: Her AP ratios are garbage.
her damage is garbage. her ultimate at 1000+ AP deals a maximum of 600 damage. IF all of them hit.
: Patch 9.4 Notes
so uh are we still not going to adress the super buggy E of hecarim while we are looking at him power wise?
: Out off curiosity, what is your problem w/ mage supports? Is it just traditional APCs competing in the support champion pool, the current meta and game state, risk-reward atm, or? I would also argue that this change is only a potential slight buff to supports who keep themselves on a small leash. It takes quite a while for that 5% gold increase to match dumping your tribute stacks w/ poke before backing. I want to say that this change is as controversial as your post in general, but I don't know if there's a way to easily suss out who are the support mains and who are just some random SELFISH blokes.
> [{quoted}](name=Glaricion,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wLWJVH8U,comment-id=0006000100010000,timestamp=2019-02-14T22:18:55.382+0000) > > Out off curiosity, what is your problem w/ mage supports? > > > Is it just traditional APCs competing in the support champion pool, the current meta and game state, risk-reward atm, or? > > > I would also argue that this change is only a potential slight buff to supports who keep themselves on a small leash. It takes quite a while for that 5% gold increase to match dumping your tribute stacks w/ poke before backing. > > > I want to say that this change is as controversial as your post in general, but I don't know if there's a way to easily suss out who are the support mains and who are just some random SELFISH blokes. the problem with mage supports (like brand, anivia, and zoe) is that they are built like mid lane mages and they just hoard gold. making it a very hard strategy to counter without just directly copying the strategy or directly countering the support. the fact that a brand support that got his adc 2 kills can also now 2v1 in lane for extended amounts of time effectively while his now fed adc roams is just not fun to fight against.
: People seem to be forgetting that the alternative is a new, very un interactive and un enjoyable playstyle emerging that people complain about for weeks before Riot decides to do anything about. I've been playing games all day today, as support, and haven't really noticed a drop in the overall amount of gold I'm generating per game and even if it is slightly lower, I'd happily take these changes if it meant stopping such a boring playstyle emerging.
> [{quoted}](name=Toþykachu,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wLWJVH8U,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-13T02:47:38.620+0000) > > People seem to be forgetting that the alternative is a new, very un interactive and un enjoyable playstyle emerging that people complain about for weeks before Riot decides to do anything about. I've been playing games all day today, as support, and haven't really noticed a drop in the overall amount of gold I'm generating per game and even if it is slightly lower, I'd happily take these changes if it meant stopping such a boring playstyle emerging. I agree I didnt even know the changed happened and I was just playing support earlier. I literally didnt notice a difference.
Rioter Comments
RedX209 (NA)
: 1,387 days since the last {{champion:101}} skin. My strength is waiting to be restored.
1,373 days since the last {{champion:26}} skin. but they are restoring my strength.
Sukishoo (NA)
: Unfortunately it won't happen. People think that these can be put into customs permanently as an easy fix but that is far from the reality of it Each patch comes with various changes to champions, item, summoner spells, you name it. Everytime they do this they have to go through and make sure these balances as they call them, are tuned to every part of the game. So if they were to have multiple custom options they'd have to go through that every single time in order to make sure those modes don't break or malfunction. It's much easier to put these into a rotation set up that comes along every few months as it's much less time consuming and they can then continually bring out new modes and features as well. -- If however you mean that want them in customs when the modes are online, they did state the new client didn't yet have the capability to do so but they were working on it. As of Nexus blitz, I'm sure it's been solved.
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pU3msmUZ,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-01-10T14:12:17.479+0000) > > Unfortunately it won't happen. People think that these can be put into customs permanently as an easy fix but that is far from the reality of it > > Each patch comes with various changes to champions, item, summoner spells, you name it. Everytime they do this they have to go through and make sure these balances as they call them, are tuned to every part of the game. So if they were to have multiple custom options they'd have to go through that every single time in order to make sure those modes don't break or malfunction. > > It's much easier to put these into a rotation set up that comes along every few months as it's much less time consuming and they can then continually bring out new modes and features as well. > > -- > > If however you mean that want them in customs when the modes are online, they did state the new client didn't yet have the capability to do so but they were working on it. As of Nexus blitz, I'm sure it's been solved. you see, as long as the game functions in general it is okay. we don't care about balancing for these modes. we care about being able to play them because we like them. and making them function is something they have to do when they rotate the game mode on live servers and PBE anyways so I don't see why it would be that big of a deal.
: Like I said, you choose the champions whose main damage isn't their abilities. If you go on champions like Riven, either their base damage is super low to compensate for the higher scaling (Riven Q is 25-65 damage or 75-195 for all 3, W is 55-175). Renekton has a 150% scaling on his non-rage empowered W but his base damage is 15-135. You actively say that its 0.9-1.4 AD Ratio, but have you actually looked at the total damage? How many mages have you seen with a base damage of 15 on a rank 1 ability? Ahri's is 80. On the other hand, anything with approximately 200-250 damage has a 70% AD scaling. To say that AD champs will be able to use AAs and cite the 1:1 factor implies that we would be able to use it. You have to be realistic and understand that there is so little chance to actually AA in a teamfight, which is when mages excel due to their AOE damage, even more so if your mobility spells are on super high cooldown. That's why J4 isn't played as often, Nocturne is meh, etc. If we're melee, it's much harder to use our abilities and AAs since they'll likely also be short-range. Mages shouldn't be so damn efficient in that their scalings are higher, they get far more AP, and its AOE. Effectively, if your Ahri Q, Galio Q hits two or three people, the scaling just effectively doubled or tripled because you hit multiple people with an AOE spell. A Galio with Ludens, Rabadons, 10-Stack Dark Seal can have 535 AP and his Q can hit for 700 damage. No Baron either. AD Champions should peak at 400 AD or so and a Zed Shuriken will only hit for 472, not factoring in the fact that EVERYONE has a higher base Armor than MR, so it'll reduce to 300, whereas a Galio Q will only reduce to 600 damage (thanks to the magic pen). Tell me how that's fair? Scarra was even laughing about this shit: https://i.gyazo.com/9ef351958ec30916df3e5fa8bb160466.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Draconian565,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=oA7EoIrf,comment-id=00010000000100010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-23T16:37:29.909+0000) > > Like I said, you choose the champions whose main damage isn't their abilities. > > If you go on champions like Riven, either their base damage is super low to compensate for the higher scaling (Riven Q is 25-65 damage or 75-195 for all 3, W is 55-175). > > Renekton has a 150% scaling on his non-rage empowered W but his base damage is 15-135. You actively say that its 0.9-1.4 AD Ratio, but have you actually looked at the total damage? How many mages have you seen with a base damage of 15 on a rank 1 ability? Ahri's is 80. > > On the other hand, anything with approximately 200-250 damage has a 70% AD scaling. > > To say that AD champs will be able to use AAs and cite the 1:1 factor implies that we would be able to use it. You have to be realistic and understand that there is so little chance to actually AA in a teamfight, which is when mages excel due to their AOE damage, even more so if your mobility spells are on super high cooldown. That's why J4 isn't played as often, Nocturne is meh, etc. > > If we're melee, it's much harder to use our abilities and AAs since they'll likely also be short-range. Mages shouldn't be so damn efficient in that their scalings are higher, they get far more AP, and its AOE. > > Effectively, if your Ahri Q, Galio Q hits two or three people, the scaling just effectively doubled or tripled because you hit multiple people with an AOE spell. > > A Galio with Ludens, Rabadons, 10-Stack Dark Seal can have 535 AP and his Q can hit for 700 damage. No Baron either. AD Champions should peak at 400 AD or so and a Zed Shuriken will only hit for 472, not factoring in the fact that EVERYONE has a higher base Armor than MR, so it'll reduce to 300, whereas a Galio Q will only reduce to 600 damage (thanks to the magic pen). Tell me how that's fair? > > Scarra was even laughing about this shit: https://i.gyazo.com/9ef351958ec30916df3e5fa8bb160466.jpg well, you see, with AD you get the ability to deal consistent damage, and its rather easy to toss them in between abilities, so in actuality a full zed combo with 400 AD does 300 on shuriken, 250 is on E and 300 on auto plus 10% missing HP and then 300 + 212 from his ult and whatever dark harvest is at the time and on top of that if needed up to 500 from ignite and even another 300 from any more autos he may need to land (assuming the target is extremely high HP but for some reason low armor of course). so in retrospect, the full combo comes to well over 1362.5 damage not counting percent health, and how dark harvest will also factor into the ultimate damage. this is also calculated that the ult only deals 25% of all the damage that zed deals plus 100% of his AD. where galios combo comes in a respectable 1100 damage (not inlcuding ult) with about 600 AP
PhRoXz0n (NA)
: Crit Item Explorations
why don't you move crit from being a random chance mechanic. since that's very hard to intend to get lucky. and instead find a new way to make champions like adc's and such deal double damage with the intent to do so. similar to how you have stormrazer now, you know how and when to crit and can plan for it. like an item that makes you crit after you trigger a crit but doesn't work with its own crits. or an item that you can activate to crit 3 times. etc. or an item that would make you crit when someone is above 60% hp.
: Report Your Nexus Blitz Bugs Here!
game bug: iverns passive is completely non useable in this mode, not even the buff sharing mechanic to allow him to always get a buff.
Wuks (NA)
: [MEGATHREAD] Clash Issues & Bugs | Updated 4/14/18 6:35PM PDT
over this period i made a macro that allowed me to press enter on the lock in button every .25 milliseconds and it didn't accept any of them over the continuous press of the button. mathematically i pressed enter on the lock in button 120,000 times and it didn't accept a single one.
: Mic mutes when game starts
Interesting, Have you tried any new drivers for the mic?
Velfrith (NA)
: I genuinely wouldn't be surprised, its not even a meme at this point. they just love rengars shitty Q.
rengars Q isn't shitty, it does a lot more damage than you think. that ability type is rather powerful.
: If you're bad play support. Support isn't an easy role, it's actually pretty hard to do well in. But you don't have to CS so it's a good place to learn how to do things. Watch how your ADC does things and learn from that. Watch your jungler and see how he plays. Supports all about the macro so you're watching everybody anyway Pls don't play jungle if you're so bad that you "keep losing it for your team" though. Jungle's like... super important to winning
> [{quoted}](name=Revan Senpai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ipMJZ0ew,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-01-19T08:39:36.132+0000) > > If you're bad play support. Support isn't an easy role, it's actually pretty hard to do well in. But you don't have to CS so it's a good place to learn how to do things. Watch how your ADC does things and learn from that. Watch your jungler and see how he plays. Supports all about the macro so you're watching everybody anyway > > Pls don't play jungle if you're so bad that you "keep losing it for your team" though. Jungle's like... super important to winning its a joke my dude, a lot of the time, I'm feeding and stuff, don't get me wrong I have a lot of bad games. but its not because I don't know how to play I'm just WAY too ballsy for my own good, I will straight up 1v1 someone who has a gold lead on me and that's all I really need to work on honestly
Lew (NA)
: That's the icon for playing the Poro King game mode during [Snowdown ](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/snowdown-2016)2016.
> [{quoted}](name=Lew,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=TyPIZ7AE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-01-19T08:21:44.873+0000) > > That's the icon for playing the Poro King game mode during [Snowdown ](http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/skins/snowdown-2016)2016. thanks, I didnt hear anything about getting an icon so I was very confused
: Almost like there's four other people on your team. You can play perfectly. Your team can make flaws. Nobody in the world has a 100% winrate. Even if you have 52% you'll climb, and that's because it's a team game. You aren't expected to win every game. Not every game is winnable.
> [{quoted}](name=Revan Senpai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ipMJZ0ew,comment-id=0006000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-19T08:35:24.765+0000) > > Almost like there's four other people on your team. You can play perfectly. Your team can make flaws. Nobody in the world has a 100% winrate. Even if you have 52% you'll climb, and that's because it's a team game. You aren't expected to win every game. Not every game is winnable. but you said you can play perfectly, if they make a flaw a perfect player would make up for the flaw in merely seconds.
: Why do you want to play jungle? It is one of the most difficult roles to play in the entire game.... because the jungle has so many options so finding the best one is quite difficult compared with laners who can roam/TP yes but other then that usually stay in lane
> [{quoted}](name=Champion Skin,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ipMJZ0ew,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2017-01-19T15:39:52.940+0000) > > Why do you want to play jungle? > It is one of the most difficult roles to play in the entire game.... because the jungle has so many options so finding the best one is quite difficult compared with laners who can roam/TP yes but other then that usually stay in lane because the role is similar to chess in a way, I love strategy like that
: Early nickolodean was on point back in my day we watched shows like. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lmJrvzyEwWc/hqdefault.jpg http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/aaahhrealmonsters/images/e/e5/Aaahh!!!_Real_Characters.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100826124237 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/The_Angry_Beavers_title_card.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Pantheon Middle,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3EEwwEpR,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2017-01-19T07:58:41.520+0000) > > Early nickolodean was on point back in my day we watched shows like. > > https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lmJrvzyEwWc/hqdefault.jpg > http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/aaahhrealmonsters/images/e/e5/Aaahh!!!_Real_Characters.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100826124237 > https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/79/The_Angry_Beavers_title_card.jpg it was, I did too. its a thing on nick.com that they tried to do to promote the station, its really bad though.
: ADC's
what about {{champion:42}} ? he doesn't rely on a crit build like the other adcs, so maybe hextech gunblade and a tri force might put him ahead?
Rioter Comments
: ADC's
yeah but ziggs isn't an adc though, I appreciate the courtesy but I wanna see what adc or markmen champs I can play if I get autofilled there again, I went mf last game and I cant even begin to fathom being out damaged by a no damage items soraka that's two levels under me and losing a 1v1 to her. I literally wanted to just exit the game at that point, her auto's did more damage than mine, her abilities did more damage than mine and her keystone did more than mine too
: Never heard of it, is that what you use? I use Google image search and Microsoft Paint.
> [{quoted}](name=Pantheon Middle,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3EEwwEpR,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2017-01-19T07:04:05.075+0000) > > Never heard of it, is that what you use? I use Google image search and Microsoft Paint. nah, its a meme to use the nickolodean meme maker, its really bad
ExhibitD (NA)
: The columns for the advanced stats are not in line with the champion icons.
: > [{quoted}](name=KiteAzure,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kbEVfKFI,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2017-01-19T02:22:49.085+0000) > > ugh yes OMG KITE :)))))))))))
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=kbEVfKFI,comment-id=000d0000,timestamp=2017-01-19T03:12:41.608+0000) > > OMG KITE :))))))))))) is it this one? is this the person?
: Do you think Akali is SO HOT is HOT irl?
garren9 (NA)
: how did they film that?
> [{quoted}](name=Mallecke,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=64ZnLHTm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-01-19T03:14:10.486+0000) > > how did they film that? using a camera
: Jungle is the strongest role. But not every game is winnable. You can play a game perfectly and still lose. Anecdotal evidence means literally nothing
> [{quoted}](name=Revan Senpai,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ipMJZ0ew,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2017-01-19T06:15:21.843+0000) > > Jungle is the strongest role. But not every game is winnable. You can play a game perfectly and still lose. Anecdotal evidence means literally nothing that's not true, if you play a game PERFECTLY then that means no flaws, a loss is as a result of a flaw or many flaws.
Rock MD (NA)
: Riot has been putting way too much emphasis on the jungler over the last few seasons
please halp, I wanna jg because I'm bad and I keep losing it for my team :(
: http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/46/46d2efc05199c2d65ea89ca6ae3e40948398c9b1205aa69102f4a04b707faa2b.jpg
> [{quoted}](name=Pantheon Middle,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=3EEwwEpR,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-01-19T02:55:37.569+0000) > > http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/46/46d2efc05199c2d65ea89ca6ae3e40948398c9b1205aa69102f4a04b707faa2b.jpg did you use the nickolodean meme maker?
AD Yuumi (NA)
: Hit her with the ol' Wither, Randuin's, Frozen Heart combo. If she ever attacks she's basically stunning herself >:)
> [{quoted}](name=Riot jinxylord,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=YbXoxV3x,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-01-18T18:43:54.304+0000) > > Hit her with the ol' Wither, Randuin's, Frozen Heart combo. If she ever attacks she's basically stunning herself >:) can I be banned for reporting this idea? lmao
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=nGYh5W2v,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-01-09T23:21:44.547+0000) > > Just type '/mute all' as soon as the game loads. > All is good. So you have a multiplayer online game, but you choose to make it so people can be put in compromising scenarios via their allies, who intentionally ruin their gameplay, but as long as they dont type, or scream out for everyone to report 1 player, you think its cool? sickening really
if someone doesn't wanna talk to other players due do the fact they will just tilt them or just simply due to the decision they don't want to is it really wrong for the makers of the game (RIOT) to make a mute all function like EVERY OTHER GAME?
: NOW COMPLETE - [Q&A] Ask Ivern's Creators Anything!
will {{item:3085}} work while hes within a bush?
: People who are new and too afraid of ruining other people's games. Empathy, the ability to understand and share the feelings of others, drives this pretty hard. I know what it feels like to have some clueless noob in game completely running around with his/her head creating a huge handicap. No one likes 4v5s. So as a new player with this level of empathy, they will do anything and everything, learn as much as possible, before venturing into a public game where your performance affects others. Also, xp wise, its faster just to grind bot games. Its a guaranteed win (so long as MOST of your team is HUMAN that is!) >.<
i never had empathy, I only started this game to play with friends so as soon as I was of level I jumped right into low plat high gold elo with a bunch of my friends and wanted to kill myself every second of the way, now I'm b5 and thriving with skill, its okay because its my team that loses the ranked games, not me
: You have to see the game like 10, 20, even 30 seconds in advance. For example, the wave is pushing out, I can go put 2 boxes down behind me, because the junglers going to gank in 15 seconds from his second red buff. So you put the boxes toward the side you're going to escape from. Maybe you put some in the brushes so that when they check it goes off. Now you ult when you're inside the brush and Q to make them think you're there. Honestly, outplays are only as creative as you are.
: Ask a Shaco Main - Chinese Jester - Completed
I'm an AWFUL shaco player, like I just don't understand the champ at all, I mainly do AP shaco when I do play him but I just cant get my boxes in useful spots ever and I cant ever perform the mindgames correctly, any tips on the mind games for AP shaco?
Mansana (NA)
: You are correct but the question that is being asked implies that there seems to be frustration with how often %hp pops up in a champion's kit. Something to definitely question when it comes to balance. If it keeps popping up, there is a problem with that system of damage. It's less bitching but more reinforcing the implications that %hp has made present into the balance of the game. Mainly because of fear that at some point if the champion does not have this mechanic it means they are less impactful. Notice how it takes a while for Riot to nerf the %hp damage aspect on some champs. It is certainly something Riot needs to keep an eye on.
riot cant just remove an idea because people are complaining about it, think of how much the game would change, certain champs would become super out of hand without any max health damage in the game and other champs would become next to worthless to play. riot looks at the higher elos for balancing because the players in lower elos (like me) just aren't dealing with the champion efficiently, thus granting a bad reading on the champ. like master yi is rarely played in high elos because hes easily stunned then left there having wasted his ult and garen isn't played either because all you have to do is when your low health back and come back up, no need to deal with the execute ult till a teamfight where tanks can jump in the way and it puts a lot of pressure down on the garen to ult the right person.
: I guess you could say... The want for solo queue is the GRASP OF THE UNDYING
after reading this comment, I proceeded to lose multiple games as fizz, going negative somehow
Galhamon (NA)
: As someone who general mains tank/juggernauts I feel they are ridiculous and totally unnecessary to be at the power scale they currently are. I don't play them anymore because it is just not fun anymore. The ability to stack health, armor and/or magic resist items and build zero damage items then almost singlehanded dumpster the entire enemy team needs to stop. This should have never happened in the first place, this is my opinion of course, however I am sure other people share it. A few days ago I went with a full tank build on Volibear ({{item:3068}} {{item:3065}}{{item:3083}} {{item:1318}} {{item:3110}} {{item:3742}} ) and went 17/1/15, the one death was me literally walking through the entire enemy team until I died. I did so just to reduce the sting of not dying to them at least once, after that I was unkillable, even doing stupid crap like 1v5ing them and still getting quadra kills. Something like this should never happen, ever, period. It is even worse on Darius, Garen, etc. The list could very much go on but the idea has been met. On a related note I feel as though warmogs should not stack in anyway shape or form with Garen's passive, the health regen should only be whichever value is higher, that item is like instant godmode for him. Almost, I mean you can still kill him but be prepared to dump everything into that Demacian douchebag. In closing I also feel it is ridiculous to have no ways through items to combat stacking health and armor builds. And no {{item:3147}} doesn't count that is another piss poor attempt to bandaid a bandaid fix in the first place. We get it Juggernauts had their time to shine, and shine they do; however that time needs to come to an end.
yeah, I get into games where people build full tank and just ruin people in 1v5's its ridiculous
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: 5 Faces of new champ select
main jg secondary support, however I find myself filling a lot more lately as I near unlocking every champ
: 1) How many things can be in a chest at a minimum, considering there's a cap of 4 per month? 2) About how many disenchantments of loot would it take to create something out of it? 3) Would you be willing to raise/lower the cap on chests gained or chest/key RP cost if it came to it? 4) Pasta or rice?
Q4, definitely need that answer

Outta Sippies

Level 214 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion