: So why was I suspended?
"I feel like the developers were never american to begin with." What? What if they aren't? Are you using "non-american" as an insult?
: Any application that you leave open for a while will begin to use a larger amount of your available memory. As for your CPU usage, were you done anything with the client? I ran the client idle in multiple areas and with different resolutions (up to 1920x1080) and I could only hit an average of 7% usage of my laptop-grade CPU. Question: What CPU are you using?
> [{quoted}](name=HeyItzSteve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GdVhXiae,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-11-19T20:44:27.881+0000) > > Any application that you leave open for a while will begin to use a larger amount of your available memory. As for your CPU usage, were you done anything with the client? I ran the client idle in multiple areas and with different resolutions (up to 1920x1080) and I could only hit an average of 7% usage of my laptop-grade CPU. Question: What CPU are you using? I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Granted it's not the best computer for gaming (if at all capable) but it constantly feels like the League client takes up more resources than the actual game :/
Rioter Comments
: Hitbox. Intersecting rectangles is still the most high performant way of performing a collision check. It has drawbacks. The price we pay for a 3D engine that can run on low end systems.
> [{quoted}](name=LetMeCarry1983,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OPmEXkdi,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-03T10:36:12.117+0000) > > Hitbox. Intersecting rectangles is still the most high performant way of performing a collision check. It has drawbacks. The price we pay for a 3D engine that can run on low end systems. Rectangles? Circles would be way simpler to do a collision check. i.e. if ( distanceBetweenCentre² <= ( rA + rB )² ) hit = true; Also, League is technically running a 3D game on a 2D collision coordinate system. This is why flying/hopping/knocked up champions get hit by skillshots as if they were on the ground below their actual 3D model.
Auzyris (EUW)
: I am a Katarina main since beta and I would like to adress her issues
This thread has become nothing more than insults and biased opinions. Kat is fine as she is, could use some qol changes but that's about it.
Rioter Comments
: Thanks for reporting it here, we're looking into it and put up a [Server Status message](https://status.leagueoflegends.com/#na) up. Edit: When the server goes down and you go into the server room (because you have physically go to a server room whenever there's an issue *joke*) and you see something lurking about... shifting here and there... Then you see it trapped in a corner, you slowly approach it and... . .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... {{champion:17}} AHHH!!!!! Then you feel a sting, black out, and then collapse.
> [{quoted}](name=Son Golin,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=UqXnsKVt,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-09-18T17:52:45.339+0000) > > Thanks for reporting it here, we&#x27;re looking into it and put up a Server Status message up. > > Edit: When the server goes down and you go into the server room (because you have physically go to a server room whenever there&#x27;s an issue *joke*) and you see something lurking about... shifting here and there... Then you see it trapped in a corner, you slowly approach it and... > . > .. > ... > .... > ..... > ...... > ....... > ........ > ......... > > {{champion:17}} > > > AHHH!!!!! > > Then you feel a sting, black out, and then collapse. When I was working as IT for a cancer research agency, I went in to their server room to inspect why one of the production servers was not responding. I eventually decided to reboot it manually to fix it. I later found out that I rebooted the wrong server while people were running analysis on it. I was so embarrassed. True story.
Terozu (NA)
: Soraka in a nutshell
: A Tribute to Katarina's Lore
: When will we get to read Garen x Katarina by Brian Francis Sword?
@KÎŢŢΥKÂŢKÂŢÂRÎÑÂ I play a lot of Kat and I ***adore*** this ship. Please make me an official romance story on the two of them ^0^ <3
: An important message from Katarina mains to Riot
I don't think the majority of people realise that this post is not asking for a revert of her rework. @PaulWesley, if you could add a disclaimer in big capital letters saying the original post is not asking for a revert, it would help remove ~75% of all complains in the comments.
: that literally takes away a decision in her kit. Assume playing against lux mid. If you E to her face you have the choice to either run up,down to dodge her Q with W or be a greedy gold player who autoattacks her and lets her Q and root you. I honestly hope this post gets ignored cause it is just another *blank mains complain* as a true kat main most of what is said is udder nonsense with nothing to prove apart from moonwalking possibility.
> [{quoted}](name=KÎŢŢΥKÂŢKÂŢÂRÎÑÂ,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n48HBN8V,comment-id=00010000000000000002000000000000,timestamp=2018-08-28T11:41:50.770+0000) > > that literally takes away a decision in her kit. Assume playing against lux mid. > > If you E to her face you have the choice to either run up,down to dodge her Q with W or be a greedy gold player who autoattacks her and lets her Q and root you. > > I honestly hope this post gets ignored cause it is just another *blank mains complain* as a true kat main most of what is said is udder nonsense with nothing to prove apart from moonwalking possibility. I play her a lot and I agree with all their points, though. "true kat mains" is just a No True Scotsman fallacy. You might not agree but some people might. Doesn't make the post bs...
: quality of life? this post literally says E needs to feel less clucnky BUT AT THE SAME TIME it needs higher damage and lower CD.... Everything explained above covers why her Shunpo does so little damage; this does not mean it is the correct way to combat this. 15-75 base damage is appalling and the scalings are honestly just as bad. In an extreme case kat can shunpo 15+ times... and u want more damage on it? there is a reason why they nerfed E when kat was dominating
> [{quoted}](name=KÎŢŢΥKÂŢKÂŢÂRÎÑÂ,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=n48HBN8V,comment-id=000100000000000000020000,timestamp=2018-08-28T11:32:07.985+0000) > > quality of life? this post literally says E needs to feel less clucnky BUT AT THE SAME TIME it needs higher damage and lower CD.... > Everything explained above covers why her Shunpo does so little damage; this does not mean it is the correct way to combat this. 15-75 base damage is appalling and the scalings are honestly just as bad. > In an extreme case kat can shunpo 15+ times... and u want more damage on it? there is a reason why they nerfed E when kat was dominating They meant remove the auto reset and add the auto damage to the ability damage instead. This would make it so that the damage on her E would not change at all if done correctly.
: An important message from Katarina mains to Riot
I play Kat a lot and I agree with this post. I would like to add a few notes though: Gameplay: It would likely be solved by changing the slight weird delay on her E but sometimes I will Shunpo to a dagger just as it is about to disappear making me land at the location but not get the damage or reset - basically leaving me as a sitting duck in melee range of an enemy. Would love it if a circular timer indicator (like GP barrels have) would be added so I can more clearly see when the daggers will disappear. The subtle blinking is barely noticeable. Lore: Please update her voice lines and special interactions. She has a single line for taunt, joke, and has no special interactions at all. You guys gave a huge update for Lux when she already had so much stuff. Makes me feel like you guys don't care about Kat at all.
: those chromas were only available for a limited time during this years lunar revel. i dont have the skin yet, but since i might pick it up in the future, i already unlocked the chroma during this years event. i just hope it will come with the skin when i get it.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=okOuNvuT,discussion-id=pdHN3tog,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-06-18T15:53:16.324+0000) > > those chromas were only available for a limited time during this years lunar revel. > > i dont have the skin yet, but since i might pick it up in the future, i already unlocked the chroma during this years event. i just hope it will come with the skin when i get it. Yes, it will if you unlocked the chroma already. As for OP, it's not guaranteed but it's very likely the chromas will be brought back to the store or through missions on the next Lunar New Year.
: When I, a Demacian fan since day 1, main new swain
GOOD! Demacia sucks! (Except Garen and Lux, theyre pretty cool)
: If you could sleep with any male champ, who would it be???
: Differences between Katarina and Miss Fortune: Ninja v Pirate
You forgot the most important difference: Kat - bae MF - not bae
: Why suddenly Riot seems to have changed her poster girl Katarina for Miss Fortune?
I noticed that kat hasnt been used a lot like she used to be (for promotional material and other small details like the shop loading icon). I dont mind it too much but i would love to have more lore/cinematic stuff for her
KazKaz (OCE)
: Well, in terms of the ping argument I disagree. If someone is disadvantaged because of ping that's their own fault. If they're still playing a game at home that requires a good connection to be playable then maybe it's not the best idea to be competitive with it. Too bad so sad I suppose. ALSO, you do know that ping hardly even came into the equation if you knew your champion well enough. Hell, look at Flyerbek, he plays on like 100 ping average and he was still able to do plays a korean Kat with 7 ping could do. It's called adaptation and muscle memory. As such, the game has not come to the point where it's "pay2win" in terms of internet. Yes, old Katarina had a lot of counterplay and skill expression, hence why if you fucked up even one ability during your reset spree you insta-popped. Stop trying to say that she's took no skill, because we all know that's a misconstrued lie.
Where did I say she took no skill? Stop assuming things. I said she was less healthy from a gameplay design perspective.
KazKaz (OCE)
: That's a huge exaggeration, Kat would never one shot with just E+W, she'd throw a multicasted Q with E in there. How fast you could press your buttons? Doesn't that apply to every champion in the game though? New Kat can't burst someone that fast anymore? Ah, is that why people are dying to one dagger+Gunblade+Shunpo? You're right, with proper positioning no Kat player will win lane, yet you forget this is League of Legends, a game known for its autism. More people do complain about her now, hence why if people say she's absolutely busted. She was only an annoyance to people pre-rework, now they view her as a "scum-fuck" champion. Look, I main Kat, and I've done so for 7 years now, never have I actually encountered anyone who has said that pre-rework Kat was broken, because let's be real here, she wasn't. She was situationally good but that's about it. She lost lane to pretty much everyone, which gave her a clear weak point in the game and she only really steamrolled if her opponents didn't know what she did. Furthermore, the rework turned her more into this AP version of Riven. As such she's hardly an assassin anymore as much as she is a mobile skirmisher.
Well you're ignoring some stuff I said. She can't delete someone that fast because, like you said it yourself, she needs a dagger pickup to do that damage. That dagger pickup is heavily delayed since the rework and it can be counter-played by just avoiding the daggers. If players are bad and have bad positioning, why shouldn't they be punished with taking damage? Isn't that the whole point of the game? And no, champion balance shouldn't be based on fast button mashing, that would make people with low ping have a very clear advantage over someone with average ping. Counterplay and skill expression is about making the right choices, at the right time, not by simply being lucky enough to have your button presses be noticed by the server first. This isn't something you can guarantee, but it's something you should aim for. But clearly, if you heavily despise new Kat, I can't and frankly don't want to change your mind on it. You play whoever you want to play. So I'll just end this reply with, I'll respectfully disagree with your opinion.
: My cat knows my password and sometimes flames other players. I tell him not to, but he's a cat, he doesn't listen.
That excuse is far from purrfect
KazKaz (OCE)
: "She's healthier now" Is that why more people complain about her now than they did before? Counterplay potential doesn't matter at all when 75% of the champs in this game have targeted nukes. Old Katarina was a lot more simple at first sight, but she did have complexity. Additionally, she was still healthy as she did not go for duels and 100-0 (most of the time) and she relied on her team to get 1-5 people low before she popped off.
Kat doesnt have an instant nuke anymore. Pre-rework, a fed Kat could delete someone with just E+W. That doesnt allow a lot of chances for the enemy to do anything. It was based on how fast you could press the buttons. The new Kat cannot burst someone that fast anymore because nearly all of her damage comes from her daggers passive pick-up. The daggers not only dont deal damage until they fall, and they are very clearly shown on the ground. With proper positioning, no Kat player will win lane. People do not complain about her more now... You were either not playing back then or don't remember too well. And the people who complained about her back then had a point. There wasnt much you could do back then when she could even use Deathfire Grasp to add to that instant burst damage. She's never been more balanced than she is now. Is she a tad strong in the current meta of high damage runes? Yes, of course she is. But that is a matter of balancing runes and their burst in general. All champions deal so much damage right now. Kat will be better after a look at AP items, runes, and number tweaks which will happen anyway with the preseason end.
: OLD KATA WAS BETTER WE WANT HER BACK AND OLD CLIENT
I played Kat since 2013 and i loved the rework. New Kat feels great and has way more counterplay potential for enemies. Shes healthier now.
: What kind of Chromas would/do you want next/
{{champion:55}} Warring Kingdoms Katarina
: Cutest (and best) couples of all League of Legends
: Traditional Sejuani
Dont kid yourself. The best pokemon ever is mew. You cant look at that adorabloo pokemon and not go "awwww"
Pinkaj (NA)
: Which champ's lore do you relate most to?
{{champion:99}} for me. Id say her personality and mine are quite similar also ^-^
Haledon (NA)
: I feel like she needs resources, as her Q is a free cleanse every 6 seconds late game with 40% cdr.
> [{quoted}](name=Haledon,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=Z09p2M6r,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-26T21:22:52.019+0000) > > I feel like she needs resources, as her Q is a free cleanse every 6 seconds late game with 40% cdr. While that's true, it's no worse than something like Morgana shield. Plus, since it's a skillshot, your counterplay to that cleanse is to just bodyblock it.
Rioter Comments
: I just noticed Katarina has no short story in her bio.
Yes please. I want better Kat lore development and please for the love of all that is holy, give her in game voice lines and interactions. She luterally has one line for taunt and joke and zero special interactions while new champions have a billion lines for warding alone. Kats in game model and kit are quite modern but literally everything else is outdated
Jozz (EUW)
: Grayed out 'Find Match'-button until error occurs
While this is a bug, you can click to view your Profile and then return to the Lobby and it'll fix itself. A neat workaround for the impatient people who don't want to wait for a solution from Riot.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kathyrina,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gWEWQZzW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-09-30T14:24:57.585+0000) > > Please please please please make it a Kat skin. She needs some high quality skins, she has a lot of skins but theyre all super low quality. I&#x27;d love a Legendary-style skin for her Gawd I hope not. I like actually being able to own all of her skins, doesn't have to be locked behind ridiculous pricing to be good.
> [{quoted}](name=Daddy Issues,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=gWEWQZzW,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2017-10-04T01:21:05.017+0000) > > Gawd I hope not. I like actually being able to own all of her skins, doesn&#x27;t have to be locked behind ridiculous pricing to be good. I'm going to save 10 gemstones just for when they release a Kat skin that's Hextech exclusive. I already have 8 >:3
: Next hextech skin??
Please please please please make it a Kat skin. She needs some high quality skins, she has a lot of skins but theyre all super low quality. I'd love a Legendary-style skin for her
: > [{quoted}](name=Kathyrina,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y4iexhKm,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-09-17T07:53:41.848+0000) > > Just report those people and move on. I do report and move on. That doesn't mean I can't come to talk about my experience on the Boards. Being rude like this never actually warrants a punishment from the report system because it is all "in good fun." But these players on the other team who just tell you how bad you are all game used to be a lot less common and something you'd see maybe once or twice a week. Now, every single game I enter there is either one or multiple different players who just tell you how "ez" you were to beat despite the circumstances. Playing a 4v5 or 3v5 and ask to report for afk after game, "lol no, you guys are so bad that you would've lost even with a full team." Yes, I can just report these players and forget about it, however, why should this behavior be promoted as acceptable to make others feel bad at the expense of your "fun" that comes from making them feel bad? Ultimately, League is just a game and I play it to have fun, not to be harassed online.
> [{quoted}](name=Blakiepug,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Y4iexhKm,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2017-09-17T13:39:24.502+0000) > > I do report and move on. That doesn&#x27;t mean I can&#x27;t come to talk about my experience on the Boards. Being rude like this never actually warrants a punishment from the report system because it is all &quot;in good fun.&quot; But these players on the other team who just tell you how bad you are all game used to be a lot less common and something you&#x27;d see maybe once or twice a week. Now, every single game I enter there is either one or multiple different players who just tell you how &quot;ez&quot; you were to beat despite the circumstances. Playing a 4v5 or 3v5 and ask to report for afk after game, &quot;lol no, you guys are so bad that you would&#x27;ve lost even with a full team.&quot; > > Yes, I can just report these players and forget about it, however, why should this behavior be promoted as acceptable to make others feel bad at the expense of your &quot;fun&quot; that comes from making them feel bad? Ultimately, League is just a game and I play it to have fun, not to be harassed online. Its reportable because its harrassment. And harrassment is very clearly not considered acceptable. You are free to complain about it of course, but reporting does work and thats prob your best option. I even report my own team when they go "ggez" because its not sportsmanlike and shouldnt be considered acceptable. The reason i say you should move on is so that you dont let it get to you. After all, they do this to get to you, and if it doesnt work theyre not having fun. Plus, being upset about something like this will make you not enjoy your future games and possibly even your whole day gets ruined. Save yourself the trouble and teach yourself to be immune to those douchebags. I know it's difficult, ive been harrassed a lot in league. Ive been flamed just for being a girl, sometimes called a %%%%, etc. But if you let it get to you, youre letting those people win.
: After how much fun I had completing all of the missions in Invasion...
Rioter Comments
: Jaredan, I feel like I deserve some kind of explanation
I'm all for characters being gay, even Lux now that her Ezreal relationship was removed. But I really think op is overreacting quite a bit. I dont think their sexual orientation matters in any way. Its only something you should know if itis important for the development of the character. You can easily have gay situations appear on straight characters too. It's a way to embellish writing, adding deeper content that most people can relate to. Being gay you likely can relate to Lux since she had to hide from everyone out of fear. That doesnt mean Lux has to be gay or bisexual or anything. It's there to add depth to the story, and it makes it so people who have been in that situation connect emotionally with the character. I dont want to see a gay, lesbian, transgender, etc champion unless those characteristics made them who they are. Otherwise it's just like knowing someone's exact age or shoe size. Why do you care? (Though i do care a bit about age. I always guessed Lux was like 25, Garen 30, Katarina 28, Cass 26, Talon 25, etc - but those are in my head. You want to headcannon lesbian Lux? Go for it)
LilPabzz (NA)
: Can people please stop doing this... (Forcing out of support role)
You cannot share their name on the boards. It counts as shaming and it is against board rules. If you dont want your post deleted you should remove their name.
Eggbread (NA)
: Problem Champions and Why They Are Still a Problem
As someone who loves assassins, the main issue with akali and leblanc is the stupid q. Its incredibly difficult to balance an ability that has a mark+consume for extra damage. Look at how beautifully Kat turned out without that effect on her q. Its an outdated gameplay mechanic that just needs to go. Bring LeBlanc pre rework back, and then change only her Q. Her mobility and safety wont matter bevause she wouldnt be able to dash, instantly pop a target from 80% hp, and tp back to her starting platform. As for akali, rework her entirely, her problem is worse because shes so heavily dependent on her q pop. Q+ R + auto on a target is really all she has to do. Make her actually require some action on akalis player to kill. Having her dash to you, pop a mark, and see you die is the same cancer gameplay that leblanc has/had.
: If you actually look at her lore, you'll find a lack of many of the telltale qualities found in Good characters, namely Empathy. She is ambitious, but as an assassin she kills whoever she is told without a second thought for their families and dependents. You're perfectly welcome to see her as other than Evil, but I'm not sure I could be convinced of it.
> [{quoted}](name=SwimyFish,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=keqpAp0T,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2017-08-04T03:28:27.602+0000) > > If you actually look at her lore, you&#x27;ll find a lack of many of the telltale qualities found in Good characters, namely Empathy. She is ambitious, but as an assassin she kills whoever she is told without a second thought for their families and dependents. You&#x27;re perfectly welcome to see her as other than Evil, but I&#x27;m not sure I could be convinced of it. She has empathy. Just not for those who are her targets. Her job is to assassinate, and thinking of her targets as people would certainly obstruct her efficiency as a killer. Think of modern day army soldiers: when they have to kill someone in battle, do you think they would think about their enemies as people? Of course not. It just makes it harder to do your job. She has a lot of empathy towards her family: Talon, Cass, and her father. At the same time, I do think she needs a lore update, there's so much potential for her character.
: Moral Alignments for every Champion
I never thought of Kat as evil. She kills because its her job and thats what her family does. But i dont think she does it because she is evil. She even sided with Demacia once in the old lore. If anything shes one of the few good/neutral in Noxus.
: Unprepared Garen? Riot Pls! - Ultimate Skin Concept
One day Riot will finally do what they promised. I don't see how over 500 votes in the poll alone doesn't qualify as "enough support". I have yet to see a forum post creation that goes higher than 700 upvotes.
Dat Kat (EUW)
: What happened to the splash art updates?
Any chance we could see some older Katarina skin splash updates? High Command is one of my favourite skins but her splash is just disgusting :/
Epicurus (OCE)
: It actually says "swear loyalty to Noxus", not "fight for Noxus". These defeated factions aren't just used for cannon fodder, they become respected members of Noxian society, and their traditions and cultures stay alive. If a besieged faction willingly joins Noxus, then there is no reason for them to harbour the Noxians any ill will. If they chose not to join Noxus then they're either morons or Demacians, because that is a death wish. Sharjo's comment above explains it better than I have.
> [{quoted}](name=Epicurus,realm=OCE,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Aqz8LE41,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-17T06:07:32.721+0000) > they're either morons or Demacians So.... Morons.
: Which "Mods" Are allowed?
Riot's system is fairly accurate at this kind of stuff, if you have something that doesn't give you an advantage in game, like custom skins, Riot is likely not going to do anything to you. However, that doesn't mean it's "allowed", it's just not "prohibited". An announcer-voice-change wouldn't technically cause Riot to do anything to your account, but that's assuming this mod you get only does that. Since you didn't create the mod yourself, you can't possibly know for sure if that's really all it does. If this mod does anything else even remotely high profile, Riot's system will flag it and you'll be permabanned. So like NinjaGuy69 said above, you do you, but know the risks of what you're doing and don't cry about losing your account if that's what happens.
Sniperkaj (EUW)
: She needs nerf to a laning phase. She can eat every skillshot, miss her dagger-spin and miss almost all her ult, still get the kill - and this she can do vs a lot of midlaners. Especially {{champion:101}} is pure BS to play into kata.
> [{quoted}](name=Sniperkaj,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ljFk5AVK,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-24T15:15:57.331+0000) > > She needs nerf to a laning phase. She can eat every skillshot, miss her dagger-spin and miss almost all her ult, still get the kill - and this she can do vs a lot of midlaners. Especially {{champion:101}} is pure BS to play into kata. What elo are you that a kat can miss all of that, eat all skillshots and still win the matchup?
Denlee (NA)
: LeBlanc, please!
Personally I agree. Anything that "marks" a target to do more damage with another ability and consume the mark is really unfun to play against, and just not very easy to diversify and balance. It's definitely an old gameplay style choice that was present in a lot of assassins. Akali's Q added a mark where you could auto or E them to consume this mark and deal extra damage. Katarina's Q would mark all the targets and allow her to W them to consume them and deal extra damage. And it was just super difficult to balance and play against. Kat's change was great, and Akali's change to autos only was decent but the mark is still there. Personally I hate that mechanic and I would love to see it reworked on LeBlanc.
NovaDisk (NA)
: Garen is the strongest he's been in quite a while, statistically (But he's still pretty weak)
: @Riot Katarina's Mother
That's a nice catch! So we know she's not dead. Would still be nice to know her name and what her job was. Demacia has the traditional "women stay at home" culture; but given that Noxus is all about strength and that lets someone like Katarina become an assassin, I'm curious to know what her mother did for a living.
Show more

Poro Princess

Level 200 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion