: Nothing has any trade-off anymore
Completely agreed. This is especially true for Items. Take {{item:3102}} Ability Power CDR Magic Resist AND a spellshield? Theres no tradeoff, no sacrifice, no reason NOT to pick this item. The balance team should remove the CDR or the MR entirely. One item does not need everything a mage needs.
: Yeah that's fair. I've tried (recently at least) to play with the mindset of just... playing to the best of my own personal abilities and only really trying to win for myself rather than win for the usually 4 other random people on my team, but that mindset also makes actually LOSING or dealing with annoyances and trash talk all the more frustrating, it seems.
> [{quoted}](name=SodiumSucc,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=j9EMyEU6,comment-id=00100000,timestamp=2019-07-15T20:32:40.495+0000) > > Yeah that's fair. I've tried (recently at least) to play with the mindset of just... playing to the best of my own personal abilities and only really trying to win for myself rather than win for the usually 4 other random people on my team, but that mindset also makes actually LOSING or dealing with annoyances and trash talk all the more frustrating, it seems. Yeah, but unfotunately, that doesn't work in a team game where gold leads become massive after a single misplay.
: Why is League of Legends so polarizingly infuriating even for casual players?
Because there are elements in this game that are completely out of your control, and losing games feels soooooooooo bad because of it. It even feels bad for winning games for the same reasons. For example - Take matchmaking. Gold players getting paired with low silver/high bronze. Absolutely maddening because most gold players know how to ward well, but the silver/bronze do not. They get caught out constantly and you lose. There's nothing you can do when players have less game knowledge than you do. This is why I've moved to competitive Pokemon. You, and only you, can determine who wins the game. Not 9 other players.
: > [{quoted}](name=Raiyza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WG7Pk7lu,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:30:19.975+0000) > > The correct answer is: 0 > At least to good players. Because challenger games end with 0 deaths, obviously.
> [{quoted}](name=church arson,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WG7Pk7lu,comment-id=00070001,timestamp=2019-07-15T14:21:52.014+0000) > > Because challenger games end with 0 deaths, obviously. As I told the OP who also responded to my post, I was joking. In my elo, 10+ deaths before 20 minutes is stupidly common.
: Goodbye cancer ranged top picks
: > [{quoted}](name=Raiyza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WG7Pk7lu,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2019-07-13T23:30:19.975+0000) > > The correct answer is: 0 > At least to good players. Please reread the title, I think you missed something.
> [{quoted}](name=The Ecdysiast,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=WG7Pk7lu,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2019-07-14T00:49:25.654+0000) > > Please reread the title, I think you missed something. Was a joke, man.
: Here's exactly how much you can possibly die within 20 minutes:
The correct answer is: 0 At least to good players.
: not without ori for the ball deleivery system though
Always going to be a good combo, but players would expect it coming.
: Can Bard's heal get some love late game?
Only if his Q gets an early game nerf.
Seal Bot (EUNE)
: Is no one going to talk about the fact Sivir received a MASSIVE nerf??
: Let’s look at why tanks are currently not of high value
Dude I miss when Malphite was an instaban because his Ultimate was too good. He's so outshined now, its so sad.
: I don't disagree with that sentiment at all. What I was trying to say is that if Tencent acquired a majority stake in RIOT back in 2011, but it took until, IMO, 2016 before the game started to decline, then it doesn't seem likely the cause of LoL's decline was due to said acquisition. It is certainly possible, but doesn't seem like the root cause.
Oh oh i see. Yes, you are correct. The aquisition itself didnt cause it, but it resulted in it. I'd wager that if Merill and Beck remained in complete control, this game would still be in its prime.
: To be fair, Tencent has had a majority stake in LoL since 2011. So, it is unlikely they were the proximal cause for the game's downward spiral. Honestly, it all kind of started happening when Ghostcrawler took over. Now, whether or not it's actually his fault I can't say. However, I believe keystones and runes reforged are a huge part of the reason why the game is shit right now, and WoW did the same thing with their talent system the very expansion after he took over sooo...... Esports are awesome to watch. I love them, but also hate them. There has never been a single game altered in the name of esports that hasn't been done for the worse. In making something more exciting to watch, it always seems to make the game less fun IMO. It does seem that RIOT was trying to appeal to a broader audience near the beginning of their downfall, but that's incredibly moronic. Why would the most played (non-mobile) game in the world fuck with their formula to try and get MORE people? Pure greed. Pure fucking greed.
Just because Tencent was involved in 2011, doesn't mean they can't change direction. The industry evolves every day. Games like Fortnite, Apex, HotS , Smash Ultimate come out. New competition means changes must be made. But when a Riot is controlled by another company, Riot is at the mercy of the direction Tencent wants them to go. They have to go forward in the way that generates the most revenue, which is esports. Advertising, sponsorship, tickets, merch, etc. It blows skin sales out of the water. Sad, but truth. Riot will continue to balance the game around pro play. Its just how it is.
: I love League's champions, but hate the current gameplay
This is what happens when a game goes from a bunch of nerds making something awesome, to a corporation with a board of directors (and then bought by a Chinese conglomerate). Its just how it is man. Esports, customer attraction, etc.
: > [{quoted}](name=Raiyza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2019-07-06T03:57:35.082+0000) > > *I DEMAND YOU ALL PLAY A NEW GAME* Resistance is futile Robot Sympathizer
> [{quoted}](name=Sylias Ravenmore,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=R6Jr1ms4,comment-id=001b0000,timestamp=2019-07-06T20:04:44.316+0000) > > Resistance is futile Robot Sympathizer I resent that! I am merely advocating for those sick of the game's failures! But, you know. Was worth a try! XD
: I Demand A Human
*I DEMAND YOU ALL PLAY A NEW GAME*
DeltaDan (EUW)
: Riot, What the f*ck
Is anyone really surprised? Like, seriously? League is, and will remain, unbalanced because of crap like this.
: Quitting ranked this season, matchmaking isn't working in my favour and feels rigged.
The issue with this game is that you can't trust strangers. The other 4 players on your team cannot be trusted to perform well, or even have basic game knowledge.
: WHAT IS THIS HACKER CHAMPION???
You just press Alt + F4 and he dies instantly. Im not sure why people haven't figured this out yet! {{sticker:garen-swing}}
: Guys it Has Been a Week Since I Stopped Drinking Soda.
I'm just glad you call it soda. Here in Michigan, people call it pop. I'm like stahhhhppp
: CheatSM! CheatSM! CheatSM!
mack9112 (NA)
: THe other player was not innocent though
> [{quoted}](name=mack9112,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=bmxm7to2,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-06-18T19:06:53.110+0000) > > THe other player was not innocent though It doesn't matter. NB3 deserves to be punished regardless. That was not the correct way to handle the situation.
: I just had a game that started promisingly, then 5 pings later, the whole team goes AFK.
: The real enemy is autofill. You get 3 support mains on your team then you will 100% lose. You usually get adc main on mid lane, support main on adc, mid main on top lane, top laner in jungle and jungler on support and then try to fucking win. Even if you get your lane, your team is full of random people on autofilled positions. That is why matches are of low quality. Nobody knows what they are doing.
Eh, I'd argue that this stupid MMR system is the *real* enemy. Autofill sucks, but being autofilled doesnt mean you all of a sudden forget how to play the game. Matchmaking is extremely flawed and it does not represent actual skill.
Manxxom (NA)
: I am concerned of how people will think of riot, and where league of legends is going.
They focus too hard on esports. Thats the bottom line. Tencent wants more money from esports. Thats why they are doubling down on "rewards" from watching esports, rather than something like discounted skins/champions. Therefore, they are going to balance the game around it. They don't give two shits about solo-queue.
: i dont play smash but the fact it uses a different model opposed from the nutz and bolts model tells me they might make a remake of 1 and 2 or possibly plan on making a new game (soft reboot)? Who knows.
> [{quoted}](name=XJ99999999999999,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=EVEeWal7,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-06-11T17:05:17.656+0000) > > i dont play smash but the fact it uses a different model opposed from the nutz and bolts model tells me they might make a remake of 1 and 2 or possibly plan on making a new game (soft reboot)? Who knows. I wouldn't mind this, but history shows that remakes are often ruined or made worse. So we'll see.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p11Iblfu,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-10T19:11:29.853+0000) > > You know it's bad when people aren't listed yasuo first anymore yasuo never belonged on the list, boards are just usually fucking stupid.
> [{quoted}](name=Grimspeake,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p11Iblfu,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-06-10T20:05:25.982+0000) > > yasuo never belonged on the list, boards are just usually fucking stupid. False. False. So much false.
: Well, I guess this is goodbye.
Best of Luck. All good things must end eventually.
: PSA: Shaco is not a strong early-game champion. This was changed in 2016.
Completely disagree. Shaco will always be strong early game so long as stealth is in the game, as well as his instant blink. There is very little counterplay to his jungle power.
Dyromic (EUNE)
: Riot, If you'll ever rework Nocturne I want only one thing
I think the ultimate is broken to begin with. I like the thematic idea, but I think it would just make Nocturne stronger.
Rαy (EUW)
: This game isn't enjoyable anymore. And the reason is too much damage.
Havent played a ranked game in a couple of weeks now. Feels really good.
: Go back and look at the kills and the engages those games. Especially G2. Jensen is the captain now.
Notice how I said "this entire season." I'm not talking just MSI. I'm glad TL is doing well, but Jensen is not the reason.
: Yo Jack! Look at Jensen Now!
Lol, Jensen has been getting hard carried. Impact, Doublelift, and Xmithie have been performing better this entire season. I do agree, Repeared is a terrible coach.
: Opinion: Riot isn't trying to ruin the game
Its not that they wanted to make the game bad, rather they wanted to make it *different.* The game's target audience has changed. Its no longer about long strategic games, its more about casual, speedy games.
: Does the balance team play this game?
He trades away mobility for all that. He's still one of the easiest champions to gank. Isn't he made to counter melee top laners?
: > [{quoted}](name=Raiyza,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lPOnLK0p,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-05-06T22:07:23.382+0000) > > Make sure you block the names of the players in the screenshots. > > But on topic, yes, matchmaking is terrible and it certainly needs to be looked at. that doesnt matter thats only for possibly shaming the people in the game not the system itself.
> [{quoted}](name=LordGeovanni,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=lPOnLK0p,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-05-06T22:24:10.779+0000) > > that doesnt matter thats only for possibly shaming the people in the game not the system itself. Oh, I thought it was a general rule.
: Fix ur match making
Make sure you block the names of the players in the screenshots. But on topic, yes, matchmaking is terrible and it certainly needs to be looked at.
: Can we do something about creep block
Agreed. Either create a rune which allows passing thru minions, or update minion AI and allow passing-thru ally minions. Creep blocking is incredibly annoying.
Kazukes (NA)
: I don't get the riven hate. She seems just like darius to me, don't be stupid fighting and dying to him early and she falls off like a rock
> [{quoted}](name=Kazukes,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fTi3V1jM,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-05-06T15:43:31.114+0000) > > I don't get the riven hate. She seems just like darius to me, don't be stupid fighting and dying to him early and she falls off like a rock That is hard false. She scales really well. She also can get off much more damage than Darius can in one second.
: A tanky champion just being tanky is still useless and ignorable. Tanks need decent base damages to be relevant. Both ways have been tested and it's generally more satisfying and healthy for them to have some ability to lane rather than just being nearly unkillable (low agency on worse teams and the other player smashing their head against a wall attempting to do anything). Maokai's Q buff was aimed at jungling too not just laning.
Tanks have good base damage. They don't have bursty damage without items, but they don't need to either. This buff to maokai was pointless and doesn't help his viability because Maokai jungle is fine. it's his job as a tank/initiator that's lacking. They should have buffed his armor per level or something.
: That's why I said I get your point ;D Not gonna lie, I pocket picked Maokai everytime I was on 0lp back then, pretty much a free win. But ya know, bias and stuff.
This is why I say items need a complete overhaul. items need more tradeoff so purchasing decisions are more, as Riot likes to call it, meaningful. Damage items are of higher value than defensive items. I mean, really. Why the fuck does {{item:3102}} provide a defensive feature AND AP, AND CDR? That's just too much. It should go back to the old banshees with MR and a spellshield.
: I get your point but those metas were just unfun for people who were not playing tanks. Insanely frustrating hitting/dodging everything just to die anyway because thats how the game worked.
> [{quoted}](name=HopeStartsWithU,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3h6uAiz0,comment-id=0002000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-30T18:37:54.695+0000) > > **I get your point but those metas were just unfun for people who were not playing tanks. Insanely frustrating hitting/dodging everything just to die anyway because thats how the game worked.** Gee, doesn't that sound extremely familiar...
: The thing is that tanks ALWAYS will be viable. People are just too stubborn to adapt since they got addicted to tanks just "facing" 5 enemies without dying from season 5. So tanks not being viable is just an excuse. Tanks were always viable and will be viable.
That is the point of a tank, yes. The issue in this season is that tanks are not as viable as they were in previous seasons, because access to damage is too high with the new runes and such. I don't think adapting is the issue. There's really not much to adapt to when thanks to runes like electrocute, one small combo means 3/4 of a health bar. I'm exaggerating, of course, but you got my point.
: You Can Defend Yourself Without Retaliating.
If only more players would be like that leona.
Moody P (NA)
: Most tanks are viable.
Moody P (NA)
: Damage isnt too high to begin with people just want to play tanks and turn their brains off again
Big Tick (EUW)
: Reducing damage across the board is not a viable solution because of breakpoints.
Bring back old runes and masteries. Rework items completely to improve stat tradeoffs. Done.
: Ranked Matchmaking seems off
It's atrocious what Riot has done to this game.
: Currently the problem on my new smurfs, i'm losing game's because players refuse to listen to game winning calls, then complain when it all goes wrong. Its near impossible for me to carry game's when half my team doesn't understand that basics of the game.
eunekid420 (EUNE)
: This applies to your teammates but enemies aswell. When they are "stomping" they still can't effectively end games. So as a smurf, you should have great chances to comeback. This fact alone makes me not believe these posts where people say they're stuck because elohell while smurfing.
Oh my fucking god. It is the WORST when you're winning 20-6 kills, but you lost anyway because your teammates chased kills all game long and didn't take objectives. EDIT: You can communicate to your team what you need to do all you want. Low elo players don't listen and they think they'll win anyway. happens. Too. Fucking. Often.
Show more

Raiyza

Level 120 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion