: But does Aphelios REALLY have one of the highest skill ceilings in the game?
You're treading on dangerous ground. The league boomers that make up most of this community,will often times just spam or downvote anyone speaking positively about the new champion. They don't care they are set in their ways and will not listen to any kind of reason or logic. Aphelios bad. anything saying otherwise is going against populer oppinen.
Sält (NA)
: Yet you always get downvoted in the threads and refuse to reply to any criticism you face. You're always mad for the sake of being mad. {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}}
> [{quoted}](name=Sält,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbqp3Fbx,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-26T18:38:34.573+0000) > > Yet you always get downvoted in the threads and refuse to reply to any criticism you face. You're always mad for the sake of being mad. > {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}} There's nothing to respond too. Your arguments are all bot like in nature. they come down to "its new so its bad remove it riot" Just because you refuse to learn something does not make it bad. Adapt or leave boomer. I've been in this garbage community for a decade almost threw different accounts. I have adapted to the changes. You people have not. My down-votes are from responding to ignorant league boomers such as yourselves and come from people such as you. Thus I have no civility with any of you. None of you have any respect for anyone and are set in your ways. so I do not respect any of you by default. I will not attempt to change your minds,there is no point in it. All I can do is resist you and your ignorance. Most of You refuse anything new,you refuse to learn then blame everything else but yourselves. I'll say again ADAPT TO THE GAME OR LEAVE.
njrk97 (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=PixelLightShow,realm=NA,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=1Xd7mZOU,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2019-11-25T19:16:52.241+0000) > > Your inability to learn new things Is why this game is no longer for the OLD generation of league players. You would rather sit and get angry that "its just to much and too diffrent" than to actually try and learn something new. > > The only ones saying this champ is bad are the OLD generation of league players (2010 to about 2012). Like boomers you refuse to adapt or learn anything new. This has been going on for a very long time,arguably since 2014,it's just been passive aggressive. > > This champion is the one that is going to drop the passive aggressive attitudes in this community,and divide the line right down the middle. > > You are either a new leauge player who likes these changes > Or you are an OLD league player who will refuse to adapt and attempt to remove this champion from any kind of play in any rank what so ever. ....I mean because heavens forbid im not kneecapped,shot,drawn and quartered by Riot all because i main a champion that they don't like/ not a champion from their latest season, people are more so frustrated because of the fact the power gap between New/Popular champions and Old/Neglected ones is getting wider and wider each time something like this is released. Its less about Old and New and more about older members who were sold on/got into league for being the slower and more strategic game it used to be getting frustrated and annoyed by the slow and methodical progression of League into this Flashy Deathball LCS/Netcafe Ready 30 Minute game Team Deathmatch and the fact it quite literally mean they cant enjoy the older champs they used to like because half of them are literally unable to fight these new champions. Plus there is the fact Riot has sorta been having alot of issues recently with arbitrary burdens of knowledge, its especially bad in Team Fight Tactics, but its also a issue in normal League aswell, a Champion should not require a novel to read, i should not have to memorize 8 different stance and weapon combinations just to understand how this champion will hit me in the clutter and mess of Leagues already busy teamfights.
> [{quoted}](name=njrk97,realm=OCE,application-id=Ag8jgd8Q,discussion-id=1Xd7mZOU,comment-id=001600000003,timestamp=2019-11-26T01:19:02.665+0000) > > ....I mean because heavens forbid im not kneecapped,shot,drawn and quartered by Riot all because i main a champion that they don't like/ not a champion from their latest season, people are more so frustrated because of the fact the power gap between New/Popular champions and Old/Neglected ones is getting wider and wider each time something like this is released. > > Its less about Old and New and more about older members who were sold on/got into league for being the slower and more strategic game it used to be getting frustrated and annoyed by the slow and methodical progression of League into this Flashy Deathball LCS/Netcafe Ready 30 Minute game Team Deathmatch and the fact it quite literally mean they cant enjoy the older champs they used to like because half of them are literally unable to fight these new champions. > > > Plus there is the fact Riot has sorta been having alot of issues recently with arbitrary burdens of knowledge, its especially bad in Team Fight Tactics, but its also a issue in normal League aswell, a Champion should not require a novel to read, i should not have to memorize 8 different stance and weapon combinations just to understand how this champion will hit me in the clutter and mess of Leagues already busy teamfights. it's 100% about vets vs new players. And you know it. Again Adapt or leave. This is not your game anymore do I need to be more clear boomer?
KABLUMP (NA)
: He y man I started in 2012 too! unless you count my three game attempt in 2010 at playing fiddlesticks and thinking the game was crap (Shhhh) I literally started because my friends showed me the reveal for jayce, paid cash for him and his FM skin, then began feeding my ass off until this point today. Now I think he's comparatively underloaded. Not too much but I mean he used to be above average across the board and really only great at spell spamming. Now he's just average at spell spamming and can only effectively function as a long range sniper.. effectively making him more along the lines of an older champion with probably one of the most complex early kits in the game. The only thing I'm against is the yorick style reworks which just delete an old champion entirely from the game.. that's boomery maybe but I'd prefer to be able to fuck around with outdated kits even if it's confined to custom games or whatever. Don't blame age, blame people who have power fantasies which shouldn't even be a thing. You should only get to realize your power fantasy if you have the skill to back it up imho. It's why I don't complain about Yasuo or Akali, and my riven complaints are mostly about the CC she provides being a bit too strong for AD moves given the lack of armor+tenacity items
> [{quoted}](name=KABLUMP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbqp3Fbx,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-11-25T20:26:13.962+0000) > > He y man I started in 2012 too! > > unless you count my three game attempt in 2010 at playing fiddlesticks and thinking the game was crap (Shhhh) > > > I literally started because my friends showed me the reveal for jayce, paid cash for him and his FM skin, then began feeding my ass off until this point today. Now I think he's comparatively underloaded. Not too much but I mean he used to be above average across the board and really only great at spell spamming. Now he's just average at spell spamming and can only effectively function as a long range sniper.. effectively making him more along the lines of an older champion with probably one of the most complex early kits in the game. > > The only thing I'm against is the yorick style reworks which just delete an old champion entirely from the game.. that's boomery maybe but I'd prefer to be able to fuck around with outdated kits even if it's confined to custom games or whatever. > > Don't blame age, blame people who have power fantasies which shouldn't even be a thing. You should only get to realize your power fantasy if you have the skill to back it up imho. It's why I don't complain about Yasuo or Akali, and my riven complaints are mostly about the CC she provides being a bit too strong for AD moves given the lack of armor+tenacity items Speaking in generational terms is the easiest way to discribe some of these conflicts right now. The game has been around a decade. Changes have been made and values are clashing. Very much like in the real world between boomers and millineals. It tends to be the older generation(ours) who are balls to the wall against this champion and simmiler massive changes. As such it is often the newer players who are accepting of it. Alot of older players just seem to not want to adapt to anything..just like boomers irl. Commen Arguments i've seen against the new champ from older players are "its to much to remember" "its to much to learn"" As though their willing choice to close their minds off and not learn anything new is the fault of the design... Resistance arguements to things like {{champion:235}} are often stupid things such as " bottom lane marksmen where never a thing so they should never be a thing. Thus senna is bad champion and picking her is a troll pick and you will be reported."
: > [{quoted}](name=PixelLightShow,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=16nX3OAE,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-11-25T19:51:48.633+0000) > > I also hate when people use i don't HATE YOU buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut arguments. Again please take the a passive aggressive tone away,this champion has done away with the mask of false civility the old generation and new generation have been keeping up for years. > > The lines are drawn. Either you adapt and enjoy the fact that more complex champions are comeing and that is the way it IS. > > Or you scream into the void and try and remove anyone from the game who wants to play this champion. What's the deal with you and generations lmao? Are you actually 12 years old? Why are you so bothered by older players expressing an opinion about something that may or may not be gamechanging?
> [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=16nX3OAE,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2019-11-25T20:15:22.611+0000) > > What's the deal with you and generations lmao? > > Are you actually 12 years old? Why are you so bothered by older players expressing an opinion about something that may or may not be gamechanging? It's the easiest way to describe the conflicts people are having with the massive changes that have come to league and are coming to league. The game has been around for a decade now. Generations are a REAL thing when it comes to this player base. It is by and large the OLD generation,ironically the generation i would be part of having been playing this game sense around 2012. Condemning any and all changes the moment they are announced. No one has even tryed this guy yet,and its allready "He is bad his kit is overloaded" Translation "I am lazy and do not want to learn anything new." There is massive resistance to {{champion:235}} in the bot lane as a support right now,based on nothing more than "Marksmen have not and do not go bot this is a troll pick" Resistance to {{champion:350}} was based on nothing but "Supports that can attach to adcs have not been a thing and are akin to afking and thus are troll picks" Resistance to the new dragon changes are simmiler. The map has never changed in leauge before,now that it does,it is bad and should not be done.
5050BS (NA)
: LOL Gen Zer has no clue how or why a Millennial dis to a Boomer is used
> [{quoted}](name=5050BS,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbqp3Fbx,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-11-25T20:17:17.452+0000) > > LOL Gen Zer has no clue how or why a Millennial dis to a Boomer is used I'm a millennial if it matters. The attitudes of the people who make these posts are very very much like the attitudes of boomers irl. Stubborn,ignorant,not open minded at all.
KABLUMP (NA)
: simple champions are harder to balance since they usually do a single thing so well that they can't be beaten in certain circumstances complex champions are arguably less of an issue since they revolve more around player skill and reaction timing allowing for more complex fights and interactions where the better execution of talent wins, unless they're facing a simple champion who will always either be too strong or too weak, and will be prone to counter intuitive troll builds
> [{quoted}](name=KABLUMP,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Zbqp3Fbx,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-11-25T20:06:34.686+0000) > > simple champions are harder to balance since they usually do a single thing so well that they can't be beaten in certain circumstances > > complex champions are arguably less of an issue since they revolve more around player skill and reaction timing allowing for more complex fights and interactions where the better execution of talent wins, unless they're facing a simple champion who will always either be too strong or too weak, and will be prone to counter intuitive troll builds You're talking to what I call league boomers. (2010-2012 is when they where most active) Like boomers in real life they reject anything that changes the game in any way or evolves anything at all. Talking to these guys is pointless. The passive aggressive resistance to anything new in the game,has been around for years,but this champ is where the masks of civility come off. This new champ is absolutely drawing the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation are going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on ones own team if one so much as declares him in champ select. If a player attempts to pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people like them will outright refuse to work the player who chooses Aphelos. They will likely false report as well. IF the newer generation and some people like me from the old generation resit people like this The newer generation may actually get very good with him. We may see some stuff we have NEVER seen before in pro play. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of this god awful community are of the OLD generation of league players. They like this person are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. If we can resit long enough. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,Who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,i'm hopeful there are more of them than these old boomer types. Most of the League boomer posts about this champ are in fact down voted to hell so thats a good sign.
Raoul (EUW)
: Honestly RIOT; you have prooven you cant even balance simple champs, stop making complex ones...
Pika Fox (NA)
: Its less that kits are overloaded and more in order to create a different playstyle you need to explain what that playstyle is. Jhin has an essay passive. Doesnt mean hes super complex or overloaded, its just saying "this guy attacks slowly with a reload mechanic and extra damage. He also likes the number 4. 4 is important" Likewise, senna really doesnt have that complex of a kit. Its just "senna attacks slowly, but really wants to save these mist things and gets stronger in doing so. Your gun is huge, slow, but hurts". Thats really it. Then its just math to explain their gameplay mechanic. People complain about "overloaded kits" when its literally just telling you how this champion plays differently. Kits are still simple as fuck on paper and can generally be described in 5-10 words per ability. Senna passive: slow attacks, scales damage and range. Senna Q: linear damage and heal Senna W: delayed aoe snare Senna E: AoE unclickable costume Senna R: Global linear damage and heal
> People complain about "overloaded kits" when its literally just telling you how this champion plays differently. Kits are still simple as fuck on paper and can generally be described in 5-10 words per ability. > > Senna passive: slow attacks, scales damage and range. > > Senna Q: linear damage and heal > > Senna W: delayed aoe snare > > Senna E: AoE unclickable costume > > Senna R: Global linear damage and heal Your talking to people,likely from the 2010 to 2012 generation of leauge players most people from that generation of leauge,are akin to baby boomers talking about the internet and video games. They don't care nothing you say will convince them otherwise. Everything they say translates to. This is different,im to lazy to learn it,therefore it is bad. This has been happening for years now,its just been mostly passive aggressive. However this new champ is basically drawing the lines between league players in this community. Those who will adapt to more complex machincs coming into the game. And those who will try all they can to remove anyone's ability to play with those new machincs. The only good thing here is that,riot is going nowhere anytime soon,so eventually there will be so many more complex champions that these league boomers as I call them,will not be able to ruin the game for the newer generation completely. You get four bans. that means you can only spite ban four complex champions. When there will be MANY complex champions in the future. We just need to endure until that happens. The fact is it may be bad now,but the old stubborn league generation will be pushed out sooner or later.
: Can we talk about how rediculous Champion Design's are lately?
> Don't get me wrong this is a really Cool Champion design alongside Kai'Sa and Senna because of how different, unique and non-traditional they are, but keep in mind Riot, that designs like this make it impossible for the classic Champions to keep up with all this versitility that these designs come with. I also hate when people use i don't HATE YOU buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut arguments. Again please take the a passive aggressive tone away,this champion has done away with the mask of false civility the old generation and new generation have been keeping up for years. The lines are drawn. Either you adapt and enjoy the fact that more complex champions are comeing and that is the way it IS. Or you scream into the void and try and remove anyone from the game who wants to play this champion.
wolf jade (EUNE)
: Aphelios actually looks fun and good, not too much and HUGE skill cap/floor
> [{quoted}](name=wolf jade,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=16nX3OAE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-11-25T18:16:41.204+0000) > > Aphelios actually looks fun and good, not too much and HUGE skill cap/floor He has shown the lines and boundaries between the old league players and the new generation. This is only going to get worse before it gets better.
: Can we talk about how rediculous Champion Design's are lately?
Ahh here we go. Allright boomer im going to be straight with you. You're going to have to adapt to the game,as its been changing for years. Old players have been against anything and everything that has evolved the game. However you people have just been passive agressive about it..that is until now. This new champion is absolutely drawing the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The passive aggressiveness and masks are down. It's kind of nice in a way that we don't have to play nice or pretend to be civil about this now. It's all out in the open with this champions impending relase. This is whats going to happen boomer. The old generation(you) are going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on ones own team if one so much as declares him in champ select. If a player attempts to pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people like you will outright refuse to work the player. You will likely false report as well. IF the newer generation and some people like me from the old generation resit people like you. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. This would be the ideal ending to this scenario. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They like you are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. Sadly this is the most likely outcome. However If one can resit and get threw this for a few months. Then old boomer generation of league players. Who have refused to adapt will hopefully leave or be pushed out of the community. Opening the way for an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,i'm hopeful there are more of them than you. As if you league boomers got your way this game would not evolve at all.
GankLord (NA)
: What the fk is going on with the creation team and who is the one in charge of approving these champion designs. These new champions are getting ridiculously overloaded. Well at least he doesn't have a dash it seems.
Thats nice boomer adapt to the changes in the game or leave This guy is absolutely drawing the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation(you) are going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on ones own team if one so much as declares him in champ select. If a player attempts to pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people like you will outright refuse to work the player. You will likely false report as well. IF the newer genoration and some people like me from the old generation resit people like you. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They like you are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,i'm hopeful there are more of them than you. As if you leauge boomers got your way this game would not evolve at all.
: This is going to end pretty badly, much worse than Kalista (RIP), unless his numbers are perfectly balanced, he'll be absolutely busted. From what I can see, Aphelios will be an extremely safe champ in the right hands due to his Jack-of-all-trades kit (Self-Peel, In-built sustain, poke+ seemingly powerful follow ups to it, Waveclear and sustained damage. The only thing that seems to be missing is burst damage, unless his ultimate's numbers are overturned. Until we see how his kit will work on PBE, there isn't any 100% certainty on whether his kit will have to be nerfed or, in an unlikely situation, buffed. He seems like an adc that requires you to know how to play every type of adc Poke (Ezreal, Cait), All in (Lucian, Kalista), Hardcarry (Kai'sa, Kog'maw) Self-Peeling (Ashe, Xayah). Needless to say, this new champion's release and lifespan is going to be one hell of a show. BTW, he's probably going to be primarily built as an on-hit/hybrid champion, cause that ALWAYS ends well. Good day everyone!
Thats nice boomer adapt to the changes in the game or leave This guy is absolutely drawing the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation(you) are going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on ones own team if one so much as declares him in champ select. If a player attempts to pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people like you will outright refuse to work the player. You will likely false report as well. IF the newer genoration and some people like me from the old generation resit people like you. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They like you are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,i'm hopeful there are more of them than you. As if you leauge boomers got your way this game would not evolve at all.
: Another overloaded kit
Ok leauge boomer adapt to the changes in the game or leave.
: I want to preface what I am saying with the fact that I agree with you that this champion is absolutely ridiculous, and has way too much going on. I hate the notion that people have that “champions cannot break rules”. The point of having different champion is that it lets you break the rules in different ways. At its base, each champion moves, auto attacks, and has stats that affect the abilities. Having unique champions lets you break these in different ways. Teemo has an ability that makes his auto-attacks do DOT damage. That’s not how the ‘rules’ work! Auto attacks deal damage on hit and that’s it! Yet Teemo is not broken in any way. Now, this may not seem like “rule breaking” to you, but that’s only because it’s an ability that has been extended to the rest of the game since it is not busted at all. How about any form of invisibility? The “rules” say that you get to see enemy champions if they are in your FoV or the FoV of an ally/ward. Yet Eve, Twitch, Shaco, etc... are not inherently unbalanced. Rules are made to be broken. It’s what keeps the game fun and interesting. Yes, they shouldn’t overload things, but rules inherently can be broken without breaking the game.
This champ is absolutely going to draw the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation is going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on your own team if you so much as declare him in champ select. If you pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people will outright refuse to work with you. You will likely be false reported as well. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,hopefuly there are enough of them to sway public oppinen.
: Okey, I may not the the first to say that but no offence for anyone these are just my own thoughts. (and I'll prob repost it on EUW when the news gets out) I think those new kind of champion look sick as hell to create on paper, but they are just not healthy at any point for the game and here are the reasons : You can't just make some rules about the game and breaking them over and over again. Every champ in the game have 3 spells and one ultimate (exeption for shapeshifter and rek'sai), but like they only have 6 (seven the the shifter ability) and they are not too complicated to understand. I mean, whith the akali rework, which came from the same RIOT employe I think, we all have seen that breaking basics game rules is not juste healthy for anyone, neither the players who play akali, neither the opponent. it was writen on towers that they grant TRUE vision, and you can't create an exeption. Yes, pros knew it, and good players shall have too, but it is just not fair, its like playing poker but you can see the other's players hand, like you got a hell of an advantage, and for aphelios that will prob be kinda the same, just because your oponent won't know what the hell you'll do when you throw your q. Not only the aphelios will have to learn the champion, and it is just too much of an investment for non-aphelios players. The champ get 5 kind of AA and 10 spells with five passive that furthermore interacts with each others, you can't predict what will do a champion, if by reading his spells you can't figure out what the hell he does, and I dont think you shall go in training tool for half an hour just the figure out the basics of a champ. it is not healthy for players to die again and again because they just don't get what is happening to em. But ok, let's go over something else : Ryze. If ryze is SO hard to balance, it is over the history of Ryze because he was increadibly hard to play, so players just did bad with him, and because they do mistakes, ryze was not broken for a long time. But at a certain time, some 1000k player masteries were just incredibly good at him and hit 65 % winrate while average players had like 45% with him, just because the champ is balance around mistakes, and not around his true potential. Moreover, that champ seem to do a bit of everything, like wave management, poke, assassin playstyle, siege (with the tower), healing, objective control, global AA, global targeted spells, range, melee, a GLOBAL root, I mean, imagine an assassin with a normal spell beeing a root, or "massively increased slow", I mean that is just too much, akali had a too versatile kit, Sylas was a flex pick, Kalista was a bit more strange then other adc, and now her AA deals 90 % of her AD and 500 Atk range, because had too much advantage on other ADC. In conclusion, I think that this champion is just too complicated. Zed for exemple seem fair today, and takes a lot of skill. But his spells are SO simple : Q = shuriken / W = shadows that mimic spells / E = spin around, deals dmg / R = go on target, place a 2nd mimic shadow, the more you deal dmg, the more dmg it does. Simple. Now main Zed knows that they are rewarded by energy by touching multiple skillshots, and that the shuriken deal more dmg with direct hits, but these are details. I had to read twice all the post twice to only understand his spells, and I didn't thought about the combos at all, that is just overturned I think and takes way too much time to understand and learn, and when that's done, it is not fair for players who doesn't have the same time, and simply the player that do not like the champ, the playstyle, they'll have to focus on learning a champion they don't, and you can't say "Q = shuriken" it is more like "Q, heum, ok, wich one on the fives?" and "what is the weapon on the other hand" and "okey, is the guys marked". Ok, I guess I made my point, so have a good one everyone and thank you for reading me (y that was long x) ).
Ok boomer the game is changing,it has been for years,you need to adapt or leave. This guy will/has absolutely drawn the line between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation is going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on your own team if you so much as declare him in champ select. If you pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people will outright refuse to work with you. You will likely be false reported as well. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,hopefuly there are enough of them to sway public oppinen.
: i just cant wait for people that want to first try him and then say he sucks. {{sticker:zombie-brand-mindblown}}
That is going to be the OLD generation that will refuse everything about this champion. This guy is absolutely going to draw the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation is going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on your own team if you so much as declare him in champ select. If you pull something sneaky and change last minute,then people will outright refuse to work with you. You will likely be false reported as well. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,hopefuly there are enough of them to sway public oppinen.
: My head hurts.
Your inability to learn new things Is why this game is no longer for the OLD generation of league players. You would rather sit and get angry that "its just to much and too diffrent" than to actually try and learn something new. The only ones saying this champ is bad are the OLD generation of league players (2010 to about 2012). Like boomers you refuse to adapt or learn anything new. This has been going on for a very long time,arguably since 2014,it's just been passive aggressive. This champion is the one that is going to drop the passive aggressive attitudes in this community,and divide the line right down the middle. You are either a new leauge player who likes these changes Or you are an OLD league player who will refuse to adapt and attempt to remove this champion from any kind of play in any rank what so ever.
: This is Omnistone: The Champion, I'm gonna need flashcards to learn these weapon names, and I'll take 7 years to master him until he gets reworked and I have to start again. It's pretty much free publicity for MCR coming back too.
Ok league boomer,your inability to process and learn new information is why this is no longer your game. Time to adapt or leave.
: Yea, I honestly can't wait to see what high skilled players can do with him. I don't think low skilled players will be that good with him, since there is so much to keep track of.
This champion is absolutely going to draw the lines between old generation of league players and the new. The old generation is going to attempt to stop ANYONE from playing this champion at any level. he will be ban on your own team if you so much as declare him in champ select. If you pull something sneeky and change last minute,then people will outright refuse to work with you. You will likely be false reported as well. The newer generation may actually get very good with him. The problem is most popular you-tubers and pros..the people who basically shape the play habits and attitudes of the community are of the OLD generation of league players. They are going to rally against this champion pick serverly. What this champion is going to do is possibly create an entirely new set of league personality's,who are fine with more complex champions and the changes in the game,hopefuly there are enough of them to sway public oppinen.
: Aphelios Kit Primer
This champ will be the defining moment in the League of legends generational split. Very simmiler to boomers and millineals. This has been going on for awhile. In the background and in a lot of passive aggressive ways. Spite bans dodging. The popular strawman arguments leveled against people who play {{champion:92}} and {{champion:157}} ) hatred and instent reporting of anyone who plays {{champion:350}} so on and so forth. But this champion? This guy is going to draw the battle lines in this community in ways we have never seen before. You are either going to adapt and accept that more complex champions are going to become the norm,or you are not. The two types of people are going to be super fucking toxic to one another more so than usual. As The newer generation of players will accept it easily. However the older generation is going to be super toxic about it. They will make sure that NOONE even attempts to play this champion. Insta bans from your own teammates if you declare Aphlios at select are VERY likely,as is everything that comes from that. People refusing outright to work with you if you manged to sneak an aphlios pick in via not declaring or last moment switching,is going to become very common. People of the older league generation like myself(iv'e been here since 2012) that actually just adapt to it and not get toxic with people. are already and will continue to be a RARE thing.
: Okay I wanna be the first to say that I think that this champion looks sick as all heck, but at the same time... Riot you need to stop making so many champions like this. I get that this isn't the old days of 2010-2011 were making things was difficult and things needed to be simple as people weren't flocking to the game and they needed easy to learn, easy to play champions. This is also setting a new precedent where new people starting the game are gunna mostly be looking at new harder to learn champions and with all the newer champions "Looking coolest" people aren't gunna wanna try champions like Mundo, Olaf, Ashe, etc. Again, I'm not complaining about this, I'm getting Aphelios as soon as he's released. I'm more worried about what this means going forward. I do also miss seeing a simple champion released. I don't think in all my time playing I have see a NEW champion with a "simple" kit put into the game.
you said it yourself this is not 2010 2011. How about this League boomer. May I suggest you adapt or leave the game? This is not your game anymore. The "good old days" are LONG gone,most people of your era have left or adapted. Those are your choices. Leave or adapt. Wineing in boomer is not going to help you.
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Raoul,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=XaeRFUyo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-20T21:50:12.788+0000) > > Jesus, why are people here so scared of gay people? Seriously, one openly gay champion and people lose their heads and scream about some propaganda... Behavior online reflects one's IRL behavior as well, or so researchers say. But even if we ignore that, many have been (and still are) offended, scared, I dunno, by LGBTs for some insanely stupid reasons of theirs. It's the same reason why such people have a hard time coming out - even their closest relatives might lose their tiny, judgmental minds over it like the cavemen they are. As if the person isn't the same just because their sexuality isn't what's expected of them. Besides, many claim it's being shoved into our face, but the irony is they themselves are the ones who actually shoved Neeko's sexuality into our faces because they couldn't deal with it. I'm pretty sure Riot didn't want or even expect anyone to be discussing this topic and if it wasn't for the homophobes - nobody would be right now.
Sigh yet another NPC bot like response: I have to remind you once more. No one is arguing that lgbtq champions should not exist in game. The Problem people have with this. Is the fact that an employee at riot games went up on twitter confirming that this is an LGBTQ champion. It was unnecessary pandering. and implys an agenda. The people who are making topics on this do not hate gays. We are not homoophobes. We do not hate gays. We do however hate identity politics being preached by a major game studio. We do not want riot games to preach politics at us. We are not playing this game for politics. Your NPC soc justice response of "you don't like neeko so you are sexist homophobic and raciest" is exactly what people are tired of.
: Bring Back The Old Rune System + Make Runes Free
> [{quoted}](name=Draconian565,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=AFRQpGiH,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-20T14:53:53.777+0000) > > These Stat Shards are just baby forms of runes. It provides limited customization, which is something I found great about the old rune system. > > Want to go full AS and no defense? You could! > Want to go full Armor/MR because you're against a ranged lane bully? YOU COULD! old runes where even more limited that's why they have been removed. anything outside of useing one type of rune in every slot was considered trolling.
: Why is the bounty system punishing those who farm good?
My experience has been the complete opposite of yours. I came back from a lane loss by killing a snowballing zed.
: Neeko is a dumb pander to the LGBT community for money
> [{quoted}](name=DM For Rat Facts,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=oyxLZr63,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-11-20T22:21:05.051+0000) > > Oh no wait, this exact same discussion has happened in almost every major gaming community when a gay character is introduced, and it's never a problem. > > The thing about her being gay being "shoved down your throat" is that characters in league can't be in depth in the way that characters in a show can. Almost every character in league can be described with a single adjective. This is done in good and bad ways, off the top of my mind, Evelynn is a example of how this can be done really badly. However, even to that end, the only bits of neeko that demonstrates her sexuality are her lines when she interacts with other female champions. Her being cheery and... bug... y, is the majority of her lines. My only complaint is that she's too similar to zoe in such a short time, but even then it's exclusively aesthetically. > > And to those who hate neeko for being gay; > > DM For Rat Facts signals that enemies are missing No one is saying the exsitance of lgbtq champions is a problem. Please stop moving the goal posts. People are angry that yet another stuido is pandering to soc justice on twitter. Its not the exsitance of gay champions in leauge that is the problem,its that no gay champion in leauge has ever been preceded by a riot employee stateing "hey this champion is LGBTQ for LGBTQ people" Thats the problem people are haveing. No one plays this game to have polotics shoved down their throats.
: > [{quoted}](name=PixelLightShow,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8LMyOTLa,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-11-21T06:25:55.580+0000) > > Kindly stop moving the goal posts. The exsitance of a homosexual champions in leauge is not the issue. No one cares about that. What people are mad about is a major game company once more pushing identity politics on soceil media. > There was zero reason to mention her sexuality on twitter. No one would have cared if their writer had not done that. > > Allowing their employees to do this. Is a slippry slope that leads to really bad things. What often comes next is attacks on the fanbase. Claims that if you do not like neeko you are sexsit and homophobic(allready happening). Followed by Endless hit pieces on men who play leauge. Followed by mass censorship of the bords(already happening check my post about mod actions taken against me and others who where talking about this earlier today) Thank you for responding! as a guy, I'm inclined to believe that Riot (Hopefully we can both agree Riot as a company is falling apart from apparent evidence/gameplay) is not actually using this to push their agenda, and as you are the one claiming this, I'd like to know where your proof is. If Neeko was created, then at some point the community believed her bio/story needed serious updating, and riot tagged her as being a lesbian after having been out so long, and not being indicated, then yes. I would suspect they are pushing some "hidden agenda." Neeko; from her inception at the table, was intended to be who she is by her creators. Lucian; after having been created "to be the First black champion" was shown hate because he used guns, and as such was seen as stereotyping black people to use guns. (Not to digress, but I don't think African-American, African, etc, applies in the realm of Runterra, so I don't see why people would pair him with an ethnicity we are familiar with.) Although I can understand that stating her sexuality has sparked controversy through boards (as we speak) and the answer to someone's question on twitter did not have to be given for the sake of keeping the peace, but her lines are enough to imply who she admires. In short: I do not believe a rioters verified response was enough to cause this controversy, as posts were being made prior to said post. A match was lit, and would've sent this forest into ablaze, but a rioter only sped up the process. There is more at play other than "the verification." If there's some deeper, hidden, subliminal message, please provide me with the information stating so.
Why do you need anything else other than the verification of sexual identity by a writer employed by riot? That is identity politics to its core. Not to mention the mass censorship going on,on these bords right now. Censorship of anyone talking about this. Hystory has proven time and time again. That the next step will be attacks on the fan base,then claims that all the people who do not like neeko are sexist racist and homophobic. Any talk about balancing issues if there are any,will be derailed by "you are sexsit scum" This is a direct result of an officel riot employees dive into identity polotics yesterday morning. Had he not said anything this would not be a big deal. What we got instead was yet another major studio pushing identity politics to the forfront,and people are not happy at all. As for your references to Lucein. The difference is that no riot employee went up on twitter and said yeah hes a black champion for black people...no the race didn't matter. No one cared.
: Neeko's sexuality is not overbearing. (Change my mind)
Kindly stop moving the goal posts. The exsitance of a homosexual champions in leauge is not the issue. No one cares about that. What people are mad about is a major game company once more pushing identity politics on soceil media. There was zero reason to mention her sexuality on twitter. No one would have cared if their writer had not done that. Allowing their employees to do this. Is a slippry slope that leads to really bad things. What often comes next is attacks on the fanbase. Claims that if you do not like neeko you are sexsit and homophobic(allready happening). Followed by Endless hit pieces on men who play leauge. Followed by mass censorship of the bords(already happening check my post about mod actions taken against me and others who where talking about this earlier today)
I Endo l (NA)
: "Neeko's one dimensional with her sexuality" So I looked up some quotes about sexuality in League
But riot has never gone out of their way to confirm sexual identity of a champion until today.So kindly stop moving the goal posts. On every one of those examples they never had one of their employees go to twitter and say this is an LGBTQ champion for LGBTQ people. That's the issue. Not the exsitance of homosexual champions in leauge. No one cares about that. What people are mad about is a major game company pushing identity politics on soceil media. There was zero reason to mention her sexuality on twitter no one would have cared if their writer had not done that. This is a slippry slope and What comes next is attacks on the fanbase. Claims that if you do not like neeko you are sexsit and homophobic(allready happening). Followed by Endless hit pieces on men who play leauge. Followed by mass censorship of the bords(already happening check my post about mod actions taken against me and others who where talking about this earlier today)
: Do you think the existence of gay people is really that controversial? Probably think black people don't play League too, and that Lucian was a mistake huh
> [{quoted}](name=Paletongue,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=E54EQQcl,comment-id=000a0003,timestamp=2018-11-20T17:34:31.923+0000) > > Do you think the existence of gay people is really that controversial? > > > Probably think black people don't play League too, and that Lucian was a mistake huh No NPC turn off your fact censors: Nowhere did I say i don't like gay people. In fact I stated MANY times that I have no problem with varuis and taric as they are well developed heros with good storys. Neeko is gay for the sake of being gay,for LGBTQ players. also where the hell did your claims of rassism come from? No NPC I do not hate LGBTQs or POCs. No NPC I do not think black people do not play league,that is a ridicules statement that I have never made at any point in my life of this post.
Kivolan (NA)
: You're right, @Spekkio, it is unfortunately a political issue in much of the world. But it _shouldn't_ be a political issue, because no one gets to have an opinion on whether or not I should exist as a person. I'll make you all a compromise: if you don't want my sexuality "thrust in your faces", then I don't want yours either. Rakan and Xayah need to be deleted. Ezreal's interactions with Lux need to be removed. The list goes on. The arguments being made here are hugely hypocritical.
> [{quoted}](name=Kivolan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N5RfQujw,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-11-20T17:19:20.682+0000) > > You're right, @Spekkio, it is unfortunately a political issue in much of the world. But it _shouldn't_ be a political issue, because no one gets to have an opinion on whether or not I should exist as a person. > > I'll make you all a compromise: if you don't want my sexuality "thrust in your faces", then I don't want yours either. Rakan and Xayah need to be deleted. Ezreal's interactions with Lux need to be removed. > > The list goes on. The arguments being made here are hugely hypocritical. No one is talking about sexuality of the champions in game,no one gives a damn. The problem is riot games stating that she is an gay champion for gay players,and for no other reason then that. They are also proudly declaring it on soceil media,and soon the attacks on fans who speak up against the agenda pushing. will begin. Followed by mass ban waves for anyone questioning riot on this issue. Followed by the feminist and LGBTQ hit pieces a few days after. It will begin within the next 24 hours or less. When its over neekos champ traller will be the most disliked champion traller in leauge hystory,and the game will become a ghost town. History repeats itself Battlefeild V,Magic the Gathering,Ghostbusters 2016,Force Awakens,Detroit Become human
Kivolan (NA)
: Your inability to equate your own innate homophobia with your assertion that an openly LGBTQ+ champion being released in the game is somehow bad for business astounds me. This is a non-issue. Why didn't you have this same response when they came out with Xayah and Rakan, who are very obvious hetero-normative lovers?
> [{quoted}](name=Kivolan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N5RfQujw,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-11-20T17:03:56.713+0000) > > Your inability to equate your own innate homophobia with your assertion that an openly LGBTQ+ champion being released in the game is somehow bad for business astounds me. > > This is a non-issue. Why didn't you have this same response when they came out with Xayah and Rakan, who are very obvious hetero-normative lovers? That's actuly not what I said in my post at all NPC does your programing censor things that debunk your ideology or what? I don't care that she is LGBTQ,I care more that riot is decreeing that she is LGBTQ for LGBTQ players. This did not happen with Tarric or Varuis. Thus no one cared. However when a representative of riot makes political statements like this then it becomes political. Where as Varuis and Tarric had good storys and where somewhat developed charictors. She has no other traits aside from "doesn't like men is gay" Its a clear agenda push.
Kivolan (NA)
: Also, this whole "get woke go broke" bullshit is just that: bullshit. The majority of people are more tolerant and accepting these days, and attempts to boycott services from "radicalized leftist" companies have all failed. Bigotry is what kills companies, not acceptance.
> [{quoted}](name=Kivolan,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N5RfQujw,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:46:37.131+0000) > > Also, this whole "get woke go broke" bullshit is just that: bullshit. The majority of people are more tolerant and accepting these days, and attempts to boycott services from "radicalized leftist" companies have all failed. > > Bigotry is what kills companies, not acceptance. Thank you for your leftwing NPC response: I will remind you that this has nothing to do with homophobia,and everything to do with riot proudly declaring that she is an LGBTQ champion for LGBTQ people. When the majority of players did not care What comes next are attacks on the fans, Exactly like the Ghostbusters 2016 director . Exactly like Force awakens director. Then ban waves for anyone who questions them much like the battlefield devs have done. Of coarse you don't understand this as your limited by your NPC programing and straight white man bad.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shuriman God,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HkyvGeEg,comment-id=0002000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:31:53.185+0000) > > Yes and no. > > Rhinark is right as in "he/she is gay/lesbian" btw is HORRIBLE character design. > > I agree that a character can be whatever the fuck they want to be but if a character has to "defy the norm" the creators will have to build it up rather than make it a mere sidenote. > > "Lucian is straight btw" is as bad as "Neeko is lesbian btw". Lucian had a wife so you can deduct his sexuality from that. Neeko has a one sided love for Nidalee. It's as simple as this to introduce sexuality to a character without making it sound like "quick we need a gay character, make the next one homosexual". > > This is the difference between character design and catering to a group of people. Character design is inclusive while catering to a group of people is mostly exclusive. LITERALLY if yall didnt make a huge fucking deal out of it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. someones even remotely queer in this game we wouldnt BE defying the norm. god just let us exist and let it be a small detail, just once, without flooding the boards with this dumb hyperanalytical bs
> [{quoted}](name=lS THISGayEnough,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=HkyvGeEg,comment-id=00020000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:34:11.937+0000) > > LITERALLY if yall didnt make a huge fucking deal out of it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. someones even remotely queer in this game we wouldnt BE defying the norm. god just let us exist and let it be a small detail, just once, without flooding the boards with this dumb hyperanalytical bs This is an absolotely false statement. No one cared about the varuis story,due to riot not stateing it in twiter posts and smashing it in our face's. The varuis story was ignored,due to it being in universe. This time we have a rioter claiming that the champ is an LGBTQ champ for LGBTQ people.
: Since when is releasing a lesbian character "Radical Far left,Social Justice ideology"?
> [{quoted}](name=DerMangoJoghurt,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=N5RfQujw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-20T16:22:28.701+0000) > > Since when is releasing a lesbian character "Radical Far left,Social Justice ideology"? Releasing the champion is not the problom. The compney proudly stateing "THIS IS AN LGBTQ CHAMPION" is the problem. No one cared before,however they have forced us to care. Most of us are not playing for the champions politics or sexual orientation. Riot basically screaming it in our faces was not needed . The only reason no one said anything about the varuis story,because it was in universe and low key. You didn't have rioters making a big deal out of it. Here they outright made a pandering statement to the far left. What comes next is likely an attack on anyone who questions them for this. Followed by attacks on the fan base,followed by a massive ban-wave. History repeats it self Battlefeild V,Telltale games,Magic The Gathering, Ghostbusters 2016,the Star Wars Movies. Its the same every time.
Rioter Comments
Terozu (NA)
: Why do people want to 'discuss' Neekos Sexuality?
Getwoke go broke. Riot has less than 24 hours to go back on their statement before this game becomes a ghost town. I highly suggest they fire whoever made the stupid choice to proudly delcare her an lgbtq champion. Because this is going to cost them in the long run. I'm not sure why riot doesn't realize sjws do not play their game or buy skins or champions. Doing this will make the people who use to leave the game. They better hire a good PR rep for this one. They likely won't. History repeats itself,next move is to attack any fans who speak out against it. Next move after that is to declare all gamers who play their game to be sexist bigots. Next comes Mass ban-waves,starting with streamers who speak out against it,then normal players threw the automated system. The end of riot games will start within the next 24 hours,the moment Sargon of Akkad,The Quartering,Raging Golden Eagle or Rags get wind of riots mistake here,its all over. The dislike bombs on neekos trailer are starting already. Hope you people weren't looking forward to the next season. This game will not last another month. Someone at riot really messed up. Having this happen at the end of season gurentees no one will come back. Had they done this earlier people may have been incentivized to continue to seasons end. R.I.P get woke go broke.

PixelLightShow

Level 35 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion