: i dont think you understand anything he wrote and or went into it already disregarding him as many riot apologist and excuse makers do. this is the part that stuck out the most to me > First and foremost, the best indicator for a bad or poorly written essay is the first paragraph, or the hook; yours, as it is, is less than amazing. If you want to persuade people into seeing from your viewpoint, calling them (or in a neutral case, Riot in specific) children or "a children's choir" will only further separate people's viewpoints from your own. In short: calling people children makes you yourself look childish. -_- > will only further separate people's viewpoints from your own that is the entire fucking point. do you not realize he does have a different opinion? that part of addressing an issue is to make that fact as clear as possible. the more i engage any issue weather here at work in regards to my family in regards to literally everything. im seeing more and more sheep blindly happily being lead of the cliff. even if he didn't change your opinion your actions would change. why? because now you know there are people who dont see like you do. its not a bad thing. in the end it all works together despite how insane that probably sounds. successful people all share the same attributes unparalleled focus, complete and total understanding of the subject matter, hard work, the ability to not blindly follow and to adapt ones own opinions on there own for them selves without blindly following as it seems like you do and probably most important off all a passion for what it is they are doing.
yes, correct. and i quote. "It takes an adult to admit wrongdoing. Quite frankly Riot is a child, scratch that. Riot is like a children's choir singing together for the very first time." yes, yes. a childrens choir, for the first time. allusion anyone?
: So, by objectively criticizing a poorly-written essay and the terrible hook of said essay, I've become a Riot apologist? ...Well, better than being a cherry-picker.
oh wow look at the little umbral troll now. going after the one person who clearly catches him in the act of hijacking another post. holy umbilical re-agent. please write something further so i can dissect it. do you want your final grade little umbilical re-agent? dont mind the umbilical re-agent. chasing people away from his tiny facetious victory, impressing a forum full of children.
Dispelle (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=QuiverMeTimbers,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2017-05-25T03:14:58.540+0000) > > Oh excuse me for presenting and tiny, tiny, tiny, itsy bitsy essay that. is. poorly; written. ya. ummm did this guy miss the disclaimer at the end of the essay? Oh yes you tiny english major it is an informal essay, a "rough draft" you are "grading". My elementary school teacher could do a better job grading such a tiny page of block style writing. I could care less about writing class at this point. Go suck up to a professor with too much money please. A rough draft? This is an essay specifically relating to League Behavior. If you're posting a first draft of an essay in the public League behavior forums, what venue/audience is your eventual final draft intended for?
well to answer your polite question. the final discourse would be presented to riot as a real operating instant moderation system. i thought people in the forums might actually enjoy building a topic instead of disgracing it to get more up votes and feel goods. sadly mistaken.
: You're entitled to your free speech. So am I. Your opinion is that english majors are a joke. My opinion is that you are a defensive, easily aggitated, likely ignorant.... idiot. Free speech works both ways.
wait you actually think i would grace this community with anyhting more than a one liner rough draft. look at yourself...
: Tbh... idgaf what others say. This is the best comment I've ever read. I'm saving the link just for this comment like... This is the best thing I have ever read tysm
: > [{quoted}](name=DarkLooN,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-24T18:45:41.016+0000) > > This game, nor the rules will ever change because > 1: Riot thinks their current rules are always right, absolute. > 2: They enforce TAKING abuse, not combating it or even defending yourself, or you suffer the same punishment as the abuser (No other game i have ever played does this....) > 3: Refer to 1 and 2. > > Thus, LoL. the sick and twisted part is how it is effecting other games and there plat forms i had never ever been banned for anyhthing. 2 slaps on the wrists when i got a little crazy over lulz but never ever have i been toxic. i just got a ban on xbox live because the snowflake type you see ruining rampant down voting here messaged me first with an abusive message and apparently - i honestly didn't notice this because of how little i play console now- they changed the tou and now you cant be banned for replying back and mud slinging with them. its not just the consoles companies like blizzard have started doing similarly due to the snowflakes that came from league and went to overwatch and hots. i really dont think people realize how little gamers care about what you do and how easily they will isolate the shitty players- players are not gamers-. i know plenty of people that are slowly but surely quitting gaming due to the cancer that league of legends is breeding. there is a mentality and thought process behind gamers that players dont have. i can not explain it well but gamers and players are slowly becoming more and more incompatible. players as ive seen it are increasingly less into the game and more into shitty report systems like riot has and often use riot as an example.
you are exactly right. the LoL community is total bullshit. this entire tribunal system is only in place to do one thing. give the illusion to parents that this game is actually healthy and non toxic. one time i made an account to test the tribunal and moderators. i trolled with the account for months before getting a ban for one reason. i said the word %%%got in chat. no not an offensive sentence. i typed a single word. %%%got. then i FINALLY received a temporary ban for "hate speech" keep in mind this was a crappy alt account and i was not playing in ranked. the non toxic environment is a myth. Riot just want to violate your free speech. in my strong opinion they only enforce against certain offenses, while allowing morons to stop playing mid game while walking around flaming chat. the FACT is that toxic behavior is not punished. the summoners code is now just an advertisement. to RIOT: i hope your false advertising gets you a lawsuit that sends your bankrupt (think heartbroken kids that did get trolled). i hope somebody makes a moba clone of LoL that actually does the things RIOT claims to do. to anyone reading this, there are now millions of dollars to made cloning LoL and actually having a non toxic environment similar to warframe. get with the times RIOT the public actually hates your game. your lucky i am taking the time to actually say it.
DarkLooN (NA)
: This game, nor the rules will ever change because 1: Riot thinks their current rules are always right, absolute. 2: They enforce TAKING abuse, not combating it or even defending yourself, or you suffer the same punishment as the abuser (No other game i have ever played does this....) 3: Refer to 1 and 2. Thus, LoL.
> [{quoted}](name=DarkLooN,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-05-24T18:45:41.016+0000) > > This game, nor the rules will ever change because > 1: Riot thinks their current rules are always right, absolute. > 2: They enforce TAKING abuse, not combating it or even defending yourself, or you suffer the same punishment as the abuser (No other game i have ever played does this....) > 3: Refer to 1 and 2. > > Thus, LoL. yes thank you this is my exact point. the issue is actually corruption at this point. even if i took this into my own hands and tried to change riot from the inside out. i know i would find toxic employees that support the current level of toxicity. the creepy part is people dont want this game to change because they know they can troll to a certain extent with the current system. their sick little brains just want that little fix IT gets from sticking it somebody in chat. ego driven assholes. thats all i find in forums. or a mod telling me to politely shut the fuck up or face ban. toxicity will never leave this game because the owners and rulemakers do not even understand simple cutting edge psychology i.e. positive reinforcement therapy. #reported
: So, since you're considering this an essay, I may as well grade it as though it were one. First, let's talk grammar, spelling, and overall readability: 1. A vast majority of your post consists of unbroken paragraphs, making all the content you wrote up extremely hard to digest. 2. You had a number of misspellings, homonyms, and typos, which, just to list a small few: "descent" (in Paragraph 2, when you likely meant "dissent"), "implicated" (also Paragraph 2, not sure what you meant here, but I assume you mean "insisted"), "tenant(s)" (Paragraphs 6 and 11, you likely meant to say "tenets", as in a principle), and so on. 3. More a crime than not breaking up your paragraphs, you misused full-stops/periods a number of times, creating sentences that shouldn't be there. Consider using colons and semicolons ( : and ; respectively) or hyphens ( - [the minus-key]) to separate your sentences. 4. You also had several solitary lower-case I's - personal pronouns need to be capitalized. Though, that's only a rough look at readability, GUM (Grammar, Usage, & Mechanics) and spelling; were I to go over the entirety of it, I would be wasting time that could be used moving forward. Though, that brings me to the next part: How does this "essay" serve as an essay? While it does serve the textbook definition of an essay (an article on a given subject), this post in particular is meant to be an essay whose goal is to convince readers about a certain viewpoint or proposition. Let's judge on that front, shall we? 1. First and foremost, the best indicator for a bad or poorly written essay is the first paragraph, or the hook; yours, as it is, is less than amazing. If you want to persuade people into seeing from your viewpoint, calling them (or in a neutral case, Riot in specific) children or "a children's choir" will only further separate people's viewpoints from your own. In short: calling people children makes you yourself look childish. 2. Second, be _humble_. You lose even more credibility with your poor hook by saying "I aced the intro" - you aced nothing, and only made yourself look worse. 3. You mentioned a "reason for dissent" in the fourth paragraph, but I don't see one in the second paragraph. Is your "reason for dissent" the fact that there are rules? If so, you lost points for having no reliable reason for dissent (as there will always be someone who wants to break rules) - and if not, you lost points for having no reason for dissent in the first place, and then off-handedly mentioning it. 4. Using similes like your wind-tunnel/garbage truck imagery in Paragraph 5 and then warning against imagining it both defeats the purpose of the simile entirely, and also does nothing to share your viewpoint. 5. Also in Paragraph 5, you broke any semblance of seriousness by using the emoticon "XD" - if you want to write an essay, take the subject seriously. 6. If you want to use people leaving the game as a point of reference, you need to do two things: Talk to them, and also _cite them_. Talking to them allows you to better understand their viewpoints as to why they left, rather than just claiming they left because of poor moderation on the part of Riot and their Moderators. You will also need to talk to them so you can get their permission to have them cited as reference for your essay. Claiming people's viewpoints without actually having links or citations of their viewpoints (such as searchable quotes) makes you much, much less credible, which again defeats the purpose of the essay to get your viewpoint across to other people. Moving on, we come to the last thing to look at in terms of criticism: Your proposal - or in your words, your "solution". 1. If part of your solution is to simply denounce anyone who uses the term "toxic", then part of your solution will effectively accomplish nothing. 2. If your solution involves currently-existing systems, it would probably serve you well to actually understand what the system does. Leaver-Buster penalizes players who disconnect from games in-progress, hence the name "Leaver-Buster". It's not a system that monitors every single action in a game, it monitors player connection status throughout. 3. Whenever you come up with an idea, please, for your own sake if not everyone else's, _think it through_. Your proposed player scorecard system is completely inane, requiring that players - even in Normals - be exclusively playing the game from the moment they spawn in, and nothing else. This would effectively ruin the chat systems and also penalize players for actually making in-game decisions, such as waiting out the last few seconds of radiant gold before they can purchase a _B.F. Sword_. You criticize Riot for being a "dictatorship", and yet your idea is equally as bad as you portray Riot to be. Ultimately, your essay is poorly-written, fails in its intent, and the proposal you make as your "solution" is nothing more than an elitist's half-baked fantasy that is completely infeasible in any state, rough draft or fully-developed. Your grade is 0/100, and you've earned an **F**.
Oh and i before i go i need to make it clear how terrible you are at this facetious ranting thing. you completely dodge writing any form of a serious comment, and instead you troll not only me but all the other players that want the so called "justice" offered by the tribunal. so if highjacking a post and insulting others indirectly was your topic of choice (lets not forget the criteria of being a total piece of shit english major) 10/10
: πŸ”’ "But he called me toxic first!" An essay on behavior featuring a unique solution
> [{quoted}](name=QuiverMeTimbers,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=0005000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-26T18:13:43.989+0000) > > yes, precisely. why the hell would i put detail into a rough copy of a behavior system? i knew the forums whould rip this apart and see it the wrong way anyway. > > obviously you missed the part where i suggest that every player be faced with an average overall player score. here is funniest thing about my super long original post. the only people the post is targeting is those who literally stand and chat for much more time than others. its a simple penalty system! what about an AVERAGE NORMAL MIDDLEGROUND score did you miss. its just a simple method to truly penalize toxic players. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? the summoners code is now a lie. the LoL community is clearly fake. toxicity is now not punishable once the fine line is understood. WHY IS AUTOMATIC MODERATION SUCH A HARD THING TO GRASP? because you must all be terrified of facing your arrogant self in the player "hell" i want created. with this i leave this post, i do not have words for this community any longer. unless the next message i get is from a riot employee who wants the entire discourse. as it would have appeared before i got TROLLED BY TOXIC PLAYER. i refuse to speak on this subject. good day. enjoy having the right to stand and talk shit in chat when i pummel your face with my tank :P
: What I'm trying to say is that the ideas he proposed are way too loosely worded. Like for example, I said what if I paused while sitting in a bush, and messaged to group an objective? Would that be negative points? The rules are simply too broad, and there are too many examples of a reason to do exactly that, pause and type, without just going afk or trolling.
> [{quoted}](name=Attysu The Poro,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2017-05-25T23:08:02.380+0000) > > What I'm trying to say is that the ideas he proposed are way too loosely worded. Like for example, I said what if I paused while sitting in a bush, and messaged to group an objective? Would that be negative points? The rules are simply too broad, and there are too many examples of a reason to do exactly that, pause and type, without just going afk or trolling. yes, precisely. why the hell would i put detail into a rough copy of a behavior system? i knew the forums whould rip this apart and see it the wrong way anyway. obviously you missed the part where i suggest that every player be faced with an average overall player score. here is funniest thing about my super long original post. the only people the post is targeting is those who literally stand and chat for much more time than others. its a simple penalty system! what about an AVERAGE NORMAL MIDDLEGROUND score did you miss. its just a simple method to truly penalize toxic players. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? the summoners code is now a lie. the LoL community is clearly fake. toxicity is now not punishable once the fine line is understood. WHY IS AUTOMATIC MODERATION SUCH A HARD THING TO GRASP? because you must all be terrified of facing your arrogant self in the player "hell" i want created.
Dispelle (NA)
: > you sir are a loser you are a loser, and i bet you know it. _**please report this jackass for abuse. wipe the smile off of his idiotic face.**_ he does not even know the definition of essay. what a complete fraud. Report him for abuse.....? Um.... Oh dear.
> [{quoted}](name=Dispelle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=000300070001,timestamp=2017-05-26T02:49:28.980+0000) > > Report him for abuse.....? > > Um.... > > Oh dear. at least i come right out and say what i really think instead of dancing around a subject like some english major goon.
: Sometimes people won't agree with you, but please be respectful and don't stoop to insulting them. If all you're going to do is throw around inflammatory remarks I'll have to close the thread, so please be constructive; that's kind of why people are against you right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2017-05-25T19:03:18.766+0000) > > Sometimes people won't agree with you, but please be respectful and don't stoop to insulting them. If all you're going to do is throw around inflammatory remarks I'll have to close the thread, so please be constructive; that's kind of why people are against you right now. wow when the mod walks up to the person who always gets voted down and decides to politely tell them to shut the fuck up. no offense or anything. would you prefer i go into great detail instead of using very expressive and definitive profanity? if i accurately defined my profane speech more thoroughly people would only be more offended. but ya thanks... for umm. nothing. ya thats accurate as all hell :> i mean seriously is not abundantly clear that my post is very relevant to many summoners who get voted down in the forums. your seriously condoning this level of bullying as a moderator are you not?
: Sometimes people won't agree with you, but please be respectful and don't stoop to insulting them. If all you're going to do is throw around inflammatory remarks I'll have to close the thread, so please be constructive; that's kind of why people are against you right now.
> [{quoted}](name=Deep Terror Nami,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=00050001,timestamp=2017-05-25T19:03:18.766+0000) > > Sometimes people won't agree with you, but please be respectful and don't stoop to insulting them. If all you're going to do is throw around inflammatory remarks I'll have to close the thread, so please be constructive; that's kind of why people are against you right now. wow when the mod walks up to the person who always gets voted down and decides to politely tell them to shut the fuck up. no offense or anything. would you prefer i go into great detail instead of using very expressive and definitive profanity? if i accurately defined my profane speech more thoroughly people would only be more offended. but ya thanks... for umm. nothing. ya thats accurate as all hell :>
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=QuiverMeTimbers,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-25T18:38:00.566+0000) > > blatant slander. this is the first time i have addressed the matter, of blatant slander. you are false. admit it. hypocrite! Which part of it is not warranted? You come off as biased because clearly your title and the first sentence of your post indicates exactly as such. You come off as negative because you literally call 95% of everybody here as trolls right from the beginning purely because of your opinion and you've kept on hammering that point throughout the entire post. Your OP achieved nothing, whatsoever, and it serves as a hunting-ground for the actual trolls and give more reasons for people to be dismissive towards you. All 3 of those points are correct. Seriously though, the main issue is the attitude you've come off as. Had the OP been phrased a bit more neutral and passive (srsly, I'm not joking), the post wouldn't have been received nearly this bad.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2017-05-25T18:44:21.436+0000) > > Which part of it is not warranted? You come off as biased because clearly your title and the first sentence of your post indicates exactly as such. You come off as negative because you literally call 95% of everybody here as trolls right from the beginning purely because of your opinion and you've kept on hammering that point throughout the entire post. Your OP achieved nothing, whatsoever, and it serves as a hunting-ground for the actual trolls and give more reasons for people to be dismissive towards you. > > All 3 of those points are correct. > > Seriously though, the main issue is the attitude you've come off as. Had the OP been phrased a bit more neutral and passive (srsly, I'm not joking), the post wouldn't have been received nearly this bad. please continue to slandering yourself. i am no longer paying attention to your words, i am however avoiding your arrogant and errant ego. keep in mind as well that many people move from the player base to actually work as riot employees. watch your tongue!
: This forum community is a total lie. Full of trolls who do not take the game seriously.
ooooo see i can down vote too. feel the power man. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-rainbows}}
SEKAI (OCE)
: > [{quoted}](name=QuiverMeTimbers,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-05-25T18:27:55.811+0000) > > well reasoned? you mean neutral, passive, and useless posts? I think most people would at least rather a neutral, passive and useless shit over biased, negative and equally useless shit such as your OP written above.
> [{quoted}](name=SEKAI,realm=OCE,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2017-05-25T18:30:52.032+0000) > > I think most people would at least rather a neutral, passive and useless shit over biased, negative and equally useless shit such as your OP written above. blatant slander. this is the first time i have addressed the matter, of blatant slander. you are false. admit it. hypocrite!
: So, since you're considering this an essay, I may as well grade it as though it were one. First, let's talk grammar, spelling, and overall readability: 1. A vast majority of your post consists of unbroken paragraphs, making all the content you wrote up extremely hard to digest. 2. You had a number of misspellings, homonyms, and typos, which, just to list a small few: "descent" (in Paragraph 2, when you likely meant "dissent"), "implicated" (also Paragraph 2, not sure what you meant here, but I assume you mean "insisted"), "tenant(s)" (Paragraphs 6 and 11, you likely meant to say "tenets", as in a principle), and so on. 3. More a crime than not breaking up your paragraphs, you misused full-stops/periods a number of times, creating sentences that shouldn't be there. Consider using colons and semicolons ( : and ; respectively) or hyphens ( - [the minus-key]) to separate your sentences. 4. You also had several solitary lower-case I's - personal pronouns need to be capitalized. Though, that's only a rough look at readability, GUM (Grammar, Usage, & Mechanics) and spelling; were I to go over the entirety of it, I would be wasting time that could be used moving forward. Though, that brings me to the next part: How does this "essay" serve as an essay? While it does serve the textbook definition of an essay (an article on a given subject), this post in particular is meant to be an essay whose goal is to convince readers about a certain viewpoint or proposition. Let's judge on that front, shall we? 1. First and foremost, the best indicator for a bad or poorly written essay is the first paragraph, or the hook; yours, as it is, is less than amazing. If you want to persuade people into seeing from your viewpoint, calling them (or in a neutral case, Riot in specific) children or "a children's choir" will only further separate people's viewpoints from your own. In short: calling people children makes you yourself look childish. 2. Second, be _humble_. You lose even more credibility with your poor hook by saying "I aced the intro" - you aced nothing, and only made yourself look worse. 3. You mentioned a "reason for dissent" in the fourth paragraph, but I don't see one in the second paragraph. Is your "reason for dissent" the fact that there are rules? If so, you lost points for having no reliable reason for dissent (as there will always be someone who wants to break rules) - and if not, you lost points for having no reason for dissent in the first place, and then off-handedly mentioning it. 4. Using similes like your wind-tunnel/garbage truck imagery in Paragraph 5 and then warning against imagining it both defeats the purpose of the simile entirely, and also does nothing to share your viewpoint. 5. Also in Paragraph 5, you broke any semblance of seriousness by using the emoticon "XD" - if you want to write an essay, take the subject seriously. 6. If you want to use people leaving the game as a point of reference, you need to do two things: Talk to them, and also _cite them_. Talking to them allows you to better understand their viewpoints as to why they left, rather than just claiming they left because of poor moderation on the part of Riot and their Moderators. You will also need to talk to them so you can get their permission to have them cited as reference for your essay. Claiming people's viewpoints without actually having links or citations of their viewpoints (such as searchable quotes) makes you much, much less credible, which again defeats the purpose of the essay to get your viewpoint across to other people. Moving on, we come to the last thing to look at in terms of criticism: Your proposal - or in your words, your "solution". 1. If part of your solution is to simply denounce anyone who uses the term "toxic", then part of your solution will effectively accomplish nothing. 2. If your solution involves currently-existing systems, it would probably serve you well to actually understand what the system does. Leaver-Buster penalizes players who disconnect from games in-progress, hence the name "Leaver-Buster". It's not a system that monitors every single action in a game, it monitors player connection status throughout. 3. Whenever you come up with an idea, please, for your own sake if not everyone else's, _think it through_. Your proposed player scorecard system is completely inane, requiring that players - even in Normals - be exclusively playing the game from the moment they spawn in, and nothing else. This would effectively ruin the chat systems and also penalize players for actually making in-game decisions, such as waiting out the last few seconds of radiant gold before they can purchase a _B.F. Sword_. You criticize Riot for being a "dictatorship", and yet your idea is equally as bad as you portray Riot to be. Ultimately, your essay is poorly-written, fails in its intent, and the proposal you make as your "solution" is nothing more than an elitist's half-baked fantasy that is completely infeasible in any state, rough draft or fully-developed. Your grade is 0/100, and you've earned an **F**.
> [{quoted}](name=Umbral Regent,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2017-05-24T21:33:44.862+0000) > > So, since you're considering this an essay, I may as well grade it as though it were one. First, let's talk grammar, spelling, and overall readability: > > 1. A vast majority of your post consists of unbroken paragraphs, making all the content you wrote up extremely hard to digest. > 2. You had a number of misspellings, homonyms, and typos, which, just to list a small few: "descent" (in Paragraph 2, when you likely meant "dissent"), "implicated" (also Paragraph 2, not sure what you meant here, but I assume you mean "insisted"), "tenant(s)" (Paragraphs 6 and 11, you likely meant to say "tenets", as in a principle), and so on. > 3. More a crime than not breaking up your paragraphs, you misused full-stops/periods a number of times, creating sentences that shouldn't be there. Consider using colons and semicolons ( : and ; respectively) or hyphens ( - [the minus-key]) to separate your sentences. > 4. You also had several solitary lower-case I's - personal pronouns need to be capitalized. > > Though, that's only a rough look at readability, GUM (Grammar, Usage, & Mechanics) and spelling; were I to go over the entirety of it, I would be wasting time that could be used moving forward. > > Though, that brings me to the next part: How does this "essay" serve as an essay? While it does serve the textbook definition of an essay (an article on a given subject), this post in particular is meant to be an essay whose goal is to convince readers about a certain viewpoint or proposition. Let's judge on that front, shall we? > > 1. First and foremost, the best indicator for a bad or poorly written essay is the first paragraph, or the hook; yours, as it is, is less than amazing. If you want to persuade people into seeing from your viewpoint, calling them (or in a neutral case, Riot in specific) children or "a children's choir" will only further separate people's viewpoints from your own. In short: calling people children makes you yourself look childish. > 2. Second, be _humble_. You lose even more credibility with your poor hook by saying "I aced the intro" - you aced nothing, and only made yourself look worse. > 3. You mentioned a "reason for dissent" in the fourth paragraph, but I don't see one in the second paragraph. Is your "reason for dissent" the fact that there are rules? If so, you lost points for having no reliable reason for dissent (as there will always be someone who wants to break rules) - and if not, you lost points for having no reason for dissent in the first place, and then off-handedly mentioning it. > 4. Using similes like your wind-tunnel/garbage truck imagery in Paragraph 5 and then warning against imagining it both defeats the purpose of the simile entirely, and also does nothing to share your viewpoint. > 5. Also in Paragraph 5, you broke any semblance of seriousness by using the emoticon "XD" - if you want to write an essay, take the subject seriously. > 6. If you want to use people leaving the game as a point of reference, you need to do two things: Talk to them, and also _cite them_. Talking to them allows you to better understand their viewpoints as to why they left, rather than just claiming they left because of poor moderation on the part of Riot and their Moderators. > > You will also need to talk to them so you can get their permission to have them cited as reference for your essay. Claiming people's viewpoints without actually having links or citations of their viewpoints (such as searchable quotes) makes you much, much less credible, which again defeats the purpose of the essay to get your viewpoint across to other people. > > Moving on, we come to the last thing to look at in terms of criticism: Your proposal - or in your words, your "solution". > > 1. If part of your solution is to simply denounce anyone who uses the term "toxic", then part of your solution will effectively accomplish nothing. > 2. If your solution involves currently-existing systems, it would probably serve you well to actually understand what the system does. Leaver-Buster penalizes players who disconnect from games in-progress, hence the name "Leaver-Buster". It's not a system that monitors every single action in a game, it monitors player connection status throughout. > 3. Whenever you come up with an idea, please, for your own sake if not everyone else's, _think it through_. Your proposed player scorecard system is completely inane, requiring that players - even in Normals - be exclusively playing the game from the moment they spawn in, and nothing else. This would effectively ruin the chat systems and also penalize players for actually making in-game decisions, such as waiting out the last few seconds of radiant gold before they can purchase a _B.F. Sword_. You criticize Riot for being a "dictatorship", and yet your idea is equally as bad as you portray Riot to be. > > Ultimately, your essay is poorly-written, fails in its intent, and the proposal you make as your "solution" is nothing more than an elitist's half-baked fantasy that is completely infeasible in any state, rough draft or fully-developed. > > Your grade is 0/100, and you've earned an **F**. oh please... plus 6.... plus 6 riot? fucking really. is this the world now? an arrogant troll who does not even understand the definition of the word essay : es·say noun ˈesā/Submit 1. a short piece of writing on a particular subject. synonyms: article, composition, study, paper, dissertation, thesis, discourse, treatise, disquisition, monograph; More 2. formal an attempt or effort. "a misjudged essay" synonyms: attempt, effort, endeavor, try, venture, trial, experiment, undertaking "his first essay in telecommunications" verbformal eˈsā/Submit 1. attempt or try. "essay a smile" you sir are a loser you are a loser, and i bet you know it. please report this jackass for abuse. wipe the smile off of his idiotic face. he does not even know the definition of essay. what a complete fraud.
Jo0o (NA)
: Downvoted posts in the Player Behavior forum are almost always people bitching about their bans for behaving terribly. ... Isn't that the opposite of letting LoL be overrun by "disrespectful kids"?
> [{quoted}](name=Jo0o,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VOKXL5tw,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-25T17:59:55.488+0000) > > Downvoted posts in the Player Behavior forum are almost always people bitching about their bans for behaving terribly. > > ... Isn't that the opposite of letting LoL be overrun by "disrespectful kids"? well reasoned? you mean neutral, passive, and useless posts?
: This forum community is a total lie. Full of trolls who do not take the game seriously.
see this is what i mean you fucktards. i am really tired of dealing with this shit. honestly why do i even try to help the less fortunate.. sweet -3 keep it coming.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > Hereby i denounce players who consistently accuse others of toxicity as complete frauds, i propose a simple and easy change to leaver buster system wherein player actions result in direct upvotes and downvotes to an averaged player scorecard. It could be so simple as to vote players down everytime they send consecutive chat messages (we all know the spammers and flamers). Equally the system could issue a downvote whenever the player stands still. > i.e. stopping and flaming is now VERY punishable. waiting in the store is now VERY punishable. Flaming and spamming are TOTALLY punished (people i mean those who send two to three messages in a row) > > Lets talk theoretical values. like sending a message while moving is -1 point (there will be justice for that one time you stopped to send a message and missed lane by one second). stopping is -1 point a second (while not attacking). stopping and chatting is -2 points a second. keep in mind that was just a very very rough draft. and the real thing would be a whole lot more calculated and calibrated to ensure you at least get a player that participates. or if you are of lower caliber you get stuck with more and more toxic players. > I don't know if you realize, but this would basically make it so anyone who wants to talk at all can't. It punishes players who do nothing wrong other than typing a message. What if they type something like "Lets rotate mid" and miss a minion, would that count as a -2 a second? That took me 3 seconds to type so -6 points immediately. Sending a message while autorunning to lane in the beginning of the match -1, stopping moving is -1 (which is crazy, considering people can pause in a game for like a second, what if they're in a bush or waiting or something.) Waiting for that extra 15 gold for BF Sword in fountain is now punishable, etc. You're punishing almost everyone, not just toxic people at this point, which is why Riot would never implement such a system.
I have to blatantly disagree with the opinion that standing and chatting is ok. Maybe it is because i am much, much better. If i need to send a message i do it en route to highest priority conflict. How is dropping towers fun for everyone? since when has stopping and chatting ever been a skill that repels enemy forces?
: If you're going to present your opinion on a public forum, you need to be prepared for people to respond to it. Leaving aside that the "rough draft" excuse is lousy (perhaps post the finished version and NOT look like an idiot?) and just a way to dodge criticism, he also put down plenty about how unconvincing your argument itself was and how you made points against yourself several times. In short. Your grammar was poor. Your spelling was poor. Your argument was poor. The way you presented your argument was poor. Your attitude to criticism is poor. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you, don't post. Ever.
First off i am entitled to free speech. And i think english majors are a literal joke. language has always been primarily used as a tool. But put language in an english majors hands and it becomes a weapon. You are no doubt as rude as the Umbilical Re-agent.
: So, since you're considering this an essay, I may as well grade it as though it were one. First, let's talk grammar, spelling, and overall readability: 1. A vast majority of your post consists of unbroken paragraphs, making all the content you wrote up extremely hard to digest. 2. You had a number of misspellings, homonyms, and typos, which, just to list a small few: "descent" (in Paragraph 2, when you likely meant "dissent"), "implicated" (also Paragraph 2, not sure what you meant here, but I assume you mean "insisted"), "tenant(s)" (Paragraphs 6 and 11, you likely meant to say "tenets", as in a principle), and so on. 3. More a crime than not breaking up your paragraphs, you misused full-stops/periods a number of times, creating sentences that shouldn't be there. Consider using colons and semicolons ( : and ; respectively) or hyphens ( - [the minus-key]) to separate your sentences. 4. You also had several solitary lower-case I's - personal pronouns need to be capitalized. Though, that's only a rough look at readability, GUM (Grammar, Usage, & Mechanics) and spelling; were I to go over the entirety of it, I would be wasting time that could be used moving forward. Though, that brings me to the next part: How does this "essay" serve as an essay? While it does serve the textbook definition of an essay (an article on a given subject), this post in particular is meant to be an essay whose goal is to convince readers about a certain viewpoint or proposition. Let's judge on that front, shall we? 1. First and foremost, the best indicator for a bad or poorly written essay is the first paragraph, or the hook; yours, as it is, is less than amazing. If you want to persuade people into seeing from your viewpoint, calling them (or in a neutral case, Riot in specific) children or "a children's choir" will only further separate people's viewpoints from your own. In short: calling people children makes you yourself look childish. 2. Second, be _humble_. You lose even more credibility with your poor hook by saying "I aced the intro" - you aced nothing, and only made yourself look worse. 3. You mentioned a "reason for dissent" in the fourth paragraph, but I don't see one in the second paragraph. Is your "reason for dissent" the fact that there are rules? If so, you lost points for having no reliable reason for dissent (as there will always be someone who wants to break rules) - and if not, you lost points for having no reason for dissent in the first place, and then off-handedly mentioning it. 4. Using similes like your wind-tunnel/garbage truck imagery in Paragraph 5 and then warning against imagining it both defeats the purpose of the simile entirely, and also does nothing to share your viewpoint. 5. Also in Paragraph 5, you broke any semblance of seriousness by using the emoticon "XD" - if you want to write an essay, take the subject seriously. 6. If you want to use people leaving the game as a point of reference, you need to do two things: Talk to them, and also _cite them_. Talking to them allows you to better understand their viewpoints as to why they left, rather than just claiming they left because of poor moderation on the part of Riot and their Moderators. You will also need to talk to them so you can get their permission to have them cited as reference for your essay. Claiming people's viewpoints without actually having links or citations of their viewpoints (such as searchable quotes) makes you much, much less credible, which again defeats the purpose of the essay to get your viewpoint across to other people. Moving on, we come to the last thing to look at in terms of criticism: Your proposal - or in your words, your "solution". 1. If part of your solution is to simply denounce anyone who uses the term "toxic", then part of your solution will effectively accomplish nothing. 2. If your solution involves currently-existing systems, it would probably serve you well to actually understand what the system does. Leaver-Buster penalizes players who disconnect from games in-progress, hence the name "Leaver-Buster". It's not a system that monitors every single action in a game, it monitors player connection status throughout. 3. Whenever you come up with an idea, please, for your own sake if not everyone else's, _think it through_. Your proposed player scorecard system is completely inane, requiring that players - even in Normals - be exclusively playing the game from the moment they spawn in, and nothing else. This would effectively ruin the chat systems and also penalize players for actually making in-game decisions, such as waiting out the last few seconds of radiant gold before they can purchase a _B.F. Sword_. You criticize Riot for being a "dictatorship", and yet your idea is equally as bad as you portray Riot to be. Ultimately, your essay is poorly-written, fails in its intent, and the proposal you make as your "solution" is nothing more than an elitist's half-baked fantasy that is completely infeasible in any state, rough draft or fully-developed. Your grade is 0/100, and you've earned an **F**.
Oh excuse me for presenting and tiny, tiny, tiny, itsy bitsy essay that. is. poorly; written. ya. ummm did this guy miss the disclaimer at the end of the essay? Oh yes you tiny english major it is an informal essay, a "rough draft" you are "grading". My elementary school teacher could do a better job grading such a tiny page of block style writing. I could care less about writing class at this point. Go suck up to a professor with too much money please.
: πŸ”’ "But he called me toxic first!" An essay on behavior featuring a unique solution
Ya i am just going for blog style at this point. I did thinking on my rough draft, it would be quite challenging do develop a changing player average score. In regards to > [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=uAsPXV2w,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-05-24T19:52:58.264+0000) > > So... Essentially prisoner's island but from a gameplay perspective? > > That's not going to solve toxicity, it's just moving the toxicity pieces around and making it super hard for people to improve their game play and behavior. no its not going to be like Alcatraz or anything. More like an equation. there would be a simple and solid state of normality. The LoL meta would not change my only intention is to put trolls in the correct place while having a holistic friendly setting for players with a "normal" or "average" scorecard. Essentially what we are saying here is that people who breach the summoners code aggressively would be penalized. In emulation of the current system my system would only feature temporary punishment. My system would penalize toxic player before the almighty temp ban is issued. Look i have to try and appeal here, have you ever been in a game and asked yourself why you have to play with the one guy that is boosted and stops to flame chat every 5 seconds? I am trying to imply that that person should be in a league of their own. Meanwhile the majority of players are in the league of normies (you, me, and everyone else that likes to stop for that split second to say something important). If you think about this strategy you might see the evil genius behind it. If we could recognize a bots exact behavior we could put them in their own league even! You must see reason, why the hell would i want to play with somebody that does not pace in the shop, somebody who stops to chat for too long while the enemy takes a turret. Think about the course of a month of play. What if the scorecard reset every month? I bet one week into a rotation the same slightly more positive meta would emerge from the same player base. You do not understand there should be no purgatory here i do not want to play with people who cannot auto move, chat, and fight. It is that simple for me. I know player behavior by now, sometimes i just see dazed people in lane not moving or participating. how is even acceptable in accord with the summoners code? Please up vote this post for me everyone who reads this, i want more discussion into this.{{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=QuiverMeTimbers,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0E2cFaAK,comment-id=0001000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-04T08:58:10.819+0000) > > the information is quite literally available directly through google. I don't need to Google anything this simple. I do this for a living. > Start -> Run -> ipconfig /all, copy down IP, Subnet Mask, Defaut Gateway and DNS now head to TCP/IP properties, change to manual from automatic and fill in the blanks. Again, you don't seem to understand. The IP address assigned by the ISP's DHCP is on your router's WAN interface. Your router also has a DCHP which is not what I'm talking about. The router's DHCP assigns a private IP address. This private IP address is unknown to internet sites. The internet only sees your public IP, the WAN IP on your router assigned by your ISP.
to be honest i really do not care. if i were somebody with an IP ban i would figure out a way around it anyway. simply change ISP. -edit -even router- -even modem-
: Now that is incorrect. What you're actually changing is the PC's IP address, which is the private IP that sits behind NAT, which is basically a wall between your internal network and the internet. Outside of your private network, all public network interfaces see your public IP address which is usually assigned by a DHCP that's maintained by your ISP. You have very little to no control over that. The most common way that we as users can control this is through proxies. And if you've ever used free proxies, you'd know they are dog shit slow. VPNs are another way to hide your IP and I'd wager free ones would be slow as well. There might be very high quality VPNs that you can pay for but I can't speak to that with any certainty as I've never tried any. If you're using Windows. Run ipconfig and you's see your PC's IP address. If you want to see your public address, google things like "whats my ip" and you'd get your public IP, the one that the internet sees. You'd notice that the IP addresses are different if you sit behind a router. If you're plugged directly into the internet, your PC will be assigned a public address directly.
> [{quoted}](name=XelNiya,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0E2cFaAK,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2017-03-02T05:41:54.053+0000) > > Now that is incorrect. What you're actually changing is the PC's IP address, which is the private IP that sits behind NAT, which is basically a wall between your internal network and the internet. Outside of your private network, all public network interfaces see your public IP address which is usually assigned by a DHCP that's maintained by your ISP. You have very little to no control over that. The most common way that we as users can control this is through proxies. And if you've ever used free proxies, you'd know they are dog shit slow. VPNs are another way to hide your IP and I'd wager free ones would be slow as well. There might be very high quality VPNs that you can pay for but I can't speak to that with any certainty as I've never tried any. > > If you're using Windows. Run ipconfig and you's see your PC's IP address. If you want to see your public address, google things like "whats my ip" and you'd get your public IP, the one that the internet sees. You'd notice that the IP addresses are different if you sit behind a router. If you're plugged directly into the internet, your PC will be assigned a public address directly. the information is quite literally available directly through google. How do you change your external IP address? Turn off your cable/DSL modem for 1 day, the lease should expire and you will get a new IP, that's how DHCP works. 2. Start -> Run -> ipconfig /all, copy down IP, Subnet Mask, Defaut Gateway and DNS now head to TCP/IP properties, change to manual from automatic and fill in the blanks.
: i would like it more if there was bans and you can atleast always re roll
thats funny i think there should always be rr options every game. i dont like bans though. unstoppable champions are part of urf.
: as a person who has easily spent over $100 on skins for this game.. i would seriously consider quitting if riot decided to add a monthly fee for ANYTHING league has also been free to play, and money doesn't give you any advantage. (well except rune pages, but that's stupid and an argument for another time). this is the BEST type of game.. you play it because its FUN, and you spend money only for visuals, not because its makes the character better. but because its something you like. restricting a game may to a payed format would not only be horrible.. it would pretty much be again what riot has made he game to be "free to play"
you and i have a different version of free to play, free to play in my world means that everything is free. if the micro transactions do not affect gameplay at all, then and only then is the game free (i.e. Brawlhalla on Steam). LoL is PAY TO WIN or GRIND TO WIN (runes/rune pages). this ultimatum is designed to do TWO things, it allows Riot to call the game "free to play" it also generates revenue because people who have money to spend and do not want to GRIND TO WIN may instead PAY TO WIN. this is fact. perhaps most players do grind to win and support riot by buying skins. i myself bought a Commando Garen skin for URF years ago. i then vowed to never buy RP again until URF was a permanent gamemode. the only reason i would pay for URF is to support riots maintenance of URF. it IS ALSO MORE OF A BRIBE AT THIS POINT. becuase ppl vote down posts that say make URF permanent.
: Honestly? The state of some champions in this game right now is disgusting
indeed, lets pour effort into making champions that break the old meta (i.e. Camille) and no work into old meta champions (i.e. Nunu). at least they are in the process of reworking old champions. the only advantage of playing Nunu is that players horde crowd control effects to interrupt his ult, therefore Nunu literally needs to be carried if it is not the infamous AD Nunu.
: CUSTOM URF GAMES? PLEASE!!!!
i am in serious withdrawl myself. i too post about urf. i at least want custom URF. i have even gone as far to say i would pay for URF $30 dollars a month, matchmaking of course.
: Players who don't try at all in ranked. What do you guys think about them? Should they be punished?
no. ranked needs changes as it is. i refuse to even play ranked at all. how can somebody vote no if they have never played ranked? well that is simple. i know people. people make mistakes. what we need is a placement rank below bronze that determines a players average skill level. according to the number of yes votes during the surrender poll (i.e quitters), the players idle time (i.e.waiting for gold), the players chat time (i.e. hypocritical lecturing), and lastly gold earned (i.e. tryhards). i do not think KDR should even come into play until the bronze level. i do not think bronze is properly organized. how can i say no though? because i want riot to focus on fixing ranked. not fixing their players. to this day i have not played 1 ranked match. "ELO hell" does not sound appealing in any way to me and my hard earned account. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
Psyrik (NA)
: General Poll: Where does Flash belong?
Da Faq? it belongs nowhere near my ghost and barrier spells with ionian boots and intelligence masteries.
TendajiX (NA)
: Honestly, the minions should not be able to follow me from my turret to red buff............. STAY IN LANE MINIONS
i have to very seriously disagree with you here, having been killed one time by a mysterious melee minion in jungle. those lil guys have actual kills man. your just afraid. admit it.
: I've made about 4 threads, each 2-3 pages long, carefully thought out and posted. Very few replies, here's a sample stupid one. "Post to long, didn't bother reading. Basically fiora ult is so complicated it's hard to use." That !) ignores my fiora ult change suggestions + explanations post and 2) is a stupid comment.
...{{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} complaining about stupid posts ina public forum are we?
Shocked (NA)
: This issue is happening to everyone that is using at&t. It's not on my end at all.
oops i did not read before i posted again :< im such a noob. have you guys seen the 'waht happens when you press Q video'? maybe riot needs to deal specifically with AT&T{{sticker:zombie-brand-clap}}
: ^ but only normal urf
you do not like the the random selection feature?
: I asked Riot Game if i could Break the Meta, Here is the Reply
what the fellow is really trying to say is that taking darius as adc in the botlane is a toxic behavior in itself (speaking objectively) . you know people dodge queue over this exact behavior. you know it is easy to lose versus a talented ranged ADC, all it takes is one form of cc against you, one taunt, one tanky attacker, etc. then u have a problem on your hands dont you. now there is a ranged attack, support, and gank hitting you. i understand playing darius in the bot lane. because he has bleed damage. in conjuction with red buff and ignite there is indeed damage over time that is potentially more devastating than jinx with flame chompers, udyr in bear, and nami bursting your bubble..... or perhaps not. like it or not picking an attacker with no long ranged attacks(i.e. yasuo, olaf, rumble, etc.) is seen as a dodgeable game by many in the community. i am not disagreeing in any way shape or form that darius is capable of being ADC. i do not think it is a toxic behavior. i think the player report system endorses toxicity partially, i think that many players are passively toxic (triggered), and i think that you have balls (perhaps too much so) playing darius in the bot lane. ergo you are toxic and bannable accord to % of the player base.{{sticker:zombie-brand-facepalm}}
: Stop changing the jungle every season
many people love the changing jungle.{{sticker:zombie-nunu-hearts}}
Shocked (NA)
: Ping Issue (HELP)
please tell me you have tried the most basic solutions like disabling windows defender, and plugging into you modem with an ethernet cable. maybe disable antivirus if you have that active as well. i do however know exactly what you are going through and have similar DNS errors. a radical solution is wiping your computer with the refresh tool and reinstalling everything. i have no clue what ports LoL uses but these solutions might clear up any issues on your side of things. worthwhile questions: did you change to the new client or are you still using legacy? does the new client use different ports than the previous?
Rioter Comments
Calabok (NA)
: not worth reading... but worth posting in at least.
yes. yes it was worth posting. URF has a cult following that would pay for it,
: Such solutions would give you enormous amounts of lag. Free solutions anyway.
THAT IS INCORRECT. you may change your ip address directly on your computer.
: Next weekend?
it had better. for your sake {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
Azelder (NA)
: I feel like this is a {{champion:48}}
hey a snide remark to a heartfelt post. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
: Ezreal is not broken, but I always found this interaction to be bullshit
: > [{quoted}](name=LordTulkus,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=0E2cFaAK,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-03-01T02:01:21.690+0000) > > They need to charge 10$ for the game. > > Get your account banned means you have to pay 10$ or not play. > > Would fix SOOO much of the Scripter/Trolls/Smurfs Or you know, IP ban people.
programs already exist that mask your ip address. meaning some people do not have an ip address to ban. ip ban would actually work as most scripters are dumbasses in general. trolls, nope they would proxy/mirror and have no life.
: how to change infernal drake increase damage done to minions by 15/30/45% it changes from a combat stat for snowballing into a farming stat that makes wave clear better it would also make gettting 2+ infernal drakes a way to counter baron buffed minions by grabbing elder as the enemy takes baron making it a 60-90% bonus damage to minions so you can still effectively wave clear them even with them being baron buffed minions the idea of this change is to make it a direct benefit for objective control like the other buffs instead of the 'we snowball better' buff this would make ALL dragon buffs directly related to benefiting objective control effects of sustained siege/ anti siege (water) roaming to objectives (air) taking objectives (earth) and pushing waves to reach /protect objectives (fire) the only drake causing issues is infernal drake, the others have benefits that don't help snowballing or '1 shot' issues, the proposed change would fix that
woah WOAH! did you just say 45% to minions. i know we already have waveclear by third dragon. but siegeminions do have kills. and u wld be tilting them with 45% additional damage to them.
Show more

QuiverMeTimbers

Level 67 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion