: A way to know your playing ranked...?
You have to actively check that you want to play a ranked game to queue for it. There's no excuse for not knowing that you queued for a ranked game.
: Genuine question, what do you do against Vayne top?
Moody P (NA)
: Sion is a failed rework and is consistently one of the most toxic champions in top lane
I have to agree, the Sion rework has been a huge pain in my ass top lane pretty much it's entire existence. I'd gladly take Old Sion staring--->bubble pop combo over what we have now pretty much any game. And just from the standpoint of things that are fun to play as, using Old Sion's ult as an AD Sion was consistently one of the most fun things I ever got to do as a player.
: Why didn't i get atleast an s-
It's the CS, 125 is fine at like 13 minutes but at 18 you should definitely have more or it will tag you as not being above average on that front. Also maybe on objective conversions on your kills? Turning ganks/kills into drag or rift or other lane's towers.
: Xayah and Arcane Comet/Manaflow band
It probably is just something about how they have been written to interact. Arcane Comet procs off of Zyra's plant's attacks, but Manaflow will only proc off of the actual ability that would spawn a plant hitting (q or e, or ult too I guess). Teemo poison will proc Arcane Comet, but only a shroom or blinding dart will proc Manaflow Band. I think MB has to be proc'd off of a direct ability hit.
: Is that a rocket in your pocket?
Trist's is a play on the "Is that a gun/banana/etc in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" joke Janna's is a joke about her super breathy voice being like that of a phone-sex operator
: Abandoning a losing lane is usually ideal. However, there is a certain point where you HAVE to help.
I play Illaoi a lot and this is definitely one of the top things that wins games for me, the enemy team being willing to just abandon their top laner to me after a single failed gank. I understand it's really discouraging when I get that double off of a gank early on but I'm frequently able to bully up to inhib tower with little to no repercussions due to that fear they have of me. I have found that it's most often a gank from the mid laner that will shut me down or make me think twice about shoving a lane hard, someone like Ahri or Veigar or really anyone who can stick out of my range and punish me with hard CC or can use that CC to disengage after baiting my ult. This is especially important when it's someone like Trynd or Jax that I'm facing who is going to become more valuable than me after a certain point in their build just by sheer nature of their being a super hard scaling champ.
dogehkiin (EUW)
: I actually didn't like the gamemode itself but having a more casual gamemode (like ascension, dominion or some rmg) as a permanent gamemode and having some old items avaiable made it fun, the events or some rewards not so much, map itself is good too.
> [{quoted}](name=dogehkiin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EYR38EKp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-10-07T18:58:56.230+0000) > > I actually didn't like the gamemode itself but having a more casual gamemode (like ascension, dominion or some rmg) as a permanent gamemode and having some old items avaiable made it fun, the events or some rewards not so much, map itself is good too. I came here to say this. I didn't like it personally, but the variety will be sorely missed and I know it had a reasonable playerbase at least from how much people were talking about it. I do seriously miss Dominion though that mode was my jam.
: Default Female Announcer 99% pickrate in all regions
Let's be honest. The default female announcer is picked so often because she's just the best. She's pick or ban, and everyone wants to pick her so badly that they'll never ban her on the off chance they might get to pick her after all. Sure, everyone wants the novelty of switching it up every now and again, but if she was nerfed there would be a riot.
Khabith (NA)
: Life as a jungler
IMO the jungler is the most crucial member of the team when it comes to swinging a match that's even or only slightly lopsided in one team's favor in terms of skill. They are definitely the member of the team that I remember the longest afterwards if they did good, and most of the time that I add someone it's someone who was a good jungler. Its the toughest role for me to play and my weaknesses as a jungler are the reason that I have the most empathy for a jungler that's having a bad game or terrible teammates. That said, my only major pet peeves as far as junglers go are repeated bungled ganks or constantly coming to my lane when I ask them to just let me duel or farm (I play mostly top), and shoving my lane when I back and I'm someone like Illaoi who farms waves and has a hard time not pushing to an unsafe extent as it is. I don't mind taxing or clearing a wave at or close to a tower, but flat AAing a wave that's middle of the lane to the tower will set me back for a couple minutes at least if my enemy top laner is competent at all.
: PSA to the jungler that “watched every single one of my deaths and observed my bad play in lane”
The reason a jungler is taking camps instead of lane xp is so that he can be mobile and affect the different lanes as needed. Even champs like Yi and Shyv and old WW that don't WANT to gank until 6 still will gank once they reach the point that they reasonably can, and even before that sometimes because sometimes all you need out of a gank is an extra body around to punish someone who pushed too hard. That said, I do agree that a really competent jungler should avoid ganking a lane that is already definitely a hard loss and focus on getting a lane that's ahead as far ahead as possible. If I'm getting just rolled up top by dinger or something but bot is kicking ass, I would appreciate the jg pushing out that advantage more than the scant possibility that my crippled ass is going to be useful during a gank.
Namîste (NA)
: Even just honoring an opponent would be great. We used to be able to honor them along with multiple others but they took that away :(
> [{quoted}](name=Namîste,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Z0Vcxjoq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-02T17:02:58.439+0000) > > Even just honoring an opponent would be great. We used to be able to honor them along with multiple others but they took that away :( This is my sincerest wish for honor. There have been many games where in post game chat I tell people I wish you could still give Honorable Opponent, because some people you face are just perfect on the banter or beautifully matched in terms of skill and you want to give them something for enhancing your gameplay experience so much.
: [Rant] What has this game become.
In what way is this game being run in a direction for the younger generation of snowlakes? This is a genuine question, not a rhetorical criticism. How is it that this game is trying to keep people in a 'safety bubble' from the truth?
: What can be done about Camille so isn't played literally every single match?
I don't know what league you play in but in silver where I am I almost never see her, 1 out of 20 games maybe. I do agree she's pretty ridiculous though, when you play against her in jg she is very hard to counter or deal with in general since her weaknesses are in lane.
: > [{quoted}](name=Psaion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nRBELAzJ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-29T01:41:09.210+0000) > > It's a lot slower than other seasons but it holds my interest better than, say, Hotel or Cult right away even so. I liked the ending to the recent episode, but I seem to be one of the few people who truly enjoyed Coven. I like witches
> [{quoted}](name=Calamitosus Cini,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=nRBELAzJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-29T02:56:06.277+0000) > > I like witches I loved the witches, Coven was my favorite season other than Asylum. Queenie was the best. I hope she makes a comeback even despite her Hotel death. Madison came back after all.
: Has anyone watched the new season of American Horror story?
It's a lot slower than other seasons but it holds my interest better than, say, Hotel or Cult right away even so. I liked the ending to the recent episode, but I seem to be one of the few people who truly enjoyed Coven.
: League of Legends isn't fun anymore. (Mainly Ranked)
I've been playing since season 1 and all of those problems are ones I've seen since I started playing. Matchmaking has always been pretty shit, balancing has always been questionable and primarily (but not solely, to be fair) geared towards the top level of players, and at one point pretty much the entirety of lore that people had been invested in was wiped clean. For me, this season has been very fun and the first season since around S5 that I consistently played all season without getting discouraged by one thing or another. I think a slight decline in player base isn't necessarily a completely negative thing, either, even if it hurts the bottom line of the company.
: 1v1 fight - who wins?
Well regardless of how far apart they start, QnV leap off of them, blind them, then make them into a pincushion.
cupcaker (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Kunoichi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=va1Eh9ZQ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-26T04:02:44.921+0000) > > Minor toxicity getting someone banned is usually a result of consistent behavior after ignoring previous punishments of chat restrictions. > > That said, it doesn't surprise me that Riot is starting to decline because they've put everything into League and nothing else for the past 10 years. consistent behavior to them is the use of one of 200 buzz words that they have flagged. they also have a TON of abbreviations for non-swear words that are flagged as toxic. friendly trash talk is now considered toxic. GGEZ is a bannable toxic offense. yeah okay bub. the definition of toxic changes in riots eyes daily. your best bet to not get reported for toxicity is to now perform lipservice to EVERYONE you meet. any less than that and you're toxic
> [{quoted}](name=cupcaker,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=va1Eh9ZQ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-26T05:03:08.871+0000) > > consistent behavior to them is the use of one of 200 buzz words that they have flagged. they also have a TON of abbreviations for non-swear words that are flagged as toxic. friendly trash talk is now considered toxic. GGEZ is a bannable toxic offense. yeah okay bub. > > the definition of toxic changes in riots eyes daily. your best bet to not get reported for toxicity is to now perform lipservice to EVERYONE you meet. any less than that and you're toxic You don't get banned if you don't get reported, so maybe some of what you think is 'friendly' trash talking wasn't as well received as you thought it was. You gotta read the room. There are plenty of people who talk trash in a friendly way and don't get banned for it because the receiving party is enjoying it and/or dishing it back out, which is what makes it friendly. I've never been banned for anything, let alone toxicity, so I don't think you have to kiss anyone's ass not to get banned. Just don't be a dick.
Blyted (NA)
: My ADC Quinn just said something that worries me
She can outduel kai with the blind and knock back but if she can't duel her or pick her off behind her bodyguards kai will win hard
: im hesitating watching sword art online why do half ppl like it and half hate it???
My personal problem basically that it cribs the premise from a really good series, dot Hack, and just makes it incredibly generic without any standout characters or even any particularly likable ones. It has very much the same problem in this regard as The Hunger Games has with Battle Royale, except at least Hunger Games had some stuff that was unique to it even if I didn't care for the series nearly as much as I did BR.
: How to never get banned
Just gonna throw it out there that I've played since season 1 and I haven't even had so much as a chat restriction, and I liberally use the chat and pings.
Dysani (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Psaion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LIhneycG,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-16T20:11:27.884+0000) > > If you can think of many reasons why riot would be behind trolling you, you have an incredibly inflated view of yourself, First, I never said just me, but your effort in misdirection manipulation is noted!
> [{quoted}](name=Dysani,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=LIhneycG,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-16T20:27:07.098+0000) > > First, I never said just me, but your effort in misdirection manipulation is noted! You actually did before you edited your post but I can accept that it was just a mistake in how you phrased it. I would like to hear why you think riot is purposefully accepting or encouraging trolling, regardless of who it is targeted at.
Dysani (NA)
: Today was my last game of league
If you can think of many reasons why riot would be behind trolling you, you have an incredibly inflated view of yourself.
LiranMLG (EUNE)
: Why does this happen every event?
Hey man you're lucky you ever got to captain difficulty I'm still waiting for my wins as a cadet to register.
Naalith (NA)
: Come on man, Kayn players have to spend an additional 600 if they want the border???
I understand why people are upset but I've been waiting for a kayn skin for a long time now and I want that damn border enough to shell out the 20 to get the bundle. I haven't bought riot points in a good while but this is definitely worth the value in my eyes. If you want extra you gotta pay extra after all.
: 3 days has passed...
You guys looking at the same General Discussion board as I am? Pretty much the only thing I see is posts about this, people are definitely not forgetting or letting it go. It's so prolific I'd be skeptical about mods deleting threads if I hadn't seen ones I was in 404'd in front of my very eyes. https://imgur.com/a/YfOqBe8
: Musings of Ez, Kayle and Morg 's futures.
Being bisexual myself, I'm all for more non-Dragon Age 2 style representation. If you aren't familiar with that game, they decided to just throw up their hands and say 'fuck it, everybody is bi' which always felt really pandering and half-assed to me.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Linna Excel,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o5EdEfyP,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-31T21:31:57.939+0000) > > Not being a jerk to others > Talent/results > Intellectual Diversity > racial diversity > > All riot really needs to do is have the player behavior team go after toxic rioters and then get the best people possible to replace the banned reds. I wanna say that I'd raise Intellectual Diversity over talent only. Primarily because a pool of smart individuals yet diverse working together will get better results than a pool insanely talented individuals if they all hav the same mindset. Like minded talent leads to an echo chamber where everyone will agree with a design no matter how bad which will get quick results of varying quality, diverse intellects will always hav at least one guy go "We should rethink this concept before implementing it." leading to slower results but usually results of a higher quality.
> [{quoted}](name=AnAggravatedPimp,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=o5EdEfyP,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-08-31T21:40:37.075+0000) > > I wanna say that I'd raise Intellectual Diversity over talent only. Primarily because a pool of smart individuals yet diverse working together will get better results than a pool insanely talented individuals if they all hav the same mindset. Like minded talent leads to an echo chamber where everyone will agree with a design no matter how bad which will get quick results of varying quality, diverse intellects will always hav at least one guy go "We should rethink this concept before implementing it." leading to slower results but usually results of a higher quality. This is literally the reason that most companies that have any kind of engineering or creative design as a core of their business have some sort of diversity program and training. Anybody who has had to sit through any kind of orientation for a job outside of fast food will have at least had this concept explained to them.
Jarring (NA)
: "weebs" are only a thing because of the stigma that "dubs are bad" and they are actually posers who alienate themselves from a community for the sake of their own racist ideals totally disrespecting Japan in the process. The right to dub anime is sold WILLINGLY because they KNOW it can only HELP their industry. They have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. but by all means. Keep calling everyone who watches dubs "baka" alienating yourself from your own race by putting Japanese on a pedestal. This is actually a real problem that goes absolutely nowhere.
> [{quoted}](name=Jarring,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=4lxV7Y8I,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-08-31T17:25:40.450+0000) > > "weebs" are only a thing because of the stigma that "dubs are bad" and they are actually posers who alienate themselves from a community for the sake of their own racist ideals totally disrespecting Japan in the process. The right to dub anime is sold WILLINGLY because they KNOW it can only HELP their industry. They have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. > > but by all means. Keep calling everyone who watches dubs "baka" alienating yourself from your own race by putting Japanese on a pedestal. > This is actually a real problem that goes absolutely nowhere. I agree with you. I prefer subs but I would never shit on someone who prefers dubs because it's just that: a preference. 9 times out of 10 nowadays you lose nothing in terms of context or content with a dub unless you are watching something dubbed in the 4kids style for some reason or you're watching something that has licensing issues in america like JoJo.
DarthPan (EUNE)
: Kayle Should Get Nerfed?
She doesn't have any innate attack speed in her kit, so I don't understand how you can complain about her crazy attack speed. The way to stop her is to put her down in lane, she has a very week laning phase and her heal/speed up is on a long cooldown so she is easy to gank.
: WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Rhinark,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=8H0bP377,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-08-31T08:01:28.149+0000) > > WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I came here to say this (and also, kono dio da)
: 0/7 at 10 minutes, 0/12 at 15 minutes, what do?
If I have a teammate go 0/12 at 15 minutes and one of my other teammates is trash talking to them telling them kys and uninstall and whatnot I am going to be just as annoyed at the trash talker as at the feeder. When you talk like that to people, there is literally no chance they are going to improve because of it and a very high chance that they are going to do even worse. Your emotional state affects your gameplay, it affects the decisions you make and the risks you take. I vent my frustration by talking to someone who is nearby or who I am in discord with or even just yelling at the screen if it's outrageous enough and nobody is around, but I don't take it out on the people playing. As a result, I've never had any sort of restriction or ban, and I've been playing since Swain's patch in S1 Try to keep in mind that everybody has bad games and that's not necessarily representative of how they are usually as a player. I've seen my D1 friend straight feed top in a game he played with me vs the bronze and silver players I play against. Sometimes you just play bad and make bad decisions, pobody's nerfect and all that jazz. Try to have the compassion for them you'd want them to have for you if you were bombing.
: Can we get Classic skins back?
This was always something I found exciting when champs like Karma and Trundle had been reworked, and I remember being real happy after not playing for a stretch and coming back to find traditional Sejuani in my collection as well. I would love to have Traditional/Classic skins back.
Manxxom (NA)
: Just gonna point it out there
Look up the Violator from Spawn, that's who he's based on visually
Moranin (NA)
: Nexus Blitz needs to lose the events.
I think the events need to just be balanced better. It really sucks to lose because when you won your event you got super ocean drake and when they won theirs they got the blitz pull towers/cannons or super bf shield that triples their health til you break it.
SEKAI (OCE)
: Can we talk about how bullshit Jax is?
All I can think about when I read this is how Jax used to be when dodge was still a mechanic, hitting 60% or so dodge and 1v5ing a team end game
: Your Shop, getting skins for champions you play OR getting skins for champions you've never played
4/6 were champs I play often and only one of those I already have a skin for. 2/6 were for champs I have played a single time in the last several months and I was quite disappointed about it. Still, that's a good ratio. Normally they are all skins for champs I play frequently, though, which is the only reason those 2 being off is a bit sad.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=00190002,timestamp=2018-08-08T22:49:24.500+0000) > > We have allowed discussions of champion sexuality before. Where we step in is if the discussion starts being more than an individual discussion -- such as discussing political issues like gay rights laws, whether or not something is "moral" or "right", and so on (as these are topics that we've found lead to inflammatory or especially argumentative threads), or where a discussion begins to veer into excessive negativity or prejudice. It is definitely something we could benefit from more clarity on in the rules though, and we'll look into how to best add that. Now that I've take a step back and reviewed the situation from both points with keeping a neutral view in mind, I can see how this rule will never be perfectly balanced for both parties. As I see it, if we go back a little in time, since the beginning of existance the relationship between a man and a woman has always been seen as "natural", since it's how reproduction works for the human species. I think everyone can agree with the statement that a relationship between a man and a woman will always be "natural", and if they don't agree they are more than able to go look at more instances on how humans were made to genetically reproduce with the opposite sex. However, as with homosexuality it will never be universally be seen as a "natural" thing, as nice as I can put it. Being as unbiased and neutral of the opinion as I can be, humans were created to be in relationships with the opposite sex (I am not being biased and bringing religion into this creation part, I am just saying this as an understanding that human beings since the beginning of their existence were created with the ability to reproduce with those of the opposite sex, so please don't bash at me). Here is where the parties split, and where there will always be a split. People will have their personal opinions on whether this is right or wrong, and they are both respected for their own views. If you were to take an unbiased stance against these 2 parties, it would be a better choice to not allow the discussion of one's homosexuality to be on the boards. Since both parties can agree that a man and woman relationship is "natural", but disagree on homosexuality, it would be logical to go with the option that both parties can agree upon, which is the allowance of one's heterosexuality and not one's homosexuality. I may be called out by others stating at how I'm biased, but I'm truly using genuine reasoning to make the best out of a bad situation. If you disagree with me, I respect your views. If you read all of this, thanks for reading. I hope to help with any other situations in the future in making the boards an accepting and heartwarming get place for all!
> [{quoted}](name=TheSymbolÔfPeace,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tnHgQEoq,comment-id=001900020001,timestamp=2018-08-08T23:33:25.395+0000) > > Now that I've take a step back and reviewed the situation from both points with keeping a neutral view in mind, I can see how this rule will never be perfectly balanced for both parties. As I see it, if we go back a little in time, since the beginning of existance the relationship between a man and a woman has always been seen as "natural", since it's how reproduction works for the human species. I think everyone can agree with the statement that a relationship between a man and a woman will always be "natural", and if they don't agree they are more than able to go look at more instances on how humans were made to genetically reproduce with the opposite sex. However, as with homosexuality it will never be universally be seen as a "natural" thing, as nice as I can put it. Being as unbiased and neutral of the opinion as I can be, humans were created to be in relationships with the opposite sex (I am not being biased and bringing religion into this creation part, I am just saying this as an understanding that human beings since the beginning of their existence were created with the ability to reproduce with those of the opposite sex, so please don't bash at me). Here is where the parties split, and where there will always be a split. People will have their personal opinions on whether this is right or wrong, and they are both respected for their own views. If you were to take an unbiased stance against these 2 parties, it would be a better choice to not allow the discussion of one's homosexuality to be on the boards. Since both parties can agree that a man and woman relationship is "natural", but disagree on homosexuality, it would be logical to go with the option that both parties can agree upon, which is the allowance of one's heterosexuality and not one's homosexuality. I may be called out by others stating at how I'm biased, but I'm truly using genuine reasoning to make the best out of a bad situation. If you disagree with me, I respect your views. > > If you read all of this, thanks for reading. I hope to help with any other situations in the future in making the boards an accepting and heartwarming get place for all! You are expressing a very limited viewpoint and I don't know if you are willfully ignoring information available to you or if you genuinely don't know about it. Not only are there numerous and well documented instances of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, there is evidence throughout most of recorded history in various cultures that homosexuality has existed (regardless of whether it was accepted by the culture of the time or not). To argue that only heterosexuality is 'natural' is a ridiculous stance to take, even if you don't have information on homosexuality in nature or in human history. You are assuming that because you don't have evidence that something is or has been a certain way that it could not possibly be or have been that way. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. I would also examine your language, because talking about humans since their creation strongly implies a belief that humans were created and have not evolved to humanity. There's nothing wrong with taking a religious stance, but you can't try to disguise a religious stance as being purely based on logic without mentioning that the logic you are using is based on accepting certain religious dogma as fact. Finally, it's ridiculous to make the argument that because we agree on one thing and can't agree on the other thing that you should just get your way about the thing that we can't agree about. If you made the argument that we should be allowed to discuss it openly because something we disagree upon should be examined and dissected and discussed, I would wholeheartedly agree. But it seems instead you are arguing that discussion should be shut down and you should win because an agreement can't be reached. I apologize if this came off as disrespectful, you have a right to your own views and to a forum in which to discuss them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Psaion,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgQkovmd,comment-id=0008000000010000,timestamp=2018-08-08T15:02:57.255+0000) > > The problem with the situation is that when two people with equal qualifications are presented, when one of them is a male they are (supposedly, in this situation described by the article) taken more seriously and much more likely to receive the position than a woman (who, again, in this situation is assumed to have identical qualifications) > > I would also like to say though that kotaku is shit and it's hard to take anything posted there with any level of seriousness. And in those situations, yes it is sexism, but you don't beat that with "positive" sexism of dismissing men for women. Just like there are racists, but you don't beat them by forcing people to need to have a certain amount of diversity for the sake of diversity.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgQkovmd,comment-id=00080000000100000000,timestamp=2018-08-08T15:42:01.518+0000) > > And in those situations, yes it is sexism, but you don't beat that with "positive" sexism of dismissing men for women. Just like there are racists, but you don't beat them by forcing people to need to have a certain amount of diversity for the sake of diversity. Unfortunately, yes you do to a certain point. Having a quota to fill of a certain amount of women or minorities in a company isn't meant to be a system where straight white males are constantly passed over for their minority counterparts, in it's ideal form it's meant to act as a counterweight to the unconscious bias that I previously mentioned and you agreed actually happens. The problem is that if you had 100 candidates for 50 positions and all of them had equal qualifications but 75-80% of them were white men, you'd wind up with close to 50 white men working for you in a ratio that doesn't reflect how many non-white male candidates were available. I don't believe that in most cases this is intentional, but that's why a system needs to be in place to balance it out. I do also agree that something needs to be in place to make sure that better qualified candidates aren't passed over just because they don't fill a diversity quota though. That is, exactly as you say, still just sexism (or racism). It's important that the most qualified person fills the role, regardless of what they look like to someone.
: > [{quoted}](name=Vacus,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgQkovmd,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-08-08T03:28:36.071+0000) > > There absolutely has been massive sexism in gaming from the very beginning. Probably in large part because Japanese culture is sexist as hell. > > I guess you could read it that way, if your goal was already to assume the worst of everything related to the article. > > Personally, I assumed it meant her goal was to get a qualified woman into a leadership role, because 'qualified' is just a normal prerequisite. That's the thing. Even if there's a qualified woman, if there's a more qualified man, it's still sexist. That's why I said IF she was actively pushing for female candidates over males with better qualifications.
> [{quoted}](name=DotEleven,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=TgQkovmd,comment-id=000800000001,timestamp=2018-08-08T13:20:28.889+0000) > > That's the thing. Even if there's a qualified woman, if there's a more qualified man, it's still sexist. That's why I said IF she was actively pushing for female candidates over males with better qualifications. The problem with the situation is that when two people with equal qualifications are presented, when one of them is a male they are (supposedly, in this situation described by the article) taken more seriously and much more likely to receive the position than a woman (who, again, in this situation is assumed to have identical qualifications) I would also like to say though that kotaku is shit and it's hard to take anything posted there with any level of seriousness.
: What Benefit Does Toxicity Have?
Do people really think that purposefully riling someone up by flaming has absolutely no effect on gameplay? If you are mad, you will make decisions quite differently. Some players might try to make big risky plays to prove themselves as better, some might be spiteful and choose not to help a teammate who flamed them when they have the opportunity to hurt them in some way small or otherwise. I don't think these are typically the sort of things that will win or lose games, but they definitely affect them and when people start going back and forth it gets more and more pronounced. I seriously doubt anybody here has gone completely without playing a game that was decided by their teammates arguing back and forth. Aside from that, I would like it explained to me how flaming someone makes them think twice about their mistake and do better. If a friend did that to me, I would seriously reconsider my plays and how I am playing, but if a stranger flamed me I would be inclined to think they are just being a feminine hygiene product and disregard what they are saying. The same goes for pretty much any advice in any situation. From someone you know, it can be helpful for someone to be harsh to you. From a stranger, unsolicited advice is almost always annoying, offensive, and immediately disregarded. All that being said, if someone really says something that upsets me, I can easily ignore them with a mute and I do my damnedest to continue treating them well as far as gameplay goes for the rest of the match. Usually before a mute, I will say something along the lines of "You are being super helpful right now" or "That's really constructive, thank you" and that usually gets the point across. I have several people on my friends list who's first interaction with me was them flaming me in some way or another. As far as gameplay toxicity goes, I think we are all familiar with the feeling of a game being out of our control and feeling helpless because of it. Sometimes you feel that way because of something that happens in real life. When someone does something like base race or int or any other seemingly inherently negative thing like that, it can be cathartic for them that they are doing something that makes them feel like they actually have control over something. Some people just want to watch the world burn, true, but I believe there is usually more motivation for someone than wanton malice or destruction and I try to have empathy to that degree.
Jamaree (NA)
: Story Time with Jamaree: Suspending a student on the first day of school.
I absolutely cannot believe this story didn't end up with the kid living with his aunty and uncle in bel-air. Real missed opportunity if you ask me
: This is the first time I hated the gameplay of League
If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza you're gonna have a bad time.
: > [{quoted}](name=RedPannda,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wU3BtmKp,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-07-28T17:25:48.817+0000) > > Any time you have a question that goes something like "Why does Riot do or not do X?" you just need to remember one simple phrase. > > Follow the money. > > https://i.imgur.com/kzydWvM.jpg[/img] > > 9 out of the 15 least popular champions are non humanoids and for multiple years reksai was in competition with Morde for the least played spot. > > That doesn't mean that those champions are inherently unpopular because of their character designs, Azir was insanely popular for a long time. If those champions were strong they would be much more popular. It just comes down to what incentive does Riot have to put the time in to make a popular champion that sells skins strong vs an unpopular champion that has little to no skin sales stay strong. There is your answer, if you want Reksai to get buffs you need to start buying her skins. That is the sad reality we live in. ...you realize Riot doesn't buff/nerf based on skin sales? Which could be pretty easily seen just by checking any champion with a skin and any balance patches around that time?
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wU3BtmKp,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-28T17:31:43.982+0000) > > ...you realize Riot doesn't buff/nerf based on skin sales? Which could be pretty easily seen just by checking any champion with a skin and any balance patches around that time? I would definitely argue that at least on the buff side of the scale a champion's popularity has a big effect on how much attention they get from the balance team. I doubt a champion has ever been nerfed because they are too popular or unpopular, but plenty of champions have gone looooong without buffs because they aren't popular and wouldn't make sales any better by being stronger.
: Patch 8.1 notes
So do I get the 2 keys when the honor resets for having been at Honor 5 before the reset, or am I being boned for being honorable by missing out on drops that I would get from levelling honor from level 1 again?

Psaion

Level 146 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion