: "Open mid" hadn't happened to me in a long time. Unfortunately just the other day I experienced it. It sucked because three players just went top and faffed about while the enemy team literally took our base at like 12 minutes. I was on Ezreal and was doing ok for a while, thinking I was about to scale pretty well and just start chunking them, but no, my team is full of quitters. When I'm telling them how much this sucks, Braum just says "well, I got auto-filled mid, so I just get to move on to the next game." Ok....what about me? All I wanted to do was have fun playing the new Ezreal in norms. I fill a lot, I support a lot, I just wanted to have a bot lane game for once. But no, other people are selfish. There are five people on your team, not just you. In a crazy solo queue game, a few early kills to the enemy team is not the end of the world.
> [{quoted}](name=AbiwonKenabi,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6Ml5rIHe,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-10-21T15:21:06.631+0000) > > "Open mid" hadn't happened to me in a long time. Unfortunately just the other day I experienced it. It sucked because three players just went top and faffed about while the enemy team literally took our base at like 12 minutes. I was on Ezreal and was doing ok for a while, thinking I was about to scale pretty well and just start chunking them, but no, my team is full of quitters. When I'm telling them how much this sucks, Braum just says "well, I got auto-filled mid, so I just get to move on to the next game." Ok....what about me? > > All I wanted to do was have fun playing the new Ezreal in norms. I fill a lot, I support a lot, I just wanted to have a bot lane game for once. But no, other people are selfish. There are five people on your team, not just you. In a crazy solo queue game, a few early kills to the enemy team is not the end of the world. Exactly. I spend basically any game I am autofill protected slowly but steadily losing because top lane is actually a support main first-timing Urgot and adc is a one-trick who got ganked by the enemy jg one time and afk'd because those kinds of people are always fun to play with.
Baka Red (EUNE)
: Even though I agree with what you suggest (which I translate to mean: Opening mid is a mindset for the losers, who do not belong to the league) I downvote you for using "Unpopular opinion" at your title. People using that in the title are just fishing for upvotes and that fishing is imo bad behavior.
> [{quoted}](name=Baka Red,realm=EUNE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6Ml5rIHe,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-10-22T07:34:37.157+0000) > > Even though I agree with what you suggest (which I translate to mean: Opening mid is a mindset for the losers, who do not belong to the league) I downvote you for using "Unpopular opinion" at your title. People using that in the title are just fishing for upvotes and that fishing is imo bad behavior. Not fishing for upvotes, I legitimately feel like anyone who takes this game seriously has tried too hard to adopt Korea's playstyles and now if you don't give second blue to a mid laner they leave.
Subdue (NA)
: ....What makes you think this is an unpopular opinion?
> [{quoted}](name=Subdue,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=6Ml5rIHe,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-21T14:03:20.114+0000) > > ....What makes you think this is an unpopular opinion? Considering how unfortunate I am to see it in like 1 out of 3 games I play.
Eedat (NA)
: I'm not "triggered" by you throwing insults.
I feel a lot of this on a spiritual level. People will see an 0-2 bot lane and just go 'welp gg open mid' and then spend the next 7 minutes throwing themselves at the enemy until they're 2-6 when they were 2-0. Instead of trying to offset the sagging part of our team with their own strength, they just give up and throw the game for 4 other people. This isn't an isolated incident, it happens so often. And when you look at the match history it doesn't even tell 1/10 of the story. Someone will be 1-11 but it doesn't tell you that they were 1-0 with first blood which they took from their top laner during an invade and the top laner flamed them for it and then fed their Darius 14 kills, who then killed everyone on your team who was still actually trying like 8 times each because Darius. But it makes it look like they suck, or they inted, and people will report you for that kind of thing. Trying to win, or trying to get a pick, and then dying instead because of how behind you are. The system is never going to be perfect, and I'm honestly happy with what we've got here because I myself just got my 25 game restriction for being a salty lil' sh*t and it's kinda given me that slap awake I needed. I get angry at people for afking in base when I'm trying to win, but when I sit there and flame people I'm just doing the same thing. I don't wanna be that person, and I'm not gonna let myself be that person any more. Unless the match is 27-1 I am going to keep trying to win. I'm not gonna flame anyone, I'm just gonna try my best to get whoever is left on my team ahead to make up for the person who is behind so that they can farm back into the game safely while I apply pressure elsewhere.
Rioter Comments
: But shouldn't it be easy to say you can honor an opponent only if they have XYZ (XYZ = some indicator that they did NOT throw... e.g. at least a grade of A+ or S-)... or something like that? I think there should be a way (although I of course agree with your point generally!).
> [{quoted}](name=Mephisto3,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3T5Ey81z,comment-id=00160000,timestamp=2018-10-16T14:35:04.403+0000) > > But shouldn't it be easy to say you can honor an opponent only if they have XYZ (XYZ = some indicator that they did NOT throw... e.g. at least a grade of A+ or S-)... or something like that? > > I think there should be a way (although I of course agree with your point generally!). Well that would generally mean that people who should get honored wouldn't sometimes, because all it takes it someone trying their hardest and being humble if they lose to be honorable but losing easily gets you a B or below on most champs these days.
: Insane Nunu Glitch Cost Me My Lane
Definitely had the glitch where you just randomly see Nunu on the map, but never had it teleport him around. I... actually got a fat Ezreal ult on him at Gromp to kill him 'cos it showed me where he was. >_>;
: Pls bring back "Honorable Opponent"
I'd love it too, but lots of people abused it. "Will int for honor" was a very big thing a couple years back before they removed it so 2+ people on a team would just throw in an attempt to get the red banner because... well, I dunno. The banner I guess. Having a crest of honor was a big deal back then.
Fraione (EUW)
: Ability cancel/ignore gamebreaking bug (applies to all champions)
God... this would make sense why my Ezreal E-W-Q combos were never working properly. It'd always just E Q or E W but never fire the last ability...
: It would be a call to security and a night in jail I think.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=KEK5LbbJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-10-12T13:46:20.722+0000) > > It would be a call to security and a night in jail I think. At least we'd go 24 hours without another "ADCs are broken Riot hates bruisers I am a god and everyone is beneath me" conspiracy video that's 80% screaming and 20% situational video clips.
: This made me legit laugh harder than I have for the past week thank you
> [{quoted}](name=FailureOfAPerson,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=yQVr7VaY,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-10-11T00:26:36.903+0000) > > This made me legit laugh harder than I have for the past week thank you I'm glad! :D I just kinda... thought of it out of nowhere haha.
Rioter Comments

Psycho Catalyst

Level 21 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion