: Can Pyke get disabled in ARAM? Or nerfed at the very least?
Unfortunately there's only 1 guy that works on ARAM and he's not able to do anything beyond minor number adjustments.
: What is game coding?
> [{quoted}](name=Hunkmenlordy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fAAIeMpe,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-09-20T22:26:34.698+0000) > > The other day I was debating with people on discord about wheather or not the in game champion quotes are actually talking about garen and katana(The taunting quotes of illaoi, jhin, tahm.), and people believe it's a game coding, but my debate is : since the quotes do not contain garen's name or katana's name, they can be talking about garen x someone and katana x someone. Because garen and katana compete each other and have similar path of their own lives, it's not contradictive if those lines have similar sentence constructure. > I got insulting words and banned for disagreement with them, this is rediculous. I too ship Garen with japanese swords.
Sukishoo (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Vc0oBm7k,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-20T21:52:46.007+0000) > > Well it logs you in automatically so nobody would see them anymore. No, that's only if you've selected to Stay Logged In
> [{quoted}](name=Sukishoo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Vc0oBm7k,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T22:03:31.921+0000) > > No, that's only if you've selected to Stay Logged In Which almost everyone will do... They said the SG login will be the last animated one.
ODiiiiiN (NA)
: No more cinematics on Log In??
Well it logs you in automatically so nobody would see them anymore.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:38:05.061+0000) > > But it is a handicap. If it wasn't then somewhere in these 9 years of league people would have been doing it. You lose _so_ many opportunities by not having flash. It sounds like you are giving a textbook answer without personal experience. Why not try my idea once or twice and see how it feels? I'm not saying to try it in ranked games, but try it in normals for fun. Maybe it won't feel like a handicap.
> [{quoted}](name=mmoran5554,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=00040000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-20T14:24:21.337+0000) > > It sounds like you are giving a textbook answer without personal experience. Why not try my idea once or twice and see how it feels? I'm not saying to try it in ranked games, but try it in normals for fun. Maybe it won't feel like a handicap. I've been around since season 2 I have plenty of personal experience with people trying to run exhaust ignite. It wasn't good then, and nothing has changed to make it good now. If anything exhaust is a lot weaker than it used to be.
: If you have 1mil+ points and are still in at least plat. You really should find a new main.
That has nothing to do with champion skill though. The difference between plat and diamond is game knowledge.
: My one hope for Season 10: Bigger, more complex Rift.
There's only so much room in the game for complexity before it's just too much to expect people to learn. And the more mechanics you add the more difficult it is to balance things.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:27:39.925+0000) > > You know what else is fun? Not deliberately handicapping myself. Before you claim it's a handicap, try it out. I would never ask people to try a strategy that I felt was a handicap. I have successfully used Ignite and Exhaust together in normals and ranked games. It's fun and different from the usual flash gameplay.
> [{quoted}](name=mmoran5554,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:31:47.374+0000) > > Before you claim it's a handicap, try it out. I would never ask people to try a strategy that I felt was a handicap. I have successfully used Ignite and Exhaust together in normals and ranked games. It's fun and different from the usual flash gameplay. But it is a handicap. If it wasn't then somewhere in these 9 years of league people would have been doing it. You lose _so_ many opportunities by not having flash.
: I think everyone here missed my point. I am telling you to try it for **fun**. This is not a post about changing the meta or abandoning flash in ranked games. Have fun with this strategy in normals, it is fun and interesting.
> [{quoted}](name=mmoran5554,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=VYwtfluc,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-09-19T19:12:42.358+0000) > > I think everyone here missed my point. I am telling you to try it for **fun**. This is not a post about changing the meta or abandoning flash in ranked games. Have fun with this strategy in normals, it is fun and interesting. You know what else is fun? Not deliberately handicapping myself.
Varkha (NA)
: Why is PBE shutting down so often recently?
PBE goes down for maintenance daily when they do updates. This is normal.
: Tanky supports must try Exhaust and Ignite together!
Or I could just take flash and flash cc someone out of position for an even easier kill. Everyone takes flash for a reason.
: Valve vs Riot
And yet the last original game valve produced was artifact, which now has a playerbase of under 100. Valve is not the king of the gaming world they used to be, they're just coasting off of steam sales and owning the rights to dota. It's actually pathetic how lazy one of the original pioneers of the gaming industry has gotten.
Infernape (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m5MugBFW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-18T04:33:58.571+0000) > > They've explained this in dev blogs but because of new additions and regular improvements to the game code RGMs require maintenance to keep running, otherwise they would accrue a lot of bugs. This happened once when they rushed out URF as compensation for clash failing and the champion trade feature simply didn't work. Then again, in all this time, Riot should've really reworked their backend systems so this doesn't happen. The game is clearly held together by nothing more than duct tape and spaghetti code. It's actually hilarious that a company as lazy as Valve can have and support multiple game modes within DotA, while Riot can barely support more than three or four.
> [{quoted}](name=Infernape,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m5MugBFW,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-18T04:50:42.343+0000) > > Then again, in all this time, Riot should've really reworked their backend systems so this doesn't happen. The game is clearly held together by nothing more than duct tape and spaghetti code. > > It's actually hilarious that a company as lazy as Valve can have and support multiple game modes within DotA, while Riot can barely support more than three or four. They do work on their backend systems, but there's so much tech debt ingrained from their early years that it's not a simple fix. Dota got made on a fully built and very sophisticated engine, Riot did not have such a thing when they started league. https://technology.riotgames.com/news/taxonomy-tech-debt
: Remember when Riot said they'd commit to RGM?
They've explained this in dev blogs but because of new additions and regular improvements to the game code RGMs require maintenance to keep running, otherwise they would accrue a lot of bugs. This happened once when they rushed out URF as compensation for clash failing and the champion trade feature simply didn't work.
: Best Mid Laner to Main?
The single most important thing for a main is finding them fun enough to actually play them that often. As long as you can check that off it doesn't matter who you learn since you can climb with most anything in this game.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ENGRorqU,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-09-15T00:55:00.060+0000) > > He doesn't get used in pro because their reaction time is fast enough to flash his ulti. For the average player though yeah he's pretty obnoxious since we don't respond that quickly. you know his ulti speed is boosted by predator right? Imagine hitting hat and hes just in range and boom instant death no reaction time or counter play
> [{quoted}](name=Ninja Anubis,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ENGRorqU,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-15T03:57:14.189+0000) > > you know his ulti speed is boosted by predator right? Imagine hitting hat and hes just in range and boom instant death no reaction time or counter play oh that's kinda silly
iiGazeii (NA)
: CDR should come at a higher premium
Their cooldowns are long because CDR items exist. If you go making CDR hard to get champs like Aatrox would end up getting compensated which, in the end, means nothing was really accomplished.
: Malphite being meta is literally killing league
He doesn't get used in pro because their reaction time is fast enough to flash his ulti. For the average player though yeah he's pretty obnoxious since we don't respond that quickly.
: ok sure what's the mistake i made when tristana jumps at me from fog of war places a bomb over my head crit three times then as soon as the bomb explodes i die
> [{quoted}](name=DoranShieldOp,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NoBV0dEJ,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-13T08:15:36.841+0000) > > ok sure what's the mistake i made when tristana jumps at me from fog of war places a bomb over my head crit three times then as soon as the bomb explodes i die Why are you in a position where a fed trist can jump on you without consequence? Why is she that fed in the first place?
: Looking for a strong pair of audio headphones, preferably with a good microphone below $200.
vmoda is worth checking out if you want your headphones to last a really, really long time.
: @Riot Any news about him?
Not any time soon. Voli and Fiddle won't even be done till next year.
: crit based champs are too op in low elo
Has nothing to do with crit they're just good at exploiting mistakes unskilled players make.
Wander3r (NA)
: Please let us look at replays from a previous patch
They don't have it that way by choice. The spectator client is unable to read old patch data. Replays aren't true video recordings of a match, they're more like recreations of it. Once the game patches it no longer knows how to recreate that match because some of the needed data is now missing or changed.
Cloud273 (NA)
: Remember when you didn't have to log into an account to play games?
Console publishers hate used game sales and have done everything they can to make buying used games less of an option.
: Did the sacred sword skinline sell that hard? Do people like these skins?
I'm not terribly enthused about them but firstly I don't play those champs, and secondly I'm not too by bothered them catering towards the chinese market since they've done the inverse before, Riot Blaustoise has mentioned Odyssey sold better in western regions.
: "we overnerfed riven"
Except they decided against the buff.
PunPun00 (NA)
: Bots in not PVE modes.
These are actually not Riot implemented bots, these are people using unallowed third party programs to level accounts to 30 and sell them. You should report them after the game so that Riot can ban them quicker. It's been an ongoing problem for a few years.
: Does Riot read the board?
Some of them read but either don't have the time to reply or don't want to reply because they find the boards too hostile.
Miseror (NA)
: I don't understand Riot's response to Game Modes?
Probably has to do with the amount of tech debt in league. Smite and Hots were built in the ground up in a sensible way that could easily accommodate future content. When Riot started league they weren't very experienced, didn't have a solid foundation and also chose to use Lua as their scripting language, which they later discovered down the line was not a good choice but is too ingrained into the game to simply remove. They've mentioned having to "macgyver" pieces of the game together. League also expanded in popularity faster than it could evolve at a technical level, which is why it has problems that feel like a game of its caliber shouldn't have.
: if anti fun champions like yasuo, Pyke, Kaisa, Sylas are allowed to be in the game. Revert Yorick?
Yorick wasn't fun to play against or play _as_. He was always bottom tier playrate since he came out.
Ahris (NA)
: How do you carry these games?
By not dying 8 times and throwing away your lead.
: Blue Essence to Riot Points
That's not how business works. Even if it brings it more players those players would be there for _free_ stuff and wouldn't make up for the lost income.
Matt24z (NA)
: Is elementalist lux worth the money
25$ for 10 skins combined into one is actually pretty reasonable. It's the only ultimate that I'd say is worth its pricetag.
: just got banned at lvl 1
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/023/021/e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg
: Why do you keep playing this game?
I can't convince my friends to play any other games I enjoy and don't have the means to get a larger circle of friends.
Terozu (NA)
: Nubrac or whatever you name is.
The thing that cracks me up is of all places he chose to advertise himself it's a forum that gets relatively low traffic.
: Reverting xerath?
No idea what you're referring to. I used to play him before his rework and I don't recall him ever having that mechanic.
: What keystone do you reckon is best for Braum top?
: I believe rito should give everyone who has been perma banned a second chance.
They tried doing this once as a small experiment but it was unsuccessful as most of the perma'd players did not reform.
Muzen (NA)
: twisted treeline and nexus blitz into custom games. also dominion?
They explained why they can't do this here https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/09/ask-riot-events-and-game-modes/ The post mostly talks about rotating modes but the same issues apply to treeline and such.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EKqN0Z3U,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-07T05:58:36.156+0000) > > The fact they're removing twisted treeline should tell you how much they actually valued that map. I didnt even know that....still my point is that if you're gonna have other game modes than summoner rift, then take into consideration the players that play these game modes, and how frustrating it is for them to not get mastery tokens simply because they dont play summoner rift.
> [{quoted}](name=TrixpowerFakeZ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EKqN0Z3U,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-07T12:46:56.200+0000) > > I didnt even know that....still my point is that if you're gonna have other game modes than summoner rift, then take into consideration the players that play these game modes, and how frustrating it is for them to not get mastery tokens simply because they dont play summoner rift. A negligible amount of people play TT. Like I cannot even begin to emphasize how small the modes playerbase is. This is why they're fine with removing it.
: > [{quoted}](name=Busty Demoness,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EKqN0Z3U,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-06T15:44:57.983+0000) > > I think the biggest reasoning is that you aren't really demonstrating full mastery of the champion because you're basically skipping the lane phase entirely and have accelerated everything. > > While the same metrics are used between SR and ARAM, some of those metrics have much lower thresholds because of the nature of ARAM. I mean that is true, but then if lane phase is the big reason then why cant you earn the level 6 and 7 mastery tokens in twisted treeline either? They have a lane phase in there, even though the style of play is a little different...so is it that i have to demonstrate full mastery of my champion only in one mode, sr, while no one cares about aram or twisted treeline? In my opinion if you have these other game modes, you should be able to get tokens for the champion if you demonstrate mastery of that champion in the game mode.
> [{quoted}](name=TrixpowerFakeZ,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EKqN0Z3U,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-09-06T19:14:04.654+0000) > > I mean that is true, but then if lane phase is the big reason then why cant you earn the level 6 and 7 mastery tokens in twisted treeline either? They have a lane phase in there, even though the style of play is a little different...so is it that i have to demonstrate full mastery of my champion only in one mode, sr, while no one cares about aram or twisted treeline? In my opinion if you have these other game modes, you should be able to get tokens for the champion if you demonstrate mastery of that champion in the game mode. The fact they're removing twisted treeline should tell you how much they actually valued that map.
Trezor97 (EUW)
: Should Google Stadia players be allowed?
League wouldn't be playable from Stadia unless Riot allows it on the Stadia store. The service doesn't let you stream anything you own, only things you've purchased on Stadia.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Gs3rKHzE,comment-id=000200000001,timestamp=2019-09-06T21:03:58.186+0000) > > You don't. You cannot physically stop someone from dodging because they don't want a jungle Ahri on their team. And I don't blame them. You are picking an inefficient jungler which means you are making it harder to win. But let's say you get into the game right? Playing as a "troll" pick but you are doing really well. But your teammate still continues to flame you, afk, whatever else how do you deal with this? Its a struggle I see in lower elo in every other game.
> [{quoted}](name=2To16Hobos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Gs3rKHzE,comment-id=0002000000010000,timestamp=2019-09-06T21:36:14.036+0000) > > But let's say you get into the game right? Playing as a "troll" pick but you are doing really well. But your teammate still continues to flame you, afk, whatever else how do you deal with this? Its a struggle I see in lower elo in every other game. Beyond muting them you can't do anything. Personally I only play troll stuff with friends in normals because then there's no hassle.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quality Content,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Gs3rKHzE,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-09-06T18:32:16.003+0000) > > Other junglers do similar things but clear and duel better. You're just gonna get teammates trolling or dodging your games because they don't like your pick. Any tips to get around this? It sucks whenever someone dodges for a "troll" pick.
> [{quoted}](name=2To16Hobos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Gs3rKHzE,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-09-06T20:14:26.303+0000) > > Any tips to get around this? It sucks whenever someone dodges for a "troll" pick. You don't. You cannot physically stop someone from dodging because they don't want a jungle Ahri on their team. And I don't blame them. You are picking an inefficient jungler which means you are making it harder to win.
: if you false report too much
False reports don't even do anything. The system scans the chat logs, sees nothing wrong, then moves on.
: Last 20 seconds of ARAM champ select should lock the champions and reveal the enemy team
: Ahri Jungle In Lower Elos
Other junglers do similar things but clear and duel better. You're just gonna get teammates trolling or dodging your games because they don't like your pick.
: Bork, BloodRazor, and Rageblade
Yi is the only champion that buys all 3 and it's because of how his passive interacts with them. The problem is not the items, it's Yi.
: New to Ranked Decimated Gameplay
I once had a mid start inting my game because I wasn't ganking his lane when he kept playing like a monkey vs Yasuo. So yes the ranked experience is kinda shit but at least they give us the option to turn off allied chat now.
Show more

Quality Content

Level 133 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion