: Supports with heals are ususally Irrrelivant unless Their adc is Ahead Or the Enemy doesnt Press an advantage and allows them to heal inbetween fights
You're playing it wrong then. The issue with this mindset is it still incorrectly assumes the support's only job is to babysit the adc. If your adc is behind, you roam and help other lanes. Help your jungler when they get invaded or contest scuttle. Those heals will sway more fights than just the bot lane.
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=lO87XlIl,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-12-23T22:56:14.773+0000) > > Supports are more or less in the same spot they've been in for the last few seasons (post-ardent meta). We can get our first item faster, and generally we have a better impact on the early game. So it's really just the junglers that are getting held back with the exp changes. Not really true. The support item changes are worse than the season 5 spell thief/coin/relic shield and definitely worse than the post-ardent spell thief/coin/relic shield. The farm handicaps which we got this pre-season (created by non-supports who abused the support items when Klepto was a thing) really hurt if you want to play a damage support or if you have an adc who afks or is really really bad. On top of that, if you roam as a support to ward (and that is a support job), then you really get hammered on the xp side of the equation. Both support and jungle are getting punished for doing their respective jobs. It would be nice if there was a line of support "secondary/utility" items that were tied to that millstone support item that support players could purchase that actually feel useful. (Too many good items for supports get removed / nerfed because other roles start to abuse them.)
I stand by my statement. The support role hasn't changed dramatically since Season 4.
: Give Junglers and Supports a safety net.
Supports are more or less in the same spot they've been in for the last few seasons (post-ardent meta). We can get our first item faster, and generally we have a better impact on the early game. So it's really just the junglers that are getting held back with the exp changes.
D00mRage (EUNE)
: Morgana's mini-rework
Morgana's kit is fine... Her Q is for picks or peel Her W is for zoning or pushing Her E is for blocking spells or absorbing magic damage Her R is for follow up or stopping dives You're trying to reinvent a wheel that spins fine.
Raiyza (NA)
: He's at the mercy of the weapons he has at that time. You can take advantage of it. For example, if he has the rifle, hang back a bit. Once he has the sidearm, go all in or poke. Etc etc. He is a bit strong but he has weaknesses.
So then his opponent is also at the mercy of his current weapons. It's not really a fair way to approach a champion, imo.
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OEBtByjj,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-12-14T03:47:19.402+0000) > > I think it's healthy. I wish Riot would stick with the mentality of not allowing champions to have tools for every situation and actually stick to it across the board. I suppose the place to start would be the champion with every ult in the game. He just feels like a more damage focused Galio now like I'd much rather have him in a burst contest than Galio but Galio in a more sustained fight because of the shield and damage reduction. I do enjoy how I can draw parallels between Sylas and Galio's styles as I refer to them as Magical All for One and Magical All Might a lot.
I think the parallels in style were intentional, but I could be wrong. But yeah...having access to every ult in the game has always been something I've despised about Sylas' kit. I just tried to read the changes with balance in mind, and they seem to hit at the goal of taking him out of the jungle and putting him into a lane. From there, other issues could be addressed further - he just needs to be pegged into Riot's intended role for him first.
: Discussion on the Sylas changes
I think it's healthy. I wish Riot would stick with the mentality of not allowing champions to have tools for every situation and actually stick to it across the board.
: I love this game but it has the most idiotic balance team
A lot of the balance team either doesn't play or doesn't play at a high enough level to properly understand how the game functions.
: Someone explain to me why autofill is still a thing. Nobody wants it. Everyone I've talked to about it (100+ people) say they'd rather wait an extra 5-10 minutes for a game that gives them one of the two roles they selected. Like wtf was Riot thinking?
> [{quoted}](name=UltimateShield13,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=YaNhAVtW,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-12-14T00:59:01.580+0000) > > Someone explain to me why autofill is still a thing. Nobody wants it. Everyone I've talked to about it (100+ people) say they'd rather wait an extra 5-10 minutes for a game that gives them one of the two roles they selected. Like wtf was Riot thinking? Because none of you degenerates *want* support. There aren't enough support mains like myself out there to keep the queues running properly.
: When is jungling without smite a good thing?
Never. The answer is never. If you see your jungler not taking smite within the last 5 seconds before the game starts, dodge. And dodge hard.
: How should they nerf her? She hasn't been out long enough to figure out how to tune her. Everyone say's she has an 'overloaded kit' but Its not like she has 9 effects on each ability. They are each fairly simple. Only her passive is complicated, and thats because it defines how she plays, like jhin. A few positives, a few negatives. Her E duration could be hit a bit, maybe her passive could be 25 stacks instead of 20?
When people say "overloaded kit," they mean she can do too much of everything. It doesn't have to be a complicated kit to be overloaded. She can heal/poke, obscure and get out, aoe root, and global shield/snipe, with a passive that grants her free stats that she takes no risk to collect. That's pretty much the definition of "overloaded kit" in League. She's only missing a dash to top it off.
: She has a high ban rate because shes a new champion noone wants to learn to play against. She has some really bad weaknesses
: Time to stop pretending Senna is balanced?
My rudimentary analysis is that Senna needs to either lose some utility or lose some damage. She has too much of both and is viable in too many roles.
: I disagree with only one of your points. >And that's not balanced. It can be, even if it's very frustrating. That's the entire point of my original post. Don't conflate those two things. They are *two things.* A champion that has this passive is balanced: "At the beginning of the game, flip a coin. On heads, win the game. On tails, lose the game." Arguably, this is the only way to have a *perfectly* balanced champion. They would *always* have a 50% win rate, regardless of player skill. Period. It is impossible to make this champion unbalanced, no matter what else is in the kit. But that is *no fun at all.* Games trade fairness for more interesting mechanics in order to be fun. That is especially true of games with diverse casts of characters. It *can't* be perfectly fair. It doesn't need to be. That's why metas evolve, and that's part of the fun. This also leads to some frustration. Most games have some level of it. There's luck involved, or there's a character that counters the one you're playing, or you have worse teammates, etc etc. I acknowledge that, *fully*. But avoid the temptation of using the word "balance" to describe that. It's not the same thing. How fun a champion is (for you and/or others) and how they perform in practice are not the same thing. This is not just a semantic issue, imo. Words mean things, and using them properly can actually elevate the level of discussion and lead to more agreement and better ability to describe, and therefore solve, problems.
I'm sorry, but you won't budge me off of my opinion that agency lying in one player more than their counterpart is not balanced. I respect your opinions and the time you've taken to have a conversation about it, but my outlook on competitive games hasn't changed. Agency influences balance in my opinion. Have a good day.
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ll50dsu2,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-11-17T01:21:35.622+0000) > > Wouldn't the lack of counterplay make a champion too strong? Serious question. There isn't a single champion in the game who completely lacks counterplay. EVERY champion has a way to be beaten. > Definition of 'counterplay' 1. a positive or aggressive action by the defending side, esp in chess. verb (intransitive) 2. **to make an opposing or positive action from a position of defence.** Few examples... CC'ing a Master Yi in teamfights is counterplay. Flashing a Malphite ultimate is counterplay. Deep warding to scout out a Twitch, Evelynn or Shaco jungle is counterplay. Buying a QSS against Malzahar, Skarner or Warwick is counterplay. Not being alone as an ADC vs Kha'Zix or Rengar is counterplay. etc
CC is counterplay for every champ. Flash is not counterplay ever since it's 5min cd. QSS is a tax, not counterplay, especially when you're AP and make no use of the stats on the item.
: Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Lemme explain more deeply. https://lolalytics.com/lol/tierlist/ That's the lolalytics tier list. As I mentioned, it accounts for a lot more than *just* win rate. At the time I began writing this reply, Pyke was sitting at #24 in rank. B+ tier. He has roughly a 10% pick rate, but a 48% win rate in plat+. That's actually a bad win rate. This makes him show up pretty weak on PBI (-21), even though he's banned more than 1/4th of the time (low PBI means he's not that influential; probably not worth banning, because you're unlikely to lose the game to a pyke, see the 48% win rate). So, what this means is a lot of players *feel* like Pyke is strong, and they ban him. But that doesn't mean he *is* strong. Now, I'm kind of speculating here, admittedly, but what I am about to say *could* be true, and *would* account for those stats. I agree with you. Pyke is very annoying. It feels very bad to poke a Pyke down, but never be able to kill him. Thing is, escaping from a kill doesn't win games. Pyke has to do more than just escape to actually win. This means that, no matter how frustrating it feels, Pyke escaping cannot secure a win. And his winrate suggests that people playing Pyke either a) don't know how to turn his strengths into wins or b) are unable to turn his strengths into wins (probably a combination of both). Contrast this with Leona, currently the best support, statistically (according to lolalytics). Leona is S+ tier. 54% win rate. 15% pick rate. Somehow only 19% ban rate. Less than pyke. Why is this, even though she is picked *more often* than Pyke and also *wins more often?* This is because players don't check stats sites when they ban! Based on numbers, you're always better off banning Leona than Pyke. And yet people don't. Why is that? It's because Leona isn't as frustrating. She can't escape your kills. Her cc is ridonkulous, but people say "buy qss noob" and act like it's fine. It's objectively *not* fine, she's overpowered. And yet, because she *feels* okay to play against (low mobility, for one thing), players just tolerate it better. She's less frustrating. You probably think so. I *definitely* think so. Frustration is hard to measure. It's a subjective thing. But it comes out in the numbers. To summarize, consider those main stats again: Leona wins more than Pyke, is *picked* more often, and yet is banned less. That is evidence that players find her less annoying. And it's why I urge caution conflating strength and frustration. Pyke isn't as strong as Leo; this is demonstrably true.
Strength vs annoyance factor is hard to measure. And yes, converting kills/escapes into wins is a hard thing to measure. The thing is, Leona has sufficient counterplay to be shut down/played into if not banned. Pyke really doesn't. It really comes down to the Yasuo effect - if the player on Pyke is good, you can't really do much to stop him. Even a coordinated effort won't be enough to shut down a good Pyke, who is able to convert kills into pressure into wins. The idea that Leona is S+ right now is fine - she's all-in or nothing. She doesn't have the risk-free pick factor, so her engages require a full commitment. So she deserves to have that spot as she is risk/reward. Pyke doesn't have that same aspect - he's very risk-free. There's a reason so many people despise his entire concept - he's not a support. He's an assassin forced into the botlane and given every single tool necessary to be viable there. And his gold-sharing has the potential to swing the game unfairly out of balance. We all remember what that felt like when Morde had the xp-sharing on his old rework. It throws things out of balance. I know that statistically Pyke isn't that strong. But he has far higher threat level and power ceiling than he should. His frustration and un-fun factor are too high. And since League is a game meant to be fun as well as competitive, his winrate isn't the sole descriptor of his balance. He's entire un-fun to play against. Leona can be sometimes, but you have clear counterplay and clear windows of weakness to turn her engages on her face. Pyke you don't have that - he has an absurdly low cd on his Q, and he can survive even all of your burst. That becomes an issue when he has a large bounty (as he tends to do with his ult mechanic) and you can't kill him to claim it. The bounty system is in the game for a reason, and if you can't kill him to claim it, it can very well affect the outcome of the game. It's just in Pyke's hands how the game ends up. And that's not balanced. I don't care about stats because it's just like Yasuo - the outcome rests in Pyke's hands, not yours. The issue is agency, and you really have no agency facing Pyke. You have far more agency when facing Leona.
: I hate bot lane crybabies. Some diversity is way better than the same Sh*t for 8 Years.
: That's always been true. They've just never been the ones you want to be getting the kills onto.
: When you've been playing support for 6+ years, and all these mages and assassins start showing up
It's not just that there are mages and assassins, but that Rito is actively encouraging it. They are designing true supports out of the game, and it makes me sad.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Pyke gives up wave control. He's great at catching and killing enemy champions, but he can't do that when there's minions in the way. If you shove them under tower, Pyke can shove the wage back out and needs to engage to land hooks. If you let them push and freeze in front of your tower, Pyke can't help his carry break the freeze, so THEY need to be the ones to overextend.
Pyke being melee and having Relic Shield as a viable option makes him far better at helping break a freeze than you may think. He doesn't have any aoe anymore, but you can't really safely push him under tower. That's where Pyke actually excels since it opens up gank threat.
EATARI (NA)
: Not necessarily. Annie’s stun doesn’t have much counterplay, but it’s also not too strong in most games. Similarly. Pyke’s escape doesn’t have much counterplay, but it also means he’s not doing much for his team afterwards.
I hear ya, but Annie's stun is her entire load. Pyke still has his hook and his gold-sharing ult. And Pyke's threat is up far sooner with no mana cost. It seems to me that there's a lot of daylight between little counterplay and no counterplay. Maybe I'm biased, but Pyke really grinds my gears. Especially the low cd on his hook and the huge snowball his ult's gold sharing can provide.
: Stats sites account for more than just win rate. They also account for play rates and other factors. He's not too strong. Frustration and lack of counterplay is a different matter. I think it's best to avoid conflating those two things to have a super valuable discussion.
Wouldn't the lack of counterplay make a champion too strong? Serious question.
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mPMRLEG8,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-11-16T17:51:32.574+0000) > > Always be of the mindset that if you do poorly, you're going to lose. Don't expect to be carried - do your part. Even if you're the support, you support to win, not to get carried. Effort is pain, Youre saying pain nets you wins.
> [{quoted}](name=SheikhEleazar,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=mPMRLEG8,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-11-16T20:46:16.383+0000) > > Effort is pain, Youre saying pain nets you wins. Something like that lol
: Why am I expected to carry every single game I play?
Always be of the mindset that if you do poorly, you're going to lose. Don't expect to be carried - do your part. Even if you're the support, you support to win, not to get carried.
BradBen (NA)
: You Forget that {{champion:89}} LITERALLY IGNORES MINIONS ??? {{champion:555}} at least has to clear few minions or try to sneak it in but tbh almost 80% of every supp that i played with or against just hides in a bush and tries to hook the like a coward
Leona pulls herself in with no easy way to back out if things go awry.
Ooduwa (NA)
: I realize that Pyke has one of the lowest win rates in the class, falls off late, is susceptible to burst dmg, and is more than manageable in a meta dominated by Leona, Naut, and Blitz. Seriously, spare me the dramatics.
Dramatics? Wow...you're the one who pulled the "mad cuz bad" card. Yes, Pyke would be more manageable in those metas if his ult wasn't true damage and negated shields. He's still able to whittle down even tanky opponents like Leona and Naut because he has vastly superior regen and mobility. Again, your points fall apart under any scrutiny.
PzyXo (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=UelwnXtH,comment-id=00080001,timestamp=2019-11-15T03:50:23.741+0000) > > Mages aren't overloaded at all, and they have clear windows of vulnerability. Pyke has literally no weaknesses in his current form. Mages aren't overloaded? simple example : Brand. Hit one enemy you win the teamfight
I hate Brand as much as the next guy, don't get me wrong. But he's not able to do his burst and invis/speed-boost out of the fight. He has clear weaknesses that you can exploit.
Saezio (EUNE)
: It is the easiest hook to dodge. If you think that hitbox is BS, let me introduce you to {{champion:111}} Q or Blitz or Qiyana R, or morgana Q or lux Q. Pyke's Q width is actually pretty mediocre comparably
I'm quite familiar with the roster of champions. Naut's hook has a bugged hitbox TOO. Both things can be true at once. Pyke's Q alone is pretty mediocre, but that's not even my point. It is a wonky hitbox, and it pulls you in, slows you by 90%, and allows Pyke to unload his kit on you much more reliably. If you have to pull in all the other champs with hooks to make the point, you're failing to understand the underlying point - Pyke's pull has by far and away the most threat out of any other pull or bind in the game.
Saezio (EUNE)
: And nautilus isn't ? He only has guaranteed point click tenacity ignoring R. Easy wave manipulation with E + aoe Slow. + Shield that AOE damages. + Root with auto attack that only has per target CD. Oh his Pull can also be used to spiderman through the map with half cd :) There is a reason nautilus is the highest rated support. And was pick/ban in all of worlds. BTW he has 5% higher winrate and 8% higher pickrate and 11% higher ban rate than Pyke in soloque.
Naut also has to pull himself closer to the fray without a way out. Yes, he's obnoxious sometimes, but he has clear weaknesses. Pyke is only weak for 2-3 seconds every 45s-1m.
: Imagine getting hit by a telegraphed hook that requires a charge up to actually use from ranged, and yet you think he doesn't deserve to have it set up the rest of his kit. That'd be like saying that Blitzcrank shouldn't be able to knock you up immediately, or that Thresh doesn't deserve to fly to your face when he lands a hook. His pull is not as good as other champions. He simply has more ways to put himself into the position to be able to hook people, be it his dash or Invisibility. The thing however, is that he sacrifices his only other CC if he uses his dash, or he actively broadcasts to anyone nearby "HEY, I'M COMING TO KILL YOU". The only time the slow matters is if you're trying to run from a gank and he pulls you, which even if he used both his invis and dash to get to you, you got hooked, you deserve to be punished.
> His pull is not as good as other champions. He simply has more ways to put himself into the position to be able to hook people, be it his dash or Invisibility. Given his ability to snowball a lane out of control with little input from his duo, I'd say what you just said literally points directly at Pyke's most glaring issue. He literally has too many tools and outshines literally every other champ who pulls because of his amazing follow-up and disengage.
Ooduwa (NA)
: You're bad. That's a you problem, not Pyke's.
You realize that the person playing Pyke is trying equally hard to win the lane, right? All things equal, Pyke has an inherent advantage because no other support can truly match his threat, cc, and damage levels. Oh wait, you weren't looking to have a real discussion with that comment...
PzyXo (EUW)
: I hate to say the truth to people who literally just hate Pyke for existing. Most of you (fucking mages) got the same cancerous kit. So a slow for 1 sec is fine...
Mages aren't overloaded at all, and they have clear windows of vulnerability. Pyke has literally no weaknesses in his current form.
Saezio (EUNE)
: [Support tier list](https://u.gg/lol/tier-list?role=support) He is 2 places in the bottom of all support champs with more than 1% pick percentage. The champion is so weak, I don't understand why you all are so upset over him. He has been nerfed so much
Weak? His stats don't point to his strength, but rather his ability to promote victories for his team. People aren't worried about his overall winrate because that doesn't at all reflect his laning power. If he gets ahead and the player piloting him knows how to force his advantage, his chances to win are much higher. Pyke suffers from the Yasuo/Akali effect - is so hard to play that most people fail miserably. Hence, the winrate stats don't mean anything when balancing such champions.
Saezio (EUNE)
: He is also the only pull champion that has to slow himself and CHARGE his pull. Only way to hit his hook is if the enemy is pressured into a specific walk pattern. It's so easily dodgeable if you arent already slowed/stunned
Easily dodgeable? It has a BS hitbox, my friend.
Brotha (NA)
: Pyke pull is the weakest of all pulls and don't pretend it isnt. You get pulled by a Blitz at a much greater distance, at a much faster speed, while being instantly knocked up. Naut pulls you from a similar distance but then not only snares you with his long distance auto but then applies a slow, and god forbid he is 6 because then it becomes a knock up. And thresh. Thresh lands a Q, that pulls your in slightly, then flays you even closer in while applying a slow.. and then boxes you for an even longer slow. Pyke is VERY overloaded and needs his sustain and damage nerfed more but don't you dare pretend his only skillshot is the issue when he has a fucking execute reset ultimate jesus christ I hate that champion.
I half-agree with your statement. Pyke's pull is so overpowered because of what he himself can do after he hits you. His pull by itself is arguably the weakest of them all, I agree. But his pull has that slow attached to it that allows him to setup his stun and ult combo so easily. I think I get what you're trying to say - Pyke's pull itself isn't as big a problem. But what everyone else is doing is pointing out how overloaded he is as a champion. And you've just had the audacity to defend their current target, so you got downvoted into oblivion. Sorry friend.
: My account was hacked, summoner name was changed, and within minutes, was stolen by another user.
It's happened to me on both of my accounts over the past few years. One was my alt account that I barely used, but my main account was hacked back in 2015. The day after I played on it. All you can do is reset your password and submit a ticket. Then you'll be required to prove it's your account by whichever methods Rito currently uses. To those saying you can't get hacked without sharing your ID or pw: you absolutely can. It's called brute-force. They have access to the backend in some form or fashion to get a list of user IDs. It's literally not that hard (relatively), if you know what you're doing and what you're looking for.
: But they did hard nerf xayah’s ult. The issue is that every ADC without self peel is garbage at Worlds.
I agree. The issue is even deeper, though: the fact that so much peel is necessary shows how mobility and power creep has really affected the game.
: Truth is he's not healthy, but he doesn't _feel _ very problematic unless you're an ADC. Imo, his kit should get an update but he doesn't actually need one. Malphite is very easy to smack around before he gets enough AP to oneshot others, and he's pretty useless after ulting.
It feels problematic unless you're anyone who doesn't build tanky or have mobility in your kit. AP Malph's whole premise is really unhealthy, imo.
: NA needs more talent
The problem is the NA ladder, mainly. It's a cultural thing, and this problem isn't something you can just snap your fingers to solve. Especially now that the game has turned really gimmicky with skins and 100-0 team comps, people are just playing to get the thrill of one-shotting or trolling. We punish people who call out the trolling more than the trolls. And we are watching our best streamers become just as toxic. It's a holistic issue with the NA region. We are, by definition, not competitive. When's the last time someone from EU or KR came to boot camp on NA servers? lol
Ordine (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-10T21:44:03.756+0000) > > Pretty sure Pyke is green. Plus, accusations of BF in a cosplay like this is absurd. We've really started going downhill with all this outrage culture. I looked at her cosplay on the site linked - it's not even close to BF. This is beyond nuts. champion is black if you zoom in on character model
> [{quoted}](name=Ordine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00010003,timestamp=2019-10-11T19:19:51.922+0000) > > champion is black if you zoom in on character model Color of Pyke's skin isn't relevant here. I said "pretty sure" as in I wasn't asserting one way or another. But that's not even the argument anyway.
: > [{quoted}](name=RISE Shlack123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-10T21:44:03.756+0000) > > Pretty sure Pyke is green. Plus, accusations of BF in a cosplay like this is absurd. We've really started going downhill with all this outrage culture. I looked at her cosplay on the site linked - it's not even close to BF. This is beyond nuts. skin looks p black in game
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-10-10T21:54:11.585+0000) > > skin looks p black in game Color of Pyke's skin isn't relevant here. I said "pretty sure" as in I wasn't asserting one way or another. But that's not even the argument to begin with.
Terozu (NA)
: We really need male Bewitching skins tbh.
Thilmer (EUW)
: Ridiculous racial controversy gets former cosplay champion banned.
Pretty sure Pyke is green. Plus, accusations of BF in a cosplay like this is absurd. We've really started going downhill with all this outrage culture. I looked at her cosplay on the site linked - it's not even close to BF. This is beyond nuts.
: Is there a way to hack the game to give Ashe her old voice back?
Destaice (NA)
: The Blizzard incident seems like controversy for the sake of controversy
What I'm really concerned about is that the casters got fired for this. What's more concerning is there is very little outrage over this fact.
: So Blitzcrank needs some strong point of uniqueness to be distinct from other hooking catchers. It is debatable which is healthier, 'the blitz' or a reach long enough to make proper positioning impossible in many cases. I prefer a strong blitz as his point of strength. I think he was better before the recent changes. I think if he needs anything to be more distinct, he should be changed to rework his ultimate to do less burst combined with a silence (maybe give it an ohmwrecker/turret-overcharge utility in exchange).
> [{quoted}](name=Hemulen Magi,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Xg0PUno6,comment-id=000f0000,timestamp=2019-10-10T15:56:21.674+0000) > > So Blitzcrank needs some strong point of uniqueness to be distinct from other hooking catchers. It is debatable which is healthier, 'the blitz' or a reach long enough to make proper positioning impossible in many cases. I prefer a strong blitz as his point of strength. I think he was better before the recent changes. I think if he needs anything to be more distinct, he should be changed to rework his ultimate to do less burst combined with a silence (maybe give it an ohmwrecker/turret-overcharge utility in exchange). He's already the only hook champ that pulls you all the way in without moving himself closer. And he's the only hook champ with a silence and shield-break. This is a blatant overbuff for no apparent reason.
: Why are they nerfing Blitzcranks ARMOR?
The could have just brought the two problematic hook champs, Pyke and Naut, back into line with what's normal. Now they've just managed to force a hard Thresh buff down the line. It's ludicrous.
: What is it called when Thresh uses E on Nami?
: Just recieved a chat restriction for this 1 game.
Assuming this was truly the only game in your feedback, you need to appeal the ban. And use the damn mute button ffs...
iiGazeii (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Rhai,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lhVcRw7y,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-07-28T01:47:13.523+0000) > > perhaps he shouldn't be a support then He's both. Both supports and assassins are designed to be strong in the early game, creating opportunities for all-ins, and roaming when appropriate to snowball other lanes. Pyke is a supportive assassin, with longer cooldowns and less waveclear than most other assassins, making him bad in a solo lane, but allowing him to set up plays for an ADC with extreme effectiveness. He plays like an assassin, but his kit is more valuable getting another teammate fed early on. As the game progresses, Pyke's cooldowns get low enough to function as a true assassin, and now that the laning phase is over, he needs to do assassin things, which requires gold. Supports don't normally get enough gold to carry, so Pyke either needs to generate his own, or steal kills from the ADC. I could see them gating the double gold mechanic behind having your ult at rank 2 so that he doesn't accelerate too hard, but the concept is sound.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lhVcRw7y,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-07-28T01:59:23.868+0000) > > He's both. > > Both supports and assassins are designed to be strong in the early game, creating opportunities for all-ins, and roaming when appropriate to snowball other lanes. > > Pyke is a supportive assassin, with longer cooldowns and less waveclear than most other assassins, making him bad in a solo lane, but allowing him to set up plays for an ADC with extreme effectiveness. He plays like an assassin, but his kit is more valuable getting another teammate fed early on. > > As the game progresses, Pyke's cooldowns get low enough to function as a true assassin, and now that the laning phase is over, he needs to do assassin things, which requires gold. Supports don't normally get enough gold to carry, so Pyke either needs to generate his own, or steal kills from the ADC. > > I could see them gating the double gold mechanic behind having your ult at rank 2 so that he doesn't accelerate too hard, but the concept is sound. That's what his gold-sharing mechanic was designed for. Between Relic procs and the shield-ignoring execute ult that shares kill gold with the adc in lane, there should be enough gold for him. In his current form, Pyke is basically S5-Morde-Rework levels of game-breaking. I would bet serious money this change won't last. Pyke is a nice concept, I guess, but his implementation is absolutely lacking. Severely. So much so they had to give him several advantages to sustain, mobility, and now gold income to make up for his fundamentally poor design.
Show more

RISE Shlack123

Level 235 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion