Google "best mods for Civ III" or something like that and you should be able to find some sweet sweet mod swag. :)
: I'm not going to say that Diana is not an assassin, but she is classified as a fighter primary. Diana shouldn't be classified as a fighter but rather a burst assassin with high mobility. It would suit her playstyle more.
> [{quoted}](name=Rinkira45,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yAHw5IMc,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-04-16T20:14:35.181+0000) > > I'm not going to say that Diana is not an assassin, but she is classified as a fighter primary. Diana shouldn't be classified as a fighter but rather a burst assassin with high mobility. It would suit her playstyle more. That's interesting actually. I was always under the assumption she was an assassin. Followup unrelated possibly painfully obvious Q: where does one find their classifications?
Cloud273 (NA)
: Just a quick question about mods
In general: yes? I mean, as others have mentioned, you will have to narrow it down. But there are hundreds or thousands of fairly large mods for games like Skyrim and any of Sid Meier's games.
: Short answer: Yes the ToS is a legally binding contract. Short clarification: Yes, that being a legally binding contract violates several legal precedents set in every other industry in dozens of countries. Short question: At what point in time will the general populace begin to care more about the legalities of the internet products they use rather than the ease with which they use them?
> [{quoted}](name=oOBestEveNAOo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4Njgq8e0,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-04-16T20:04:09.454+0000) > > Short answer: Yes the ToS is a legally binding contract. > > Short clarification: Yes, that being a legally binding contract violates several legal precedents set in every other industry in dozens of countries. > > Short question: At what point in time will the general populace begin to care more about the legalities of the internet products they use rather than the ease with which they use them? I can't really answer your question, as it would be complete hearsay. I tend to stay away from that. But a counter question: at what point do most people care at all about negative aspects of the contract that they have signed? Specifically speaking for online/digital contracts.
: What is your favorite animal and what is mine?
Without a doubt, to both questions: Otters. {{sticker:sg-lux}}
: Minesweeper will kill League of Legends
People said this a couple years ago about Solitaire. But now League's stream have risen above it again. Nothing will dethrone the king... Unless someone comes along with some kind of arachnid based Solitaire game or something...
: First off. I like you. Second, reporting a crime on league is not reported a crime at all. It’s reporting that someone broke rules. Riot doesn’t make laws. I think reporting cheating is the only acceptable thing to ban for. I actually believe that you don’t flame people, just based on the extent to which you have gone to communicate with reason. I don’t know but I believe it. You’re too reasonable and even tempered, or so it seems. I have a buddy who is exactly like this he never flames. I however do get mad and sometimes flame up badly. I’ve been suspended multiple times, have no regret about it, and only threatened people if I were to be perma banned I’d actually try to exact revenge to riot with a lawyer because I paid a lot of money. Probably not enough money to be worth the lawyer, but the justice in my eyes would be worth it for all the gamers that are subjected to this kind of baloney. I think perma bans is stealing because you just take what people paid for, but allow them access to the game with a new account. Pointless unless you want to steal people’s money. Just giving my opinion on this, please don’t inform me of the ToU, I know it well. Anyhow, again, I like conversing with you, thank you.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-04-16T05:51:33.903+0000) > > First off. I like you. > > Second, reporting a crime on league is not reported a crime at all. It’s reporting that someone broke rules. Riot doesn’t make laws. > I think reporting cheating is the only acceptable thing to ban for. If you will, Riot is their own domain and they can create their own laws (rules) within their domain*. Riot has a set standard for what is bannable. Whether it be a ban for trolling or being toxic or cheating. *This is assuming of course that their "laws" don't strip the player of his/her basic human rights and a few other restrictions. > I actually believe that you don’t flame people, just based on the extent to which you have gone to communicate with reason. I don’t know but I believe it. You’re too reasonable and even tempered, or so it seems. I have a buddy who is exactly like this he never flames. Why thank you. After one works with children for so many years, and I am still relatively young, it is not difficult to have a lot of patience. > I however do get mad and sometimes flame up badly. I’ve been suspended multiple times, have no regret about it, and only threatened people if I were to be perma banned I’d actually try to exact revenge to riot with a lawyer because I paid a lot of money. > Probably not enough money to be worth the lawyer, but the justice in my eyes would be worth it for all the gamers that are subjected to this kind of baloney. Well I'm glad you haven't been banned. I actually do not desire for people to be banned. But I do understand how it is good business to keep certain groups of people out of the game. This is not the best example, but I work at camps in the summer (an advantage of working in the school system) and there was one camp that I worked at where we were just outside of a city. And we would sometimes get some children from rougher neighborhoods because their parents would earn scholarships for them to come for free. (this is the main reason this isn't a a great example, it was free (but even then, someone's money **was** on the line and no refunds were given). But rather it is an example of why it is good business to keep a inflammatory crowd away from your other "customers" or people you are serving.) I had several weeks one summer where a child in my cabin would be... unruly. And it was ruining the week for my other campers. Now, I'm not talking like he smelled funny or something. He was always getting into fights, verbal (but only because I would step in), he would never do as he was told, so it would take extra long to get places or was unsafe, etc. And it was ruining my other camper's experience. Riot is simply trying to keep inflammatory people from ruining an experience. And they have leniency. You said you've been suspending several times, but not banned. > I think perma bans is stealing because you just take what people paid for, but allow them access to the game with a new account. Well a couple things. I'll start with the second phrase. They have no airtight way to stop people from making new accounts. IP bans are a thing of a bygone era. They are simply not effective anymore. And ID bans only work if the person streams what he/she is playing. And even then, notorious Tyler1 had an ID ban put on him, but he was able to play and level an account off stream. Secondly, I don't see how purchasing from Riot games is any different than renting a house, EXCEPT that when I purchase a license to use Riot's property I am not paying a continuous sum of money. Again, I am renting a duplex where I can't own a pet (larger than a fish. (I do not own a fish (I will not own a fish (smaller than a dolphin))). If my renter finds out I am storing my clan of otters in the bathtub, he has every right to instantly kick me (and my otters) out with no refund due to the nature of the contract I signed when moving in. This is because I signed that contract and then I breached that contract knowing full well he had every right to do that, and because even though I am the one living here, he is ultimately the one who owns it. With Riot, one signs the contract, knowing full well that they do not own it (therefore they are more or less "renting" it or rather licensing it), and that if one breaches that contract one will not being receiving any kind of refund. But if you don't think these two things are comparable, how so? > Pointless unless you want to steal people’s money. Just giving my opinion on this, please don’t inform me of the ToU, I know it well. A kind of read your post as I go. So I guess I did that thing you didn't want me too. But I seem to have already typed it out so... oops. > Anyhow, again, I like conversing with you, thank you. As I do you.
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T03:32:47.345+0000) > > I mean that was barely even a side point in what I was trying to say. But me and some of my friends were being a bit to rambunctious after a party at Taco Bell and I think they felt as though we were making their other customers uncomfortable. So they politely asked us to leave. We did and all was well with the world. > > No, they did not revoke our access to their tacos, but there was also no contract signed beforehand. Also, as would be natural with perishables such as a cheesy gordita supreme combo, they did not retain their ownership of the item that I had purchased after the exchange of money. > > Now, as for the second part of your previous post: > You mention the way people's brains work. > > Yes, because how a person processes information now can be unhealthy for how they will process information in the future. > > I have worked in several different schools and school systems and day cares etc. One minor example would be if I have a child who uses a word wrong. I don't let him continue on thinking he is fine to use that word incorrectly. I had a child who thought "illiterate" was something to do with owning a cat. Now, yes, I had a chuckle at first, but I made sure to help him understand why that was incorrect. > > Another example is when I have two kids who get into a fight. One kid might have clearly antagonized the other kid and then the other one hit him. When I break them up and sit them down both of them will think that the other one is at fault. It is then my job to, in a caring manner, explain to them why they are both in the wrong and to help them understand that. > > I am not saying their brain is a risk to their health. I am saying that their brain is not processing information the correct way at times. And it is my intent to help them to understand that. > > But, I will agree that it is difficult to understand the broad subject of one's mental well being from what they write. But what people choose to write does give a good indication for how their brain is working. That is why writing papers for high school and especially college and beyond is so important. > > I'm not trying to find a brain tumor. I'm trying to find fallacious thought processes and bring them to light. > > Maybe its a child? Why would you call a child with limited life experience and thus wisdom an unhealthy thinker? You know they are subject to short-sightedness and emotions, which isn't healthy is lead to the extreme, but its normal for the young people. > > People can only rise to the standard they are held to. Whether they hold themselves to that standard or someone else does. Children included. I hold my children in my classrooms to higher standards than alot of others. I see no reason to lower my expectations just because of "limited life experience". Sure, I'm not going to expect a nine year old to do complex algebra, but I can certainly expect and five year old to show remorse for wronging another person. > > "but what if they haven't been taught that yet in their short life" Well then it is about time. It's never too soon to learn how to think in a healthy manner. > > Why should you doubt that? I mean, I guess you have no reason to believe me either. But expecting someone to change, when they are clearly not thinking about something in a correct manner is not wrong on my part. I can care about someone deeply and expect them to change something in their life. > > I can love a relative who is a flaming racist and expect him to change at the same time. Or care for a student who punches anyone who looks at him wrong and still expect him to not do that anymore. > > I don't know why that is hard to believe. But let’s not forget that this is a game, not a school, or public market, or church. Words like unhealthy, or toxic are like lying now days, because instead of talking, people just use those labels and avoid real reconciliation between player conflict. Now all you need do is dismiss players as toxic and get rid of them with reports. This is like using the N word, because it’s dehumanizing, demonizing, and avoids accountability of facts. Unhealthy used in the context feigns justice but really is a lie by pretending you are caring for others, when all it is doing is dismissing people and their thoughts as wrong without investigation. We don’t have time to always investigate, true, but we shouldn’t use dishonest words to dismiss people either. When you say a person is processing something wrongly, you’re just stating your own opinion only, and you might want to call it what it likely is, the person is angry. People have the right to get angry and be competitive. People also have the right to say whatever they want, and if you deem them a demon and get them banned, you’re only perpetuating a horrible problem in gaming. You’re not supposed to talk trash in these games, but it happens because boys will be boys, but words are only words. If you have a feint heart, you shouldn’t play this game. If someone says something mean, is it then okay to be evil yourself back to that person? How is that acceptable? This is just getting revenge, which is only ever destructive. If you really want to rehabilitate someone who is trash talking or trolling, try to appeal to the person politely and humanize yourself, also the person trolling, and have a discussion if possible. I had a game recently where a person got mad and gave up, and after the game there were angry exchanges but it mellowed out, we talked about the mistakes and we eventually wanted to try playing together and do well. We won three games in a row and are now friends. I hope you get my side, and enjoy this story.
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T05:04:57.970+0000) > > But let’s not forget that this is a game, not a school, or public market, or church. I was actually discussing about the boards. I realize the game is not the place to try and correct someone's behavior. All I simply have to do is mute and report them. I was assuming our discussion was limited to the boards since that's what the topic above is about. > Words like unhealthy, or toxic are like lying now days, because instead of talking, people just use those labels and avoid real reconciliation between player conflict. Now all you need do is dismiss players as toxic and get rid of them with reports. This is like using the N word, because it’s dehumanizing, demonizing, and avoids accountability of facts. I mean, it's not lying persay. I guess it's painting a broader picture than I want. Let's say instead of unhealthy, the kind of thought process I see on the boards are illogical, fallacious, and opinion ridden rather than fact driven to name a few. Any well read person would know that each of those things are very dangerous ways of thinking. They will not ultimately help the person in life. and it is best if they are addressed rather than being ignored. > Unhealthy used in the context feigns justice but really is a lie by pretending you are caring for others, when all it is doing is dismissing people and their thoughts as wrong without investigation. I do investigate. I listen to what they have to say and how they respond. And it typically continues to be illogical, fallacious, and opinion ridden rather than fact driven. > We don’t have time to always investigate, true, but we shouldn’t use dishonest words to dismiss people either. This is true. But I can only tell what a person is trying to say based on what they tell me/the boards as a whole. > When you say a person is processing something wrongly, you’re just stating your own opinion only, and you might want to call it what it likely is, the person is angry. > People have the right to get angry and be competitive. People also have the right to say whatever they want, and if you deem them a demon and get them banned, you’re only perpetuating a horrible problem in gaming. People absolutely do have a right to get angry competitively. They absolutely do not have the right to express it in wrong ways though. Just as a professional sports player can get angry about how a ref didn't call a holding penalty or something. He has every right to be angry and stomp off to his sideline. But he does not have every right to punch the opposing player in the face. It's not about trying to prevent anger. We can all agree that is not possible. But it is very possible to express that in better, less volatile ways. > You’re not supposed to talk trash in these games, but it happens because boys will be boys, but words are only words. If you have a feint heart, you shouldn’t play this game. Boys will be boys, and sometimes, they do flame a bit. I'm not virtue signalling, but I have never flamed in a game once in my life. And I have played a significant number of games over the last couple of years. So it is very possible to never even be a candidate for being banned. But League does also allow for people flaming in games. But when it becomes a pattern rather than a temporary disposition is when they will begin to give you a punishment. (this is assuming one does not use hate speech of any kind) > If someone says something mean, is it then okay to be evil yourself back to that person? How is that acceptable? This is just getting revenge, which is only ever destructive. No it is not ok to be evil back? League bans people for being toxic/mean/inflamatory/etc. whether they were the instigator or not. Unless you are implying that reporting someone is "evil" in which case 1). are you not just using a buzz word just like you accused me of above? and 2). how is that evil? Is it evil to report a crime the police? > If you really want to rehabilitate someone who is trash talking or trolling, try to appeal to the person politely and humanize yourself, also the person trolling, and have a discussion if possible. > > I had a game recently where a person got mad and gave up, and after the game there were angry exchanges but it mellowed out, we talked about the mistakes and we eventually wanted to try playing together and do well. > We won three games in a row and are now friends. > > I hope you get my side, and enjoy this story. I actually act similarly to this in games if I don't just mute the person. I never flame back or ask for reports (especially since asking for reports is pointless. 1 report = 9 reports). But again, I am not talking about trying to rehabilitate people in game. I was mainly addressing your issue of why people act the way they do on the boards.
Zelorxon (EUW)
: I feel sad for you, because if it was some years ago i would have assumed that you were trolling, but you kids nowadays are too stupid to even troll, i don't even know what is what you're doing... I also feel sad because you actually invested a moderate amount of time writing all that pile of excuses and bullshit that no one beside a moron would ever believe, and i also find sad your copypasted reddit phrases you probably think are cool or relevant in any way because another lowlife made you feel bad because you somehow managed to say something even lower than that guy. I feel sad, and scared, because if the future is in the hands of kids like you, that one day they will eventually become adults... Welp, don't make me think about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Zelorxon,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=FuH75bEZ,comment-id=0004000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T04:15:34.563+0000) > > I feel sad for you, because if it was some years ago i would have assumed that you were trolling, but you kids nowadays are too stupid to even troll, i don't even know what is what you're doing... > I also feel sad because you actually invested a moderate amount of time writing all that pile of excuses and bullshit that no one beside a moron would ever believe, and i also find sad your copypasted reddit phrases you probably think are cool or relevant in any way because another lowlife made you feel bad because you somehow managed to say something even lower than that guy. > I feel sad, and scared, because if the future is in the hands of kids like you, that one day they will eventually become adults... > Welp, don't make me think about it. Ok, clearly you have no desire to have an inteligent discussion. Ad hominem is the fallacy where you try to attack a person rather than have a discussion. One uses it when one cannot actually articulate an argument. So, you can either decide to actually discuss my points, or keep attacking me. But it certainly does not make you look any smarter to keep avoiding the subject. Or you could keep racking up points on fallacies. That's cool too.
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T13:24:31.381+0000) > > But it is more or less (slightly less) the same as renting something. A I do live in a rented duplex at the moment. I signed a contract saying I am not allowed to have pets. If my Landlord found out that I have a cow living in my basement he would have full rights to kick me out. > > But let's say I knew he would have to give me a full refund for my time here if he kicked me out. Would I not then just tell him, or show him that I have that cow so as to force him to kick me out and give me that refund? Sure, that would not be honest on my part, but he is taking away his goods and services. So I should get a refund, yeah? No. I broke the contract, knowing full well that I would not get a refund. > > It's the same thing with League players, except for them to rent their digital items they do not have to pay a continuous amount of money. But did Riot not provide them with the goods they expected? Did they not get enjoyment out of them for the time that they had them? Did Riot not 100% of the time uphold their end of the deal (save for bugs and stuff)? Riot provided the Riot points for their purchase. Riot would have let the consumer maintain access to that forever if they had upheld their end of the deal. > > No, it is not rehab. But every game of any reputation on the internet has some TOU with similar things in them, or eventually develops one. It is simply to keep unsavory people that ruin other's gaming experience out of the game. Maybe Riot is more strict than others, but the fact of the matter remains that everywhere has these. > > Furthermore everywhere in life has an expected code of conduct. Unless you work at an... anarchy factory, everywhere expects you to act a certain way, and if you try to act far enough outside of that, then you will often be asked to leave. > > **I was once kicked out of a Taco Bell... That is humbling.** > > The wording is very clear in the TOU. I am no lawyer, but they lay out eveything in simple language. So much so that 13 year olds can sign it (with a guardian). But I've already explained why it is not practical from a business standpoint or from a people-figure-out-how-to-play-the-system standpoint. > > I have a pressing matter to go to at the moment. I will respond more to this half later. When you were kicked out of Taco Bell, did they revoke your access to their Tacos?
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T13:39:26.288+0000) > > When you were kicked out of Taco Bell, did they revoke your access to their Tacos? I mean that was barely even a side point in what I was trying to say. But me and some of my friends were being a bit to rambunctious after a party at Taco Bell and I think they felt as though we were making their other customers uncomfortable. So they politely asked us to leave. We did and all was well with the world. No, they did not revoke our access to their tacos, but there was also no contract signed beforehand. Also, as would be natural with perishables such as a cheesy gordita supreme combo, they did not retain their ownership of the item that I had purchased after the exchange of money. Now, as for the second part of your previous post: >I still would like to know more about unhealthy. You mention the way people's brains work. Yes, because how a person processes information now can be unhealthy for how they will process information in the future. I have worked in several different schools and school systems and day cares etc. One minor example would be if I have a child who uses a word wrong. I don't let him continue on thinking he is fine to use that word incorrectly. I had a child who thought "illiterate" was something to do with owning a cat. Now, yes, I had a chuckle at first, but I made sure to help him understand why that was incorrect. Another example is when I have two kids who get into a fight. One kid might have clearly antagonized the other kid and then the other one hit him. When I break them up and sit them down both of them will think that the other one is at fault. It is then my job to, in a caring manner, explain to them why they are both in the wrong and to help them understand that. >Is that not the biggest insult to people in general? You're saying their brain is a risk to their health, which to me is way to complex to understand or even be able to accurately guess about based on some little blurb or post said person with the unhealthy thinking writes on the forums. I am not saying their brain is a risk to their health. I am saying that their brain is not processing information the correct way at times. And it is my intent to help them to understand that. But, I will agree that it is difficult to understand the broad subject of one's mental well being from what they write. But what people choose to write does give a good indication for how their brain is working. That is why writing papers for high school and especially college and beyond is so important. I'm not trying to find a brain tumor. I'm trying to find fallacious thought processes and bring them to light. Maybe its a child? Why would you call a child with limited life experience and thus wisdom an unhealthy thinker? You know they are subject to short-sightedness and emotions, which isn't healthy is lead to the extreme, but its normal for the young people. People can only rise to the standard they are held to. Whether they hold themselves to that standard or someone else does. Children included. I hold my children in my classrooms to higher standards than alot of others. I see no reason to lower my expectations just because of "limited life experience". Sure, I'm not going to expect a nine year old to do complex algebra, but I can certainly expect and five year old to show remorse for wronging another person. "but what if they haven't been taught that yet in their short life" Well then it is about time. It's never too soon to learn how to think in a healthy manner. >So what really are you saying? You really care about people, and their health so much, that when you say they are unhealthy with their words and posts, you're saying they should change it, and you're trying to help them? >Hmm..... I doubt that for some reason... Why should you doubt that? I mean, I guess you have no reason to believe me either. But expecting someone to change, when they are clearly not thinking about something in a correct manner is not wrong on my part. I can care about someone deeply and expect them to change something in their life. I can love a relative who is a flaming racist and expect him to change at the same time. Or care for a student who punches anyone who looks at him wrong and still expect him to not do that anymore. I don't know why that is hard to believe.
Zelorxon (EUW)
: This is so 2018 it's almost poetic. Can't wait for the earth to bolt out of it's orbit (FYI: it's round, it's not flat despite what you firmly believe) and crash into the sun, this is the only hope we all have.
> [{quoted}](name=Zelorxon,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=FuH75bEZ,comment-id=00040000000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-16T02:11:07.873+0000) > > This is so 2018 it's almost poetic. > Can't wait for the earth to bolt out of it's orbit (FYI: it's round, it's not flat despite what you firmly believe) and crash into the sun, this is the only hope we all have. Nice comeback bro. Super cool to see that while I have taken the time to present you with real factual statements, you think you can have the upper hand in a conversation by attempting to belittle someone by throwing out a straw-man argument. Clearly you have won the internet with that fallacy. Oh wait...
: I was banned once and despite changing my ways, I'm still getting punished for my toxic behavior, which I claim isn't my fault. I hate Riot and I hate this game, but I can't stop playing and can't admit to myself that I hate the person I am, and rather than be a man and change, I'm gonna agree with OP. This game is bad, my team mates are bad, RIot games is bad and can't design games. I'll downvote anyone who disagrees and go through their post history and down vote everything they have ever said. Also, WHY IS NO ONE WATCHING MY TWITCH CHANNEL EVEN THOUGH I POST A LINK IN EVERY GAME I WIN OR LOSE?
> [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=Jd2OUlfE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-04-15T01:24:40.191+0000) > > I was banned once and despite changing my ways, I'm still getting punished for my toxic behavior, which I claim isn't my fault. I hate Riot and I hate this game, but I can't stop playing and can't admit to myself that I hate the person I am, and rather than be a man and change, I'm gonna agree with OP. This game is bad, my team mates are bad, RIot games is bad and can't design games. > > I'll downvote anyone who disagrees and go through their post history and down vote everything they have ever said. Also, WHY IS NO ONE WATCHING MY TWITCH CHANNEL EVEN THOUGH I POST A LINK IN EVERY GAME I WIN OR LOSE? You are perfect example of why I will parrot the oppinion that League is dying as if it was a fact. My anger + your anger = league dying. You better make me happy League. Otherwise the math shows you won't make it much longer. And no one can prove me wrong. Mostly because I did not prove me right. But nevertheless I have won with no challenger to stand against my flame. Mwahahahaha
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T04:37:21.904+0000) > > This is good. I think everyone can agree that they want changes made that are good for the game, whether or not they agree on what the current problems are is a different issue. > > I actually don't particularly care about the LCS, so I am fairly unread on that front. > > When I say unhealthy, I'm not speaking about anything related to League. I am speaking about how a persons brain works or does not work. > > There is a significant number of players who have (supposedly) read the TOU, therefore knowing the consequences for their actions, flame some poor bystander in a game for having a poor showing, and then blame Riot and/or that player for their account ban. The majority of the post about account bans in the player behavior boards are like this. That is an unhealthy thought process because it shows that the player is unable to understand that there are consequences for their actions. > > A very similar thing about the players who sign the TOU but think they can ignore it completely and are shocked when Riot held them to it. This is unhealthy because contracts are fairly commonplace in western culture. If you can't be trusted to hold to your word when you've signed a contract, how can anyone trust you to with every day affairs. > > Then of course there are the tin foil hat people who seem to think that everything in Riot is one giant conspiracy. They are shocked when Riot tries to make money and act like they are on to something. So once they figure that out they look for where Riot is getting all this money from. "well that's why they ban accounts... that's why they release new champions op... etc." But Riot is bringing in so much money from their normal avenues, why would they even try to milk money from the less then 1% of people that get banned. > > These ones are just a little crazy. Like flat earth crazy. > > Money doesn't change anything. If they made people sign the TOU after they gave them money, then sure. But since someone signed that legally binding contract and THEN spent money (to buy something you won't even own (it is still 100% Riots property), just have access to) and THEN got banned, knowing full well what would happen, Riot is fully in their rights to come down on them. > > I've spoken with many people who try to say that it's not fair, but it comes down to whether your word means anything in the first place. Or in other words, they call themselves out for being liars, but not in so many words. I completely disagree with you about contracts and the ToU. Why? The Terms of Use is attempting to override existing laws, and it can't do that. Lets say you walk into the supermarket, and everything in the super market is owned by them, and by walking into the store you agreed to a ToU that says the same thing Riot's ToU says. Lets then say that you see a banana and buy it. When you pay money for the Banana, you own it because you made a transaction. But if you broke the rules in the supermarket, they could keep the banana from you for 2 weeks. Do you think this makes any sense at all? Did you rent the things you paid for with money at the store? How about renting a home? When you rent a home, but for some reason your landlord notices you did something that wasn't nice, then the land lord bans you from living there for two weeks as punishment. You don't own the home, and are renting it, and according to the ToU for Riot, you don't get access to it when they say so. Does this in any way make sense to you? How can you even begin to back the whole ToU and understanding the consequences of your actions argument? The internet won't change, and Riot isn't a behavior rehabilitation center either. This is a game that they integrated the internet and chat into it and didn't want to solve for that problem so they instead steal people's money by revoking access to shit they bought from them, which is both morally wrong and legally wrong. Do you have to sign a contract to buy a banana from the supermarket? No. But you pay money and there is an understanding. Can you expound upon this any further than I can, because that is how its understood, so why even bring up contracts? When you pay money, there is a transaction, a purchase, and there are certain guarantees. If Riot wants to ban people, they need to refund people their money or not have anything be paid at all. Once you have money involved, they can't steal it by taking stuff away, and wording it to be misleading or flat out lying to get away with it, doesn't make it okay or right. I still would like to know more about unhealthy. You mention the way people's brains work. Is that not the biggest insult to people in general? You're saying their brain is a risk to their health, which to me is way to complex to understand or even be able to accurately guess about based on some little blurb or post said person with the unhealthy thinking writes on the forums. Maybe its a child? Why would you call a child with limited life experience and thus wisdom an unhealthy thinker? You know they are subject to short-sightedness and emotions, which isn't healthy is lead to the extreme, but its normal for the young people. So what really are you saying? You really care about people, and their health so much, that when you say they are unhealthy with their words and posts, you're saying they should change it, and you're trying to help them? Hmm..... I doubt that for some reason...
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T12:23:18.288+0000) > > I completely disagree with you about contracts and the ToU. > > Why? > The Terms of Use is attempting to override existing laws, and it can't do that. > > Lets say you walk into the supermarket, and everything in the super market is owned by them, and by walking into the store you agreed to a ToU that says the same thing Riot's ToU says. > > Lets then say that you see a banana and buy it. When you pay money for the Banana, you own it because you made a transaction. But if you broke the rules in the supermarket, they could keep the banana from you for 2 weeks. Do you think this makes any sense at all? Did you rent the things you paid for with money at the store? > How about renting a home? > When you rent a home, but for some reason your landlord notices you did something that wasn't nice, then the land lord bans you from living there for two weeks as punishment. You don't own the home, and are renting it, and according to the ToU for Riot, you don't get access to it when they say so. > Does this in any way make sense to you? But it is more or less (slightly less) the same as renting something. A I do live in a rented duplex at the moment. I signed a contract saying I am not allowed to have pets. If my Landlord found out that I have a cow living in my basement he would have full rights to kick me out. But let's say I knew he would have to give me a full refund for my time here if he kicked me out. Would I not then just tell him, or show him that I have that cow so as to force him to kick me out and give me that refund? Sure, that would not be honest on my part, but he is taking away his goods and services. So I should get a refund, yeah? No. I broke the contract, knowing full well that I would not get a refund. It's the same thing with League players, except for them to rent their digital items they do not have to pay a continuous amount of money. But did Riot not provide them with the goods they expected? Did they not get enjoyment out of them for the time that they had them? Did Riot not 100% of the time uphold their end of the deal (save for bugs and stuff)? Riot provided the Riot points for their purchase. Riot would have let the consumer maintain access to that forever if they had upheld their end of the deal. > How can you even begin to back the whole ToU and understanding the consequences of your actions argument? The internet won't change, and Riot isn't a behavior rehabilitation center either. This is a game that they integrated the internet and chat into it and didn't want to solve for that problem so they instead steal people's money by revoking access to shit they bought from them, which is both morally wrong and legally wrong. No, it is not rehab. But every game of any reputation on the internet has some TOU with similar things in them, or eventually develops one. It is simply to keep unsavory people that ruin other's gaming experience out of the game. Maybe Riot is more strict than others, but the fact of the matter remains that everywhere has these. Furthermore everywhere in life has an expected code of conduct. Unless you work at an... anarchy factory, everywhere expects you to act a certain way, and if you try to act far enough outside of that, then you will often be asked to leave. **I was once kicked out of a Taco Bell... That is humbling.** > Do you have to sign a contract to buy a banana from the supermarket? No. But you pay money and there is an understanding. Can you expound upon this any further than I can, because that is how its understood, so why even bring up contracts? > > When you pay money, there is a transaction, a purchase, and there are certain guarantees. > If Riot wants to ban people, they need to refund people their money or not have anything be paid at all. > Once you have money involved, they can't steal it by taking stuff away, and wording it to be misleading or flat out lying to get away with it, doesn't make it okay or right. The wording is very clear in the TOU. I am no lawyer, but they lay out eveything in simple language. So much so that 13 year olds can sign it (with a guardian). But I've already explained why it is not practical from a business standpoint or from a people-figure-out-how-to-play-the-system standpoint. > I still would like to know more about unhealthy. > You mention the way people's brains work. > > Is that not the biggest insult to people in general? You're saying their brain is a risk to their health, which to me is way to complex to understand or even be able to accurately guess about based on some little blurb or post said person with the unhealthy thinking writes on the forums. Maybe its a child? Why would you call a child with limited life experience and thus wisdom an unhealthy thinker? You know they are subject to short-sightedness and emotions, which isn't healthy is lead to the extreme, but its normal for the young people. > > So what really are you saying? You really care about people, and their health so much, that when you say they are unhealthy with their words and posts, you're saying they should change it, and you're trying to help them? > > Hmm..... I doubt that for some reason... I have a pressing matter to go to at the moment. I will respond more to this half later.
xelaker (NA)
: deaths over 10 flags you for investigation, deaths over 15 puts you on a ban until you are cleared.
> [{quoted}](name=xelaker,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=1K0GB3bg,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-04-15T05:37:33.665+0000) > > deaths over 10 flags you for investigation, deaths over 15 puts you on a ban until you are cleared. But that wouldn't be good for the game. People would be so worried that they might reach that threshhold, that they would afk in the fountain at 14 deaths. Or people would be far more worried about padding their stats than playing the game aggressively and taking risks, which is what makes the game exciting. Furthermore, a simple death counter is a fairly superficial way means of determining whether someone is inting. There is perfectly legitimate reasons to have 10-15-20+ deaths depending on the game. If the enemy laner is just **that** much better than you, after two deaths he will be able to kill you no matter what you do. And some people don't know what to do at that point besides goo to lane and wait for a gank that will probly never come. Or a support that keeps sacrificing himself for his ADC. His death counter is naturally going to be higher than everyone elses. I had one game I played where my ADC ended with almost a death every two minutes. reason was because AP Malphite built specifically so that he could ULT+full combo her before she landed and she'd be dead. And he followed her all game and made her life a living hell. That was through no fault of her own, but my entire team blamed her for inting. **A system to prevent trolls and inters should almost (less than .1% of the time) NEVER be felt by the broader community.** It would have more of a negative effect on League than the trolls and inters already do.
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-04-14T13:54:43.797+0000) > > I admire and acknowledge that you actually want a discussion. > > I just find it ironic to be surprised that there are fanboys for League on a forum for League. It, to me, is like being surprised there are a lot of Christians in a church or Jews in a synagogue. > > As far as "fanyboism" goes, maybe if one would look back through my post history one might say I am a fanboy (though I wouldn't say so. There are definitely things I think Riot could be doing better) I find it to be reactionary to people who simply flame because they had a bad game and blame Riot for it, or who think they have more information about the game than Riot does by looking at op.gg, or people who think the TOS mean nothing, or people who think that using factual non-fallacious statements are for a bygone era, etc. > > All of those things I just listed annoy me because they aren't healthy cognitively. True, it is nice to have a good discussion that actually breeds something fruitful. But that is not generally going to happen with someone who is clearly not thinking rationally. Yes I want a discussion. I want changes made to better the game. Being surprised that fanboyism exists so strongly on the forums isn't the same as being surprised that there are jews in a synagogue, League of legends isn't a religion, its a game that is trying to pretend its competitive by putting on a front called the LCS. You know the LCS is nothing like real league. You also know that other things about it too I am sure, and I'll let you say whatever about it. League has a similar group of people to the fighting game community, and the anime community that all think it should be more like anime in all respects which also contributes to everything sucking more as well. I can go into that in further detail if you want. All the things you mentioned that annoy you are "not healthy" why? What does "not healthy" mean to you? Is someone going to get sick, injured, or killed? I just want to figure out why people use words like unhealthy, and toxic instead of saying what is actually going on. ToU is something that means something, until you get money involved, then it becomes muddy. If you want to talk about that in more detail we can. {{champion:45}}
> [{quoted}](name=DBS Ronovon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HfwaXnFT,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T03:59:51.499+0000) > > Yes I want a discussion. **I want changes made to better the game.** This is good. I think everyone can agree that they want changes made that are good for the game, whether or not they agree on what the current problems are is a different issue. > Being surprised that fanboyism exists so strongly on the forums isn't the same as being surprised that there are jews in a synagogue, League of legends isn't a religion, its a game that is trying to pretend its competitive by putting on a front called the LCS. > You know the LCS is nothing like real league. You also know that other things about it too I am sure, and I'll let you say whatever about it. I actually don't particularly care about the LCS, so I am fairly unread on that front. > All the things you mentioned that annoy you are "not healthy" why? What does "not healthy" mean to you? Is someone going to get sick, injured, or killed? I just want to figure out why people use words like unhealthy, and toxic instead of saying what is actually going on. When I say unhealthy, I'm not speaking about anything related to League. I am speaking about how a persons brain works or does not work. There is a significant number of players who have (supposedly) read the TOU, therefore knowing the consequences for their actions, flame some poor bystander in a game for having a poor showing, and then blame Riot and/or that player for their account ban. The majority of the post about account bans in the player behavior boards are like this. That is an unhealthy thought process because it shows that the player is unable to understand that there are consequences for their actions. A very similar thing about the players who sign the TOU but think they can ignore it completely and are shocked when Riot held them to it. This is unhealthy because contracts are fairly commonplace in western culture. If you can't be trusted to hold to your word when you've signed a contract, how can anyone trust you to with every day affairs. Then of course there are the tin foil hat people who seem to think that everything in Riot is one giant conspiracy. They are shocked when Riot tries to make money and act like they are on to something. So once they figure that out they look for where Riot is getting all this money from. "well that's why they ban accounts... that's why they release new champions op... etc." But Riot is bringing in so much money from their normal avenues, why would they even try to milk money from the less then 1% of people that get banned. These ones are just a little crazy. Like flat earth crazy. > ToU is something that means something, until you get money involved, then it becomes muddy. If you want to talk about that in more detail we can. > {{champion:45}} Money doesn't change anything. If they made people sign the TOU after they gave them money, then sure. But since someone signed that legally binding contract and THEN spent money (to buy something you won't even own (it is still 100% Riots property), just have access to) and THEN got banned, knowing full well what would happen, Riot is fully in their rights to come down on them. I've spoken with many people who try to say that it's not fair, but it comes down to whether your word means anything in the first place. Or in other words, they call themselves out for being liars, but not in so many words.
: Rp
So I was curious and looked it up. I think you would submit a ticket and see where to go from there. Here's a link to a ticket: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
: > [{quoted}](name=Onecimus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XXn8UEo8,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-04-15T03:48:04.337+0000) > > Sometimes they have been known to give a small amount of RP for that last little bit for a skin if you draw them a picture. How do i send them the drawing?
> [{quoted}](name=dadrunkcheese,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XXn8UEo8,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-04-15T03:57:41.706+0000) > > How do i send them the drawing? This... I am unsure of. Some people post them on the boards. I've never thought much about it or researched it as... I cannot draw... But I'm sure you could Google it or use the search bar to find out. best of luck to you summoner. :)
Show more

Onecimus

Level 89 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion