rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4s6BGIM,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:35:03.599+0000) > > Thing is, those who play games develop more understanding than their parents do. Imagine 10-20 years from now when we become parents, our kids won't have to go through something like "but mom/dad, i just started a match and i cannot leave it!" > Explaining league to my parents even in 2 different languages (Arabic and English) was a literal hell. So... you don’t think parents can teach good money skills to kids? Wow. Then how did my parents teach me good money skills? How do millions of teenagers/young adults around the country have good money skills? The problem is not a generational gap. The problem is that parents don’t teach kids “look, if you want a guaranteed something in life, sometimes you have to pay extra for it”. The example a lot of people would use is airline tickets - if you want a guaranteed aisle seat, you either pay extra for it or you accept not getting it later. If you want a guaranteed “free Big Mac” from the McDonalds Monopoly game, you buy a damn Big Mac, because the chance you get it from Monopoly is small and you’d end up spending more trying to get it that way than just buying one. It’s. Not. Hard. Parents are just lazy nowadays.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4s6BGIM,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:37:08.275+0000) > > So... you don’t think parents can teach good money skills to kids? Wow. Then how did my parents teach me good money skills? How do millions of teenagers/young adults around the country have good money skills? > > The problem is not a generational gap. The problem is that parents don’t teach kids “look, if you want a guaranteed something in life, sometimes you have to pay extra for it”. The example a lot of people would use is airline tickets - if you want a guaranteed aisle seat, you either pay extra for it or you accept not getting it later. If you want a guaranteed “free Big Mac” from the McDonalds Monopoly game, you buy a damn Big Mac, because the chance you get it from Monopoly is small and you’d end up spending more trying to get it that way than just buying one. > > It’s. Not. Hard. Parents are just lazy nowadays. Every single one of your posts is filled with conjecture. It has absolutely nothing to do with teaching kids how to spend money properly... god you're so dense. Do you know what an addiction is? Gambling is an addiction. Do some research instead of just posting dumb shit like this. Just because there's a guaranteed minimal outcome does not mean it is not gambling. You are not forced to spend money, but just because you aren't forced to does not mean that is not present or still fact. Just because you think something isn't there doesn't mean it's not there just because you don't want it to be. You can argue philosophically whether or not you're still gambling even if you're not spending money. Money is defined as currency, and time is the most valuable currency of all as it =/= money depending on what you do with it. In any case, think what you want, but you are incredibly wrong.
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4s6BGIM,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:31:17.213+0000) > > It definitely should pass. It IS gambling. Skirting the law by making it online is manipulative and just as wrong as it would be for casinos to allow minors. How is it gambling? Loot boxes are **not** a “game of chance”. If you think loot boxes are gambling, you should also think that “Monopoly at McDonalds” or similar games are gambling. You’re buying a **guaranteed minimum** and possibly getting more than that guaranteed minimum. That’s not gambling - that’s *extra*.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4s6BGIM,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:33:22.821+0000) > > How is it gambling? Loot boxes are **not** a “game of chance”. If you think loot boxes are gambling, you should also think that “Monopoly at McDonalds” or similar games are gambling. > > You’re buying a **guaranteed minimum** and possibly getting more than that guaranteed minimum. That’s not gambling - that’s *extra*. That's literally gambling. Changing your words around to suit your ignorance does not make you right. You literally just defined gambling but then said "That's not gambling". *Facepalm*
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=DalekZec,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4s6BGIM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:18:34.328+0000) > > To be honest, i don't mind League having an age limit. Most game should have that, even Fortnite (the communication with kids in save the world is hell, even with voice chat), but it's hard to tell if there are actual kids playing league of legends, or to know how many at least. > > But i honestly don't get how things like loot boxes are gambling, or not too sure at least (never bothered looking into such topic, probably should). The purpose of these things are to give you some tools that will help you. Sure some will not be what you expect but it's better than nothing and can still be helpful. Maybe i never played a game that has such a thing so it's safe to say that i'm naive with that one. They aren’t gambling. But many parents complain because they can’t parent their kids into making smart decisions because they’re shitty parents, so the government is trying to get involved.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E4s6BGIM,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-08T22:29:29.085+0000) > > They aren’t gambling. But many parents complain because they can’t parent their kids into making smart decisions because they’re shitty parents, so the government is trying to get involved. Actually it is a form of gambling. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, but perhaps you should look up the definition of something called a "Variable Reinforcement Schedule". Gambling is present in most if not ALL rpg games in some way, shape, or form. Whether you are spending in-game currency or real money.
Napoleon3 (EUNE)
: zed vs rammus full build.
How has no one pointed out that Zed had 380 farm while rammus had only 150 or so? That's 15 kills worth of CS difference, plus as someone pointed out, zed full stacked cleaver and had lord doms.... You people are braindead, sorry. NERF ZED PLX HE'S TOO OP, HE'S INSANELY FED AND SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO KILL ANYONE. Also one last statement, he doesn't HARD counter zed, he hard counters anyone who's primary source of dmg is right clicks (autos)
Jamaree (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quantified THC,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-24T00:57:28.712+0000) > > For sake of not compromising the content in general I'll change the title. Translation: Shit, I have been called out on my bullshit, better try and hide the fact.
> [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=000000010002,timestamp=2019-04-24T01:01:44.091+0000) > > Translation: Shit, I have been called out on my bullshit, better try and hide the fact. I fail to see the accuracy of your claim as nothing outside the title itself has been changed. It was done so to accurately reflect the overall message, and my statement about the game going downhill since tencent acquired full rights to Riot Games still stands. By all means though continue stroking your ego and feel free to provide any of your statistical evidence about how blue essence is better. Thus the point of civil discourse (something you are incredibly lacking in).
: {{champion:268}} is more overloaded than any champ you listed
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Saltarin,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-04-24T02:03:58.495+0000) > > {{champion:268}} is more overloaded than any champ you listed I forgot to take him into account. His kit is overloaded to some degree but I would say that out of most of the champions listed, he is harder to play well than most. Also he is a mid-late game monster with clear weaknesses early if you draft a champion that doesn't get abused by his ridiculous ranged advantage (only Xerath comes to mind atm)
: > [{quoted}](name=Quantified THC,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-04-24T00:57:28.712+0000) > > Yeah except things like loot boxes and the transition from Influence points to blue essence didn't appear til they acquired the remainder of RG in 2015, genius. first it's about game balance, next it's about lootboxes. I don't even know what you're on about, given as how you've seemingly deluded yourself into thinking the tencent "takeover" was a recent thing.
> [{quoted}](name=gabetheguy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-24T00:59:12.258+0000) > > first it's about game balance, next it's about lootboxes. I don't even know what you're on about, given as how you've seemingly deluded yourself into thinking the tencent "takeover" was a recent thing. There is no delusion at play here. My statement still stands firm and I changed the title to more accurately reflect the message being portrayed. I am sorry you are having difficulty comprehending the purpose behind this. You pointed out an error, and I fixed it. However the key fundamental points still stand and the game has steadily gone downhill every since Tencent (as I pointed out) acquired the full rights and ownership to Riot Games and all of their related content. Thank you for your constructive input!
: NO OFFENSE, but it was HARD reading that with CAPS LOCK intersecting with random champion portraits. NO offense, LIKE I said. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> [{quoted}](name=Boltonator,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-04-24T01:00:36.414+0000) > > NO OFFENSE, but it was HARD reading that with CAPS LOCK intersecting with random champion portraits. > > NO offense, LIKE I said. > > {{sticker:sg-lulu}} None taken :)
: tencent has owned like 90% of riot since season 2 einstein
> [{quoted}](name=gabetheguy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=k58PRdEJ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-24T00:52:08.714+0000) > > tencent has owned like 90% of riot since season 2 einstein Yeah except things like loot boxes and the transition from Influence points to blue essence didn't appear til they acquired the remainder of RG in 2015, genius. For sake of not compromising the content in general I'll change the title.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Tuition Fee,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=EGAHMEbn,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-03-27T01:04:50.448+0000) > > Nope. I've been filled jg more than supp. Dude I queue for support fill and still get put in the jg.
Everything finally makes sense. I haven't gotten my main role in forever cause I pick jungle as 2nd..... now I know why.
T2K Baka (NA)
: My friend had to change his name cuz he put something that riot decided 3 months after that it was inappropriate. So im gonna go on the assumption that since he changed his name its ok for me to use it here (nigerianqweefbag), we found it funny, but im not saying that names that promote suicide is funny. Something i saw in a ranked game was INTeresting. A duo bot lane with the names: Lynch N-word and N-word Lynchers These two somehow were able to get those names, i did find it funny that they were able to get away with those names from lvl 1 to 30 and 2 seasons of ranked.
I too find inappropriate names funny (Like Finger my Yas) but I draw the line at suicide.
: > Absolutely sickening and disgusting. Why are you taking this on as a crusade? It's commendable that you're supporting mental health awareness, but you're pinning this entire serious issue on Riot when that's not warranted. When something like this gets reported, it doesn't get fixed immediately, and you're not going to be notified due to privacy reasons about anything that has to do with someone else's account. You did your part. Move on.
Why do you care what my reasoning is? My logical assumption is that you don't and that question is rhetorical so with all due respect I refuse to answer it. If people have a problem with something that goes against their beliefs, they stand up for and fight for what they believe in. Do I expect anything to really get done? No, this is RiotCent we're talking about. I have seen people be forced to name change within a few minutes after reporting them, mind you I can accept this is a variable aspect and naturally can take days, but my original question still stands. While your statement does have some merit, it is not factual, nor entirely accurate. Also, I don't appreciate your dismissive commentary or advice as I did not ask for it, just to be clear. You have a right to say what you want and I gladly enforce that right but I definitely do not agree with your statement at all.
: Jesus. Get over yourself.
Thanks for your constructive and helpful input! Edit: I just want to point out that people like yourself are a large part of the problem in today's society but I will not continue that conversation further outside of pointing out that you are merely the shallow type of person who (as pointed out) offers nothing constructive to the conversation and makes an inflammatory comment with no intent other than to satiate your own ego and self worth over another person. Best of luck to you, though.
Rioter Comments
Barcid (NA)
: Riven now still sits at a 56% winrate with a 60% on her mains
Yeah sure lets just ignore the fact that on-hit neeko has over 60% win rate in top and bot lane and focus on riven as if she's the main problem with this game. Neeko is a brainless champion with a very low skill floor and low skill ceiling, Riven is a highly mechanical champion with arguably the highest skill floor and ceiling in the game and should be rewarded as such to take the time to master a mechanically advanced champion. But yeah lets focus on Riven guys! Edit: Spear of Shojin + Conq makes her broken, I agree. So we introduce a new item and now have to nerf a specific champion because of said item? Seems like good balance practices. Get rid of the stupid item because balancing champions around items and not the other way around is just stupid.
: “dOn’T cAlL uS fUcKiNg GrEeDy” - Marc Merrill
Why does it seem everyone here lack critical thinking skills? Just because they are making skins and they are cosmetic/option does not mean jack shit. None of you know anything about psychology or a term called variable reinforcement schedule. Look it up. Now all I have to say is that YES Riot is a greedy company. They sold their rights to LoL years ago to Tencent and ever since then the game is going downhill and they are killing it themselves. the game has been dumbed down so that it's accessible to anyone with things like lowered TTK and removing the former runes/masteries/ip and replacing them with this abomination that they currently have, all for the purpose of making the game EASIER to access but take MUCH longer to acquire champions. This is literally what every company does. They get something good then a big company comes along to buy them out and then the game slowly goes downhill year after year because the developers practically no longer have any say whatsoever. It's a damn shame and and I cannot be more frustrated with people that are so stupid and blind that all they can say is "Company has a right to make money" Well guess what? 90% (not factual #) of the profits arguably and assumedly would go to the highest tier of executives. The people who bust their asses every day working hard for companies like this never get anything out of it other than a form of sustained income. Congratulations on feeding a large Chinese corporation that is directly affiliated with the Chinese government. If you think companies like Riot Games, Epic Games, ActiBlizzard give a rats ass about you? Then you are SORELY mistaken. They care about the money you put into their game. For the record, I've never bought a skin and never will. People bashed the hell out of other companies for things like loot boxes but apparently everyone here for the most part is too stupid to do the same thing for some reason? Or they have some twisted justification. Not sure which. Gaming these days has become a mainstream thing for people to make a living from. It's a multi-billion dollar industry and the interests of the developers (or at least the management) has shifted away from "Being gamers, making games for gamers".
Enna (NA)
: Bronze/silver is where the bad behavior players go, and someone who is working their way up from bronze is grouped with players who behave poorly _just because they started bronze_. Maybe the starting league should be something different, like in the middle, instead of the lowest league. This will allow players who consistently behave poorly or refuse to play as a team to be placed into the same league as eachother, without forcing players who just happen to be starting out ranked to play with the poorly behaved players. New players could have a starter league for their provision games. After the provision games are over, if they haven't afked or been reported notoriously, then they can go to a league above the badly behaved league. Players who afk in games and constantly have a bad attitude, resulting in lots of reports, should drop to the poorly behaved league no matter how good they play.
> [{quoted}](name=Enna,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=bEZELuJ7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-02-05T02:07:55.174+0000) > > Bronze/silver is where the bad behavior players go, and someone who is working their way up from bronze is grouped with players who behave poorly _just because they started bronze_. > > Maybe the starting league should be something different, like in the middle, instead of the lowest league. This will allow players who consistently behave poorly or refuse to play as a team to be placed into the same league as eachother, without forcing players who just happen to be starting out ranked to play with the poorly behaved players. > > New players could have a starter league for their provision games. After the provision games are over, if they haven't afked or been reported notoriously, then they can go to a league above the badly behaved league. Players who afk in games and constantly have a bad attitude, resulting in lots of reports, should drop to the poorly behaved league no matter how good they play. Not a single thing you said is at all true. Bronze/Silver has NOTHING to do with bad behavior players.
: Honestly, Akali has been outright oppressive in solo que for awhile. Her shrowd, not having mana, sustain, maneuverability make her really hard to deal with if the player is any good. I'm not saying she should be gutted, but maybe I want to feel like I'm fighting a freight train and not the entire train station for a change :/
They need to rework her again cause the new Akali fucking sucks, mostly because of the upcoming shroud nerf. For the record, as an Akali main, the moment this was conceptualized I thought her new shroud was fucking dumb. It doesn't matter though cause RiotCent just want you to buy their champion so they can nerf them 2 patches later. I sincerely hate this company.
: If Riot only cares and balances the game for the top 11.34% of players that are plat+ and balances the game exclusively around that, the game would turn to shit for the other 88.66%. Doing that is a shitty business model and unfair to the people who arent in the damn near top 10% of players.
Riot does not care and will never care. They do not even own this game anymore. Tencent owns them. What Tencent says, goes. Don't be delusional and think that their shitty business model will ever change.
Bârd (NA)
: Riot, if you want money, there are a lot of things we'd be willing to buy...
The problem you guys seem to have is thinking that Riot has any actual control over what happens to this game. Tencent own 100% of the rights to Riot Games and all their related logo's and trademarks. Ever since they were bought out, League of Legends as a game, has become 100% about money and 0% about player enjoyment. If you think I'm wrong that's fine, but you're wrong. Companies have every right to do what they can to make a profit, however, with every purchase you are feeding a greedy corporate foreign company (chinese government) who's only focus is to continue to have a monopoly on the gaming industry and transforming EVERY good company into a flaming pile of garbage. No one has to buy anything, but that is not my point. My point stands and will always remain that they no longer give 1 single modicum towards creating a better gaming experience. They just distract you with a lot of flashy and modernized features like these ridiculous ranked armors and the new ranked system is designed ESSENTIALLY to make you HAVE to play more, despite them saying otherwise. Also just cause I'm salty af (related to the above) that they gutted Akali when she already had a very sub-par win rate right after they release the KDA skin line and even Prestige KDA Akali which some people (not myself) probably invested a moderate amount of time and money into only for one of their favorite champions to be gutted, and for what? Because she shits on people 1v1 in pro play? Because her win rates are average, with a decent pick/high ban rate, where the majority of her wins are in the first 25 minutes and falls off dramatically after that. Stupid. Edit: Also I am not new to the fact they do this with all their champions. It's a very clear and they've been doing it for a long time. Buff champion one patch, release a new skin 1-2 patches later, nerf champion 1-2 patches later, rinse repeat. Marketing.

Quantified THC

Level 23 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion