: One of my main gripes with Invasion (having not played Onslaught yet, but a fan of the concept) is that this is the **first** co-op mode we've ever had in League. The very first. Why on earth would the very first co-op game mode restrict you to a handful of champions? If this is an idea that Riot wants to explore (and I hope it is!) then they shouldn't be releasing it with only a handful of champions available. Everyone should be able to play their favorite champions for this kind of situation so that Riot can get a genuine idea of what the player interest in a co-op mode is. However, for example, this mode requires a balanced team. But only one tank in the game has a Star Guardian skin. So someone on your team HAS to play Poppy, or you all lose. I don't so much mind that someone on the team has to play a support, because you have your choice of Janna/Lulu/Soraka. But if we had more durable front line champions available (like Urgot, Riot!) then it would likely appeal to more players than just "play Poppy or get slaughtered".
> [{quoted}](name=The Yetii Rider,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=W1cAxExN,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2017-09-08T15:09:25.297+0000) > > One of my main gripes with Invasion (having not played Onslaught yet, but a fan of the concept) is that this is the **first** co-op mode we've ever had in League. The very first. Why on earth would the very first co-op game mode restrict you to a handful of champions? If this is an idea that Riot wants to explore (and I hope it is!) then they shouldn't be releasing it with only a handful of champions available. Everyone should be able to play their favorite champions for this kind of situation so that Riot can get a genuine idea of what the player interest in a co-op mode is. > > However, for example, this mode requires a balanced team. But only one tank in the game has a Star Guardian skin. So someone on your team HAS to play Poppy, or you all lose. I don't so much mind that someone on the team has to play a support, because you have your choice of Janna/Lulu/Soraka. But if we had more durable front line champions available (like Urgot, Riot!) then it would likely appeal to more players than just "play Poppy or get slaughtered". This isn't even close to the first co-op There have been three different iterations of Doom Bots, and one was used multiple times
: Did anyone receive all 4 Honor Icons for being in the top 10% of every category in your region?
I got all four But not for being top 10% My highest was... 300? I just had all four ribbons. They used to be stupid easy to get. Had yellow for.. two matches, blue for a day, red for a couple weeks and green for ages way back when the system came out.
: A quick PSA for those freaking out over the new Rune system because they dumped a ton of IP on them
Awww, man.... they're refunding us? I already have 80k ip and nothing to spend it on, now I gotta find something to do with MORE? Pffffffft On a serious note, about time they fixed this power imbalance between fresh 30s and long-time players.
: HELP! So I just started playing a couple weeks ago.... HELP! (xD)
First, you should get to 30 - tier 3 runes help more than you think, especially with your CS problem. Just play your main account and keep buying them up. Second, Aram is a very good way to become familiar with more champs, and to improve at teamfighting. Just knowing what they do makes it easier to fight them. Although your cs will generally be bad in ARAM, it's essentially one extended teamfight, help you bit with that cracking under pressure. Third, Smart-cast on an unlocked screen - personally I just set my smart-casts to QWERDF rather than the default for smart cast, although this may hurt your play to begin with, it is invaluable once you're used to it. Space centers on your champion by default. Otherwise, if you can, play with people better than you and learn from how they play, be as map-aware as you possibly can, and always ward things, regardless of role. Practice makes Perfect (Or, at the very least, better)
Averia (NA)
: Can we have a serious moment of discussion about Maokai?
To be perfectly honest, maokai's %max hp was already a horrible idea on his w, you could assasinate a carry pretty easily built full tank. To put %max hp dmg on an AoE ability for a TANK and then DOUBLE IT from inside brush, meaning maokai can (singlehandedly) deal nearly 80% of a player's max hp in dmg with a SINGLE SPELL. If he builds RoA then full tank , that jumps to 100%, one player's worth of hp can be wiped with a single spell. It's not overly likely to happen unless the enemies like 5 man face-checks, but it really makes you wonder how on earth anyone could ever possibly have thought it was a good idea. Even assassins can't do that much damage with a single spell, and they build for it... This should never have made it past brainstorming, take one second to think about 8% (plus scaling) max health x2 AoE damage, and all it takes is one third grader in math class to realize those numbers are horribly unbalanced. I've always liked maokai, and the only thing I can say about this rework is WHY?!?!
Dr Poro (EUW)
: You're implying that Ranked actually does give rewards? Wow a diamond border and a skin, now my life has changed. No, it doesn't matter. Winning a good game is just fun and that's what I'm playing for. What isn't fun is when you see Sona in half your games in a mode that is 'all random'.
And that won't change AT ALL if they open the full champion pool to everyone playing ARAM When you have every champion in the game and regularly get the same champion 3/5 games, or alternate the same two for 6 games in a row, or whatever other non-random selection anomalies and then factor in the other 9 players all doing the same thing, and then factor in the dodgers, yeah you're still gonna see the same op champs in most of your games. This is because the game mode is random. If you don't like absurdly unfair match-ups, don't play ARAM. Shit happens. The only thing opening up the full champ pool to all ARAM players will change is how often people dodge. Granted, anyone who dodges in ARAM shouldn't be playing it at all, whether due to huge time restrictions or clearly not wanting to play a random mode in the first place, but you wouldn't get what you want out of this, you'd only get longer wait times as more people dodge champs they've never played and don't want to play because all they're interested in is dat ziggs q spam instead of having fun and taking the opportunity to learn the mechanics on champions in roles they don't play now but might have to at some point in the future. These people would continue dodging until you ended up facing a team very similar to what you're complaining about now after 15 minutes in queue. Granted, the queue dodging penalties are a nice idea, but those should be implemented regardless (and probably won't have that much impact, given that Riot would probably put timers on any of those that they implemented as well, not really fixing the problem. We are talking about Riot here). Kind of defeats the entire purpose of a random queue if you're allowed to dodge it.
Dr Poro (EUW)
: You will make a team of Rengar, Aatrox, Udyr, Evelynn and Nunu work vs a team of Sona, Galio, Ziggs, Nautilus and Varus? Not everything works in ARAM. If you are playing a Udyr in the latter team instead of nautilus it would definitely still work. 1 Bad champ isn't that terrible, they can still fill the damage soak role and let the rest carry them. But if there is no poke, no engage and more importantly no wave clear champ in the team, then you will get stomped by siege and poke. Sure, if the enemy varus goes traditional ADC and the ziggs, sona and galio all buy 0 mana items, you can win. But that is just hoping that your opponents are terrible. In a game where everyone is a good player, you cannot just make everything work. It's like saying "I can make soraka jungle work" while you're bronze 4. It works if the opponents are worse or if they have equally bad champions. The most fun ARAM games imo is when over half of the champion pool exists of bad champions. However, this rarely happens because people usually dodge since they expect the enemy team to have at least 3 waveclear/poke champs and then this doesn't work. And because you talk about bad players, I took the freedom to compare our ARAM MMR https://euw.whatismymmr.com/dr%20poro https://na.whatismymmr.com/Pinker%2010 I suppose you have more experience with bad players while I'm the one complaining about the advantage of ARAM only accounts.
Of course everything works in ARAM I rather feel like you're missing the point of a game mode that is designed to be fun (with the added bonus of practice with champions outside a player's typical pool). There is a reason it's not ranked. But you're too busy being an elitist snob and complaining about people with even less of a life than you, that literally leveled up a second account and put hundreds of hours into it simply so they can win in an unranked game-mode with no rewards either way. Seriously. If that's the only way they can get joy out of their life, simply imagine how god-awfully shit their lives must be and let them have their "fun". That, or just keep thinking that "mmr" matters in a game with random literally IN the name - the rest of us will keep having our fun.
Dr Poro (EUW)
: Riot doesn't endorse smurfing but they do give a reason to create ARAM accounts
Riot doesn't give a reason for ARAM accounts Bad players do I have every champion in the game with over 100k ip to spare on m main account, which happens to play almost exclusively aram because as a solo player, fuck dynamic queue I will play anything in aram and make it work, that's the whole point - If you need an account with the minimum allowable champ pool to play ARAM, you are bad, and that knowledge alone is punishment enough. Let the bads be bad - it's all they know how to do.
: Can we stop using 'cc him/her' as an acceptable counter to champs?
Because it's literally a counter to every champ in the game, but far more so to non tanks with no merc treads and no stacked tenacity...
: Here's an idea, maybe maining a champ/role means you know more about that topic then less?
: if they GOT to diamond on 140 ping, you should have no issue playing in bronze/silver with 100 is what I'm saying.
> if they GOT to diamond on 140 ping, you should have no issue playing in bronze/silver with 100 is what I'm saying. They most likely GOT to diamond without their ping ever being multiplied by 2-3x and staying that way. Even just a jump of 2X with Riot's claimed "improvements" is so unresponsive if i wasn't already only playing arams i would probably have to switch. Oh sure. The east coasters have good ping now. Good for them. I honestly don't care since i don't play ranked anymore anyway. Too many teammates doing stupid shit i can only shake my head at in wonder. Regardless, anyone who is used to less than 40 ping now playing on 100+ and having a delay they never had before have valid complaints. That's exactly the same functionally as a ping spike from 100 to 200-300+. Only this particular lag spike is sustained, permanent and intentional. That is far more of a disadvantage than having a sustained high ping to begin with and learning to play with it.
: > [{quoted}](name=EpsilonAction,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=B1wK9bFc,comment-id=0000000200000002,timestamp=2015-08-26T23:53:22.241+0000) > > Honestly, two servers is probably the most optimal player solution, but I'm not so sure on how that works for Rito, although I imagine that if EU has two, that NA could pull it off. Probably because EU is such a diverse region in terms of cultures and languages that it just made sense, NA is one country and I doubt riot likes the idea of splitting up their NA central office
>NA is one country Well shit Someone failed geography... and social studies..... Possibly even english, what with the massive difference between **countries** and **continents**
: The tutorials are useless, the players new players are queued with can be quite rude "omg stop feeding!" and there's not a whole lot that Riot has done. I still can't believe how tryhard level 5 players can be... everyone sucks when they're new, and bots can only teach so much.
Bots can teach you a lot... Ever 1v5 bots?
: Build tips for Lux?
Chalice-Deathcap-Grail/Sorc-Void-Moar CDR - Games don't usually last this long. Early deathcap increases wave clear to near perfect with e, not to mention the harass improvements. Lux should, ideally, have max CDR, but aside from the grail second, you don't particularly need to rush it, you should have blue buff in the intervening time before morello's. To be entirely honest : Lux's early game is NOT that important - Just keep up in farm, roam if necessary, and don't die. It's incredibly rare for a 1k+ damage aoe ult to be outscaled :) > [{quoted}](name=ZergReap,realm=NA,application-id=WEuoGbmp,discussion-id=XA5fVxcb,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-06-25T03:23:38.333+0000) >I like to go max CDR with the highest AP stack I can get. This is, essentially, the best answer you're going to get on how to build Lux - While morello's does have better early mana regen, i'm a bit of a stick in the mud, and like my established build path. However, as long as you follow the basic high CDR build with an early damage item, It's really a matter of preference as far as order goes, as she scales like a beast because of full AoE.
: With champion #126 teased and at least 3 known updates in the works, we need more than 6 bans.
It's not going to happen. It would be a good thing for the average player, and it's clear from the upvotes it's a popular idea. But it will not happen. We all know why it will not happen, even if you choose to ignore it and keep asking for this anyway. This will not happen because of pro play. It just won't. It's not a matter of having 6 for pro play and 10 for normals/non-lcs play, hell, riot can't even program their client to display different champion lore than their website - it's taken them months to figure out how, and they estimate at least another one to implement it. From their perspective, and the massive amounts of money they make from the LCS, in addition to their spaghetti code in it's current form causing large difficulties at the slightest change, such as caitlyn/jayce not doing any damage, or all the things azir broke, it's simply not worth it. They would either break queues for days, or people would abuse glitches and get 3 bans/team anyway through packet spoofing, or they break LCS by allowing an entire player's roster to be target banned. You can ask all you want, and we can want it all day long, but it isn't going to be done.
: Does Caitlyn not get the CD reset on Ace in the Hole when the channel is interrupted?
If the target dies before the cast finishes she gets a shortened cd. If she is interrupted in any other way, she does not.
: POOL PARTY ARAM RUNZ!!!
: I thought Cleanse didn't work on Malzahar Ult, but i could be wrong
It doesn't affect suppressions, no - QSS removes the suppression, but not the tether/damage - but everything else he said is mostly correct.
Ratbert (NA)
: {{champion:268}} {{champion:34}} (quick fingers for aniv though){{champion:31}} (at least for now){{champion:131}} {{champion:9}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:161}} That's all of them that are possible.
> [{quoted}](name=Ratbert,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knGeQqHO,comment-id=00020003,timestamp=2015-05-28T23:08:58.470+0000) > > It is avoidable. > Any **knockup or knockback** prevents her dash from hitting. > [{quoted}](name=Ratbert,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knGeQqHO,comment-id=0002000300000000,timestamp=2015-05-29T00:18:21.127+0000) > > {{champion:268}} {{champion:34}} (quick fingers for aniv though){{champion:31}} (at least for now)**{{champion:131}}** {{champion:9}} {{champion:79}} {{champion:61}} {{champion:161}} > That's all of them that are possible. **knockup or knockback**{{champion:9}} {{champion:9}} **knockup or knockback** the fuck are you smoking?
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=knGeQqHO,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2015-05-29T01:45:37.586+0000) > > Yup, Le Blanc's got some problems. We're doing some work on her at the moment as a result, looking at reducing some mixture of her E's width, her W's travel speed and W's AOE size (unlikely to be all of those at once though). Our goal's to make it easier to react to her casts, whether that's dodging W or E, CCing her as she comes in with W, using defensive abilities on yourself/allies as she W's in or whatever. people already cc as she uses w...so..I don't understand. First peole whined and she got her silence removed, then damage off her q. It's the same with riven high skill cap champions that people put a lot of work into for a high risk high reward playstyles are punished.
Her combo takes less then a second from engage to back at start position and she has a stealth passive. There is no definition of the term high risk that makes it an acceptable term to use for leblanc. The only way leblanc gets CC'd using w is if she's bad and makes it obvious, or if she's already killed their teammate and returned to start.
shalec (NA)
: Fun fact: Fizz Q and Ekko E both apply Luden's and Lich Bane.
In two separate damage instances each - an auto attack and a spell cast, with one procing on-hit and one procing spell effects - Again, because nothing procs both.
: That doesn't make any sense. Why would it proc Luden's, if it didn't proc Lich Bane?
.... I don't know how you people do it.. It's really not that hard... Luden's is a _spell effect_ Lich bane is an _on hit effect_ NOTHING procs both. It's not that hard to figure out either, go see how many pantheon ults that proc ludens don't proc lich bane, or how many AAs that proc lich don't proc ludens.... As far as the wording on his passive on the wiki goes, _pseudo_ is a very important part of that description and the only reason it's treated as a spell is because both AAs and spells can trigger it, thus it can't be a spell effect, or an on-hit, which meant it had to be combined into a spell, which makes it proc ludens.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pinker 10,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=y1owt962,comment-id=00030000000000000000,timestamp=2015-05-24T19:34:41.854+0000) > > Yes. > Yes it does. > Right here. > "Applies on-hit effects" > Spell effects and on-hit effects are mutually exclusive. > Takes 5 seconds to check before you come whine on the forums. You don't know that with the basic knowledge given to you by the game. You find this out through outside sources. It is extremely deceiving especially since Oh-Hit kind of implies on it hitting something in general. Spell effects are clear until you add in that factor. Trust me I understand what you are saying, but it is very deceiving terminology.
You actually do know this with the basic knowledge given to you by the game. It doesn't need to be explained more clearly than it is, people are just too lazy to stop and think about it, which is why this ezreal thread keeps popping up. Auto-attacks apply on hit effects, lifesteal works, spellblades work, spellvamp/luden's/spell effects don't. Spells that apply on-hit effects benefit from lifesteal and spellblades, but not spellvamp/luden's/spell effects. Spells that DON'T apply on hit effects benefit from spellvamp/luden's/spell effects, but not lifesteal/spellblades. The basic information you have on how to build your character also implicitly states WHY, but most people are too lazy to put the connection together then complain "but muh spell doesn't apply x"
: It does not say that it won't proc spell effects so I fail to see why thus SPELL that I have to CAST is not allowed to proc SPELL effects
> It does not say that it won't proc spell effects Yes. Yes it does. Right here. "Applies on-hit effects" Spell effects and on-hit effects are mutually exclusive. Takes 5 seconds to check before you come whine on the forums.
: An auto attack that scales off ap? One that doesn't say it is a basic attack like yasuos Q?
It does say it's an auto attack, actually. It's right there in the description. What exactly did you think "applies on-hit effects" meant?
: Why isn't Ezreals Q a spell?
Because it's an auto attack with dual-scaling that applies on-hit efffects and lowers its own cooldown by 1 second on hit. It's too busy doing more useful things for him to be a spell.
: Yeah, blitz grab is like a suppression, though to be honest, it's more of a long term stun, since (it may have been changed, have not seen this recently) I've seen QQS undo blitz grab midway in some pro games, followed by some other dash skill or flash. I think with Yas however, it's more timing. The stun duration is often shorter than the knock up duration, especially since knock up is consistent but stuns are affected by tenacity. I think this happens when champs are un-stunned JUST before the enemy lands. Riot might need to look at the timing to check for overlaps, I've seen it quite a few times myself, but it's always so close that I assume that I was wrong and that the stun on yas ended before I or my adc touched the ground. It could also be a bug that because he activated it while you were in the air, even if you are on the ground when his stun is over, it still triggers, again, maybe riot needs to have a look at the exact timing to see if they overlap anywhere
> Yeah, blitz grab is a long range stun, That is exactly what it is. That's why when Ezreal E's out of the displacement portion, he's stunned for 0.25 seconds.
: the hourglass was integral to the movie's plot it just looked weird and is called the "sandglass" for some reason
Integral? It showed up for like ten minutes. On the other hand, there was VERY heavy focus on the dagger throughout the movie, until he stabbed the hourglass with it during the aforementioned ten minutes (which happened to be heavily concentrated at the end, when he was stabbing it)
: I was just about to post this same thing. Heck, they even made that one into a movie!
They did, but the movie is more accurately represented by Malzahar's Shadow Prince skin due to the dagger instead of an hourglass (the movie didn't really mention the hourglass, which was weird), while Ekko with his hourglass more accurately represents the game itself.
SIayton (NA)
: Dear Riot, WE HAVE ENOUGH SAND / SHURIMA SKINS, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ELSE NOW
Malzahar's Sand skin and the new Ekko skin are both based off PoP - Not shurima.
: All 5 of the SSW Skins are for Male Champions - Is this 1850? A Feminist Speaks Out
Uhhhhhhhhh K. God forbid there's inequality in an imaginary world. Oh Noes. As to the bit about skins - anyone on BBB is gonna laugh that you're complaining about that. It's a business decision, and the same one hooters/similar establishments have been using for decades.
: ranked teams question
Ranked 5's have a very different ranking system than SoloQ The Rank system is harder to progress through in 5's than SoloQ That's about as specific as i can get There's a rank comparison somewhere that compares approximate 5's vs Solo ranks.. Not sure where though
Garurumon (EUW)
: I'm just gonna buy the final two rune pages and shitty runes that I'll never use. Then the fun begins! COLLECTING DA MULA!
It used to be a lot harder to build IP up but with these 6 month champion waits, you'll be up here in no time. Grats on the full roster/pages buddy I'm curious now, is there a limit to IP? I know some people have 100k+ ....
Rioter Comments
YGY818 (NA)
: How do you get an S grade?
It's your performance versus the average performance of that champion since release of the system. This has been covered before.
: A Letter to the people that have a good game in normals and think they're god
Not sure what i expected from GD But ya'll suck at interpretive reading. First line sets the tone of the post. Second amplifies it. Here. I'll help you out. This is how the first line is read. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n9lJfz8tI8
: > [{quoted}](name=Pinker 10,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=csQ3Vr81,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-05-09T15:33:57.421+0000) > > Hi > > > How's it hangin buddy? > You know this is a game.. right? You know you're playing unranked, right? > Good. Now that we've got that out of the way, I'd just like to apologize to each and every one of you from the bottom of, I hope, the community's collective hearts. > I'm sorry. > I'm sorry you're not good at anything in real life. I am. I can't imagine how much that must suck for you that you take such pride in your accomplishments in normal matches in a video game. I sincerely hope you find something you're good at soon, because a life without meaning like that has gotta be killer. > May I make some suggestions? > Go outside and throw a football, try skateboarding, maybe ride a bike or go for a swim. If you're not good at any of those, maybe school is your path. If that doesn't work out, you could always just pump yourself full of steroids and lift things up for money. > But do yourself a favor man, do it soon. > > Love, > Everyone (maybe) Someone sounds salty.... i have some advice. Its just a game get over it.
> [{quoted}](name=Jorencice,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=csQ3Vr81,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-05-09T15:54:18.222+0000) > > Someone sounds salty.... i have some advice. Its just a game get over it. I'm not salty. Why would I be salty? Salt is fuckin gross. I'll be hot sauce though. Shit's awesome. I'm laughing at people that take this seriously. I actually don't mind trolls. They make the game far more entertaining. Not their trolling, which is just nonsensical - how is staring at a death timer all game fun - the effect it has. Everyone gets all pissy over a game they're really not that good at anyway down here in gold and some of the things they say are pure entertainment. The people that take pride in their achievements - in gold - are the opposite end of the spectrum, and just as amusing.
: damn op u must have gotten rekt
> [{quoted}](name=Sandalpho,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=csQ3Vr81,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2015-05-09T15:42:16.330+0000) > > damn op u must have gotten rekt Naw, I won my lane. Mid got rekt then got mad at everyone else while his laner spammed /laugh. Regardless, they both took the game way too seriously, this topic goes both ways. My mid laner was PISSED XD
Tritan (NA)
: i agree with the first half but then the second half is just you bragging about your real life making yourself feel good.
> [{quoted}](name=Resonating Fart,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=csQ3Vr81,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-05-09T15:37:06.074+0000) > > i agree with the first half > > but then the second half is just you bragging about your real life making yourself feel good. pffffft, my real life sucks, 13$ an hour at BP's I just don't take games seriously regardless
Rioter Comments
Amici (NA)
: Why is the meta this way?
Because the current meta is **_better_**. I'm not saying I prefer it It's just **_better_** It exists because Riot liked it and decided to balance around it and it and make it _**better**_. It beats out every other strategy with consistency.
: ADC's becoming useless
Kay. When this stops being an objective based game, ADC's could in theory become irrelevant. Until then, have fun trying to take a tower in the time it takes an ADC to splitpush 2...
epicchef (NA)
: Wins 10 games loses promos
"about 70% of people lose their promos" Working as intended Just ask Riot That's what they say when you do
Marthian (NA)
: Miss fortune is actually really good right now. I have an excellent win rate with her. Edit: I wouldn't mind if her passive got some love though. Namely minions killing the bonus at level 18 is kind of ridiculous.
She's not though Sure, her damage is decent(ish) but she's really only GOOD in a couple match-ups, and a lot of her teamfight ability is based on her allies. She _feels_ ok, but she's so .... backwards that she can't be optimized without a rework. Every spell scales with a damage type that it doesn't deal - except q and e - which scale with different things. In a tank meta, that's pretty much the opposite of really good. She can't use pen. For anything. Except her autos and q. Well, unless she builds void, and then her autos don't have pen - but on the bright side, everything else that uses AD will.... If autos are all you want, there's better champions. If AoE is what you want, there's better champions. Mf isn't good right now, just like my favorite isn't good right now. You just have enough experience playing a sub-par champ you don't notice the deficit as much. Dat ez doe
: It's funny. Cause **you** think you're **right**. > everything needs fair representation My post says black champ.
Yes it does, completely ignoring every other minority. You can scream for equality in representation all you want, it's laughable and Riot will continue to ignore you so long as all you care about in your posts are more black champions. You could care less about tentacle monsters or birds or amorphous blobs. You're bitching about inequality and treating everything that's not black like it doesn't deserve it but black people somehow do. The hypocrisy in this post is why it will never be taken seriously.
Toastey (NA)
: ok lemme break this down for you buddy aoe will drop off, especially if you're lux. locket is an extremely powerful buy, as is banshee's and other stuff like that. i'm not sure how good you think you are at lux, but im pretty sure youre not getting 5man lasers on cooldown. also, you don't seem to understand that lux's Q is 11s and her E 10s, so if you have max CDR for 30s laser, you'll be giving up some dmg items and your Q and E will be on 6.6s and her e is on 6s. i don't see how you get four, sir. your math is wrong. if you think that 6-slot lux should be outdamaging 6-slot adc, i don't know what to do with you. a 6-slot adc will be critting for 1k+ almost every auto, and they'll be attacking fast as hell (something like twice a second). on the other hand, your full damage rotation from all your abilities combined is just 1154 (+2.25 AP). if your lux build looks something like this: {{item:3020}} {{item:3089}} {{item:3165}} {{item:3174}} {{item:3135}} {{item:3285}} {{item:2139}} And you have AP masteries and runes, you should have 720.72 AP. That means your full damage rotation is 1154 (+1621.62) + 25 on-hit dmg from Elixir = 2775.62 magic damage + 25 true damage. With just the default 30 MR, an enemy will mitigate 33% of your damage (except the true damage), meaning they actually take 2137.23 mgc dmg + 25 true dmg. ADC's usually get somewhere around 2k hp, so with a Bloodthirster shield, you shouldn't be able to one-shot them. If they have banshee's AND we're assuming that it's down (so they don't block any spells), they mitigate 46%, taking only 1498.89 mgc dmg + 25 true dmg. Nowhere near enough to kill them. Here are the numbers listed out neatly: Base + scaling: 1154 (+2.25 AP) Total AP: 720.27 Total unmitigated damge: 2775.62 mgc + 25 true Apply default MR: 2137.23 mg + 25 true Apply Banshee's: 1498.89 mg + 25 true (no spells blocked) Let's factor in the magic penetration from runes, masteries, and items. If you're running flat Mpen reds, you should have 7.8. Sorc shoes gives 15 flat penetration, Void staff gives 35%, and the penetration mastery gives 6%. This means you'll have 22.8 flat MPen and 38.9% MPen (multiplicative stacking, not additive). Against the default 30 MR, you'll still be doing 95.8% of your base. This gives you 2659.04 mgc + 25 true. Let's line up the numbers again. Apply default MR + apply MPen: 2659.04 mgc + 25 true Apply Banshee's + apply MPen: 2011.32 mgc + 25 true Again, if the ADC has BT shield and/or if they block a spell with Banshee's, your one-shot potential is screwed. Now think about the group MR that {{item:3190}} grants, plus the AoE shield. Think about {{item:3401}} . Think about supports peeling, healing, and shielding. Your damage will fall off. You can't one-shot the ADC, and you can barely deal half HP to the tanks. You're immobile, and your cooldowns are relatively long at 6.6s, 6s, 6s, and 30s with max CDR. Might seem short, but other people have skills that are ACTUALLY on 3- or 4-second cooldowns, and don't forget that ADC's will be autoattacking almost twice a second, maybe even faster. If your ADC isn't outdamaging you, THEY'RE doing it wrong. tldr learn to do math
> if you think that 6-slot lux should be outdamaging 6-slot adc, i don't know what to do with you. A 6 slot lux has 1200 range A 6 slot adc does not If lux isn't doing more she's a bad lux not abusing her range. > And you have AP masteries and runes, you should have 720.72 AP. That means your full damage rotation is 1154 (+1621.62) + 25 on-hit dmg from Elixir = 2775.62 magic damage + 25 true damage. With just the default 30 MR, an enemy will mitigate 33% of your damage (except the true damage), meaning they actually take 2137.23 mgc dmg + 25 true dmg. ADC's usually get somewhere around 2k hp, so with a Bloodthirster shield, you shouldn't be able to one-shot them. If they have banshee's AND we're assuming that it's down (so they don't block any spells), they mitigate 46%, taking only 1498.89 mgc dmg + 25 true dmg. Nowhere near enough to kill them. > Here are the numbers listed out neatly: > Base + scaling: 1154 (+2.25 AP) > Total AP: 720.27 > Total unmitigated damge: 2775.62 mgc + 25 true > Apply default MR: 2137.23 mg + 25 true > Apply Banshee's: 1498.89 mg + 25 true (no spells blocked) > > Let's factor in the magic penetration from runes, masteries, and items. If you're running flat Mpen reds, you should have 7.8. Sorc shoes gives 15 flat penetration, Void staff gives 35%, and the penetration mastery gives 6%. This means you'll have 22.8 flat MPen and 38.9% MPen (multiplicative stacking, not additive). Against the default 30 MR, you'll still be doing 95.8% of your base. This gives you 2659.04 mgc + 25 true. Let's line up the numbers again. > > Apply default MR + apply MPen: 2659.04 mgc + 25 true > Apply Banshee's + apply MPen: 2011.32 mgc + 25 true > > Your damage will fall off. You can't one-shot the ADC, and you can barely deal half HP to the tanks. And you're still hitting multiple targets at once. You're still winning fights, and you're still a VERY good carry. Your damage fall off is barely noticeable unless the enemy team has a dedicated healer simply because you use it so often. You're essentially complaining that lux is a better support than carry because she can't one shot the 2200 hp adc she just snared and dealt 3/4 hp damage to in addition to damaging their teammates. Gap closer anyone? She just won the fight without even needing to shield, in addition to hurting the enemy adc's survivability by forcing them to target their 1 defensive item to her. I don't know where you got your role definitions, but that is what most people call a carry. > You're immobile, and your cooldowns are relatively long at 6.6s, 6s, 6s, And you can kite things so hard that they're either slowed, snared, or attacking a shield at all times. From 1200 range, which is larger than almost every gap closer in the game. If lux gets caught, she dun fucked up. > and 30s with max CDR. Might seem short, but other people have skills that are ACTUALLY on 3- or 4-second cooldowns, and don't forget that ADC's will be autoattacking almost twice a second, Yes. Auto-attacking. Which means they need certain conditions, need the enemies to be in certain positions, or have the tank dead center. The entire time the face-off in mid is happening with each team threatening the other with presence and trying to get a good engage and the adc can't deal damage, you should be. If you're not out-damaging the adc you should not be playing high range poke champions. > your ADC is doing it wrong. Not going to dispute that point though, gold adc's are almost cringingly bad.
: I made the suggestion for more Black Champs. 21 down votes in 6 hours.
120+ champs One bird... thing Anivia underrepresentd Rito plz ^ if you're going to go on about how everything needs fair representation you damn well better include everything in this game that's underrepresented compared to white champions. Nut up or Shut up.
Toastey (NA)
: i've played very, very many games with lux, and her damage does fall off, thank you very much. lux has a pretty low ceiling and she hits it really fast, but normally you can win before you stop one-shotting carries with your ulti. however, it gets to a point where your full combo won't even do half the tanks' hp and it'll chunk the carries really badly, but won't one-shot them. sure, the ult is in theory 1k+ dmg, but magic resist mitigates a lot of dmg.
AoE does NOT drop off. You can theoretically do 5k damage every 30 seconds to their team with one spell, you have a perma shield for your entire team, and an additional 2 aoe damage spells, each with a 4ish second cooldown full build. If you're not outdamaging your adc as lux mid, you're doing it wrong.
iluvalar (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ie1QdgqO,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-04-14T05:48:21.404+0000) > > Yeah, the XP rewards for Chimes could potentially stand to be higher. We're planning on testing Chimes giving more XP based off game time this week, along with a couple of other small Bard buffs (an adjustment so Chimes don't spawn deep in the enemy jungle in the first 5 minutes and a slight increases to the speed/range of Q). We're keeping buff testing light on him for a little bit since we're still assessing the impact of the 5.7 changes. He's definitely in a significantly better spot, and probably still has some untapped performance, but's probably still on the weak side too. Hope you read this. Another very small potential improvements : make the chimes spawn on minutes instead of 50 seconds. Simply make an extra chimes once in a while to compensate. I found if I control where I am and take a step back when the chimes spawn, I make much less chimes spawn on the wrong side of the map by myself. The only problem is, I'd need to memorize exactly every multiple of 50 seconds to do it reliably, which seem to me like a very elitist thing to do. If they were spawning every minute, it would be much easier to use that trick.
multiples of 50s aren't hard though, it's -10
: Ezreal + Luden's Echo?
I seriously don't get this. Why do people keep making this thread? Is it seriously that difficult to differentiate between spells that **_apply on hit effects_** and spells that apply **_spell effects_**? They are mutually exclusive. Ezreal's q applies one, not the other.
Show more

Pinker 10

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion