Aeszarck (NA)
: Thanks for iterating this. This is an important point that many need to understand.
But how long are the 60+ splash arts they just dumped in going to stay that way until they are updated?
Sukishoo (NA)
: Yeah same here. Have found it to be way less toxic then the old solo queue was.
Toxicity is reduced by the update to draft with role selection, not premades.
Rioter Comments
Florn (NA)
: I see the points you are tying to get at but I feel as if you have missed some of the intended interpretations in the stories. I am on my phone right now or I would use some quotes to help emphasise these points. Pantheon Atreus may not actually be part of the entity that is Pantheon which is slightly unfortunate and I would have preferred a merger approach instead of the complete removal of his consciousness. However, the main trait that he gain through the story is what the entity Pantheon embodies. His belief that they should be seeking out threats to their home and destroying them instead of sitting back passively waiting (like Leona did when Atreus was attacked) is exactly what Pantheon does. Personally I feel as though it was necessary for Atreus to be removed in some senses as his emotions and connections to the people of his tribe as well as his anger with Leona could get in the way if the Pantheon performing his duty. Leona. Leona appears to be different in some aspects but I feel as though this is mostly due to the lack of personality she had in the previous lore. Her compassion in the past only really extended to, "this boy is my friend and I grew up with him so I see no need to kill him". When she wants to kill Diana for spewing blasphemy you have to remember that it is exactly that. It is a member of her order speaking blasphemy and discounting the teachings that Leona lives her life by. You may think it is excessive but to her it isn't just trying to think if things in a new way it's saying that everything we stand for is wrong according to you. It is the natural human reaction to feel anger in this situation. And though Leona is a compassionate person. She was still raised in a harsh environment in a tribe that lore wise is ment to reflect the brutal aspects of ancient Spartan culture. When you are raised to fight those who oppose you wanting to kill someone for essentially saying everything you believe n is wrong is a normal reaction. As for the second story and the scene that everyone is so angered with saying that it destroys her personality, throughout the whole story you see what is going on in her mind. There is the aspect saying destroy all nonbelievers and burn our enemies in the rays of the sun. Then to contrast it you have Leona who is much more tempered and holds the aspect back while she thinks through things logically. She knows killing the leader will send the rest running and limit casualties on her side. So she does this. Then as they are running way she weighs makes the decision based on observations throughout the rest of the story: they were warriors not travellers. They were only here to plunder meaning that letting them go will not result in them leaving. And the most likely outcome is that they will regroup and attack again likely causing more deaths of her own people. Coming to this conclusion she then allows the aspect to do its thing and roast the raiders. Diana. I won't comment much on Diana as I was never really a fan of her "your order wiped out all these people I never knew but am some how related to so now I must do the same to you to prove that you were wrong!" Basically living by the eye for an eye mantra that logically only results in many blind people.
> Her compassion in the past only really extended to, "this boy is my friend and I grew up with him so I see no need to kill him". Actually if you read her Reflection she always stood up to bullies and protected people. She didn't have a lack of personality, she was a defender of the weak, > To her surprise, he laughed. > > "Why do you want to join the League, Leona?" > > She froze. He managed to take her completely by surprise. > > "Come now, why do you want to join the League?" His tone was jovial, triumphant. > > She took a long breath. "I am chosen of the sun. The League should feel privileged-" > > "I do believe that you’ve convinced yourself of that." He smiled. "But there’s more to it." > > Leona hesitated. Truth lurked behind his words. > > "You want to make it up to them," he said. "The Rakkor children you failed to protect." > > Leona bit her tongue. > > "How does it feel, exposing your mind?" > > Jagen knew he wouldn't get a response. He vanished and she was in the Institute again, although she hardly noticed. She stood slumped for what felt like hours. Her shield hung weakly at her side. A faint light suddenly glowed from it. > > It hit her: perhaps the reason she had been spared was to do exactly as he said. She truly wanted to. Her shoulders rose, and the sun burned brightly from her shield. The League of Legends would indeed have the champion of the sun. She joined the League to make up for those who she couldn't protect. To defend those who needed protection.
Lyte (NA)
: Multiple scientists worked on the surveys, and actually the same question was asked 5 different ways if I remember. Slight changes in wording, different frames of reference, they asked it all, and the results all trended the same direction. The survey tool they used also assesses a random sample of the entire playerbase, not just players currently in the system.
Can we see said questions? And more details on who was polled, percentages on people who liked the change who were in ranked vs not in ranked, a breakdown by ELO for those in ranked, etc.
: Mute and it's done doubt they que up as 4 just to harras ? tribunal is doing great work atm
Lyte himself said: "We consider the "Mute" feature to be a last resort. When a player has to use the "Mute" feature, the damage has already been done. Your experience is already worse, you are already less likely to play another game, and you already don't enjoy League as much as before. The "Mute" feature is a last resort to prevent any further harassment or abuse. Just because a feature like this exists doesn't mean it's OK for players to spew hate speech or be racist or verbally abusive. The vast majority of players in League hate these types of behaviors, and we should respect these players and not tell toxic players it's OK to be dicks just because a "Mute" feature exists."
Lyte (NA)
: Let’s talk about dynamic queues and ranked play
Wish they would actually release the data, or create more balanced questions for when they asked. FOR EXAMPLE: If instead of asking *“I like that you are allowed to queue with any number of people to play ranked”* you should have asked *“I like that you are allowed to queue with any number of people to play ranked in the same queue as Solo-queue."* When you load the question in your favor, of course people will agree. FURTHERMORE: If you polled people ALREADY IN THE DYNAMIC QUE, and they are testing Dynamic Queue, then they are almost certainly queuing up with friends, and will then support it. You literally polled a group of people that was already in the system.
: Its almost like people don't really know whats going on. When the Garen changes were "finalized" I remember tons of threads about how he was going to be trash and a ton weaker. While he wasn't the strongest juggernaut he definitely was stronger than before. So any theoretical feedback people give I take with a grain of salt because people clearly don't understand changes in champs and items. Even minor changes people don't seem to understand. I'd hate to be Riot and have a complete pool of feedback like this with a few people throwing out helpful feedback and thinking its bad.
No, feedback came in 2 phases and 2 forms. Form 1 was just about the thematic and play-style, not balance. Garen when he first got shipped to PBE WAS TRASH. But RIOT over compensated and at the end of the cycle people said he was to strong but RIOT pointed out the "community said he was to weak." they listenend to only portions of feedback, nto feedback in general.
: When you catch the enemy counter jungling, and you both stare at each other contemplating life
spcc309 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Sona Ping,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=IpZqisQK,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2015-09-08T22:39:58.483+0000) > > I've found it to be quite different in practice. The "yellow" pings for caution are more frequently used so when someone breaks out the reds, people tend to think it's pretty important. > > As for the people who think "Caution" is more threatening than "Danger!".... > ell, I could take the time to think of an analogy for them, but I'll keep it simple and just say that we should probably just ignore them. My mistake - I consider there to be a difference in the yellow "caution" ping and the red "danger" ping, and I use them in different situations. I consider the red "danger" ping to be more urgent and important than the yellow one. I meant that I've seen some people on boards talk about the two, and that they say red "danger ping" and yellow "caution" ping are reversed in importance for them because of the sound it makes - to them, the red one sounds less threatening/important, and the yellow one is more urgent, so they use them that way.
One thing to keep in mind, some people never learned about the yellow ping, especially newer players that just get defaulted to the wheel.
: I don't remember Elise having true damage...
I thought she did max health true damage but it's max health magic damage for elise.
: I might be wrong here, but Ahri has flat true damage, Cho has flat true damage, Darius has relatively flat true damage, Irelia has empowered auto flat true damage, Olaf has true damage at a health cost, Tahm has true damage? You are right on vayne thou.
I thought he did max health true damage but it's max health magic damage for tham.
: About the whole %hp true damage thing. Well,Garen is the 3rd champ to get it........in a game with 120+ champs.I say it's still pretty rare & unique mechanic.And with Garen,it's only on the person who got the most recent kill.
{{champion:103}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:2}} {{champion:67}} Edit: was not confirming nor denying the previous statement, just listing everyone I knew that had true damage in any form useable against champions.
: New HUD overall major set back
_**UI Substitution**_ **1. No movement in the HUD. ** The lack of moveable elements in the new HUD makes it seem like a substitution than an update. We're not improving a ui, were swapping it with a different one. There is simply no reason why we shouldn't have a movable ui other than pure laziness on the development end. Customization of the HUD should be up to the player, as they will find what is comfortable, the same way you find what hand placement and f/d summoner spell placement. I shouldn't be limited by what riot thinks is acceptable. Unlike what some people claim, it is not an unfair advantage to be able to move the HUD and have it in a different location, otherwise you couldn't swap what side the minimap was on. **2. It takes up less space** So? Why is that necessarily a good thing? I can tell you that after playing it on pbe for the past 2 weeks, not once has that extra screen space let me dodge a skill shot. Having more space to look won't increase reaction time. **3. Decreased use of peripherals** This is the most concerning part of mushing everything together. No longer can I use the corner of my eye to see when an ally just got chunked in top lane, or them gaining a level. I didn't have to look there to see what was going on. Now, when in 1 place, I have to spend more time looking for the information I want, rather than a quick glance at most. But oh don't worry, you'll get used to it. Actually, no I won't. That's what they said about splitting up the buffs/debuffs into 2 locations, so I now have to check 2 locations for the same information. I still forget the affects are over on the left side. _ But op that takes no time at all._ Just remember, the east coast complains about 40-50 difference in ping. We have not been given an 'objectively better' UI. We have done nothing more but switch from Coke to Pepsi, and are told to just 'get used to it,' like we were told with cass and viegar reworks. Sounds more like Stockholm Syndrome than an improvement. So I will not be thrilled with this substitution. Does it implement new features? Yes. But it steps on toes to do so. Moving my UI shouldn't prevent these feature from existing, nor should showing allies ult timers.
: THIS HUD SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......
_**UI Substitution**_ **1. No movement in the HUD. ** The lack of moveable elements in the new HUD makes it seem like a substitution than an update. We're not improving a ui, were swapping it with a different one. There is simply no reason why we shouldn't have a movable ui other than pure laziness on the development end. Customization of the HUD should be up to the player, as they will find what is comfortable, the same way you find what hand placement and f/d summoner spell placement. I shouldn't be limited by what riot thinks is acceptable. Unlike what some people claim, it is not an unfair advantage to be able to move the HUD and have it in a different location, otherwise you couldn't swap what side the minimap was on. **2. It takes up less space** So? Why is that necessarily a good thing? I can tell you that after playing it on pbe for the past 2 weeks, not once has that extra screen space let me dodge a skill shot. Having more space to look won't increase reaction time. **3. Decreased use of peripherals** This is the most concerning part of mushing everything together. No longer can I use the corner of my eye to see when an ally just got chunked in top lane, or them gaining a level. I didn't have to look there to see what was going on. Now, when in 1 place, I have to spend more time looking for the information I want, rather than a quick glance at most. But oh don't worry, you'll get used to it. Actually, no I won't. That's what they said about splitting up the buffs/debuffs into 2 locations, so I now have to check 2 locations for the same information. I still forget the affects are over on the left side. _ But op that takes no time at all._ Just remember, the east coast complains about 40-50 difference in ping. We have not been given an 'objectively better' UI. We have done nothing more but switch from Coke to Pepsi, and are told to just 'get used to it,' like we were told with cass and viegar reworks. Sounds more like Stockholm Syndrome than an improvement. So I will not be thrilled with this substitution. Does it implement new features? Yes. But it steps on toes to do so. Moving my UI shouldn't prevent these feature from existing, nor should showing allies ult timers.
Lafouboy (NA)
: This new HUD is terrible. Please give an option to revert your HUD to the previous one.
: How I feel reading my stats on the new HUD
Larcos (NA)
: If the info is too small there is a scale that makes the HUD larger in one of the tabs in the option menu.
thats scales everything, not just the text, so then you cover up the space riot just tried to free up.
: Your a bunch of crybabies. Seriously, its fine. Its sleeker, its more compact. It serves its purpose. Everyone on this forums is too afraid of change, and lash out instantly if you touch anything.
Compact =/= better. Everything had its own dedicated space. Now they just clumped it together. You want it compact? FIne. Release a Modular UI.
: The New HUD is an Absolutely Terrible and Counter-Intuitive Addition to the Game & Here is Why
: New Ward Pings
Rioter Comments
Pika310 (NA)
: The State of Sona
*NOTE: I am not suggesting that all of these changes are implemented, merely providing some options. While I am not a Sona main, I am a support main, so I do have some sense of action in the bot lane. * I was on board with patch 5.1 where they decreased the damage on her q. I felt Sona was a little strong against any melee support, and it was almost a free lane. However, i think riot is taking the wrong direction in trying to modify her. Although i can't speak for base/scaling stat changes on HP, AD, Mana and MS,** I think the largest issue with {{champion:37}} still exists. The uses for her W or E power-cord are simply too far and few between to warrant not using the Q power cord every time you can.** Even before her rework the Q power cord was the most important. But, rather than nerfing the Q, buff the E and W power cords. The W passive is currently: “DIMINUENDO: If this spell was last cast when Power Chord is ready, Power Chord will also reduce the target's damage output by 20% (+ 2% per 100 AP) for 3 seconds.” * Perhaps make it scale? And not as in more or increased AP scaling, but rather the base damage. Changing it to 10/20/30/40/50 or 15/20/25/30/35 %, and maybe remove the AP scaling. * OR perhaps we increase the Debuff time to 4 seconds? * OR we could change the debuff to an AOE debuff. It doesn't have to be large, just the range of the Trist or Kayle E. It may not apply 20% to everyone, it could give smaller debuffs with the AOE The E passive is currently: “TEMPO: If this spell was last cast when Power Chord is ready, Power Chord will also slow the target by 40% (+ 4% per 100 AP) for 2 seconds.” * Again, consider scaling this to add more power. Change it to 30/35/40/45/50 or some variation, meaning a late game sona will have more reasons to use it, and she is no longer “oppressive” in lane. * Again, we can Increase the debuff time to 3 or 4 seconds * And again, it could be made AOE, either at full or reduced power. ***Forcing Sona's to make a cognitive decision on what to cast will help separate the good Sona's from the great Sona's.*** **Now onto the Auras themselves** There have also been complaints that with such a low aura range late game Sonas have to be in the front line to give the buffs to their team. Because Sona is so squishy, it is VERY easy for her to get killed by AOE or a simple switch in targeting by the enemy team. Straight up buffing the ranges may be seen as to strengthening, so why not make her ult increase the range of her auras like with Gnar? IE while the base aura range is 350 units, 1 point in the ult would make it 375 or 400 units, ETC, so with 3 points in ult her auras would be at the range of 425 or 500. This prevents oppresive laning while providing some safety in late game team fights. W shield has also been considered underwhelming. Perhaps increasing the duration of the shield from 1.5 seconds to 2 2.5 or 3 seconds. E has similar complaints, and the same potential fixes. Performing some of these changes could be compensated by lowering the Q power cord to 30% bonus damage instead of 40%, and maybe some base values on the abilities. That would be fine as long as you provided more options. TL;DR: Give {{champion:37}} a reason to use W or E power cord, and consider some other small changes can help bring her to a balanced and fun state.
: Recent changes to Quick Cast with Range Indicators
> [{quoted}](name=RickVanPrim,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=itnujTYb,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-04-10T19:21:36.293+0000) > **So here’s what we’re going to do.** > We are fixing the right mouse cancel bug and re-implementing the old quick cast with range indicator behavior. In other words, abilities will continue to fire on **button release**, rather than on **button press**. So is that being hotfixed or is that going to wait until 5.8?
: Infamous Matchmaking at it again!
https://youtu.be/isVrIuraCs0?t=3m19s > With the Fredrick Fucks matchmaking system, winning ranked is a thing of the past, and introducing a new technology witch matches you with silver players against a platinum team.
: About Sona - Can we make her W and E more benefiting to max first?
*NOTE: I am not suggesting that all of these changes are implemented, merely providing some options. While I am not a Sona main, I am a support main, so I do have some sense of action in the bot lane. * I was on board with patch 5.1 where they decreased the damage on her q. I felt Sona was a little strong against any melee support, and it was almost a free lane. However, i think riot is taking the wrong direction in trying to modify her. Although i can't speak for base/scaling stat changes on HP, AD, Mana and MS,** I think the largest issue with {{champion:37}} still exists. The uses for her W or E power-cord are simply too far and few between to warrant not using the Q power cord every time you can.** Even before her rework the Q power cord was the most important. But, rather than nerfing the Q, buff the E and W power cords. The W passive is currently: “DIMINUENDO: If this spell was last cast when Power Chord is ready, Power Chord will also reduce the target's damage output by 20% (+ 2% per 100 AP) for 3 seconds.” * Perhaps make it scale? And not as in more or increased AP scaling, but rather the base damage. Changing it to 10/20/30/40/50 or 15/20/25/30/35 %, and maybe remove the AP scaling. * OR perhaps we increase the Debuff time to 4 seconds? * OR we could change the debuff to an AOE debuff. It doesn't have to be large, just the range of the Trist or Kayle E. It may not apply 20% to everyone, it could give smaller debuffs with the AOE The E passive is currently: “TEMPO: If this spell was last cast when Power Chord is ready, Power Chord will also slow the target by 40% (+ 4% per 100 AP) for 2 seconds.” * Again, consider scaling this to add more power. Change it to 30/35/40/45/50 or some variation, meaning a late game sona will have more reasons to use it, and she is no longer “oppressive” in lane. * Again, we can Increase the debuff time to 3 or 4 seconds * And again, it could be made AOE, either at full or reduced power. ***Forcing Sona's to make a cognitive decision on what to cast will help separate the good Sona's from the great Sona's.*** **Now onto the Auras themselves** There have also been complaints that with such a low aura range late game Sonas have to be in the front line to give the buffs to their team. Because Sona is so squishy, it is VERY easy for her to get killed by AOE or a simple switch in targeting by the enemy team. Straight up buffing the ranges may be seen as to strengthening, so why not make her ult increase the range of her auras like with Gnar? IE while the base aura range is 350 units, 1 point in the ult would make it 375 or 400 units, ETC, so with 3 points in ult her auras would be at the range of 425 or 500. This prevents oppresive laning while providing some safety in late game team fights. W shield has also been considered underwhelming. Perhaps increasing the duration of the shield from 1.5 seconds to 2 2.5 or 3 seconds. E has similar complaints, and the same potential fixes. Performing some of these changes could be compensated by lowering the Q power cord to 30% bonus damage instead of 40%, and maybe some base values on the abilities. That would be fine as long as you provided more options. TL;DR: Give {{champion:37}} a reason to use W or E power cord, and consider some other small changes can help bring her to a balanced and fun state.
: DJ Sona Q&A [CLOSED]
So i know there was some feedback from people not happy with the voice, I was wondering if you had changed it, and why that decision was made in the first place. Personally, when i was looking at it on videos showcasing the skin it just seemed to add more clutter to the music audio, and I didn't feel like it harmonized. Sona was always about melodious music, and even the Kinetic and Concussion tracks are slightly melodious, but the voice kind of derails it. At some point it all just blends together into noise instead of music.
: The only response a thread like this could get is the delicately worded 6-12 paragraph response that you would expect from a politician, who puts an exorbitant amount of effort in saying absolutely nothing at all. What we have seen in the past from these are them bringing up an issue we already knew existed months prior, acknowledging it exists, and then we are assured that it would be looked into. A notable example of this was the case with mobility and mobility creep...do I need to explain what happened or have we suffered enough of it? Do we need to look at the win rate argument where a Rioter will say win rates make a difference in terms of strength while completely refuting that point saying it doesn't matter when talking about another champion? That said, should their blatant favoritism be added to that list? Why are some champions able to walk out of nerf territory virtually unscathed while others of a lower power and pick rate are run over by the nerf truck and/or assigned an entirely new identity out of the blue regardless of player feedback? We deserve answers for what Riot wants to do, because a lot of us are confused. This AMA-type of discussion also needs to be on the League boards - NOT ON REDDIT! I can't stress this last part enough, because along with the recent lack of proof that Riot holds up to their claims and philosophies, most Redditors can't prove they truly play League in the first place. Edit: Wanted to point out that I'm not ignoring Reinboom reaching out to the community, this is unexpected and very much appreciated.
Rioters don't even talk on reddit either. The only one who ever shows up is usually Phreak, who spews something about why riot is right and the community is wrong, then never comes back to the thread. After that its just people for PR stuff, never balance. Riot continuously puts their faith in a single digit design and balancing team to handle a game played by millions of people. Even IronStylus talking about lore changes such as what the future of Mt. Targon is eludes to the fact that its being redesigned around what they want, not what the community wants. They blatantly ignore what we like about champions in favor of their own opinions (See people wanting assassin {{champion:103}} not mage {{champion:103}}, but riot ignoring the wants ). {{champion:45}} and {{champion:82}} changes have both received extremely negative criticism on both the Boards and Reddit, but they refuse to listen or acknowledge either of them, saying "This is what we envision for the champion," ignoring the community.
pleep (NA)
: Season 3 Veterans... do you remember when EVERYTHING was broken?
When {{champion:38}} was banned all game every game When {{champion:79}} two shot people When {{champion:85}} was viable When {{champion:22}} was a competitive pick When {{champion:92}} was Super broken When {{champion:98}} {{champion:56}} {{champion:4}} was a viable team comp When {{summoner:21}} was better than {{summoner:7}}
Rioter Comments
Sonaring (NA)
: 4K Sona games Master-Tier's Perspective of 5.3 Sona
mvargus (NA)
: I don't play Lux currently, although I did try her out the last time she was free. I'd like to say that I'm impressed by how calm and reasonable this post appears compared to most of the "balance X now" or more often "Nerf X Now!" posts that appear to populate this forum. I can definitely agree with 1 and 4, and 3 sounds reasonable. Can't say about 2 since as I said, I don't play Lux currently and don't know how bad her mana situation is.
Its fairly bad. Not unplayable like {{champion:3}} but she doesn't really have the ability to purchase a mana item and still be at her potential. Her ap scaling are phenomenal, but she only can use 4.5 slots, since {{item:3070}} going into {{item:3003}} isn't the most efficient, because the mana costs are so high, stacking tear would take a long time. She essentially needs blue buff to be effective in almost all stages of the game. Ideal Lux build was {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3157}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3174}} and then {{item:3116}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3151}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3041}} or {{item:3026}} (mejais would be picked up near the beginning not the end). However the nerfs to Athenes hit lux pretty hard, and leaves her with no magic resist in her core build, as well as mana issues.
: why are all the most OP champs female?
{{champion:105}} {{champion:59}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:64}} {{champion:238}} {{champion:101}} are some of the strong ones
Rioter Comments
: Curious, anyone feel free to jump in. What was the first thing you bought (if anything) from the League store? Something you just had to have. Mine was Headhunter Nid. Man that cat form was sick. Edit: Also congrats on the job friend!
Freiljord Ashe was on sale for 260 RP.
: Y-You mean not only she boasts the largest chest in League, but now the best butt too? rito pls. This does not compute.
{{champion:21}} would like to challenge the Breasts statement.
: NA Server Roadmap Update: PoPs, Peering, and the North Bridge
Time Warner Cable, 53150 (SE Wisconsin) it was reallllly bad in December, but after the changes i have gone from 69 to 76 Ping per game on average. The real issue is spikes. I spike crazy hard for a short time. And of course, its usually during a team fight :/ This is about an average game for me: http://logsoflag.com/#_zDuustc9D1 (Yes i know that this isn't 100% reliable, but its close)
: {{champion:98}} Day after day, I find myself immune to ad tops (besides {{champion:122}}). First, you annoy your enemy to death by throwing blades until you can leave with 755 (you need a potion) gold. If you take damage, Q and attack minions to heal it back up. With my runes, masteries, a {{item:1031}}, and some a few levels, I have effectively double the hp to ads (100 armor). As soon as I get a {{item:3068}} and {{item:3047}} , I lose all respect for any ad melees. I become an invincible tank god capable of traversing teams right to the adc. In duels, I shield your damage while also healing myself. If things are too even, I dash through you, taunting you into using basic attacks that do half damage on top of my other resistances. After a few seconds, you realize I'm missing 25% hp, and you HAVE 25% hp. You've just lost a duel to one of the lowest winrate champs in the game. His only main weakness is the fact that he tortures enemies with his slow kill speeds. {{champion:23}} *rage quits* {{champion:92}} "But his sword was so small" D: {{champion:238}} "Why am I targeting a tank again?" {{champion:5}} "A second has passed...and you're still here..." {{champion:62}} "A pole vs a sword? What was I smoking?" {{champion:86}} "He doesn't even do a bit of spinning" D:< {{champion:114}} "Never mind. I'd rather have a noob for my opponent. Just watch out for {{champion:39}} "Go ahead. Damage me." and ranged tops {{champion:17}}. As for non-ninjas, you only need 160 armor to still have double hp (100 armor) against any one armor-pen Item.
: {{champion:98}} Day after day, I find myself immune to ad tops (besides {{champion:122}}). First, you annoy your enemy to death by throwing blades until you can leave with 755 (you need a potion) gold. If you take damage, Q and attack minions to heal it back up. With my runes, masteries, a {{item:1031}}, and some a few levels, I have effectively double the hp to ads (100 armor). As soon as I get a {{item:3068}} and {{item:3047}} , I lose all respect for any ad melees. I become an invincible tank god capable of traversing teams right to the adc. In duels, I shield your damage while also healing myself. If things are too even, I dash through you, taunting you into using basic attacks that do half damage on top of my other resistances. After a few seconds, you realize I'm missing 25% hp, and you HAVE 25% hp. You've just lost a duel to one of the lowest winrate champs in the game. His only main weakness is the fact that he tortures enemies with his slow kill speeds. {{champion:23}} *rage quits* {{champion:92}} "But his sword was so small" D: {{champion:238}} "Why am I targeting a tank again?" {{champion:5}} "A second has passed...and you're still here..." {{champion:62}} "A pole vs a sword? What was I smoking?" {{champion:86}} "He doesn't even do a bit of spinning" D:< {{champion:114}} "Never mind. I'd rather have a noob for my opponent. Just watch out for {{champion:39}} "Go ahead. Damage me." and ranged tops {{champion:17}}. As for non-ninjas, you only need 160 armor to still have double hp (100 armor) against any one armor-pen Item.
: When did they "centralize" it? Last I heard (read), they upgraded their hardware and moved into a new building. That's not really centralizing.
> [{quoted}](name=Ariel the Cruel,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bJyaOGqB,comment-id=000d000000000000,timestamp=2015-01-21T19:49:14.330+0000) > > When did they "centralize" it? > Last I heard (read), they upgraded their hardware and moved into a new building. That's not really centralizing. http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=45503129#45503129 http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/riot-official/0YOGUwHG-stability-upgrade-and-planned-migration-for-na-servers)
: Because they're focusing their efforts on a more long-term solution that involves setting up a dedicated nation-wide network. Duct tape may be able to fix anything. but it's not always the best solution.
But it doesn't fix the issue that players not in California are still to far away from the servers. And last time they "centralized it" they moved them to Oregon.
: Here's the thing: I know people who live next door to Riot who have worse ping than I do (I'm in Boston) -- I'm at between 80 and 100, depending on my ISP's mood. Riot's already given a detailed explanation of what they're doing -- building their own network -- and, ***more importantly, has said that they're going to move to a central server after this network is complete.***
They also claimed they were moving it to a centralized location, witch was Oregon. Centralizing it for the west coast.
: Because they understand the complications of geographically dispersed networking better than you do. Either A: they are turning NA into two regions with independent ladders, ranks, and all the other goodies that go with it and thus effectively doubling the NA support overhead. Or B: reconfiguring the entire game codebase/infrastructure to handle geographically dispersed resource ... which is a herculean task by any measure (we're talking about a system that needs to sync transactions in seconds in order to feel satisfying while keeping players updated in milliseconds... and then put a continent between the said systems).
: 30s-1min lag spikes
I have had an increasing number of spikes over the past month. These links are from logs 1 month ago today: http://logsoflag.com/#SaH5onuaHKp http://logsoflag.com/#lv-oWA1qqwg And these are from today: http://logsoflag.com/#zlI7Dv2AFWp http://logsoflag.com/#Qju2SlnVQjl http://logsoflag.com/#8azRz07Arob http://logsoflag.com/#VhAIeczQCcJ http://logsoflag.com/#ldbaXat_UGN http://logsoflag.com/#jCXcZU7UxFw No change has undergone in the network from my side @Riot Just in case you want to see that its not today, i have more logs from the past month here: 12/14 http://logsoflag.com/#Jk4jYeprJ9n 12/21 http://logsoflag.com/#msTIcaSGzos 12/28 http://logsoflag.com/#tEVyrpIYFjg 1/4 http://logsoflag.com/#EbSEKsXEBbp (note it gets worse as time goes on)
: {{champion:131}} + {{champion:89}} = Astronomy
Speaking of {{champion:131}} + {{champion:89}} , since I know you are never busy, and especially not during the pre-season, give this one a try: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10756946/1/When-the-Heavens-Clash
: Detailed Feedback for the Update to Summoner's Rift
I have a slight concern. Part of the new change to jungle monsters included them reacting to when you just passed by, from a dormant to a non dormant state. Doesn't this alter gameplay because if an enemy is invading your jungle and you see monsters already awake, you know that you are being invaded? I understand that they are only active for a few seconds, but seconds make a huge difference. And, will the monsters still move if you are invisible? Further more when discussing the Respawn of objectives like Dragon or Baron, you see them before they enter the area. The few seconds that they see them may help a team who has no clue when dragon will respawn make a better decision, such as not smiting the wraiths (Every time they call it, its like clockwork). its only a few seconds but a few seconds matter. Say you are going to start pushing mid or taking baron after a successful team fight. Someone goes to drop a ward on baron and they see it starting to respawn. The whole team shifts to baron sooner than if they had to wait for the baron to respawn like on the old rift, where they might have committed to the midline already.
Lyte (NA)
: Rewards for positive play
Sure, why not. I've got nothing to lose (I don't think my {{champion:43}} is that bad, if so I may need to {{summoner:1}} my actions)
Show more

Packerfan504

Level 83 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion