Meddler (NA)
: We're not happy with the current state of Akali either. Don't have plans ready to share just yet, do have some stuff being tested though. Timeframe of possible release uncertain.
SirEnds (NA)
: What tilts you the most?
playing the game in its current state and remembering that it actually used to be a good game.
: I tihnk i may quite playing toplane honesly. This role suck
Top has always been like this. Riot doesn't care.
: Old Aatrox Was SOOO Much Better
All the champions that they reworked last year were better other than Nunu. Last year was a dumpster fire.
: Well at least Irelia still has disarm on her R. He's a coach btw.
LS is such a fraud, I don't know why this community listens to anything he says.
: Meanwhile, us toplane bruiser/tank mains just waiting around... for something to happen to us. Any mage or adc that becomes a meta pick top (like tank {{champion:112}}, {{champion:69}} {{champion:13}} {{champion:67}} {{champion:236}} ) Basically makes us gtfo from our own lane until two weeks later when said champions are nerfed and go waddle back to bot/mid lane
Riot doesn't care about top lane. They never have and never will. This game is for Mages and ADC mains only.
HaeRicky (NA)
: I just feel like they killed Akali because of the frustration from players' complains
No idea why this is downvoted, this is exactly what happened.
DaBooosh (NA)
: Please don't kick Irelia out of mid
Riot always says they want to encourage champion diversity across lanes, but the way they've treated Irelia has shown that they are full of it. Irelia could be played in mid perfectly fine before the rework it just wasn't common. Old Irelia was so much better for the game.
Meddler (NA)
: We don't want to just put power back into Akali without some confidence we're doing so in a healthier way. Realize that sucks for a couple of patches and apologies. Goal is a better long term state so her balance doesn't bounce back and forth constantly.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: February 8
>Akali - As expected is in a very weak spot. Our plan is still to put power back in once we’ve got a good on the most appropriate ways to do so (don’t want to just reintroduce her as a major problem). Looking into that already, timeline’s uncertain (9.5 more likely than 9.4) The way you've handled this champion and the other reworks from last year is shameful. I will not be supporting Riot again.
Manxxom (NA)
: League Community when Akali gets nerfed
The league community is ass.
: Champion Weaknesses in 2019
Revert Irelia and Akali, the old versions were better for EVERYONE. They were reasonable to play against while still being fun to play. The changes you made to Irelia and Akali this patch made them both straight trash to play as. The five stack passive is awful to play with now and is too difficult to even trigger full stacks. Link to ICU talking about how he feels about the passive changes: https://twitter.com/IreliaCarriesU/status/1093239320155086848 https://twitter.com/IreliaCarriesU/status/1093234221584310272 The W change is awful. Irelia used to have HIGHER damage reduction than what is even on live against both forms of damage. Even with this she was still terrible to lane against top lane ad bruisers. The changes you made to this skill are worthless and make it a useless skill. As for Akali, you reworked her to be focused around her shroud and then changed it to be clunky as well. Then you removed her Q healing, which without it she won't be able to lane against many ranged matchups. You're sitting here talking about how you are going to make sub 45% winrate champions weaker... this is insane. You are making these champions unplayable.
HàrrowR (EUW)
: ADC players: We don't like getting one shotted in 0.2 seconds, Boards:
The only counterplay to ADCs is to burst them down quickly. You have another team member dedicated to protect you at all times. You are ranged and put out stupid amounts of DPS. You don't get to be the highest damage output on the team while being tanky. You are a glass cannon. Accept that your class needs an actual weakness and being squishy is it. If you don't like it play something else. To all ADC mains in here, Grow up. Seriously. You can't have everything.
heroikc (NA)
: Yeah, most marksman tops are like that.
Marksmen are trash tho, or so the people maining them want you to believe. No idea how Riot still hasn't learned ADC mains are full of shit after 9 seasons.
: Seeing all these adc mains makes me wanna one shot them even more :|
Fuck every single ADC main.
: Patch 9.3 notes
Possibly the worst patch Riot has ever released.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ralik098,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=w9zpfJv8,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-01-30T20:31:18.261+0000) > > Worst patch ever, fuck riot. found the guy spamming akali every lane and thinking it has anything to do with their skill. suddenly they will have nobody to play and hit 0 lp after 3 games of some shit like fiora
found the guy that assumes that just because people complain that they must be spamming a champion because they are "strong" even though those champions have a sub 45% winrate. Meanwhile the person complaining hasn't actually played ranked in nearly a year because the game is trash and Riot continually makes it worse with horribly biased changes. People like you are the worst part of the league community. Constantly whining about champions because they dumpster you even when they are subpar champions. Refusing to learn how to play the game and begging riot for nerfs instead of learning.
: Hey riot if you keep sugar coating nerfs the game will NEVER be enjoyable.
> Irelia comments Straight up the dumbest thing i've seen on here.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 30
Congratulations on having one success story of gutting a champion and then later buffing them. More commonly you all gut them and give up on them and leave them to rot. Zero trust in you or the balance team with what you are doing with Akali/Irelia. The talk of you not wanting to change Jax for fear of messing him up when you change conqueror but then not applying the same reasoning to Irelia is a joke. The worst thing Riot can do to a champion now seems to be to give them a rework.
iiGazeii (NA)
: The reduction is higher. It got increased to 50%. 50% reduction > 40% reduction.
Not worth the change to blocking phyiscal only. Dumpster tier skill now. Going from 4 passive stacks to 5 guts her passive as well. Akali and Irelia are getting Eve'd/Olaf'd.
Jamaree (NA)
: Some reworks have to happen as with the game updating they just don't work anymore. Old Irelia didn't work, old Sion, didn't work, Old Poppy, Yorick, Warwick, didn't work. Old Akali was the only one that worked and that was just poor game design.
Theorex (NA)
: How did it take Rito like 9/6 months to figure out
>You can't just strip people of the champions they love, and say. "Look now its better!" Then within the same year completely gut those champions. Ever since season 6 you've been doing this exact thing. Completely agree, never supporting riot again for what they are doing with Irelia and Akali.
iiGazeii (NA)
: Her W has always been her worst skill. They've made it stronger, but more situational. Instead of just a free small damage resist, it's a large damage resist against physical damage that lets her get another stack of her passive and get value when she otherwise would be stunned. It won't help her against burst mages, but she still gets to soak up damage from most assassins, fighters, and marksman, as well as staying relevant against tanks when they try to CC her. They don't need to ask Akali mains' permission to make a change. They put the question out there and got a response, but when they tested it themselves, they decided to roll with it. She gets plenty of sustain from Gunblade + Ravenous Hunter.
??? Her W is getting straight gutted lol. Defiant Dance (W) Damage reduction increased from 40% to 50% [Changed Effect] damage reduction now specifies Physical damage The reduction is lower and it is only changing to reduce physical. The only situation I can think of that this skill is even useful anymore is against a zed ult. The skill is complete garbage if this goes through and the only use for it in most games will be to get a passive stack. On top of that the skill is basically a self stun and sitting there channeling it while getting auto-attacked... you'll just be eating free damage for nothing. The skill is so bad that if they are going to make this change they should just remove the skill instead and give her something different. As for Akali, the heal on her Q is meant to get her through the early lane phase and without it she is unplayable in mid lane. She will get harassed down for free.
MrHaZeYo (NA)
: Lol why do you feel that way? Did they change a champion you used to hold dear?
Wait until they hit a champion you care about. Their reworks are shit and make champions worse most of the time.
iiGazeii (NA)
: They nerfed Irelia, but they've buffed the crap out of her passive on the PBE. She can get up to 40% attack speed at level 1 just from hitting minions with stuff, and the maximum at level 13 is +60% attack speed. The on-hit damage she gets at max stacks is better as well. She's got more armor, more health, and her passive makes it easier to CS, get short trades, and push down towers than ever before. A 90% slow on her ult is basically a death sentence to anybody who walks through the blades, let alone the extra 100 damage they gave it. They're rebalancing Irelia to push her to top lane and focus her in on sustained damage and situational tankiness rather than just being a generalist. Akali got nerfed today, but I fully expect her to get buffs tomorrow. The devs said explicitly that they wanted to remove the tower-diving power of her shroud and spend that power budget somewhere else in her kit.
>They nerfed Irelia, but they've buffed the crap out of her passive on the PBE. She can get up to 40% attack speed at level 1 just from hitting minions with stuff, and the maximum at level 13 is +60% attack speed. The on-hit damage she gets at max stacks is better as well. She's got more armor, more health, and her passive makes it easier to CS, get short trades, and push down towers than ever before. A 90% slow on her ult is basically a death sentence to anybody who walks through the blades, let alone the extra 100 damage they gave it. They're rebalancing Irelia to push her to top lane and focus her in on sustained damage and situational tankiness rather than just being a generalist. They also made it so that she only has 3 skills by making her W completely useless. > Akali got nerfed today, but I fully expect her to get buffs tomorrow. The devs said explicitly that they wanted to remove the tower-diving power of her shroud and spend that power budget somewhere else in her kit. They also asked Akali mains if they would be fine removing her heal in exchange for something else. Akali mains said no, they did it anyways. Fuck Riot.
: Riot nerfing irelia and akali when they are already sub 45% wr
Either the balance team is incompetent or they already got that $$$ from Irelia and Akali and are trying to push people on to another champion.
: Revert Sejuani.
Revert every rework Riot has done except Nunu/Xin/Ez/Sion/Poppy/Warwick. All the others made the champions worse.
hoganftw (NA)
: Riot has the right idea
I genuinely hope that your champions receive the same treatment.
: If you think Akali lossing her heal is a good idea.
: > [{quoted}](name=Snake of Avarice,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WEh3Zd2Z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-01-28T22:28:31.534+0000) > > Her laning will literally be impossible without the heal lol > > Why didn't they just lower it or simply make it scale per rank in it is beyond me. > > Imagine only being allowed to lane once you've put more than 3k gold into an item. Big yikes. Just like prerework.
Her laning prerework was fine top. Revert her.
: Irelia actually had a high Winrate XD
46% is not a high winrate. That is what it was before 9.2, after 9.2 she is at 44%. Riot balancing is a joke. She actually should be getting buffs for solo queue but can't because they keep pick/banning her in competitive. Riot created another Azir/Ryze/Kalista.
: I just don't get why RIOT has never decided to simply REMOVE a mechanic from Yasuo
Favoritism. It is fine to remove stuff on Irelia and Akali but never on Yasuo.
Xavanic (NA)
: Please, stop giving riot money
I've played league since season one and given Riot roughly $1k. I regret every cent of it and I won't give them another until they fix Irelia and Akali. Only two champions in the game that I care about and they fucked them both up.
FâgLord (EUW)
: Yasuo is the most overloaded champion right now
: You wanna Nerf Irelia the correct way? Then increase her Q CD refund to 50% instead of completly reset! Why dont u give Kata complet reset on E after Dagger?? Why dont u give Kata a Range CC Stun? Why dont u give Kata a overpowered Shield? And why dont u give Kata a 90% slow on Ult? Yes its right Kata has not a single wincondition against Irelia Mid. And dont forget Irelias AA are stronger, faster and shes Tanky too... Mages are weak currently, thats why i pick Garen into Irelia for the win. Tank Fighter on Mid are overall to strong and only picked in LEC like Galio, Irelia, Urgot, Aatrox.... I cant agree much with Aatrox, hes only strong because idiots dont learn do dodge or staying better against his Q. I have more respect from Udyrs Presence of Speed/Shield/CC or even Jax whos Kit is really OP.
> Then increase her Q CD refund to 50% instead of completly reset! This is the absolute worst thing you could do. The Q reset has to stay.
Meddler (NA)
: Quick Gameplay Thoughts: January 25
Been playing since season one and the only two champions I really care about are Irelia and Akali. Over the past year you all have managed to completely ruin both of them. Patch after patch of proving you don't know what you are doing with them and just blindly throwing changes out. 46% winrate on Irelia and you all are absolutely crushing her passive and her W. Akali is also trash and you are saying you want to nerf her more as well. Irelia's Q is now clunky to use, her passive and w will be complete trash with the changes on pbe and her e was already nothing more than a glorified reset marker. Akali losing her heal would be nearly as bad as the shroud changes you all did in the last patch that made that skill feel awful now. wtf are you all doing? Just revert them both, the old kits were so much healthier than this.
: Agreed, they should just show her dashing 50 times, proccing Triforce/hydra/steraks and getting a pentakill, since that's the only mechanic she has left.
Last patch fucked up her dashing, she doesn't even have that now.
ISmurfy420 (EUNE)
: Irelia Champion Spotlight it's misleading.
jwkº (NA)
: Question for League players who have been playing for 4+ years now
I don't, game sucks now. Revert every rework other than Sion/Poppy/Warwick, revert runes reforged and it would be fun again.
: As long as a shround that make you able to trade with people while they cant trade back exist i will perma ban this champion.
Her shroud is ass after the last patch. It was better when you could pink ward the fucking thing its so bad now.
: Why revert? It is lazy solution, they just need to tone down her number on her Q/Passive and if they ever nerf conqueror, it will calm her down.
Her winrate is already very low and they are going to nerf her more. They created two more Ryze like champions with the Akali and Irelia reworks trying to fix problems that didn't even exist. Just fucking revert them and admit you made a mistake.
: Irelia's already confirmed a gameplay update in patch 9.2. They should just revert this trash champ tbh
They need to revert both Akali and Irelia.
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: Akali's ban rate decreased to 45% after one week
Too bad she is completely unplayable now after the shroud changes. Seriously, just revert her holy shit.
Deneviel (EUW)
: ... RIOT logic in a nutshell. We can't balance assassin at all, so instead of letting a small roaster of champ in the barely viable zone let's turn everyone into an assassin and we won't have that prob.
Assassins were perfectly fine. There are just too many ADC/Mage mains that can't stand champions designed to kill them actually being playable.
Almighty (EUNE)
: People who want Akali reverted are those who like to play the game on "easy" mode. Old Akali was perfect for that, because her entire gameplay consisted of: Poke enemy with Q. Survive lane untill you ding 6. Ding 6, go to bot lane, press R on the squishies, flip your keyboard upside down and get fed. Get Gunblade and go God Mode. Oh, you have to actually think, land skillshots and position properly now? Poor you. Old Akali was a menacing abomination and no game developer ever should consider making a design even similar to hers. I am glad we have amazing and talented designers like CertainlyT to fix League's mistakes from 2009/2010. I am sure he will do a marvelous job with Kayle, Tryndamere and the other 2009 rejects nobody likes. http://www.auplod.com/u/dpoula9d885.png
> [{quoted}](name=Almighty,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2018-12-23T01:33:21.087+0000) > > People who want Akali reverted are those who like to play the game on "easy" mode. Old Akali was perfect for that, because her entire gameplay consisted of: > > Poke enemy with Q. > Survive lane untill you ding 6. > Ding 6, go to bot lane, press R on the squishies, flip your keyboard upside down and get fed. > Get Gunblade and go God Mode. > > Oh, you have to actually think, land skillshots and position properly now? > Poor you. > > Old Akali was a menacing abomination and no game developer ever should consider making a design even similar to hers. > I am glad we have amazing and talented designers like CertainlyT to fix League's mistakes from 2009/2010. I am sure he will do a marvelous job with Kayle, Tryndamere and the other 2009 rejects nobody likes. > > http://www.auplod.com/u/dpoula9d885.png People who want Akali reverted are people that would actually like to play Akali...
: All I have to say is, join the club. I've already lost all of my mains {{champion:14}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:31}} I can explain Cho if you like, but in a short summary, they ruined him with his W changes and ult rework. When they do a full rework, they don't revert it. Ever. Sorry man, but old Akali is dead. They also don't revert things that people widely like without understanding (like Cho's ult) even if it makes the character worse off for it. Mind you, the only character I ever played "how you're supposed to" was Irelia, and even that I'd changed up near the end of her life cycle.
> [{quoted}](name=ZerglingOne,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xQ8pPiLs,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-22T21:17:51.063+0000) > > All I have to say is, join the club. > > I've already lost all of my mains > {{champion:14}} {{champion:78}} {{champion:39}} {{champion:31}} > > I can explain Cho if you like, but in a short summary, they ruined him with his W changes and ult rework. > > When they do a full rework, they don't revert it. Ever. Sorry man, but old Akali is dead. They also don't revert things that people widely like without understanding (like Cho's ult) even if it makes the character worse off for it. > > Mind you, the only character I ever played "how you're supposed to" was Irelia, and even that I'd changed up near the end of her life cycle. In the same boat. Mained Irelia/Akali since season one and now I hate playing summoner's rift. Only still playing in the hopes Riot will do the right thing for once and revert.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ralik098,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=dbHO6lJc,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-07-12T08:31:43.253+0000) > > This rework is morde tier right now, just a complete mess. > > 1) Changed her playstyle - She feels almost nothing like the old one > 2) Change what lane she is good in - Her best lane right now is bot lane... wtf?? > 3) Turned her from a mediocre champ that no one banned to a champ that is banned almost every game because her new kit is so toxic to play against. > 4) Old Irelia was never as bad as the new one is right now after the nerfs > > The people saying the changes made her healthier for the game are ridiculous. Old Irelia never had a banrate this high and never had this many complaints about her both from people who play her and those people that didn't play her. I played Irelia all the way from season one and I quit league because of this rework. I'd gladly take a revert of this rework, probably the only way I would ever support Riot again. Now i wonder what people on this post think lol, cause she strong af rn
The main problems to me are not really with how strong she is. More that the new kit is just not true to the old champion at all and she is horribly obnoxious to play against now and it makes her hard to even get in a game.
: Actually no, in S5 people complained about Irelia far more than what they do now despite her being a lot better now.
Actually yes, Old Irelia never had a banrate even remotely close to what it is now. She was never anywhere near as toxic for the game as the new one. She wasn't complained about like she is now with people regularly sending posts to the front page of these boards asking for nerfs.
: irelia was pretty outdated and so was akali. Whenever they were slightly good boards screeched with ''REEEEEE POINT & CLICK STUN DELET THIS!''
And now they screech even worse as you can see. Old Irelia and Akali never had high banrates even anywhere remotely close to what they do right now.
: 4 of the 5 top NA players in challenger have a consistent 60-70% winrate on
Old Irelia and Akali were so much better for the game. Stop overloading champions that don't need reworks.
Show more

Ralik098

Level 96 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion