: so who braided Senna's hair?
She's still got hands no? She braided it herself.
Queenpin (NA)
: Why do you still play League? (I'm considering redownloading)
So, the general the apeal of Leauge is feeding an addiction or chilling with friends? I do have friends that still play so that is an option for me, but part of what had me interested again was the idea of playing solo and meeting new people. I understand that solo play in a multiplayer game is a toss up in regards to the personalities you meet, but I feel like that’s what’s expected? If your friends don’t play the same titles as you, you gotta find people to play with in game right? I’m genuinely asking here because again, my bread and butter is RPGs.
Queenpin (NA)
: Why do you still play League? (I'm considering redownloading)
@Et Tu Geddn XNa Thank you for your insight. I thought about taking up Apex Legends but the extent of my first person gaming has been Dishonoured so I’m kinda hesitant.
Rioter Comments
: Daniel Klein, the wonderful face of Riot: * Racist against people of color * Believes women were created inferior to men * Tells men they are no longer welcome in gaming * Tells those same men to die by walking into a turbine And yet we get punished for much less? Very fair Riot, definitely not shooting yourselves in the foot with a fucking machine gun.
> [{quoted}](name=Cant Fit Lette,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=q7fUm4A0,comment-id=0027,timestamp=2018-09-06T05:23:55.161+0000) > > Daniel Klein, the wonderful face of Riot: > > * Racist against people of color > > * Believes women were created inferior to men > > * Tells men they are no longer welcome in gaming > > * Tells those same men to die by walking into a turbine > > And yet we get punished for much less? Very fair Riot, definitely not shooting yourselves in the foot with a fucking machine gun. I'm confused... If he believes females are inferior and also believes that males who play League (or games in general) should kill themselves, then who is he making games for? I also don't fully understand what he's trying to say with that tweet. Is he making fun of "meninists" or is he making fun of the fact that there was an all female panel at a convention?
Amorith (NA)
: I'm not playing this game anymore until Riot wakes up.
> [{quoted}](name=Amorith,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=M1ml3tet,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-11T08:56:56.515+0000) > * Tired of all the fucking mobility and CC being in the game to be honest, any champion that doesn't have any of that is completely lost in the void, especially my favorite champion, being Naut. > Naut has CC though? He's got a pull, slow and a knock up. He's also got some mobility if you anchor terrain. I mean sure he's not Kayn, but to say he doesn't have **any **mobility or CC just isn't true.
: Garen has been winning the VS event to this point. Darius then took lead.
Does it _really _ matter which side you chose though? The king you chose doesn't dictate the orbs, icons, wards, borders or emotes you can buy with mission tokens or otherwise. Nor does it affect the availably of the legendary skins. Sure, apparently the winning side gets 1k blue essence, but regardless of who wins **each ** side gets 1k blue essence if they complete all the missions. Is it really such a travesty that the loosing side misses out on an icon and some extra essence? And what happened to the "No one cares about icons" and "BE sucks" sentiments from a while ago eh? But now that some people are on the loosing side of an event, icons are a precious commodity and blue essence is the ichor of the gods... {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: We really need a way to punish people who int in lobby to make people dodge because they got filled
I never understand why people do that. Having no support and 2 people mid probably isn't going to lead to a win, and I imagine (perhaps naively) that people who act the way this Lucian did are doing so because they really want to win and don't think they can in a role they aren't comfortable in. But... they're just blatantly worsening their odds. So ya I just don't see the point in ever doing that.
: How long until they find a fix for Camille?
If her problem is that she works well when played properly, ya I'm pretty sure Riot thinks it's fine.
: I agree with those in this post, I like the Garen Icon much more AND like Garen more, but Darius is just objectively, significantly more popular. I understand the general premise of winning the war so you get that icon or whatever, but honestly that seems really really BM to the team that loses. "OH you like this skin and icon better? have the icon you didn't want :) to never use :) and always remind you of the icon you wanted but that doesn't exist and can't be gotten :) :) :)"
I mean... Generally, you don't get rewarded for loosing. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: I feel like league's only popular cause people can't afford to play much else
I dunno, literally everything in game is free now that chest and level capsules have been introduced and there are still people who have complaints about the cost of things in League. I started playing League cos it was a way to connect with my friends and now I guess I continue to play because I use League as a breather during RPG binges. It's got a concept that's straightforward enough that you don't have to be firing at all cylinders to play and enough variety and difficultly to be interesting. Overall its a decent way to chill, not a burden I bare because I can't afford to play anything else.
Larius01 (EUW)
: If you could have any champions powers whose powers would you want?
I'd say either {{champion:7}} or {{champion:99}} Le Blanc is an illusionist and a master manipulator (thought I don't know if that's apart of her power or an aspect of her personality) if I had her power I could hand some one a blank peace of paper and they would see a $100. I could be invisible a, teleport short distances, and put on magic shows for my little cousins. Have an all around good time. Lux can harness the power of light so if I had her ability I think I could probably still be an illusionist, but it'll probably take more practice. And if her positivity is somehow connected to her power to that'd be awesome I think I would do with being more optimistic.
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=002e00000000,timestamp=2018-05-23T21:16:26.452+0000) > > Still not 100% > And I edited (what I thought) was instantly 'cause that seemed rather harsh. > > I'm just frustrated with all the talk and no real action around LQBTQ+ representation. For how much Riot "gestures" you'd think League would have several gay champions by now. As I have said a couple times in this thread, we really shouldn't. In fact if we did have several gay champs who commented as much that'd be really strange given the number of champs and how few even mention orientation. Like I totally understand why people want representation, but quite frankly (and nobody will or should like me saying this but here goes) there's just not that many queers out there. So in a sample size of 120 some characters (I'm not counting Blitz or the like) of which only a few champs have even mentioned who they prefer, which leads to the numbers making sense. So whereas champs like Diana or Leona probably are gay (and I imagine will eventually be confirmed as such, likely to specifically try and address this very topic) the chance that it'd actually be mentioned in universe makes sense. The fact is most of League isn't about romance, with champs like Lucian or Xayah & Rakan being exceptions, and so seeing what is basically an exception of an exception is really rare in all honesty.
So as you've mentioned, League has a champion pool of around 120. If Riot is as inclusionary as Riot claims to be you don't find it odd that out of that pool and the approximately additional 5-6 champions released a season (excluding season one) that only 1 champion is gay? I won't speak to how many LGBTQ+ people there are in the world and how many of those people play League because I have no idea what that percentage is. But going off your opinion, I will say that I know what inclusion is, and it's not about pandering to/placating a majority. I'd also like to add that Lucian, Xayah and Rakan aren't exceptions. I think it was already mentioned here but champions like Ekko, Taliyah, Zoe, Illaoi, Azir, Camille, Ahri and Darius have all be shown to be heterosexual through either VO or lore. Why can't the same treatment be given to champions released this year or in the future?
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=Apu9NoEs,comment-id=002e,timestamp=2018-05-23T16:25:28.642+0000) > > Honestly feels like Riot is all bark and no bite. If they so on board with supporting the LQBTQ community then why can’t they publish lore that included the community in a meaningful way like champion? A champion that’s not 1/3 gay on a technicality like possession. 2/3s actually
Still not 100% _finger guns_ And I edited (what I thought was) instantly 'cause that seemed rather harsh. I'm just frustrated with all the talk and no real action around LQBTQ+ representation. For how much Riot "gestures" you'd think League would have several gay champions by now.
: Hi Riot, I'd like to have an honest, earnest, and open conversation about gay characters.
Honestly feels like Riot is all bark and no bite. If they so on board with supporting the LQBTQ community then why can’t they publish lore that included the community in a meaningful way like champion? A champion that’s not gay on a technicality like possession.
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=000100030000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T20:20:11.007+0000)Why does preexisting lore need to be rewritten or added to? Because Riot believes in evolving stories. Anything we don't know about a character is potentially something that will become revealed or determined in the future, and, in order to tell narratives, you need to be willing to create details that didn't exist before. *shrug*
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=0001000300000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T20:22:52.351+0000) > > Because Riot believes in evolving stories. Anything we don't know about a character is potentially something that will become revealed or determined in the future, and, in order to tell narratives, you need to be willing to create details that didn't exist before. *shrug* Well there is a difference between expanding and evolving a story and adding in representation on a technicality. *shurg*
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=0001000300000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:40:45.437+0000) > > That would actually be the same. Riot would once again be hiding diversity behind a prexisting character instead of letting a character who is gay stand on their own. I guess my point there is that we don't know the sexuality of those characters, so it's not really hiding anything -- it's just something we don't know, because it hasn't come up yet. There's no reason either of them couldn't be those things, unless we're falling into the assumption that everyone is straight unless specifically called out as otherwise. *shrug*
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=00010003000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:45:15.465+0000) > > I guess my point there is that we don't know the sexuality of those characters, so it's not really hiding anything -- it's just something we don't know, because it hasn't come up yet. There's no reason either of them couldn't be those things, unless we're falling into the assumption that everyone is straight unless specifically called out as otherwise. *shrug* Changing the sexual orientation of a preexisting character instead of creating new characters who are of those orientations is basically Riot is trying to give it's self a pat on the back for effort it's not actually expending. It feels more like they're trying to be diverse on a technicality or fill a quota than it does inclusivity. Again, there are 5-6 champions are released a year. Why can't one of those champions be gay? Why does preexisting lore need to be rewritten or added to? It's hiding.
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:29:27.086+0000)I think I agree with this but then I remember Varus... That doesn't mean you disagree -- it just means you don't think what happened to Varus was respectful of his original character. To some extent I agree -- Varus was one of the few characters with a defined family, so losing that with his redesign (and complete re-imagining) was different than, say, finding out that Garen likes both genders or Malzahar is gay. I'd call that more an issue with how drastically Varus was re-imagined than an issue with diversity though.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=000100030000,timestamp=2018-05-17T19:36:13.474+0000) > > finding out that Garen likes both genders or Malzahar is gay. That would actually be the same. Riot would once again be hiding diversity behind a prexisting character instead of letting a character who is gay stand on their own. EDIT: I’m genuinely not trying to be rude here but it feels like you didn’t read my original comment in full and stopped at what you quoted.
: >Diversity isn't inherently a GOOD thing. People should stop praising "Diversity" on the spot and instead look to Diversity as a tool to be used to further a character and story, just like any other tool for a movie/book/video game I think you're misunderstanding what is often meant by "diversity." When you say "If it fundamentally changes the character to be gay, black, german, irish, etc. then that character should be gay, black, german, irish, etc.", there's an unspoken assumption that there is a *default* for that character in being *not* one of those things. That's a problem, as it basically says "the default is straight and white, and any shift from that MUST be done ONLY for story reasons." The goal of a diversity initiative is to say "what if there weren't a default assumption?" While it is easy to see as "let's just make characters diverse for reasons," this is mostly due to the fact that there currently *is* a default assumption, so stepping past that can feel like just adding characters for the hell of it. The long-term goal, however, is "let's get to a point where a character can be themselves, and no one assumes that they're only gay/black/white/german/straight/etc because there's a specific story reason for it."
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=E97wpOKj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-05-17T18:38:33.022+0000) > > The goal of a diversity initiative is to say "what if there weren't a default assumption?" While it is easy to see as "let's just make characters diverse for reasons," this is mostly due to the fact that there currently *is* a default assumption, so stepping past that can feel like just adding characters for the hell of it. The long-term goal, however, is "let's get to a point where a character can be themselves, and no one assumes that they're only gay/black/white/german/straight/etc because there's a specific story reason for it." I think I agree with this but then I remember Varus... That change kind of did feel like Riot was making characters diverse for "reasons". I am 1000% on board with gay characters being included in League and I don't understand why Riot can't just do that? There are 5-6 champions related a year, can they really not just make one of those characters gay instead of hiding behind pretesting characters and memes? Because, that doesn't feel like actual diversity. Its like how R.K Rowling patted herself on the back for being inclusive and accepting person because she made Dumbledore gay (in a comment mind you not the actual books), but when there is an opportunity to explore and present that she backs away from it.
: "No." It's a complete sentence.
I think shortest complete sentence (in the English language) is: Go.
: I'm guessing they just never bothered to write a bot script for them.
Asinine (NA)
: practice tool has missing characters
Sorry to revive an old post but does anyone know why only certain champs are available to practice against? Are champs like {{champion:157}} and {{champion:90}} to difficult for a bot to control or something?
: Pyke remembers his fate and how he was betrayed by his crew. What he does is he seeks revenge on those who had betrayed him. While Nautilus was also betrayed by his crew, Naut lost complete sight of who he was when he woke up. He wanders around searching for clues on who exactly he was. The two main differences between the two are, one is out for revenge on who betrayed him, and one is searching to find out who he was.
~~I don't know if he remembers that much if I look familiar ~~ Good point, I see what you're saying.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: Pyke, the Bloodharbor Ripper
Was he on the same ship as Nautilus?
Saezio (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=0025000100020000,timestamp=2018-05-13T19:16:12.799+0000) > > I might be getting lost in the metaphor here but is sounds like you're saying self defence isn't a thing. Self defense on the internet? Show me how it ever did good to anyone and I will gladly hear you out. How would ignoring them not have been better? Ignoring is the best self defense when there is a screen between you and the other person. Face to face sure bash the idiot's head in.
I wasn't talking about self-defence on the internet though, I was referring to the example/metaphor of a physical altercation.
: Sure, you can play that game. I’m just saying that it’s hard to play victim when you become like one of your attackers. But then don’t be surprised when all of you get banned. By the way, how the hell would hitting back defend you from future hits? Hitting back would result in the opposite; you would both keep brawling. It’s a vicious cycle and someone has to stop unless you both want to beat each other to dead. You see, that’s why we differ. While you would probably slap back, I would act like it hurts just so the person is more likely to get punished and I go my way happily.
> [{quoted}](name=MlND THE GAP,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=T7Hz2AEc,comment-id=002500010002,timestamp=2018-05-13T13:33:15.359+0000) > > By the way, how the hell would hitting back defend you from future hits? Hitting back would result in the opposite; you would both keep brawling. It’s a vicious cycle and someone has to stop unless you both want to beat each other to dead. > I might be getting lost in the metaphor here but is sounds like you're saying self defence isn't a thing.
KingMC10 (NA)
: League sucks...
It's just ok
Queenpin (NA)
: Any Advice for earning S ranks (or just playing better in general)
Thank you both I'll work on my CSing {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
Rioter Comments
Echoing (NA)
: Hah. Caught myself. > I'm not saying that's why you did this change to Riven, but let's be honest - you couldn't have written this story with old Riven and her Noxian ideals. This is false, actually. Instead of being haunted by the ghosts of weak Ionians that died because Riven was stronger, Riven is instead haunted by the ghosts of her squad, her family and trusted friends, killed because she didn't find out about the chemical weapon attack in time. Instead of being held on trial for killing one specific old man - which is somewhat contrived to begin with - she's held on trial for the chemical weapon attack. And instead of being forgiven because she didn't mean to kill the elder, she's forgiven because not even Noxus's greatest soldier is willing to defend the chemical weapon attack, and Riven's steadfast rejection of that is what convinces the people that a Noxian can be something more than just an oppressor. You lose out on Yasuo's presence, but this approach hits all the same story beats otherwise while maintaining Riven's old character. This could have been done. This could have been possible.
Rivier (EUNE)
: You are downplaying riven's conviction in the nocian ways. She used to be a poster child in noxus who joined to military to strive for greatness not just for a better life. Her belief and dedication was so strong that she became a commander and was recognised with her runic blade.
That's her past though. Like with all the other champions mentioned, while they have a past in one place their present/future is in another.
Echoing (NA)
: Confessions of a Broken Blade Resolves Issues Too Quickly.
> [{quoted}](name=Echoing,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=FKEzRKr2,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-04-26T05:43:50.799+0000) > > > If you're only taking away one thing from this, Riot, let it be this statement: Please don't change a character and then resolve core flaws with that character in the same story. It cheapens the investment we have in your characters, and defeats the purpose of introducing these changes in the first place. It also encourages what I think is a rather dangerous path - **changing up a character's personality just to get a story out of them that wouldn't be possible otherwise**. I'm not saying that's why you did this change to Riven, but let's be honest - you couldn't have written this story with old Riven and her Noxian ideals. > > As always, I'm excited for new lore updates. I just hope that if Riot has to completely rework a champion's character (looking at you, Alistar), that they give us some time to get to know this new character first before they start making major changes to this character. This is generally what happens during lore updates though (excluding Burning Tides). Sometimes it allows more compelling lore like (in my opinion): the Demica lore update, the Evelynn lore update, the Azir and Xerath lore update and Confessions of a Broken Blade. And sometimes it tries to do something good but ends up feeling cheap like (in my opinion): the Varus lore update. In addition, while lore is a big part of why I enjoy any game I understand that it's not really apart of the gameplay when it comes to League. In fact, the only time (in my memory) that lore and gameplay were in sync was when Gangplank "died" and became unplayable for a bit. So to those who are caught up on Riven's VO and that fact that she's still fighting doesn't quite match up to her personality in the new lore, I understand the frustration but I also think that's a weak leg to stand on. Another thing I understand but don't particularly agree with is the opened ended nature of most the champion stories. Every now and then it's nice to get some closure/an ending. Overall, I like new Riven. To me, the story of a broken warrior finding redemption was more compelling than a woman who's upset about war being unfair sometimes. Because lets be real, war is about winning not about playing fair. That's why it's awful.
: > [{quoted}](name=The Yung Sheets,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2xOpZqb5,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-04-25T20:52:40.353+0000) > > Anything is viable with shitty enough players haha. So basically LCS players in LCS events are great players, but LCS players in Solo Q Master/challenger games are shitty enough. Sounds legit bro. Or maybe solo q teams draft less for comp and more for themselves and teams don't have 5 man voice coms that practice with each other for days on end.
> [{quoted}](name=BestPudgeNA,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2xOpZqb5,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-04-26T05:52:52.639+0000) > > So basically LCS players in LCS events are great players, but LCS players in Solo Q Master/challenger games are shitty enough. Sounds legit bro. They're professional players though... you can't apply the same logic to yourself as you would them.
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jfLQbasE,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-03-28T03:03:47.982+0000) > > Why buy anything (for yourself) now that chests exits? because chests drop a lot of random garbage. like emotes.
I've never gotten an emote from chest. I've only got ever gotten only skins, ward skins and champion shards. Though even if my chests did drop emotes I still wouldn't buy anything because eventually I'd get whatever I want for free, from a chest.
: serious question. does anyone actually buy emotes?
Why buy anything (for yourself) now that chests exist?
: How it affects elo is irrelevant; all players should have the freedom to say whatever they want just how all players have the freedom to mute anyone they want. Posts like this make it appear like people are forced to listen to flamers; they're not.
"Posts like this make it appear like people are forced to listen to flamers; they're not." Except that they are, because the same person who's telling you to kys or delete the game could be the person typing "jg bot side" or "[insert champ name here] ult down."
: Nobody considers Bear Grylls the ultimate survivor. He sleeps in a camper or hotel between takes and has a camera crew and medic with him. He is an entertainer that advises many poor survival techniques and dangerous stunts. You want somebody more geniune on TV watch Survivor Man.
I don't watch either I was just trying to make a point. If Survivor Man works better for you just insert his name where you see Bear's in the post. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Queenpin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FMdjATAE,comment-id=000400000001,timestamp=2018-02-22T02:50:25.080+0000) > > [I dunno of this warranted but SPOILERS for Steven King's Salem's Lot and IT] > > I think Malzahar was the one who tossed Kai'Sai in the void. > > Though, now that you mention the difference between Kai'Sa and Malzahar's reactions to the Void the situation reminds me of a book called Salem's Lot by Stephen King. The story is about a vampire slowly taking over a town and there are two separate scenes where a vampire tries to get a character to let them into their house to feed, one is with an little boy and the other an old man. The old man has heart attack because he's petrifired by the sound of an vampire entering (or trying to enter, been a minute since I read it) his house through his guest room window and the kid straight up allows a vampire into his house and then wards it off with a plastic glow in the dark crucifix. > > It's implied that the stark difference between how those 2 characters react is due to the fact that there is just something about a child's mind that allows them to deal with supernatural situations better than adults. To reference Steven King again, in IT, even though the kids defeated Pennywise in their childhood in adulthood one of the kids he kills himself to avoid having to face IT again because he's absolutely terrified. It's sort of the same deal in Neon Genesis Evangelion, kids have to be the ones to try and save the world because adults just can't. > > So I dunno maybe that's the route Riot is taking with how Kai'Sa survived. > Again, we don't have the lore yet so who knows. Decent headcanon... but my issue isn't that there are no reasons she could be the way she is... but that they did such a poor job conveying them! She comes off as very bland, disinterested and generic. Not even "my emotions are all muted by an alien world" either... they could have conveyed that better if that was what they were going for. I don't think she needs better excuses to exist. I think she needs better characterization. Right now we can toss a ton of headcanon onto her because she's kinda a blank slate without any strong themes or moods behind her. SION of all people comes across as more deep. He's a screaming berzerk monster... except a few times when he says things that imply he's vaguely aware of what he's become and that he can no longer control himself. Warwick too. Berzerk monster.... occasional moments of humanity tragically buried beneath but trying to emerge. She doesn't get this kind of characterization. She always seems to have the same tone. Never seems upset or ruffled much. Never seems to have some void-granted PTSD. Never seems to act on alien thoughts or impulses from her symbiote suit. She never acts like she was almost insane from loneliness, or seems the kind of torn up you'd expect from someone who spent their entire time growing up struggling to survive in an alien world. Even if the void doesn't drive you mad (Which malzahar's lore kinda suggests it DOES, but w/e) she seems very close to unaffected by her ordeal. Beyond the powers, of course. You wouldn't write this kind of character into a movie or show, because they fail to convey the character that is implied by her backstory. She should be struggling to keep it together... or perhaps just completely emotionally alien from people. She should be SOMETHING. She's not. Either they didn't put much effort into her as a character, or they failed in their attempts to bring across the characterization they wanted her to have.
Read your post directly below your reply to me and I gotta say I agree with you. You make some solid points but I've just accept that this is the way she is. Riot's not going to change her no matter how many solid points or opinionated posts there are on the boards. I think I'm just kinda defeated? That sounds much more dramatic than I intend it to be though aha... I guess I'm saying that applying my experience reading a book to why, upon meeting her father Kai'Sa only seems mildly curious is easier than talking about why a change I know I won't see would be better than what is. Which is not to say that you or anyone else ought to stop posting! Like I said, you've got some solid points. (Also, if you weren't being sarcastic about my head cannon thank you for the compliment.)
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=kH05v0uM,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-22T03:01:56.454+0000) > > Girls just enjoy supporting I suppose. Lux and Annie are not supports. The topic is more about girls enjoying playing as girls more for one reason or the other, and also for some reason most of the female champs are around the support and mage spectrum so girls play those more. Girls also don't seem to like playing the non-conventional female characters that much too, so while not impossible, but they are less likely to play champs like Camille, Kalista, Rek'Sai, or Illaoi etc. Then there is also the thing about girls not liking to play the "slutty" champs too, so champs like Cassiopeia or Evelynn are typically out of the question as well. Let's just say girl games are usually more picky than guy gamers.
I mean, they could also just prefer the ability sets. I don't think you gotta dig any deeper than that.
: Why Kai'sa is not insane.
Commening because there is no follow thread option (to my knowledge).
: > [{quoted}](name=Declovone,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FMdjATAE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-02-21T23:41:15.556+0000) > > "Someone" doesn't understand what the Void does. Does Kassadin sound insane? Does Malzahar sound insane? > Both voices are distorted, sure, but both men are calm. They say nothing to imply they've gone mad. From others' stories-- mainly Vel'koz-- we only know that the Void drives lesser men insane. That'd be the likes of average foot soldiers like HelmetBro. > > The only difference between her closely related characters and Kai'sa is that she, because she was not magically corrupted as those two were, doesn't have a distorted voice. She's calm, and seems indifferent even when showing emotion because, as far as we can tell without her story, she's not only conquered her fear-- she's conquered every emotion. Um... malzahar's background is literally that he was a seer that saw that the void EXISTED and went insane, believing that people will never be able to stop it and the only choice is to join it. Kassadin went so bonkers over it that he threw his daughter into the void in the first place... not to mention the man floats, has no legs and needs a mask to even BREATHE anymore. She LIVED there for years, and came out of it more human than both of them and mentally affected about as strongly as one might be by a barrista getting her coffee order wrong. She flatly states her intentions with no passion or emotion and she hardly seems invested in her cause... She's a waste of so much potential. Like they sifted out every interesting thing they could have put into her as a character and gave us only the bland shit that was left over.
[I dunno of this warranted but SPOILERS for Steven King's Salem's Lot and IT] I think Malzahar was the one who tossed Kai'Sai in the void. Though, now that you mention the difference between Kai'Sa and Malzahar's reactions to the Void the situation reminds me of a book called Salem's Lot by Stephen King. The story is about a vampire slowly taking over a town and there are 2 separate scenes where a vampire tries to get a character to let them into their house to feed, one is with an little boy and the other an old man. The old man has heart attack because he's petrifired by the sound of an vampire entering (or trying to enter, been a minute since I read it) his house through his guest room window and the kid straight up allows a vampire into his house and then wards it off with a plastic glow in the dark crucifix. It's implied that the stark difference between how those 2 characters react is due to the fact that there is just something about a child's mind that allows them to deal with supernatural situations better than adults. To reference Steven King again, in IT, even though the kids defeated Pennywise in their childhood, in adulthood one of the kids kills himself to avoid having to face IT again because he's absolutely terrified. It's sort of the same deal in Neon Genesis Evangelion, kids have to be the ones to try and save the world because adults just can't. So I dunno maybe that's the route Riot is taking with how Kai'Sa survived. Again, we don't have the lore yet so who knows.
: Concerning Kai'Sa and Character Design
It a pretty funny that the people who bring up Kassadin's old lore to support the willpower argument are (sometimes) condescending about people not having read the lore, when technically they're the ones that haven't read the lore. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
: Anyone else find Kai'Sa's character... boring?
When she was first revealed I wanted her to be stark raving mad, but it looks like her story isn't going in that direction... which is honestly fine. I thought it would be cooler to see a broken survivor than an ultimate survivor but who knows, her full VO has just been released and has her lore isn't out yet so maybe she's a good character and we just haven't seen the whole picture yet. I guess its easier to get swept up in our own ideas and perspectives that it is to just let Riot tell us a story. Which is not to say that the players ought to shut up and let Riot spoon feed them subpar narratives but I'm also not saying that the narrative team are subpar writers. I think it's just easier to believe that you (by which I mean humans in general) are right an others are wrong than it is to believe that people doing something you disagree with or weren't expecting is right/ok. EDIT: I'm saying that fully acknowledging that I wanted Kai'Sa's character to be different than what it seems to be too. The Lovecraftian/eldritch angle was really cool to me but as much as those genres emphasize inescapable madness they do focus a lot on the power of the mind (usually to point out how the human mind is not the strongest, but still).
: "Bullet Angel" looks identical to "Pulsefire" Caitlyn in theme and effects
I think it's part of the Super Galaxy line? Also I'm pretty sure that "bullet angel" is a reference to a show that I can't remember right now. It's on the tip of my tongue.
Ralanr (NA)
: It’s not face shapes I really care about, it’s more that many of the female champions are similar and it’s using a body type that we define as the most sexy form. The fact that they all have a similar face only helps support this.
Sorry, I assumed you were taking about faces since that's what this post is about. You have a solid point about the majority of the female champion body types looking similar.
Ralanr (NA)
: Yes it saddens me that people generally want this aspect of beauty and don’t really accept others. Granted I’m thinking on a larger scale that ends up impacting the body image of both men and women but that’s not the kind of discussion we need right now.
I don't come to the boards that often so I can't say with certainty that there haven't been a lot of people ranting about what the "optimal" face shape for a champion is, but I do remember the chatter around Fiora's splash update and I think that was more of an immature reaction to change than a adverse reaction to a certain aspect of beauty. Personally, I never payed attention to face shapes because there were more interesting things about League for me to focus on. Which is not to say that because I'm indifferent to this there is no problem, rather that you might be mis-categorizing people's lack of attention as an active rejection of different face shapes. Also... it's a precarious line to walk trying to regulate or shame people's preferences. Like "Sorry Mandy but you can't tell people you like Sarah's red hair because that'll make Meagan feel bad about her brunette hair" (I doubt you do anything as ridiculous as that, I'm just making a point).
Ralanr (NA)
: Riot admitted this problem is one reason why they designed Illaoi like they did. Too many female champions basically shared the same model but with different hairstyles and clothing. Which I can see and it saddens me that so many people want more of that.
It saddens you that some people just pay more attention to other aspects of the game? Even if people specially want more of a certain type of face shape that's just their personal preference and not a travesty.
Galacius (NA)
: Does Master Chief deserve to be a hero even though he dons on a power suit? It's not his instincts... it's his suit.
> [{quoted}](name=Galacius,realm=NA,application-id=Ir7ZrJjF,discussion-id=ivlHY7TX,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2018-02-21T14:20:16.471+0000) > > Does Master Chief deserve to be a hero even though he dons on a power suit? It's not his instincts... it's his suit. There's a difference between hero and survivor though. Super suits can be synonymous with heroes (like with Master Chief, Iron Man, Frozone and Shinji Ikari) but Bear Grylls wouldn't be considered the ultimate survivor if every episode he got an airdropped in a super suit and he used the integrated flamethrower to make his camp fire instead of rubbing sticks together. That's because survivors/survivalist are synonymous practical skills.
: Since when did **Sales **matter in an F2P game, or are you gonna tell me there is no Santa Claus either?!
> [{quoted}](name=Grjjm Reaper,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=xjVxmWiO,comment-id=002d0000,timestamp=2018-02-21T13:42:07.787+0000) > > Since when did **Sales **matter in an F2P game, or are you gonna tell me there is no Santa Claus either?! I've got some bad news...
: I'm not saying don't complain about Kai'Sa, but keep in mind something...
I'm thinking you're right. People (myself included) thought the splash was a little weird given her the backstory in the blurb but if Riot is gonna go the "ultimate survivor" route rather than the "driven mad by retaliation" route then I guess everything checks out. Personally, (and I've mentioned this before) I think being able to "survive" the Void diminishes the power of the the place because it's not Mount Targon you know? People don't "master" the Void. It's not a place you go to test your mettle or transform, it's not a place you go at all. I've always pictured it as a terrifying lovecraftian plane of existence but if that's not the direction League wants it to go anymore then who am to stop it? Nothing but a pebble in the ocean over here.
Show more

Queenpin

Level 68 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion