: Viegar/Nasus passive scaling is good design?
Absolutely it is, differing power curves is an important part of the genre. Fun fact: While Veigar is a late game champion due to the power of his infinite scaling, Nasus is not because no amount of scaling can overcome his weaknesses in mobility and champion durability scaling.
: jax buys sheen and he cant be 1v1'ed what do u mean jax should be able to win easily vs riven 2.0 he can easily just jump on him run him down with e and dodge his Q's aatrox literally loses to any auto attack based champ. hes like a melee adc once you get into his face he can escape and dies easily hes only good if the enemy has no mobility and doesnt get in his face can build full tank and legit 1v5 and thats unfair same shit with nasus. nasus doesnt even need to fight just farm under tower until you get your armor item and its gg for top lane
Sheen is the worst component, you can't duel anything with just a sheen, and if you're building properly you only win in literal straight autoattack fights while most champions have burst combos or ways to harass.
GankLord (NA)
: Runes reforged was the beginning of the end (opinion)
oh yeah dude grinding for stat buffs and rune pages was so much fun i totally miss when balance changes meant i had to switch from ad to armor pen marks and had to dump an entire month's worth of IP into my pages, or if I wanted to add a new champion to my pool then I would need a new page worth a full priced 6300 champion. nothing says fun competitive pvp like people spending money on an ip boost to afford a larger raw stat bonus to make me auto-win trades.
: Anyone remember when ornn came out, had a 38% winrate, but was totally fine, and then riot....
It's almost like new champions are never balanced and shouldn't be allowed in ranked until players have a chance to learn them and riot has a chance to deal with egregious balance errors. Making them available in Ranked makes the short term stakes very high meaning Riot has to act quickly with buffs even if the low winrate is due to players learning the champion.
: Can we get a prestige skin that isn't blatently geared towards the same demographic every time?
Prestige skins are transparently about milking money off of whales who devote huge portions of their income to entertainment, which generally means people obsessed with 2d waifus. This is the same reason the anime industry is flooded with moe stuff even though it isn't popular with the wider general audience: the niche who enjoys it is willing to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on merchandise for their favorite character.
: Petition to remove auto fill
> [{quoted}](name=NanoFlameZeroOne,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=qsNFelLw,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-16T20:13:09.169+0000) > > This is the only game I know of where you cannot play the fucking role you want to play all the time. Do you just not play other games?
: > [{quoted}](name=Malix Farwin,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jxx8JOh6,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-05-16T22:47:56.954+0000) > > It is not but here's a hint, look at my icon. yeah that doesn't tell me anything, no idea what that is
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8RkrHW9P,comment-id=000000010002,timestamp=2019-05-14T14:42:28.013+0000) > > You are out of your mind. Why? Explain to me how, exactly, Malphite wins a tryndamere lane? Or even holds his turret against him? (Spoiler: he doesnt. Malphite needs constant jungler attention from 02:00 to even stand a chance against Tryndamere)
By building tank and pressing the E button. I don't think he even needs to resort to Bramble Vest (but that's always an option to make winning the lane truly trivial).
: I really wish Varus could get an update to his model...
he should be split into two champions, one with the old lore and visuals based on his current look, and another with the new lore and a kit and visuals inspired by that.
: Reasons why I think Dr. Mundo deserves the 2020 VGU spot the most
I like simple champions and you want to ruin one of my favorites.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8RkrHW9P,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-14T07:03:46.709+0000) > > He hard counters all the other tanks? Aside from Sion he still does very poorly against Ornn, Malphite, Gnar, and Mundo; He doesn't do especially well against Maokai or Cho either. Really the only tank he does well against is Shen but Shen is considered pretty weak for solo queue. Tryndamere usually has a very hard time against Juggernauts which make up most of the immobile tanky champions. You seem to have a very backwards understanding of his matchups. Gnar is not a tank. Just saying. And these changes make tryndamere better against ranged champions, remember? Gnar could farm relatively safe against trynd pre-6 in the past - this is no longer the case. Cho'gath needs to hit every Q. Every single one. If he misses one, the game is over for him. He will never be able to recover, and trynd can dive him every time his ult is up. Maokai couldn't really do anything against tryndamere even before all the tanks were gutted. The last time he was relevant would be season 6, with the sunfire + iceborn meta. Tryndamere shits on Malphite. There's nothing Malphite can do in trynd lanes - he can only sit under turret and pray Trynd doesn't freeze the lane near his own turret, because then he'll get killed if he tries to walk into exp range. Old Ornn could do decently against Tryndamere. New Ornn has a hard time doing decently against anyone but Nasus. Tryndamere, like Yasuo, hard counters most of the juggernauts (the exceptions being Urgot, where it's a skill / jungler matchup and Illaoi, where she just smashes her face into the keyboard and wins every matchup other than Fiora or Renekton anyway.) In the past, Teemo and Malphite were prime counterpicks for Tryndamere. Now Tryndamere is a prime counterpick for Teemo and Malphite, because of his spin - which, this patch, got an enormous buff.
> [{quoted}](name=Frontline Fury,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=8RkrHW9P,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-14T10:31:38.022+0000) > > Tryndamere shits on Malphite. You are out of your mind.
: ***
Stats sites disagree with you and you are out of your mind if you think Trynd has the advantage in the Gnar matchup. I don't appeal to my own experience playing Trynd, but to statistics and the expertise of Diamond+ Trynd players so it makes no sense for you to reference my own rank.
: Tryndamere got a mobility buff to help him deal with mobile ranged champions
He hard counters all the other tanks? Aside from Sion he still does very poorly against Ornn, Malphite, Gnar, and Mundo; He doesn't do especially well against Maokai or Cho either. Really the only tank he does well against is Shen but Shen is considered pretty weak for solo queue. Tryndamere usually has a very hard time against Juggernauts which make up most of the immobile tanky champions. You seem to have a very backwards understanding of his matchups.
: Support decides to try and take all CS from level 1
play the game out, report the player, forget about it and move on. I cannot stress how important it is to adopt a thick skin for this and many other issues related to your teammates who are ultimately outside of your control.
: trynda
That dilemma of "Hold the lane and let your team fight without you," vs. "fight with your team while the enemy takes towers," isn't a Tryndamere problem, that's just called "Playing top lane." EVERY top lane player should have split-pushing as a tool in their arsenal and every top lane player spends their whole career learning how to play around that tool and recognizing how to best respond to it. Is Trynd fed? Then you have to 2v1 (or sometimes 3v1) him. Does that cost your team too much on the rest of the map? Well tough luck because feeding the opponent has consequences. Do you need to fight with your team so they can win a 5v4? OK then you need to clean up that teamfight quickly and roll down the mid lane taking objectives before Trynd gets too far. Don't have a way to force a fight or clean it up quickly? Well tough luck you should have built a better comp. You're encountering the most basic problem in League's macro play and pretending it's a unique problem to Tryndamere when it's actually _playing the game known as League of Legends._
Mannny (NA)
: Wouldn't it be a good game design plan that would improve the quality of games to make it so that people are required to have at least some experience on a champion they wish to play in ranked?
: > [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=20BN6LR3,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-05-09T07:12:10.633+0000) > > Absolutely not. MMR is designed to create even matches while ranked is designed to be flashy nonsense. Uneven games are miserable so matches should be made to try and avoid them. idk i often feel like these days im not being put against people of my own mmr
Sorry you had some bad games but that doesn't really mean much.
Prime159 (NA)
: Can we do something about matchmaking ?
The way Riot weights the average is actually based on data for what is most likely to make an even match.
Ahri Baka (EUNE)
: Honestly Nocturne shouldn't have been there , he could be easily replaced by Trynda.
Nocturne is the closest thing to an acceptable choice.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Yea but... Would you trust the community to do a better job?
I'd rather Riot does a visual update only (for some reason I still think they'd find a way to screw that up for Mundo) and not make significant changes to gameplay.
Rioter Comments
Kai Guy (NA)
: Hey! What up Quepha.
: So i have a serious question
Absolutely not. MMR is designed to create even matches while ranked is designed to be flashy nonsense. Uneven games are miserable so matches should be made to try and avoid them.
Kazekiba (NA)
: Stealth Kayle nerf? Removing one of her key matchups in solo lanes
I'd say Yasuo deserves a counter except what he really deserves is deletion.
: Popular Champions Getting Skins: They aren't Riot's favorites.
I don't care that the champions who get lots of skins are popular. I like the champions I like and if that isn't the same set of champions as everyone else that makes me a second-class citizen in League.
: The whole deal with support champions is that they are supposed to forgo damage for utility and be very team reliant. If you choose to play support, you are choosing to rely on your team for the damage output. That's why supports like {{champion:63}} and {{champion:143}} are so damn frustrating and flawed by design. Both of these champs do so much damage they hardly qualify as a support, yet neither of them are strong enough to force them as midlaners. And why is that? For {{champion:63}} people have already pointed out that his damage is better against clustered enemies (which bot lane has) and in midlane, he'd be dealing with enemies that can make quick work of him. Pushing him in the midlane role means he would need more single target damage, his AOE would need reduced, and he would need to be able to hold his own against oppressive early game champs. For {{champion:143}} her issues are, imo, even worse bc while she suffers from the same issues as {{champion:63}}, her overall damage output that she can deal requires setup. This is something that she can only be afforded if she isn't the focus, which in any non-solo lane, she won't be. Supports aren't designed to deal intense levels of damage. That's why you don't often see viable strategies that involve supports in mid or top lane unless that person is super off meta (like on-hit Lulu top or full AP Sona mid) or completely broken (Pyke mid). The "carry potential" that people argue every class should have is part of the reason we're in this issue of too much damage being in the game. Brand and Zyra speak to a larger problem, except it's only now when everyone is exhibiting the same problem that were finally talking about it
> [{quoted}](name=pickcollins,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=20i91tOG,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2019-05-09T03:04:23.370+0000) > > The whole deal with support champions is that they are supposed to forgo damage for utility and be very team reliant. Wrong. They are supposed to forgo _gold and experience_ and still be useful (which by extension would make them team reliant). There's no reason a Support's contribution can't include damage (and damage, at least in the early game, has always been a staple advantage of many support champions).
: IF The only thing that Matters is MMR and Rank Doesnt Worth Shit Then show me My MMR not my RANK
: > [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=20i91tOG,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-05-07T23:35:34.768+0000) > > I think Brand was always destined to be mainly a support and that was facilitated more by Support income updates, the mage rework was just the final push over the edge in addition to giving him a lot of visibility as a support to solidify that image in the minds of players. > > Mid lane is about safe farming vs. burst potential and pushing power combined with roam potential. Brand's emphasis on skillshot-dependent combos and complete lack of mobility mean he's a sitting duck for many assassins, putting his waveclear and harass on the same button (W) means he can't safely clear a wave in those matchups, and lack of mobility comes back as a double whammy to make his roams weak. A generic mage in mid lane has simply been power-creeped with too many options for champions that have truly safe farming and harass (Xerath, Ziggs), assassination and outplay potential (Zed, LeBlanc), or insane roaming threats (Twisted Fate, Taliyah). The one thing Brand gets that these champions lack is big AoE damage over a combo, and that isn't useful in a 1v1 matchup. > > Imo, if you like Brand, you should learn to love that he goes in the bot lane now because that gives you a good chance to get a sick ult that bounces between two champions to stack your passive on both for massive damage, that's something you'd miss out in if you were mid laner. > > Basically all the same stuff applies to Zyra. She shouldn't get mobility, she shouldn't get absurd range, so she should just be a very scary support mage. He was not played support outside of a joke until supports were given gold. Take away the support gold and AP supports like brand will die off.
Spoiler alert: Riot is never taking away Supports' gold. Not in a million years will they consider making support into such a completely miserable experience ever again.
: Can Riot stop balancing every champion around a single keystone?
they already did, many champions use different keystones depending on the situation.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MMaGUk64,comment-id=00010002000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2019-05-08T18:35:37.373+0000) > > You said his ult should only be useful when he goes in to try and kill someone No, I didn't. Didn't even bother reading the rest.
lol it has 1s duration if he isn't autoing people and you are going to act like that's useful in a lot of other situations. I didn't realize you were ready to go full bad-faith argument on me.
Mannny (NA)
: Why do I have to take the L too then
It's a team game, that's how teams work, if you don't like that then you really should stop playing League.
: And that has anything to do with my idea because..? Or are you just whining because you enjoy playing an unfair champion? Are you a Riven main? Yasuo main? *Teemo* main? All of the above?
You said his ult should only be useful when he goes in to try and kill someone I said that lowers his options and makes him more one dimensional You asked how I said that he sometimes uses his ult to instead escape and this gives the character depth and strategy Now you're asking how that's related to your idea Did you actually forget what your idea was? What do you think this thread is about?
: Yeah, and that's why I'm not the final word. That said though, He deserves an updated kit to make him both more engaging to play as and against. Pushing R at the last second is not strategy. Choosing which way you spinning slash every 3 seconds is not depth. Built in crit chance is skill less stat checking. W and the active portion of Q are barely skills. Give him choice and strategy with more and more meaningful button pushing.
> [{quoted}](name=poopsavage,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=MMaGUk64,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-05-08T13:17:54.073+0000) > > Yeah, and that's why I'm not the final word. That said though, He deserves an updated kit to make him both more engaging to play as and against. Nah, you don't know what you're talking about. > Pushing R at the last second is not strategy. Correct, it's _skill_ > Choosing which way you spinning slash every 3 seconds is not depth. Completely wrong, that's a huge range of choices that accomplish different things in different situations, that is exactly what creates character depth. > Built in crit chance is skill less stat checking. So what? As a squishy melee champion with little utility, it is expected for him to win in an auto attack fight (which he still doesn't necessarily do at all stages of the game depending on the opponent) > W and the active portion of Q are barely skills. You're somewhat right on Q but it doesn't have to be that engaging. You're 100% dead wrong on W, it's a very powerful cooldown that has to be rationed depending on the situation and creates an interesting bluffing game between Trynd and his opponent where they can outplay it. > Give him choice and strategy with more and more meaningful button pushing. Trynd already has a lot of choice and strategy, it sounds like what you really want is flashy button combos with difficult timing that takes a lot of practice but is ultimately just like playing a really fast game of solitaire.
: Him being viable support is bad cause no support should be able to have that enormous carry potentional he has. His damage is ridicolous just from hitting ur W he oneshots by hitting his 3 comboes as a support with only ur first item. His W isnt even hard to hit and since hes played support he doesnt have to worry about hitting minions since he doesnt play mid ,he can just shot it all on the carry and watch the carry weep since he cant do shit vs getting most of his health depleted. The point is he cant be changed short of a full rework Brand will never be viable mid due to riots flawed champion design. Everything about his kit makes him more support like and a major design flaw and an issue for bot lane/support. Braindead dmg support is in on way healthy for the bot lane which is why alot of grief is about him.
No one thinks he's toxic as a support except you. You keep calling for a complete GU for the character that will effectively destroy everything we know about them. If you hate playing Brand so much then why don't you just shut up about him and play a different champion instead? There are a lot of options for mid lane.
: > [{quoted}](name=Quepha,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=31m0sjXH,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-07T16:32:44.642+0000) > > If the matchmaker tries to make evenly matched games each time then climbing is all about luck This is only true if you have achieved your "true" rank. If you're a master player playing in diamond, then you're going to have a higher than 50% winrate, and it won't be "luck"
your rank is not used by the matchmaker, so if you were master tier mmr with Diamond 1 rank, then you'll get matched against master players and your rank will go down.
: This...is literally what Tryn players do already. I don't understand your point.
I've played a lot of Trynd, I watch high level Trynd players, and I've watched a lot of Trynd coaching. You have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Trynd. Success as Trynd 100% depends on his ability to fight or flee and recognizing when to do those things. If you roll down the lane without thinking your MMR will fall.
: His ult i guess is a major issue considering thats what hurts his possibility of being played mid due to 1 v1 potential that sucks.Make him relevent Support isnt a achievement its more like a huge mistake or creating an infection. Overall Brand is just flawed in design due to this. Reason why hes popular is because hes an easy way out if u dont want to play a support that makes u think.
You have never established why being a viable support is bad. You haven't given any suggestion as to how Brand could be made into a viable mid. I've made many points and you haven't addressed any of them.
: Fact is i dont like that hes now a easily abusable support and no if u know league history or Brand/Zyras u should know that they were intended to be mid laners. Even riot in their own post stated that they wanted them to be played more mid which they tried and failed because both champs are faulty designed for being played mid in every way something that RIot hasnt recognized or completely oblivious about. if Riot hadnt failed the mage rework they could have added stuff that made both him and Zyra more viable mid but due to the failure both are stuck in bot lane taking their anger out on for being abandoned by riot on enemy adcs.
I don't care what they were intended to be and if you read my post thoroughly you should understand that. Every immobile mage that has stayed relevant in the mid lane in competitive has had SOMETHING to make them really stand out as a champion that makes their team happy to cover for their obvious weaknesses. Brand doesn't have any of those things and none of those things would fit into his kit or theme. What does fit into his kit and theme is absolutely insane damage when facing multiple enemy champions and that is a huge boon as a support. The mage update may have failed at making Brand relevant in mid lane but unfortunately for everyone, that task is actually impossible so at least it was successful at making him relevant SOMEWHERE and that place is bot lane support.
cars3n (NA)
: I don't think Kindred's marks are an issue, coming from a kindred player. They put a giant target on the map, yes, so instead of letting the team trap YOU, outmaneuver and outsmart the enemies while they're focused on the mark. If my mark is on red side krugs and top is looking bad, of course i'm not forced to go pick it up. Instead, while the enemy jungle beelines to the mark, I'm going to go clear their entire bot side along with dragon. Tracking the enemy jungler is even easier when the marks are there because they disappear soon after taken (makes kindred easier to track too, not really a big issue) so you can go gank without the threat of being countered and pick up a mark from a lane instead. Don't fight over marks if you can't, just trade something even better. {{sticker:galio-happy}}
This sounds like some of the reason that Kindred's balance state is so variable depending on small changes to the game. Is losing a mark worth dragon? what if it's a cloud drake? a kill from a gank? or blue buff? a couple tower plates? pushing someone out of lane? The answers to these questions change every couple patches based on some really obscure math, and whether Kindred is strong enough to contest when they want the mark also rides on a razor's edge. It might make her more boring but maybe her power would be more stable if stacks weren't worth as much and Kindred instead just had more baseline power from levels, so a stack could just be seen as a nice bonus but not really worth planning around.
: The choice of...what? *Having an unfair advantage of complete unkillability*? Is that the argument here?
The choice of fighting or fleeing. You want Trynd players to not have any option and instead right click the enemy and wait to see who wins in the end. This makes him simply a stat-check champion who can only be balanced as a god who wins every fight or useless because he loses every fight.
: My thoughts on Brand buffs on Pbe and the champion as a faulty designed champ
I think Brand was always destined to be mainly a support and that was facilitated more by Support income updates, the mage rework was just the final push over the edge in addition to giving him a lot of visibility as a support to solidify that image in the minds of players. Mid lane is about safe farming vs. burst potential and pushing power combined with roam potential. Brand's emphasis on skillshot-dependent combos and complete lack of mobility mean he's a sitting duck for many assassins, putting his waveclear and harass on the same button (W) means he can't safely clear a wave in those matchups, and lack of mobility comes back as a double whammy to make his roams weak. A generic mage in mid lane has simply been power-creeped with too many options for champions that have truly safe farming and harass (Xerath, Ziggs), assassination and outplay potential (Zed, LeBlanc), or insane roaming threats (Twisted Fate, Taliyah). The one thing Brand gets that these champions lack is big AoE damage over a combo, and that isn't useful in a 1v1 matchup. Imo, if you like Brand, you should learn to love that he goes in the bot lane now because that gives you a good chance to get a sick ult that bounces between two champions to stack your passive on both for massive damage, that's something you'd miss out in if you were mid lane. Basically all the same stuff applies to Zyra. She shouldn't get mobility, she shouldn't get absurd range, so she should just be a very scary support mage.
: Does 3v3 not award any tokens at all?
Sounds like treeline might be going the way of dominion soon...
: Kindred is (are?) the worst champion in the game: Change My Mind
The ultimate is about the only part of the kit that I like because it's weird, situational, niche, and really evokes the life/death idea of the character. Everything else in their kit, however, is really dull and boring and completely fails to sell Kindred as a duo, you simply feel like you're playing Lamb. In terms of balance it seems like they're a pretty big failure too. It seems like Riot has to take the natural systems in the game and make them bend over backwards to give Kindred a decent power curve and they can go from broken to useless at every stage of the game every other patch depending on very minor changes. It seems like it must be brutal to be someone who likes playing Kindred when you might want to spend half a season avoiding ranked because you auto-lose, and then the rest of the season praying you don't get banned out because no one can stand to play against them.
: I didn't read anything after the title, but here's something worth mentioning: The Butcher's Bridge ARAM map has an item that functions like a Tryndamere ultimate, except at the end of it's timeframe the champion that used the item dies. *A Tryndamere ultimate except he dies at the end of the 5 seconds.* Aatrox recently had his ultimate nerfed where he doesn't revive unless he gets a takedown beforehand. *Imagine if Tryndamere's ultimate only kept him alive so long as he's actually attacking someone?* Imagine: "After activation, Tryndamere survives for one second longer than the number of auto attacks against a champion, up to a maximum of 5 seconds."
You want to remove choice from the player and nuance from the champion.
: It's May 2019, can we get a Tryndamere that plays like it?
Nah, Trynd is fine. He has one of the only risk/reward mechanics in the game that actually works as risk/reward instead of simple risk mitigation. Your changes all sound like you want to make him into a completely generic, skill-less stat-check diver which League already has in spades. It's really funny how people complain about Tryndamere being braindead yet your suggested changes at every point on his kit remove all thought, choice, and strategy from him.
: What Should i do When im in promo and my teammate in champ select says "IM TROLL HAHA"
dodge anyways and stop worrying about your LP and promos, those are just temporary barriers that don't matter in the long run. Losing the match will cost you more MMR than dodging, and your MMR is what really matters.
Kai Guy (NA)
: Ignoring MMR completely. I want all of you to understand this is not some entirely a Riot system or decision but this has been a thing in Elo systems for a long time. Wouldent be surprised if it was a part of the Ingo or Harkness systems but as I have not studied them I cant tell ya for shure. You have K factor slowdowns in higher MMR. K factor directly impacts how much Rating points you gain or lose per match. Most Chess K factor for Masters + Tier gets halved or more. For USCF Players below 2100: K-factor of 32 used Players between 2100 and 2400: K-factor of 24 used Players above 2400: K-factor of 16 used. ^ Rule of thumbs. [Actual K factor chart is here.](http://www.uschess.org/content/view/12201/141/) In addition you will still see K factor lower with # of games. There are a few reasons this is done, Logically I think when comparing the two systems of MMR (which riot uses, just heavily modified) The Main reason Riot is doing this is to deal with Inflation. Inflation is already an issue when it impacts _We _Variable in Adjustment in Chess. Its a much more present problem for a game like Leauge because MM uses Ratings to build matches. The higher up a ranked ladder you get then the lower the System uncertainty tends to become as your Rating gains should never be so high as to enable luck to reach the top. With Standard K gains of middle of the ladder where uncertainty is highest applied to the top of the ladder you start seeing players _We _get funky. So. Bad K = Bad We. So with context of Leauge and translated to simple English what that means is that you will potentially see top end players (highest Challenger member in a match.) Gaining very low, 0, or worst case potentially Losing MMR for winning a game for being at the top of Challanger. Its a realistic fear if your Player rating adjustments are to high at the top of the ladder. Because of this Its punishing for the most active and successfully players if you don't account for inflation and if you allow their MMR changes to enable them to be so lopsided that _We _completely screw them over. I believe that there is ways to deal with this . You make We not represent the absolute value but rather a Assigned value for your top end and bottom end players. But... eh im not a math guru and I also don't have riots 10 or so years of data. LP is always slower then MMR rating so when K slowdown LP should as well. This is just my best guess on how riot would implement this, the accelerated LP gains require a higher MMR gap. It looks like that starts in Diamond 4. So its not about dicking you over. Its about maintaining system integrity and ensuring that you don't literally punish the best players in the game for being the best. Now what would be Fked up is if Riot used a Slanted K factor. Where your K variable is different for a loss or for a win. That would be utter BS. But... No way to ever see that unless riot reveals their system.
K only affects the magnitude of gains and losses, it could never make a gain worth more than a loss among two equally skilled players. This Rioter said that you ALWAYS lose more than you could gain at high ranks even though the matchmaker tries to make even matches every time.
Kai Guy (NA)
: There are a lot of reasons to do this in a Rating system. Take a look at my post in this thread and let me know if anything's confusing or I am unclear.Its been done in Rating players for chess for ages. Its not a Riot exclusive Decision, Very least it seems to go back to 1960 in chess. So, Sap is not lying. Its largely to do with keeping Integrity for the top end of competitive ladders. There is so much ignorance on the topic of MMR its honestly a bit frustrating.
You misunderstand how elo works both in chess and League. Nothing in the elo formula means that 1 win and 1 loss between two players of high, equal skill rating will cause both their ratings to overall go down, but that is what currently happens in League's ranked system at high levels according to what Rioters have said.
: Use the game's toxicity to your advantage.
> [{quoted}](name=Sebastit7d,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=fF8yrEHM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-05-07T11:32:58.534+0000) > > You want 2 free bans in champ select? Act like a toxic... Let's say, {{champion:157}} main or any champion you want banned and declare him/her, type in champ select something like "Ill dodge if u guys ban my champ". Chances are that your teammates will ban that champion, earning you a free ban! . > Don't do anything to fuel the fire if your team gets heated up, your teammates will have fragile egos very often too! These are contradictory. A dicey champ select means everyone is at each other's throats out of the gate and the slightest thing will tip them off. Better to not do anything risky in champ select. The rest is good advice, if ~~BM'ing~~ playful banter in all-chat nets you wins then go for those wins (within the summoner guidelines of course, don't go overboard)
Show more

Quepha

Level 78 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion