: >PB boards is terrible is different than PB posters are terrible Given your general posting history, that's difficult to interpret it differently. Added to that, the difference in the subforums are the community members, discussion guidelines, and the format of the subforum doesn't leave much room to say that you weren't referencing other community members in your comment. >irrelevant. i got my post removed for being a jerk or smth, not for spam The updated PB rules also encourage everyone to post helpful content.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Eb29BZrZ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T19:16:22.094+0000) > > Given your general posting history, that's difficult to interpret it differently. Added to that, the difference in the subforums are the community members, discussion guidelines, and the format of the subforum doesn't leave much room to say that you weren't referencing other community members in your comment. If it can be interpreted differently then you shouldn't remove my post just in case you interpret it wrongly. > The updated PB rules also encourage everyone to post helpful content. ? I was trying to help the OP by redirecting him to a better board
: Hey, That seemed like a pretty negative comment regarding the PB community. It also didn't add anything to the player's discussion. Unrelated to your removal, but the discussion appears to be in the correct sub-forum since he's talking about discussion with other players.
> [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Eb29BZrZ,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-17T18:40:24.621+0000) > > Hey, > > That seemed like a pretty negative comment regarding the PB community. PB boards is terrible is different than PB posters are terrible, but OK............. > It also didn't add anything to the player's discussion. irrelevant. i got my post removed for being a jerk or smth, not for spam
rujitra (NA)
: You did more than insult a particular person, you insulted multiple.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=6heBIhQc,discussion-id=Eb29BZrZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-17T17:45:11.111+0000) > > You did more than insult a particular person, you insulted multiple. next you're gonna tell me "the game is terrible" is insulting people who play the game or smth. I don't even care man
Rioter Comments
: Permabans are the reason this game is so toxic...
Better solutions: * After a permaban the account is unbanned after 1 year, but the IFS is strict and one punishment will lead to an actual permaban. * Bans and chat restrictions should be exclusive to the offense; only chat restrictions for chat related offenses and bans for gameplay related offenses
: PROJECT Pyke is very, very disappointing
His auto attacks are a bit different actually; his dagger telaports from each hand. Take it as you will. I think the problem is that base pyke's animations are so good it's hard to think of even better ones. That's why i hate Jhin's legendary skin; he lost the base skin's animations
: Correlation doesn't equal causation and whoever's shitpost you just linked to is not a Riot employee, is he?
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q3cEg8EO,comment-id=0001000100000000,timestamp=2019-07-17T03:35:48.938+0000) > > Correlation doesn't equal causation and whoever's shitpost you just linked to is not a Riot employee, is he? There's no evidence out there to prove ZT can't be said once sooooo
coreym11 (NA)
: I fear that the player that sabotaged my match from champion select won't be banned.
He probably won't get punished because the system is incompetent at catching that kind of griefing
: From where did you get this "two times" shit and why do you keep spreading misinformation?
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q3cEg8EO,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-07-17T02:45:56.349+0000) > > From where did you get this "two times" shit and why do you keep spreading misinformation? https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/s5d2VwfI-should-the-zero-tolerence-policy-be-renamed
RayleighTT (EUNE)
: new feature disable ally chat
You don't need chat at all to play, as pings are much more efficient. Most High elo players don't use chat; learn from them
IrvenM (NA)
: But a suspension for [Ching_Chong]? I've never had a chat restriction before is that really fair??
> [{quoted}](name=IrvenM,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=q3cEg8EO,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-17T00:16:54.767+0000) > > But a suspension for [Ching_Chong]? I've never had a chat restriction before is that really fair?? Not really fair but that's the way the system works. Sorry mate
IrvenM (NA)
: Am I in the Wrong?
That word is a trigger word for the system and it issues bans regardless of context if you say it twice. You fucked up hard
: Reporting people is actually just a waste of time.
That and it makes lower levels a cesspool
CopiluNuc (EUNE)
: I have a SERIOUS problem
considering how strict the IFS is you might be CR'd. Better hope you only said neutral or positive shit in chat lmao
: Is flirting with toxic biggoted players bad? ;)
You fucked up actually; the f word is a trigger word for the system, and it will issue a ban regardless of context (if you say it twice). Better pray no one reported you or the system didn't catch you
Ligseo (EUW)
: Ban AFK player more consistently
They should start issuing bans for afking maliciously instead of Leaver Buster. Low levels is the worst when you have an afk in most of your games
: Renekton is the cancer of top lane
It's almost like he's been like this ever since his release, y'know he's kind of supposed to be a lane bully? Regardless Renekton isn't shit in terms of cancer with {{champion:85}} {{champion:84}} {{champion:518}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:43}} {{champion:126}}{{champion:133}}{{champion:223}} existing
ursucarlos (EUNE)
: Toxicity punishments
Bans in general should be reserved for gameplay related offenses; never for chat
rujitra (NA)
: Just one example of a state other than California where a conviction has been made for encouraging suicide through electronic means: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/09/us/michelle-carter-conviction-appeal/index.html
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=0000000000000003,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:52:21.264+0000) > > Just one example of a state other than California where a conviction has been made for encouraging suicide through electronic means: > > https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/09/us/michelle-carter-conviction-appeal/index.html https://www.quora.com/Is-it-illegal-to-tell-someone-to-kill-themselves Did that person say "kys" and nothing else? Nothing else that indicates he was genuinely trying to get the person to die??
: 1. A person who, attempts to aid suicide or generate homicide of consent under medical assisted suicide will face execution when found guilty. 2. It is an offence to help someone commit suicide or advise or encourage someone to commit suicide. 3. Killing a person on request, by using euthanasia, can be punished by up to an imprisonment term of up to 12 years To note, medical assisted suicide is legal in 4 or 5 states. People don't always pay attention because it is the internet.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=0000000000000002,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:43:16.909+0000) > > 1. A person who, attempts to aid suicide or generate homicide of consent under medical assisted suicide will face execution when found guilty. > > 2. It is an offence to help someone commit suicide or advise or encourage someone to commit suicide. > > 3. Killing a person on request, by using euthanasia, can be punished by up to an imprisonment term of up to 12 years > > To note, medical assisted suicide is legal in 4 or 5 states. People don't always pay attention because it is the internet. https://www.quora.com/Is-it-illegal-to-tell-someone-to-kill-themselves So you're saying i can get people jailed online for saying a simple "kys"? no other factors?
: > [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:32:55.983+0000) > > No it isn't, it's only illegal in California That's contradictory. If your claim that "it doesn't really matter" had any truth in it then it would be fine **everywhere**.
> [{quoted}](name=AeroWaffle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:37:53.745+0000) > > That's contradictory. If your claim that "it doesn't really matter" had any truth in it then it would be fine **everywhere**. Ummm, I definently didn't mean it in the legal sense, because the thread/OP didn't mention legality...
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:32:55.983+0000) > > No it isn't, it's only illegal in California. And even then you sure as hell aren't going to jail for a simple "kys"; that word is very common online Its illegal in all 50. MA just had someone go to jail for murder over it.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:38:04.012+0000) > > Its illegal in all 50. MA just had someone go to jail for murder over it. Until i see people going to jail becuase they said "kys" once to some online stranger, then I have my doubts
Pika Fox (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:12:23.767+0000) > > Did you commit suicide? No? Then it doesn't really matter It does, actually. Encouraging suicide and self harm is illegal by law.
> [{quoted}](name=Pika Fox,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=jLXkERAo,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-15T19:22:41.282+0000) > > It does, actually. Encouraging suicide and self harm is illegal by law. No it isn't, it's only illegal in California. And even then you sure as hell aren't going to jail for a simple "kys"; that word is very common online
: Being toxic is one thing but promoting self harm is a NO NO
Did you commit suicide? No? Then it doesn't really matter
: What actually happens to people who run it down mid/troll ranked?
> What actually happens to people who run it down mid/troll ranked? They get away with it most of the time because the system is incompetent at catching trolls/inters. Soft inting is even more common now
: > [{quoted}](name=R107 Games,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dlHbmQEf,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-14T21:34:24.364+0000) > > The secret to preventing toxicity is to play well and to not make mistakes In theory, but humans are imperfect creatures. It's impossible to play without any mistakes every single game, and even Caesar made tactical errors. It's good to have a fallback for those situations, let alone the fact that perhaps not everyone on your team is going to play will and not make mistakes in a given game.
> [{quoted}](name=Zero Shingetsu,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=dlHbmQEf,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-07-14T21:35:55.161+0000) > > In theory, but humans are imperfect creatures. It's impossible to play without any mistakes every single game, I didn't say it was possible, just stating what prevents toxicity
: I've discovered the secret to avoiding toxicity.
The secret to preventing toxicity is to play well and to not make mistakes
: Is it wrong to open mid after an early afk?
You should ask for your team's consent first
: Low Diamond, Honor 5 Guide to Better Behavior
I see soft inting too frequently -- whether it is in my team or the enemy's. Not everybody can climb, you either have the skill to climb at your desired elo or you don't. Challenger wouldn't be special if just anybody can climb there with sheer willpower or effort, you need natural skill
: That was my question....... honestly, a "player stopping trying and dies over and over again", I see that every other game. If you don't then maybe my account has an issue and I should send a ticket to Riot. So the question is, did OP ran down mid repeatedly. Seriously. Players who stop trying and die a lot, I see that ALL THE TIME. If it is bannable or even simply punishable, they should do it consistently.
> [{quoted}](name=Kirill Sarychev,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FcYJWc1F,comment-id=000600010000,timestamp=2019-07-14T18:10:08.351+0000) > > That was my question....... honestly, a "player stopping trying and dies over and over again", I see that every other game. Yes, and the system can't catch it and punish them > Seriously. Players who stop trying and die a lot, I see that ALL THE TIME. If it is bannable or even simply punishable, they should do it consistently. Well like i said people soft int because the system rarely catches it, so they won't get punished. That's why they soft int, so they don't get banned. The system rarely catches soft inting
TheFortex (EUNE)
: Is my next punishment gonna be a perma ban?
The IFS is hyper strict after a 14 day ban; even being negative can lead to a permaban. Complaining about a champ may lead to a perma, yes. Just don't type a lot if you want to be negative (like 3-5 lines a game)
: What is soft inting, as opposed to straight inting? Did you int like running down mid repeatedly, or did you get crushed by your opponent? I've had so many teammates being 1/16/1 or the like, they never, never got banned. I mean, I see that what, 1 every 5 ranked games? Plus if you had your account for 6 year, never got a punishment, and then all of a sudden a perma ban, you must have been toxic and hard inting. Give more details!
> [{quoted}](name=Kirill Sarychev,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=FcYJWc1F,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2019-07-14T17:02:49.830+0000) > > What is soft inting, as opposed to straight inting? Soft inting is when you int but you do so subtly so you may bypass the system, or when a player stops trying and dies over and over again
: is it so hard to show good sportmenship??
> is it so hard to show good sportmenship?? It's not hard but it sure as hell shouldn't be forced. Accept trash talk in a competitive online video game
: being banned for something but the other 3 people weren't
The other people that said kys might not have said it twice (you only receive a ban if you say kys twice, not once)
Zardo (NA)
: The ZT policy doesn't exist because of "the offended" it exists because if riot allowed people to say the N-word or tell people to commit suicide they wouldn't get any investors.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ErWXwlgh,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:43:53.184+0000) > > The ZT policy doesn't exist because of "the offended" it exists because if riot allowed people to say the N-word or tell people to commit suicide they wouldn't get any investors. Yeah, from the people who were offended by it
Zardo (NA)
: You don't have to get offended for chat to be unhelpful and distracting. That's what the mute is for. Controlling your emotions would be not letting a teammate's perceived mistakes or performance get to you to the point where you start attacking them.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ErWXwlgh,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:26:59.407+0000) > > You don't have to get offended for chat to be unhelpful and distracting. Irrelevant. People that get offended was what I was referring to in my initial post, that's why I said "sensitivity". The system partially is to accommodate the offended, not just the unhelpful or distracting. Otherwise 'consistency x severity' wouldn't account for the severity ('cause why does severity matter? Idiot and the n word are both unhelpful), and the ZT policy wouldn't exist
Zardo (NA)
: No, if they did that they wouldn't ban players for toxicity, instead they'd ban you for playing poorly. Seriously, people who can't control their emotions and lash out are sensitive, not the ones who mute and report.
> [{quoted}](name=Zardo,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ErWXwlgh,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:18:35.300+0000) > > Seriously, people who can't control their emotions Controlling your emotions would be ignoring flamers and not getting offended. The mute button is there partially for people that can't do that simple thing
: What is the purpose of the mute button?
> [{quoted}](name=T0xicISISRat,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=ErWXwlgh,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:01:41.047+0000) > > Why are people getting banned for being toxic when people that feel harrased have the option to mute the person in chat, their pings and their emotes? Sensitivity, and Riot likes to cater to the players that are offended
: Wasn't sure where to post it,so just put it under player behaviour since it involves a player being an asshole
> [{quoted}](name=legacyofmahim,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=JMEQbXy0,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-13T17:15:34.847+0000) > > Wasn't sure where to post it,so just put it under player behaviour since it involves a player being an asshole If you're trying discuss something (the report system or the offender's behavior etc,.) then this is indeed the correct board. Rant is for non-discussions
: Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. But it sounded like you were saying there is a necessity for a self mute feature.
> [{quoted}](name=Phieldworker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iH0RjMPU,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T21:38:36.306+0000) > > Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. But it sounded like you were saying there is a necessity for a self mute feature. No
: This is an expansion on a feature that already existed (turning off all chat), it's completely opt-in, and it can be toggled at will. What the toxic ragebabies want is a way to mute themselves either forever, or before every game in a way that **can't** be changed. This is an option for EVERYONE, not just the terribly toxic. Sometimes I want to shut off my goddamn team too.
> [{quoted}](name=GatekeeperTDS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iH0RjMPU,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-12T19:06:49.410+0000) > > This is an expansion on a feature that already existed (turning off all chat), it's completely opt-in, and it can be toggled at will. It's also a self mute > What the toxic ragebabies want is a way to mute themselves either forever, or before every game in a way that **can't** be changed. what they want is to mute themselves. I've seen it requested that way multiple times
: It’s not Riot’s job to control your emotions/tempers. Their job is to try and make it to make sure chat is an enjoyable environment as possible.
> [{quoted}](name=Phieldworker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=iH0RjMPU,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T18:55:34.588+0000) > > It’s not Riot’s job to control your emotions/tempers. Their job is to try and make it to make sure chat is an enjoyable environment as possible. Why is this relevant?
: THEY FINALLY ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS
Also satisfying seeing the "Riot will never implement self mutes/accommodate toxic players" assertion be invalidated
usul1202 (NA)
: But also, what's the point of the hypothetical? It's not like we're spending ritobucks (tm) to get a better punishment system for this or that... The automated system does nearly everything beyond a basic level of review, most of which would be support tickets not pb engineers unless there's a problem. Especially since things are automated instead of manhour limited. Could def have a good debate over spending manhours on reviewing troll games vs engineer time to try improving that system.
> [{quoted}](name=usul1202,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=tkEnbIzk,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-12T18:21:06.782+0000) > > But also, what's the point of the hypothetical? To know what people prefer more?
: Which would you prefer?
This kind of question is useless to ask on these boards mate. You're gonna get the "punish both" comments when that wasn't even the argument. No one understands a hypothetical
dAsKiLzZ (NA)
: How can we improve the system to stop inters/griefers?
Kei143 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Periscope,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eea1MzOO,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-07-12T06:00:21.157+0000) > > I guess I'm cautiously optimistic. On one hand, this kinda backpedals on what they've previously (and also from a long time ago) shown from research: permanently removing players from chat just means they'll do other things. So what's made them change their minds on this? > I think there's a major difference in mindset between those that want to control themselves but can't (has enough control to use a self mute feature) and those that are forcefully muted (chat restrictions).
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=eea1MzOO,comment-id=000b0000,timestamp=2019-07-12T15:54:53.928+0000) > > I think there's a major difference in mindset between those that want to control themselves but can't (has enough control to use a self mute feature) and those that are forcefully muted (chat restrictions). People here *love* to ignore that distinction. Also satisfying seeing firsthand that their assertion that "Riot will never implement self mutes" is going to be invalid the upcoming patch
Corefornia (EUNE)
: Permanent suspensions for toxicity
Chat restrictions for chat related offenses, and bans for gameplay related offenses only. And permabans should be one year
: PSA: Disable Ally Chat is coming
Very necessary; chat is fucking useless currently, pings pretty much invalidate chat
ONI Ahri (NA)
: I dont play aatrox but his revive is a staple. aatrox lore describes him as someone who has the ability to change losing battles into victories, he simply wouldn't be the same without it because his arrival to fights isnt as big of a threat, I loved seeing aatrox flying into battle to yelling at his enemies he was engaging. in a way he symbolized a war demon and not having that is going to negatively impact his laning ability as well as his roll in team fights. Kinda kills his whole "You would rush towards me, Kai'Sa? What fool would build a strategy on that idea? Come, let us begin." vibe.
> [{quoted}](name=ONI Ahri,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=Vv8EFijw,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-07-12T00:27:44.891+0000) > > I dont play aatrox but his revive is a staple. aatrox lore describes him as someone who has the ability to change losing battles into victories, I'm pretty sure that was his old lore...
Show more

R107 Games

Level 25 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion