: > [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:55:43.649+0000)Could you explain this more? Being insulting and condescending to other players is not allowed, and that is laid out fairly clearly in the *Terms of Use*. Here's where you were being insulting and condescending: >: poor babys : small minded : YOU ARE A PUSSY THEN : poor babies : stop fucking crying : losers : go fuck yourself ------------------------- > I can believe in my own principles and yet still adhere to a set of rules that I don't agree with. Not saying you can't! I'm saying that this thread shows a lack of openness to the fact that perhaps you are *not* as right in your assessment of the language as you think you are, and it also shows a lack of openness to follow the rules (by circumventing the board filter on number occasions) and to accept that your behavior may not have a place in *League*.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:58:09.282+0000) > > Being insulting and condescending to other players is not allowed, and that is laid out fairly clearly in the *Terms of Use*. Here's where you were being insulting and condescending: > : small minded > : YOU ARE A PUSSY THEN > : poor babies > : stop fucking crying > : losers > : go fuck yourself > > ------------------------- > > Not saying you can't! I'm saying that this thread shows a lack of openness to the fact that perhaps you are *not* as right in your assessment of the language as you think you are, and it also shows a lack of openness to follow the rules (by circumventing the board filter on number occasions) and to accept that your behavior may not have a place in *League*. How are you supposed to know what I said unless I try to circumvent the board filters? Omg I'm trying to be transparent here. The snippet you just took was from after the the other players started berating me with insults, and threatening me with a ban. I was already banned when I said %%%%%% right at the beginning so why does the rest of the conversation matter so much? If someone says the wrong word people are jump on that player, corner them, and try to aggravate them into saying worse things! They play this game a lot so they know what not to say. I barely play this game, and I'm used to games where people are more light-hearted about exchanging competitive insults to the other team. Someone even told me they were going to ban me for using the n-word, which I clearly did not use...
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP MAKING GUN AND SHOOTING REFERNCES?! Why do you think that every point you make should make it seem like I'm a mass murderer with my words. Talk about blowing things out of proportion lol omg!
rujitra (NA)
: You are expected to have self control. Nobody forced you to say what you said. Nobody made you say what you said. Your lack of self control is not anyone else's fault. Further, you are not using the reply feature - it is making the discussion very fragmented here, people are not able to see your new points, and you are making multiple posts when you only need to make one. Please attempt to have a **discussion** - you should spend the time to formulate your thoughts into one coherent reply, then edit that reply if you for some reason think of something else to add. Lastly, there is a language filter for people who do not want to see this chat. There are also bulletproof vests for people who don't want to be shot. It is not an excuse to go around shooting people, and it is not the victim's fault for being subjected to your toxicity.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:55:27.058+0000) > > You are expected to have self control. Nobody forced you to say what you said. Nobody made you say what you said. Your lack of self control is not anyone else's fault. > > Further, you are not using the reply feature - it is making the discussion very fragmented here, people are not able to see your new points, and you are making multiple posts when you only need to make one. Please attempt to have a **discussion** - you should spend the time to formulate your thoughts into one coherent reply, then edit that reply if you for some reason think of something else to add. > > Lastly, there is a language filter for people who do not want to see this chat. There are also bulletproof vests for people who don't want to be shot. It is not an excuse to go around shooting people, and it is not the victim's fault for being subjected to your toxicity. Can you stop making allusions to things that are completely far-fetched? Bulletproof vest = language filter realllly>? WORDS = BULLETS REALLLLYY?!?!??! Wow you have literally no mental toughness if words are bullets. "to not be exposed to cursing, which is otherwise acceptable if used appropriately." In what context and what curses are appropriate for use in league then? I want to know my limitations.
: > [{quoted}](name=PotentVoid,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:46:12.004+0000)That is the most pathetic part of this whole thing; Riot's zero-forgiveness policy for people who make mistakes and are willing to reform. I'm not a Rioter, but this thread has *not* shown a willingness to reform -- it's shown that you believe your behavior was appropriate and should be acceptable simply because you do not *personally* believe the term is hate speech. If your intent was to convey a willingness to reform (and it might have been!), you missed the mark by a wide margin. Even if we disregard that language, however, there are a lot of other behaviors in this log that are very clearly against the rules about insulting and disrespecting other players.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c00000000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:48:23.333+0000) > > I'm not a Rioter, but this thread has *not* shown a willingness to reform -- it's shown that you believe your behavior was appropriate and should be acceptable simply because you do not *personally* believe the term is hate speech. If your intent was to convey a willingness to reform (and it might have been!), you missed the mark by a wide margin. > > Even if we disregard that language, however, there are a lot of other behaviors in this log that are very clearly against the rules about insulting and disrespecting other players. Even if we disregard that language, however, there are a lot of other behaviors in this log that are very clearly against the rules about insulting and disrespecting other players. Could you explain this more? I can believe in my own principles and yet still adhere to a set of rules that I don't agree with. Don't we have to do that every day to exist in 'society'?
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
with no list people are bound to fuck up
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
So if I said your champion is annoying? Is that gonna make you cry too?
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
Why is there a language filter?
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
I'm not even mad that I got banned because of the language thing. I can accept that. I can deal with it. My trouble lies in the fact that the guy who reported me purposefully aggrevated the situation to try to incite med to say more things wrong. There are people out there taking advantage of the ban bot. I literally tried to explain that i was trying to not be offensive and the guy was being WAY more of an asshole than me. Guaranteed he didn't get banned.
: I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're legitimately confused. I'll also disregard the other problematic behavior and focus just on the words in question. >If you look at the dictionary definition it actually means that something is a drag or a pain in the ass, a toil. This is because dictionaries do not always include hate speech, as it's both slang *and* extremely offensive. If that dictionary definition were acceptable in *League* (which it is not), it would need to be in the context of discussing a tiring or unwelcome task. Calling Malzahar "a [redacted] champion" does not fit that so even if there were a usage which was acceptable in *League* (which, again, there is not) your usage would have been inappropriate. The entomology of the word as an insult is less clear, so it's not safe to say it came from that definition. The longer form of that word was used as an insult to older women as far back as the 16th century, but other origins of the modern use of the insult have been suggested. In either case, the common use of the term as hate speech has rendered other uses largely archaic. Additionally, the word used to describe an unwelcome task (the short form of the insult in question) has no documented relation to the long form of the insult, making a stronger case for other entomological evolutions. ------------------------------------------ The above is all for your own education, if you were interested. The simpler point is that **Riot makes the rules for what behavior is acceptable in their game, and this behavior has been deemed unacceptable**. You can accept that and adjust your behavior, continue your behavior and end up permanently banned, or find another game. This is not a policy that is going to change.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:40:13.199+0000) > > I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you're legitimately confused. I'll also disregard the other problematic behavior and focus just on the words in question. > > This is because dictionaries do not always include hate speech, as it's both slang *and* extremely offensive. If that dictionary definition were acceptable in *League* (which it is not), it would need to be in the context of discussing a tiring or unwelcome task. Calling Malzahar "a [redacted] champion" does not fit that so even if there were a usage which was acceptable in *League* (which, again, there is not) your usage would have been inappropriate. > > The entomology of the word as an insult is less clear, so it's not safe to say it came from that definition. The longer form of that word was used as an insult to older women as far back as the 16th century, but other origins of the modern use of the insult have been suggested. In either case, the common use of the term as hate speech has rendered other uses largely archaic. Additionally, the word used to describe an unwelcome task (the short form of the insult in question) has no documented relation to the long form of the insult, making a stronger case for other entomological evolutions. > > ------------------------------------------ > > The above is all for your own education, if you were interested. The simpler point is that **Riot makes the rules for what behavior is acceptable in their game, and this behavior has been deemed unacceptable**. You can accept that and adjust your behavior, continue your behavior and end up permanently banned, or find another game. This is not a policy that is going to change. I now understand that League has a strict list of language that is not allowed to be used. Literally the only wasy to find out what you can't say is to say it and get banned because you won't tell us what is allowed. Why is it not negotiable? What kind of justice is that? I literally offered to not talk like that anymore and even disable cross-team chat to avoid flaming if my ban was lifted. The mod completely ignored that. Why would this not be negotiable if this is the first time I've reached out to you guys ? That is the most pathetic part of this whole thing; Riot's zero-forgiveness policy for people who make mistakes and are willing to reform.
rujitra (NA)
: What you "prefer" does not mean that it is what society has made acceptable. If I "prefer" to murder people for fun, that doesn't make it okay.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4gpU7LUH,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-08-21T16:41:24.364+0000) > > What you "prefer" does not mean that it is what society has made acceptable. > > If I "prefer" to murder people for fun, that doesn't make it okay. why would someone prefer to murder people for fun, that is fucked up.. And probably irrelevant. are you saying that calling someone a [removed by moderation] is similarily as bad as murder XD
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
ya but guess who is defining society's rules lol...
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
I prefer to use the word awful to describe something full of awe.
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
I honestly don't give a fuck if some weak minded fools are offended by what I said. I know where I stand. I could be ripping on gay people because I think being gay is fucked up, BUT I DONT! So don't take my words out of context to support your self-induced inferiority complexes.
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
It's like the word tax. You know that word as the government taking money to use on shit like the military. But a tax is also defined as a 'burdonsome demand'. When I say "Malzzahar is a [removed by moderation]". I literally mean that he's a drag, pain in the ass, toil. Annoyance. Fucking harley rider. And I never called the player any insults. I think Riot got hurt because Malzahar is their baby.
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
Go read the god damn fucking etymology of the word [removed by moderation]
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
Having a robot ban people is a pathetic excuse for 'justice'
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
Which word. [removed by moderation]? [removed by moderation] isn't homophobic hatespeech unless used in that context. That is the ENTIRE point of this thread
: Which Word Did I Get Banned For Saying?
which word is hate speech , please identify for me The mod wouldnt do that.
Rioter Comments

PotentVoid

Level 52 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion