: great post bro. One of the rare times I actually read through an entire thread. Wish we could get more of posts like this
Thanks. I try to make these kind of posts when I can, but its hard because they never tend to get any attention. I think I got lucky on this one, cause it drew Meddler's attention. If it didn't, I probably wouldn't even have half the votes I have right now.
Meddler (NA)
: Nice write up, your assessment of opportunity cost in particular. That matches pretty well with what we've seen in testing so far, where a lot of the stuff that sounds like it could be overbearing at first glance ends up ok, or even weak, because of how valuable the other runes you're giving up are. Also worth noting that Clarity's not available on SR and CV's been gone for a while now, so while Summoner Specialist's probably appealing to a number of supports those won't be part of the appeal for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ELjFwVtj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-24T01:50:35.149+0000) > > Also worth noting that Clarity's not available on SR and CV's been gone for a while now, so while Summoner Specialist's probably appealing to a number of supports those won't be part of the appeal for them. :\ How did I forget these? Bah.....my bad. Completely forgot.
: > [{quoted}](name=Paleo Electro,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=4KAg8Y1F,comment-id=000b00010001,timestamp=2017-08-23T23:24:13.591+0000) > > Well, you did just say in an earlier comment that you can limit what spells you can rotate out. > > Why not just keep Smite out completely initially? Otherwise, we could end up with another Mid smite Ezereal meta. Or Twitch building devourer, or top lane tanks going Cinderhulk. > > Yeah, the more I think of this, the better it sounds to not be able to swap into or out of smite. Yeah, there's a pretty good chance we end up doing that for the reasons you outline. We'd really like junglers to be able to take this, though, so finding a balance is going to be tough.
Why not make it to where, if you have these items, you only get the stats they offer, and none of the effects, if you don't have smite? Like Runeglaive's Luden's pop, or Cinderhulk's burn and bonus hp? This would make it unappealing to laners, since the moment they switched off of Smite, the items become horribly gold inefficient. But it also allows junglers a choice: "Do I keep smite for gold efficiency, or do I swap it out for a high impact play like a teleport gank?" Just an idea. Hope it helps.
  Rioter Comments
Meddler (NA)
: Jungle items and swapping - still need to figure that out, along with some other stuff around smite. As usual this stuff's all work in progress, not a look at final things that will be released as is. Righteous Glory and Randuin's plus Freezeray would indeed create a slow zone per enemy champ hit.
Well, you did just say in an earlier comment that you can limit what spells you can rotate out. Why not just keep Smite out completely initially? Otherwise, we could end up with another Mid smite Ezereal meta. Or Twitch building devourer, or top lane tanks going Cinderhulk. Yeah, the more I think of this, the better it sounds to not be able to swap into or out of smite.
: And they got to express that in the form of skins. That does not mean people are required to be grateful. That's a terrible mentality to have that goes onto encourage bad quality work. "You got a skin you should be grateful" So even if the skin is shit I have to be happy with it? Yeah nah fuck that.
Have you ever done something artisically, worked your ass off on it, and in the end, felt proud you made it? Think if you go to someone to show it off, but instead of being impressed, they're disgusted. Instead of giving you criticism, they just say "God, this is awful. Get this piece of crap out of my sight." Now think of you making that artistic piece as a present for someone, but they have that kind of reaction. Hopefully, you now get an idea as to Riot's position when they get complaints such as this. They can't improve on the skin, because none of it is constructive criticism, it's just blatant disrespect. Saying the skin is bad because "Riot artists get paid to do this, thus it should be better than this." is really one of the worst arguments you could possibly have. Eternum Cass is a 1350 skin, meaning it took around 6 to 8 months to make. Meaning, they probably started work on this skin around preseason. The artists that worked on it would have spent days, weeks, even months tryng iteration after iteration in trying to get this skin to their quality standard. Months of work going into a skin from a large group of people, and all you guys can respond with is "What the hell is this, Riot? We deserve better." No, they are not entitled to praise, but they are entitled to some damn respect and constructive criticism for the amount of work they put into it.
Agomoto (NA)
: Y'all so negative, you obviously stick around for a reason unless you hate yourself and want to torture yourself they made an amazing game that we have all fallen in love with that's why we stick around, so instead of have a negative ass attitude why don't we have a glass half full point of view and here I thought it was going to be a wholesome thread. (Facepalm)
> [{quoted}](name=Agomoto,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZhfGeWF,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2017-08-23T01:59:06.835+0000) > > Y'all so negative, you obviously stick around for a reason unless you hate yourself and want to torture yourself they made an amazing game that we have all fallen in love with that's why we stick around, so instead of have a negative ass attitude why don't we have a glass half full point of view and here I thought it was going to be a wholesome thread. (Facepalm) You're a bit late, my friend. This thread is already forgotten. But I agree. The current bandwagon right now seems to be "I HATE RIOT, AND EVERYTHING THEIR DOING!!!!" Seriously. Cass gets a new skin after several years? "THIS SKIN LOOKS AWFUL!!!" Volibear gets new/updated lore thanks to Ornn? "VOLI'S LORE SUCKS NOW!!!" Ahri gets a Legendary skin? "WHAT THE HELL RIOT?!?!? STOP SHOWING FAVORITISM!!!" Ughhhhhhhhh. These boards really irk me sometimes, because the negative people always end up louder than the positive. And if the positive try to speak up, we're downvoted into oblivion, and can never make our voices heard cause the negative believe we're "naive" and "soft" with wool over our eyes. I'm actually amazed that this tbread survived to make it to the front page at all, especially since I put it in GD, where all of the negative people seem to be pooling right now. And you can certainly see that they tried to bring it down, since nearly every comment here is someone who thinks "League is garbage right now". I'll admit that 2016 wasn't a pretty year for League, even Riot admits it to some extent. But I believe it was a wake up call for them, and this year, along with what we know is coming next year all points to 2018 being a great year for League. So, let these people rage all they want. For they may as well get it out now before they lose all power.
: She looks like Daenerys Targaryen, I love it!
She does! At first, I didn't see it, only thinking she looked familiar. Took a second look, and it finally hit me.
: Yeah, I never really thought about it, but we have Emerald Taric and Amethyst Ashe, but it kinda stopped there. Why no ruby, sapphire, topaz champ skins? I want a skin line!
Well, if you're talking about just gem style champs, than yeah. If not, and your just talking about special rocks in general, we do have Bloodstone, Earthrune, Blight Crystal, Dark Crystal, and Obsidian. I do agree though, this kind of theme needs to be fleshed out more.
: > [{quoted}](name=Paleo Electro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XOmP9hIB,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2017-08-21T18:43:34.595+0000) > > You're not the OP for this thread. Are you the one who wrote up this "leak"? Cause if so, you just blatantly admitted that this is a *prediction* and not a *leak*. > > As for your point towards PROJECT, I agree. All 3 fit the theme, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them added to the roster at some point. But as of now, the timing is simply way too tight. It takes close to a year to make a legendary skin, so if the next batch does have one, it very well could be Quinn, but Diana and Talon will not join her. You just look. I am sure they will release them. And last leak was already confirmed with every single detail. :/ So I too don't believe leaks but this sounds like it will 100% come :/ now for your knowledge Riot Games can cancel skins without saying anything so you can't be 100% sure that this leak is not true. Now about that. I am not OP but still wrote everything I could and I am fo' sure next project franchise CAN NOT include 1 Skin. :/ at least 3? I think{{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} So like, don't think I am rude to you. but ye.
When was anything confirmed on this leak? Because so far, I've seen none of it confirmed. And no, I can't be sure if a leak is true or not. But I can discredit it, and not believe it. So far, I've only seen 1 leak come true, and that was the one that had Elementalist Lux in it, and if I remember correctly, it was from someone who was actually invited to Riot. Right now, it just seems that people are trying to hop on that band wagon, and put up threads containing "leaks" just to get upvotes and get noticed. Also, yes, the next batch of PROJECT skins will very likely be more than 1 skin. My point is that Diana and Talon *WILL NOT BE IN THAT BATCH*. This I can be certain of due to Riot's release cycles.
: Have you never heard the term "charted" when talking about rhythm games? What about "mapped"?
Nope. I've only really played Guitar Hero 3 and Metalica in the past, and never REALLY got into them. I'm not a musician either, so, terms like that are all new to me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Paleo Electro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=XOmP9hIB,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2017-08-20T22:56:05.606+0000) > > Both Diana and Talon just got Blood Moon skins. There is no way that both of them would be grouped together for another set of skins so soon. Considering when the last batch of PROJECT skins came out, we would have reason to believe that if there is another batch coming out, they would be out sometime before Christmas, if not with pre-season. > > That is around 8 to 10 months to make a new skin for a champ, and if you take a look at Riot's release cycle close enough, you may notice that they stay away from most champions who get a skin for at least 6 months before they get to work on a new skin. > > That leaves 2 to 4 months to complete 2 skins of a high quality skin line such as PROJECT, which is no where near enough time to complete one, let alone 2 or 3. > > So just that alone makes this leak lose all credibility for me. Also......Winter Wonder Illaoi? Look at the previous Winter Wonder skins......how on Earth does Illaoi fit that thematic? Snow Day? Sure, but definitely not Winter Wonder. > > You may ask "What's the difference?". Snow Day is the less formal, and "fun" side of winter skins. Winter Wonder is the more formal, and elegant side. Since when has Illaoi EVER been formal and elegant? ok lets calculate: Last PROJECT skins came out EXACTLY 1 year ago and Blood Moon skin line came out Exactly 6 months ago. I am not waiting them but they DESERVE PROJECT skins and lets wait another 6 months :D Maybe on January we will have another PROJECT skin line oh btw I just remembered EVERY PROJECT skin has "Leaders" that have legendary skin like 1st project line had "PROJECT: Yi" 2nd one had "PROJECT: Ashe" and now it might have "PROJECT: Quinn" Bro everything is possible. Now I DID NOT SPECIFY WHAT ILLAOI SKIN IT WILL BE I JUST WROTE IT both leaks have different skin lines: One has Snow Day and second Winter Wonder :D now for your knowledge I would say Snow Day Illaoi CAUSE SYNDRA AND GNAR ARE IN THERE and dont even get me started. You have to have good statements before saying something.
You're not the OP for this thread. Are you the one who wrote up this "leak"? Cause if so, you just blatantly admitted that this is a *prediction* and not a *leak*. As for your point towards PROJECT, I agree. All 3 fit the theme, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see them added to the roster at some point. But as of now, the timing is simply way too tight. It takes close to a year to make a legendary skin, so if the next batch does have one, it very well could be Quinn, but Diana and Talon will not join her.
Sohleks (NA)
: I tried to do something like that years ago with an ini file, but the situation then was my champ would go moving through the shop and minimap so it was too impactical. Now I've been playing league for 6 years so I find no point in relearning anything. I'm old
It's actually the same here. It keeps you from being able to click on anything without using shift-click, or else your character will move to wherever on the map you clicked, even if you just click on the mini-map to change your camera. Because of that, I actually had to redo my entire hotkey set up, and basically move everything down one row of keys so I could reach the shift key. So now, instead of using QWER for abilities, I'm using ASDF, along with mostly everything else moved down. I also think it disable the alt-click function that allows you to ping things on your hud. I'm not sure if I accidentally pressed something somewhere, or if its due to the new function, but, yeah. It all takes getting used to, but I can tell its worth it, and I've only been at it for about a week and a half now.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Did you see this new leak? has connections with the last leak [The one with a Popstar Poppy]
Both Diana and Talon just got Blood Moon skins. There is no way that both of them would be grouped together for another set of skins so soon. Considering when the last batch of PROJECT skins came out, we would have reason to believe that if there is another batch coming out, they would be out sometime before Christmas, if not with pre-season. That is around 8 to 10 months to make a new skin for a champ, and if you take a look at Riot's release cycle close enough, you may notice that they stay away from most champions who get a skin for at least 6 months before they get to work on a new skin. That leaves 2 to 4 months to complete 2 skins of a high quality skin line such as PROJECT, which is no where near enough time to complete one, let alone 2 or 3. So just that alone makes this leak lose all credibility for me. Also......Winter Wonder Illaoi? Look at the previous Winter Wonder skins......how on Earth does Illaoi fit that thematic? Snow Day? Sure, but definitely not Winter Wonder. You may ask "What's the difference?". Snow Day is the less formal, and "fun" side of winter skins. Winter Wonder is the more formal, and elegant side. Since when has Illaoi EVER been formal and elegant?
: > [{quoted}](name=Paleo Electro,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZhfGeWF,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-08-20T06:55:27.244+0000) > > I'm not talking about _just_ game balance, I'm talking about the entire League of Legends experience as a whole. As for the "nightmare", we all know that this particular preseason will be pretty hectic. However, afterwards, when the dust settles, it could be something new and different. I know, I just believe at the end of the day the gameplay is what matters. If it's in a fun, relatively balanced state, people are happy. If it's not, no measure of other features can compensate for it IMO. So to me, to say something like 'the game in 2018 is on the right track', almost all the reasons you listed weren't even related to that statement, because gameplay = the game. Hope that clears it up. I'm optimistic for 2018 too, I am excited for the runes/masteries
> [{quoted}](name=Noblewind,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZhfGeWF,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2017-08-20T13:56:49.172+0000) > > I know, I just believe at the end of the day the gameplay is what matters. If it's in a fun, relatively balanced state, people are happy. If it's not, no measure of other features can compensate for it IMO. So to me, to say something like 'the game in 2018 is on the right track', almost all the reasons you listed weren't even related to that statement, because gameplay = the game. Hope that clears it up. I'm optimistic for 2018 too, I am excited for the runes/masteries Alright. Understandable. Some play for the game, others play for the stories behind the characters, and others would play to try to join a pro team. Seems like you're one of the game people.
: A little confused tbh with how OP links their points to their statement. A lot of good things are mentioned, yet when it comes to the actual game (Ranked SR), the only thing mentioned is a (balance) nightmare. I'm optimistic too, but I fail to see how lore and extra gamemodes do anything to change gameplay
> [{quoted}](name=Noblewind,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZhfGeWF,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2017-08-20T06:44:00.957+0000) > > A little confused tbh with how OP links their points to their statement. A lot of good things are mentioned, yet when it comes to the actual game (Ranked SR), the only thing mentioned is a (balance) nightmare. I'm optimistic too, but I fail to see how lore and extra gamemodes do anything to change gameplay I'm not talking about _just_ game balance, I'm talking about the entire League of Legends experience as a whole. As for the "nightmare", we all know that this particular preseason will be pretty hectic. However, afterwards, when the dust settles, it could be something new and different.
: I'm actually curious now that there's been so many reworks to the bad champions that have made them good if they did nemesis draft again who would be the most played champs (beyond ye'olde "giv 5 adc then everyone go tabi thornmail" and "giv 5 no dmg supports")
> [{quoted}](name=flibitydoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZhfGeWF,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2017-08-19T23:41:37.830+0000) > > I'm actually curious now that there's been so many reworks to the bad champions that have made them good > > if they did nemesis draft again who would be the most played champs (beyond ye'olde "giv 5 adc then everyone go tabi thornmail" and "giv 5 no dmg supports") {{champion:266}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:203}} {{champion:82}} {{champion:35}} would be my guesses. In the lower elos, it would be some of the more complicated champs, like {{champion:34}} {{champion:41}} {{champion:92}}, not because they're bad, but because no one knows how to play them properly.
: \>be prepared for the balance nightmare that will come with it) You mean to say it already isn't poorly balanced already? Because it is. League is a mess right now. The constant change for change sake, isn't how you create a lasting game. It just makes it harder to watch and keep up with. The constant adding of items that don't need to exist, the reworks that break champions in one direction or another, never, ever in a balanced way, the new champions who haven't had a balanced released in probably years, complexity for complexity. Its not fun. \>but also the lore I like a good story with my murder, and it'll be nice for a change. Granted this opens up a world of social issues that are bound to happen because people love to get up in arms over every little detail. eh, minor issue. \>esports Esports has been shoved in our faces and down our throats every single year since this game took off. This also comes back to a balance nightmare. They wanna create such a lasting, timeless game but continue to change things just to mess with things. This also compounds my added hate for professional league. Its boring to watch, the Koreans pretty much run the show for not just, KR, but EU and NA too at this point, and it feels like thats all riot gives a shit about because LC$ big pays. Im so fucking tired of Esports after 5 years. I like this game, really I do. I've spent 7 years June 15th, playing it. I just hate the direction it continues to go down. Change is fine, but not when its done just because.
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Templar,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WZhfGeWF,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-19T07:21:20.458+0000) > > \>be prepared for the balance nightmare that will come with it) > > You mean to say it already isn't poorly balanced already? Because it is. League is a mess right now. The constant change for change sake, isn't how you create a lasting game. It just makes it harder to watch and keep up with. The constant adding of items that don't need to exist, the reworks that break champions in one direction or another, never, ever in a balanced way, the new champions who haven't had a balanced released in probably years, complexity for complexity. Its not fun. In 2016, they changed alot just for change. Dragons, masteries, mages, etc. I can agree with your point, but this year, and quite possibly next, it does seem as if Riot took a step in the right direction. They are changing what needs to be changed. In fact, to challenge your wish of things never changing, just look at runes. They've barely been touched for years, and I'm sure everyone can agree that they have not aged well. They *need* to be changed, and Riot is changing them not just for the sake of change. > > \>esports > > Esports has been shoved in our faces and down our throats every single year since this game took off. This also comes back to a balance nightmare. They wanna create such a lasting, timeless game but continue to change things just to mess with things. This also compounds my added hate for professional league. Its boring to watch, the Koreans pretty much run the show for not just, KR, but EU and NA too at this point, and it feels like thats all riot gives a shit about because LC$ big pays. Im so fucking tired of Esports after 5 years. I agree that I would like someone else to win worlds besides Korea. But you also have to remember that that is essentially the birthplace of E-sports, and it is FAR more established than it is over here in the west. They're the best, because they're the most experienced, and like the saying goes "if you can't beat them, join them." It's the same with every sport. A basketball team in Europe would have no chance at beating an NBA team, whereas a soccer team here in America would struggle against a team from Brazil. So, until the west, or, hell, the rest of the world E-sports scene establishes a better foothold, Korea will remain dominant. And the new franchising may very well push it towards that. As for you feeling that E-sports is boring well......I'm sorry. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
: hmmm i downloaded it , i extracted the folder in my desktop then i opened it, clicked windows no editor and clicked the application (sorry for my bad english i hope you can understand)
No, you're fine. I guess it just is a compatibility issue.
: > [{quoted}](name=Paleo Electro,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GPdc9igl,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2017-08-19T06:35:41.686+0000) > > In the manga/anime One Piece, there is one thing you can always be assured of: if a character doesn't die in front of your eyes, you can safely assume that that character is alive, despite the other characters saying that they are dead. > > However, that is One Piece, and the writer, Oda, doesn't like death in his story. Just this comic alone shows us that Riot writers are not like that. However, we are only _told_ that the kid dies. We are not 100% certain if he his. > > While we have strong reason to believe that he his dead, it is very possible that the writers are intentionally trying to make us think that, that way, if they ever bring him back in some form, the surprise factor is that more impactful. Didnt they mention that Decius's head was cut off and sent back to his general.
Yes, but we are _TOLD_ that. Quill never says that she herself saw the head, and considering Darius didn't even know that Quill's son was drafted into the army, it could be very possible that the general got the kid mixed up with somebody else.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Packin a Wallop,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=GPdc9igl,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2017-08-19T01:31:53.825+0000) > > It's implied heavily but there is no 100% way of telling if he is without a rioters confirmation Really hate when they do these lore things where they intentionally leave it vague but dont confirm it. Like why? Where never going to know if you dont tell us, its not something to be reserved for a later story. Just satisfy our curiosity jeez its not that hard.
In the manga/anime One Piece, there is one thing you can always be assured of: if a character doesn't die in front of your eyes, you can safely assume that that character is alive, despite the other characters saying that they are dead. However, that is One Piece, and the writer, Oda, doesn't like death in his story. Just this comic alone shows us that Riot writers are not like that. However, we are only _told_ that the kid dies. We are not 100% certain if he his. While we have strong reason to believe that he his dead, it is very possible that the writers are intentionally trying to make us think that, that way, if they ever bring him back in some form, the surprise factor is that more impactful.
: Funny how the champ with arguably the worst release ever is now the most popular against all-time community favorites like Kha Velk or Lucian
Hes the most popular in this group. You honestly think he can stand against Jhin, or Ahri?
Rioter Comments
: Bring back season 1! Wheres my innervating locket? Where's my malady!? WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SOUL SHROUD AND FORCE OF NATURE!??! Ok Im done :D
So, I wasn't around in season 1, but, looking at Leaguepedia.... Force of Nature was just......weird. I can see very few people building it, because it gave only health regen and MR. Locket looks VERY strong on paper, I'm not sure how strong it was in practice. But an aura that gives mana regen? Oh boy......that sounds incredibly hard to balance. Soul Shroud was fricken overpowered as hell. A CDR _AND_ mana regen aura.....are you kidding me?!?!? That would be built on _EVERYONE_ today that uses mana. No wonder they removed it. Holy hell. And finally, Malady is basically Nashor's Tooth, just with MR shred (hello Kayle, Warwick, Corki).
: well done riot it's so good
How did you get it to run, if I may ask? I keep getting a "Fatal Error!" message, which says at the top that the game crashed.
GMLexa (NA)
: Guys im getting an error, https://i.gyazo.com/7e02426d663628e520fa411a2d54b260.png What's up with this :s
I'm getting that too. He did say in the main post that it isn't compatible on all machines, but, I thought he meant operating systems. Maybe there's something to do with laptops that makes it not work. Oh well......you ought to expect this kind of thing from a game made in only 48 hours. Still have to give them props though, it looks awesome from the videos.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: August 18
There have been quite a few threads popping up about Twitch, and his current dominance over solo queue. Even though you guys are in a Worlds mind set right now, do you have any plans for Twitch? I may not be one of those people that can't stand him, but I will admit that he has been strong for quite some time. Even during Caitlyn's dominance, he was always number 2 on every one's list.
Rioter Comments
Echoing (NA)
: Stickied.
I'm sorry if I sounded rude, I just didn't want to see such a useful tool go to waste.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I finally got the single champion I wanted to play in URF
Nah. You know whats not fair? Kicking ass on a tank, going 14/5/17, and still losing because your team bled objectives all game long, and your carries had no clue as to how to stay alive. _That_ is unfair.
: lol damn he must've just won a ton of money
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=pBnkWGt7,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-08-14T19:34:32.789+0000) > > lol damn he must've just won a ton of money I don't think he made that much. He only got a percentage of the earnings _in_ the Netherlands, not all over the world. Meaning, he only got a fraction of a _very small fraction_ of whatever Riot made on the skin. If anything, it probably made a very small bump in Riot's bank account.....hell either Brandon or Marc (co-founders of Riot) could have paid him themselves.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: For those interested: http://i.imgur.com/4tQgc1c.jpg?__DAMN__YOU__OP
Nah, sorry, Braum tops this......and any other released.
: It is the sixth time I've watched the Mortal Reminder video.
*Only* the sixth time? I watched it *at least* 20 times the day it came out!
: > [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JIuimTbs,comment-id=0003000400000000000200020000,timestamp=2017-08-13T01:13:36.127+0000) > > Not likely. We generally don't talk about VGUs until the go into full production as they have a chance of being canceled or ice boxed before that. They will generally go into production at a staggered rate. > > The champions roadmap will probably come after every 2 Champion releases, so after Ornn and Eve I will do a new one. They will generally talk about the next new champ, the next VGU going into production as well as go into deeper details on the VGU currently in full production. So the next one should include some info on the next new champ, a deeper dive into the Swain VGU and a announcement of who the next VGU after Swain will be. > > If there is any details on the smaller gameplay updates like Xin and such I will also include that stuff. I gotta ask, not flaming or anything just curious, why was the decision made to push back eve's vgu in favour of Xin ?
Not sure where you heard this, but Xin's update is small enough to where it shouldn't affect the release of a VGU.
Sunibee (NA)
: What about champions who have a solid gameplay identity and mostly need a Model update or VU? a great example would be {{champion:103}} who still has the nonsensical tails and odd bendy arm {{champion:64}} who mostly suffers from some hilarious almost out of place and archaic animations namely his auto attacks and idle. God Fist Lee Sin really gave people a taste of how a real monk would fight. {{champion:34}} who is just completely basic and devoid of any real details except for a purple crystal in her forehead . quite literally just a flying ice sculpture. {{champion:76}} stalks the battlefield clad in furry lingerie.From a era when Riot loved sending female champions onto the battlefield in battle bikini's (or B.R.A's AKA Battle Ready Armor) http://i.imgur.com/JlSbMAG.jpg I know a while back someone mentioned that Riot would stop doing solely VU's because they were under appreciated but I think doing having some updates that tackle other aspects of a champion beside their gameplay such as Voice Lines, Animations or a Model overhaul would still be a feasible idea.
VU's are tricky, because, like you said, their mostly under-appreciated. Even though I would love to see updated models on many champs, my guess is that if we are ever to see them updated, chances are that they would be grouped with a larger update. Ahri, for example, is actually not that bad. Sure, she's one of the season 2, 2-week release cycle champs, but all of those champs have aged fairly well, including Lee Sin. If I'm not mistaken, he came out just before the 2-week cycle fiasco really kicked into high gear, but, his animations have been "good enough" ever since. Most likely, we won't see those 2 get updated models for quite some time. Anivia is a different case, however. She's part of the original 40, and her model has not aged well at all, and some would even argue that her gameplay hasn't either. She's been slowly falling into the category of "forgotten champs" along with Yorick and Urgot for quite some time, but now that they've been updated, someone needs to fill that void. Her kit is basically the only thing that is keeping her alive right now, since it does reward very good play, but, I would not be surprised to see that Anivia is VERY high up on Riot's list of champions to do a full blown VGU on. My guess is that they would simply "modernize" her, similar to what they did with Warwick and Urgot. Nidalee is actually in the same league as Ahri and Lee, and ever since her mini-rework a couple seasons ago, Riot has been quite happy with where she has ended up. Sure, she could use some balancing tweaks, but, thats up to a different team. She isn't apart of the original 40 (coming out just soon after launch), but, she is one of the few early champs to have gotten a model update, along with TF, Katarina, Annie, and Master Yi. Because of this, her model and animations have aged quite well, so, it could be quite some time before we see anything done to her.
: > [{quoted}](name=Reav3,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=JIuimTbs,comment-id=00030004000000000002,timestamp=2017-08-12T21:10:53.467+0000) > > There's seems to be some confusion over the 60/40 thing so let me clear it up a bit. > > When I say 60/40 or 50/50 I'm not saying 6 new champs a year and 4 VGUs a year as we don't really try to get a certain amount of champions done a year. When I give those ratios I'm referring to the amount of resources dedicated to new champs vs VGUs. > > To add some more context we have 5 teams that can make either a VGU or a New Champ. Each team has one project in full production and 1 project in Ideation/discovery. This means that at any given time there is 10 champions in some stage of development. > > In the past, 3 of the teams only made new champs and the other 2 only did VGUs which led to our total resources being 60/40 in favor of New Champs. Now we have it set up so that any team can do either a VGU or a new champ. Currently we have 5 new champs and 5 VGUs in various stages of development, so our allocation is 50/50 at the moment. > > What specific time in a year or what percentage of these land in a given calendar year is unpredictable as we are more concerned with shipping something when it's ready rather than shipping a certain amount of champions in a year. One is another Ryze rework. One is Lablanc. Another is Aatrox. Another one is Ezreal. The final one is Swain or Lux at this point. You care so much about all of your champs. Karma is amazing and has been for four years now. Great job. *Rolls eyes*
The minor reworks are done by the balance team, not the champ up team. Azir, LeBlanc, and Aatrox belong to them, whereas Evelynn, Swain, and any new champ in production belongs to champ up.
Reav3 (NA)
: There's seems to be some confusion over the 60/40 thing so let me clear it up a bit. When I say 60/40 or 50/50 I'm not saying 6 new champs a year and 4 VGUs a year as we don't really try to get a certain amount of champions done a year. When I give those ratios I'm referring to the amount of resources dedicated to new champs vs VGUs. To add some more context we have 5 teams that can make either a VGU or a New Champ. Each team has one project in full production and 1 project in Ideation/discovery. This means that at any given time there is 10 champions in some stage of development. In the past, 3 of the teams only made new champs and the other 2 only did VGUs which led to our total resources being 60/40 in favor of New Champs. Now we have it set up so that any team can do either a VGU or a new champ. Currently we have 5 new champs and 5 VGUs in various stages of development, so our allocation is 50/50 at the moment. What specific time in a year or what percentage of these land in a given calendar year is unpredictable as we are more concerned with shipping something when it's ready rather than shipping a certain amount of champions in a year.
This sounds pretty awesome. Since this is news to us, do you think we'll see a new champ roadmap announcing 4 new VGU's in development, or is that WAY too optimistic?
: so who is after eves rework? I forgot if it was said or not
After Eve will be Swain, but don't expect him to be out until well after preseason......unless he's the first champ to be released with this new set up they have, which means he could be out as early as 8.1, if not sooner. As for who is after Swain, we have no word yet. If you're curious, I expect we'll see Evelynn in either 7.19 or 20.
: "Savage" Proceeds to make lifeless arm motions with little visual power behind them. His bear stance punch is literally a gentle tap with bear roar sfx.
I should have said that is what his base skin is *meant* to be like. If Riot ever does a VU for him, they would most likely focus on that aspect, kind of like what they did with Warwick.
Rioter Comments
: WELP! LEAGUE!
Yeah, this is a completely different issue that Riot has known about for quite some time. You have to install the new client from tbe legacy client. In the legacy launch screen, there should be a "launch new client" button down in the bottom right. If not, I'm not entirely sure what you have to do.
cinaquil (NA)
: Client Problems
Best option is to just let it work. League is a pretty big game, after all.
: Reinstalling League, Won't Install the New Client?
Yeah, this is a completely different issue that Riot has known about for quite some time. You have to install the new client from tbe legacy client. In the legacy launch screen, there should be a "launch new client" button down in the bottom right. If not, I'm not entirely sure what you have to do.
Porocles (NA)
: I've seen a few players who have suggested this workaround. I've passed this tip to look into it, thanks!
Poro, some people have said that going back even 12 hours works. That leads me to believe that whatever patch you guys had planned for today could be the source of the problem. If you guys pull back tbe patch, have people restart their clients, then dig through the patch, you may find something.
: i set mine back to 12:20 am, 12 hours ago and i logged in just fine, but changing it back to correct time forces it to loop again
Interesting. That must mean its a bug in whatever patch they had set to send out today. Which means the quick fix is easy. Pull back the patch, have people restart their client, then dig through the patch to see what went wrong.
Show more

Paleo Electro

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion