: > [{quoted}](name=ArfBarkBoof,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=F44YM60V,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-08T01:32:35.923+0000) > > You know what that isn't half bad. Yeah, there's the fact that it'd possibly be _too_ good with Demolish and Overgrowth, but it makes more sense that as a rune that's supposed to be more towards a CC heavy character ala {{champion:154}} {{champion:113}} {{champion:516}} it works pretty well if it scales off health. I don't think so. {{item:3151}} {{item:3165}} and {{item:3152}} are good ap items, yet they provide quite a bit of health. If it was buffed to scale with health, it would make it even stronger for the mages that uses it. They recently changed aftershock so that it would scale with armor and mr, which are tank stats that mages can't really copy. I say they just tweak with that a little bit more.
Not if you just straight nerf it compared to what it currently is. Why do you all think it needs to scale higher than its max now? Just make scaling go to its current max length.
: > [{quoted}](name=Musashi Yamato,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5uJRyLIR,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-07T06:40:21.930+0000) > > You don't like it for the reasons above, yet you hope it fails. Well guess what, here is my oppinion, I hope NB won't come back , clash will fail once again, and TT is removed. Do you like my oppinion? Also "cashgrab" tell me what benefits you DON'T get from NOT buying little legends. It is just a cashgrab though. They're using TFT as a way to sell more stuff. Hence the word "cashgrab". Who cares if you get zero benefits when people are still gonna spend the money on nothing. It's the same as them releasing the prestige skins. You get no benefits, but Riot gets money.
> [{quoted}](name=FDC Conkey Song,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=5uJRyLIR,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-08-07T07:13:29.894+0000) > > It is just a cashgrab though. They're using TFT as a way to sell more stuff. Hence the word "cashgrab". Who cares if you get zero benefits when people are still gonna spend the money on nothing. It's the same as them releasing the prestige skins. You get no benefits, but Riot gets money. Newsflash, everything Riot does is a cashgrab. They are trying to make money from everything they do.
Cloud273 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Baval,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EOEvk31t,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-08-06T22:36:14.588+0000) > > im sorry, i dont understand, see its called a "defensive stance" and it makes him more defended, and doesnt do anything offensive at all until he leaves the defensive stance. Coincidentally, its not called "sluggish stance" so theres no inherent reason for it to slow him down. > > You seem to be languishing under the idea that his defensive ability and other characters defensive abilities should be built the same, but that would be just silly since theyre entirely different characters with different balance points. My point is why is Jax allowed to play offensively while using a defensive ability, when Galio and Rammus can't. I don't think it's fair that a tank has to suffer a 50% self slow (or whatever it is now), and Jax gets ZERO ms penalties and is allowed to jump on top of and stun you while using a defensive ability.
This is a very biased take. Jax has to use two moves to position well at all in order to be both offensive and defensive and it takes away his mobility for a time as well. Comparing a two move combo to one move is disingenuous at best.
: Carrying over traits of the core game and expanding upon them in a new environment would be a nice way to revitalize treeline in my opinion as long as they keep the core principles the same
The small map size is pretty core to the game mode, not sure how they could keep that and add everything in that the guy wants.
: Mate, I don't give a shit. You either accept my opinion or you don't. If you don't, well, that's your problem to fix.
lol dude calm down. I never said I disagree with your opinion, I said you were answering a question that was not asked.
: All points you have made are correct. Nothing else to add or comment on for me
I never said any of the points he made were incorrect, I said that they were answering a question that was not asked.
: And the worst is giving up because I'd rather have a feeder in 1 out of 100 games than a quitter in 50/100 games.
Again, you are bringing probabilities into it when that was not the question.
: I had to vote "Giving up". While yes, verbal abuse, constant disconnects/leavers or intentional feeding are hella stupid at least in my experience they don't happen nearly as frequently as the "I lost my lane, ff15" type of behavior.
And this is the problem with polls, your answer isn't even answering the question. He didn't ask "which is the worst given the probability of it happening". He asked "which is the worst". Intentional feeding is the worst. Afk is bad, but at least they aren't adding extra gold to the other team.
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=GUU0aULl,comment-id=00050002,timestamp=2019-07-26T13:42:17.902+0000) > > Massively disagree. Love getting those items. i dont want drake to stop dropping those items. i want riot to stop him using them against your team.
> [{quoted}](name=Critmaster Garen,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=GUU0aULl,comment-id=000500020000,timestamp=2019-07-26T17:07:21.679+0000) > > i dont want drake to stop dropping those items. > > i want riot to stop him using them against your team. "Could drag + elder no longer drop items that make champs into a certain class" then "I don't want drake to stop dropping those items" Which is it then?
: > [{quoted}](name=FrancoTheHating,realm=EUNE,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=GUU0aULl,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-25T18:28:54.691+0000) > > i got drake with this item, killed it. > well i got drake with huricane it was much more scary > > but yeah overall removing the effect or making it 50% would not make it worse i had a drake with {{item:3083}} against me, and despite having two red buffs on my team, the drake was unkillable. because the red buffs happened to be on fronline champions who died during the drake fight. i got it down to like 15% health, and then it just regenerated to full when red buff wore off. didnt matter that one of my rangers which was an ASHE had rageblade. even with occational freezes it just ended up wiping my team. a few days ago i had one with hurricane and my team almost instantly dropped. what happens when you run a sorcerer comp at this thing just randomly spawns with dragons claw? even 50% item stregth would destroy your team. the worst part is, there is nothing i could have done better in this situation. just remove those effects entirely. its too much game deciding RNG. not only do you take damage from a lost drake fight, but you end up empty while your opponents get a completed item.
Sounds like your fault if you have that on two and let them die.
DeusVult (NA)
: Watched my buddy get smacked by a {{item:3072}} dragon, that healed for 20% max health every attack Also, while we are at it, could drag + elder no longer drop items that make champs into a certain class. The more generic items are always useful, but if you are running a ranger comp and Drag drops an item that turns someone into a sorcerer, it is actually useless for you, besides the 20 AP At that point in the game it is generally too late to comp shift, whereas getting a more "generic" item could actually help you
Massively disagree. Love getting those items.
: Why was this removed?
> [{quoted}](name=Cristatachad,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=sOAH1gOE,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-23T02:34:27.777+0000) > > Why was this removed? Probably because people only honoured those that did good against them and really had no clue if the person was an honourable opponent or not.
Velasan (NA)
: I would be curious to see some real numbers as to whether the game is declining. I mean, I feel that way sometimes, particularly with the game quality this season, however, I've yet to see any actual evidence that's true. For me personally, the game was about at it's best in Season 7. That's not even nostalgia speaking, some of my champs weren't even all that great during s7, and I started in s4 during the Rengar and Khazix era. At the time though the game could still get messed up for a week or so during a bad patch, but then it felt like that would get fixed by the time the next patch rolled around. Now it's like the whole game is just always on that one bad patch that never seems to end. The game is playable, but frustrating and not as fun. I would rehash why that is, but I think everyone has done it to death by now including myself in a number of posts. Riot seems to have their own idea of where they want the game to go and are glued to it.
People grow up, get tired of a game and think it got worse, in reality life got more complicated or they just don't find as much joy in something that they used to. Not saying that is the case for everyone here, but I would guess the majority of complaints are actually because of this. I have been around since 2012 playing league, people have been posting these types of things on the boards (the old boards before anyone mentions it) since nearly 2012. I personally came to this game because it wasn't so damage heavy compared to Dota, that portion of league is certainly long gone, but it has its other aspects which I still find appealing (can't stand Dotas graphic style). edit: With the above being said though, League is definitely losing player base if you use google trends as any indication. Almost all google trend topics show that league is trending to around 25% of its peak searches. Of course, some (or even a lot) of that will be the fact that people already know the sites they need for league so they don't search it, but I would think this is indicative of a low level of new blood coming in to replace those that burnt out. Hard to say though, it's possible that 25% of a peak that was roughly 5-6 years ago indicates growing numbers still due to what I previously mentioned.
Ayzev (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=aiJlH4ZA,comment-id=00020000000100010001,timestamp=2019-07-19T00:07:19.956+0000) > > He stated the game went 38 minutes, they clearly had a chance to win. Chances are the only reason it went on that long was because the enemy team was deliberately not trying to end because it was just too easy for them
At 20 minutes into the game the gold was within 1k and kill total was 1 kill difference. It ballooned some after that for the next 8 minutes but it shows they were in it.
Hazare (NA)
: The problem then happens that there's no consolation. It's a pity-prize. And the difference between 1 gold and 1 item is not even funny.
And the difference between 1 gold and no items is noticeable. I don't get how people don't get it. It isn't like they removed items to put in the gold option. It went from you getting no item to you getting gold at least. That is measurably better.
: So you want to be a selfish player and run a tilt-inducing 4 v 5 game thats 99% lost when you could avoid any RP loss just so you can stroke your ego for winning in that 1% chance it works out? WOW. No rage necessary? I Imagine many people have been permabanned for replying to you in chat the only way people like you deserve. You could have remade the game. with NO LP LOSS.... or play an almost guaranteed lost game out forever. This tilted me just reading. Riot should rig your surrender vote button to always say "YES" just for typing this.
The entire team other than the op voted no. Are they really the selfish ones when 3 of them wanted to play vs the 1 who didn't? Sounds like the 1 complaining on the forums is the selfish one. He stated the game went 38 minutes, they clearly had a chance to win.
: Seriously. At the very least, every single mob who doesn't drop an item should drop 1 gold.
I mean the outcome of this would be the same then. If they get one item, you get no items you still only end up one gold ahead. Its no different. The one gold is supposed to be a minor consolation for no item, it isn't supposed to be equal.
usul1202 (NA)
: I agree, but also that picture angle makes him look like the world's most aggressive turtle sticking his head out of his shell, and I'm not sure I'll ever unsee it.
: No that does make it an indirect buff, that's what an indirect buff is If I buff steraks all steraks users are not directly buffed, but they are indirectly buffed A direct buff is if instead of buffing steraks I go to each user in turn and buff them "directly"
Meh, semantics then because I disagree. To me an indirect buff needs more than one link to be indirect. If its as simple as: Steraks got buffed --> Steraks users are therefore buffed Then it is direct, its one link.
: Ive never heard riven being sub 45 winrate.
Maybe it was only Riven top and Riven jungle had higher, I just know because I play with a friend who basically only played Riven top for a long time and had to swap to something else for a bit a while ago.
Ralanr (NA)
: Because Critmaster suggested it as a buff to tanks.
Just because it is a buff for something else doesn't make it not a direct buff here.
Ralanr (NA)
: Because fighters use attack speed more than tanks. So buffing a tank item to steal attack speed does _nothing_ for tanks outside of Shen because they aren't AA heavy.
Again, how is that indirect for fighters/juggernaut. It is quite clearly a direct buff.
Ralanr (NA)
: That only helps Shen and indirectly helps every on hit fighter/juggernaut.
How exactly is that indirect at all.
: > [{quoted}](name=PaffWasTaken,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ThssZX5E,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-11T00:59:33.269+0000) > > Imagine the drama if she ever fell to an actual 50% winrate in any elo for longer than a patch! She would be unplayable! /s same case with riven smh
Wasn't Riven one of the worst winrates for a long time last season (at the start?) or it was two seasons ago. Point is, Riven has not always been catered to.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T12:20:02.858+0000) > > There is a difference when there is one of those guys in a game vs 15-20 or whatever it is now. There were that many back in the day too, people just have obscenely stupid and selective memories.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T12:29:06.460+0000) > > There were that many back in the day too, people just have obscenely stupid and selective memories. Name them then. Nidalee put all others to shame back then in terms of chunk damage.
mkiller5 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=000e0000,timestamp=2019-07-10T21:05:55.613+0000) > > "this season is the worst every person buying the same trinity / atmas/ frozen mallet / warmogs / randuins every game" > > "this season is the worst everyone just buys 4-5 black cleavers" > > "this season is the worst every game is smite + tp cinderhulk tops running over everyone" > > "this season is the worst games are decided by which jungler afk farms the hardest before 1v5ing" > > "this season is the worst entire game dedicated to ardent censor and defending the adc" > > I think every single class, role, champion, and item has spent time as the "least fun" at this point. I've been around for a while, and as a fun game I'm going to try and guess which season those quotes came from. Season 1? Season 2 Season 5 Definitely Season 4 (feral flare meta) Season 7
> [{quoted}](name=mkiller5,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=000e00000000,timestamp=2019-07-11T03:57:11.468+0000) > > I've been around for a while, and as a fun game I'm going to try and guess which season those quotes came from. > > Season 1? > Season 2 > Season 5 > Definitely Season 4 (feral flare meta) > Season 7 First two you are off by one season. Black cleaver stacking was preseason for season 3. Atmas was season 2. I mean maybe it was also season 1 but I didn't play then and I was definitely around for atmogs.
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=A Sutpid Idot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-10T09:04:42.627+0000) > > Zoe is just a mobile S3/4 nidalee RIGHT, like I was about to say, does he NOT remember Nidalee, who could do the same thing....on a lower CD...while also being mobile?
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nmbV2k6L,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-10T09:29:41.709+0000) > > RIGHT, like I was about to say, does he NOT remember Nidalee, who could do the same thing....on a lower CD...while also being mobile? There is a difference when there is one of those guys in a game vs 15-20 or whatever it is now.
floo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=Pq7QJovI,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-08T03:49:22.500+0000) > > I have played a ton of games and had maybe one or two where I actually had a need to impact my economy. Quit thinking losing a little bit early is worth decimating you eco. It isn't. And what is your point with the whole pablo comment? People who play more don't get more items so either you have an issue with people who play more than you or you have an issue with rng. Choose one. The problem isn't to "lose a little bit early". It's getting no items until krugs compared to 4-6. You don't have much of a chance to get into late if you're dead after krugs.
If you are dead after krugs it is fully on you. You could have 0 items and should never once be dead at that point.
: Items too impactful for the amount of RNG involved in getting them
I have played a ton of games and had maybe one or two where I actually had a need to impact my economy. Quit thinking losing a little bit early is worth decimating you eco. It isn't. And what is your point with the whole pablo comment? People who play more don't get more items so either you have an issue with people who play more than you or you have an issue with rng. Choose one.
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=kcE6UyGj,comment-id=000500010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T21:33:08.700+0000) > > The comment I responded to was in regards to removing champ RNG (portion of it) on top of item RNG. It certainly was brought up by someone outside of me. Learn to follow forum chains. As for the other items, I will give you that I did not know all of it. I understood there was a champ pool, didn't realise it was as strict as you are stating it is (or maybe small). > > Again, I wasn't responding to op, I was responding to the guy who stated champs on top of items. Right, you were responding to this guy: > [{quoted}](name=Nea104,realm=EUW,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=kcE6UyGj,comment-id=000500010001,timestamp=2019-07-05T13:10:03.178+0000) > > Never said "all". > But you need to tune it untill the point it's fair enough, and not a sh random fiesta like now. > > EG., there's no way a competent coder can allow a huge gap from 0 to X items, being the items so powerful here. To reiterate, he never said _**all**_ RNG needs to be stripped. He quoted my post about the item quantity RNG, which you replied to. The above quote is his response to you. So, yeah, one of us needs to learn to follow forum chains. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Yes, lets take the comment he made after my comments and act like I was supposed to have been physic.
: And maybe make it so you can't do double of the same item. I saw a Pyke with just 2 SoS, and he was stunning basically every 3rd auto attack. That was broken as hell and made the entire game completely unfun for myself and those I was playing with.
You do one or the other, not both. I would much rather no stacking of items.
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=kcE6UyGj,comment-id=0005000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T03:29:56.412+0000) > > What are you talking about with "surrendering"? I legit have no idea. > > I will ignore that part with the response and just answer the first. No, that is not what people are doing. the randomness causes different selections to be made, different groups of champs to be put together. You take out all the randomness and you will be left with the same 8 champs build by every player every game because that is the strongest. I feel like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of this mode. You can't have 8 people building the exact same comp. You can't viably even have 2-3 people building the same comp. One will inevitably get the higher tiers, and crush the others. The champion pool is shared, and thus, whoever gets Kayle first in a Noble comp essentially wins the race. Those who didn't upgrade their Vayne/Garen/etc. early on, didn't make it to late game for the 6 Noble bonus to even be applicable. Not only that, but certain comps absolutely demolish others. There is a tremendous amount of paper-rock-scissors with the 6 champ breakpoints. For example, Yordles are highly effective at squashing Noble comps unless the Nobles build RFC. Building RFC as opposed to PD means an Assassin comp can destroy the Noble comp. Building RB is far more DPS against other comps like Sorc/Ele. A proper Glacial comp can also deal with Noble/Imperial very well. Of course, Yordles also counter Glacial with dodge. Sorc/Ele combo absolutely melts Yordles and most Glacial comps, but is far less effective on the continued sustainability of Noble. Imperial demolishes Sorc/Ele through shear DPS, killing squishies before they're able to get any abilities off. Etc. If the only thing deterring you from trying the exact same build every game is RNG, you're playing wrong. Countering opponents wins games. Building what others are not taking ensures you get T2s/T3s quickly. Picking appropriate items for who is countering you is required for the late game. The meta exists; just because you're not aware of it does not mean anything. Also, not a single comment I've read thus far has suggested removing all RNG. They're simply expressing that the gap between getting nothing and getting everything is far too wide. In fact, OP clearly stated the random champions mechanic was totally fine but the quantity of items is a problem (a sentiment echoed throughout the boards presently). Your response is a strawman -- you're creating an argument by building a defense for something that wasn't even brought up.
The comment I responded to was in regards to removing champ RNG (portion of it) on top of item RNG. It certainly was brought up by someone outside of me. Learn to follow forum chains. As for the other items, I will give you that I did not know all of it. I understood there was a champ pool, didn't realise it was as strict as you are stating it is (or maybe small). Again, I wasn't responding to op, I was responding to the guy who stated champs on top of items.
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=kcE6UyGj,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2019-07-05T03:26:23.819+0000) > > If you remove all of the randomness from the game what would be the point in playing it? A meta will form and it would just be everyone picking the same shit every game. Boring as fuck. You mean like they are doing now? How is this any different then either picking out of a small pool of people or surrendering, and trying again?
What are you talking about with "surrendering"? I legit have no idea. I will ignore that part with the response and just answer the first. No, that is not what people are doing. the randomness causes different selections to be made, different groups of champs to be put together. You take out all the randomness and you will be left with the same 8 champs build by every player every game because that is the strongest.
Nea104 (EUW)
: The items are the biggest flaw there, for sure. It's absurd how bad people can work on a (new) game, after having destroyed an old one. Still, champions are too random as well: who gets the most busted first, gets an incredible advantage.
If you remove all of the randomness from the game what would be the point in playing it? A meta will form and it would just be everyone picking the same shit every game. Boring as fuck.
Mimr (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Prozzak,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iB8JkrEG,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-06-24T04:26:35.398+0000) > > lol why? This will just lead to even more people complaining about being hardstuck in elo hell. If you start in Silver as a fresh level 30 you're going to drop down to Iron IV in no time, annoying people along the way because you can't keep up with them. Same happened to me years ago when I got lucky in my ranked placements and got carried a bunch of times. Placed in Silver 4, dropped to the then-bottom-of-the-barrel Bronze 5. Eventually I got better and carried myself bacvk out to Silver. If you feel you're stuck in "elo hell" _you belong there_. If you're in Iron but your true skill level is Silver you're going to carry yourself out in no time.
I don't disagree, its why I said elo hell in quotes. It doesn't exist but people think it does and imo this change would lead towards more people complaining about it. Also, not everyone drops down to Iron 4 (or Bronze 5 when I did it). I made gold in my first 60 games of ranked. Point is, neither option is perfect. I have no issue with starting bottom of the pack, I was just stating that I think more "elo hell" complaints will occur.
: > [{quoted}](name=Eunson,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iB8JkrEG,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-06-23T20:30:23.888+0000) > > You're in Silver 3... you can 1v5 those games, no teammates hold you back in that elo; just yourself. Instead of blaming you should be figuring out what you're doing wrong, There's a reason you're almost 900 games and still silver; you're doing something wrong. the most stupid and ridiculous comment that I saw this day
Funny I was thinking that about your post. The guy isn't wrong. With the exception of an actual troll or two on your team in silver you should be able to solo carry your team to wins.
: > [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=iB8JkrEG,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-06-24T01:04:06.442+0000) > > Riiight. Because there's going to be so many of those. That won't drastically increase queue times for them to above challenger queue times or anything. There's no new players? Well shit, dead game boys! We did it!
Mimr (EUW)
: New lvl 30 players should start their placements at the bottom of the barrel, not somewhere in low silver.
lol why? This will just lead to even more people complaining about being hardstuck in elo hell.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kurorade,realm=NA,application-id=LqLKtMpN,discussion-id=PBrQVuLR,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-20T15:48:53.964+0000) > > Why is this thread getting downvoted lmao. You can only say how broken Yas is, here on boards, it’s upvote farm for begginers.
I mean technically this is saying that yas is broken.
Arakadia (NA)
: A pre automated system is not worth coding just for this one community vote. Sure we've voted on a two skins in the past but its never been certain that Riot plans to do votes consistently. Its always been a "we don't intend to do this again but it might happen" so there hasn't been a good reason to set up a system in the first place.
Automated system or not, adding together votes is not some multi day thing. I don't care that it takes while but saying adding together votes takes times is ludicrous. It'll take like 30 minutes tops. Making a reveal post, getting it edited and then approved? That is what takes time.
Haze97 (EUW)
: i honestly do not understand why people still stick to League when Dota has a better ranked system, a more balanced game, a better client, and an actual voice chat. That's everything League players have been asking for. Yet people slog away at league. At the moment I play both. Got into Dota 2 and while I do play League from time to time, I mostly play Dota 2 because it's got features which League should have implemented ages ago such as a visible MMR and voice chat. The only reason I still play League every now and then is because I haven't unlocked ranked on Dota yet.
Personally I 100% hate Dota 2's graphics. It was better when it was a mod on warcraft 3 than when they moved to Dota 2. I have a hard time differentiating from minions to heroes. I mean I assume this would go away over time, but I don't want to put that time investment in at this point in my life. All this is coming from someone who played hundreds upon hundreds of hours of the original Dota so it isn't like I don't know the champs already. I literally find the graphics that bad. Maybe I have some form of colour blind issue though or something with my eyes because I don't think anyone else really has this issue that I have seen. edit: As noted by the other guy Dota used to also differ from league in the sense that whoever got the jump on someone in Dota would win the fight 99% of the time. League used to not be like this. That difference no longer exists though.
: > [{quoted}](name=Faustavian,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=6MVqtZTf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-04T21:18:00.519+0000) > > Maybe because you're not supposed to dodge champ select and actually play the game instead of encouraging people leaving if they don't like someones certain pick and forcing people to go through a shit ton of lobbies just to get into a game. Terrible idea, why not add a quit button during the game too so you can "properly" leave mid-game. Riot has already gone out of their way to encourage dodging as a mechanic if you don't trust champ select
Explain this. How has Riot gone out of their way to encourage dodging? The only time I have seen them state dodging may be ok is as a last resort, but that is not going out of their way to encourage it.
: Isn't encouraging people to dodge a good thing? Aside from longer queue times and trolls, this feature will probably let people win way more selective games by dodging matches that were [most likely] already lost in champion select
No, encouraging people to dodge is the worst thing they could do. They already penalise for it, so why would you think they would want to encourage you to dodge?
JuiceBoxP (EUNE)
: Yeah, dodging is a mechanic and it's not against the rules So why not add this?
They penalise you for dodging so clearly it is against the rules. Or am I missing something here and not getting a joke?
Telebro (NA)
: It's time to remove Auto-Fill for ranked
Auto fill imo fills a role that is needed. With that being said, it has had issues from the start. No reason you should have two people auto-filled to roles they don't play in the same game when you could simply swap those two spots and not have any auto fills. (ex. I get adc, I play mid/jg. Other guy gets jg he plays top/adc. You could have no issues if it put me jg and him adc, yet I have seen this scenario happen a few times).
Haziv (EUW)
: After Mordekaiser VGU i hope his pizza feet brother Dr.Mundo will be next in line !
I must be the only one who likes it. Not everything has to be perfect to look at. Its almost part of his character to look odd as well as be odd.
Laura ß (NA)
: Gotta love that matchmaking Riot
The odds are that you will have that against you more often than you have that on your team (5 of them vs 4 of your teammates). The fact that you low elo players do not understand that is probably a reason you are low elo. I will ask, where do you want Riot to place these people? Just force everyone to start at Iron rank? People would simply complain that they are getting stomped by people who were forced to start too low then. What else then? Force new level 30s to simply only be allowed to rank against other new level 30s? Seems unfair and could result in gigantic wait times for games. Not to mention, the skill ranking from this would be artificial due to not playing vs the normal population of players. Only other idea would be to delay new level 30 accounts even longer, but then how many more games do they need to play before being allowed to play ranked? Level 40? 50? Like it or not, there isn't one solution that will fit all and make everyone happy. Being around the rank that new accounts default on for level 30 is going to happen at some rank no matter what.
: how it should work. A lot of people don't understand that though and just take it all.
While true, a lot of people also don't understand pushing a wave so it resets after. I have (many times) had people in diamond mad pinging at me because I pushed a wave into the enemy turret when it would have easily been frozen by the enemy team if I had not. Not going to say this is the case here, but it should be mentioned.
dnsup (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jennifer420,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=c4G6P8yL,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-01-29T13:08:33.766+0000) > > the randomness actually has less toxic picks. i remember when urf wasnt random... zed and yi every game oh boy that was cool :D... Even when it wasn't random, the matchups weren't usually that bad (even if they were sometimes ridiculous, both teams had roughly the same opportunities). But TBH **I'm fine with both AR- and original URF**. People who write posts like OP usually show signs of taking the game too seriously *in general* (not just in URF).
Yeah, same here. I far prefer AR because if I wanted to pick a certain champ I would play normals but I see why people like normal URF as well. Maybe they should be looking to offer both types at the same time? I dunno I feel like they would have enough players to easily do it. All I know is even back to my original Dota days I preferred random or some option of it (specifically loved playing the mode where you choose between one int, agility or strength based champ). To me it shows a higher level of skill if you can win consistently in a random based mode compared to all pick.
: Congrats! Now only to have a virgin daughter to sacrifice to old gods so you can actually redeem it.
Oh boohoo. There are those of us who played for years without any free skins at all. No Hextech chests or anything. Should we moan that we didn't get our rightful free stuff for all that time investment? People should be grateful that they get anything for free on top of the fact that League itself is already a free game instead of complaining that it takes time to get the free stuff.
Show more

Prozzak

Level 99 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion