Raoul (EUW)
: Female Armor
I mean if you want realism then half the females shouldn't be in the roster...
: Matchmaking
No. No it should not.
weak boy (NA)
: > Really because I can name half a dozen or so that op.gg'd in champ select me just to target ban anything I play, trolled the ever loving hell out the games, int'ed as much as they could, and spent the entire game spamming chat with racial slurs and constant flaming to the point that I wondered if it was scripted because it literally did not stop scrolling the entire game... > > And they are still playing today... With a matching record in match history for every single game in the same premade groups.. > > Riot doesn't give a shit. Fact. thats a straight up lie cuz any type of racial slur will warrant a pretty much instant ban or chat restriction
> [{quoted}](name=weak boy,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000000000003,timestamp=2018-03-23T08:13:50.392+0000) > > thats a straight up lie cuz any type of racial slur will warrant a pretty much instant ban or chat restriction That's what I thought so too, but then why are they still playing?
: A great deal of your posts regard premades as bad: that they're toxic as well as 1 other thing you've mentioned. I rebutted the comment that "premade troll groups are 'common' " by saying that they are uncommon. What this has to do with the OP is very little; I only replied to your comment, as it seemed like an over generalization on your part.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-23T01:49:44.879+0000) > > A great deal of your posts regard premades as bad: that they're toxic as well as 1 other thing you've mentioned. I rebutted the comment that "premade troll groups are 'common' " by saying that they are uncommon. What this has to do with the OP is very little; I only replied to your comment, as it seemed like an over generalization on your part. But that's not even true. It's false on both parts. My posts don't regard premades as bad, they regard trolls as bad. If you disagree with that then.. I just don't know if it's worth continuing. As for the second part, your making that up or have really bad memory. Go back and reread maybe that will help. You rebutted that "troll groups are common" by saying that "I was just in a premade that honored me", and that just doesn't make sense nor is it relevant. Do you see my confusion now?
: A lot of the things that you are saying are not making sense for this. If the system did not work, in any way, shape, or form, then no one would ever receive an IFR. Again, the fact that I have in the past, received multiple IFR, shows that the system works. And a good way to figure out that people have received such things, is to look at the bunches of accounts that have been banned in the past. Or wait, are those just random bans that happened for no reason, because they just have to be if the system is completely broken. Because if something is broken that means it doesn't work at all. I'm sorry that you feel like it's a broken system that has never worked at all, but again, that really isn't true. And I never mentioned you made a 'blind statement'. I said 'Don't blindly complain', because it's clear that is really all you're doing. Also, don't say 'Please try to think logically if you are going to argue reason.' like you came out on top or instantly won a discussion, or like you're the only one thinking logically.
> [{quoted}](name=AmenPerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-23T01:22:37.021+0000) > > A lot of the things that you are saying are not making sense for this. > > If the system did not work, in any way, shape, or form, then no one would ever receive an IFR. Again, the fact that I have in the past, received multiple IFR, shows that the system works. And a good way to figure out that people have received such things, is to look at the bunches of accounts that have been banned in the past. Or wait, are those just random bans that happened for no reason, because they just have to be if the system is completely broken. Because if something is broken that means it doesn't work at all. > > I'm sorry that you feel like it's a broken system that has never worked at all, but again, that really isn't true. > > And I never mentioned you made a 'blind statement'. I said 'Don't blindly complain', because it's clear that is really all you're doing. > > Also, don't say 'Please try to think logically if you are going to argue reason.' like you came out on top or instantly won a discussion, or like you're the only one thinking logically. Again your making assumptions and appying false logic though. Just because something doesn't work doesn't mean that it never worked or that it doesn't occasionally work. Your trying to shoehorn the argument into absolutes and sweeping blanket statements, that is illogical. Of course people do get banned, no one is saying that never happens. Your using fallacies to justify your reasoning and that just doesn't work. Please try to think logically if you are going to argue reason. The reason I say that is because you are not using logic to reason, you are skipping logic in order to pick out bits and pieces that you don't agree with, and that just doesn't make rational sense.
: My point is, that you said single person reports didn't work and Riot didn't give a crap. By the fact that I have shown proof of an IFR, and just now you said you've received some, it shows that what you said earlier, "Riot doesn't give a shit. Fact." is false. Don't just blindly complain and say something doesn't work when there is proof of that thing working. And if you really wanted something done about it, could always submit a ticket like the first reply to this post said.
> [{quoted}](name=AmenPerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T23:46:40.099+0000) > > My point is, that you said single person reports didn't work and Riot didn't give a crap. > > By the fact that I have shown proof of an IFR, and just now you said you've received some, it shows that what you said earlier, "Riot doesn't give a shit. Fact." is false. > > Don't just blindly complain and say something doesn't work when there is proof of that thing working. And if you really wanted something done about it, could always submit a ticket like the first reply to this post said. Your assuming absolutes which doesn't work. A broken clock is right twice a day (demonstratable proof), doesn't mean the clock works (logical reasoning)... A dozen IFR's in comparison with at least a hundred thousand reports... Does show that the system does not work. Or rather we can infer from that data that the system does not work. Reporting obvious cases of bannable offenses that are clear violations with zero reason that the review system should not detect racist and obscene and hate fueled language, does in fact show that the system does not work. It's not a blind statement when you yourself just stated that I and yourself have demonstratable proof. Please try to think logically if you are going to argue reason.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-22T09:27:54.728+0000) > > Yeah premade troll groups are common nowadays. What part of what I said was not contradicting what you said?
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T23:15:07.801+0000) > > What part of what I said was not contradicting what you said? I apologize but I can't even follow your logic: 1. OP makes statement regarding premade trolls 2. I reply to OP regarding premade trolls 3. You disagree with my reply with your own statement (about being honored by a premade group of non trolls?) I'm not sure what 3 has to do with 1 or 2, could you elaborate? Are you implying that being honored by a premade group somehow means that premade groups of trolls don't exist or aren't common? Could you explain maybe?
: Nope. I definitely did the worst in that game.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000200000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T23:08:41.469+0000) > > Nope. I definitely did the worst in that game. Then what does that have to do with what we are talking about? And how can you use that as grounds to disagree?
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:37:15.739+0000) > > Riot refuses to release their code (not that I blame them), so no citations are available. But the fact remains that premade troll groups do not get banned, and they exhibit multiple violations of rules that should be bannable, that is the only facts I can offer. No clue why people are downvoting you. Its a FACT that a 3/4 man troll squad can even get YOU banned if they all mass report you. These people are ridiculous and obviously haven't ever been against that kind of toxicity. It gets even better when they all convince the enemy to report you too. Because 4 > 1
> [{quoted}](name=SpiritOfOdysseus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000100000003,timestamp=2018-03-22T23:00:36.593+0000) > > No clue why people are downvoting you. Its a FACT that a 3/4 man troll squad can even get YOU banned if they all mass report you. These people are ridiculous and obviously haven't ever been against that kind of toxicity. It gets even better when they all convince the enemy to report you too. Because 4 > 1 Welcome to the boards.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-22T09:27:54.728+0000) > > Yeah premade troll groups are common nowadays. The best part is Riot refuses to ban them because the system doesn't recognize lone reports. Again a pretty accurate comment with TONS of down-votes.
> [{quoted}](name=Summonah12369,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030005,timestamp=2018-03-22T22:32:02.146+0000) > > Again a pretty accurate comment with TONS of down-votes. Welcome to the boards.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030001000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T23:02:01.370+0000) > > They have lied plenty of times before, so it wouldn't surprise me. And the part they released in no way shows that a single report has the same validation as multiple reports. Nice try though, genius logic by the way. > > But nevertheless that just brings us back to the point that the ban system does not work. Gonna need a link to the so called "code" that contradicts whatever theory, or else it's nothing but speculation. Never seen a rioter talk about it.
> [{quoted}](name=SpiritOfOdysseus,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T23:04:10.137+0000) > > Gonna need a link to the so called "code" that contradicts whatever theory, or else it's nothing but speculation. Never seen a rioter talk about it. All the code he's talking about says is that if there's 1 or more reports then iterate their review process. Which tells us nothing about the weight of the reports, or the wieghting of the process, or what the process is.
Brotha (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:37:15.739+0000) > > Riot refuses to release their code (not that I blame them), so no citations are available. It makes sense for the banning, but a lot of their claims on what the community likes/dislikes are lacking any proof to back it up. Like "x" amount of players do not experience toxicity in their games. When did they collect this data? When did they ask the majority of the player base? I'm on their email spambot shit, and actively fill out their little in game surveys (99% about SKINS). Four years and Riot has never once asked me how I feel about toxicity in relation to the game or how I would like them to approach it.
> [{quoted}](name=Brotha,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000100000002,timestamp=2018-03-22T21:52:39.802+0000) > > It makes sense for the banning, but a lot of their claims on what the community likes/dislikes are lacking any proof to back it up. Like "x" amount of players do not experience toxicity in their games. When did they collect this data? When did they ask the majority of the player base? I'm on their email spambot shit, and actively fill out their little in game surveys (99% about SKINS). Four years and Riot has never once asked me how I feel about toxicity in relation to the game or how I would like them to approach it. Riot misrepresents facts, misdirects, avoids answering questions, hides facts and obfuscates information, and straight up lies all the time. Almost weekly for that matter. But yeah their only concern is cash shop sales, and player toxicity does little to impact that so they don't care. Half the report functions in the past have been (and still are) placebo. "Unskilled" as a report function, lol yeah right like anyone is going to actually get banned for that. I mean I don't know how reported ai bot's aren't investigated but those are never banned either.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:37:15.739+0000) > > Riot refuses to release their code (not that I blame them), so no citations are available. But the fact remains that premade troll groups do not get banned, and they exhibit multiple violations of rules that should be bannable, that is the only facts I can offer. They released a specific part of the code that directly contradicts your theory. Lol like literally the one part that proves you wrong. Unless of course they're lying about their code. Diabolical Riot!
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000100000001,timestamp=2018-03-22T21:44:45.888+0000) > > They released a specific part of the code that directly contradicts your theory. Lol like literally the one part that proves you wrong. Unless of course they're lying about their code. Diabolical Riot! They have lied plenty of times before, so it wouldn't surprise me. And the part they released in no way shows that a single report has the same validation as multiple reports. Nice try though, genius logic by the way. But nevertheless that just brings us back to the point that the ban system does not work.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:35:18.184+0000) > > Really because I can name half a dozen or so that op.gg'd in champ select me just to target ban anything I play, trolled the ever loving hell out the games, int'ed as much as they could, and spent the entire game spamming chat with racial slurs and constant flaming to the point that I wondered if it was scripted because it literally did not stop scrolling the entire game... > > And they are still playing today... With a matching record in match history for every single game in the same premade groups.. > > Riot doesn't give a shit. Fact. Half a dozen trolls not banned= lone reports are ignored. Yes, sweet sweet logic.
> [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000000000002,timestamp=2018-03-22T21:42:56.974+0000) > > Half a dozen trolls not banned= lone reports are ignored. Yes, sweet sweet logic. You never asked for an example of my logic. And it's more than a half dozen individual trolls, not that that matters. What's your logic? That you have seen someone get banned so that is good enough even if the majority of toxic players go unbanned? Genius. Nevermind I remember you, we have determined previously that your not intelligent enough to hold a conversation with and a troll yourself.
: I remember a post stating the opposite to that, say the system only cares about 1 report. 9xing someone has the same effect as 1 persons report.
> [{quoted}](name=CudyDarkyz,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030004,timestamp=2018-03-22T20:45:43.868+0000) > > I remember a post stating the opposite to that, say the system only cares about 1 report. 9xing someone has the same effect as 1 persons report. Then we are back to the fact that the reporting system does not work.
SSJTribe (NA)
: Having trouble finding the post, but in the past Riot Tantram (the designer of the IFS system) posted that part of the code. Something along the lines of "If reports >0 Then " and so on. --- Here it is > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=9VrUtrJo,comment-id=0000000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-27T18:28:29.209+0000) > > Reports haven't lost weight since the instant feedback system was put in place. > > It's actually really simple. > > if (reports > 0) { > review(); > }
> [{quoted}](name=SSJTribe,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T18:17:13.597+0000) > > Having trouble finding the post, but in the past Riot Tantram (the designer of the IFS system) posted that part of the code. Something along the lines of > "If reports >0 > Then " > and so on. > --- > Here it is Thank you. So if it isn't the number of reports, then we are back to the fact that the reporting system just does not work.
: https://i.imgur.com/9CBfspp.png?noredirect I was the only person who did a report on someone, and they got a 14 day ban. I made sure to check as soon as I got this message, which was about a month ago, and actually just checked the other day, them starting to play right away after 14 days passed.
> [{quoted}](name=AmenPerson,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000000000001,timestamp=2018-03-22T17:47:53.597+0000) > > https://i.imgur.com/9CBfspp.png?noredirect > > I was the only person who did a report on someone, and they got a 14 day ban. I made sure to check as soon as I got this message, which was about a month ago, and actually just checked the other day, them starting to play right away after 14 days passed. Great. Now how many people have you reported in the past and haven't received a message? I am positive I am in the hundred thousand range, and I have probably received a dozen or so feedbacks. What's your point?
: Proof or it didnt happen. Target banning is sad but there's no way you can prove they didnt genuily wanted to ban these champions. The other cases : inting and flamming in chat, they should have been banned
> [{quoted}](name=Starcraft243ver,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-22T17:32:08.783+0000) > > Proof or it didnt happen. Target banning is sad but there's no way you can prove they didnt genuily wanted to ban these champions. > > The other cases : inting and flamming in chat, they should have been banned And entire team banning low pick rate champions and prior to banning flaming me hard... I can promise you that none of them were concerned about vi or j4, ww I can understand but not likely considering. I don't really need proof when prior to and during and post game they made it abundantly clear that their only purpose in playing was to grief. The mid camped my lane for no reason other than steal cs, the jg (karma) would pretend to gank but as soon as I would commit he would run away leaving me to die, the adc (voli) just ran it down my lane constantly, and the support (wu) would just sit in a bush soaking xp and attempt to ks if there was a chance. They flamed so much that chat literally never stopped scrolling, like it was scripted. They used racial slurs and obviously bannable statements. They int'ed and they refused to vote. Their match history is still identical today (this was a month or two ago). That is all the burden of proof requires, if you want screenshot evidence take it yourself. People troll regularly, people go unbanned regularly. I can't believe your disputing this. It even happens high elo, where someone of that toxic nature could not reliably maintain mmr if they were being banned/had to make new accounts consistently, and has been documented numerous times.
: You can't prove that lone reports aren't recognized because you can't look at who reported them. It's unlikely that troll groups are only being reported once. I once got an "instant report feedback" I think it was called 10 minutes after reporting someone, so I don't think reports are unnoticed. Correct me if this only happens for someone who has been reported a lot.
> [{quoted}](name=AwesomeDude2413,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030003,timestamp=2018-03-22T16:59:13.453+0000) > > You can't prove that lone reports aren't recognized because you can't look at who reported them. It's unlikely that troll groups are only being reported once. I once got an "instant report feedback" I think it was called 10 minutes after reporting someone, so I don't think reports are unnoticed. Correct me if this only happens for someone who has been reported a lot. Your right, all I can go on is evidence. And the evidence I have collected (through experience) tells me that lone reports do nothing, yet when a single troll is reported by a majority then they are much more likely to receive punishment. I have filed several hundred thousand reports by now I am sure, and I have received probably less than a dozen feedback reports. Either the ban system does not work as intended (or as advertised) or the feedback system can not be trusted.
: I disagree. The last time I was with a premade of 4, they all honored me.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030002,timestamp=2018-03-22T16:02:06.353+0000) > > I disagree. The last time I was with a premade of 4, they all honored me. Ok... And were they a premade of toxic int'ing flaming trolls?
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5enma0qv,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2018-02-27T21:21:01.902+0000) > > MIA's are just an excuse for bads not to have to watch their minimap. > > You can only count on MIA calls in premades. If your solo que just watch your damn map and stop being so reliant on other people for things you can do yourself. I think MIA are very necessary, and someone who doesn't use them is simply lazy as hell or doesn't pay enough attention. But in this case #1 I did MIA several times that game before my teammates died (until they started flaming and then I stopped bothering), and #2 they actually already saw them already, in most cases for several whole minutes, before following/engaging them, so yes, they are flat out bad and toxic ragers.
> [{quoted}](name=Failsawce,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5enma0qv,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2018-03-22T14:19:59.957+0000) > > I think MIA are very necessary, and someone who doesn't use them is simply lazy as hell or doesn't pay enough attention. > > But in this case #1 I did MIA several times that game before my teammates died (until they started flaming and then I stopped bothering), and #2 they actually already saw them already, in most cases for several whole minutes, before following/engaging them, so yes, they are flat out bad and toxic ragers. So two things. First you can think all you want but that doesn't change the facts. Riot has gone to great lengths to make this game idiot proof, you can even just press a single key yourself and the game literally tells you who on their team is mia... Second, it's still no excuse for not watching your map. It's been a month so I don't remember the case study in the OP, but likely they were just bad players and should be ignored.
: [Citations needed]
> [{quoted}](name=Snapp2Kill,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2018-03-22T11:16:16.049+0000) > > [Citations needed] Riot refuses to release their code (not that I blame them), so no citations are available. But the fact remains that premade troll groups do not get banned, and they exhibit multiple violations of rules that should be bannable, that is the only facts I can offer.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-22T09:27:54.728+0000) > > Yeah premade troll groups are common nowadays. The best part is Riot refuses to ban them because the system doesn't recognize lone reports. This is false.
> [{quoted}](name=Scuffleboard,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=YRL3AWF5,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-03-22T10:47:53.965+0000) > > This is false. Really because I can name half a dozen or so that op.gg'd in champ select me just to target ban anything I play, trolled the ever loving hell out the games, int'ed as much as they could, and spent the entire game spamming chat with racial slurs and constant flaming to the point that I wondered if it was scripted because it literally did not stop scrolling the entire game... And they are still playing today... With a matching record in match history for every single game in the same premade groups.. Riot doesn't give a shit. Fact.
: I've never encountered this in 6 years of playing league
Yeah premade troll groups are common nowadays. The best part is Riot refuses to ban them because the system doesn't recognize lone reports.
: Game is hosted in California, it patches after the game goes down at 3am Pacific time. It's not even 2am there yet.
> [{quoted}](name=TwitchInMyPants,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ABEa58Ax,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-03-22T08:45:47.733+0000) > > Game is hosted in California, it patches after the game goes down at 3am Pacific time. It's not even 2am there yet. Actually it's 02:24am there. But it's hosted in Chicago nowadays, they moved it a couple times a few years ago. Sucks too because I climbed a lot better with constant 17ms ping than this 90ms I get now, makes a big difference.
Yumikø (NA)
: Ping for Indians
The only real answer to this is for Riot to build/move servers closer to you, and honestly that's not likely to happen. Sorry. India does have a high population though, and a booming tech interest, so maybe you could pitch it to Riot to market to india?
Rioter Comments
: The Juggernaut Club: Part 42
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pTKvGiQX,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-03-16T11:35:32.921+0000) > > She's not underpowered though, people just don't know how to play her yet. I know it was a joke. I've been melted by some Kai'sa players
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pTKvGiQX,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-03-16T11:39:40.439+0000) > > I know it was a joke. I've been melted by some Kai'sa players Oh, I don't understand theoretical physics so the joke must have gone over my head.
: Recruiting! Star guardian club NA
: why is banning a champ in league seem like chopping a head off of a hydra
: Unless you're playing with a premade 5 stack, bans are fucking useless. #1 there's not enough time in pregame to discuss picks and strategy. So bans are meaningless. If you're not trying to set something up then there's no point in banning anything. If you're trying to set up and AOE lock down, and you want to ban Janna so she doesn't screw with your positioning then that means something, otherwise it's just a meaningless mechanic to make you feel like you have an impact.
> [{quoted}](name=Lothloran,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HsNEwEPx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-16T04:56:39.164+0000) > > Unless you're playing with a premade 5 stack, bans are fucking useless. > #1 there's not enough time in pregame to discuss picks and strategy. So bans are meaningless. If you're not trying to set something up then there's no point in banning anything. > > If you're trying to set up and AOE lock down, and you want to ban Janna so she doesn't screw with your positioning then that means something, otherwise it's just a meaningless mechanic to make you feel like you have an impact. I mean in solo que nobody really cares enough to discuss picks and strats. But I do think there needs to be more time in champ select. I get dodge penalties constantly because I can't choose fast enough.
: Uhhh Rick? What's wrong with League?
She's not underpowered though, people just don't know how to play her yet.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oNlWiTUf,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-16T00:51:51.455+0000) > > I will never understand people who spend cash money on things you can earn for free. Likewise. But a lot of people are just loopy with money to begin with.. I found games to be funner that way anyway. Adds a bit of a sense of accomplishment and something to work towards.
> [{quoted}](name=MagicFlyingLlama,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oNlWiTUf,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-03-16T01:04:21.969+0000) > > Likewise. But a lot of people are just loopy with money to begin with.. > > I found games to be funner that way anyway. Adds a bit of a sense of accomplishment and something to work towards. Exactly. You have to plan, and manage resources, and look forward to unlocking content. You know, ...actually play the game.
: In my opinion you can one-trick ride any of {{champion:6}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:75}}{{champion:14}} (my personal experience with the meta) and {{champion:150}} {{champion:164}}{{champion:8}} (pro-LCS picks actually viable in solo-q) to success in Season 8. There may be others as well ({{champion:122}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:133}} ?) It's a lot more of a wide-open meta than a lot of people might think. But you *must* master the champion inside and out, every cranny, every detail of the kit. -------------- Based on your personal recommendations from this list, {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:14}}{{champion:254}} are all "up close and personal" types you may enjoy a lot. Try {{champion:254}} in particular for a super-duper-effective dark-horse all-in close-up beat-'em-up champion almost no one plays in toplane but that I'm always scared to see. Good luck!
> [{quoted}](name=CaliCoastReplay,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eEvHBw47,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-03-15T20:29:40.095+0000) > > In my opinion you can one-trick ride any of {{champion:6}} {{champion:83}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:126}} {{champion:75}}{{champion:14}} (my personal experience with the meta) and {{champion:150}} {{champion:164}}{{champion:8}} (pro-LCS picks actually viable in solo-q) to success in Season 8. > > There may be others as well ({{champion:122}} {{champion:254}} {{champion:516}} {{champion:133}} ?) > > It's a lot more of a wide-open meta than a lot of people might think. > > But you *must* master the champion inside and out, every cranny, every detail of the kit. > > -------------- > > Based on your personal recommendations from this list, {{champion:164}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:75}} {{champion:14}}{{champion:254}} are all "up close and personal" types you may enjoy a lot. Try {{champion:254}} in particular for a super-duper-effective dark-horse all-in close-up beat-'em-up champion almost no one plays in toplane but that I'm always scared to see. > > Good luck! There's a reason no one plays vi top lol.
: YOU KNOW WHAT I FUCKING LOVE ABOUT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
: So I found this old model of Gangplank
I miss old gp. Deny'ing was the best kit he's ever had.
: @riot: im still confused as to why youre nerfing the wave clearing aspect of stattic shiv
It's just meant to be an indirect nerf to adc's. Riot is shifting the meta boys, adc's will soon no longer be the kings of the rift.
: Should i buy...
I will never understand people who spend cash money on things you can earn for free.
Kythers (NA)
: Ranked is actually so fucking bad right now
I highly suspect they did something to the matchmaking algorithm as well (if it has ever been standard at that). They state that their matchmaking is based off of a 50% probability to win +/- 1%. But I can not for the life of me find how they determine this probability. It certainly isn't based off of averaged MMR or averaged winrate or averaged last 20 winrate. In fact those are usually stacked against one team or the other.
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000010000000100000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T04:43:06.545+0000) > > Case in point: Obvious trolls who make sweeping blanket generalizations based on subjective qualities. and the overly judgemental jrpg cultists who accuse all their critics of having bad taste without even hearing them out first. Damn them all!!!
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000000100000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T04:44:21.886+0000) > > and the overly judgemental jrpg cultists who accuse all their critics of having bad taste without even hearing them out first. Damn them all!!! I mean your basically on the same level as them by your own words, so your damning yourself? What have you become? Also I have seen no evidence of this jrpg cult as you put it, but I have seen you doing what you so despise. So doesn't that make you lower than them?
: Most junglers are like 3 week old puppies. They aren't going to listen to much of what you tell them. "Don't gank top, I don't have good gank assistance, and you can get other lanes ahead". Here comes my jungler at level 2 while I'm pushed in and dies to my enemy laner as he chases them well out of where I can even catch up to help.
> [{quoted}](name=Xonra,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MmaTU0QI,comment-id=001e0000,timestamp=2018-03-09T04:08:12.434+0000) > > Most junglers are like 3 week old puppies. They aren't going to listen to much of what you tell them. > > "Don't gank top, I don't have good gank assistance, and you can get other lanes ahead". > > Here comes my jungler at level 2 while I'm pushed in and dies to my enemy laner as he chases them well out of where I can even catch up to help. My favorite is when they have no concept of wave management and sure enough a predictable level 3 gank, right in the middle of my two and half waves that I neatly stacked, and they expect me to either tank it or to chase and leave it to crash into my tower. Like do you realize that wave is worth more than a kill at this point? Do you also realize he can easily 1v2 us in the middle of that wave? Do you realize that I'm losing valuable xp (that your also leaching by sitting in my bush) that I am going to need later when I am behind because he counters me? Do you also realize that GET OUT OF MY LANE!
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000000100000001,timestamp=2018-03-09T03:49:43.869+0000) > > I don't want to join the boards discord. I feel like that would be an even greater threat to my sanity than the boards themselves. I added in game. Yeah these boards are pretty bad I agree.
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000001000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-09T03:51:46.415+0000) > > Yeah these boards are pretty bad I agree. Case in point: Obvious trolls who make sweeping blanket generalizations based on subjective qualities.
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=00040000000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:13:12.545+0000) > > Wait. Why aren't you answering? You *do* like pineapple on pizza right? I didn't answer because the OP was trying to force me to play their game. I don't play by assholes' rules. Hit me up on the boards discord and I'll tell you.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=000400000000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-03-09T03:32:46.540+0000) > > I didn't answer because the OP was trying to force me to play their game. I don't play by assholes' rules. > > Hit me up on the boards discord and I'll tell you. I don't want to join the boards discord. I feel like that would be an even greater threat to my sanity than the boards themselves. I added in game.
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:47:30.615+0000) > > But that's not how conversations work. The burden of proof is on you since you are making this claim. I have not told you that you have bad taste, nor have I heard it said to you. So therefor that point has no value in our conversation. > > If you are not willing to define your words, then you should not say them. But I shall.
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:48:34.656+0000) > > But I shall. Then your words hold no value. And your opinion means nothing.
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:26:19.271+0000) > > But that is not the topic of conversation. The topic of conversation that you, yourself, put forward is that neir automata fans have bad taste. So explain yourself. What is taste and what can make it bad? I see no obligation to return a favor that's never been given in the first place. The only thing I can say in the context put forth by Square Enix fans, is that it is a tool best used as a knee-jerk reaction to anyone who disagrees (before they even know why). I will agree to drop it as soon as the other party does :)))
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:33:57.183+0000) > > I see no obligation to return a favor that's never been given in the first place. The only thing I can say in the context put forth by Square Enix fans, is that it is a tool best used as a knee-jerk reaction to anyone who disagrees (before they even know why). > > I will agree to drop it as soon as the other party does :))) But that's not how conversations work. The burden of proof is on you since you are making this claim. I have not told you that you have bad taste, nor have I heard it said to you. So therefor that point has no value in our conversation. If you are not willing to define your words, then you should not say them.
: Optimal Is STILL A SUGGESTION. How do you not get that. We havent settled a damn thing. YOU are saying that Because it is Optimal, it is not a suggestion. I am saying That while it Is OPTIMAL (In YOUR eyes), It is still a SUGGESTION or else they would remove all other items from that champ + that role to say "You are PLaying X champ, In Y role/lane, Therefore you are only allowed to build Items A, B, C, OR D, Based on the current meta. Because they arent Doing that, IT IS A SUGGESTION. You are saying if someone has a different path than what the meta SUGGESTS, that they should be banned from league because they are "greifing/trolling" or that they are not actually trying to win. I am done wasting my time with you because you want anyone who doesnt adhere to what the meta SUGGESTS (even if optimal) should be banned from the game, treating off meta pics as "trolling" because they arent conforming with what YOU see as "optimal" YOU are actively suggesting that the only items that should be allowed are ones that fall in line with current meta, and anyone who doesnt follow the meta is a big bad boogeyman out to INTENTIONALLY destroy matches, Not that they combine Champion abilities + Runes + Items to find a path that works with THEIR PERSONAL PLAY STYLE (Passive, aggressive, Poke-heavy, offensive, defensive, strategic, etc) Off Meta picks are how NEW meta picks are discovered. enjoy your delusion and dictatorship.
> [{quoted}](name=HavokDash,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kLqROOye,comment-id=000300020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:30:55.101+0000) > > Optimal Is STILL A SUGGESTION. How do you not get that. We havent settled a damn thing. YOU are saying that Because it is Optimal, it is not a suggestion. > I am saying That while it Is OPTIMAL (In YOUR eyes), It is still a SUGGESTION or else they would remove all other items from that champ + that role to say "You are PLaying X champ, In Y role/lane, Therefore you are only allowed to build Items A, B, C, OR D, Based on the current meta. > Because they arent Doing that, IT IS A SUGGESTION. > > You are saying if someone has a different path than what the meta SUGGESTS, that they should be banned from league because they are "greifing/trolling" or that they are not actually trying to win. > I am done wasting my time with you because you want anyone who doesnt adhere to what the meta SUGGESTS (even if optimal) should be banned from the game, treating off meta pics as "trolling" because they arent conforming with what YOU see as "optimal" > YOU are actively suggesting that the only items that should be allowed are ones that fall in line with current meta, and anyone who doesnt follow the meta is a big bad boogeyman out to INTENTIONALLY destroy matches, Not that they combine Champion abilities + Runes + Items to find a path that works with THEIR PERSONAL PLAY STYLE (Passive, aggressive, Poke-heavy, offensive, defensive, strategic, etc) > Off Meta picks are how NEW meta picks are discovered. > enjoy your delusion and dictatorship. That essentially has been done... That's exactly what you are complaining about. It is called the meta... I am not saying they should be banned at all. Please stop putting words in my mouth, you have done that near every post. I don't think you understand, I myself play off meta picks. In fact I practically specialize in them. Your kinda crazy though you know that? Like your imagining that I am saying these things simply because you don't like the definition of meta. You can't change the definition, that is all I am saying.
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:10:06.272+0000) > > No. You don't get to spin this around on me. > > I asked you to define taste, since you are the one accusing people of having bad taste. I've been accused of having bad taste for disliking Square Enix games many, many times, and not one person has ever bothered to define it for me.
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T02:14:21.658+0000) > > I've been accused of having bad taste for disliking Square Enix games many, many times, and not person has ever bothered to define it for me. But that is not the topic of conversation. The topic of conversation that you, yourself, put forward is that neir automata fans have bad taste. So explain yourself. What is taste and what can make it bad?
: > [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-08T22:32:27.594+0000) > > Do you like pineapple in pizza? You avoided my question.
> [{quoted}](name=HalcyonDweller,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=0004000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-08T22:36:17.829+0000) > > You avoided my question. Wait. Why aren't you answering? You *do* like pineapple on pizza right?
Luralin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Oxyrotten,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-08T23:09:00.669+0000) > > Define taste, beyond your trollish interpretation. I've always wanted someone from the Square Enix fanclub to explain this to me. Their knee-jerk reaction to anyone that expresses any sort of dislike for their games is to always accuse the person in question of having "bad taste". Please, educate me.
> [{quoted}](name=Luralin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=G5h2Hn9r,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-08T23:27:07.136+0000) > > I've always wanted someone from the Square Enix fanclub to explain this to me. Their knee-jerk reaction to anyone that expresses any sort of dislike for their games is to always accuse the person in question of having "bad taste". Please, educate me. No. You don't get to spin this around on me. I asked you to define taste, since you are the one accusing people of having bad taste.
Show more

Oxyrotten

Level 96 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion