JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jeJ8M6fB,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T12:58:19.768+0000) > > Hitboxes would be infinitely more bullshit if they matched the model. It'd allow some champions to dodge abilities *instantly* by pressing the fucking dance button. Well i'm not talking about dances right? I'm talking about when you are actually moving around and fighting. Why are you being an actual smartass?
The model moves with every animation, so if the hitbox matched the model, any animation ever could be used to dodge or block damage (this can be seen in Overwatch, where Hanzo is literally immune to front-facing headshots when he's aiming his bow)
: you made a statement saying that _no one_ used it _ever_. that is unsupported by any data anywhere. period. even if it IS a seriously underused item it still saw substantially more use than a good chunk of other items in league. id put money on the bet that {{item:3056}} {{item:2065}} {{item:3512}} combined have less people using it than hunters pot ever did. and those aren't even temporary items. people used hunters potion. if no one used it than NO ONE WOULD BE ON THE BOARDS ASKING FOR IT BACK!
> [{quoted}](name=SquishySquish,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EAJ7UIKe,comment-id=0000000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-02T04:14:28.198+0000) > > Id put money on the bet that {{item:3056}} {{item:2065}} {{item:3512}} combined have less people using it than hunters pot ever did. and those aren't even temporary items. people used hunters potion. if no one used it than NO ONE WOULD BE ON THE BOARDS ASKING FOR IT BACK! While I did use Hunter's Potion occasionally, it was never something I truly felt I needed, though it had really great sustain. {{item:3056}} is in the game because of it being a refer-a-friend reward, so it's basically untouchable regardless of its usage, so I'd give you that. However, you'd lose your money over {{item:2065}}and {{item:3512}} having less people using it overall than hunter's potion did, because: {{item:2065}} was one of league's oldest items (added in Season 1 in the same patch as {{champion:37}}, reworked and renamed to become {{item:3306}} in Season 4's support item rework, and then re-introduced directly last year after Talisman bit the dust). It even had a _very_ strong period of dominance for almost a month because of its stat profile and low price and cooldown, and had to be nerfed because it was meta (though it's still seen sometimes because it has a niche) {{item:3512}} is a year older than Hunter's Potion was and it dominated several metas, having periods where at least two of them were seen per team for _months_. It's not seen as often now, but that's because it had to be effectively killed for it to not be a game-defining item. And even then, it still has an occasional niche pick. Hunter's Potion by comparison was never truly a game changer, though it was a helpful item nonetheless. It would probably have been picked a lot more often if sustain wasn't trivial to access, but since it's gone now it's not like there's much more that can be done to change that.
: No matter what you decide to build though, there's just no counter (in terms of items people). Health? - {{item:1419}} = 4% max health on-hit - {{item:3153}} = 8% current health on-hit - Passive increasing on-hit effect DPS by ~33% - {{item:3124}} = phantom hit increasing on-hit effect DPS by 50% (stacking with his passive, raising on-hit DPS to ~200%) Armor? - True damage on-hit on E - {{item:1419}} = 4% max health magic damage on-hit - {{item:3124}} magic damage on-hit plus phantom hit increasing on-hit DPS - passive increasing on-hit DPS - Conqueror's 10% true damage conversion (specifically for the physical damage portion of his attacks in this case) AS slows? - Yi's ult ignores them And ofcourse MR would be trash
{{item:1419}} is still reduced by armor, because that item deals Physical Damage (the last time a yellow jungle enchant did magic damage was Sated Devourer (rip Patch 5.13-6.8)) Rageblade's magic damage is honestly pretty pitiful on its own unless you have some from other sources. It adds up, but most of Master Yi's damage output is still Physical; {{item:3047}} with {{item:3075}} or {{item:3143}} is usually all you want for defense against him, though. His late game scaling is pretty tough to match by virtue of how his kit works, so the best way to beat him tends to be to end the game before he gets there.
Rioter Comments
: So when was positional matchmaking sneakily reintroduced to random games?
SapMagic said Positional _Matchmaking_ was never being removed. What they removed were positional _ranks_. https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/03/dev-state-of-ranked/ From that article: >On the matchmaking side, we’re happy with how positional matchmaking—***not to be confused with position ranks***—is working. Queue times have improved for many players and off-position win rates have gone up. On top of that, primary position rates have improved, and in many cases, autofill rates have gone down. From a lower paragraph on positional ranks: >With position ranks, we decided to run a preview in North America and Korea as a way to gather feedback and iterate on the feature before rolling it out more broadly. Six weeks into the season and after numerous bug fixes and tweaks, a significant number of you are still frustrated with the grindiness, low satisfaction of off-position games, and teammates not taking off-position games seriously enough. TL;DR: They never said Positional Matchmaking was going away, because in their tests it was improving queue times and how often people got the roles they wanted. Positional ranks went away because it was grindy and people constantly trolled their off-role games.
Kazekiba (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jeddy017,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=BE56qAN1,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-04-05T17:38:14.576+0000) > > Goodbye {{item:3056}} Your time have come. > > May you rest well. They cannot remove the item. The name has to be used in some way, as per RAF rewards.
They HAVE removed RAF rewards before (Grez's Spectral Lantern was one of the first RAF items and it got removed in Season 5) However, that doesn't mean the item has to be removed. They could always put its name on something else.
: **Nice! A good decision imo, I'd like to add some of my suggestions.** -Clean up some of the items and remove some cdr from items that dont needs it. ({{item:3157}} , {{item:3147}} , {{item:3102}} ) -Get rid of Phantom Hit {{item:3124}}, or if you want to keep it, change it to make your auto do double damage, not be double the auto. Get rid of on-hit abuse. -For AP bruiser item, maybe can be considered the sheen damage of {{item:3078}} to be adaptive? Just food for thought here. -{{item:2420}} I believe this item is a little bit too powerful, even if its one use. A person can buy it and or simply spawn in the game with it and it just turns around a fight for free basically. At the very least remove it from GA.
I feel like making the on hit _effect_ do increased damage while not actually applying it twice would be a better idea for Phantom Hit, or allowing it to apply on-hit effects from _items_ twice but not from champion abilities (e.g. It would apply {{item:3153}} or {{item:3091}} twice, but not Vayne's Silver Bolts or Master Yi's Wuju Style) since Phantom Hit should arguably be the {{item:3089}} / {{item:3031}} for on-hit mechanics. The other points I can strongly agree with. (I wonder what Riot thinks of the above idea)
: > [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=5AxqyNwE,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T21:07:12.079+0000) > > It used to be {{item:3070}} > {{item:3027}} > {{item:3040}} > {{item:3004}} and he has mana ratios so it was very effective at the time when games lasted late. Never in my 5 years playing this game seen a Ryze build a Manamune.
It used to be able to be situationally built over Seraph's when it did magic damage on release, because all of his spells were single target at the time, which made muramana a massive damage spike for him that still had synergy with his penetration options. It was changed to Physical damage in patch 3.5 though, so... it didn't last all that long regardless.
Antenora (EUW)
: It's not just BoTRK being nerfed. Due to the price increase in {{item:3144}} all upgrades are going up by 100 gold. Including Gunblade.
only Gunblade's combine cost is going up. The total cost remains the same.
: > [{quoted}](name=fire263,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EEyyM41f,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2019-03-27T19:57:40.109+0000) > > Just for fun, I'm going to try and guess who the champions are. i dont think any of them is real. vayne has 53% winrate and almost 30% pick rate and 36% ban rate for example. her stats only **increase** for higher tiers. there is really no discussion or confusion about if she should be nerfed, and other champions would have felt the nerf hammer within two weeks. vayne is sitting in this spot for more than **two month** now.
That rioter confirmed they are real in a followup tweet, but he blocked out names so that people would look at the raw numbers rather than instantly saying the champions they do or don't want banned (which is a good idea imo) Their internal data apparently shows winrate, playrate, and playrate at different numbers than outside sites do on a consistent basis, so the actual champions would be entirely guesswork. I have a pretty good idea on who the five might be, though.
: Vayne main claiming that vayne isn't dominating games. In other news, water is wet
Ants bans Vayne when he doesn't have first pick. The point of his comment comes from the belief that, in his experience, it feels a lot easier to dominate a game as Jinx than it does as Vayne, being someone who plays both champions and frequently plays against both. That's a sentiment that I personally share. Winning as Jinx just feels cheap to me right now (her AS steroids are insane; having more AS innately with only an {{item:3031}} just feels flat out unfair on both ends now that it gives 80 AD, and to my knowledge, the only champion that can match her AS with a raw IE rush is {{champion:18}}, who doesn't keep it up permanently). Winning as Vayne also feels pretty cheap (Botrk Rageblade PD makes me feel legitimately unkillable, especially since I like to build Death's Dance), but it doesn't feel like it kicks in until later on in the game. If it were up to me, I'd revert the Q CD changes Vayne got in prior patches, or tone them down (no more Q refund during ult, or make the Q refund scale based on ult rank, as well Q CD going back to 6 seconds rank 1 instead of 4 seconds), revert Silver Bolt's damage back to 4-12% (from 4-14%), and give her AS scaling back (4% per level instead of 3.3%). (Not all of these at once, but pick your poison for what you think is the best idea) I would also slightly tone down Jinx's level 1 HP slightly in exchange for HP/level (she has the same level 1 HP as Dr. Mundo and Darius) so that her early game is slightly more punishable, while allowing her to keep her mid/late game strength.
: > [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qEe5asel,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-22T23:56:31.172+0000) > > No just revert all the nerfs they recieved due to this broken mechanic. And by "nerfs" you mean what? Any examples?
The ones I can personally think of, off the top of my head, are: Because of their synergy with Phantom Hit was on Enchantment: Sated Devourer: Xin Zhao's AP Ratio on his healing was reduced to 40% from 70% Pre-rework Kayle had her AD cut because of her strength with Phantom Hit Shyvana's Q AD ratio was cut because of how strong she was with Phantom Hit (though it was cut again because of PTA last year, and now the skill isn't leveled much at all anymore) Master Yi's interaction with Devourer + Titanic Hydra + old Rageblade (the Tiamat one) made tank builds obnoxious on him, which is why his E now scales on bonus AD instead of total AD, alongside his R duration changed from 10 seconds + 4 seconds on champ takedown to 7 seconds + 7 seconds on champ takedown (which made it worse at the start of the fight, but better if he could continuously reset it) Because of their synergy with Phantom Hit currently (on Guinsoo's Rageblade): Kog Maw had his W damage cut by 2% at max rank (this was half reverted, though) Varus had his passive AS ratios cut in half because of how strong his on-hit build was when his W active was added. Rageblade contributing to giving AP Kai'sa the best mix of in-class DPS, Durability, and Burst post 8.11 was in part due to Phantom Hit making her passive stack notably quicker, though there were other contributing factors to her strength with that build as well. I would bring up Jax's ult nerf, but unlike the others, I don't think Rageblade had much to do with that nerf at all.
Meddler (NA)
: We believe Wit's End is much closer to being a stable, useful item. Ohmwrecker by contrast arguably fills a niche that doesn't need to be filled and wouldn't be good for the game if it were strong. We'd have removed the item if the name wasn't a refer a friend promise, possible we instead move the name somewhere else to both better deliver on that and let us take out an unsuccessful item design.
Weren't Refer-a-Friend items removed before? Grez's Spectral Lantern was a refer-a-friend item and IIRC Wriggle's Lantern was as well, and neither item exists anymore.
Krabby (EUW)
: One thing I kinda dislike about this is the support items giving different amounts of gold, especially in the early game. With spellthiefs/coin people are able to get more gold and are now punished for getting this gold. While Relic shield generally awards less gold. What do you guys think about this if I may ask?
I guess it does give less gold earlier on in the game, but... I find myself getting the quest complete on Relic champs much faster than I do on Spelltheif's and Coin supports, since with _completely optimal use_, the gold gen of Targon's can be notably faster than that of Nomad's and Frostfang.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Heya Meddler! With the upcoming changes to Manamune, is there any intention to fix the long-standing bug with it and Kai'Sa? The extra AD doesn't evolve her Q, even though Seraph's passive DOES evolve her W.
I'm pretty sure that would make the interaction with Seraph's a bug, since Kai'Sa shouldn't gain evolves from item passives like Deathcap Passive, Guinsoo's Rage (the stacking passive on the item) or Awe.
: So, you miss Tracker's Knife. Are you sure you are not LCK ?
I'm sure. I play really aggressive and love to invade, and I used the vision from Tracker's + Oracle's to be able to constantly be aware of the enemy jungler's position (which was important on Kindred especially, since it helped me secure marks). It was also my go-to when behind, since I became a warding machine in games where I couldn't snowball out of control with the Smite upgrades (like a game where I was _really_ far behind as Kha'Zix, but buying Tracker's helped me get map control for my teammates that did manage to do well) Being a former support main helped. Tracker's was a large leftover from my playstyle before swapping to jungling full-time.
Rioter Comments
: Perfect Jungle CS at 10 minutes
I always remember it being said that "good" jungle CS per 10 is 60 (so 6 per min) but I'm not sure if this is still 100% accurate. It really depends on if you're taxing lanes often.
VvVVvV (NA)
: What Is This?
The benefit to unlocked is supposed to be having access to all champs and all non-limited, non-mythic skins, and is normally given to players playing from an internet cafe or league partners, but if you're neither, then IDK how you have access. Either way, that's free skins for as long as it's there, so...
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: March 6
Thoughts on the current state of Jinx and Sivir? How have Lucian's nerfs landed?
Meddler (NA)
~~Ignore, double post and I can't find the delete button on mobile~~
Meddler (NA)
Hey Meddler, is there any chance we'll see an Armor-based upgrade to Catalyst the Protector at some point? Also, is there a chance MR on Graves's Quickdraw is a mechanic that can come back some day?
: whats the reasoning behind this insane sylas buff?
That's actually a pretty sharp nerf to his W; when it's maxed out, he needs 300 AP to reach its current value, and then it's a buff from there. That means the sylas players building tank items won't be healing as much, while the sylas players building mostly AP anyway will be healing more.
Wolfeur (EUW)
: It used to be the other way around? When? In beta?
it was changed to work that way in Season 3. In alpha, beta, Season 1, and Season 2, flat pen was calculated before percent pen, so they made each other less effective instead of more effective.
ExpStealer (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=NemeBro,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Jb2eWNwx,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-02-24T07:06:32.376+0000) > > The at worst second best melee carry tank shredder in the game shredded a tank when she was at full build. I don't see a problem friend. =) True Damage dealt by any champion at any stage of the game shouldn't exceed 33% *at best* regardless of circumstances
It generally will if it's a consistent source (like Vitals, Silver Bolts, or Wuju Style), and damage mitigation effects (like armor, MR, {{champion:12}} ult, {{summoner:3}}, or {{item:3715}}) are at numbers high enough that the Physical or Magic Damage will tickle on its own.
Meddler (NA)
: Morg - we did try some other changes including on the passive. Conclusion was overall Morg's kit was in a fine spot though, including with good balance and counterplay across a really wide range of skill levels. Decided not to change too much as a result. Kayle - Her late game is intended to be really strong (hypercarry). Intent is that she should pay for that with a pretty weak early game. If she does look out of line first thing we'd assess therefore is whether her laning's actually soft enough. Second thing would be whether, even if she struggles to get there, her late game's just too hard to deal with. Feeling pretty good at this point about her balance off internal testing, real test's always once a champ goes live though.
Does Kayle's passive AOE damage/true damage apply on-hit? ({{item:3124}} / {{item:3085}} synergy) or only the damage applied by her E's passive?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 20
Three Questions: How has Nexus Blitz done? Did it do well enough to become permanent? (I loved it very dearly myself and would have loved for it to be a permanent game mode... as long as the Paranoia variant of Bardle Royale isn't there). Is it possible we'll see an Armor upgrade to {{item:3010}} again? It's a void that's been pretty empty ever since it was removed from the build path for {{item:3800}}. How did the {{item:3068}} buffs pan out?
: > [{quoted}](name=The thigh guy,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=I3uhAZYY,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-20T01:48:34.226+0000) > > Until he gets any kind of lifesteal or pen. Then he wrecks Rammus. That would be very very late game. At that point Yi could solo Baron if he wanted to. Btw nice name {{champion:117}}
{{item:3153}} {{item:1419}} {{item:3124}} gets that job done without much of an issue, and three items isn't _that_ late into the game. But either way, that's going to cut through basically anything, though it leaves him liable to burst from champions like {{champion:103}} {{champion:131}} {{champion:91}} or being outdueled by champs with half decent CC, like {{champion:24}} {{champion:164}} {{champion:77}}
Skias (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Meddler,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=1ZAPMpxT,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T17:15:30.877+0000) > > 9.3 took some true damage out with the IE change, 9.4 will remove some more with Conqueror's adjustment. Agree it's sometimes felt like Armor hasn't been as good a choice as you'd expect, think the issue's more on the damage side than the item side though. Hey Meddler. I'm a Taric player and due to Taric's adc like power curve, I feel like I'm weak early and made of paper late game despite stacking health and armor. Catalyst is such a comfortable item on him and eternity feels like it should be core, what would be the chances of getting an Armor based variant upgrade for it? Abyssal mask is the only really worthy upgrade for Taric but a full AD team means he pretty much can't upgrade it. I have to build SO many stats to be effective. Can you please consider consolidating his scaling so it is easier to focus on certain purchases (Health, Mana, Armor). In alternative to that, Taric has always felt like an Armor scaling champion. Where do you think he would fall balance wise if his heal lost the AP scaling component and gained armor scaling? The problem with many support items is they give him AP which I generally think isn't as useful to him as tackiness. He is forced to constantly eat poke due to his play pattern to access Bravado. He needs something else outside his ult to allow him to fight all the ranged threats bottom.
> [{quoted}](name=Skias,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=1ZAPMpxT,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T19:24:33.075+0000) > Catalyst is such a comfortable item on him and eternity feels like it should be core, what would be the chances of getting an Armor based variant upgrade for it? Abyssal mask is the only really worthy upgrade for Taric but a full AD team means he pretty much can't upgrade it. RIP the days when {{item:3800}} built out of a {{item:3010}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Pokemonred200,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TWg3PJ3v,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T13:32:15.026+0000) > > Apparently, yes. People said she had perma stealth when she didn't have this mechanic and her ult CD refund mechanic didn't exist (where it did take until max rank for her Tumble to have a 2 second cooldown). It's funny, because her Q cooldown doesn't even start until she hits something (and she can hold onto the auto for 7 seconds) so if it's dangerous for her to commit to hitting something, it'll be up even less. In older videos, Tumble CD doesn't start until the auto projectile hits, but more recently it looks like it starts as soon as she fires that auto. I'm not sure when or why that change happened.
Patch 5.14 (when BMB started): https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-514-notes#patch-vayne It was apparently done so the attack would feel better, as the patch notes said: "Not much here other than some re-tuning to Tumble's responsiveness. We're not sure how much this actually helps, but ideally you should feel better about rolling around and shooting folks with your crossbow. Enjoy" It had some consequences like consuming the auto if the target went invulnerable while the auto was mid-flight, but because of how the cooldown works, I've considered that a Pro instead of a Con.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pokemonred200,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TWg3PJ3v,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T11:52:33.570+0000) > > Q cooldown was reduced to 4 seconds rank 1, and is now cut in half during ult. Because of this, it's a 2 second cooldown during ult when she first unlocks it. So, up to 1 second invisible, then 2 seconds visible is "perma stealth"?
Apparently, yes. People said she had perma stealth when she didn't have this mechanic and her ult CD refund mechanic didn't exist (where it did take until max rank for her Tumble to have a 2 second cooldown). It's funny, because her Q cooldown doesn't even start until she hits something (and she can hold onto the auto for 7 seconds) so if it's dangerous for her to commit to hitting something, it'll be up even less.
: > [{quoted}](name=Pokemonred200,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TWg3PJ3v,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T10:10:17.777+0000) > > Most Vayne mains are actually maxing W right now, because of the cooldown buffs (and last year's shift of tumble's damage from 30-50% to 50-70% AD) making Silver Bolts a better first max. > > Source: I'm a moderator in the Vayne mains discord. This is a subject that gets brought up frequently, and as of recent, W max is the preferred build for most people (though Q max is done for people trying out {{item:3087}} {{item:3031}} again) But people are also complaining about the extensive stealth, which won't happen unless Tumble is maxed. How can Vayne max out both Q and W by level 9?
Q cooldown was reduced to 4 seconds rank 1, and is now cut in half during ult. Because of this, it's a 2 second cooldown during ult when she first unlocks it.
DunkProphet (EUNE)
: NERF VAYNE
If I'm being honest, and I say this as someone who plays Vayne a lot... I wish that when she was a troll pick and did need the buffs, they went about it in a different way. Like giving back the attack speed they took away back in 8.2 (going from 4% to 3.3% IIRC), lowering the mana cost of Condemn, giving her better AD growth, or giving her something to help her jungle effectively (if a goal was to make her playable in multiple roles, anyway). The buffs they did give her (cutting cooldowns on Tumble and buffing the True Damage on Silver Bolts) felt like they completely pigeonholed her into having {{item:3153}} {{item:3124}} being the single best possible build on her. Before, she took longer to be relevant even with Botrk Rageblade, and she had the option of other builds like {{item:3087}} {{item:3031}} if it really wasn't needed for her to evaporate a frontline. The change she got to her Ult->Q having lower cooldown than non Ult->Q is something I still feel like wasn't needed, and a revert to her AS nerf would have been fine if she really needed the buffs. But it's a mechanic that apparently isn't being removed, so :/
: > [{quoted}](name=DunkProphet,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=TWg3PJ3v,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T09:45:13.251+0000) > > ??????? > > Maybe shes behind on farm? Maybe we did everything we could to shut her down but all she needs to be relevant is a 3.1k gold item (with 1.1k boots) and lvl 9? At level 9, W is rank 2. Tumble is maxed first.
Most Vayne mains are actually maxing W right now, because of the cooldown buffs (and last year's shift of tumble's damage from 30-50% to 50-70% AD) making Silver Bolts a better first max. Source: I'm a moderator in the Vayne mains discord. This is a subject that gets brought up frequently, and as of recent, W max is the preferred build for most people (though Q max is done for people trying out {{item:3087}} {{item:3031}} again)
: Conqueror Entitlement
I just want my stacking AD Rune back. The True Damage is something Riot added to make it appeal more to bruisers than tanks because they're supposed to beat tanks in extended fights (at least, this is what I recall them saying when it was first announced), but personally, I've never found it needed. The healing would be nice to keep it as a sustained combat rune, though.
BateToshka (EUNE)
: Mountain Drake to give your smite 10% more damage
It did this on release. This was patched out after a single patch (in 6.10) because it was weighing Smite fights too far in favor of the team that was already ahead, and because it _kind of_ breaches the rules of True Damage, which is 'do not get increased or decreased by anything' (The only thing that does breach this IIRC is {{champion:103}}'s Orb of Deception, whose True Damage half is increased by her Charm's damage amplifier)
: Anyone else having issue with pinging drake timer on chat?
I've noticed I'm consistently able to ping drake timers when I'm on blue side, but completely incapable of doing so on red side. I wonder why...
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 8
Is there any update on the third upgraded Smite? And is it possible we could see Blasting Smite come back soon?
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 8
Thoughts on putting a heal on Akali's passive? It being on her Q honestly made very little sense, but I can see a reason for it to be on her passive that requires her to commit to champion combat for use.
Dasdi96 (NA)
: Yo riot, what happened to the lucian nerfs that were meant for this patch?
Maple Said they pulled Ezreal and Lucian's nerfs because they wanted to see how the other marksmen fared once they had useful items, and would see how their power shifts in response.
Acanthus (NA)
: Essence flare is such an obviously unhealthy mechanic. But things being obviously unhealthy hasn't stopped things like the Rengar and Leblanc reverts. Or the burst meta in general.
Reworked Rengar was burstier. Reverted Rengar is just harder to dodge (and has more build options because of the attack speed and auto resets)
Ralanr (NA)
: You mean the W that was basically “You’re winning? No, I’m wining.” Yeah, fuck that. Edit: I honestly don’t remember if that was her old W or E. I just really despised that ability on a personal level and never want it back.
That was her old E. Her old W was on-hit healing, and if you activated it, that healing was doubled and you got on-hit true damage while active.
: It is Phantom Hits. They have broke so many items and champions. Phantom Hits have been on I believe ~~3 or 4~~ 2 items and both items have been unhealthy.
Only two (It was on Sated Devourer in Seasons 5 and 6, and on Rageblade in Season 6+) Though imo, Phantom Hit isn't what made Sated Devourer unhealthy, it's the fact that it wasn't really punishable to sit in the jungle for 20 minutes and come out with Sated + {{item:3153}}, {{item:3748}} or old {{item:3124}} (when its passive was essentially a {{item:3077}}) because Sated having 50% AS and 60 on-hit damage as a base made it + one of the three above on-hit items all you really needed for damage. Rageblade is healthier overall as a concept, but it's made a coveted effect that you had to satisfy a specific condition to unlock become something really easily accessible. I feel like if Phantom Hit was harder to access but not made exclusive to a specific class, it would be an okay mechanic.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 1
I've been meaning to ask, is it possible for {{item:3046}}'s shield strength to be dropped in favor of higher attack speed? While the movement speed and ghosting are ultimately core aspects of the item imo, the lifeline shield seems really out of place to me and its shift into a defensive item with a massive shield seems like a polar opposite swing from what the item was originally, which was a powerful pick for DPS, and after its first change back in 5.22, a dueling tool. While a shift in power for {{item:3087}} may make this item more desirable should PD prove to be subpar in cases where the shield isn't needed (or potentially wanted in cases of champions like {{champion:41}} or {{champion:157}} that use {{item:3053}} and/or {{item:3156}}), this could cause a side effect of Shiv either becoming extremely overbearing again due to providing a strong mix of burst and DPS, or, in {{champion:157}}'s case in particular, vaporizing minion waves and preventing him from using them for mobility. It also seems like the sheer size of Phantom Dancer's shield is going to make the item feel awful to play against, which may get the item nerfed into a state where it's not really desirable at all (Unlike current Phantom Dancer, which has a stable niche and still sees use outside of {{champion:157}} and {{champion:23}} on occasion)
iiGazeii (NA)
: I'd be fine with a simple ring-shaped cooldown indicator around the inhib, like Sylas or Yasuo puts on the ground for their per-target cooldowns.
Inhibitors already have this; the dark blue or dark red light around the inhibitor's edge is a timer ticking to its respawn. IMO It's kind of difficult to see, because the less dark part of the ring isn't that much darker.
Netorare (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mUufAcqE,comment-id=0007000100010000,timestamp=2019-01-29T09:15:58.459+0000) > > Except that it's a fact and you have absolutely nothing to back your own claim up. Rengar,Kha,Eve,Kayn have sustain because they are junglers. The assassins that actually lane dont have sustain and dont need one because they have their braindead mobilty and burst.
Talon has a heal when killing any unit with his Q and Ekko has an ult heal and they're laners. Nidalee has literally always had a heal, and she was a midlaner up until Season 5. If we go by primary class still, Master Yi has also always had a heal (which also reduces incoming damage) and he was primarily a toplane champion until Feral Flare was released. Even then, he remained a toplane champion for a good while until Sated Devourer caused him to get balanced around jungling. (and his healing was the only part of his W that hasn't actually changed since those time periods). As for avoiding damage, we have Ekko's W's shield, Kassadin's Q's magic shield, and Fizz's E's Troll Pole. With that list (Talon, Nidalee, Ekko, Fizz, Kassadin, & Master Yi), the primary role assassins who have been mainly laners in the past or are currently laners first, _and_ don't have any innate sustain or way to avoid damage are... Katarina, Leblanc, and Zed. That's really not a lot, especially considering that when you add the missing jungle assassins (Shaco and Nocturne), Nocturne does have sustain and a spell shield, which puts the assassins with some kind of sustain or damage mitigation/way to avoid damage altogether at twelve out of sixteen champions, which is 3/4th's of the class. EDIT: This didn't take Pyke into account when I wrote it, so if we add our 'support assassin' (though it's not his primary role, so ehh), this makes thirteen out of seventeen assassin champions. As Kayn's primary role is Fighter, it would be eleven out of fifteen champions if neither Pyke nor Kayn is included in the list) One thing that made Akali in particular unique in that regard is that her healing was always among the most readily available and reliable, though, and that's something that I feel like she still deserves to keep.
Ralanr (NA)
: So the new Phantom Dancer on the PBE gives a Shield from burst damage
I've not been a fan of any of the PD changes myself. It feels like they're taking an item with a solid niche and shitting all over it in favor of a lifeline shield that would feel 'more satisfying to build'. To my understanding, though, lifeline on Phantom Dancer is a change that Riot's already solidified their thoughts on, and there's not anything that can be said to change their minds on it. It sucks, because it was a favorite of mine on seven of the ten crit champions I play with crit builds because of the Lament passive.
Rioter Comments
Eyesack (NA)
: I havent even noticed the jungle changes
I personally haven't noticed most of the changes... _when I'm ahead_. When I'm behind, the jungle EXP nerfs feel miserable because it feels like there's absolutely nothing you can possibly do. Pre-nerf it felt more like comebacks were possible when you were able to enter your jungle. As far as the nerf to {{item:3715}}, I felt the vision nerf more than anything. I've lost quite a few duels that I would've won pre-nerf because they got into a brush when I didn't have my wards up.
: I hope to god, that the kayle rework doesn't make her a flashy champion.
She's being reworked by Riot August. August made {{champion:254}} {{champion:222}} {{champion:202}} {{champion:150}} {{champion:245}} and was the primary one working on the {{champion:107}} revert Of those champions, only Ekko is a flashy champion (and uses that flashiness for their outplay potential) _and_ isn't heavily auto based, so I trust him to not make Kayle a flashy champ, tbh.
Show more

Pokemonred200

Level 200 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion