Rioter Comments
: HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH! I do hope you see the irony that's slamming you in the face with a baseball bat in your statement. Aatrox and Urgot are LITERAL EXAMPLES of exactly what you're asking for.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cnB44suE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-12T21:12:10.599+0000) > > HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH! > > I do hope you see the irony that's slamming you in the face with a baseball bat in your statement. Aatrox and Urgot are LITERAL EXAMPLES of exactly what you're asking for. Are they though? Yeah, they get attention, alot of it. For a reason that they are incredibly powerful and dominate over most everything else. My point is that if other champions were to receive the same treatment, people would play them more and Riot would invest in making more skins for them.
: you have some 140+ champions if a game was to take on average 30 minutes to complete 10 minutes to get into it would take 40 minutes to play a champion 140 champions *40min that would be 93~ hours close to 4 days of full gameplay to play each champion once would you really enjoy your time by playing each champion once? would you have the time? do you have the resources to purchase every champion would you enjoy every champion? if you like champions like irelia and akali and yasuo why would you pick shen? if you like champions like karthus why would you pick yasuo? not every champion is supposed to be played by everyone riot making yorick 100% win rate will not make everyone play yorick because he is fun they will only pick him because he would win them the game or everyone will ban him and he will never be played champion balance eludes you especially when you can't even begin to grasp the complexity of it
> [{quoted}](name=Ornndyr2k19,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cnB44suE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-12T20:51:14.801+0000) > > you have some 140+ champions > if a game was to take on average 30 minutes to complete > 10 minutes to get into > it would take 40 minutes to play a champion > 140 champions *40min > that would be 93~ hours > close to 4 days of full gameplay > to play each champion once > > would you really enjoy your time by playing each champion once? > would you have the time? > do you have the resources to purchase every champion > would you enjoy every champion? > if you like champions like irelia and akali and yasuo why would you pick shen? > if you like champions like karthus why would you pick yasuo? > > > not every champion is supposed to be played by everyone > riot making yorick 100% win rate will not make everyone play yorick because he is fun > they will only pick him because he would win them the game > or everyone will ban him and he will never be played > > champion balance eludes you especially when you can't even begin to grasp the complexity of it Okay, but I think it definitely says something when you see the same champions like Yasuo and Yorick played every other game and never see a Maokai until the night of a blue moon. So yeah, making more champions more fun and with actual win potential like Yorick and Yasuo's kits (which are entirely different) it would make others more appealing.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: But that is threading a very thin line. Give someone with good target access enough damage to quickly and reliably burst someone down when out of position and what's to guarantee they won't be able to do the same to a target protected by their team? There are several ways* this was dealt with in the past: 1.) Delayed/staggered damage. Zed and Akali fit here and reworked LB did as well. If you can do 100% of someone's HP after 2 seconds then they are all but doomed if caught out, but if you try to pick on them while they're protected by teammates then said teammates have 2 seconds to throw a wrench into your plans. A decent way to incorporate an assassin since you are able to kill an isolated target easily but one in a good position, not so much. 2.) Give them something to contribute with outside of deleting someone. A good solution since it also reduces the feast/famine factor of assassins, though one might argue it defeats the point of an assassin. Pyke, Ekko and LB to an extent belong here with their utility. 3.) Unique gimmicks. Isolation mechanic found on Kha'zix which guarantees that he will deal less damage on a well-protected target than he will on someone caught out is an example. This is the best solution, but also time and resource costly for Riot as it requires tinkering with on an individual basis. Of course, one big problem is that vast majority of the above is rendered null and void by damage creep. It doesn't matter that, say, Zed or Kha have what is supposed to be limitations built into their kit when they simply have enough damage to kill quickly and reliably in spite of said limitations. IMO reworked LeBlanc was much better than current one. She had a mix of points 1 and 2, plus Shadow of the Rose was a super-unique skill and it's sad to see it go.
> [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P1UqLgrK,comment-id=000100000001,timestamp=2019-04-27T19:24:30.962+0000) > > But that is threading a very thin line. Give someone with good target access enough damage to quickly and reliably burst someone down when out of position and what's to guarantee they won't be able to do the same to a target protected by their team? There are several ways* this was dealt with in the past: > > 1.) Delayed/staggered damage. Zed and Akali fit here and reworked LB did as well. If you can do 100% of someone's HP after 2 seconds then they are all but doomed if caught out, but if you try to pick on them while they're protected by teammates then said teammates have 2 seconds to throw a wrench into your plans. A decent way to incorporate an assassin since you are able to kill an isolated target easily but one in a good position, not so much. > > 2.) Give them something to contribute with outside of deleting someone. A good solution since it also reduces the feast/famine factor of assassins, though one might argue it defeats the point of an assassin. Pyke, Ekko and LB to an extent belong here with their utility. > > 3.) Unique gimmicks. Isolation mechanic found on Kha'zix which guarantees that he will deal less damage on a well-protected target than he will on someone caught out is an example. This is the best solution, but also time and resource costly for Riot as it requires tinkering with on an individual basis. > > Of course, one big problem is that vast majority of the above is rendered null and void by damage creep. It doesn't matter that, say, Zed or Kha have what is supposed to be limitations built into their kit when they simply have enough damage to kill quickly and reliably in spite of said limitations. IMO reworked LeBlanc was much better than current one. She had a mix of points 1 and 2, plus Shadow of the Rose was a super-unique skill and it's sad to see it go. YES I loved rework LeBlanc. The RR really made it feel deceiving and she felt very complex (and rewarding). I agree with what you are saying btw.
: I feel like assassins are definitely PvP viable...but not as much with this game as compared to others. In all these "single player stealth titles" they're powerful for setting up ambushes and choke points. In RPG games with PvP elements, they're powerful in that they can do exactly as you described - go behind enemy lines and take out a mispositioned target before disappearing back into the shadows. In MOBAs...they're pretty much just powerful, usually mobile bursty characters. If you make them too powerful, you can't really play the game unless youre playing as an assassin. If you don't make them strong enough, they don't really do anything I can't do from simply playing a control mage. As far as LB personally, she *needed* the hit to her Q - the point and click was too strong. The E is a skillshot, and you should be rewarded for it. If anything, they'd put her damage on her W or E (probably her E) if they gave it back to her, but in this current iteration, people have been complaining HARDCORE about damage, on multiple champions and archetypes (INCLUDING TANKS!) and we're in a position where Riot is trying to calm the game down to the point where it feels like you need *some* skill again to accomplish these flashy kills. If she needs the damage put back, they'll get there eventually. Right now, I would *strongly* suggest they be taking a look at Vayne, Riven, and possibly Lux...and giving us our metal-man rework!
> [{quoted}](name=ChaosReyn,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P1UqLgrK,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-27T19:19:35.621+0000) > > I feel like assassins are definitely PvP viable...but not as much with this game as compared to others. > > In all these "single player stealth titles" they're powerful for setting up ambushes and choke points. > In RPG games with PvP elements, they're powerful in that they can do exactly as you described - go behind enemy lines and take out a mispositioned target before disappearing back into the shadows. > In MOBAs...they're pretty much just powerful, usually mobile bursty characters. If you make them too powerful, you can't really play the game unless youre playing as an assassin. If you don't make them strong enough, they don't really do anything I can't do from simply playing a control mage. > > As far as LB personally, she *needed* the hit to her Q - the point and click was too strong. The E is a skillshot, and you should be rewarded for it. If anything, they'd put her damage on her W or E (probably her E) if they gave it back to her, but in this current iteration, people have been complaining HARDCORE about damage, on multiple champions and archetypes (INCLUDING TANKS!) and we're in a position where Riot is trying to calm the game down to the point where it feels like you need *some* skill again to accomplish these flashy kills. > > If she needs the damage put back, they'll get there eventually. Right now, I would *strongly* suggest they be taking a look at Vayne, Riven, and possibly Lux...and giving us our metal-man rework! I agree with you!
: "Assassinating" as it is usually defined shouldn't be a part of a PvP game. Period. Leave the "get in, kill someone in a second, get out before anyone can react" gameplay for Dishonored and the rest of singleplayer stealth titles. What assassins should do is finish off weakened targets or look for those out of position. No one likes playing against LeBlanc who just dashes in from a screen away, deletes someone with a point-and-click combo and gets out instantly. Not even the best players the game has to offer as LB was a highly contested pro pick several times during her existence.
> [{quoted}](name=Weiss Guertena,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=P1UqLgrK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-27T18:48:33.067+0000) > > "Assassinating" as it is usually defined shouldn't be a part of a PvP game. Period. Leave the "get in, kill someone in a second, get out before anyone can react" gameplay for Dishonored and the rest of singleplayer stealth titles. > > What assassins should do is finish off weakened targets or look for those out of position. No one likes playing against LeBlanc who just dashes in from a screen away, deletes someone with a point-and-click combo and gets out instantly. Not even the best players the game has to offer as LB was a highly contested pro pick several times during her existence. I don't disagree with you, but if someone is out of position so to say, and you go in on them and she doesn't have the necessary damage to handle them on her own it is a bit awful don't you think? Especially if said champion is supposed to be "squishy" and susceptible to damage that occurs fast. The idea of an assassin to me is to be able to sneak to the backline, take out the threat (adc mostly), and get out so their team can go in while their cds are up. It is up to supports (enchanters and wardens alike) to peel for their adc and stay with them to stop assassins from using their burst with shields and cc of their own. Every class has a role and I feel like assassins do belong in PvP.
Rioter Comments
: My Thoughts On Yuumi As An Enchanter Main
Is {{champion:432}} not an enchanter?
BigFBear (EUW)
: To everyone who says there's no elo hell and matchmaking is fine:
When will idiots realize that bad matchmaking also factors in that low elo players face smurfs like this.
Moody P (NA)
: Conqueror isn't stifling tanks because of the damage but because it lets its users drain tank through tank early game dmg Riven can now win tank lanes she's supposed to get shit on in like Malphite because of the healing factor
> [{quoted}](name=Moody P,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pskpm5BE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-16T21:59:28.715+0000) > > Conqueror isn't stifling tanks because of the damage but because it lets its users drain tank through tank early game dmg > > Riven can now win tank lanes she's supposed to get shit on in like Malphite because of the healing factor I feel as if Riven's absurd amount of damage, cc, shields, and dashes are more of an issue than the 10% leeching heals on her attacks. I agree the healing is annoying but I feel as if the true damage taking away the resistances tanks build is the real problem. Tanks can't even surpass her now because they are "shit on" for even trying to duel her.
: Don't forget Vayne deals 15% of your max HP every other auto as true damage while having an AD/MS steroid that lets her invis every 2 seconds. imagine trying to even zone that as a tank. You cant you literally just die. doesnt matter if shes 0-10 or 10-0 vayne past 20 mins is an absolute migraine inducer. I just hope for the love of god they revert the ult buff and nerf W.
> [{quoted}](name=MadMudkiip,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pskpm5BE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-16T21:57:53.618+0000) > > Don't forget Vayne deals 15% of your max HP every other auto as true damage while having an AD/MS steroid that lets her invis every 2 seconds. imagine trying to even zone that as a tank. You cant you literally just die. doesnt matter if shes 0-10 or 10-0 vayne past 20 mins is an absolute migraine inducer. I just hope for the love of god they revert the ult buff and nerf W. I didn't include Vayne because I was originally going to say that was just part of her kit like the others like Fiora/Camille. Vayne has an unnecessary ult buff and I believe if they reverted it, she would drop down again. I hope anyway.
Saianna (EUNE)
: > Honestly before Conqueror came out it felt as if true damage was a rare, hard-to-work for damage type really only achieved by building full penetration items. Tbh the issue with true damage becoming common started with champions getting it as basic abilities in their kits like Irelia/reworked-Yi/Vayne, anything beyond that was only adding to the problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Saianna,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=pskpm5BE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-16T21:53:31.655+0000) > > Tbh the issue with true damage becoming common started with champions getting it as basic abilities in their kits like reworked Yi/Irelia/Vayne, anything beyond that was only adding to the problem. When did rework Irelia have true damage? I must've missed that. But I agree. Idk why on-hit champions get that sort of stuff just for right clicking.
Rioter Comments
Warpes (NA)
: Is there an actual, legitimate reason that hecarim hasn't been nerfed yet?..
I think maybe because they fixed a bug on him that made him work as really intended with the power ramp up, and nerfing it would force them to admit they messed up. But I don't think it is Hecarim as much as it is Conqueror. It gives him too much unnecessary healing and true damage. And if you think about it, after his E dash-in he has a hard time sticking to enemies to use his Q, unless R is up. But if you take the runes he used before Conqueror rework (Predator), it seems as if he doesn't do nearly as well, especially compared to much more horrible atrocities that need a nerf in this game. {{champion:92}} {{champion:24}}
: Thanks I build it every time now, I am a new player and it is hard figuring out all the items, and situations you would need them. Thanks Op
> [{quoted}](name=MrMashpotatohead,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R15ivKnj,comment-id=0014,timestamp=2019-03-25T04:38:07.210+0000) > > Thanks I build it every time now, I am a new player and it is hard figuring out all the items, and situations you would need them. > > > Thanks Op Glad I helped!
: Wait, wait. Hold up. People buy Triforce AND cleaver in your games? I don't even see the occasional bronze or Iron player in my team build that. Then again I've seen plenty of Plat Ezreals buy Triforce Gauntlet... In my ranked games. :) Some even argued it's good. :))))))) (Yes, we lost. Every time.)
> [{quoted}](name=Always angry tbh,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R15ivKnj,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2019-03-24T22:54:42.708+0000) > > Wait, wait. Hold up. People buy Triforce AND cleaver in your games? I don't even see the occasional bronze or Iron player in my team build that. Then again I've seen plenty of Plat Ezreals buy Triforce Gauntlet... In my ranked games. :) Some even argued it's good. :))))))) (Yes, we lost. Every time.) The Vi in this particular game built both Triforce and Cleaver. When I play Vi I take Triforce because she makes great use of the passive and her W already shreds armor, plus she uses alot of empowered autos so she hits harder with it. But never both. I've seen many people do this. I'm in Silver if that helps. Was gold last season.
mosaickle (OCE)
: (psst or Morellonomicon if you yourself is AP)
> [{quoted}](name=Jinto,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R15ivKnj,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-03-24T20:51:50.992+0000) > > (psst or Morellonomicon if you yourself is AP) (I was AP, and I said I bought it.) I normally see AP users with it so I didn't mention.
Cheini (EUNE)
: ..or don't flame supp when they pick Ashe, ty!
> [{quoted}](name=Cheini,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=R15ivKnj,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-24T17:10:38.014+0000) > > ..or don't flame supp when they pick Ashe, ty! I have never flamed anyone for who they choose or question it, and that is so irrelevant to this...
Rioter Comments
Sirsir (NA)
: I feel like they could have nerfed her pushing power without a straight revert
> [{quoted}](name=Sirsir,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UVWYRTrQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-16T21:06:43.014+0000) > > I feel like they could have nerfed her pushing power without a straight revert Yeah...I really do not like the reverted version. I may have a bias because I played the rework first, but idk.
Rioter Comments
: Is Yorick gay?
No, he is in love with a fair Maiden.
: Agree. I'm not even sure the should have changed it in the first place. I can't imagine a top lane spell theif was unable to be countered. However, if it was the case then I understand. I think it was a cool idea that had the opportunity to change how the lane is played. And let players come up with a way to counter it. I get the feeling that they never considered people may try that and once they did, Riot seemed miffed that they tried. I mean it's what is cool (for me) about this game. The opportunity to find an alternate way to win given the tools available. I'd like to know if Riot wants us to come up with cool alternate builds and strategies, or do the just want us to play a meta defined by them. It seems a bit dishonest to tell the player base to "Play your way, except for this, oh and this, and that too." Also, while I like the pro scene I'm quite tired of champs, builds and strats being patched out based on pro play. It wouldn't bother me in the least if they handled the pros different from the rest of gigantic player base.
> [{quoted}](name=La Belle Sauvage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HO5H9c5E,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-19T18:04:37.520+0000) > > Agree. I'm not even sure the should have changed it in the first place. I can't imagine a top lane spell their was unable to bring countered. However, if it was the case then I understand. > > I think it was a cool idea that had the opportunity to change how the lane is played. And let players come up with a way to counter it. > > > I get the feeling that they never considered people may try that and once they did, Riot seemed miffed that they tried. I mean it's what is cool (for me) about this game. The opportunity to find an alternate way to win given the tools available. > > I'd like to know if Riot wants us to come up with cool alternate builds and strategies, or do the just want us to play a meta defined by them. > > It seems a bit dishonest to tell the player base to > "Play your way, except for this, oh and this, and that too." > > > Also, while I like the pro scene I'm quite tired of champs, builds and strats being patched out based on pro play. > > It wouldn't bother me in the least if they handled the pros different from the rest of gigantic player base. Right? I agree. They want to utilize creativity with things like the new runes but they gut every new thing that works. Cassiopeia was my favorite champion and then when pros began doing Arcane Comet and everyone started to abuse her, she gets nerfed three patches in a row. It sucks tbh.
: i mean if that is the case then I feel as if you are setting yourself behind. I almost never have that issue unless I'm not in lane or not making plays or just dying nonstop. I almost always get tier 2 boots, tier 2 support item, and at least one or two components of my first item by the time my team has 1.5 items.
> [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HO5H9c5E,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-02-19T17:45:26.668+0000) > > i mean if that is the case then I feel as if you are setting yourself behind. I almost never have that issue unless I'm not in lane or not making plays or just dying nonstop. I almost always get tier 2 boots, tier 2 support item, and at least one or two components of my first item by the time my team has 1.5 items. Good for you?
: I feel like everyone who thinks this didn't play back in season 3. Gold for supports was practically none existent back then and it is so much better now. I think what I see supports average in gold is fine currently.
> [{quoted}](name=Frosted Tips,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=HO5H9c5E,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-19T17:32:40.282+0000) > > I feel like everyone who thinks this didn't play back in season 3. Gold for supports was practically none existent back then and it is so much better now. I think what I see supports average in gold is fine currently. Okay that's cute and all but unfortunately I'm not from season 3 and as you can tell the game has changed loads since then. I'm not used to not being able to buy my items when I should have at least one by the time everyone else has two and some boots, especially considering support items tend to be much cheaper.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Lyxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f7o8t5Fj,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-02-15T00:57:29.402+0000) > > Why couldn't you do it in normal draft mode, bots mode, or practice tool which are actual game modes provided to practice and go stress free. Normals* not ranked. It really ruins it for the rest of us who can't play against you. You are right it won't affect YOU too much. But it does the rest of us. because normals is a terrible place to practice the game as a whole UNLESS everyone on the enemy team is playing their main. its good for starting out your own champions mechanics, but not much else. ranked is the only place you can pretty much garuntee that everyone is mechanically sufficient on their champion with non troll builds as well as actually having a play to win mindset.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f7o8t5Fj,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-02-15T01:01:30.603+0000) > > because normals is a terrible place to practice the game as a whole UNLESS everyone on the enemy team is playing their main. its good for starting out your own champions mechanics, but not much else. > > ranked is the only place you can pretty much garuntee that everyone is mechanically sufficient on their champion with non troll builds as well as actually having a play to win mindset. You just contradicted yourself, because if you wanted to practice and play without stress why would you want to play with "mechanically sufficient" players? If that's the case why not do it on your main account? And then again, there is practice mode. You can even practice against friends in custom games. And most times in normals people will play things that aren't troll, 9 times out of 10. In a ranked game I had a Miss Fortune top running ghost and cleanse. That was trolling in ranked. Ranked or not you get trolls but at least in normals you aren't ruining it for those who actually want to rank up. Why do people like you just think about yourselves?
: i did it to get me to grow some balls and play ranked to begin with. going in on a smurf account and playing realizing it wont affect you too much is great for stress free practice. ranked anxiety and whatnot.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f7o8t5Fj,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-02-15T00:52:18.956+0000) > > i did it to get me to grow some balls and play ranked to begin with. > > going in on a smurf account and playing realizing it wont affect you too much is great for stress free practice. Why couldn't you do it in normal draft mode, bots mode, or practice tool which are actual game modes provided to practice and go stress free. Normals* not ranked. It really ruins it for the rest of us who can't play against you. You are right it won't affect YOU too much. But it does the rest of us.
: Yeah it is the worst. I know a lot of streamers do it for entertainment purposes, cuz it is funny or they are making a Iron to masters series or something. Also Riot is forcing the situation. Lets say you want a second account just to play without the stress on your main account or to practice other champions (2 reasons that I think are legit), well now in S9 all accounts that have not played ranked before will always place in Iron, even if your MMR is super high, this is silly to me, but not really the players fault.
> [{quoted}](name=Dweeebles,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=f7o8t5Fj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-15T00:46:43.089+0000) > > Yeah it is the worst. I know a lot of streamers do it for entertainment purposes, cuz it is funny or they are making a Iron to masters series or something. Also Riot is forcing the situation. Lets say you want a second account just to play without the stress on your main account or to practice other champions (2 reasons that I think are legit), well now in S9 all accounts that have not played ranked before will always place in Iron, even if your MMR is super high, this is silly to me, but not really the players fault. I disagree. If someone wanted to practice other champions or play without stress, they can play in normals, not ranked, or even the bot mode or the practice tool which are given to them for a reason. Doing it in ranked where people are trying to improve their ranks is not rhe place. And true that is not the players' fault, Riot is to blame for that one and they seriously should look into it.
Rioter Comments
: Irelia, Aatrox, Akali.. all being gutted for pro play.
Pretty sure they got nerfed because it is what people have been arguing as unhealthy ever since their reworks have come in. Very mobile, lots of cc, sustain and damage, and tankiness for Irelia and Aatrox. They were annoying to face.
: Riot will arbitrarily ban your account.
Ugh stop crying...you made a pretty bad decision by complaining to Riot about the type of punishment you received. The moral of the lesson is to just keep your mouth shut, both in game and out. The fact you got that far in punishments and want to assign blame on Riot just reassures us that a toxic player is out of the game. If you don't care about voicing your opinion in game to others then don't be upset when they do something about it.
: Neeko copies peoples physical bodies. Not magic... so how would it fit?
> [{quoted}](name=Hethalean,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EgXyZ1Lq,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-01-27T22:47:56.800+0000) > > Neeko copies peoples physical bodies. Not magic... so how would it fit? I guess that also makes sense now that you say it. Idk. I just felt like they could had gone farther with her concept if she could have had the ult steal.
: On the outset id agree with you but silas's power to copy the magic of others was pretty baked into his lore in that short story since before he was announced. I also think neekos ult's effect of ensnaring foes would be poetic for sylas considering it's sylas who was ensnared. I also think neekos ult is not exactly solid in her theme but they are what they are i guess.
> [{quoted}](name=JarodDempsey,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EgXyZ1Lq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-27T21:51:41.988+0000) > > On the outset id agree with you but silas's power to copy the magic of others was pretty baked into his lore in that short story since before he was announced. I also think neekos ult's effect of ensnaring foes would be poetic for sylas considering it's sylas who was ensnared. I also think neekos ult is not exactly solid in her theme but they are what they are i guess. Yup :) It is what it is.
mosaickle (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lyxx,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EgXyZ1Lq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-01-27T21:47:26.913+0000) > > I understand Neeko can only change form of her allies but honestly if she could have changed her form with her W to be anyone it could help her roams much better as _**she could pretend to be her enemy coming to help. **_ Team vision.
> [{quoted}](name=Jinto,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EgXyZ1Lq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-27T21:52:58.390+0000) > > Team vision. True, it was just a thought that had occurred to me. :)
Rioter Comments
King Lego (EUNE)
: Hmm.... My counter argument would be is that i think the ADC class is specifically designed to shred through tanks while the mage class are meant to shred through squishees. I mean if there was more magic pen items, i think the mage class would be unfairly busted since they can melt both tanks and squishees alike without the need to build AP much. I am however, a {{champion:161}} main. So i don't really know what magic resist means. For obvious reasons.
> [{quoted}](name=King Lego,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:48:46.103+0000) > > Hmm.... > My counter argument would be is that i think the ADC class is specifically designed to shred through tanks while the mage class are meant to shred through squishees. I mean if there was more magic pen items, i think the mage class would be unfairly busted since they can melt both tanks and squishees alike without the need to build AP much. > > I am however, a {{champion:161}} main. So i don't really know what magic resist means. For obvious reasons. Makes sense
: > [{quoted}](name=Ellamayne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:52:17.218+0000) > > So you feel as though even though AP champions are forced to build into offensive boots {{item:3020}} and only one flat MR item {{item:3165}} and one percentage MRnitem {{item:3135}}, that it isn't enough for {{item:3147}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3071}} ? Mope, because the amount of Mr in the game is lower than the amount of armor. The only time the trifecta of magic pen is not enough are cases like halo who has a huge amount of mr. In this case it's perfectly fine because he is meant to specifically mitigate magic damage. If someone has 100mr, which means some Mr building and you have the trifecta. Then you drop them to 60 before flat pen. Afterwards they drop to 37. If you have a dash it drops to 26 mr. So it's enough to deal with everything below a magic tank which is perfectly balanced. The only issue is a lack of hp percentage damage item for magic users besides liandry.
> [{quoted}](name=Bears Dont Care,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T23:50:42.684+0000) > > Mope, because the amount of Mr in the game is lower than the amount of armor. > The only time the trifecta of magic pen is not enough are cases like halo who has a huge amount of mr. In this case it's perfectly fine because he is meant to specifically mitigate magic damage. > > If someone has 100mr, which means some Mr building and you have the trifecta. > Then you drop them to 60 before flat pen. > Afterwards they drop to 37. > If you have a dash it drops to 26 mr. > > So it's enough to deal with everything below a magic tank which is perfectly balanced. > > The only issue is a lack of hp percentage damage item for magic users besides liandry. I see what you mean
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=WhoIsThisDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=000200010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:31:02.216+0000) > > so to prove how many more armor items than MR ones you list....... 3 items that also give MR > > # LMAO > > Next time try not to get salty for being called out on basic facts that it would have taken you 2 minutes to look up then try to deny outright facts. Anywho, enjoy this dumpsterfire of a thread getting downvoted into the dirt where it belongs. Try basic fact checking next time. > > See ya! {{sticker:poppy-wink}} So wise guy can you list pure magic resistance items without armor and health that aren't in my thread? I'll wait.
: And **_I_** said that my comment concerning Wit's End was not directed at you or your post. Which you promptly ignored.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=0000000000010000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:22:51.747+0000) > > And **_I_** said that my comment concerning Wit's End was not directed at you or your post. Which you promptly ignored. It was relevant to my thread, so I replied.
: "Nobody agrees with me, they must all be stupid." I don't have to accept Validity that isn't there.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:03:25.769+0000) > > "Nobody agrees with me, they must all be stupid." > > I don't have to accept Validity that isn't there. And again, no mage buys Wits End because they value ability power, not attack speed. They rely SOLELY on abilities 90% of the time.
: "Nobody agrees with me, they must all be stupid." I don't have to accept Validity that isn't there.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=00000000000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:03:25.769+0000) > > "Nobody agrees with me, they must all be stupid." > > I don't have to accept Validity that isn't there. Okay but I used actual facts that are there...you are speaking out of your brain. How is wits end in any way related to black cleaver? Again. Black Cleaver uses autos and abilities to reduce PERCENTAGE armor, gives cdr and health and attack damage and movement speed after autos. Wits End is just atk speed and magic resist and with its passive it reduces BASE magic resistance not percentage. So it won't matter if someone has 200 magic resist. Please...use some logic...
: Who gives af about pure armor items when HP is such a better stat? I can't even remember the last time I saw someone build {{item:3110}} or the last time I saw {{item:3025}} on anyone besides {{champion:81}} {{champion:112}}. Because stacking straight resistances is trash and HP is by far a better stat than both MR and Armor. Damn dude just admit these were key factors you failed to consider instead of blindly disagreeing with anyone because they don't agree with your thread. You're literally trying to say straight up facts that anyone can look up easily aren't true just so you can insist your thread is right lmao.
> [{quoted}](name=WhoIsThisDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=00020001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:55:21.087+0000) > > Who gives af about pure armor items when HP is such a better stat? I can't even remember the last time I saw someone build {{item:3110}} or the last time I saw {{item:3025}} on anyone besides {{champion:81}} {{champion:112}}. Because stacking straight resistances is trash and HP is by far a better stat than both MR and Armor. > > Damn dude just admit these were key factors you failed to consider instead of blindly disagreeing with anyone because they don't agree with your thread. You're literally trying to say straight up facts that anyone can look up easily aren't true just so you can insist your thread is right lmao. Um...I actually DID use a source for my information. And I DO rush {{item:3025}} on Taric and just because YOU don't see it doesn't mean champions don't. You singled out TWO items, "dude" out of a whole bunch that offer armor without health. You just want to sound right when you sound like an ignorant idiot. Again, read my post THOROUGHLY before trying to make a valid statement or gtfo with your biased beliefs.
: I would argue the only issue is how a 450 gold mr defense item, is only countered by a 2k plus item for magic pen. In terms of magic pen, it a not really an issue where there is not enough.
> [{quoted}](name=Bears Dont Care,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:49:33.601+0000) > > I would argue the only issue is how a 450 gold mr defense item, is only countered by a 2k plus item for magic pen. > > In terms of magic pen, it a not really an issue where there is not enough. So you feel as though even though AP champions are forced to build into offensive boots {{item:3020}} and only one flat MR item {{item:3165}} and one percentage MRnitem {{item:3135}}, that it isn't enough for {{item:3147}} {{item:3142}} {{item:3814}} {{item:3036}} {{item:3033}} {{item:3071}} ?
: > It isn't anywhere near twice as much _**Yes it is**_ The lowest normal base MR (excluding Ori) at level 18 is 38.5. The lowest normal base armors (excluding Ori and Thresh) at level 18 is 70. Hmmmmm pretty damn near double. Meanwhile the highest base MRs are about 53 while the highest base armors are about 110. Like why would you attempt to argue against a fact that is so easy to look up? Just because it doesn't line up with your thread? Lmao
> [{quoted}](name=WhoIsThisDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=000200010000,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:41:52.792+0000) > > _**Yes it is**_ > > The lowest normal base MR (excluding Ori) at level 18 is 38.5. The lowest normal base armors (excluding Ori and Thresh) at level 18 is 70. Hmmmmm pretty damn near double. Meanwhile the highest base MRs are about 53 while the highest base armors are about 110. > > Like why would you attempt to argue against a fact that is so easy to look up? Just because it doesn't line up with your thread? Lmao And do you ever think to account for the many armor items that exist versus magic resistance items? There are more pure armor items than magic resistance. So it technically evens out. Sudden Impact even provides LESS lethality than magic resistance. So it does work out and it doesn't have anything to do with my thread :)
: Stop being insulting simply because you're repeating a debunked argument that's been made 200 times over the years.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:38:11.315+0000) > > Stop being insulting simply because you&#x27;re repeating a debunked argument that&#x27;s been made 200 times over the years. I am simply stating the facts which in your case you haven't stated one nor read anything in the post evidently because I already spoke about what you are attempting to argue for. <Removed by Moderation>
: If a Trist builds like that, the assassin murders her and moves in. Because it CAN happen, doesn't mean it actually works. {{champion:99}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3147}} Happens too, doesn't make the arguement that Lux passive is OP.
> [{quoted}](name=Cats Are Food,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:35:16.048+0000) > > If a Trist builds like that, the assassin murders her and moves in. > > Because it CAN happen, doesn&#x27;t mean it actually works. > > {{champion:99}} {{item:3087}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3100}} {{item:3006}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3147}} > Happens too, doesn&#x27;t make the arguement that Lux passive is OP. You do realize Lux's passive scales with AP and she needs to use an ability to use it? Without abilities she does no damage and doesn't scale with damage. With your logic any ranged champion can do that. An assassin like LeBlanc can't damage Trist with all that magic resistance. Be honest for five seconds.
: ITT: OP fails to realize champs have about twie as much base MR as base armor, that lethality is gated by level, and that {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} is not a valid comparison to completed items. How OP do you want flat magic pen to be exactly? Mages already do basically true damage for 2600g
> [{quoted}](name=WhoIsThisDude,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jnTY15kO,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-12-22T20:29:02.524+0000) > > ITT: OP fails to realize champs have about twie as much base MR as base armor, that lethality is gated by level, and that {{item:3916}} {{item:3020}} is not a valid comparison to completed items. How OP do you want flat magic pen to be exactly? Mages already do basically true damage for 2600g It isn't anywhere near twice as much. I assume you also didn't read the post. Look at the items, champions, and what they do. Lethality gets stronger with level, has more items, and an armor shredding option and % option. Let's get real here. What mage does true damage that physical champions can't with {{item:3033}} {{item:3036}} ? It is the same effect as {{item:3135}} if you have no MR.
Show more

Princess Honey

Level 265 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion