: This reminds me of a chat I had the other day comparing Pokemon to Fire Emblem; how both games tend to try new things with each title at the expense of sacrificing traditional variables temporarily or indefinitely. But I don't think most FE diehards are as disappointed as the diehards of Pokemon...and I'm a diehard of both. I guess it does make sense when it comes to Game Freak to Riot.
> [{quoted}](name=GeminiRune,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sBGlZjr4,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-09T16:55:41.721+0000) > > This reminds me of a chat I had the other day comparing Pokemon to Fire Emblem; how both games tend to try new things with each title at the expense of sacrificing traditional variables temporarily or indefinitely. But I don't think most FE diehards are as disappointed as the diehards of Pokemon...and I'm a diehard of both. I guess it does make sense when it comes to Game Freak to Riot. I'll say this about the new Fire Emblem game, the new game blows Fire Emblem Fates out of the water in practically everything except the gameplay of Conquest. Granted this was a pretty low bar to achieve as Fire Emblem Fates's story is absolutely atrocious. There's supposed to be a lunatic mode coming soon but there's so many things imbalanced and broken in 3 Houses that I feel like lunatic will either do a really lazy approach for difficulty of inflating stats or make the enemies spam gambits more.
AyreBiRabak (EUNE)
: What's the dumbest thing you've ever read in match/board?
There was this one guy who actually claimed vaccines caused Autism and vaccines weren't even good and your immune system should be trained by natural means. Something that was just horribly incorrect and dumb. Also this guy had some massive ego and thought himself to be this super high IQ mastermind.
: Riot: “we’re not sexist, we value all genders the same! We are misunderstood small indie company”
My complaint about Riot's business practice in the past, is I feel like they could do more to ways to make money. As of now they mainly get their money from new champions and skins for those champions, but they gotten slightly better as they now sell profile icons which to me is pretty dumb, but if it somehow gets people to pay I guess it works. Also emotes a lot of people love them though could be annoyingly toxic to some. I'm still surprised they haven't released an announcer pack at all.
: Yo... give me t3 boots but it's doran's combined with boots instead of the old effects
I don't think doran's items should ever have an upgrade path. The point of doran's items is they are super cost effective for what they do but can't be upgraded. Having multiple doran's items is supposed to be a risk where you put more gold into getting better stats earlier at the cost of slowing down core item builds.
NY64 (NA)
: What would it be like if League of Legends balance team and Fortnite’s balance team switched roles
I don't even know what Fortnite does to balance things. I heard they add meme items like the shopping cart and it's actually useless if you want to win. I also heard news they nerfed the shotgun or something.
Salron (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=ThurgotOfThunder,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=msEYflbc,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-25T14:44:56.691+0000) > > 100 armor on top of 500 armor means a lot less than 100 armor on top of 0 armor. I'm not typing this long shit out Take a look at the entry on the wiki and educate yourself https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Armor#Stacking_armor Resists DO NOT have dimishing returns
> [{quoted}](name=Aarron,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=msEYflbc,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-25T16:44:28.480+0000) > > I'm not typing this long shit out > Take a look at the entry on the wiki and educate yourself > https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Armor#Stacking_armor > Resists DO NOT have dimishing returns I'm a bit confused on that wording. I thought it went like this. You take a 100 damage physical attack with 0 armor 100 damage. With 100 armor 50 damage. That's a 50% damage reduction from 0 to 100 armor. With 200 armor you take 33.3 damage. That's a 33% damage reduction from 100 to 200 armor. With 300 armor you take 25 damage. That's a 25% damage reduction from 200 to 300 armor. You require twice the amount of armor to get another 50% damage reduction. You need 700 armor to get another 50% damage reduction from 25 to 12.5 damage taken. That's 400 more armor.
: Google Stadia is bound to fail and i'm calling it now
The only online streaming video game service I know that doesn't seem like a disaster is playstation now. It's usable on PS4 AND PC which is pretty good.
Copic (NA)
: Why won't Riot announce their Daily/Monthly playerbase?
So wait do you want the global playerbase or do you want a specific region? Because I feel like some people want to see the size of the playerbase in NA or EU. NA is relatively small compared to other servers.
: Awaken - Karma & Kennen
So wait when people talk about old Karma. Are they talking about the Karma that was one of the least popular champions in League and had a lower play rate than Urgot?
: You can find info about it here: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/09/ask-riot-hire-more-devs-rito/
> [{quoted}](name=Kairoptra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=2a3U6mHK,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-20T00:36:10.825+0000) > > You can find info about it here: https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/09/ask-riot-hire-more-devs-rito/ I like how they completely gloss over death recap.
Salron (NA)
: "Thank you and enjoy your movie"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R52b92j9VGM That quote just reminds me of this video.
: Will Riot ever admit that runes reforged is a complete failure?
There are obviously issues that each season had but what were things people complaining about back then? How many things are there you have to balance now? My point I want to make is back then there were less things to complain about when it comes in a balancing perspective of what to change. Later seasons added more avenues of things Riot had to keep track of when they had to make frequent balance changes. One thing Riot is very bad at is foresight and they are extremely stubborn when it comes to changes. They will force whatever new thing they have and keep despite any negative feedback that it's bad for the game. It's not just general balance changes but other things like the ranking system which I still think is heavily flawed in the fact the old ranking system still exists but added a lot of bloat to confuse people on where they actually are in rank. Back in season 2-4 people complained about champions and items. No one really complained about runes or masteries. The only complaint about the old masteries was there was a choice that gave you crit chance which is pretty stupid and got changed later. Yeah there was the whole 1% crit chance rune as well people run just to possibly cheese a possible kill but it's still a 1% chance you can't rely on that. Then season 5 introduced another avenue of balancing with the changes to dragon. Back then dragon used to give 190 gold to everyone on the team that killed it. It was good and didn't give advantages the opposing team who didn't get the dragon could never get. Now dragon gives permanent buffs that you can only get if you killed dragon. Now the first dragon kill was the most important as it gave you increased AD and AP. However the later buffs were no where near as good. I forgot what season introduced first tower gold but that was something they added and needed to account for. Same with the new bounty system which has been changed when certain strats encouraged dying a lot to make bounties mean less for you. What I want to say is back then no one really complained about the old bounty system because back then I think you had a hard cap bounty when you get an 8 kill streak. I don't remember if assists increased your bounty. Now the whole keystone masteries introduced in season 6 brought open a shit ton of new possibilities that you had to balance around for specific champions. Old masteries were mainly stat boosts when certain conditions were met or some little extra benefit if you went into the utility tree. Keystone materies shaped certain playstyles and had to be accounted for when it comes to any champion now. When you nerf or buff a keystone mastery champions who used that keystone got affected. It became a problem similar to items and how the biggest abusers of items ruin it for other people who are considered fine with it. Later into season 8 they combined masteries and runes together into one. And they made the choices for runes have way more significant impact. From runes that give you abilities to do more damage to towers to getting a bunch of consumables for hitting people. Riot got a lot more creative and wild with how runes went. Gone were the days of runes/masteries being just being simple stat boosts. Now it's just a part of the whole system of what stats you get from the runes. There's so many more factor you have to account now more than ever and I haven't even talked about the RNG of the elemental dragons and scuttle crab and rift herald. Riot adds so many new mechanics that lead to possible more snowball and never really toned down or remove older systems to compensate for the increased gold value and benefits you get with this system.
: how long do heroes rot in the dumpster?
Some champions get ignored for a very long time. Newer champions and reworked champions usually get a lot of changes during their release but some older champions are left in the dust or waiting for a rework that who knows when they come out. Though are patches for almost every 2-3 weeks. It you wanted a game that "balances" the game constantly. League does that. Does the meta change? In a way there is always a handful of champions at the top while the rest are considered mediocre or bad. Then it cycles to the next overpowered champion.
: Game devs competing for bad PR be like
The problem with Nintendo Online is it's super bad. Basic features like friend's list still require friend codes for some dumb reason. A lot of games you can't invite people to lobbies they just have to find you using weird means. Look at Smash Ultimate lobbies. You can create a room title with passwords and such but they still need to know the room ID that is randomly given when you make a new lobby instead of using the room title. Voice chat requires a phone app that's already laughable. Their selection of games with Nintendo online are NES games you already played on other systems. Meanwhile Xbox Live and Playstation plus gives some decent titles released in the past few years on that system. Nintendo might offer games from later generations later but at this moment you basically have NES games no one cares about and a few classics that aged pretty badly. Nintendo online in a lot of games are really limited. You can't play boards online in Super Mario Party only minigames. For their biggest game of the year that's been advertised heavily. They couldn't use dedicated servers for their online. You got to be kidding me. The only thing Nintendo Online somehow didn't fuck up horribly is Fire Emblem Heroes. Though that's probably because you don't have two human players going against each other. It's you vs an AI that uses the enemy's team to fight you. The fact people are defending this because it's cheaper than other services is really dumb.
Rioter Comments
Odenmaru (NA)
: Please let this be in Smash Ultimate.
Do that and don't put Rex as a playable character in Smash ultimate and we got a deal.
: EU must not win Worlds
I know for damn sure fnatic had the easiest group. Their only threat was IG. Cloud 9 has a chance though some question their supposed lack of practice but they somehow made it to semis with a 3-0.
: 33 Pickem Points
I'm at 51 points. That's the max amount of points I can get now.
: Sejuanj wasn’t fine before her rework. She had a useless passive, an E that did nothing, and a W that wasn’t much all because she had a fast moving long range potential 5 man stun. Riot had to make the rest of her kit almost worthless because of how much power was loaded into her ult. Current Sej has problems, yes, but not close to what her old issues were.
> [{quoted}](name=AvantelWings,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4PwQIzOl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-19T17:39:17.298+0000) > > Sejuanj wasn’t fine before her rework. > > She had a useless passive, an E that did nothing, and a W that wasn’t much all because she had a fast moving long range potential 5 man stun. > > Riot had to make the rest of her kit almost worthless because of how much power was loaded into her ult. > > Current Sej has problems, yes, but not close to what her old issues were. What specific Sejuanani are you talking about? There are multiple versions. Like the Sejuani in season 2. Her first rework? The rework that made her ultimate different?
: I use to think weebs were the worst thing ever
The worst part about anti weebs is they are usually very vague on why they hate anime. Or they give some general term that doesn’t really describe why anime is bad.
: Gen.G Ended Up 4th
I actually did guess Gen G as last place. http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/5/user/643410/my-picks Why did I think Vitality was a good team?
: new mario party is weird
All I know is the new Mario Party online is really dumb. You can't even play any of the boards online with friends.
: Challenge to riot balance
The balance team is already high elo. I don't even know what this is a thread.
: What? Why in the WORLD would they make the mission available for us now then?!? I mean, the LEAST they could have done is tell us when it would be possible to complete the mission. :(
> [{quoted}](name=Silverwing525,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E9oPIKVl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-30T19:04:15.149+0000) > > What? Why in the WORLD would they make the mission available for us now then?!? I mean, the LEAST they could have done is tell us when it would be possible to complete the mission. :( I think they did that so people would be aware tomorrow you have to watch worlds to claim the rewards. It's like saying there is a skin is going on sale in the near future. Though I feel like Riot is doing this to artificially inflate views on Worlds so they can brag they still get a ton of viewers.
: I Stand With Weebs. Anti-Anime Need to Answer.
So far at least in this forum, the people who say anime is bad don't give much of a reason why anime is bad other than it being "sinful" or something vague.
: reminder the internet is a weird place
Most of it is pretty good art I would say. A lot of people are into this. Though does anyone remember Bowletta? https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mariokartwii/images/2/20/Unknown-1444608502.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20151012000822 This isn't the first time people gender swapped bowser.
: Why does Nocturne passive not proc Hunter's Talisman?
It sounds like a bug. Though based on the context of the question you take talisman first on Nocturne. Weird choice as machete works well on him because his jungle clear is 90% auto attacks.
Ahris (NA)
: Ahri is broken and Syndra is trash
It just looked like you completely whiffed your initial combo and died for it.
: all seasons of Pokemon are gonna air on Twitch.tv.
I wonder if they will show some of the banned episodes on Twitch. Like the episode with the gun. Even if the episode is in Japanese.
DaBooosh (NA)
: Do you remember when the boards were a place to discuss things? Not complaining all the time? I don't remember. I wasn't even here that long I just like to argue with people The balance team can't please everyone. Unfortunately, you're not the group that's happy.
> [{quoted}](name=DaBooosh,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TL810X3R,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-08-22T02:46:15.400+0000) > > Do you remember when the boards were a place to discuss things? Not complaining all the time? > I don't remember. > I wasn't even here that long > I just like to argue with people > The balance team can't please everyone. > Unfortunately, you're not the group that's happy. The boards never really changed that much.
CLG ear (NA)
: Nvidia GeForce RTX series video cards
I still have a 1060 back in 2016 before prices went to hell.
: Fire Emblem PoR is better than RD
My issue with Path of Radiance is it was too easy even on difficult mode. I then looked up maniac mode which was Japan exclusive. Maniac mode probably wasn't put in the NA version because it was too hard but it was badly designed. Enemies in maniac mode are more numerous and a lot tankier. Tanky enough to the point that Titania can actually fail to one round enemies in the early game. After you finish Serene's Forest all the enemies are promoted and have insane defensive stats. There's also an increase in the number of enemy siege tomes making the game a complete slog. Radiant Dawn was harder especially with the Dawn Brigade, but it had a lot of shitty maps like all the maps in part 4 except for endgame. The good maps in Radiant Dawn were very good. Though this game did have a hard mode that does it in one of the dumbest ways imaginable. Weapon triangle was disabled which is strange. Enemies are stronger which is obvious but most notably laguz because they have max weapon rank which gives them more damage. But the real issues is they disabled enemy ranges which means you have to manually count tiles if you want to see the enemy range of anything. I don't even understand why the last part was even a thing. Though is PoR maniac mode might not be the worst designed Fire Emblem difficulty setting in the series. That either goes to Awakening's lunatic+ or New Mystery of the Emblem's reverse lunatic mode. In lunatic plus all the enemies have unique plus skills which are stronger versions of skills and even some new ones. There's an enemy skill that gives them 100% hit rate. Some enemies can have 100% chance to proc luna which attacks with half of your defense negated. Some enemies can attack first regardless of phase. And the worst part is all the enemy skills are randomized. Also put in the fact they still use Awakening Lunatic's insane stat ball enemies. For Reverse lunatic they give all the enemies vantage that works regardless of their HP. It's really stupid it sounds. And makes everything super frustrating especially against mages who deal insane damage because no one in this game has res because it's a Kaga-era game.
: What's the stupidest reason someone intentionally threw a game for you?
I banned Thresh and for some reason one of my teammates decides to troll. And shadow my jungle trying to steal it and leave bot line ADC to die. I looked at his match history and he has no Thresh games. I don't even know why he even did that. Also wanted me to say the N word to stop. I didn't say the N word.
: Everyone's salty about League these days, so let's have a wholesome thread about Smash instead
Geno has like an nonexistent chance to be a playable character in Smash. Assist trophy at best. What I'm surprised is there is only 1 Fire Emblem item in the item pool. I mean they could throw in some vulunaries for healing I guess. Or for troll fun throw in the devil axe.
: Think I could get an update about how this game's been?
It's mainly because Dota 2 was designed in a way that mages tend to be support character as they don't need levels to do anything. To be super tanky you need to have abilities to make you tanky or buy items with terrible stats for strong defensive effect like black king bar. The tankiest heroes in the game have a form of percent damage reduction on their kits.
Rioter Comments
: Remember, watching anime is a sin.
: Who would win 1: Vayne vs Valla
When I first read Valla I thought of that stupid area in Fire Emblem Fates. God that area was so stupid in terms of plot and level design.
: Sure League has problems but its really not that bad
To me this sounds like League actually never improved the game. It's just a cycle between different sources of overpowered throughout the years. Like if we went back into time. I would hear the same things except it's someone else.
Arammus (EUW)
: i know this game... whats the english title of it? and was it on snes?
> [{quoted}](name=Arammus,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yOf5fEBO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-08-05T15:54:08.886+0000) > > i know this game... whats the english title of it? > and was it on snes? It had no English release. It was a Japan only title fan translated. It would be Secret of Mana 2 to some people. The game has a similar idea to Octopath but it's focused on one main character through the story with 2 other side characters you choose at the beginning of the game.
: banned until 4/16/2129
So you got banned from the boards but not the game itself despite having no post history?
: Was Bloodborne's Trick Weapons a success?
The problem with having multiple weapons in Dark Souls is they take up equipment load. If you are actually quick at item swapping and actually managed your inventory you could quickly switch weapons on the fly without doing a quick swap and save equipment load. This usually means you are probably going to find one weapon type you like and stick with it. One thing Dark Souls III did was the game expected you to forge your weapons because of all the titanite shards enemies keep dropping. This usually meant an unupgraded weapon later on is pretty much useless in battle. In the earlier games bosses didn't really have that much HP and having a +10 weapon on certain weapons made them drop like flies. I killed Nashandra with a +8 red iron twinblade and she died really fast. It wasn't even a +10 weapon. I had around 45 strength at that point. Maybe the weapon I just used it really OP but I just liked the twinblade after using it for a while. Deceptively good AOE with really high attack speed unlike other good AOE melee weapons.
: Give us a mode that doesn't let new champions/reworks to be banned.
I feel like you shouldn't be allowed to ban new champions in normal draft. It's kind of stupid when you think about it.
Audhulma (NA)
: I think Oddone basically gave up streaming league a while back. If I'm not mistaken he said something about not actually quitting, just that he's not sure when he'll feel like playing/streaming it again. But just the idea that a goofball like him is sick of things says a lot IMO.
> [{quoted}](name=Audhulma,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=1EmP55X1,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-31T07:50:56.195+0000) > > I think Oddone basically gave up streaming league a while back. If I'm not mistaken he said something about not actually quitting, just that he's not sure when he'll feel like playing/streaming it again. But just the idea that a goofball like him is sick of things says a lot IMO. He's been League free for nearly 2 months. Dyrus tweeted he uninstalled League. All I know is most of the old TSM people don't play League or like League anymore. All Oddone does is play variety games and chat being weird like always.
Kythers (NA)
: adc in 2018 lol
Are you telling me ADCs are actually balanced. Is everything I read a lie?
Elfezen (NA)
: Shuichi Saihara is the true protagonist of Danganronpa V3
Random spoiler thread because spoiler. Jokes on you I already played this game. Also how many people liked the ending to V3? Not a huge fan.
: Pokemon in 2018
My problem with Pokemon is they don't make good single player games anymore. It's all about the multiplayer with how the post game content is made. The post game is made to get you ready for online multiplayer and there isn't much else that isn't related to that. Yeah the games can still be fun but it's mainly multiplayer.
: I'd post a thread but I'm playing Fire Emblem
I'm going to say the worst Fire Emblem game is Fire Emblem Fates Revelations. I don't think this game does a single thing right at all. The maps range from gimmicky to absolute slogs along with reusing maps from the other games but somehow make them even worse. The story is completely nonsensical with dumb shit like the valla curse and everyone being stupid. Hope Three Houses is pretty good.
Ahris (NA)
: ADC is just trash early/midgame!!!! 20-5 Caitlyn says otherwise
Yes one game throws all other evidence out the window. Nice post you got there.
: Step by step process to ruin an attractive body
How can you not appreciate this tattoo? https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--KzwuM6b2--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/rvtcnovc7mrjkp8chg8u.jpg
Show more

PPPPPPPPPPPP270

Level 39 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion