Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: These boards spend most of their time bashing on Riot for everything they do, even (or, rather, **especially**) if it's what they'd been begging for just **two days ago**. Honestly, if I was Riot, I'd hate to stop by here much, either.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XtuMf3Ip,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-23T14:18:44.021+0000) > > These boards spend most of their time bashing on Riot for everything they do, even (or, rather, **especially**) if it's what they'd been begging for just **two days ago**. Honestly, if I was Riot, I'd hate to stop by here much, either. I mean, there are different categories for different things, and some of for people to complain about things they thing should or should not be changed. I thought that was the whole idea, for you to have somewhere to discuss your opinion.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Thx Riot from making my champion from a underpowered champ into perma banned into unplayable! cool
ya how do you think akali mains feel rn. Her winrate went as low as 36% being the lowest wr on any champion in a long long time.
Rioter Comments
: People will go nuts on these Zed changes
the scaling isnt necessarily a buff but yeah people who dont understand him and only see zed as someone who oneshots over extended players are not going to be happy
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Alright time to revert the Nasus buff please
Oh what do you know, they'll probably release a skin for Nasus while he is... the way he is. And they'll give him the akali ryze azir taliyah treatment. Now I'm not making any accusations but it makes me think when I see the company release skins for Meta and op champs until they eventually hammer them into uselessness.
Seenan (NA)
: Akali's getting killed basically. No sustain without compensation is too rough of a hit, imo. The shroud thing, sure.
You're gonna see tank akali everywhere. She has no sustain and no defenses anymore. So she'll need to rely one more health to be viable.
Theorex (NA)
: How did it take Rito like 9/6 months to figure out
I loved akali after she came out, more than before the rework. The design was op and her damage was as well. Still a very fun champion to play. Within some months she gets hammered into uselessness. Rip the 60$ worth of skins i bought for her. It was MY choice to buy the skins so I shouldn't be crying about it. But like i wouldn't mind spending money on someone I enjoy playing, now she won't be worth playing. Even if she is worth playing, she will never be the same.
Kryptone (EUNE)
: Unpopular Opinion, but I hate URF this time around because...
Ya every time urf would come out I'd play at least 10 games a day until it went away. Now it's just lame
: kda akali prestige edition
No but don't worry cause the champ will be useless after the upcoming patch.
: Funny isn't it, now that akali sold her skins, she gets nerfed, and vayne who just got a brand new skin, got a massive random buff, I wonder why?
ya and she is currently a ticking time bomb every game. She is just disgusting and she'll get that big nerf that puts her next to ryze azir sol kog and like so many other champs.
: Akali is a perfect example of how Riot never learns. Again and again we see basic shit that gameplay designers at Riot should understand by now being completely ignored or forgotten. Remember how summoner spells were proven to be extremely significant in beta and that Teleport has been borderline-core for most of top lane's existence purely because of how useful it is? Riot didn't, they released Zoe. Remember when we saw that making a VGU for problematic to balanced champions without fixing the balance issues of the original version just pisses everyone off and tends to result in an overpowered abomination (Swain, Galio, Akali, Warwick and Irelia)? Riot doesn't. The worst thing is that teams of employees work on these champions, yet no one puts their hand up to say "Er, maybe not letting cleanse get rid of drowsy as well as the slow is a bit counter-intuitive for the players" or "Remember how lane sustain has been a massive fucking problem? How about we don't give healing mechanics to over half our champions and reworks for the past 2 years" I don't know who has the final say on champion design, whether it's the lead champion designer or someone else. Regardless CertainlyT should be locked in a fucking basement and subsist only off of the mountains of salt he's responsible for.
: I assume in 9.3 they will give her some number increases to make up for it. The mechanics she has right now are innately unhealthy for the game.
They said only buff they're giving her is more health regen
Rioter Comments
GigglesO (NA)
: Looks like we've been arguing about the same thing for atleast two years.
it's already happening watch this lmao: https://clips.twitch.tv/MiniatureHandsomeManateeTF2John
: It always was extremely squishy.
Rioter Comments
: Winrates doesn't always mean a champion is weak/strong. And yes, I can argue with things I have seen. Armor barely does shit. 1300 is barely much to get anything at level 5. Maybe a {{item:1052}} and Cloth but that's it, compared to what we actually need- {{item:3802}}. And there is a drastic spike in damage by having to go the cloth route. And nope. We don't cut his damage entirely.
They do when it's the same for every single division lmao. Especially when the difference is 4 percent. At this point, if you still think it doesn't do anything then I don't think there's anything that can prove otherwise for you. You've probably seen him fed too many times and didn't consider level advantage and other factors. It's enough for two cloth armors which make zed's buy useless. You'll be left with enough gold for saphire or some ap. You are clearly unaware that you can't follow the same build every single game, you need to build based on the situation.
: Not exaggerating. Armor is shit against Zed, period. And he does not suck. Assassins thrive early game, that's what they are meant to do. 30 minutes on of course they fall off because that's when mages thrive.
He sucks before 30 mins and falls off once everyone else is near full build. Check op.gg lmao his winrates before 30 minutes are like 4% below his average winrate. You cannot argue statistics with things you have personally seen. Assassins thrive early game but according to the statistics zed is clearly not one of those assassins. Because right around 30 minutes his win rate starts going back up. And fine, I'll do the math for you: For simplicity's sake, we'll pretend zed is 0/0/0 level 5 with a serrated dirk, playing against a Zed. Q: 150 damage + (33) E: 70 damage + (30) R: (113) + 25% of dealt damage within the past 3 seconds Electrocute: 74 + (15) Auto: 59 WEQ combo: 614 damage Zed has 46 armor + 15 (cloth armor) = 61 armor. = 32% reduced damage 614 - 32% = 417 Now buy two cloth armors, equal to a seeker's arm guard = 76 armor = 43% reduced damage 614 - 43% = 349 That's almost half the damage he will do if he lands everything, like I mentioned, every 24 seconds. So now it takes him nearly a minute to do the same amount of damage he would do to you if you had no armor items. IF he was to land three skill shots and not hit minions before hitting you. Twice. Add armor runes WEQ now does 288 damage. One q now does 86 that's about 25 more than an auto. It's pretty simple, go armor runes and build two cloth armors and you're only spending 600 gold, with low cs you should have around 1000 gold level 4-5. Cs well and you can have 1300 by halfway level 5. You can buy damage along with armor, control wards, mana items etc. While cutting his damage entirely.
: Sorry but nope. Zed still does more damage to us with Hex then we do with a Zhonya to him. I've tried it and it doesn't work that way bud. Armor doesn't do shit in this meta anyway. Liss has a horrible range Q that unless he's standing right behind the minions in the splash range, he's not getting poked. And autos are not an invalid point. Mages autos are horrible poke damage examples. And again, we can't poke a lot more because Riot stupidly redid our mana system, on top of rushing Zhonyas, which I'm sure you know has NO MANA. So one or two pokes just depletes our pool, and then we have nothing to use for poke or farming. So even if we deny him a kill on us, he goes bot anyway because our poke is shit. And if I decide to stay and try to catch up on farm while he goes bot, I get flamed for not following so there is no win there really. Again, mages are at a disadvantage in this matchup.
Alright well ive already done the math in another comment if you scroll down. Armor does quite a bit you'd be surprised. Especially against zed. Hex drinker is also a quote on quote "disadvantage" for zed. Because he doesn't get to stack his lethality. (although it's not really a disadvantage. it helps him beat his lane) Just like how she has to q him behind minions, he has to q her when she ISN't behind minions. Just because the range is short it doesn't mean it's horrible. It's a perfect tool for you to avoid him cs because now he knows he has to around minions to hit you, which brings him into your auto range. Also, autos will do enough damage if you auto him every time he steps up. Zed has low auto damage early on anyway, less than most champions, wait for him to try and last hit, auto him it's really simple. You don't need zhonya. Build saphire crystal or whatever mana item you want and take two cloth armors. You seem to be exaggerating a lot but when I say two cloth armor cuts down his damage, it quite literally cuts down the damage. And here is how you avoid getting flamed. When he leaves lane, spam ping that he is missing. And if you're sure he is going bot, literally type "back up" or "zed is coming". It's not your fault they did not back up, like you mentioned "you're at a disadvantage cause all you have is armor with no mana". If you're still not convinced that armor is more good rather than bad against a zed, I'd be more than happy to do the math for you. If you say later on armor is not as effective then you're making a good point but until 30 minutes zed just sucks.
Zardo (NA)
: No, but the fact that zed has a large pickrate with above a 50% winrate in kr plat+ means that he most likely isn't weak, especially for a single target AD assassin. http://www.op.gg/champion/zed/statistics/mid
he's a low elo stomper, still a weak champion
Vekkna (NA)
: 0/10. Too obvious.
He's considered op because everyone has experienced a fed zed ulting and one shotting people. No one agrees, look at high elo tho. Riot themselves say they would buff him if it wasn't for low elo.
: That 24 second thing is stupid. Not to mention that we do less damage rushing Zhonyas so we barely do anything to him, it also depends on which champ we are playing (like Liss) who has way less poke range to even try to hit him, so we have to move up and risk getting ganked/poked/minion focusing, etc. Therefore unless we play Lux, it's hard to abuse him when his W is down. Even then doing that every time we will run out of mana while he just refreshes his energy and pokes the shit out of us back. I have never seen in the past few years a Zed rush Merc's against me, who I usually always play AP mages. They rush a fucking Hexdrinker and still do a shit ton of damage. Nothing new there. Then even if you rush to counter itemize against him, if he's smart, he goes down bot lane and gets a double kill off the ignorant bot lane that doesn't listen to my pings- and me following him doesn't help squat either. So then he snowballs from that while we are still behind and can never catch up, which is usually the case. Happened to me the last time I chose not to ban Zed and did Yasuo instead. Yay me. -.- And our autos do shit. We are mages, not ADCs. So yes, we are mostly at a disadvantage.
Okay, it seems you are failing to realize that when you build zhonyas you do more damage than he would to you because you are building armor against him. Lissandra has amazing poke range for when zed's w is down. 24 seconds is quite a long time. You can auto him every single time he goes for cs. Stand behind minions and his q damage is halfed, and if he tried to cs, q him for even more damage. Your autos hurt enough if you punish him for every wrong step he takes, what you are saying is just an invalid point. Spend your mana efficiently and rely on autos it's really not that hard and you don't need to be an adc. I can show you in a game if it doesn't make sense to you. Also, I don't know how ap control mages have less range than zed. Zed has to move up a lot more than a Lissandra to land some poke, considering he is melee. His only option outside of his w is his q, which does about the same damage as autos if you stand behind minions. If he decides to take minion damage for an auto and an E, root him in place and kite him while landing abilities inbetween. Feels stupid to have to explain this cause it's really simple. And that might not have been necessary, I'm pretty sure zed players just avoid building mercs in general unless the other team is cc or ap heavy. Should be a surprise that an assassin doesn't build resistances And to your point about him rushing bot lane: If you have armor, you can poke him a lot more and freeze or even shove against him, if you keep your vision right, you should be able to shove and keep him under tower to poke him. If he decides to leave his minions under tower and roam for say, a double kill. You get like two or three waves, and one or two plates. Which is almost equivalent to what he gets, you get his tower. Plus after say, a double kill bot, he probably is missing ult or flash or ignite, or all of them. If he managed to get a double without using those, consider yourself unlucky, it could have happened to any champ not just zed. But now you would have not only sums advantage, but more xp as well, which means you are a higher level and you have more pressure, use that to poke down and push him out of lane if you don't get a shut down from that double earlier on.
: I love people who say a strong champion like zed is weak while....
Lmao because he is one of the most iconic and played champions in the game???? Sorry to people who main these champions but what is interesting about volibear or corki's characters. I mean there are definitely many things but they're clearly nothing compared to something like zed's or yasuo's. I think it has something to do with anime as well, when you look at a champion like yasuo. He is definitely appealing to a lot of players because of his character, this sword weilding samurai or whatever, which makes more people want to play him. What I'm trying to say is, not enough people play corki, and that means there are probably less people who would complain. So when a champion like him is off meta, there are less people playing and talking about him. But champions like zed or yasuo are always played, no matter what situation they are in, they're in the most played and most banned. So you should not be surprised to see people arguing about their champions being weak.
: Um yes it puts mages in a massive behind disadvantage because it delays their spike and doesn't help their mana issues, so they struggle to farm on top of trying to poke him back after he pokes the shit out of us with just a EQW electrocute combo. He can all in you if he is successful on getting multiple pokes off to lower your health which isn't many to begin with because he deals so much.
I already talked about this to the other guy. In order for him to do his best combo WEQ, he needs to wait 24 seconds. That's far higher than most other midlaners that will do the same amount of damage more or less, every what, 8 seconds? It delays your power spike yes. But that's just how the game works The same zed will have to delay HIS power spike by building merc treads against a Lissandra. You can't expect your power spike to be handed to you on a golden platter. Games don't go like that, you need to counter your opponents and build smart to fall ahead of them in lane until you reach your power spike. This is the case for almost any match up. And once again it's not a disadvantage, the zed now does significantly less damage to you, so use your mana efficiently and auto him when he steps up because it's now not a good idea for him to all in you since he does less damage, most trades aren't going to be in his favor. Once his w is down abuse him for every single cs he goes for. Freeze under tower and he won't be able to do anything.
: Again you worded what you said poorly? At lvl 6-7 there is no mage in the world who can get both {{item:3047}} {{item:3191}} If a mage happens to buy them both later , Zed can have more items as well , not to forget they are at a huge disadvantage because they got nothing from their core items and they can't farm , they can't do their role , MR shits on them because of buying Tabi instead of other boots , on the other hand , Zed can roam and get kills , and no matter what , enemy adc will never have armor besides GA in late game , so Zed always has his chances Not gonna say delusional again because it's not nice to generalize everyone , but my point didn't change . But seriously , you are not entitled of killing anyone under their tower.
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=000300000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-27T10:43:23.514+0000) > > Again you worded what you said poorly? > At lvl 6-7 there is no mage in the world who can get both {{item:3047}} {{item:3191}} > If a mage happens to buy them both later , Zed can have more items as well , not to forget they are at a huge disadvantage because they got nothing from their core items and they can't farm , they can't do their role , MR shits on them because of buying Tabi instead of other boots , on the other hand , Zed can roam and get kills , and no matter what , enemy adc will never have armor besides GA in late game , so Zed always has his chances > > Not gonna say delusional again because it's not nice to generalize everyone , but my point didn't change . > > But seriously , you are not entitled of killing anyone under their tower. I was talking about the hypothetical situation you gave me lmao. And by idk half way through level 5 you usually have 1100 gold. Enough for {{item:3191}} or {{item:3047}} . Again i was talking about the hypothetical situation you gave me. If the zed backed around that same time they'd have a serrated dirk, boots and a control ward. Plus I never said rush {{item:3191}} . Take two cloth armors and you get the same amount of armor and you're left with 500 gold for idk saphire crystal or whatever you need to build. At this point he won't do damage to you so spend your mana efficiently and your auto's will be more than enough cause any trade is almost a bad trade for him. And again, in low elo it doesn't matter cause zed won't realize how much less damage he will do he'll dive under tower anyway. All you need to do is shove lane so he can't miss lane, if you have a tabi's it's pretty easy to trade with him compared to having no armor. And if he roams bot anyway and misses two or three waves that's not too bad for you, you can get two waves of cs and probably one or two plates which gives you more than enough gold to keep up. You will have more xp than him too, since he wasnt there for lane. Plus when he comes back he's likely to not have sums and ult. So you play smart and take that shut down gold on him and get more plates and cs. Its common sense. Same goes for high elo except players know to back off and not push for tower if another lane is missing at an odd time.
: Lol , what the hell is this reply ? that's exactly why Zed mains are called Delusional here like , are you trolling or what ? {{champion:238}} with {{item:3134}} can't kill an armor-less target ? wtf Zed W E Q Itself takes 65% of his enemy's HP if they have no armor , and it's a kill if he Ults But saying he needs to hit 3 Q's , 2 autos and 2 e's + ignite , how do you expect us not to think of you guys are delusional ??? Hitting 3 Q's , 2 autos , 2 e's and an ignite IS AN OVERKILL even if the enemy has {{item:3191}} {{item:3047}} 2 armor runes , barrier AND a shield on their kit " they can't get Tabi that early tho "
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0003000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T20:48:51.077+0000) > > Lol , what the hell is this reply ? that's exactly why Zed mains are called Delusional here > like , are you trolling or what ? {{champion:238}} with {{item:3134}} can't kill an armor-less target ? wtf > Zed W E Q Itself takes 65% of his enemy's HP if they have no armor , and it's a kill if he Ults > But saying he needs to hit 3 Q's , 2 autos and 2 e's + ignite , how do you expect us not to think of you guys are delusional ??? > Hitting 3 Q's , 2 autos , 2 e's and an ignite IS AN OVERKILL even if the enemy has {{item:3191}} {{item:3047}} 2 armor runes , barrier AND a shield on their kit " they can't get Tabi that early tho " Okay I just worded what I was trying to say poorly. It's something that can happen like every ten games. If you're looking at low elo, the Zed player is not going to land three q's while not hitting minions, auto twice and e twice in three seconds under the enemy tower. They're simply not confident enough to pull it off plus you'll die from doing it even if you were to succeed. Now if you're looking at high elo, it's simply not worth it because you're most likely gonna have to flash to dodge a tower shot, and obviously use your ult and w. Say the enemy player is a sitting duck who misses their stun and doesn't use their mobility to dodge anything. As a jungler, I'd certainly rush towards mid if I saw a 20% hp with no sums or w. And no I'm not delusional, here's some math for ya. (Say you have a serrated dirk) Q: 150 damage + (33)-----E: 70 damage + (30)-----R: (113) + 25% of dealt damage within the past 3 seconds-----Electrocute: 74 + (15)-----Auto: 59 Ult(113) > Three Q's(549) > Two auto's(118) > Two E's(200) + Electrocute(109) > Ult(272.5) Total = 1361 Lets pretend you're playing zed against a zed. Zed has 46 armor + 15 ({{item:1029}}) = 61 armor. So that's 32% reduced damage. 1361 - 32% = 925 If you have {{item:3047}} you have 5 more armor = 40% reduced damage 1361 - 40% = 816 If you have {{item:3191}} you have 76 armor = 43% reduced damage 1361 - 43% = 755 So if you have {{item:3047}}, {{item:3191}}, armor runes (10 armor) that's like 53% reduced damage + barrier (215) armor 1361 - 53% - 215 = 424 Zed himself has 960 hp at level 6 increasing to like 1050 at level 7 So no sir, I'm not trolling, its not overkill. Get armor and you'll be safe under tower.
: Why are you acting as if Zed is entitled at killing other under towers ? then what's the point of towers if that's the case ? Building Zhonia doesn't put them at a disadvantage BUT rushing it surely does.
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=00030000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-26T18:39:32.198+0000) > > Why are you acting as if Zed is entitled at killing other under towers ? then what's the point of towers if that's the case ? > Building Zhonia doesn't put them at a disadvantage BUT rushing it surely does. He isn't entitled but once he has his Serated Dirk at level six, he has the potential to 100-0 (if he manages to hit everything perfectly, ult, three q's which cant hit minons, two autos and two e's along with ignite early). This is the case against most champs he goes against as long as they don't have armor. And it might put you at a disadvantage, for example an Akali doesn't want to rush Zhonyas, she wont be able to walk around and pickup kills around the map, but its a necessity to win lane against zed and that's not just zed specific. Same goes for other champions with power spikes. You'll need a hex drinker against that same Akali once she has her own power spike.
: Well I don't see many Zeds in my games anymore because he's usually banned but I had one last night and he got fed early but of course, his winrate can be skewered from his mains as well. Ekko is a skirmisher, and Wukong is a Diver so they aren't assassins. Proof: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/3A5uuBw7-champion-subclass-list Therefore they have better late games than Zed.
> [{quoted}](name=SnugglePuggle94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T14:08:53.298+0000) > > Well I don't see many Zeds in my games anymore because he's usually banned but I had one last night and he got fed early but of course, his winrate can be skewered from his mains as well. > > Ekko is a skirmisher, and Wukong is a Diver so they aren't assassins. Proof: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/3A5uuBw7-champion-subclass-list > > Therefore they have better late games than Zed. okay fair enough but it still sucks because he's one of the only assassins who has a terrible early game (again, unless he is fed which goes for most champs anyway)
: Yes sure , to be honest , building Armor will surely prevent any squishy from dying to his W E Q combo But you know , he is an ad champion , he can still do another 2 auto attacks and a second E OR Press R not to forget , a mage rushing armor puts them in a disadvantage and , it's not like that it makes them immortal lol
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-12-26T10:39:35.295+0000) > > Yes sure , to be honest , building Armor will surely prevent any squishy from dying to his W E Q combo > But you know , he is an ad champion , he can still do another 2 auto attacks and a second E OR Press R > not to forget , a mage rushing armor puts them in a disadvantage and , it's not like that it makes them immortal lol Building zhonyas against a zed doesnt put you at a disadvantage, and also those two or three autos make him more vulnerable, and a good player would change their playstyle once a zed hits level 6. Once you have a cloth armor he can't all in you under tower when he hits six anyway so you can freeze under tower and have him over extend for trades making him more vulnerable to ganks.
: Uh no. He's too low risk, high reward on top of extreme safety. In fact I agree with the others, he needs a nerf. And duh- assassins are **meant** to fall off late game. That's their trade off for their good early game. Mages trade off weak early for strong late.
> [{quoted}](name=SnugglePuggle94,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-12-26T03:04:19.491+0000) > > Uh no. He's too low risk, high reward on top of extreme safety. In fact I agree with the others, he needs a nerf. > > And duh- assassins are **meant** to fall off late game. That's their trade off for their good early game. > > Mages trade off weak early for strong late. Its only low risk and yet garbage when you farm under tower all game to reach the 30 minute mark, and hope to close game out before everyone gets close to their full build. and I don't know about that, there are many assassins such as Ekko and Wukong that get to have a very great and impactful late game compared to Zed. And either way, I'm not saying he should have a great late game but, It's unfair since he is bad up until later on in the game. (unless you are ahead)
: Hey riot: How about you let me select only one role and put me on low priority instead?
Honesly wouldn't mind waiting 15 minutes to get my desired lane and champ sometimes.
: zed has pretty good range considering he can decide to go in or leave in his free will like how fizz can go in or leave (before e) at his will im a fizz main i know this. in other words (once farmed to powerspike) the enemy is at your mercy due to this leverage. zed also has free "ranged" damage to a point of saying hes not a melee champ due to this range difference in skill attacks.
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2018-12-25T23:43:18.775+0000) > > zed has pretty good range considering he can decide to go in or leave in his free will like how fizz can go in or leave (before e) at his will im a fizz main i know this. in other words (once farmed to powerspike) the enemy is at your mercy due to this leverage. zed also has free "ranged" damage to a point of saying hes not a melee champ due to this range difference in skill attacks. yeah a fed zed is definitely a very hard champ to play against especially as an adc. But that goes more or less with most champions anyway. He has a unique play style with his range advantage but he is very weak against tanks or when he gets locked down.
: > [{quoted}](name=True Ðamage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-25T22:50:40.309+0000) > > Laceration made a really really nice post about this awhile back. and playing zed feels terrible unless you stomp in lane, which most times you wont. so yeah, agreed. Just because he is a feast or famine champion does not mean he needs a buff. In fact i would suspect that actually the opposite is true, he needs a nerf. His laning is entirely too safe, he takes no risks, and has extremely strong wave clear with the ability to control the lane. He currently has a 50% WR when historically he was balanced at 47% WR. That means just average players are seeing success on a champ with both a high skill cap and ceiling. So yea Zed actually needs a nerf not a buff.
> [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-12-25T23:26:55.495+0000) > > Just because he is a feast or famine champion does not mean he needs a buff. In fact i would suspect that actually the opposite is true, he needs a nerf. His laning is entirely too safe, he takes no risks, and has extremely strong wave clear with the ability to control the lane. He currently has a 50% WR when historically he was balanced at 47% WR. That means just average players are seeing success on a champ with both a high skill cap and ceiling. > > So yea Zed actually needs a nerf not a buff. his early game is garbage and if the fact that he can farm safely is the only thing that gets him through that. His wr is only good one poeple who have 100+ games on him and it goes back down if you look at high diamond and above. If you know what you are doing, almost no midlaner has trouble against him
saltran (EUW)
: I dont share the "Zed is broken lul" that is commonly said here but I wont go to the opposite side, dont buff Zed and neither buff him thank you.
fair update to him would be extending his q cd and lowering w
: He doesn't need a buff He might be too weak against Bruisers/Tanks but he is still too strong against squishy targets
> [{quoted}](name=Noor Sakata,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-12-25T23:11:19.670+0000) > > He doesn't need a buff > He might be too weak against Bruisers/Tanks but he is still too strong against squishy targets Not if the squishy targets rush armor and abuse him while his w is down. They can trade with full damage 2 or 3 times for every one time he can.
: I'd hesitate to call zed high risk tbh. Not to mention that if the lane favors him he's guaranteed to get mega fed if his opponent doesn't sacrifice most of their farm to avoid his damage. He's fine imo
> [{quoted}](name=Super Sandmanne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-12-25T22:51:33.990+0000) > > I'd hesitate to call zed high risk tbh. Not to mention that if the lane favors him he's guaranteed to get mega fed if his opponent doesn't sacrifice most of their farm to avoid his damage. He's fine imo Its high risk cause if you dont win lane which can only be done by playing on your enemies' mistakes, you're gonna have a hard time all game his oponent needs to rush tabi's or zhonya's and abuse him once his w is on cd (24 seconds)
: Laceration made a really really nice post about this awhile back. and playing zed feels terrible unless you stomp in lane, which most times you wont. so yeah, agreed.
> [{quoted}](name=True Ðamage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=wxcNJ8Eq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-25T22:50:40.309+0000) > > Laceration made a really really nice post about this awhile back. and playing zed feels terrible unless you stomp in lane, which most times you wont. so yeah, agreed. Can you link me it?
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Question about Zed, the most annoying assassin to face of them all
I'd disagree with you. His w which would be his best trading ability, is on a 24 second cooldown. If he does a full combo on you without ult, landing everything, he brings you down to half hp. Every 24 seconds. Now look at a champion like kassadin, viktor, swain, talon, orianna etc. Orianna can do her full combo with auto's inbetween and do the same damage, more or less. and she can do it every 8 seconds or so. So three times for every one time zed does his combo. If you bring lane and minions into the equation, in order to optimize his damage he needs to hit the champion with q while not hitting any minions, and he needs to use his only escape tool to bring himself behind minions and take damage from them. His long w cd makes him weak, he needs to sit back and play on his enemies' mistakes in most match ups due to his garbage early game. If it bothers you, all you have to do is break the freeze and force him to step out. When he uses his w you know he's useless so abuse him if he steps up.
Rioter Comments
: LF Yi or Twitch main for Funnel I Play Lulu!
Show more

Parastoo

Level 144 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion