: 9.10: Lore Update
Hope Tamara's okay?
: Lawsuit Filed Against Riot Games
Page 5 - "Gaming culture is the last remaining safe-haven for white teen boys"? Good grief. I'm sorry but I daresay these children can handle someone not exactly like them in their precious games. And they call us liberals snowflakes... Overall, how is it so fucking hard for people to see that finding these "jokes" offensive doesn't make you "easily triggered"? This stuff should not be happening in a workplace, period. Lists of people you'd sleep with? Genital pictures? No. Just no. Forget the guys will be guys excuse. If you can't go to work without acting like you're in high school, you shouldn't be employed. Simple.
SSmotzer (NA)
: Just imagine if somewhere like Noxus or Demacia weaponized a Darkin, throwing billions of souls at it to make it stronger. Then having someone pure enough to wield it without being possessed by the Darkin. They could Ascend to the powers of a god. Like in Full Metal Alchemist, with Father making philosopher stones by just dumping millions of souls into a single rock, in order to fight god. Good thing Kayn stole Noxus's Darkin.... Can't say the same for Demacia though. Makes you wonder just what is beneath that Lightbringer temple huh?
> [{quoted}](name=SSmotzer,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=ETEw61AG,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-08-27T00:28:49.925+0000) > > Just imagine if somewhere like Noxus or Demacia weaponized a Darkin, throwing billions of souls at it to make it stronger. Then having someone pure enough to wield it without being possessed by the Darkin. They could Ascend to the powers of a god. > > Like in Full Metal Alchemist, with Father making philosopher stones by just dumping millions of souls into a single rock, in order to fight god. > > Good thing Kayn stole Noxus's Darkin.... Can't say the same for Demacia though. Makes you wonder just what is beneath that Lightbringer temple huh? Demacia is built on a Darkin...Perfect.
: No. Riot should not do shit like that period. Crimson akali was one of my favorite skins and now it doesn't even exist. If your gonna remake the skin, fine.It doesn't need to be deleted.
> [{quoted}](name=Automated Riven,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Q7b5MV7E,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-08-23T22:17:54.737+0000) > > No. Riot should not do shit like that period. Crimson akali was one of my favorite skins and now it doesn't even exist. > > If your gonna remake the skin, fine.It doesn't need to be deleted. Thing is, recolor skins became obsolete with the release of chromas. Now if you like a champion in a specific color, you can theoretically have it at some point. Yes, base Akali doesn't have any chromas at the moment but if they can make those, why leave one of her skins as what is essentially a red (or ruby, as they like to call it) chroma?
Terozu (NA)
: Yeah that has nothing to do with my post and i already know this. Why did you post this?
> [{quoted}](name=Terozu,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=dwbqmIEO,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2018-08-22T01:56:05.820+0000) > > Yeah that has nothing to do with my post and i already know this. > > Why did you post this? Someone in this thread posted something about Lissandra no longer wanting to take over, so I was responding to that. Guess I forgot to include the quote.
Terozu (NA)
: Before anyone says anything about Lissandra's retcon into more of a good guy.
I'll find the link later but a Rioter from the narrative team confirmed Lissandra still wants to rule the Freljord and possibly the world but realized there won't be a world to rule if the Void consumes Runeterra. So, she turned on them once they broke through and she couldn't deny she had conspired with them.
: It's a shame Voidborn can't look in-game the way they do in-lore.
I suspect when the current lore team decided on the new aesthetic for the Void and its characters, they kind of forgot how many void champions were already in the game and how diverse they were in appearance and character. Almost all of them will require a pretty drastic change to fit in with the new void design-style. At the moment, they all look like organic creatures that evolved somewhere, not construct creatures that were created for a sole purpose, with perhaps the exception of Vel'koz. Few, if any have the "pulsing purple heart" the universe page mentions, almost none of them have that fibrous flesh described in the newer stories - while many have an armored carapace it's hardly uniform. Cho'gath, Kha'zix and Kog'maw are the worst offenders here - though Cho was on of the original 40 champions so his design inconsistencies can be forgiven. He definitely needs a rework - my issue is the new narrative has sort of forced a mini-visual rework for several champions that don't need it.
: Lissandras new lore is amazing.
Since Lissandra is one of my favorite characters, I'm glad she has some more depth. Like OP said, the core elements of her story were maintained - yes she's now trying to prevent the Watchers from returning where originally she was trying to bring them back but that was necessary once the Watchers became lords of the Void. Otherwise she would literally be a Frejlord version of Malzahar. I'm actually okay with that particular turn around anyways, seeing as villain who wants to unleash doom upon the world is pretty overdone. But for those who say she's not a villain anymore, I think we should remember she's not exactly on the side of the angels here. She may be fighting for a "greater good" - as in stop the Void - but she's clearly still pretty morally gray. Nunu's lore talks about the Yetis being betrayed "by the blind one," so she's definitely screwed some people over - which is really just part and parcel of having "plans within plans." Currently, I'm equating her somewhat with Illidan - being viewed as a villain but trying to keep a greater evil at bay, but still not exactly a _good_ person, in the classic sense of the word. Not to mention initially allying with said greater evil before turning on them. TL;DR If you think about it, she's still the Ice Witch, just with more interesting story.
: Add me if you want to play (Normals) IGN: SSW Talon
I'm down - I tend to play top, mid or jungle. Also been playing support again lately. All my regular teammates have focused on ranked >_>
: Rito, why u do this?
I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to that either - the sad death animation definitely played a role in my not buying the otherwise adorable Dragon Trainer Tristana (that, and I'm not that good with her). In Nunu's case the respawn lines salve it a bit though. Nunu has comments along the lines of "I knew you weren't dead, I could see you breathing" or "did we die? That was awesome!" There a couple other plucky lines like that - seeing him bounce back sort of makes it easier. It matches what Riot was trying to do - contrast the highs and the lows of playing the characters. Respawning gives the sense of how nothing's going to keep these two down. Edit: Just noticed it's a winter Summoner's Rift in the video....
: Lissandra and Nunu
Definitely excited by the prospect of more Lissandra lore. Anyone who's interacted with a young kid to any degree will know that when asked about their interests or something important to them, they're only too happy to tell you all about it. As Oleandervine pointed out, deceit is second nature to Lissandra, so I'm sure she had no trouble putting on an excellent façade of the "wise mystic" to get Nunu, a lonely, potentially traumatized kid, to open up.
GenoXx (NA)
: Maybe it because people don't consider both negative and positive aspect of the whole thing they make posts like these. Riot has been taking a whole new direction to things regarding pg-13 and disney/pixar. Zoe, for one, is straight up pixar and the one who worte her narrative literally said he would just ignore the hater's because she go so much backlash. That alone should should tell you alot. Yes, it's good that we have a character like Zoe/ Nunu, but if they're really going to appeal to certain groups(lgbt) and make things more light hearted with their story telling, why wouldn't some people be worried it's becoming the next WWE? On a side note, im going to laugh my ass off when the rating changes to a 9+.
> Yes, it's good that we have a character like Zoe/ Nunu, but if they're really going to appeal to certain groups(lgbt) and make things more light hearted with their story telling, why wouldn't some people be worried it's becoming the next WWE? Ok, wait - what do champions like Nunu and Zoe or other light hearted champions have to do with appealing to the LGBT demographic? That kind of came out of left field.
: > [{quoted}](name=Votable Jester,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-10T16:35:02.407+0000) > > Not really in the mood to discuss stuff like that anymore, and in any case I mostly agree with you. It's merely that between having a biological child and an adopted child, I'd rather have a biological child. That isn't to say I wouldn't love an adopted child as much. Well there's a reason why biological is only for heterosexual relationships.
> [{quoted}](name=TheSymbolÔfPeace,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-10T17:55:32.060+0000) > > Well there's a reason why biological is only for heterosexual relationships. See, you try and say your talk about what is natural isn't meant to attack anyone, yet can't refrain from making comments like this, which just sound smug and condescending. This comment is clearly intended to make someone feel bad about who they are. Thankfully, an anonymous comment on a game discussion board won't matter much but it's definitely uncalled and smacks of the sanctimonious homophobia of the religious right.
: Came out to my mom, didn't go as well. She said a lot of things that hurt quite a bit. Eventually did say she still loves me, but it's definitely going to be tough between us at least for a bit. Thanks everyone for your support. Think I'm going to stay at a friend's house tomorrow night at least.
> [{quoted}](name=Votable Jester,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2018-08-10T07:55:08.480+0000) > > Came out to my mom, didn't go as well. She said a lot of things that hurt quite a bit. Eventually did say she still loves me, but it's definitely going to be tough between us at least for a bit. Thanks everyone for your support. > > Think I'm going to stay at a friend's house tomorrow night at least. I’m sorry for that. Once she takes time to get used to the new normal, I think she’ll come around. Considering the rest of your family was so supportive, I suspect that will be sooner rather than later. Doesn’t make what she said any easier to hear though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Votable Jester,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-10T16:35:02.407+0000) > > Not really in the mood to discuss stuff like that anymore, and in any case I mostly agree with you. It's merely that between having a biological child and an adopted child, I'd rather have a biological child. That isn't to say I wouldn't love an adopted child as much. Well there's a reason why biological is only for heterosexual relationships.
> [{quoted}](name=TheSymbolÔfPeace,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-10T17:55:32.060+0000) > > Well there's a reason why biological is only for heterosexual relationships. One word - surrogacy. {{sticker:vlad-salute}}
: Almost done coming out, just my mom and 2 brothers left.
From a fellow traveler, good luck! As an only child, I was pretty lucky that both my parents took it relatively well. I'm glad your dad and brothers were supportive - that's a good sign regarding your mother. Just remember if she truly cares for you, she'll come around. While I'm not one to go too much into the whole "oh it's hard for them to hear etc" (after all, it's not about them) I will say that some parents have less than stellar reactions and need time to process, after which they're just fine. If she seems to have an issue at first, don't be too discouraged - the initial negative reaction often passes. Sounds like you have a pretty decent family life, so I'm inclined to think your mother's relationship with you will trump any religious dogma. Good luck!
Neamean (NA)
: Naw fuck that guy he chose his children over Ionia. > The first path. You fight the invaders. At the Placidium of Navori, a great battle will be fought. While it will be bloody, you will be victorious. You will be proclaimed a hero. **You and your heartlight live in peace for many years.** You are happy. And yet, you are destined to outlive both your cubs, who will be taken before their time. Years of peace but nooooooo he chose his children who most likely become refugee,I mean yeah they will prosper but that just mean Ionia is doom so they had to leave. > “And my little ones?” > > “They live. They prosper. **If not in this land, then another. **But you will never look upon their faces again, and if you ever deviate from this dark path, they will be lost.”
> [{quoted}](name=Neamean,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=wF3YdJyV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-08-08T08:21:29.854+0000) > > Naw fuck that guy he chose his children over Ionia. > > Years of peace but nooooooo he chose his children who most likely become refugee,I mean yeah they will prosper but that just mean Ionia is doom so they had to leave. Most parents would do the same...
: Okay I get the whole "Overstating your argument" thing, but we have 0 evidence that her mother was shouting at her or that Syndra was only spacing out occasionally. In fact by saying she was prone to distraction implies that she was frequently forgetting to do her chores/tasks. In fact considering her parents left with her when she was exiled, and ended up moving all the way across the ocean to a temple to try and help her implies they care about her a lot. If a child doesn't do what you tell them to do you scold them. If they continue to disobey then you give them a harsher scolding. Also people pretty frequently don't notice bullying. Syndra wasn't ever in fights of getting beaten or anything. If so a clump of dirt wouldn't have pushed her over the edge. Her bullying was probably entirely composed of insults, being left out of activities, and being forced to do the tasks that others didn't want to do. If there is nothing physical going on the only way a parent can tell if their kid is being bullied is if they notice something is wrong and they ask, or the kid tells them without prompting. If the kid is always spacey and likes to be by themselves anyways (like Syndra) it can be very hard for a parent to tell if their kid is being bullied. As for your 3rd paragraph that depends a lot on the person. For example I personally became a better person by thinking about my worst moments every night. Seriously, I used to _hate_ humans. Now though? I actually maintain a positive attitude towards people I have never met. There is a reason that "facing your fears" is a common theme in the stories of heroes, you can grow a lot through acceptance of your faults. Just because something did not help her doesn't mean it couldn't have helped her. But again, that was just my opinion on it. Perhaps the land never meant to wake her and just wanted to torture the person. Nature is a vengeful bitch and whatnot. Who knows? The point is that the goal could have been positive, even if the result wasn't. We don't know. Also note that there probably isn't a _right_ or _wrong_ way. It was the spirit of the land. It probably isn't concerned in right and wrong. It has it's own motives that are fundamentally beyond our understanding because it doesn't think in the same way we do. But who knows? Perhaps the land possesses some sort of limited omnipotence. Remember that Soraka foresaw a future in which Syndra was awakened and became as we see her now, but that at least one family was also saved because of that. Perhaps shitty things had to happen to Syndra in order for a better future to come about. We simply don't know. We can't condemn the spirit for it's actions or it's results because we don't understand the reason for it's actions and it's results are still in progress. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Also just going to point out that for me personally having memories of a happy family only to awaken and realize they were lies would have been a lot worse for me.
You make a good point but what stuck with me was “being blamed when the milk soured.” Who does that? The way it’s put in, it’s implied that Syndra had nothing to do with it, her family just found it easier to blame her. Everything else you say makes sense but with this, I don’t see the good parenting at work here haha.
: Alright, I gotta admit I thought it had been more people than that. Even so, Konigen didn't deserve it. I also kind of see 'selfishly ignoring the consequences of your actions and how it affects other people' to be fairly evil territory. None of this is to say I don't appreciate the nuance you've given her because I definitely do. I just think a good person would recognize what she's doing as wrong, at least in hindsight. If she was all "oh wow I really regret killing my master he was just trying his best in a difficult situation" that would be one thing but instead her reaction is more like "well fuck you all for being scared of my ridiculously powerful orbs of pure despair, I'm a queen and I'm making myself a crown" Don't take my flippancy seriously I'm very invested in the lore you guys have written
> [{quoted}](name=EROTIC RAID BOSS,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=R5N1EWq1,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-06T17:04:18.372+0000) > > Alright, I gotta admit I thought it had been more people than that. Even so, Konigen didn't deserve it. > > I also kind of see 'selfishly ignoring the consequences of your actions and how it affects other people' to be fairly evil territory. > > None of this is to say I don't appreciate the nuance you've given her because I definitely do. I just think a good person would recognize what she's doing as wrong, at least in hindsight. If she was all "oh wow I really regret killing my master he was just trying his best in a difficult situation" that would be one thing but instead her reaction is more like "well fuck you all for being scared of my ridiculously powerful orbs of pure despair, I'm a queen and I'm making myself a crown" > > > > > Don't take my flippancy seriously I'm very invested in the lore you guys have written While I see your point - it’s implied that her community didn’t try very hard to meet her halfway. It was a very “our way or the highway.” I can see her family making her feel as if she’s not part of Ionia’s “balance.” Her brother and other kids likely picked up on their parents’ apathy and bullied her - cause that’s what’s kids do. In the flashback we see her trying to center herself and calm down before her brother hits her in the back of the head (hard enough to draw blood, i might add) - to me that implies a lot of the friction came from bad timing on both sides. Yes, she destroys the sacred tree that protects the village but they make it clear she doesn’t mean to - you can’t make a judgment on someone’s moral character in that situation. By that point, you can tell she’s just fucking done with everyone’s nonsense and the power just erupts. As for when she wakes up, hey, I’d be pissed as hell too. Surrounded by people who either want to kill you or use you - who wouldn’t lash out? Then again, I’ve always been partial to the “outsiders” in any given situation. *Edit* Hadn’t realized they’d updated her bio too - just read it. And it confirms what I thought. Yes, I understand her village being afraid but she’s a kid, for crying out loud. Apparently her family left something to be desired even before then - and while I may be reading too much into it, I feel like there was a bit do abuse going on there from her mother, not just her brother. Who blames their daughter when the milk sours? That kind of irrational treatment raises a red flag, especially in combination with Evard’s treatment of his sister. Like I said, most often it’s kids who pick what they see from their parents in how they treat people.
: Speaking of future Lore events...
Love this idea so much - as someone who has played League and enjoyed some of these characters since 2011, this would be one of my favorite events yet.
: People who report are a problem 2
While it's true we shouldn't bait toxic players, I also think that we're under no obligation to help them and completely within our rights to report them. Stating "report" is certainly unneeded though. Example - a Lux was playing bot lane and kept dying because they continued to overextend, play recklessly and run headlong into the fight. The exchange is as follows: Me: Play safe, Lux Lux: STFU Me: Uh, just saying. They're ganking a lot Lux: STFU, not going to tower hug all game Needless to say, I reported them after the game. Maybe they were having a bad day, maybe in other games they were awesome teammates and a credit to the community. Doesn't matter - in that game, they were jerks and that's all I have to go on. Not my problem if they "can't control what they say when they're upset".
: If you call someone a liberal you will get banned.
How is this thread not locked yet? OP is a clear troll or just really stuck on their liberal conspiracy idea. Anyways, someone earlier mentioned that if you come into a store/bar/establishment and make an ass of yourself, the proprietors are well within their rights to ask you to leave and never come back - regardless if you have been no trouble until then. They're not obligated to take your past history (or lack thereof) into account. Now, this is comparison doesn't quite fit since Riot didn't permaban you. They gave you a bloody 2-week suspension. That's partway over already. If you want to make a fuss about how the system allegedly skipped steps in the punishment process, and what you said doesn't warrant the 2 week suspension, that's one thing. However, you're doggedly sticking to your "liberal bias" claim despite clear evidence to the contrary. Whatever people tell you, no matter who they are, you're just saying "well, I don't think so" and dismissing it, as if your word means something. It doesn't. _That's_ where this gets ridiculous. You were toxic, by your own admission, and they banned you - it doesn't matter if you said "liberal", "conservative" or whatever words you used, the system picked up on your clear derisive tone meant to be verbally abusive. End of story.
: Seeing as you don't understand the Chinese system yourself, please don't criticize me for sharing my own experiences growing up there. We literally had to pay bribes in the hospital for me to get a decent spot in line for my asthma. Even then, the doctors would sell us medicines that would endanger our health, and my uncle who was a doctor warned us not to take them. From what I understand, you are not a Chinese citizen. Capitalism is a very big part of China, and so is corruption. For safety reasons, I will not be too specific, but a friend of ours in a very important and delicate spot in China's government couldn't even attend their child's wedding in Canada due to their fears of them abandoning their country. As a child growing up in a family more deeply connected in politics and the darker stuff, I've seen China at many multiple angles. Sure, it's not too bad, and I don't mean to make my homeland look bad, but I'm just trying to give you an honest recount of my experiences. Feel free to believe my story or not to. Anyways, I can't see it as a sunshine land of perfection and something where everything is "for the good of all", since I've seen too many examples of corruption. I think my experiences would be considered to be some anti-Chinese wishy washy anti-Xi Jing Ping stuff, so I will not go too much into detail, but just know that I'm trying to relate some of my personal experiences to help us all understand Tencent a little bit better. If it upsets you however, I am willing to delete my post if you wish, as: 1. There is little evidence to prove my story, and I am not willing to give any 2. It appears to be upsetting, which is good, because it shows the Westerner's compassion and empathy for other countries 3. People view China as a good country, which also is good, because it is a beautiful country when not faced with all these corruption charges, such as the Geng scandal.
> [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEBwIyZK,comment-id=002500010001,timestamp=2018-07-26T02:33:43.413+0000) > > Seeing as you don't understand the Chinese system yourself, please don't criticize me for sharing my own experiences growing up there. We literally had to pay bribes in the hospital for me to get a decent spot in line for my asthma. > Even then, the doctors would sell us medicines that would endanger our health, and my uncle who was a doctor warned us not to take them. From what I understand, you are not a Chinese citizen. Capitalism is a very big part of China, and so is corruption. For safety reasons, I will not be too specific, but a friend of ours in a very important and delicate spot in China's government couldn't even attend their child's wedding in Canada due to their fears of them abandoning their country. As a child growing up in a family more deeply connected in politics and the darker stuff, I've seen China at many multiple angles. Sure, it's not too bad, and I don't mean to make my homeland look bad, but I'm just trying to give you an honest recount of my experiences. Feel free to believe my story or not to. Anyways, I can't see it as a sunshine land of perfection and something where everything is "for the good of all", since I've seen too many examples of corruption. I think my experiences would be considered to be some anti-Chinese wishy washy anti-Xi Jing Ping stuff, so I will not go too much into detail, but just know that I'm trying to relate some of my personal experiences to help us all understand Tencent a little bit better. If it upsets you however, I am willing to delete my post if you wish, as: > > 1. There is little evidence to prove my story, and I am not willing to give any > 2. It appears to be upsetting, which is good, because it shows the Westerner's compassion and empathy for other countries > 3. People view China as a good country, which also is good, because it is a beautiful country when not faced with all these corruption charges, such as the Geng scandal. I apologize for generalizing like that - no, do not delete your post, that would be ridiculous. It was wrong of me to comment without a proper understanding - something that irritates me no end when others do it. And I am sorry I called you a troll - that was over the line. If anything, I might delete mine for the oversimplification. No, I do not see China as a "sunshine land of perfection" - far from it. I'm a journalist and the lack of a free press and suppression of dissent are huge issues for me, among other things.
: Every time anybody from NA gets a chinese player on their team, they die a little inside. SOnIMA CHINA nAumA WUN *dies once and opens mid* 10x more likely to be cheaters as well asia has shit attitude and shit ethics cuz muh honor in victRE
> [{quoted}](name=PICKLE RICK REEE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEBwIyZK,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2018-07-24T21:57:49.319+0000) > > Every time anybody from NA gets a chinese player on their team, they die a little inside. > SOnIMA CHINA nAumA WUN *dies once and opens mid* > 10x more likely to be cheaters as well > > asia has shit attitude and shit ethics cuz muh honor in victRE Not even trying to not sound racist now, I see... {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
: In China, we're raised with a "You are the most important person, you don't have enough time or resources to care about other people" kind of theme. So when our family and friends came from China to buy up 6~10 houses per person, they didn't give a crap that they were ruining the housing market for other Canadians. What matters the most is their own profit+gains. Also, I'll admit we're a very, very discriminatory race. Unlike other races, who try and accept and compromise with other races, we will try and aggressively take over any area. Just look at all the Chinese restaurants or Huaweis in Canada, or the amount of Chinese traces in western factories, as well as the Geng Tan scandal. I guess the point is, us Chinese don't really care about what we perceive to be the "small" stuff. Emotions are not a big part of Chinese culture. Sure, you gotta look good, but that's only because you gain connections+possible business opportunities. Same thing with league. Tencent doesnt care about the players. To them, they're just milking us, the cows, and when has anyone asked a cow how she felt? Eventually, the game will die, and Tencent will ask themselves where they went wrong. Most likely, they'll be looking to see if there were too many bugs, glitches, or technical problems. As I've said before, they most likely will not consider your emotions, unless their game goes down into the toilet and someone slaps the problems of the community right into their faces.
> [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=PEBwIyZK,comment-id=0025,timestamp=2018-07-24T17:33:33.058+0000) > > In China, we're raised with a "You are the most important person, you don't have enough time or resources to care about other people" kind of theme. > So when our family and friends came from China to buy up 6~10 houses per person, they didn't give a crap that they were ruining the housing market for other Canadians. What matters the most is their own profit+gains. Also, I'll admit we're a very, very discriminatory race. Unlike other races, who try and accept and compromise with other races, we will try and aggressively take over any area. Just look at all the Chinese restaurants or Huaweis in Canada, or the amount of Chinese traces in western factories, as well as the Geng Tan scandal. > > I guess the point is, us Chinese don't really care about what we perceive to be the "small" stuff. > Emotions are not a big part of Chinese culture. Sure, you gotta look good, but that's only because you gain connections+possible business opportunities. Same thing with league. Tencent doesnt care about the players. To them, they're just milking us, the cows, and when has anyone asked a cow how she felt? Eventually, the game will die, and Tencent will ask themselves where they went wrong. Most likely, they'll be looking to see if there were too many bugs, glitches, or technical problems. As I've said before, they most likely will not consider your emotions, unless their game goes down into the toilet and someone slaps the problems of the community right into their faces. What the actual hell.... First off, China is a very collectivist culture as I understand it - for the good of all as opposed to the individual. What you're describing is the individualistic thinking associated with capitalism and our dear ol'US of A. In fact, a lot of what you describe in this post fits Americans better than anybody. Now, why am I lecturing someone who's Chinese about their culture? Cause I _seriously_ doubt you're actually Chinese - just a bigoted troll. Thanks for playing, though.
: {{champion:57}} got a voice update tho
> [{quoted}](name=Hextech OwI,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uap7KlPL,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-07-23T10:38:09.592+0000) > > {{champion:57}} got a voice update tho I forgot Maokai! T_T
: I really like her VO, it has a very aloof charm to it. I hope they keep it in some form if they VGU (like on a classic skin)
> [{quoted}](name=Suspirian,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uap7KlPL,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-07-23T13:29:54.500+0000) > > I really like her VO, it has a very aloof charm to it. I hope they keep it in some form if they VGU (like on a classic skin) Of course - when I say "update" I mean expand, not replace.
: *Cries in {{champion:82}} * Srsly Morde needs and deserves more a VGU than MF
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uap7KlPL,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-07-22T18:27:18.292+0000) > > *Cries in {{champion:82}} * > Srsly Morde needs and deserves more a VGU than MF Absolutely. Never said she needed a VGU either - just a few new voice lines. It's happened before - Renekton and Xerath got updated VO during the Shurima event, without much of a visual change. And before that it was the same for Ashe during the Frejlord event. It's just a shame that Miss Fortune has become such a badass in the lore stories and that's not reflected in game.
: Because Base MF is her pre event. Captain MF would get the updated lines because thats her after the Bilgewater event.
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=uap7KlPL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-22T15:06:10.384+0000) > > Because Base MF is her pre event. Captain MF would get the updated lines because thats her after the Bilgewater event. Regardless, base MF should have something new just to keep her in line with other champions. Right now it’s a bunch of innuendo and vague Han Solo references. The rest of the Bilgewater cast all got new lines and interactions - many with her, as a matter of fact. It’s strange, is all.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=N1YKorP5,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-18T09:19:23.050+0000) > > {{champion:98}} is the unsung hero of League of Legends. > > {{champion:85}} , probably more so considering he's the only one that's actually still with him. {{champion:13}} : "Oh so you lost your best student because she decided to do other things? That's cute mine got taken over by a World Rune and became Brand aka my enemy. Oh your master and father got killed? I had to KILL my master and father-like figure, as well as my best friend. Oh you have to ignore emotions to protect the world? My village got nuked and I didn't join the war so I can save the world and ALSO I'm spending all my really REALLY long live on just finding the Runes so the world doesn't go BOOM! You thought YOU had problems?"
> [{quoted}](name=RyzeTheSmurfMage,realm=EUNE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=N1YKorP5,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-18T14:41:41.832+0000) > > {{champion:13}} : "Oh so you lost your best student because she decided to do other things? That's cute mine got taken over by a World Rune and became Brand aka my enemy. Oh your master and father got killed? I had to KILL my master and father-like figure, as well as my best friend. Oh you have to ignore emotions to protect the world? My village got nuked and I didn't join the war so I can save the world and ALSO I'm spending all my really REALLY long live on just finding the Runes so the world doesn't go BOOM! You thought YOU had problems?" What gets me is that this is probably pretty close to how Ryze would actually say it {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: Shen has taken in a lot of Shenanigans huh?
Wow, never thought of it this way.... He has been through a lot, hasn't he? {{item:3070}}
: Is that a creepy urban legend?
> [{quoted}](name=MOLTinaTOR,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=IksdM9X0,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-17T22:56:39.693+0000) > > Is that a creepy urban legend? Goat-headed dude with an axe that acts like a typical B-movie horror monster - chopping up teenagers and scaring locals. Apparently there's a bridge that it's particularly fond of that also has some kind of ghost baby story with it as well. "Wailing Bridge" or some such.
: Ornn is the Goatman
I think it's in Maryland. But I literally just learned about this a couple days ago so this post amuses me more than it should.
: > [{quoted}](name=PerchancetoGame,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jM8UoZAg,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2018-07-09T23:54:28.446+0000) > > Grey Warwick would probably fit with the medieval skins - after the rework the flavor of that skin is very much in sync with that skin line. Grey Warwick is part of the Omen of the Dark skin set along with Blade Queen Lissandra, Iron Inquisitor Kayle, Black Scourge Singed, Undertaker Yorick and Revenant Nocturne.
> [{quoted}](name=Tesla Effect,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jM8UoZAg,comment-id=000a0001,timestamp=2018-07-10T21:59:11.850+0000) > > Grey Warwick is part of the Omen of the Dark skin set along with Blade Queen Lissandra, Iron Inquisitor Kayle, Black Scourge Singed, Undertaker Yorick and Revenant Nocturne. Some skins lines are placed in opposition to each other - like the Program and Project skin lines. Could the Medieval (which seems to have a sort of chivalrous vibe) be the "good guys" vs the decidedly unfriendly seeming Omen skins?
Azeranth (NA)
: I think that if you make champions a certain way for a reason other than to be interesting and high quality, then you're degrading and dehumanizing the people that character supposedly represents
> [{quoted}](name=Azeranth,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kQPqEYfs,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2018-07-10T21:33:45.585+0000) > > I think that if you make champions a certain way for a reason other than to be interesting and high quality, then you're degrading and dehumanizing the people that character supposedly represents That's just it - adding unique traits makes these characters interesting. It's all about ways to set them apart.
: > [{quoted}](name=PerchancetoGame,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kQPqEYfs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-10T13:23:59.116+0000) > > You know, I think you’re right. I agree it’s cool they’re diversifying their characters in different ways like this. I'm glad someone else sees this! It's hard to find other characters like this with their stories, mostly because they're not written in first person. But hot damn it's incredible how they manage to show off a characters personality with quirks like this.
> [{quoted}](name=VARXenhal,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kQPqEYfs,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-07-10T13:31:40.844+0000) > > I'm glad someone else sees this! It's hard to find other characters like this with their stories, mostly because they're not written in first person. But hot damn it's incredible how they manage to show off a characters personality with quirks like this. Right? It's additions like this that make a world and its characters come alive - as a writer, I always get a kick out of this sort of thing.
: I think he would as well, I head canon a lot of champions with things like this for example I am certain part of the demons Swain is dealing with includes the PTSD he brought back from the war
> [{quoted}](name=Spideraxe,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kQPqEYfs,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-07-10T14:17:35.563+0000) > > I think he would as well, I head canon a lot of champions with things like this for example I am certain part of the demons Swain is dealing with includes the PTSD he brought back from the war As a Swain main since his release, I'm adopting this head canon now - the demon of secrets is a metaphor for PTSD and disillusionment. His VO does refer to feeling "haunted," after all.
Sharjo (EUW)
: The Appearance of the Frozen Watchers
Actually in light of recent lore updates that the Watchers are from the Void, this is pretty good timing. Likely this concept art no longer applies (if it ever did) and the Watchers would have more of a traditional Void look - purple, black, etc. Of course, if they’re sticking with the Frejlord and Lissandra connection then the Watchers could have taken a more...appropriate form for the occasion or the Iceborn made statues interpreting them in a way more connected to their culture (ice, horns and the like).
: Does Rakan have ADHD/ADD?
You know, I think you’re right. I agree it’s cool they’re diversifying their characters in different ways like this.
: Looks like we're getting a new animated short this patch.
This may have just improved my mood a bit.... I'm hyped.
: Possible future skin bio groupings
Grey Warwick would probably fit with the medieval skins - after the rework the flavor of that skin is very much in sync with that skin line.
: > [{quoted}](name=PerchancetoGame,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mLZphqUU,comment-id=0017,timestamp=2018-07-09T22:50:54.970+0000) > > I was feeling frustrated with real world politics when I chose and saw a reflection of that here. I picked Garen cause the desire to "burn it all down" like Darius gave us Trump. If this is what people do with freedom then we bloody don't deserve it. Wouldnt it be the other way around? With Garen being Trump and Darius being those who do not want him in office? War and things aside of course.
> [{quoted}](name=Noctús,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mLZphqUU,comment-id=00170000,timestamp=2018-07-09T23:02:10.454+0000) > > Wouldnt it be the other way around? With Garen being Trump and Darius being those who do not want him in office? War and things aside of course. You know, I thought about it that way but a lot of people voted for Trump cause they knew he had no experience and would make rash decisions. Their justification? "Well, it needs to be all torn down anyways" whatever the cost. Many people knew they were voting for at best, a loose cannon, at worst, a sociopathic idiot. I can't help but equate that to the appeal of Darius in this event. Plus, I was thinking about those idiots who are all about "with my mad gun collection I could start a rebellion against government overreach." And I feel that Americans in general tend to idolize rebels, not matter who they are, cause of our founding, but we don't consider the nuances of the situation.
: "Oh Darius is only winning because people want MUH EDGELORD! I'm so upset Garen won't win!"
I was feeling frustrated with real world politics when I chose and saw a reflection of that here. I picked Garen cause the desire to "burn it all down" like Darius gave us Trump. If this is what people do with freedom then we bloody don't deserve it.
: [Discussion] Would you want Twisted Treeline or any other Maps to make a comeback?
The Twisted Treeline update was when they gave it the whole "Shadow Isles" aesthetic and it was fairly well received, if I remember. Visually it's just fine but some gameplay tweaks to raise player levels would probably do the trick. Right now the queue times and bot opponents are just depressing.
: Comparison with HotS
It's true that a lot of HotS players bring a "League mentality" to the game - not understanding that objectives trump kills (unless said kills are to secure an objective) and thinking they can carry a game. There's no such thing as getting "fed" in HotS, I mean, sure you get some team XP but it's not worth as much overall than getting the Dragon Knight or Tribute.
: Garen VS DARIUS. Whats your Side?
As much as I love Noxus, I'm going with Garen {{champion:86}} Freedom is great and all but absolute freedom is anarchy. Plus, I never had much patience with the "burn it all down" types. They have no plan - and that's the point. Kind of a hard thing to rally around. I'll take my stable, if slightly tyrannical, authority over that any day.
: Another thread about the Darkin lore change
I never said they shouldn't interact or exist in a vacuum. My issue was tying the origin stories together and that their original lore was not completely incompatible with what Riot wanted for the new version. Of course these entities wouldn't tolerate the Darkin invasion. Until Aatrox's complete lore was released, I assumed that the Targonians had stepped in to help in the war against the Darkin, maybe made some friendly gestures and betrayed them (judging from Aatrox's VO). I had enjoyed the shades of grey in Varus's lore of while the Darkin ravaged the world, you could still understand how Varus was wanted to avenge his people. Now? It's feels a little out of character that this broken warrior who lived for nothing but killing voidborn and then just killing would be all for avenging the Darkin. Though to be fair, that last part may be more of an oversight in the lore change where part of the old bio was cut and pasted in. Saying that he's back to continue his eternal killing spree, this time without any superiors to direct him, would fix this.
Rioter Comments
: Zoe doesn't display any malice or hatred in her voice over. She's portrayed as lighthearted and cheerful, not like the sadist child that Annie is. And we always knew the Darkin _in Runeterra_ were finite. But there was always the possibility of a second invasion if they figured out how to open the bridge again. And powerful invaders from another world is not as trite as "ermagahd, evil ascended." Having everything either be corrupted or be godlike beings is trite as hell - and that's the direction that the League lore is screaming down right now. The Darkin now encapsulate both of these. Having them being alien invaders that could have helped Shurima before turning on them and trying to invade _was unique to the story, and showed human ingenuity in repelling a more powerful foe._ It delivered an alien invasion fantasy within League's universe without sci-fi aspects, and it made the Darkin foreign and powerful, and believable as horrible creatures that needed to be contained if they couldn't be killed. The new Darkin are just Ascended who became corrupted by the Void and now want to conquer (yet didn't conquer Shurima while it was thriving because of a human emperor, sooooo tell me why?), so they became much more boring and less of a story on human ingenuity and more of a story about how a god from Targon pulled a long con. It made their story much less grand, much less mythic, and made it forgettably stale.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=REtBJ3ER,comment-id=0000000100000001,timestamp=2018-06-25T19:52:05.000+0000) > > Zoe doesn't display any malice or hatred in her voice over. She's portrayed as lighthearted and cheerful, not like the sadist child that Annie is. > > And we always knew the Darkin _in Runeterra_ were finite. But there was always the possibility of a second invasion if they figured out how to open the bridge again. > > And powerful invaders from another world is not as trite as "ermagahd, evil ascended." Having everything either be corrupted or be godlike beings is trite as hell - and that's the direction that the League lore is screaming down right now. The Darkin now encapsulate both of these. Having them being alien invaders that could have helped Shurima before turning on them and trying to invade _was unique to the story, and showed human ingenuity in repelling a more powerful foe._ It delivered an alien invasion fantasy within League's universe without sci-fi aspects, and it made the Darkin foreign and powerful, and believable as horrible creatures that needed to be contained if they couldn't be killed. The new Darkin are just Ascended who became corrupted by the Void and now want to conquer (yet didn't conquer Shurima while it was thriving because of a human emperor, sooooo tell me why?), so they became much more boring and less of a story on human ingenuity and more of a story about how a god from Targon pulled a long con. It made their story much less grand, much less mythic, and made it forgettably stale. I have to agree. I was disappointed to see that the relatively recent developments on the Darkin from Varus's lore was retconned.
Show more

PerchancetoGame

Level 61 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion