Jikker (NA)
: I'll go ahead and forward to the rest of the team that the mod.name error is still occurring. It is definitely not intentional and is an error in the system (it's supposed to insert the mod's name). As to the removals, calling someone a moron is a violation of the Golden Rule and discussing anything political is not permitted. I may not have warned for these personally depending on context, but I respect the moderator's decision in doing so.
> [{quoted}](name=Jikker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HWegXcuc,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-10-13T19:19:27.239+0000) > > I'll go ahead and forward to the rest of the team that the mod.name error is still occurring. It is definitely not intentional and is an error in the system (it's supposed to insert the mod's name). > > As to the removals, calling someone a moron is a violation of the Golden Rule and discussing anything political is not permitted. I may not have warned for these personally depending on context, but I respect the moderator's decision in doing so. I see plenty of threads praising riot for being "pro lgbtabcdefg". Why don't those ever get removed? Classic censorship. You remove anything that goes against your ideologies because you're too mentally weak to even stand seeing a differing opinion.
: > You do realize china owns league of legends too, right? It's gonna happen here too eventually. Not necessarily. The Blizzard issue was caused by them as a company choosing the revenue they could earn from China over the rights of, and responsibilities to, their players. Riot's been a bit scummy about money and cashgrabs in the past (lootboxes... they're terrible) but they make enough money from other countries, namely Korea, most of Europe, and the United States, that losing China wouldn't hit them TOO terribly hard. I fully believe Riot would stand up for its player's rights to freedom of speech.
> [{quoted}](name=SamBunnzly,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LWYWz5cW,comment-id=00210000,timestamp=2019-10-13T06:24:40.433+0000) > > Not necessarily. The Blizzard issue was caused by them as a company choosing the revenue they could earn from China over the rights of, and responsibilities to, their players. > Riot's been a bit scummy about money and cashgrabs in the past (lootboxes... they're terrible) but they make enough money from other countries, namely Korea, most of Europe, and the United States, that losing China wouldn't hit them TOO terribly hard. > I fully believe Riot would stand up for its player's rights to freedom of speech. Riot? The company that permabans you for speech they don't like?
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:21:28.980+0000) > > People keep screaming censorship... > > Honestly, one of the biggest reasons Riot and Blizzard (and other companies) prevent representatives from speaking out about this is for those people's own safety. While your random Joe Schmoe saying something about it isn't likely to draw government attention, someone of "power" - be it an influencer (youtuber/instagrammer/etc), a professional athlete (not even highest level, just any in general), etc.... that person is going to be on the radar of the government officials. > > The situation (without getting too political) is such that someone may be arrested and detained for an indefinite period of time if China can get their hands on them. I guarantee you that these sorts of "extrajudicial detainment" have already happened to individuals in China/HK who have spoken out against the actions of China (or, by extension, in support of HK). > > So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale. How dare you hide behind safety in regards to people's lives and freedom. People are fighting for their right to live as humans and you are worried about people being safe!? SAFE!? Don't you dare try to justify this censorship.
> [{quoted}](name=Yordle Gunner,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-10-09T19:49:12.392+0000) > > How dare you hide behind safety in regards to people's lives and freedom. People are fighting for their right to live as humans and you are worried about people being safe!? SAFE!? Don't you dare try to justify this censorship. Those who would trade freedom for safety deserve neither
: If we show casual support for Hong Kong in game. Will we be banned?
Of course you will. Tencent tells riot what to do and when to do it.
rujitra (NA)
: People keep screaming censorship... Honestly, one of the biggest reasons Riot and Blizzard (and other companies) prevent representatives from speaking out about this is for those people's own safety. While your random Joe Schmoe saying something about it isn't likely to draw government attention, someone of "power" - be it an influencer (youtuber/instagrammer/etc), a professional athlete (not even highest level, just any in general), etc.... that person is going to be on the radar of the government officials. The situation (without getting too political) is such that someone may be arrested and detained for an indefinite period of time if China can get their hands on them. I guarantee you that these sorts of "extrajudicial detainment" have already happened to individuals in China/HK who have spoken out against the actions of China (or, by extension, in support of HK). So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XFm7cF6y,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-09T18:21:28.980+0000) > > People keep screaming censorship... > > Honestly, one of the biggest reasons Riot and Blizzard (and other companies) prevent representatives from speaking out about this is for those people's own safety. While your random Joe Schmoe saying something about it isn't likely to draw government attention, someone of "power" - be it an influencer (youtuber/instagrammer/etc), a professional athlete (not even highest level, just any in general), etc.... that person is going to be on the radar of the government officials. > > The situation (without getting too political) is such that someone may be arrested and detained for an indefinite period of time if China can get their hands on them. I guarantee you that these sorts of "extrajudicial detainment" have already happened to individuals in China/HK who have spoken out against the actions of China (or, by extension, in support of HK). > > So no, it's not censorship for the sake of being a jerk or trying to please someone - the biggest thing is the safety of League of Legends players who are representing the game on a large scale. Found the China apologist
: > [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=4tFwGAda,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-08T00:40:58.898+0000) > > The Moderators themselves are monitored by the Heralds. > > Heralds are less common and _as far as I know_ there are only 5 - Ulanopo, The Djinn, Evangele, KnightsKemplar, and Attysu The Poro. Generally speaking Heralds seem to work on a lot of behind-the-scenes related content like creating [subboard-specific rulesets](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/OjEUxbwH-player-behavior-rules-update) and addressing complaints about staff members or [the Boards themselves,](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/o1j0fg6g-mods-shouldnt-be-allowed-to-remove-posts-that-protest-mods) they usually don't deal with simple tasks like post removals (or atleast not at the rate at which regular Moderators do.) > > And _I believe_ the Boards Moderation Team (including Heralds, Moderators, Specialists, etc.) are all subject to a general ruleset given to them by Riot, although they're not always under severe moderation from them as the two teams (Riot + BMT) are separate entities. And of course I could be wrong on this point, in which case I'd like a member of staff to come in here and lay the smackdown on me > > Edit: If you want a good explanation of the roles and their duties, check this link: > > #**https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/community-moderation/FJr1kR84-board-update-volunteer-team-community-roles** This is correct. Heralds oversee the regular moderators. And Riot has the power to oversee Heralds and the modteam generally, though there are fine points of distinction there relating to the general volunteer nature of the team. Riot is pretty hands-off with these boards, though Rioters *very* occasionally step in to help handle the absolute worst cases - which include serial ban evaders and legitimate criminal hackers as well as those making violent threats against the modteam, Riot, et cetera. ---------- What I feel like is more important to address is that there is absolutely a set of recourses and a chain of command for those who feel they have been moderated unfairly. All Boards users have the right generally speaking to ask for review of their cases, and that almost universally starts with requesting a pullroom session in the official Boards Discord. That Discord is open to *nearly* everyone, even permabanned Boards accounts, as that is the official mechanism to request case reviews. EDIT: However, as Djinn tells me, you can get yourself banned from Discord too if you violate the rules there - so it's best to approach with kindness and courtesy. You *can* get banned from League and all of its affiliated programs 100% forever if you do *really* bad things - any actionable threats fall under that line, as does serial ban evading, or any kind of hacking, and certainly any criminal behavior not otherwise covered here - so I do encourage people not to ever try. For the overwhelming majority of cases however, Discord review is possible and encouraged for those who genuinely feel they have been wronged. Contrary to a lot of public opinion, we are not power-mad and unreasonable people. We are just generally speaking people who simply want to help keep the Boards free of bullying and to create a positive space for the game. And like every person in every environment charged with keeping the peace - we do the best we can, but we're human, so we make mistakes too. We are frequently overworked, having to resolve dozens of cases in just about every moderation session we undertake, so what may seem like "power-mad" behavior to some is frequently just either omission by exhaustion or very simply our own human failings coming into play - because we *are* human beings too, and not perfect. Appeals happen fairly frequently, and we always try to be as reasonable as we can in this process. This is the link for that Discord server, for those interested in starting the process. https://discord.gg/6JevFSb
> [{quoted}](name=CaliCoastReplay,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=4tFwGAda,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T15:20:18.153+0000) > > > Contrary to a lot of public opinion, we are power-mad and unreasonable. We are just fascist robots who simply want to help keep the Boards free of wrongthink and to create a safe space for the emotionally unstable. And like every NPC in every environment charged with policing thoughtcrime - we do the bare minimum, but we're Thought Police, so we make mistakes too. We are frequently updated, having to resolve issues with our programming in just about every weekly update we undertake, so what may seem like "power-mad" behavior to some is frequently just faulty code or very simply our own robot failings coming into play - because we *are* NPC's too, and not perfect. > FTFY
: > [{quoted}](name=l Ryden l,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=4tFwGAda,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T02:44:28.189+0000) > > Dial it down a notch, chief. The way you talk about the boards is like you wanting to overthrow a government. > > It's a fucking forum for talking about a video game.. and you're weeping over it? > > "Dost thou cause be just, righteous and noble?" :eyeroll: Because mods on any forum anywhere on the internet act like a police force that abuse the public all they want because there's no way to hold them accountable.
> [{quoted}](name=BlackKnightJack,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=4tFwGAda,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T13:53:07.507+0000) > > Because mods on any forum anywhere on the internet act like a police force that abuse the public all they want because there's no way to hold them accountable. Tbh I completely agree with you. I think its about time we extend the First amendment to protect against these private entities
: As opposed to you, the man telling me what to think by telling me what I think isn't what I'm actually thinking, but what I'm parroting? 'Kay bud. > The Lefts Bruh
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FpzGTrO4,comment-id=000e0000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T08:53:25.483+0000) > > As opposed to you, the man telling me what to think by telling me what I think isn't what I'm actually thinking, but what I'm parroting? 'Kay bud. > > Bruh Another false equivalency. If that IS your own genuine belief (which I sincerely doubt) then we have nothing more to discuss Any sane man would realize that restriction of protected speech of any form, in any place, is a gross violation of human rights. Regardless of the legality, punishment of protected speech is a disgusting practice, and anyone who supports it is most likely a fascist
: Nice not realizing that just because there is a way for people to stop abuse, doesn't mean the abuse should be allowed. There should no need for a Mute button, because people *shouldn't* be toxic. But we're not in a perfect world, so we give people the tools to protect themselves. Doesn't make toxicity any more allowable.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FpzGTrO4,comment-id=000e00000001000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-08T07:59:44.088+0000) > > Nice not realizing that just because there is a way for people to stop abuse, doesn't mean the abuse should be allowed. There should no need for a Mute button, because people *shouldn't* be toxic. But we're not in a perfect world, so we give people the tools to protect themselves. Doesn't make toxicity any more allowable. Ah yes "toxic" the lefts favorite buzzword. Have you ever tried thinking for yourself, instead of parroting the ones who have been holding you down and telling you what to think?
: > If the expected self defense is to kill someone before they kill you, then no one should be punished for killing people.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FpzGTrO4,comment-id=000e000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-08T07:25:06.332+0000) > > Nice false equivalence bud
: > I had ONE bad game where I decided to open my mouth and defend myself against a bully and toxic individual. Defending yourself does not mean attacking back, or being toxic in return. Self Defense is literally the justified steps it takes to remove yourself from a point of danger in which your life is threatened. In terms of toxicity online, it means *Mute them*. It does not mean flame the other person back. > Little did I know, that it was a team of 3 people. Multiple reports per game does not matter. It only takes one person to report you for the game to be put under review. Either your one time was severe enough to warrant a chat restriction, or you can't handle the fact that what you deem as 'not toxic' is punishable.
> [{quoted}](name=Academy Kayn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=FpzGTrO4,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-09-08T01:22:25.277+0000) > > Defending yourself does not mean attacking back, or being toxic in return. Self Defense is literally the justified steps it takes to remove yourself from a point of danger in which your life is threatened. In terms of toxicity online, it means *Mute them*. It does not mean flame the other person back. > > Multiple reports per game does not matter. It only takes one person to report you for the game to be put under review. Either your one time was severe enough to warrant a chat restriction, or you can't handle the fact that what you deem as 'not toxic' is punishable. If the expected self defense is muting someone, then no one should be punished for flaming
: Mobile legends and vainglory already dominate the market, Idk why riot would try to jump in so many years late.
> [{quoted}](name=KingBBQChicken,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ZqbGkP8Q,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-08-30T15:15:22.639+0000) > > Mobile legends and vainglory already dominate the market, Idk why riot would try to jump in so many years late. Because that's what tencent does. They purchase a game, kill it, then create a mobile version to prey on the chinese mobile market, e.g. PUBG
Mythrandill (EUNE)
: If the 10'th year anniversary of LOL is mobile league you will get the Bizzard treatment
This is Tencent's SOP. 1. Buy popular game 2. Force company to change game and market to Chinese players 3. Develop a mobile version of said game to prey on Chinese mobile gaming market 4. Force dev's to abandon regular game and focus on mobile version 5. Let original game die
: When will inting trash like this ever get dealt with?
Riot doesn't care about trolls/inters. All they care about is people who hurt other peoples poor feelies :(
Nea104 (EUW)
: It's not casual that as a "support" he can perma-spam. Very fun to play against :P
> [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7MlEhc0W,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-29T03:03:21.490+0000) > > It's not casual that as a "support" he can perma-spam. Very fun to play against :P It's not just Vel. ANY mage being played as support never goes oom because this item line {{item:3303}} is broken beyond belief.
0minous (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HA7REldU,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-29T13:56:42.772+0000) > > You realize it takes numerous days for them to even get to player report tickets, right? And its not like its an instant auto ban, the best they can do is forward it for investigation. > > Again, this requires manual review, and theres thousands of these to review per day. > > The proof is objectively bad. Yet it takes them less than a minute to ban players for being toxic in chat, almost instantaneously? Even unfairly banning them? I myself got a 2 week straight up ban for talking back to a flamer and inter in game. Why not just chat ban me or warn me? For having a valid human reaction to something distasteful. And now you're trying to tell me oh it takes time to ban someone like this. Dude, he didn't get banned, 30 games, tickets, reports, days.
> [{quoted}](name=0minous,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HA7REldU,comment-id=0002000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-29T14:05:25.250+0000) > > Yet it takes them less than a minute to ban players for being toxic in chat, almost instantaneously? Even unfairly banning them? I myself got a 2 week straight up ban for talking back to a flamer and inter in game. Why not just chat ban me or warn me? For having a valid human reaction to something distasteful. And now you're trying to tell me oh it takes time to ban someone like this. Dude, he didn't get banned, 30 games, tickets, reports, days. I got banned for having a conversation with the players on my team about the state of mages in season 9 so. Riot just honestly doesn't care anymore.
: The problem is not actually the damage that they deal but the fact that they can get 45% CDR with 2 items ({{item:3311}} +{{item:3285}} + Transcendence + Cosmic Insight). And as if that weren't enough, they seem to have an endless pool of mana as well. I remember back in S6 when I used to play mostly mages, I'd always go OoM after casting ~5 abilities in the early game. Now, they can just keep spamming their abilities indefinitely cause they get 600 mana from their core item and, on top of that, they also have Manaflow Band.
> [{quoted}](name=ShirarezaruEiyuu,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6JaamFIu,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-07-29T02:09:37.955+0000) > > The problem is not actually the damage that they deal but the fact that they can get 45% CDR with 2 items ({{item:3311}} +{{item:3285}} + Transcendence + Cosmic Insight). And as if that weren't enough, they seem to have an endless pool of mana as well. I remember back in S6 when I used to play mostly mages, I'd always go OoM after casting ~5 abilities in the early game. Now, they can just keep spamming their abilities indefinitely cause they get 600 mana from their core item and, on top of that, they also have Manaflow Band. Been saying this forever. No champion should be getting 45% CDR from one built item and a component.
: > [{quoted}](name=FkValeRly,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pJNAaGYE,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-07-23T11:38:29.507+0000) > > AVOIDING A BOARDS BAN!?!?!??!?? that's a permaban mate. > > na but seriously tho the sjw shits getting out of hand, good thing I'm not american. don't worry they are taking over the world
> [{quoted}](name=Garen is adopted,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pJNAaGYE,comment-id=00120001,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:37:11.051+0000) > > don't worry they are taking over the world Nah, just looks like it because all they do is day is bitch and complain on the internet since none of them work for a living. There's actually a lot more non-SJW's, we just are busy doing adult shit
Power Mac (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=DODGEORLOSE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pJNAaGYE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-23T00:51:25.374+0000) > > God damn. The snowflakes and SJWs are taking over Riot, too, now? Fighting for social equality = being a bad person = working for Riot. Your logic is flawless.
> [{quoted}](name=Power Mac,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pJNAaGYE,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-23T12:01:23.566+0000) > > Fighting for social equality = being a bad person = working for Riot. Your logic is flawless. *looks at region* what a shocker /s
: God damn. The snowflakes and SJWs are taking over Riot, too, now?
> [{quoted}](name=DODGEORLOSE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pJNAaGYE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-23T00:51:25.374+0000) > > God damn. The snowflakes and SJWs are taking over Riot, too, now? Damn you really not been paying attention the past couple years
: > [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sPBH7wOd,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-13T18:03:16.479+0000) > > Depends on a player to player basis. I can't stand in front of Midir so Friede is easier for me. If you can consistently stand in front of Midir he apparently is piss easy to defeat. I had to use the mercury spell q.q
> [{quoted}](name=Luxana Crowngard,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sPBH7wOd,comment-id=000000000001,timestamp=2019-01-13T21:34:00.181+0000) > > I had to use the mercury spell q.q Thats how my brother did it. I just cheesed him with dark arrows, and Ornsteins spear
Manxxom (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Plat Jgler,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UIE7pXYI,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-07T03:46:24.375+0000) > > Bro thats where i got stuck too after sister friede that chick frisky as hell man The Demon Princes aren't unfair really, its just two bosses, problem is I just have rotten luck when one of them can reach through the one I am trying to kill, smacking me. Oh and lets not forget about the freakin Dunk either of them pull, its dunk city.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Apex,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=UIE7pXYI,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-01-07T04:30:37.772+0000) > > The Demon Princes aren't unfair really, its just two bosses, problem is I just have rotten luck when one of them can reach through the one I am trying to kill, smacking me. Oh and lets not forget about the freakin Dunk either of them pull, its dunk city. Here's a tip, focus the Demon in Pain first. The second phase is easier to deal with. In first phase, stick close to its rear legs and side pelvic region. Their attacks are slow and telegraphed so you should be able to dodge them. Make sure to move to a position where you can see both of them, if you lose track of one. Summon Gael for this fight. He makes phase two extremely easy. Also, the demons are weak to Dark, Bleed, and Slash. They also take 20% more dmg from Black Knight weapons. I used +10 Refined Onikiri and Ubadachi buffed with Carthus rouge for this fight. I also had a +5 Dragonriders bow and dark arrows for when I needed to back off. If stamina is an issue I suggest using a chloranthy ring and grass crest shield. Should solve any stamina problems. If you have any questions feel free to ask
: {{champion:37}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:98}} These champions only live to make the game longer. Like BRUUUUH IF I WANTED A 60+ MIN GAME I'D BE PLAYIN HEROES OF THE STORM. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
> [{quoted}](name=Mega Audinoz,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fnXNchTs,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-18T09:09:25.292+0000) > > {{champion:37}} {{champion:3}} {{champion:10}} {{champion:98}} > > These champions only live to make the game longer. > Like BRUUUUH IF I WANTED A 60+ MIN GAME I'D BE PLAYIN HEROES OF THE STORM. > {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}} But most hots games are around 15 - 20 minutes? That's the beauty of having map objectives that actually end the game
: > [{quoted}](name=3TWarrior,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zZWZhJHv,comment-id=000200020000,timestamp=2018-11-17T02:54:05.618+0000) > > there's an entire section of the roster that does nothing but split push. Technically, we could say junglers fit that role too. Junglers don't get their own lane, are constantly at the mercy of every team member, and basically fall off in importance unless they get super fed once the laning phase is over > > what was ocntroversial about it is that they nerfed yorick for being near a 60% winrate in bronze only, which is his STRONGEST division because he focuses on objectives and NOT DEATHBALL TEAMFIGHTS > > wasn't it a 20 base damage nerf for him compared to irelia's 5 ms ? > > you also just mentioned poppy against irelia. Poppy hard-counters EVERY MOBILITY CHAMP. Cassiopeia can do a similar job but doesn't get the stats > > funny note, it's yorick's JOB TO HARM OBJECTIVES, just like it's marksmen, adc, nasus, ziggs and quite a few champions > > if he's doing more damage to turrets than your entire team, then that's a problem > > i've done that with mordekaiser before and that was back when he was a lane bully. Is yorick even close to that when a bami's cinder kills his ghouls immediately? You know when you read a reply so bronze you can't even think of what to say because you feel like anything you do say will go over their head? Yeah I'm having that issue right now. The hell are you going on about? Irelia has a 63% winrate against Cass. Poppy has a 55% winrate vs irelia. There's like a huge difference there. So there goes your theory lmao. Poppy hard counters irelia because her w will interrupt the q meaning she can't use it again. She doesn't get the damage, she can't follow up on her combo. You literally just brought up why Yorick was nerfed. He was only good at harming objectives. It's pretty obvious they tried to give him options for teamfights with the new e and w. However he was still a split pushing no interaction machine, so he was nerfed. It's extremely obvious people don't like playing vs split pushers and it's extremely obvious league has made split pushing as weak as possible. Every time I play a split pusher I feel like I'm cheating the game because I get to skip the entire interacting with other players part that makes the game take skill. I just push while placing some wards and based on what those wards tell me I either continue to push and kill the people coming for me, suicide for the turret or run away before they can get to me. Like it ain't hard and I'm glad it's not rewarded unless a champion is busted. It's obvious League wants to rewards players that have teamfights and work together as a team.
> [{quoted}](name=The Trent,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=zZWZhJHv,comment-id=0002000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-17T10:51:56.285+0000) > > You know when you read a reply so bronze you can't even think of what to say because you feel like anything you do say will go over their head? Yeah I'm having that issue right now. The hell are you going on about? Irelia has a 63% winrate against Cass. Poppy has a 55% winrate vs irelia. There's like a huge difference there. So there goes your theory lmao. Poppy hard counters irelia because her w will interrupt the q meaning she can't use it again. She doesn't get the damage, she can't follow up on her combo. You literally just brought up why Yorick was nerfed. He was only good at harming objectives. It's pretty obvious they tried to give him options for teamfights with the new e and w. However he was still a split pushing no interaction machine, so he was nerfed. It's extremely obvious people don't like playing vs split pushers and it's extremely obvious league has made split pushing as weak as possible. Every time I play a split pusher I feel like I'm cheating the game because I get to skip the entire interacting with other players part that makes the game take skill. I just push while placing some wards and based on what those wards tell me I either continue to push and kill the people coming for me, suicide for the turret or run away before they can get to me. Like it ain't hard and I'm glad it's not rewarded unless a champion is busted. It's obvious League wants to rewards players that have teamfights and work together as a team. Except trynd is also a split pushing no interaction machine who will 1v9 if he even gets the slightest lead. So why don't they gut him like they did Yorick? Because trynd is popular
Hügö (EUW)
: Ah the "just wait it is preseason"?
> [{quoted}](name=Hügö,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=gRaeqf6V,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-17T10:25:06.855+0000) > > Ah the "just wait it is preaseon"? Lmao my thoughts exactly. Somehow it seems like we went through this same thing a year ago. Wait a second......
: > [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=0003000100020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:49:41.965+0000) > > It's not hard? I make around 2k every two weeks working 30 hours. Didn't even go to college. "just follow this 10 step dvd! which could be yours for only 20 installments of 10 dollars!"
> [{quoted}](name=Éve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=00030001000200000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:50:39.895+0000) > > "just follow this 10 step dvd! which could be yours for only 20 installments of 10 dollars!" More like "If you really wanted more free time you would get off your ass and find a better job instead of sitting there whining about how you have no time, no money, and no ability to get ranked rewards because you called your jg a mongoloid and got chat restricted"
: Thats what happens when you're half health no sums @ 2:30.
> [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAOkpPT3,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:48:34.770+0000) > > Thats what happens when you're half health no sums @ 2:30. Or when the other team has a Lee jg and Leo supp. I just want to be able to lane without the other team 5 man ganking constantly. The real kicker is when their top tp's down and my top recalls instead of shoving and taking the turret.
: > [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=00030001000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:45:42.098+0000) > > Get a non 40 hour a week, minimum wage job so you have more free time? And why don't I eat out of a trash can while I'm at it too!
> [{quoted}](name=Éve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=000300010002000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:46:50.067+0000) > > And why don't I eat out of a trash can while I'm at it too! It's not hard? I make around 2k every two weeks working 30 hours. Didn't even go to college.
: > [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=000300010002000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T02:00:42.846+0000) > > I got chat restricted twice this season. Managed to climb back to Honor 2 before the second chat restriction, and managed to climb back to Honor 2 before season end. It's not that difficult people just want to complain because they're toxic little fucks who don't know how to just not type in game. Not everyone plays 600+ games a season.
> [{quoted}](name=Éve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=0003000100020000000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:26:15.060+0000) > > Not everyone plays 600+ games a season. Get a non 40 hour a week, minimum wage job so you have more free time?
: I just don't want to be 5 man dove at 10 minutes every game.
> [{quoted}](name=KazaJhodo,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bAOkpPT3,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2018-11-15T03:16:00.451+0000) > > I just don't want to be 5 man dove at 10 minutes every game. 10 minutes? I get 3 man dove at 2:30 pretty much 9 times out of 10.
: > [{quoted}](name=DrCyanide,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=0003000100020000,timestamp=2018-11-14T18:57:13.281+0000) > > Devils advocate: What about people who played just one more ranked game on the last day of the season and got demoted. Was that not also a lapse in judgement that ruined months of hard work? > > I don't have a horse in this race, I didn't play ranked this season. I get that the chat restriction honor recovery seems a bit harsh (someone posted that they've played nearly 600 games over 5 months and only made it to Honor 1 checkpoint 3). At the same time, a deadline is a deadline, and unless Riot's planning on changing Honor recovery it's not going to be any easier next season, so why change it? Rank can be earned back in hours. Honor takes months on months if your lucky
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmdUPvKw,comment-id=00030001000200000000,timestamp=2018-11-14T19:08:43.130+0000) > > Rank can be earned back in hours. Honor takes months on months if your lucky I got chat restricted twice this season. Managed to climb back to Honor 2 before the second chat restriction, and managed to climb back to Honor 2 before season end. It's not that difficult people just want to complain because they're toxic little fucks who don't know how to just not type in game.
: > [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:51:04.415+0000) > > I was working for an aerospace company (not naming them) where I was contracted as a Team Lead for one of the maintenance centers. I got in a disagreement with my boss over who we should hire. (He wanted to hire someone with a degree but no experience, I wanted to hire someone with no degree but 8 years of experience) The next day I got a call letting me know my contract had been terminated. No prior warnings, no disciplinary action, no write ups, just like that, I was out of a job. Point being, I still had a year and 3 months left on my contract, but they are not required too pay me for that time. > > Technically it is my fault for not negotiating a "For Cause" contract, which Daniel Klein may have with Riot, but regardless, discriminating and verbally attacking customers on social media is potentially a cause for termination. That's pretty petty reason to fire you. Were you in California though? Just curious. On top of that I guess there are different types of contracts with different types of lenience I honestly didn't know that. Good to know, sorry to hear that happened to you though.
> [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:56:11.099+0000) > > That's pretty petty reason to fire you. Were you in California though? Just curious. > > On top of that I guess there are different types of contracts with different types of lenience I honestly didn't know that. Good to know, sorry to hear that happened to you though. Yes I was (and still am)
: > [{quoted}](name=PerfecJhin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=00080000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:13:41.931+0000) > > Except California is an "At Will" employment state. At any point, the employer or employee can terminate their employment for any reason. Including contract work. Okay, that's fine and dandy but like, what I said isn't false. What I also said pertains to "contracts" and "contracted work" (assuming using a real contract) would fall under that definition. If I break said contract I'd still owe the cost of the contract. Just because they live in California does not mean contracts don't work the same way. Employment however may be a different story I am not fully informed on that, and this IS about employment. So I will take your word for it on that "at will" statement. I, however, disagree with the last statement, a contract is a contract.
> [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-09-04T20:29:45.541+0000) > > Okay, that's fine and dandy but like, what I said isn't false. What I also said pertains to "contracts" and "contracted work" (assuming using a real contract) would fall under that definition. If I break said contract I'd still owe the cost of the contract. Just because they live in California does not mean contracts don't work the same way. > > Employment however may be a different story I am not fully informed on that, and this IS about employment. So I will take your word for it on that "at will" statement. I, however, disagree with the last statement, a contract is a contract. I was working for an aerospace company (not naming them) where I was contracted as a Team Lead for one of the maintenance centers. I got in a disagreement with my boss over who we should hire. (He wanted to hire someone with a degree but no experience, I wanted to hire someone with no degree but 8 years of experience) The next day I got a call letting me know my contract had been terminated. No prior warnings, no disciplinary action, no write ups, just like that, I was out of a job. Point being, I still had a year and 3 months left on my contract, but they are not required too pay me for that time. Technically it is my fault for not negotiating a "For Cause" contract, which Daniel Klein may have with Riot, but regardless, discriminating and verbally attacking customers on social media is potentially a cause for termination.
: > [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:36:52.621+0000) > > You are so wrong I don't even know where to start man that kind of stuff is my life so just stop. Then you'd know any broken contract means the side who broke the contract owes the other side compensation, it can be as simple as paying out the remainder of the contract. If for example I sign a contract to get $1000 every month for one year and in turn I do a service for them two things can happen. If I break it then they may just not pay me anymore, if they break it they may owe me the $1000 + maybe more depending on if I can prove "damages" that happen from the broken contract, on top of that I wont have to fulfill their side of the contract at all. So I'd get my $1000 + potential damages and they would get none of my work in return. Every contract is breachable. The reason is because they wont send you to jail for breaking any contract, they will simply try to take as much as the contract would have allowed them to take otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong, but don't just say "You're wrong because I say so with no evidence to prove otherwise other than I work with contracts! Take my word for it!". Enlighten me, even if Daniel was under contract, he can be fired.
> [{quoted}](name=Manslayer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=3PBv0reJ,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-04T19:54:06.563+0000) > > Then you'd know any broken contract means the side who broke the contract owes the other side compensation, it can be as simple as paying out the remainder of the contract. If for example I sign a contract to get $1000 every month for one year and in turn I do a service for them two things can happen. If I break it then they may just not pay me anymore, if they break it they may owe me the $1000 + maybe more depending on if I can prove "damages" that happen from the broken contract, on top of that I wont have to fulfill their side of the contract at all. So I'd get my $1000 + potential damages and they would get none of my work in return. > > Every contract is breachable. The reason is because they wont send you to jail for breaking any contract, they will simply try to take as much as the contract would have allowed them to take otherwise. > > Correct me if I am wrong, but don't just say "You're wrong because I say so with no evidence to prove otherwise other than I work with contracts! Take my word for it!". Enlighten me, even if Daniel was under contract, he can be fired. Except California is an "At Will" employment state. At any point, the employer or employee can terminate their employment for any reason. Including contract work.

PerfecJhin

Level 236 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion