: Top is probably the trickiest, and sometimes the most boring role to play. You can directly affect how well or poorly bot lane does with a well timed, or poorly timed, teleport. You can gank mid but risk falling behind if the gank fails. You can perma push your lane and hope the rest of the team does well. Or you can fall so far behind that you're the one trying to push your lane back because things didn't quite go as well as you'd liked. Personally I enjoy playing top lane, thought mainly because I tend to play the play maker characters that set up for teammates instead of carries, but I'm ok with that.
> [{quoted}](name=Funkin Dunkin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eauIhx3a,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-01-25T15:41:13.067+0000) > > Top is probably the trickiest, and sometimes the most boring role to play. You can directly affect how well or poorly bot lane does with a well timed, or poorly timed, teleport. You can gank mid but risk falling behind if the gank fails. You can perma push your lane and hope the rest of the team does well. Or you can fall so far behind that you're the one trying to push your lane back because things didn't quite go as well as you'd liked. Personally I enjoy playing top lane, thought mainly because I tend to play the play maker characters that set up for teammates instead of carries, but I'm ok with that. I generally try to do the same setting up my team for success, which is generally the role I play on my competitive team. But I feel like that strat doesn't translate well into solo queue because you cannot reliably expect your carries to do their job. At least not until mid-high Diamond from my understanding
: > [{quoted}](name=ROK Viater,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eauIhx3a,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-01-25T15:31:09.457+0000) > > Well let's say you get a 3/0 lead on your lane, what do you do with that to win the game. If you leave lane your laner gets back in the game with tower plates/free CS. If you stay the rest of your team is a toss up. Pressure top, create vision in enemy jng, steal it, force jng to gank me(enemy, as well as babysitting/right dives can make you snowball harder), look for mid roam, top/mid tower, herald, after that swap with bot, same things. Or something like that, in any order, just snowball as much as possible while taking adventage of any resource you can get. I'm doing it with bruisers and some others and I think it is doable with Aatrox as well. That's just ideal, not possible everytime, depends on champ, e.g. taking jng without sustain can be problematic.
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eauIhx3a,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-01-25T15:40:21.865+0000) > > Pressure top, create vision in enemy jng, steal it, force jng to gank me(enemy, as well as babysitting/right dives can make you snowball harder), look for mid roam, top/mid tower, herald, after that swap with bot, same things. Or something like that, in any order, just snowball as much as possible while taking adventage of any resource you can get. I'm doing it with bruisers and some others and I think it is doable with Aatrox as well. > > That's just ideal, not possible everytime, depends on champ, e.g. taking jng without sustain can be problematic. Thank you for this response, most of these touch on things I think solo I could do to have bigger impacts, like forcing the jungler to gank me and then surviving/double killing. I think I often ignore the rift early as well when that is essentially a free tower if I'm winning my lane. Anything that involves directly trying to help your team I don't consider an effective solo q strategy.
: One word: Bruisers
> [{quoted}](name=CrazyMonkeyCZ,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=eauIhx3a,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-25T15:06:18.016+0000) > > One word: Bruisers Well let's say you get a 3/0 lead on your lane, what do you do with that to win the game. If you leave lane your laner gets back in the game with tower plates/free CS. If you stay the rest of your team is a toss up.
Rioter Comments
Gadwar (NA)
: Would it be bad to say that ignite
I'm guessing your talking about for top lane? Ignite gives you good advantage in lane and it stops healing. If you are playing top and opt for teleport, you are opting for less lane kill pressure to put up some teleport pressure usually later in the game. Essentially weaker early, but stronger later if you don't fall behind. Teleport let's your turn fights anywhere on the map. But you have to know how to use it correctly which is hard. If you find yourself just teleporting back to lane early and then grouping late, don't take teleport. If you want to try to kill your lane alot, take ignite. If you want to counter ignite/survive lane, take barrier/heal. If you think your jungler gonna gank for you a lot take exhaust. You shouldn't stick to the same summoners in every game, you should mix it up to best fit each match
Subdue (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Viater,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=xn55swpO,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-08-27T20:57:03.662+0000) > > In my case, 2 years ago a bad few days in a row got me a 14 day ban, my grandfather had passed away that week and i was just playing toxic for like 2 days. No racism, deaths threats ect. Got a 14 day ban after I went afk because 2 of my teamates were already afk. All 3 examples riot gave for my ban we're within 48 hours. At the time it felt like a big F U from riot. No bans/ restrictions, or warnings before that point. > > So yes a bad day can get you penalized Leaver Buster and IFS are two different systems. Leaving games does not impact your standing with IFS. Furthermore, all the games shown to you will likely be from your most recent games where you're reported. That doesn't mean you weren't already working your way to a penalty before that. Finally, you ONLY skip to a 14 day ban if you've engaged in hate speech, threats, or advocated self harm. If you really skipped both chat restrictions and went to 14 day ban without any previous penalties, I bet you'll find one of the those three in your chat logs.
I 100% skipped to a 14 day ban without any of those things. That is why I was so pissed at the time, no warning or anything just straight to 14 day ban for calling my teammates and cursing at them. i won't even type "kys" in chat. I'm just mad they que'd up and don't wanna play they dont need to die lol
Rioter Comments
Subdue (NA)
: 1. It's not supposed to incentivize climbing. You don't "climb" honor. You play the game while meeting the very low threshold of not being an asshole and honor is the byproduct. 2. An occasional "Bad day" does not get you penalized, unless your "Bad day" extends beyond gameplay related commentary and into hate language, threatening language, or suggestions of self harm. 3. IFS is a learning system. It searches for patterns across what gets reported to understand what the community views as abuse or harassment and uses that information to judge future results. This is why the standard for acceptable behavior varies across regions. Behavior that is considered acceptable by the community in one area may not be in another. This also means that the best defense against players trying to bait other players into breaking the rules is to report those players. Of course if some asshole is just reporting people for the hell of it when there's no actual behavior they deem unacceptable, they're basically just wasting their opportunity to participate in the shaping of the system to what they believe is acceptable.
In my case, 2 years ago a bad few days in a row got me a 14 day ban, my grandfather had passed away that week and i was just playing toxic for like 2 days. No racism, deaths threats ect. Got a 14 day ban after I went afk because 2 of my teamates were already afk. All 3 examples riot gave for my ban we're within 48 hours. At the time it felt like a big F U from riot. No bans/ restrictions, or warnings before that point. So yes a bad day can get you penalized
Kei143 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Viater,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1lEAll7P,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2018-07-27T13:24:33.071+0000) > > why wouldn't riot tell you when you've been validly reported? This would be a wonderful feature to have. Though there's a balance between a good warning and repeatitive spam so often that people become numb to it. > > Like what is considered minor toxicity? * Report calling / threatening * Defeatist attitude - e.g "gg I'm done, gonna AFK farm and ff@15" * Shaming * Skill - stfu noob * KDA - You 0/7, so stfu * Age - stfu kid * Rank - stfu you bronze There's probably some more, but those are just general guidelines. > > I play this game primarily, so that recent period would have to be less than 24 hours if I'm toxic in most games. It'll also depend on whether people report you. No report = people thought it was fine. So it is possible for one game you are deemed toxic and the other game with same behavior, you aren't toxic (cos you weren't reported for it).
yeah this whole deal could have easily been avoided if they just sent me a message at some point saying "hey people have been thinking your toxic recently be careful or you could get punished"
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >Your making assumptions that the majority of players use the boards in general, which I don't believe. why would they use the boards if there is nothing to complain about? {{sticker:sg-ahri-2}}
Uh, there are lots of sections here besides player approval?
Kei143 (NA)
: The system punishes based on consistency x severity. Meaning you can be punished with 1 severe toxicity game, or you can be punished with 100 games of minor toxicity. You weren't punished for 1 game alone. The reform card only shows you 1-5 **recent games as examples** of unacceptable behavior. It won't show on the reform card if it's passed the "recent" period. If you want to know how many games you were validly reported in, you can send in a ticket to https://support.riotgames.com
This makes sense, if this the case, why wouldn't riot tell you when you've been validly reported? Like what is considered minor toxicity? I play this game primarily, so that recent period would have to be less than 24 hours if I'm toxic in most games.
Baval (NA)
: If theyre taking items out of your cart you tell the store owner and they get kicked out. If theyre taking items out of your cart and so you take items out of theirs and then both of you get into a huge argument in the middle of the store stealing things from each others cart left and right, yeah you both get kicked out.
If I tell the store owner they tell them to leave but let them buy all my items on the way out. Lol
zPOOPz (NA)
: you are shown one SAMPLE of your toxic games. Perhaps you had been mildly toxic in many games you are not punished for until you reached this one game that pushes you into punishment. If you feel strongly that you have no other toxic game (be it mildly), feel free to contact support and ask for more proof. As for this one game, yes the SAMPLE is spot on. You are quite toxic in this game with the flame. You continue to flame well into end game and looks like you want to go at it post game.
This is exactly what I am saying, this sample is spot on but this is the only one, I will contact support. Thank you
: > [{quoted}](name=Viater,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=1lEAll7P,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-07-27T05:33:21.619+0000) > > You can get chat ban over 1 game now? You got one example, that does not mean it was a chat restriction for one game. > People arn't allowed to have a bad day here without getting punished? You can. You can have a bad everyday, if you would like. But in the real world, if you start taking your bad day out on other people, the staff of the store you are in will ask you to stop. That is what has happened here.
This is like if your shopping in a store, and there are people shopping out of your cart and you get pissed off and so they only as you to leave because they are technically allowed to shop out of your cart. But yeah I will as support for more examples if you say it was not over just one game.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/rank-distribution/na according to this website, challenger1-diamond 3 is made up of about 5000 accounts on NA, which they say it's 0.4%. that would mean that 100% is 1.25 million accounts if toxicity was rampant as you claim, don't you think there would be vastly more posts on these boards than there currently are? particularly because eu players come in here to post too
I mean, I don't know. Your making assumptions that the majority of players use the boards in general, which I don't believe. This is the English boards as far as I know, I've never even tried to find another language board here. And I'm not the one claiming that there is a toxicity problem in league. Riot has said that and has taken many measures against toxicity over the years. I personally think that handing out punishments based on a few lines in a single match of a game that people are playing for enjoyment is pretty harsh.
: yes. One thing I tell people is that League has a very tolerable system where swearing and dark humor(to a restricted extent) is allowed, but what you did is stated by the following: Harrassment: Its not, but thats how you probably got reported insult >your so shitty which is out of many cases. Chat Restriction is the least harsh, the league system is not something that builds up your toxicity and slams the hammer down when it reaches a point.
very tolerable compared to what? League now punishes any toxicity instead of patterns of toxicity?
: > [{quoted}](name=Viater,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=rT1OiGrb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-07-27T06:44:10.684+0000) > > Judging by this post and what i'm experiencing riot REALLY is getting crazy with the chat restriction hammer. Did you read the part where the dude says “Your going to loose us the game with YOUR NEGATIVE attitude.” Rofl not toxic at all. It does t even make sense ether
I'm not saying that this wasn't toxic. I'm saying that a chat restriction/loss of rewards based on a single match is pretty harsh. It just seems like Riot is now punishing ANY negativity they see instead of patterns of negativity.
: There is no such thing as a chat ban. Do you mean you are chat restricted?
Arsinik (NA)
: Thoughts
Judging by this post and what i'm experiencing riot REALLY is getting crazy with the chat restriction hammer. I have a similar thing, I usually "/mute all" every game and I didn't for my first game today and got pissed at someone similar to this, also a chat restriction.
Voldymort (EUNE)
: >But does Riot really expect every player to be 100% non-toxic every single game? People arn't allowed to have a bad day here without getting punished? It works for most people...
You mean to tell me in a community that is known for it's toxicity, most people are not toxic in a single game ever?
Rioter Comments
: The problem isn't assassins, its the unwillingness of players to counter them
This is so accurate, so many times I see people complaining that complain that they are getting 1 shot and "need peel" but they build straight glass cannon. Why would you NOT build GA as one of your 6 items on an adc
: There was nothing wrong with the last Runes + mastery system
I remember one of the main reasons they got rid of the old system was that it deterred new players because, 1 there was a lot to grasp in order to use them effectively 2 you had to spend lots and lots of IP on runes instead of on champs which was really annoying. Because someone who played more would have way better runes most of the time
Sneekers (NA)
: Hyperspace E-Sports LF starters for Team Blackvortex (Top & ADC)(Plat5+)
IGN: Viater AGE: 24 Rank: PLAT 3 Role: TOP Mastered Champs in Main role(at least 4): Aatrox, Garen, Darius, Ornn Strengths: I'm on most nights, I don't get tilted, good map awareness Weakness: Can get greedy if I'm ahead Previous Team experience?: yes, lots
: NEED A PLAT+ TOP LANER
Hey I'd like to tryout, at work I'll add you later.
Halfroot (NA)
: Account Suspended for "feeding" in ARAM
did you get the message from riot as to why you were banned? like the chat-logs etc? usually it helps if you post those EDIT: you cant get banned over one game
: Play GP and ult bot for free gold every 1.5 minutes. Then just powerfarm and out-scale everyone.
> [{quoted}](name=L Psy Congroo,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WKaQk6Ed,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-26T17:56:13.360+0000) > > Play GP and ult bot for free gold every 1.5 minutes. Then just powerfarm and out-scale everyone. I have started to play GP but it seems like the same tactic of, win your lane and then be able to help other lanes when they sporadically decide to fight. There has got to be a better way for most champs like darius, fiora, jax, irelia, any tank. I feel like it's just not possible to consistently carry without snowballing your lane and getting out of control, which you usually can't do if you get camped on. [gold-plat elo]
Rioter Comments
: Pyke: The Bloodharbor Ripper | New Champion Teaser - League of Legends
So basically, my "sea of thieves" character is now a "league of legends" character
: Is there any incentive to play ranked the rest of this season?
I'm sure there will be something worth our effort. Riot has always done something at the end of the season based on rank.
: Looking for ADC
OP.GG: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Viater IGN: Viater Age: 24 Time Zone: EST Top Champion(s): Vayne, MF, Trist Other Champions/Roles: Support / Jungle. pretty much any adc Availability: Friday and Saturday Nights
The Magi (NA)
: Serious Team looking for dedicated Support and Jungler (Gold and Plat +)
I used to play support for a team I would like to again. I show up to practice and I'm not toxic. Haven't found someone yet send me a friend request I was D5 at my highest like 2 years ago. Currently gold
Rioter Comments
: English?
> [{quoted}](name=420 grams,realm=NA,application-id=K6EGEal2,discussion-id=vUzcvppq,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-16T04:17:19.065+0000) > > English? Looking for people to queue with. I need S ranks for chests... I got you
Rioter Comments
: AG Gold looking for a Jungle main high gold or plat
Ign: Viater Rank: Gold 4 was Plat Top 3 Champs: Rengar, Zac, Gragas Can you Shotcall: I've done it before Do you have any experience: Yeah, I've played on lots of teams, and formed some myself, people just wind up leaving most of the time
Rioter Comments
Dragfin (NA)
: Grinding is a term that was invented by the casual player. Play the game and learn, you rank up. Don't play the game or don't learn anything when you do play the game, you don't rank up. It's that simple. If you don't have the time or you can't manage your time then you are a casual gamer and want things given to you without working for what so many other players have worked for. The casual gamer will create excuses as to why they don't rank up to try and hide this fact. I am silver 4 and will stay silver 4 because I don't play ranked. It has not one damn thing to do with the players I play with. It's all on me.
I mean last season i was Plat 1, this season i'm gold 5 your argument doesn't really make sense because I'm still playing everyday like i have been. So if I was good enough to be plat 1 last season but now i'm not even able to get plat 5 is it really all on me? or did something else change? oh.. it did, dynamic que.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Gold-Plat team LF top laner
: Gold-Plat team LF top laner
{{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Show more

ROK Viater

Level 179 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion