: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=0002000000000002,timestamp=2019-09-20T18:35:05.640+0000) > > That’s the thing, his title is grandmaster at arms but... that doesn’t necessarily encompass his whole combat prowess? > > He wins over beings like Cho’gath, Syndra, Xerath, and others with perhaps what seems to be sheer skill but definitely has beneath it some supernatural power. It’s not like he’s just a human being with insane mastery of weaponry; he’s... something beyond. > > The whole point behind his story was that him just being a mercenary that is an arms grandmaster that just randomly shows up is too cooked up to actually fit him. That’s his alias, but obviously one he doesn’t put much effort into keeping, as he’s clearly too skilled to be _just_ a human grandmaster at arms. He doesnt win over anyone that you listed lmao. They kill Jax by sneezing
Except he did? He was undefeated in the league while they were there, and they had to handicap him?
: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=cYEiZa9g,comment-id=000200000000000100020000,timestamp=2019-09-20T18:39:56.537+0000) > > His lore in the past was vague, and his past was unknown. The point is he too has clearly transcended beyond mortal power levels; he just doesn’t ooze his power everywhere uncontrollably to show it. Perhaps like something out of an Eastern cultivation novel, Jax’s “mysterious past” and his utmost prowess is intended to hint at him possessing a power that he is half assedly concealing behind being a grandmaster at arms. A grandmaster at arms does not simply kill an ascended or fend off the void and the shadow isles and win consistently. He didnt fend off the Void or the Shadow Isles. In fact he was traumatised by seeing the Void Rift in Icathia opened, craped his pants when he saw the Ascended, and only killed a weak Ascended by toppling down half a mountain on it with the help of his elite soldier group.
And then _way_ later he joins the rift and he goes undefeated amongst a group of void creatures, ascended, demigods, aspects, darkin, and others? I don’t know why we act like in a fantasy world a fictional being cannot surpass the gods. Pantheon did it, why could Jax not have done something similar?
Pale Mask (EUW)
: Sorry, but Jax doesn't win over any of those characters you've listed. He is an experienced fighter, and that's about it. To use your own examples, Cho'Gath is an unearthly horror of titanic proportions whose very presence would drive him mad, Syndra could ragdoll him around and snap his neck whenever she wanted, and Xerath could kill him with a pulse of magic from so far away he wouldn't even know what hit him. He's not human, no, but he's not a superman either. He doesn't have any extreme abilities to take on any of the real power players of Runeterra. He struggled a lot against an average Ascended warrior, and the beings you've listed surpass those in power. This is exactly why he's gathering _other skilled fighters_ to combat the Void beside him: because _he cannot do so alone_.
At what point in time did he struggle against the ascended? This could have easily been way before he came to the League. When he did come to the league he was undefeated. Why was he undefeated on a stage where he was fighting ascended and beyond? Cho’gath and Xerath were definitely there when this was the case. I just don’t understand why you can’t accept that perhaps Jax too gained power to surpass those beings. Plus, even superman fights in a team. A single uber powerful being cannot protect an entire continent/planet from an entire dimension of invaders. He cannot be everywhere at once. Even if he goes unscathed and defeats all he comes across, and even if his stamina is infinite, Runeterra would still fall without people to fall back on.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ragnaveil,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=uWE07uAa,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-23T18:44:25.889+0000) > > Bruisers would have to sacrifice their items to build these items? Like if Jax went IE and double crit, he would have only two slots left. He could go Spear and Tri, but he would lose Steraks and other tanky items as a cost. > Besides, I mentioned that im trying to find a middle ground. That middle ground would make sure champs like Jax, Ren, Riven, Fiora, Darius, cant break the stat. The main point is that its a auto modifier and not a chance to double auto damage. What you’re suggesting is that crit is an auto modifier. Which turns every crit item into a flat damage item. It doesn’t have to be ie, double crit. Sure. Jax gives up sterak’s. But instead of building ie double crit like you suggest. He will instead go phantom dancer alone and get a 25% damage amp on top of a shield.
This... is just straight up wrong. Sterak’s gives 50% of base ad as bonus ad, which for Jax scales up to about 63 AD, exceeding the damage boost that a mere 25% would give (he would need 252 AD to exceed the boost on just autos, but that forgets that his Q, E, and R scale off AD). It additionally gives him 450 hp which is invaluable and about as much as the shield phantom dancer gives. And THEN finally we get to the shield, which is 75% bonus health, which with titanic hydra, steraks, triforce, and shojin, is HUGE... aaaaand it gives 30% tenacity during that too. Like I totally understand that Jax is too strong right now, but can we be honest and objective about what will or will not be good on him and about what he is and is not good at? Jax already _can_ build crit, however it does not amp his Q, W, E, and R damage. It does not help him survive when he is so naturally squishy. Building two crit items now is better NOW than if it were changed to the OP’s suggestion, because psuedo RNG means you can _game crits_. 50% crit? If you don’t crit the minion you’re more likely to crit on the next auto, meaning there’s a high chance of critting the opponent. It’s not _true_ rng. 50% crit now maths out to be _more_ than a 50% increase in auto damage, and yet the pros do not build crit on Jax or similar characters?
Pale Mask (EUW)
: Yeah, no, sorry, buddy, but "personality", "grit" and "character" are meaningless in the face of actual power. This is a fantastic world with entities the likes of which the human mind cannot conceive. Xerath single-handedly kept Azir on his throne and cast Shurima down beneath the sands before ascending into a god-like form; Syndra is the single most dangerous magical threat that Ionia faces at this moment. Xerath used to be a slave, and his name means "devil", in a way that represents his cunning; Syndra was abused by the people around her, who repeatedly broke her trust (her name now means "destruction"). Do you think they did not earn these names? Do you think it's easy to be a victim of abuse your entire life? Xerath and Syndra specifically were also imprisoned for countless years, and Xerath himself struggled with _Renekton_ all that time. It's fine if you don't like these characters, but both as persons and through their achievements they are realistically more badass than any firefighter or marine you can think of. You can be as biased as you like, but don't downplay their feats and try to pass it off as reality.
His lore in the past was vague, and his past was unknown. The point is he too has clearly transcended beyond mortal power levels; he just doesn’t ooze his power everywhere uncontrollably to show it. Perhaps like something out of an Eastern cultivation novel, Jax’s “mysterious past” and his utmost prowess is intended to hint at him possessing a power that he is half assedly concealing behind being a grandmaster at arms. A grandmaster at arms does not simply kill an ascended or fend off the void and the shadow isles and win consistently.
Falrein (EUW)
: Oh no, no, that I know it's just... Well allow me to say it crudely but it's kind of laughable? I mean don't get me wrong I am sure Jax, in the IoW lore, was a great fighter. But in Runeterra (even the one back then), with champions such as Syndra or Xerath or... Well you get the point, I'm not sure a simple mastery weapons is enough to make you "the most powerful being". This is why I don't view him as _the_ badass. I mean it's completely objective anyway but surely you'll understand what I mean!
That’s the thing, his title is grandmaster at arms but... that doesn’t necessarily encompass his whole combat prowess? He wins over beings like Cho’gath, Syndra, Xerath, and others with perhaps what seems to be sheer skill but definitely has beneath it some supernatural power. It’s not like he’s just a human being with insane mastery of weaponry; he’s... something beyond. The whole point behind his story was that him just being a mercenary that is an arms grandmaster that just randomly shows up is too cooked up to actually fit him. That’s his alias, but obviously one he doesn’t put much effort into keeping, as he’s clearly too skilled to be _just_ a human grandmaster at arms.
SmashinBob (EUNE)
: Huh?
Let me dumb it down a bit. 4 ad+crit items = big no no it go oof hurt big bad. No balance make too strong if remove class limitations. Now ADC not strong =/= make adc op again. Give time meta adjust. Just phase, adc most OP soon again.
: More Options for +AD/Crit Items, and Health/MR/Armor
I mean, let’s be real here. Assassins have three lethality items that they always build every game just like ad carries. They don’t even get the luxury of being able to stack the same item like ad carries do with infinity edge. Are you seriously telling me we should be able to have a 4 item full ad max crit build? I mean I personally would be delighted, but you can’t seriously tell me that you think that that could even be remotely balanced. I do, however, agree on the magic resist front. The reason there is no armor item tooled to assassins is the same reason there isn’t a magic resist item tooled to burst mages. Burst damage is already countered by flat health and resists. Adding more of a counter would make them useless.
: Problem is, if ADCs get too much protection from Assassins, then only mages will be able to deal with them.
You’re pointing out the rational point that assassins have an important function in the game that shouldn’t be negated by items while implying that mages aren’t utter garbage? https://m.imgur.com/gallery/MwaaqCl Not on the boards at least.
: I know I'm not the only one who likes the new Logo.
The old logo is iconic. The new one is simple, clean, and looks like something out of a mobile game. “For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong” – H. L. Mencken
: Did you guys prefer when pyke could solo lane or do you prefer the way he is now?
I also prefer solo lane pyke to delete your team and get incredible amounts of gold pyke.
Terozu (NA)
: What I named has happened twice on a widespread basis due to bugs this year. There's also currently a bug that can cause bad connection to game servers if you haven't turned off your PC for a long while. It's very common. And guess what? Your connection to the client isn't affected by these bugs. Only your connection to the match client is.
Oh shit. I was wondering why the heck I have lag if my computer was on for a while. Can’t believe that that’s really a thing. I’ve lost quite a few games just because of that.
ZaFishbone (EUNE)
: Making counterplay rely solely on "natural reflexes have to be THIS good" is a pretty poor choice of design. I personally also can't flash the ult on reflex alone, and I'm sure that there are many pppl who are the same, considering that even pros state that they dodge abilities more on prediction than reflex
There’s a reason why malphite was part of Bronzodia, it’s because people who don’t know how to play around him just lose to him. A big part of his recent success is actually people not knowing how to deal with him. Not to say he is balanced or anything, but that is the situation.
: spear of shojin solo makes jax actually stupid to face in many teamfight scenarios
> [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=cEt7uTsP,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-16T15:22:16.620+0000) > > (which he would undoubtedly MURDER in lane anyways if someone did). Common misconception. He’s actually weakest in tank metas and fares badly against them.
: Notice how all these people have absolutely no clue what they're talking about No tryndamere's E doesn't reset 1 second per crit, it resets 1 second per non-champion crit, and 2 seconds per champion crit. Also his ult isn't 4 seconds it's 5 seconds. And if you're having struggles vs trynd build grievous wounds. He won't be able to dive you without himself dying in the dive.
And if you punish him every time he tries to stack fury on creeps he will have to blow his fury to sustain. Laning against tryndamere is all about taking the initiative. If you give trynd the initiative he gets substantially stronger, but if you seize the initiative he is effectively crippled until he gets a gank or somehow seizes back the initiative (by building fury without losing too much hp).
: > [{quoted}](name=overpoweredscrub,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ZuqxHhii,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-09T06:33:01.679+0000) > > He is definitely very strong and a lot stronger than most people say. Many people will just say the typical "just hard cc him" but that's the answer to any champ. Although, i did go up against a really good riven once as trynd and normally a trynd still stomp riven if riven is mediocre, but this riven was a god and would constantly poke me to death with her mobility and stuns. If I try to fight she can just go in and go out very easily and kite me. She has no mana so she can go toe to toe with trynd's no mana costs as well and the undying ult isnt as powerful against riven who can stun you, knock you up, dash and get a shield, and kite you with all her dashes. Definitely a very hard match when you fight a good riven as trynd. to be honest, just CC him or just kite him really are the strategy against him until about the 20 minute mark where he'll have 40% cdr and lv5 spin, and even then it'll work just fine, unless he's very fed. it should not be so hard for people to figure out that until lvl 9 he won't be going anywhere if he used his E at all, he's still a champ that relies completely on auto attacks. he can definitly be strong though, but i guess that counts for most champs in the game. just sucks that people be calling my boy tryndamere unhealthy/toxic/broken/op in the same vein as the actual meta broken/op/overloaded champs, instead of using their brains to deal with the problem. trynd is such a preventable problem. if you can't micro him then macro him it's the thing he depends on most. teamwork > tryndamere + team riven is one of those champs that would always beat tryndamere if riven is really good
People never respect tryndamere damage and ult and then go onto forums and whine when he takes advantage of their disrespect.
: Hes being overshadowed, thats why. Hes main exclusive like Riven.
So he takes high skill to play?
: Then she would buy cheap as shit Void and ignore it, (EDIT) in the sense she would be able to do more DPS with Void to offset the reduction from Helm.
Adaptive helm has both MRc which can be penetrated, and its passive which gives 20% reduced damage, which cannot be penetrated. And since she cannot penetrate the mr completely, combined, it’s a very significant amount of damage reduction. Not to mention if you force her to rush void staff you’ve delayed her getting more useful/important items. And while not huge, the bonus health regen is the icing on the cake for this item.
: Yeah that would be true if MR items didn't blow cock. Even Adaptive Helm completed would still wind up with you getting shredded by her.
That’s bs and you know it lol.
: > [{quoted}](name=Azir ate my ASS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7odXPPoU,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-09T12:06:58.927+0000) > > bruisers have more than enough base damage to 100-0 a mage that early into the game. That's why Cass is so scared of pushing into them in the first place. Wave management and MR are how you beat her but i guess u could just stay bitter Ok how am I supposed to reach her
Flash ghost. Phase rush. E into cripple if you’re playing darius.
: Right, a measling thing like MR is totally gonna make a difference (hint, it doesn't unless you have like 200+). Wave Management would help, yes, but the issue is she can poke from afar and you pretty much need to kill combo her in a second to fix it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Azir ate my ASS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=7odXPPoU,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-09-09T11:56:39.692+0000) > > {{champion:122}} {{item:3111}} {{item:3211}} now she does 0 damage to you GG Ah yes and at the same time my damage starts healing the enemy team, the enemy adc melts me in 4 hits, I have 0 cdr and no extra mana/attackspeed/movespeed etc I get from trinity components. I dont mind starting defensive items but starting spectres cowl on a bruiser is an insta ff
I mean I’ve seen Darius with 0 damage items built do just fine. Fifth item black cleaver and you’re golden. There’s a challenger garen who just basically builds all tank, and occasionally tosses in a black cleaver. He just outright rushes abyssal mask, sunfire, or usually deadmans. He would probably go for an adaptive helm rush vs casseiopeia since it’s such a one item wonder vs her. Really do try adaptive helm. It’s _the_ go to anti DoT and anti magic damage spam item. Definitely the best anti magic defensive item in the game.
: But they can spam. Irelia CAN SPAM. Jinx CAN SPAM W (Not Q). Lucian CAN SPAM Relentless Pursuit, as long as he's making auto attacks (cooldown). And yes. Irelia's is FAR more impactul for 5 leaps than for 1 100 Mana cast! Hers 100% Secures KILLS, and after about 8 minutes of the game, she never runs out of mana at all. Morg's W can erode minions, but 2-3 will always be at risk of collateral damage, especially if someone like Yasuo, Irelia, Lucian are pressuring the lane. Her early damage is garbage. Her 53% is because she becomes a secondary support, not because she is carrying. Her lane phase is terrible mid. And, I'm simply referring to the option to trade 9 AP for some mana regen. Atm, if we get one of the above in lane, you have no choice but to use skills too often. You can't get close enough to actually auto attack.
And that mana regen wouldn’t be MORE toxic on the champions that have “lower mana costs” that you mentioned? Hey, morg’s Q also singlehandedly 100% secures kills when it hits. Often, irelia, on the other hand, would only be able to use 3 Q’s on one target. She gets her E and her R. More often than not, those 5 Q’s are being used to last hit so that her passive even becomes a thing. Because, you know, she needs to use an ability on an enemy unit 5 times to get her passive up. That is why her Q mana cost is low, because it basically is tied to her passive. Riot purposefully got rid of flat mana regen a long while back, and intentionally limited mana regen to support items. I’m not saying any of this because I wouldn’t like mana regen runes. I really would love to have them for my lane Hecarim, Nocturne, Kha’zix, and Kayn, all of which are fairly heavily mana gated and have NO real access to mana items. My point is Riot removed them for a reason.
Rioter Comments
: I'm not an adc main but I do play MF, Jinx consistently enough. Irelia's not my wheelhouse. Lucian just doesn't have my aesthetics. But I do know their mana costs, and Irelia Q was reduced to a measly 20 mana. Relentless Pursuit is only 40-10. Lucian Mana Regen: 8.2 – 20.1 Irelia Mana Regen: 8 – 21.6 Morgana Mana Regen: 11 – 17.8 (higher min, lower max) Jinx MANA REGEN. 6.7 – 23.7 Except ofc.... every Morgana skill is 50/100/80 mana by level 5. Jinx can potentially consume mana, but only if she leaves fishbones on. W costs 50-90 mana. If you look through mages, almost every single one has a lower base Mana regen than anyone else in the game, under the assumption that flat mana is better. But, when your opponent has a 100% wave clear mechanism, or a way to 100% pressure your lane (Yasuo/Irelia), Mana regen is FAR more important. There's a reason I main Morgana Jungle. It has mana regen, and doesn't autolose CS in lane, because some AD has much harder and faster waveclear than she does, with her whopping 420 auto attack range.
So what you mean to tell me that they _cannot_ spam their spells, but they _can_ manage their mana? By all rights, I agree that adcs should have more mana limitations, but saying that they can spam however they want and not run out of mana is simply not true. Their mana costs: Lucian: 50-90, 70, 40-0, 100. He’ll go through his mana bar pretty easily. Irelia: 20, 70-90, 50, 100. Consider that for her passive she has to use Q for lane sustain as well as for her passive (which requires 5 uses). 20x5=100. It having a 20 mana cost is because it doesn’t have the same impact as a 100 mana spell on a single cast. Mf: 43-55, 30, 80, 100. With a base mana of 325, she’ll also empty her mana fairly easily if she actually uses her skills. Jinx: 20/aa, 50-90, 70, 100. Base mana? 245. Morgana: base mana 340, gaining 60 per level. You shouldn’t be spamming Q or E on her. Her W is intended to clear waves quickly but mana mages and carries do not spam their spells to push waves. Neither do energy champions because being caught without energy is suicide. Not to mention she has an excellent time stacking manaflow band. She’s furthermore sitting at a 53% winrate in midlane. I don’t know what more to say or what more you want.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=0003000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T00:05:16.636+0000) > > I’m in the medical field and when I was in undergrad I was a biochemist. I literally use the latter term regularly yet I understand context. I can speak that in my field but that does not mean I can go out and call someone or something that in public. While I have my reservations regarding this being used as a slur, I cannot do anything if that is the commonly accepted and _used_ pejorative. > > Slurs by origin are often not words with bad meanings originally but accrue said meaning over years of misuse. The Spanish word for “black” is now considered a terrible slur. The term for delayed or suspended progress is like so also used as a slur. The word “dumb” is and used to be even more of a slur, whereas its original meaning was mute/speechless, and prior to even that used to mean confusion or stupefaction. > > And you cannot tell me that calling people dogs isn’t the most basic of all slurs. This is well known and furthermore, calling someone a dog is pretty much universally an insult. > > If he had called his teammates dogs perhaps nothing would have happened, but he furthermore specified their race, and that automatically falls under racism. The rules are clear, slurs or phrases that would in general be accepted as slurs have _zero_ tolerance. It doesn’t even matter if he didn’t know it was a slur and if his fanboys defend him with the official terminology. As it stands, what he said and used was unquestionably racist, while also containing phrases that Riot definitely recognized as slurs. He didn’t even get a warning because his “first offense” literally went for the discriminatory home run. So is me calling someone an idiot a slur? He called them Turkish and if you dont know the Turkish region is a wasteland, several Turkish players transfer and int games with the famed 20% winrate. Everyone who knows about the server knows this. R%%%%%ed and calling someone dogs is not zero tolerance according to Riot, so while a punishment could be argued, 14 days doesn't seem fair.
> [{quoted}](name=G Master Hung,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-04T00:47:03.910+0000) > > So is me calling someone an idiot a slur? He called them Turkish and if you dont know the Turkish region is a wasteland, several Turkish players transfer and int games with the famed 20% winrate. Everyone who knows about the server knows this. R%%%%%ed and calling someone dogs is not zero tolerance according to Riot, so while a punishment could be argued, 14 days doesn't seem fair. I have played on said server. For one, I wouldn’t agree that it is a “wasteland,” for another, “everyone [knowing] that [it] is a wasteland,” does _not_ justify using slurs, whether your claim be factual or not. I do not see how combining the letters “k,” “y,” and “s” jumps straight to a 14 day ban (actually, I do, but meh). What he said isn’t far better than the instant-14day-words. And the said r word is automatically censored on this forum. Why would you at _all_ think that Riot does _not_ have zero tolerance for those?
Jakra (EUW)
: Why did you even bother writing a reply to this discussion if you're not even going to show any decency to the guy putting it together? Yes, he deserved the ban, **nobody** is questioning this, but that's not the issue. Blade was banned through the automated system for two weeks - which seems overly harsh, given the account had no bans or chat restrictions - whilst the players that sabotaged his games weren't given anything. Also you're reaching on the dogs comment, it's not a racist slur to call someone a dog and he's not calling them dogs because they're Turkish. He's angry at how they acted like dogs, instead of playing the game, like they're supposed to. By gosh, I'm so glad someone like you isn't working for the support team on Riot..
> [{quoted}](name=Jakra,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-09-04T00:54:57.348+0000) > > Why did you even bother writing a reply to this discussion if you're not even going to show any decency to the guy putting it together? Yes, he deserved the ban, **nobody** is questioning this, but that's not the issue. > > Blade was banned through the automated system for two weeks - which seems overly harsh, given the account had no bans or chat restrictions - whilst the players that sabotaged his games weren't given anything. > > Also you're reaching on the dogs comment, it's not a racist slur to call someone a dog and he's not calling them dogs because they're Turkish. He's angry at how they acted like dogs, instead of playing the game, like they're supposed to. > > By gosh, I'm so glad someone like you isn't working for the support team on Riot.. It’s literally the stance that Riot has officially taken. All slurs are immediately escalated to 14 week and then permanent bans for the next violation. It is and has always been this way except during the defunct tribunal period where the tribunal was so swamped with reports that they had to switch to the current system. The automated system did its job.
: TF Blade and the Problem with Riot
This just in, the problem with Riot is they give 14 day bans instead of permabans outright to people who use slurs and are publicly racist.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=00030003000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T22:39:37.532+0000) > > As of this video when he called turkish players dogs? And he uses a slur, the r-word, and considers it to be okay?\ dog /dôɡ/ Learn to pronounce noun plural noun: dogs a person regarded as unpleasant, contemptible, or wicked (used as a term of abuse). Not a slur e·tard verb /riˈtärd/ delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment. Also not a slur. Calling them dumb but in a more assertive way People have been left untouched for way worse than this.
> [{quoted}](name=G Master Hung,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=000300030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T23:38:46.207+0000) > > dog > /dôɡ/ > Learn to pronounce > noun > plural noun: dogs > a person regarded as unpleasant, contemptible, or wicked (used as a term of abuse). > Not a slur > > e·tard > verb > /riˈtärd/ > delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment. > Also not a slur. Calling them dumb but in a more assertive way > > People have been left untouched for way worse than this. I’m in the medical field and when I was in undergrad I was a biochemist. I literally use the latter term regularly yet I understand context. I can speak that in my field but that does not mean I can go out and call someone or something that in public. While I have my reservations regarding this being used as a slur, I cannot do anything if that is the commonly accepted and _used_ pejorative. Slurs by origin are often not words with bad meanings originally but accrue said meaning over years of misuse. The Spanish word for “black” is now considered a terrible slur. The term for delayed or suspended progress is like so also used as a slur. The word “dumb” is and used to be even more of a slur, whereas its original meaning was mute/speechless, and prior to even that used to mean confusion or stupefaction. And you cannot tell me that calling people dogs isn’t the most basic of all slurs. This is well known and furthermore, calling someone a dog is pretty much universally an insult. If he had called his teammates dogs perhaps nothing would have happened, but he furthermore specified their race, and that automatically falls under racism. The rules are clear, slurs or phrases that would in general be accepted as slurs have _zero_ tolerance. It doesn’t even matter if he didn’t know it was a slur and if his fanboys defend him with the official terminology. As it stands, what he said and used was unquestionably racist, while also containing phrases that Riot definitely recognized as slurs. He didn’t even get a warning because his “first offense” literally went for the discriminatory home run.
Pyrosan (NA)
: Still hands down the best login screen they've done
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H1xHayXetLU You’re all wrong
: > [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=000300030000,timestamp=2019-09-03T18:23:47.394+0000) > > Racism, sexism, and other severe toxicity get increased punishments, and it has been this way for multiple seasons. Given that he was overtly racist towards other races/cultures, that is why he was given an escalated punishment. When was blade EVER proven racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.
> [{quoted}](name=G Master Hung,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xAwEGhVa,comment-id=0003000300000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T18:53:30.724+0000) > > When was blade EVER proven racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. As of this video when he called turkish players dogs? And he uses a slur, the r-word, and considers it to be okay?
: TF Blade and the Problem with Riot
Not even going to bother reading through the post. Watched through the video, he said that “haha, turkish players, dogs would fit more.” That’s racism. Before that he used the r-word which I guess is nowadays a slur. He deserved the ban. Hands down. Slurs and racism are 0 tolerance. It doesn’t matter if you are his fan, that he didn’t outright skip to a permaban is merciful, even if his teammates were inting. People running it down is _not_ a valid excuse to start using slurs and racist remarks in your games. Hope Riot considers upping it to a permaban.
: I was being hyperbolic but given the factthat the new 9nes do last forever, I probs shoulda worded it better. Sorry for the confusion Also, I'm pretty sure they were 100gs
They were not. You can look through patch history if you so wish. I already had doubled checked when saying they were 125g.
Divin1ty (EUW)
: I want Pen Runes back then.
I want a lot of my stat runes back. MS Quints, energy regen (as troll as people made it out to be), and a few others.
: There was a very similar mastery in the old tree. It's nothing new. Also, it only does so after you've charged it, which in some matchups doesn't happen until you have a 50-60 CS deficit. On the other hand, Riot purely nerfed Mana regen across the board on MAGES by about 40% regen rate since Season 8's start (Never touched adc's/junglers which both put Mages to shame on mana regen rates). In other words, they specifically singled out those who were considered "Mana reliant." Meanwhile, Miss fortune will never run out of mana, Jinx will be able to spam W twice as often, Irelia can clear 10 waves without burning half her mana, Lucian can outfarm and out pressure mid.
You clearly do not play MF, Jinx, Irelia, or Lucian.
: tl:dr he can 1shot adcs. but nothing else
tl:dr he has a cooldown on his one shot and doesn’t have built in free 1v5 mechanics like Vayne.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=govMEdoG,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T07:00:50.782+0000) > > Yeah. However we have seen that groudon has the power to mess with the Earth’s fault lines as well as summon volcanoes on the spot. And there is no indication that water touching groudon outside of the pokemon games should hurt him. In fact, if his body is as hot as one might assume, even if he fell into the ocean he would not get wet simply because that level of heat would form a thin superheated gas barrier around him. > > When you think on it, serious volcano eruptions can cause nuclear winters. And the heat of the earth comes from nuclear reactions occurring in the first place. So in theory, when you go into scientific thought and whatnot, Groudon could be the most powerful of the three. Not to mention magma is full of toxic heavy metals. So in practice groudon would be controlling nuclear waste+nuclear reactions, seriously toxic metals, and the plate tectonics of the Earth+the climate. > > So even though superficially it seems that rayquaza and kyogre have him beat, in reality he would be the most terrifying of the three. He can dry out kyogre or entrap it via created land. If not, he could open sea vents that unleash all sorts of toxins and try to poison kyogre. Would he be unaffected? Yes, in theory, he would be unaffected because he is fine in magma, which is usually fairly toxic anyway. And water in reality counters burning fire, not _heat_. Groudon is essentially a thermonuclesr pokemon. Kyogee would need more powers than just controlling the ocean to deal with him. > > As for rayquaza, rayquaza could in theory just escape the Earth. However if rayquaza stays in the atmosphere, groudon could essentially smoke him out as well as launching huge eruptions at him from the ground (if you look into pompei and even bigger volcanoes like yellowstone, you will find that they can pierce significantly high into the atmosphere). With complete control over Earth, it wouldn’t be beyond believe to think groudon could create a Earthly equivalent of a solar flare. An Earth flare if you will. > > It gets even wonkier when you consider that controlling the magma in the Earth means he also controls the magnetic poles of the Earth. With control over high heat metals (which are essentially huges masses of easily moveable electrons), groudon would also in theory have the most power over lightning on Earth. While Rayquaza and Kyogre would also be able to generate lightning due to water current and air currents respectively, it would not be anywhere near comparable to a being that controls magma itself. Volcanic eruptions that spew magma regularly draw lightning strikes. > > Which is all pretty crazy. I never thought it through until now and now that I think of it, I almost wonder why _groudon_ isn’t the head of the legendary trinity (I know, I know, it’s because rayquaza is the _coolest_). Fair points but we also known in the lore that Kyogre and Groundon fought mostly to see who would shape the surface of the world and considering most of the world is covered in water it seems like types help plus Kyogre can fly it doesn't need to be in water.As for Rayquaza he literally has the power to control the other two so Mind over Matter and if enough people pray to him it can Mega Evolve to literally become stronger than God. Mewtwo can also Mega Evolve to become stronger than god because "SCIENCE BITCH!". Not to mention Kyogre controls all water so we might see some blood bending bull s#!t going on and Rayquaza is basically Dragon Jesus who can just tell the other two what to do so that's a thing. I think the stats show it well as while Groundon might be Physically better than the other two he loses in the Special categories so again it's kind of mind over matter. Also damn how hell did this spiral into a Pokemon discussion on the LOL boards.
> [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=govMEdoG,comment-id=0002000100000001,timestamp=2019-08-19T02:07:25.157+0000) > > Fair points but we also known in the lore that Kyogre and Groundon fought mostly to see who would shape the surface of the world and considering most of the world is covered in water it seems like types help plus Kyogre can fly it doesn't need to be in water.As for Rayquaza he literally has the power to control the other two so Mind over Matter and if enough people pray to him it can Mega Evolve to literally become stronger than God. Mewtwo can also Mega Evolve to become stronger than god because "SCIENCE BITCH!". Not to mention Kyogre controls all water so we might see some blood bending bull s#!t going on and Rayquaza is basically Dragon Jesus who can just tell the other two what to do so that's a thing. I think the stats show it well as while Groundon might be Physically better than the other two he loses in the Special categories so again it's kind of mind over matter. Also damn how hell did this spiral into a Pokemon discussion on the LOL boards. Pokemon is love, pokemon is life. Do note that Groudon and Kyogre can go primal and also surpass God. And in said scenario Groudon is all but immune to Kyogre. It is also worth noting that Rayquaza learns no moves that are super effective against Kyogre or Groudon without using a combination of TMs and a suboptimal special attacker set. It’s also worth noting that while stat points are important, they are not an absolute display of power and are arguably not even canon, else you wouldn’t have stuff like start pokemon and others beating legendary pokemon (seriously there’s something wrong with a sceptile being able to one shot a kyogre or a groudon, and a stray ice beam deleting rayquaza, a pokemon that lives in near absolute zero temperature reaches of space and the atmosphere, is questionable).
: From now on, I'm gonna link this thread whenever anyone complains about Vayne not having any/enough counterplay.
> [{quoted}](name=KFCeytron,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=YQRtppgp,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-26T02:00:11.518+0000) > > From now on, I'm gonna link this thread whenever anyone complains about Vayne not having any/enough counterplay. “Just get uber fed and one shot her with the itemization she was planning to build and one shot you with” 5head
: i like how he runs away from the other 2, cause clearly he has no chance vs anything thats not the bitch class of riot. also known as adcs.
> [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=YQRtppgp,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-08-26T09:05:57.463+0000) > > i like how he runs away from the other 2, cause clearly he has no chance vs anything thats not the bitch class of riot. also known as adcs. 1) he was using the “bitch class”’s items. 2) his damage takes a while of not attacking to recharge, and there are potentially 2 more enemies on the way. Not to mention that build is a burst centric one instead of one that might have lifesteal or combat sustain.
: lmfao oh... my... damage lol. And yet they say adcs are sooo powerful. dies in 1 hit lol
Which is funny because Thresh used an ADC build to accomplish that.
: Master Yi ghost vs flash, crit vs on hit.
Flash on hit. Crit yi sucks, especially since crit itemization gives less attack speed than ever and because his E no longer gives % bonus AD. Flash is always better, especially on champion’s that already have movement speed steroids built in. Flash allows him to extend the range of his Q by a ton and allows him to jump walls. There would definitely be more debate if ghost too allowed people to cross walls, but it doesn’t, so flash is hands down better.
: Riot saw that some bruisers were buying the previous Essence Reaver _(the one that had Shojin's passive originally)_. They were buying an item that gave a bunch of irrelevant stats and was thus largely inefficient on them for just that passive. I can't fathom why anyone would look at that scenario and then think "you know, maybe we should give that item actual bruiser stats so it'll be even better on them".
> [{quoted}](name=Reaversal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=95cBn4Ua,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-18T18:00:34.630+0000) > > Riot saw that some bruisers were buying the previous Essence Reaver _(the one that had Shojin's passive originally)_. They were buying an item that gave a bunch of irrelevant stats and was thus largely inefficient on them for just that passive. > > I can't fathom why anyone would look at that scenario and then think "you know, maybe we should give that item actual bruiser stats so it'll be even better on them". How about we consider the opposite perspective, in the case of champions like {{champion:58}}, where it helped them actually not be useless? The issue is the abuse by jax and riven and a few others. But the new shojin is actually by far worse of an item than the old essence, even if it has hp and looks superficially like it gives better stats. In reality, the old essence reaver was more gold efficient and gave more of the stats a bruiser wanted. In the case of jax and yi, it gave the unseen bonus of giving them infinite mana sustain. In the case of riven, it gave her more damage for cheaper.
: imagine if it would gave you -3 lp too
It would. -10 if you already dodged before as well.
: All of these kept the core elements of the champion in tact in terms of gameplay. Poppy still E's u into walls to whack you with Qs. Yorick still sends ghouls to eat your face off. Still heals from minions, still summons a revenant with ulti and still splitpushes. Evelynn still sneaks around the map permastealthed b4 jumping someone. Taric still heals himself and nearby allies with Q. Still provides ambient armor to teammates with W and still Stuns with E. The only one who was significantly changed was Sion, and even then it was more like them adding so much stuff to his bare bones kit that he came out looking quite different as opposed to them making him a different champion. Aatox tho? He is unrecognizable from his old self outside his ultimate kinda fusing his passive with his old R. His gameplay plan isnt the same at all anymore he isnt a DPS duelist that keeps going and going and going. He is just a big standard generic bruiser now. And I say this as someone who never even liked pre rework Aatrox gameplaywise. Litterally negative bias.
Poppy was a hyper carry. Now she is a tank. Taric was the god of 1v1’s and had incredible bruiser potential. Now he’s the adc’s bitch. Yorick had different types of ghouls and was a ghoul master. Now he splitpushes. And only splitpushes. That’s it. And no ‘different types of ghouls.’ Eve sort of stayed on point, that I somewhat agree with. If you disclude her hybrid, AD, and tanky bruisers builds. But who cares about those, right? Sion was a melee hypercarry, be it AP or AD. Now he’s a tank. The concept of old aatrox appealed to me but the execution sucked because he essentially had two useless skills (Q and E). But while I like the new aatrox, I don’t feel at all that he’s really *aatrox.*
mzicio (EUW)
: Squad5 is working on his gameplay. He's the one who made Ivern, Ornn and Sylas. Fiddlesticks will most definitely not have a boring ass 3-hit passive considering who's making him.
I’m going to pretend ornn’s w isn’t pretty much a 3 hit passive with extra steps.
: Pink wards lasted for ever, u could put as many as you wanted, and they went invisible like regular wards did tho...and they werent that much more expensive either... It was very much a win more scenario
They did not last forever. You’re overlapping all of the forms of the pink ward. For the longest time they were invisible and lasted as long as a regular ward. Later they turned it into the control ward of today. Up until preseason 4 they were stealthed, had 3 hp, and lasted 180 seconds. And they were _not_ cheap, costing 125 gold each.
: I get that, but it shows the average completion times of the items. 16min for trinity is well within reason and I don't believe the winrate of Youmuu's would be offset by so much if it was bought a minute or two later than average Copying challenger setups doesn't inherently mean they'll be good in lower elos where favourable fights are easier to find
To an extent, I agree, there are differences between challenger and low elo, but at the same time the intention and function behind the items he buys still stands. He itemizes some damage and lots of tankiness. His builds abuse garen’s innate tankiness and high damage, then get more damage to supplement later on. Anyway, needless to say, the _combination_ of triforce and youmuu’s, while very high damage, lacks tankiness and slows the rest of his build. While you’re likely right in that we will see more triforce on him, it won’t be, as you say, a huge buff to that build path. The difference won’t be significant. The real differences are observable when he builds _even more attack speed and on hit_ beyond that. Otherwise he just sort of breaks even. The real issue is by the time he has triforce and youmuu’s, the enemy dpses and mage will be having major power spikes in their _exponential_ damage scaling, so unless you surprise them, your lack of tankiness will lead to you dying too fast to apply said triforce and youmuu’s damage. And while people are on the lethal tempo train, he will still be getting grasp into tough lanes, especially because his spin now procs it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pierce The Veal,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=govMEdoG,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2019-08-18T07:00:50.782+0000) > > Yeah. However we have seen that groudon has the power to mess with the Earth’s fault lines as well as summon volcanoes on the spot. And there is no indication that water touching groudon outside of the pokemon games should hurt him. In fact, if his body is as hot as one might assume, even if he fell into the ocean he would not get wet simply because that level of heat would form a thin superheated gas barrier around him. > > When you think on it, serious volcano eruptions can cause nuclear winters. And the heat of the earth comes from nuclear reactions occurring in the first place. So in theory, when you go into scientific thought and whatnot, Groudon could be the most powerful of the three. Not to mention magma is full of toxic heavy metals. So in practice groudon would be controlling nuclear waste+nuclear reactions, seriously toxic metals, and the plate tectonics of the Earth+the climate. > > So even though superficially it seems that rayquaza and kyogre have him beat, in reality he would be the most terrifying of the three. He can dry out kyogre or entrap it via created land. If not, he could open sea vents that unleash all sorts of toxins and try to poison kyogre. Would he be unaffected? Yes, in theory, he would be unaffected because he is fine in magma, which is usually fairly toxic anyway. And water in reality counters burning fire, not _heat_. Groudon is essentially a thermonuclesr pokemon. Kyogee would need more powers than just controlling the ocean to deal with him. > > As for rayquaza, rayquaza could in theory just escape the Earth. However if rayquaza stays in the atmosphere, groudon could essentially smoke him out as well as launching huge eruptions at him from the ground (if you look into pompei and even bigger volcanoes like yellowstone, you will find that they can pierce significantly high into the atmosphere). With complete control over Earth, it wouldn’t be beyond believe to think groudon could create a Earthly equivalent of a solar flare. An Earth flare if you will. > > It gets even wonkier when you consider that controlling the magma in the Earth means he also controls the magnetic poles of the Earth. With control over high heat metals (which are essentially huges masses of easily moveable electrons), groudon would also in theory have the most power over lightning on Earth. While Rayquaza and Kyogre would also be able to generate lightning due to water current and air currents respectively, it would not be anywhere near comparable to a being that controls magma itself. Volcanic eruptions that spew magma regularly draw lightning strikes. > > Which is all pretty crazy. I never thought it through until now and now that I think of it, I almost wonder why _groudon_ isn’t the head of the legendary trinity (I know, I know, it’s because rayquaza is the _coolest_). You have good points about him beating Kyogre, but Rayquaza has control over the air. *Complete* control. You can't suffocate Rayquaza with volcanic winter, because he just bitch-slaps the ash.
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=govMEdoG,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-18T07:42:41.136+0000) > > You have good points about him beating Kyogre, but Rayquaza has control over the air. *Complete* control. > > You can't suffocate Rayquaza with volcanic winter, because he just bitch-slaps the ash. What of using super heated metals (aka lava) to call down unholy lightning as well as sending out huge flares into the sky? And often, both, combined. Control over heat _is_ control over air. Unless rayquaza has the special ability to block air from heating, in theory, groudon could cause air currents too. The thing is if groudon lives in lava, it further shows he does not need oxygen to survive, meaning rayquaza has that much less influence over him. Furthermore, by being able to change the magnetic field of the Earth, groudon would be able to mess with the whole atmosphere indirectly, meaning Rayquaza would have a lot to deal with. I think Rayquaza could definitely escape, but I don’t think it could defeat groudon.
: 6 items supports. That's hilarious. I remember 3-4 items, none fully completed, and 2 stacks of wards. That's the way the pros did it, and it's damn well what solo queue expected of supports at the time too.
Haha that is true. Usually supports were trailing several items behind and they kept getting picked off first because of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Stripy Bag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=govMEdoG,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-17T19:10:06.162+0000) > > Damn Laughing Fish some of your memes lately have been pretty aggressive (Like it btw) but what the hell happened? I mean is LOL doing this to even the memey people now? Also stupid Groundon always trying to pick fights with Kyogre since Kyogre easily wins the type match up. Same with the rayquaza matchup, realistically groudon would get assfucked every time the 3 started fighting.
> [{quoted}](name=DangerousOreo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=govMEdoG,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2019-08-17T22:05:00.322+0000) > > Same with the rayquaza matchup, realistically groudon would get assfucked every time the 3 started fighting. Yeah. However we have seen that groudon has the power to mess with the Earth’s fault lines as well as summon volcanoes on the spot. And there is no indication that water touching groudon outside of the pokemon games should hurt him. In fact, if his body is as hot as one might assume, even if he fell into the ocean he would not get wet simply because that level of heat would form a thin superheated gas barrier around him. When you think on it, serious volcano eruptions can cause nuclear winters. And the heat of the earth comes from nuclear reactions occurring in the first place. So in theory, when you go into scientific thought and whatnot, Groudon could be the most powerful of the three. Not to mention magma is full of toxic heavy metals. So in practice groudon would be controlling nuclear waste+nuclear reactions, seriously toxic metals, and the plate tectonics of the Earth+the climate. So even though superficially it seems that rayquaza and kyogre have him beat, in reality he would be the most terrifying of the three. He can dry out kyogre or entrap it via created land. If not, he could open sea vents that unleash all sorts of toxins and try to poison kyogre. Would he be unaffected? Yes, in theory, he would be unaffected because he is fine in magma, which is usually fairly toxic anyway. And water in reality counters burning fire, not _heat_. Groudon is essentially a thermonuclesr pokemon. Kyogee would need more powers than just controlling the ocean to deal with him. As for rayquaza, rayquaza could in theory just escape the Earth. However if rayquaza stays in the atmosphere, groudon could essentially smoke him out as well as launching huge eruptions at him from the ground (if you look into pompei and even bigger volcanoes like yellowstone, you will find that they can pierce significantly high into the atmosphere). With complete control over Earth, it wouldn’t be beyond believe to think groudon could create a Earthly equivalent of a solar flare. An Earth flare if you will. It gets even wonkier when you consider that controlling the magma in the Earth means he also controls the magnetic poles of the Earth. With control over high heat metals (which are essentially huges masses of easily moveable electrons), groudon would also in theory have the most power over lightning on Earth. While Rayquaza and Kyogre would also be able to generate lightning due to water current and air currents respectively, it would not be anywhere near comparable to a being that controls magma itself. Volcanic eruptions that spew magma regularly draw lightning strikes. Which is all pretty crazy. I never thought it through until now and now that I think of it, I almost wonder why _groudon_ isn’t the head of the legendary trinity (I know, I know, it’s because rayquaza is the _coolest_).
Show more

Pierce The Veal

Level 161 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion