Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Pippen The Short,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QjOP7tBZ,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-10-18T22:41:20.511+0000) > > It seems you need to define what you mean by "overrated" and "underrated" because this comment doesn't jive with the typical colloquial use of "overrated". What I mean is that it’s a popular major that most people tend to major in
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Mech Tech,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QjOP7tBZ,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-10-19T02:01:45.440+0000) > > What I mean is that it’s a popular major that most people tend to major in And yet, ME, ChemE, EE, AeroE are all some of the least popular programs in the US. Meanwhile, Political Science, History (of any kind), and English are among the most popular.
geeklove (NA)
: Unions aren't full of convicted murderers, prisons are. I work in construction, I'm in a union, I don't have a criminal record. Sucks how entitled rich people hate unions because unions are the reason we have breaks, weekends off and an 8 hour workday instead of 10+. Rich people are greedy and are constantly trying to steal from workers. [OP's list is rather biased, no skilled trades](http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/07/25/50-jobs-over-50000-without-a-degree-part-1/).
> [{quoted}](name=geeklove,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QjOP7tBZ,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-10-17T14:22:31.466+0000) > > Unions aren't full of convicted murderers, prisons are. I work in construction, I'm in a union, I don't have a criminal record. > > Sucks how entitled rich people hate unions because unions are the reason we have breaks, weekends off and an 8 hour workday instead of 10+. Rich people are greedy and are constantly trying to steal from workers. > > [OP's list is rather biased, no skilled trades](http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/07/25/50-jobs-over-50000-without-a-degree-part-1/). Unions in the United States are bad for a lot of reasons. The main one being that most Unions do not cover their costs efficiently enough to actually make up for the dollars their members put in. Unions are typically combative with the companies in their field, and the worse one is that Unions have effectively morphed into political machines in the US. I worked under a Union at UPS for a while and they were awful. They never actually helped workers address the complaints with work environment/effectiveness. They only cared about suing if someone got hurt or something of that nature.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QjOP7tBZ,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-17T05:30:00.144+0000) > > So how is it overrated, I'm confused, I feel attacked. Overrated isn't a bad thing. It just means a lot of people go for it because it's a good field. The only bad field to major in is in the humanities :D
> [{quoted}](name=Mr Mech Tech,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=QjOP7tBZ,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-10-17T05:31:07.999+0000) > > Overrated isn't a bad thing. It just means a lot of people go for it because it's a good field. The only bad field to major in is in the humanities :D It seems you need to define what you mean by "overrated" and "underrated" because this comment doesn't jive with the typical colloquial use of "overrated".
: Clash Coming back?
750+ views later and no comments, I take that as a no. lol
Rioter Comments
: > We could nerd out here about bracket formats and stuff but we’ve only got so much space in this post. Could you nerd out about bracket formats and stuff in another post? My curiosity has been piqued, I'd be really interested to see what you guys have to say.
: Clash is still Ass tho {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
huh? It's a mode where you can participate with your team/friends? How exactly is that 'ass'?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Lock On (NA)
: Remember when League was fun?
I feel like the game has become significantly more difficult to snowball in the last 4 or 5 patches, and the handful of games I've played with the new runes have all be difficult for either team to snowball. Games have become much more competitive it feels like.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pippen The Short,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LiA9xmXA,comment-id=,timestamp=2017-11-12T01:53:38.881+0000) > > Not a big fan of the color orange. but your icon is orange though xd
> [{quoted}](name=SomethingForLOL,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LiA9xmXA,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2017-11-13T18:36:53.774+0000) > > but your icon is orange though xd That's like a red-ish orange, it's the combination of orange and gold is what i really don't like. That and I really like the color purple and thought that the purple and gold was a good combination.
: I was hoping at to get all 3 ward skins for being H5, but too optimistic I guess. Really want the purple instead of the orange badly. Even blue is better than the orange. Orange color just looks awful with the gold whereas the purple and blue give nice contrast
> [{quoted}](name=ForFoxSakes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LiA9xmXA,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-11-12T05:31:01.984+0000) > > I was hoping at to get all 3 ward skins for being H5, but too optimistic I guess. Really want the purple instead of the orange badly. Even blue is better than the orange. Orange color just looks awful with the gold whereas the purple and blue give nice contrast it would ahve made the most sense to just let you accumulate the honor ward skins instead of assigning you one of them.
: Would trade you if I could. Got honor 5 a day late
> [{quoted}](name=The MechE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LiA9xmXA,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-11-12T02:38:13.990+0000) > > Would trade you if I could. Got honor 5 a day late Yes.
Rioter Comments
: Legitimate Discussion....
I myself will refrain from voting for about a week or so until I get some good hours on the new system.
Rioter Comments
: After Getting Educated and Reading the Facts...
Let's just point out that Riot claiming to have concerns about Immortals finances is not really a valid enough statement to justify their decision, at least in the perspective of integrity. Remember, they outright stole Renegades' and TDK's LCS spots on pure allegations only and presented zero evidence to the teams as to why they were losing their spot. Riot also failed to monetize the LCS for a better part of 5 years even though posting better viewing numbers than the MLB World Series or NBA Finals were averaging. Riot is more provably inept and are known for being petty in their decision making, just scan through Trynd's twitter to see that. I would not doubt that Immortals is in a high risk scenario right now given all of their different investments, but the belief that they're "foolish" or otherwise is unfounded. The most glaring thing that sticks out is the fact that Immortals is putting a serious and innovative effort into OWL, which after all is a major competitor with League right now. That is the only rational and consistent conclusion to be had about why they are being rejected. If finances were a major concern then why is TL in, someone who has had the most readily observable financial issues, been accepted?
YuGiHo (NA)
: With supports taking heal an adc's taking Barrier
It's not that the assassin update sucked, it's that it made them pretty powerful and they've spent all year whittling away at the update by buffing tanks and support itemization, while improving a few items for ADC's.
: What games are you playing?
Eve Online, Starcraft 2, Sid Meirs Civilization, a lot of PUBG lately, Siege6, and I'm hunting for a good fighting game to get into.
: Almost completely lost the love for the game this season.
Same, I've played like 5 games since July. Just not that big into the game anymore.
Rioter Comments
Dasdi96 (NA)
: Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck twitch.
: The more I play Urgot, the more I'm beginning to wonder...
It's a decent poke tool and has good damage. Without it, you're basically left with the only option is to all in for harass, which isn't a great method.
: We decided to set the return rate for the overall system rather than individual runes because that way it's easier for you to count out how much you'll be getting back. Just count all your regular T3 runes X 100BE and all your T3 quints X 300. We could've gone through and set lower rates for 200IP runes and higher rates for the most expensive ones but it all would have been just a sort of complicated way of getting at the same result.
"We decided to set the return rate for the overall system rather than individual runes because that way it's easier for you to count out how much you'll be getting back. " Translation: "We assumed you were too stupid and lazy to figure it out, so we made it ultra simple for you guys, plus we wanted to save dough on the side and hope you don't notice or care." Riot will be the death of the LoL long before the game gets boring.
: I'm happy to talk about what else we could do to make veterans feel better (I personally think we should do something unique for vets besides these rewards and the emotes—just not more BE) but in order for us to have that conversation we have to at least be agreed on the basic facts, right?
So, what you're admitting here is that Riot made a strictly business decision that took a very poor consideration of how players would feel their investment, in time and money, was honored.
: How can ADC survive from Assassin .
Realistically, there is very little chance an ADC survives a good assassin on their own. If you get caught out, make the best of it, but don't waste any summoners or anything, unless it gets close or you can flash over a wall or something. Generally speaking, you really need to rely on your support/tank members of your team to hide behind. Try and position yourself in such a way that the assassin has to go through them to get to you. Don't stand in front of your front line, don't stand in front of the turrets when under siege, don't face check bushes, etc etc. Positioning is a big deal when it comes to surviving for adc's. But, for itemization, there are a few things you can do to help. {{item:3026}} - Lets you survive the burst giving you a fighting chance afterwards. {{item:3046}} - the passive on Phantom Dancer is a huge damage reduction and helps alot with surviving extended trades. {{item:3072}} - this is high damage, high life steal is great for situations where you need to trade and duel a lot. For Runes, focus on Attack Speed, Lifesteal, damage and crit chance. A lot of people put armor and MR in their runes, this use makes no sense. It prioritizes an early game defense, when ADC's are mid/late game champions anyways. So it makes more sense to give their late game a slight edge. For Masteries, go 18/0/12, and in the Ferocity tree make sure you select Vampirism, and in the Resolve tree make sure you select Perseverance.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pippen The Short,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yUEtoGER,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-08-30T21:30:50.368+0000) > > Really what they should do is have a mini circular map with 6 or 8 very small alters. > > It's a free-for-all game. > > You start lvl 18, get enough gold to be full build but enforce a rule that disallows duplicate items or something. No gold, no minions, no towers, just kills is the only thing that counts. Would be a fun and interesting mode. so not league of legends ?
> [{quoted}](name=jwebb0113,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yUEtoGER,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2017-08-30T22:20:45.884+0000) > > so not league of legends ? Yeah, not quite like typical League of Legends. But neither is ARAM or URF, or Invasion, or Blood moon. So what's your point exactly?
Stag (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pippen The Short,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yUEtoGER,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-08-30T21:30:50.368+0000) > > Really what they should do is have a mini circular map with 6 or 8 very small alters. > > It's a free-for-all game. > > You start lvl 18, get enough gold to be full build but enforce a rule that disallows duplicate items or something. No gold, no minions, no towers, just kills is the only thing that counts. Would be a fun and interesting mode. We had Dominion permanently for a pretty long time which I really enjoyed but it got the point where I was just seeing bots so I guess not that many people were into Dominion and it was removed. I just wish we could up with an exciting team death match mode where people can pick the champion they want. I am really tired of this "give them a random champion" stuff that Riot keeps giving us.
> [{quoted}](name=Stag,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yUEtoGER,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-08-30T21:34:54.282+0000) > > We had Dominion permanently for a pretty long time which I really enjoyed but it got the point where I was just seeing bots so I guess not that many people were into Dominion and it was removed. I just wish we could up with an exciting team death match mode where people can pick the champion they want. I am really tired of this "give them a random champion" stuff that Riot keeps giving us. Dominion was my favorite mode until it got taken over by the bots. Super frustrating. It's also about the only rotating mode i play now.
Stag (NA)
: League of legends doesn't have a permanent team death match mode where you can pick your champion
Really what they should do is have a mini circular map with 6 or 8 very small alters. It's a free-for-all game. You start lvl 18, get enough gold to be full build but enforce a rule that disallows duplicate items or something. No gold, no minions, no towers, just kills is the only thing that counts. Would be a fun and interesting mode.
: Ornn Price
hhmm, I always thought it was until the next patch; so 2 weeks.
: You know why I don't add people in this game?
I got a group of friends if you want to play with us. Not everyone is all that bad. We're most Gold though.
: Is Destiny 2 worth it?
The intro mission to Destiny was fun too. The game overall was subpar and definitely not worth $100+ for all of the DLC's and what not.
: LOL GET YOUR S#@$% straight
How did you get a 5 minute ban if you missed the "Accept" button for queue? You just hop right back into a Queue. you have to miss a ban or champ selection or something to get penalized for dodging.
xelaker (NA)
: was gonna downvote for the baron comment, but I saw the turret stuff lol. I agree about turrets, but riot thinks weak turrets make shorter games and they refuse to change that mindset.
The only thing I wish they would do with turrets is give them all the same health, about 3000, and up the damage and attack speed as you get closer to nexus. Baron i think is fairly balanced for a few reasons: 1. Even though he lacks substantial defensive stats, his shear amount of health means ti takes time to take him, even at higher levels. a. I get that at max builds with 2 or 3 mountain or infernal drakes it's fairly easy to take. But at that point it makes it a strategic point in the game. I don't know how long you've been playing, but i remember back in the day when baron would take so long to take that the opposing team could literally back door you through an inhib turret, take both nexus turrets and almost finish off nexus by the time you finished baron and backed. It was a huge risk to take on. 2. The added bonus damage from drake's i think is fair because, well, you earned the drakes and winning the drakes should give you some kind of field advantage. So taking away the bonus damage would greatly lessen the importance of drakes and reduce the dimensions of the playing field. Single dimension MOBA's just aren't fun to play. 3. Baron's output damage i think is relatively low and i think that could be buffed. But it's fairly weak state makes it a competitive objective on the map for later play. So in cases of teams doing well about minding their map positioning for clearing waves, pushing lanes, etc, it just adds a layer of strategy to the game. Now, i would concede that I wish it would do a little more damage generally, and bonus damage whenever one person is trying to solo it, because I do feel like it's way easier to solo and it should be a team oriented objective. But other than that, I think it's in a fairly healthy state.
: I HATE going into flex q
If you're trying to take a break, play a different game or at least go to normals. Moving to Flex will not help you if you're having a rough night.
xelaker (NA)
: To hell with champ buffs and nerfs, can baron get a buff?
Baron doesn't really need a buff. He's fairly healthy all in all. Turrets need a buff. Those flimsy excuses for "objects" are so useless I seriously wonder why they're around.
Ridlerrr (EUW)
: Better Top Laner to Master for Higher ELO: Fiora or Rumble?
High Elo play is much more team play dependent than elsewhere, and because of that Rumble fits that bill better than Fiora. Fiora still has greater carry potential and overall is stronger, but against a well coordinated team she struggles.
: Hi there, I can sub for mid if you'd like - better mid than jungle. I have all champs, and can give you a smaller pool of champs I main, if you'd like. Let me know. Thanks!
> [{quoted}](name=Ashendis,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=qcUh81rE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-08-28T20:57:31.944+0000) > > Hi there, I can sub for mid if you'd like - better mid than jungle. > > I have all champs, and can give you a smaller pool of champs I main, if you'd like. Let me know. Thanks! That sounds good. Are you going to be free to play this week sometime around 10 pm EST? I'd like to just play a few games with you and some of the team just so you can get a comfortable with us. Just add me in game and i'll keep an eye out for you.
: Any tips for starting ranked?
The strongest carry position is ADC right now, but because of the tank/assassin meta right now they're also the most vulnerable. In every position you play, when it comes to teamfighting it is imperative the ADC stays alive. Throw yourself in harms way to protect the adc. If your ADC gets caught out and blown up, just play safe until they come back up. If you want to influence the game the most play jungle. Mid is the easiest to control the map and lend help with objectives. Top is the hardest to carry from, but it's also the place where you lose the most games. Bad top laners are a guaranteed throw loss. Support is the easiest to play in general, but understand you have to play to the level and aggressiveness of your ADC in lane, and teamfights you're still at the mercy of your teammates. So if you get seeded in bronze, you probably don't want to play this position as you'll need to carry the games yourself. If you feel a fit of rage coming along, just mute everyone on your team and stay out of the comms. It helps, seriously. If someone on your team starts to tilt, just mute them. You will not find players who possess good mechanics, good solo lane play, and good team mechanics until you hit gold. Most people will be subpar or just awful in at least one of these categories. Very rarely, and usually on smurfs will you find all 3 of these qualities of above average play. So what i'm saying is, there's always gonna be something to critique or bother you. So it's best you don't say anything at all. A bad player is better in a game than a tilted good play, so don't tilt them.
Rioter Comments
: FFS, you still think I'm on about creep block. Which just proves you're not reading to understand, you're only reading to find ammunition. I'm done replying to you, you've wasted enough of my time with your blind arrogance.
This is the problem with your post. The problem you propose is technically a pathing problem, yes. However the only solution to your problem is to create a mechanic that allows you to "push aside" minions, or just your own. Effectively getting rid of creep block. But, like you've said, creep block isn't a problem and is a mechanic that has many merits, such as a wave manipulation, but you want to get rid of that too. In simpler terms, you want to get rid of a good mechanic to solve a pathing problem that could otherwise be solved by people using their manual mechanic skills to path themselves properly. Same goes for flashes too. Competent player mechanics would solve all of your problems here. But no, you want to get rid of good mechanics that create strategy and gameplay just because you can't control your champion with any exactitude. Suffering seizures as a result of fail flashing a minion is punishment for being bad too.
: Again with reading the first sentence and then replying to only that. If you actually read the words I typed you'd see I just said **I don't want to remove creep block.** I never said creep block was the problem, I showed how it relates to the problem. The real problem is pathing. You're still presuming to know what I mean, and dismissing my argument based on that. You still don't understand, and you're being a dismissive asshole. STOP posting here, it's obvious you only came here to assert superiority over 'lesser beings' and this is not welcome. No respect due this time. Actually go f-off. --- I dunno who downvote all your stuff but it wasn't me. Please don't retaliate by shitting on my post. Just to prove it I downvote this comment to show there are more votes being cast. Also, you deserved the downvotes. Jerk.
He used his big boy words and tried to assert himself. Try harder next time, and I would say use more vulgarity, but apparently using words on the "naughty list" is not kosher according to Riot standards. You're still trying to create a solution to a non-existent problem. If creep block "isn't a problem" then there isn't possibly a solution to be had. Yeah, sometimes people fail flash over creeps because creeps are tangible things in the game. If that's an issue for you, then git gud.
: It looks like you read my title, assumed what I was going to say, and then responded without reading the content of the post. # By doing that you missed the entire point of my post. If you actually read my post you'll see that I analyze the mechanic, that I recognize its merits and how they benefit the game under certain circumstances, and that I specifically address the buggy and clunky portions of the interaction. I don't want to remove creep block as a mechanic. I just want it to be better so that pathing does not screw you in shitty situations.
Nonsense. I read the post. The problem is you're searching for solutions to situations when there isn't a legitimate problem. Creep block is not problem. End of discussion.
Kritty (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Pippen The Short,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=RfocEEp3,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-08-22T00:22:32.914+0000) > > Ok, well everyone has to deal with it besides Fizz and Kass so get the fuck over it. You forgot Janna!
Doodlzzz (NA)
: Idea to change the whole support meta
ummm..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
: For obvious reasons, that solution has limitations. Namely the necessity of flash on most champions and the fact that at least half of the roster cannot make use of the statline of phantom dancer.
Ok, well everyone has to deal with it besides Fizz and Kass so get the fuck over it. ((MOD EDIT)) - Deleted offensive content. Please refrain from posting it in the future. - Galacius Hey Galacius, you edited mine, but the word appears several other times from other people in the this same post, yet you don't edit it out there.
Show more

Pippen The Short

Level 153 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion