: > [{quoted}](name=BLIGHTBRINGER,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-17T15:55:41.899+0000) > > There are much older threads out there, older than mine that aren't even locked and it just so happens to be the same person who gets another thread of mine removed. Even if the reason behind it is somewhat decent this time. Threads don't need to be locked unless someone bumps them, and they don't get reported just for being necros -- so of course we're going to miss some. > As for the statue meme, it's not my edit and I don't see how it's really offensive. It doesn't change any parts of the statue itself, it just has bonus things added in the overall image which in themselves aren't offensive either because it's not like drugs, alcohol or anything like that is being shown... OK, but not being your edit doesn't mean you didn't post it, which is close enough for me. While you or I may not find it offensive, other players might, because Jesus is a rather important religious figure.
> [{quoted}](name=ChickenWrap,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tIOGJNwb,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-17T16:21:04.939+0000) > > Threads don't need to be locked unless someone bumps them, and they don't get reported just for being necros -- so of course we're going to miss some. > > OK, but not being your edit doesn't mean you didn't post it, which is close enough for me. While you or I may not find it offensive, other players might, because Jesus is a rather important religious figure. I am Catholic, first-generation immigrant Hispanic, who's mother was born in Brasil, and grew in Venezuela. And I thought the Jesus meme was great... because I actually have a sense of humor. I shouldn't have to bring this up but I have to or else you won't listen to my next point. Censoring league of legends memes for the sake of not offending anyone ever at any point in time in the future honestly just looks like a bunch of overlords deciding what people of various cultures should or should not be offended by. How about we let people make whatever jokes they want and if they're not funny, get downvoted into unfunnydom. For all you know, the person who posted it is Christian
: Zed Comic Series Preview
AKALI IS GONNA BE IN IT YES
: > [{quoted}](name=RJay123,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=000400000002,timestamp=2019-10-11T02:39:14.122+0000) > > The underlying issue here tho isn't the race of the people complaining. The race people happen to be should *not* define whether something is right or wrong, at least, in this particular instance. The issue is about whether or not a white person cosplaying as a black person is racist. For us to determine that, people need a working definition of racism which is and *should be* the deliberate discrimination against people of a different race. Did the cosplayer deliberately attempt to discriminate against black people by dressing up as Pyke? My answer is no. It is quite painfully obvious that the only reason she dressed as Pyke was because she admired Pyke more than the other characters she could have cosplayed instead. Pyke was chosen out of a roster of hundreds of characters, elevating Pyke above the others. I find it absolutely ridiculous how people could of any race (in other words, just people in general) could be so offended by this, that they're willing to absolute destroy this person's career, life, and reputation because let's be honest, if they had their way, that's exactly what would happen. Well that's not exactly fair either. While intention isn't unimportant, ultimately it IS possible to offend people without intending to and it IS possible to be racist without knowing it. I guess the important question here is: are people here offended because they have been conditioned to say they are offended in situations like this, or is there something genuinely offensive to them that they can clearly express.
> [{quoted}](name=SonicÐeHedgedawg,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0004000000020000,timestamp=2019-10-11T03:59:57.959+0000) > > Well that's not exactly fair either. While intention isn't unimportant, ultimately it IS possible to offend people without intending to and it IS possible to be racist without knowing it. > > I guess the important question here is: are people here offended because they have been conditioned to say they are offended in situations like this, or is there something genuinely offensive to them that they can clearly express. fair point. Good revision/rebuttal
EliFrost (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Worst Brad Japan,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-10-10T21:57:18.711+0000) > > Rich white privileged people getting offended on the behalf of others. Imagine getting triggered over a cosplay L M A O I'm black, and torn on the Pyke issue myself, but you're wrong. There is a decent chunk of black cosplayers upset about this.
> [{quoted}](name=EliFrost,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Efcwx1jE,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-10-10T22:35:12.907+0000) > > I'm black, and torn on the Pyke issue myself, but you're wrong. There is a decent chunk of black cosplayers upset about this. The underlying issue here tho isn't the race of the people complaining. The race people happen to be should *not* define whether something is right or wrong, at least, in this particular instance. The issue is about whether or not a white person cosplaying as a black person is racist. For us to determine that, people need a working definition of racism which is and *should be* the deliberate discrimination against people of a different race. Did the cosplayer deliberately attempt to discriminate against black people by dressing up as Pyke? My answer is no. It is quite painfully obvious that the only reason she dressed as Pyke was because she admired Pyke more than the other characters she could have cosplayed instead. Pyke was chosen out of a roster of hundreds of characters, elevating Pyke above the others. I find it absolutely ridiculous how people could of any race (in other words, just people in general) could be so offended by this, that they're willing to absolute destroy this person's career, life, and reputation because let's be honest, if they had their way, that's exactly what would happen.
: Time to admit that the blitz buffs were a HUGE mistake!
: > [{quoted}](name=RJay123,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=J3zAfdoW,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-09-28T18:41:49.274+0000) > > You sound like someone who didn't read any of the stuff that took me days to put together, but hey, to each their own, right? I read a fair deal of it. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm sure a lot of people would like it. Theme parks just aren't really my thing.
: I feel like I would rather play League than go to a League of Legends World.
You sound like someone who didn't read any of the stuff that took me days to put together, but hey, to each their own, right?
Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: I see. A League kind of Disneyworld. Owned by Disney, of course. You don't want to sell your soul to Disney, it's a bad idea, and a really bad one.
You don’t have to sell your soul to Disney to pull this off lol
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
RJay123 (NA)
: I Love This Game (Visible Sarcasm)
I suppose I should switch to norms after losing a few. The only reason I didn’t stop playing was cause I needed to grind the tokens for the prestige skin. But I should switch to norms rather than let my ranking suffer more than it needs to
Rioter Comments
: Very interesting analysis of the comic, I did a similar post but focused more on the comic and less on mythology {{sticker:leblanc-funny}}
Thanks! Within the next couple of issues, I think I'll focus more on the comic itself but I figured covering the big background, thematic stuff that the story starts off with would be good for covering the initial parts of the story. And I figured it would make for a new way of looking at the story {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Rioter Comments
Goldglim (EUW)
: KDA Illaoi
Not gonna lie, I went into this thinking, "It's obviously troll, the theme doesn't fit her at all," but I gotta say, wow... this is shockingly good. Well done
Rustypug (NA)
: unpopular opinion
Eve is best girl, but I imagine that won't very well received around these parts lol EDIT: Yes, I'm an Eve main, surprise
: Prestige K/DA Evelynn
Fellow Evelynn main and I support this post. PLEASE RITO
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Sukishoo (NA)
: Dunk master Ivern...
I don’t think Hextexh J4 looks that bad. I like the recall. But I am still pretty confused about Ivern getting a Dunkmaster skin. The only match I see is Daisy’s third attack being a dunk. But that’s such a subtle animation anyway. Other champs are better imo
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: The Grand Archives of Piltover: THE WINNERS
Bummed that I didn't win :( but congratulations to those that did! I'll try harder next time :) It was fun, thanks to the organizers
Jellbug (NA)
: Aw, thanks! Well you are a very insightful reader :) As I was writing them, I definitely had old testament stories in the back of my mind, but I also was super inspired by Milton's Paradise Lost. Lots of awesome thoughts on what it means to be "fallen" there (see: every time Lucifer talks, haha).
Oh my! I LOVE Paradise Lost. It was such a fascinating perspective on Old Testament history. Dante's Infernal is another one of my favorites. I'm so excited to see how Kayle grows as a character. The way I see it, her and her sister will come together after they each make a huge sacrifice, something akin to how Jesus in the New Testament does it. Just my prediction of course, haha, but either way, there's so much to discover about them. I can't wait! {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Jellbug (NA)
: This is a super thoughtful and interesting analysis! Thanks for posting! <3
I love reading your stories and digging up all the little hidden nooks and crannies. I’m glad it was worthy of compliment from a Rioter. Thank you so much! {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: If you want to climb, read this.
Not bad. Didn't make it out of silver before the end of last season but climbed to plat during the preseason and now I'm gold. Gotta say this is pretty solid. I'd say round and about the same sort of stuff that you are if I was giving tips. Nice
  Rioter Comments
Alzon (NA)
: Did you downvote yourself? 🤔
{{sticker:sg-lux-2}} {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
Tordio (NA)
: "I Evelynn Or Feed" if not taken "Throwing Shade" ?? "Peek a boo"?? "Heart Thief" all are probably taken but would be good shots
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: TerribleReworkChan?
Booooooo {{sticker:sg-ahri-3}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: The Grand Archives of Piltover [CONTEST]
When results are released, are there going to be any honorable mentions, or finalists group of people that get a shout out or is it just the winners? Just curious
Rioter Comments
: ***
Eh, whatever. South African, Australian, they both match her accent and both countries are rather sparsely populated and included desert-like biomes and both South Africans and Australians can be white. Not everybody with a mildly British accent is from London. That's all I'm saying. Kinda nitpicky to go for that though
: Gnar is the only known champion to break out of True Ice.
Holy... wait......... Gnar > The Watchers Dude someone call Lissandra and get this fuzz ball a contract!
: ***
Ok if you really want to argue over the accent and skin color of fictional characters, I'll back off it. Suspense of disbelief every now and then helps, you know
Terozu (NA)
: It's... it's australian.
I thought the actress was South African :o
: its not that simple, there are serious problems with kits or snowballing in general and its never adressed by riot. And the reason for so much negativity, you should have seen what a moderator posted about these forums...look up daily reminder from riot outrage.
> [{quoted}](name=Starmfangy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ap9WqX1z,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-01T18:19:12.773+0000) > > its not that simple, there are serious problems with kits or snowballing in general and its never adressed by riot. > > And the reason for so much negativity, you should have seen what a moderator posted about these forums...look up daily reminder from riot outrage. I think often times we underestimate the sheer scale and amount of work Riot is handling all at the same time. And there is a *lot* of things Riot is working on to try and execute them to perfection. The problem is, they are just human as us. There are inevitably going to be problems, and I don't think they're avoiding these problems so much as they're prioritizing some problems over others. Now you might have a dispute about the *way* Riot prioritizes problems that's altogether a separate issue. It takes time. Also, the rioter comment on forums is sort of why I posted this. I've been thinking about it and I can understand his frustration. Of course, he was wrong, but it was a rash comment about a fairly... well... toxic boards. It's not like there isn't context for what he was saying. I know I'm coming off as a corporate brown-nosing schmuck right about now, but honestly, I have the most sympathy for the creative teams that come up with the new characters and such. I wish most of all, that they could be left alone so that they can create all the kinds of characters they want to create without the community breathing down their necks.
: > why not emphasize what we like about the game Are we playing same game?
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ap9WqX1z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-01T18:19:08.419+0000) > > Are we playing same game? I'm not talking I absolutes. I mean we should do that more often
: ***
South African ;) Also, it's probably local to the region to talk like that, who knows
Rioter Comments
Camlens (NA)
: Dodge ball Syndra
Dude, Academy skin :O
: Ten reasons why it's better not to flame back
Alright, I have a compromise. Why not troll them? Not in game, I mean personally. You know how easy it is the mess with someone who's so mad they feel the absolute need to let you know that your presence makes them angry? *WHAT POWER* dude, it's like having a younger sibling get red-faced cause you whooped him or her in super smash bros. 1/7 top: Learn to jungle, you're absolute trash Me: Gotta see the jungle, feel the jungle, *be* the jungle top: *spam ping* Me: Is that how your mom calls you down for dinner? Can I join? Edit: I usually do better at being sarcastic in the moment :)
: Why Do You Play A Champion?
{{champion:28}} Evelyn became my jungle main soon after her rework and eventually, I just started one tricking her. What about Evelyn appeals so much to me? Well... It's the feeling of terrifying people. I remember I had a play where I flashed to instantly get into melee range on a recalling champ and before they had the chance to react, they were dead. The player then all chat's "Dude, you scared the sh** out of me." That was exhilarating. The feeling of being a dangerous possibility. I can be wherever I want as long as they don't pink up the whole map of course and no one would know I'm there until it's too late. The way it feels to play her is, in my opinion, exactly the way she should feel out of game. She comes in, tears you to shreds, and then gives you a kiss goodbye with her ultimate. It really does feel like, "You might chase me, try to find me, but you'll never catch me." Like playing a game of hide and seek, except often times, you're the monster doing the seeking and the enemy squishes are the ones doing the hiding. Often times if I'll have multiple kills drawn out over the course of a fight and I'll go back after to rewatch it but only through enemy vision and I legitimately attack from 2-3 different angles and someone dies every time I appear and reappear. Lore-wise, it's hard to say much cause she's rather mysterious. A demon woman of legend that's whispered in and out of history as a cautionary tale. But her coy personality, the way she talks as if she already knows you're going to die just by the mere fact that she's revealed herself to you, is priceless. Riot did absolute wonders with Evelyn and she is by far my favorite champion.
: Hey thank you so much!! Evelynn is one of my favorite champions, my jungle main! I never considered her for SG though, so I don't think I would work on her in the future. But who knows, my projects change all the time so we'll see!
Fingers crossed haha {{sticker:sg-kiko}}
Show more

RJay123

Level 286 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion