: Chicago Connection Clinic Megathread [Closed]
ISP: Ziggo Country: Netherlands Old ping: 160 New ping day of server move: 111 New ping day after server move: 190 New ping now: 225 Okay Riot, I'm done. Maybe I just don't understand networking and routing, but I just can't believe you managed to move the server closer to Europe and yet increase the ping times for Europeans. That has got to take some special talent. EDIT: To be clear, I'm not 'done' because the ping times have worsened. I'd be every bit patient for you to resolve any problems, but so far you've just ignored that there is a problem with connections outside North America. It's OK if we're not a priority and you care about North Americans before you care about paying customers from other countries. That's your prerogative. What's not OK is that you pretend we don't exist and don't say anything to us at all. Even a, "Sorry, you're not a priority to us but we'll get to you after we've taken care of NA ISPs" would be nice to hear. Well, not nice, but it'd be good to know we at least exist on your agendas somewhat. Unfortunately, we don't. Or at least, not that you've cared to let us know. And that's why I'm 'done' with you. I don't trust you to help us any more.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ramuhdo,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=PZclbVoE,comment-id=04c6000100000001,timestamp=2015-08-31T10:44:21.084+0000) > > Been in this thread from nearly the start, as ping times for Europeans are also *higher* to Chicago than to Portland, which should not happen─Chicago is closer geographically than Portland, but our ping went up by 30+. Using a program like WTFast properly gives us lowered ping, so it is a routing problem. However, Riot has yet to express any interest in our plight. Sent in a support ticket to ask if we might be eligible for a free server transfer due to how negative the server relocation affects us, but apparently we're only eligible for free server transfers in the case of "new" or "updated" regions. (Apparently moving geolocations isn't updating the region, except if you're American/Canadian playing on other servers.) > > I don't think Riot NA has any interest in us at the moment. They seem more focused on Shaw, if anything. That's all they ever post about in this thread anyway. > > I'm just a slight bit salty we're being ignored. I share your hope that posting here will attract their attention that they do need to think about people connecting from outside the NA insofar as routing goes. Yeah I am also salty tbh. I was really happy hearing about server move, but then I just got disappointed and ignored. I have been playing on NA for quite a long time and having even higher ping feels really awful.
I'm, of course, understating my feelings. I'm very salty. I was super happy and excited my ping was going to be lowered by 60, and I'd be having a more even playing field with the rest of NA. Then after just a day of good ping, it doubled and there's been no response to our reports about it. The logging tool just lets us pick (Other) (Other) twice if we're not picking an American or Canadian location... which leaves me wondering how they intend to even work out where the problem is if they don't know where the tracert was meant to have started. And frustratingly, ping in my tracerts just jumps up after hitting riotdirect.net. I don't think there's anything our ISPs can do once we hit the NA continent.
: I know it is highly unlikely that Riot could help us, but since I used to have a very stable ping and now I don't (I can take a bit higher ping but not ping spikes like this), something must be wrong with the server routing (an experience also shared by many NA players as far as I can tell from this thread), so I was hoping by posting this to help not only my fellow overseas players, but also players residing in NA.
Been in this thread from nearly the start, as ping times for Europeans are also *higher* to Chicago than to Portland, which should not happen─Chicago is closer geographically than Portland, but our ping went up by 30+. Using a program like WTFast properly gives us lowered ping, so it is a routing problem. However, Riot has yet to express any interest in our plight. Sent in a support ticket to ask if we might be eligible for a free server transfer due to how negative the server relocation affects us, but apparently we're only eligible for free server transfers in the case of "new" or "updated" regions. (Apparently moving geolocations isn't updating the region, except if you're American/Canadian playing on other servers.) I don't think Riot NA has any interest in us at the moment. They seem more focused on Shaw, if anything. That's all they ever post about in this thread anyway. I'm just a slight bit salty we're being ignored. I share your hope that posting here will attract their attention that they do need to think about people connecting from outside the NA insofar as routing goes.
Rioter Comments
: Any update on european ISPs? You guys said it is not a priority and I do understand that, but you guys take like 5 days to sort out Shaw alone and even then people still have problems. Does that mean I have to wait like a year you to even have a look at routing problems to European ISPs? Right now I am pretty much on double of the ping I should have and I would use proxies or vpns, but you guys block those, which means there is no way for me to get the ping I actually should be getting. The more I look, the more it seems like you guys do not care at all. And that sucks because few years ago I started playing on NA and that is where my main account is. Thank you for not caring.
WTFast works for me, though on occasion it'll not allow you to connect─kill WTFast and restart the entire process (and client) after a ~10 second pause usually fixes it for me. Still dumb we have to rely on services like WTFast when we could connect normally right after the server move... and had better ping to Portland than Chicago, which is closer to us! And incredibly frustrating Riot's just ignoring us.
: > Are you seriously telling me that because someone practiced their champion, it's unfun to see how good they are, and an Annie without any practice can effectively win every teamfight by punching their keyboard? That doesn't make sense... It's not that they should be punished for practicing. It's that practice should not allow players to circumvent counterplay in such a manner that it leaves opponents without suitable responses. And I don't mean to be picking on practice like it's some kind of bad thing. Again, my perspective is not "Veigar was unfair, but Annie is fair" or "Veigar and Annie were both equally difficult to play." If I had to guess, I'd probably just assume that Annie hasn't gotten her change yet. To elaborate on the point about practice, imagine we released a champion that had a 1-pixel wide instant laser skillshot that instantly killed its victim if it hit them dead in the center pixel of their hitbox, but otherwise, the caster was killed. With enough practice (and perfect ping), it's possible that someone could hit that reliably. This is somewhat hyperbolic, and Veigar's cage was nothing to this extreme, but you can still see that it's probably not safe to allow practice to reliably circumvent opponent counterplay.
> It's that practice should not allow players to circumvent counterplay in such a manner that it leaves opponents without suitable responses. An Annie who has practised clicking her ult on the enemies and correctly gauging Flash + Tibbers's range does not leave the opponents with many suitable responses. Why is it acceptable that Annie has been able to do this for so long, but it is not acceptable for other champions? Please understand: there is no suitable response to Annie revving up her stun. There is very little you can do against Annie's stun except make her click you and hope you won't die from being stunned. Could we please have more meaningful counterplay to Annie's stun? Or to Annie period. I get the argument that "Annie is necessary to keep mobility creep in check", but Annie's skillset works equally well against non-mobile champions as it does against mobile ones. I think you should keep mobility creep in check by hitting highly mobile champs rather than preserving Annie as the poster child of a kit that knows no counterplay.
: Oh right. Herp derp, forgot about trist
It's fair to forget, Trist knockback is an ultimate and has no stun attached like Vayne's does. Kinda silly Tristy's ult isn't strictly better.
: Y'all wouldnt be happy even if vayne had a 0% winrate, would you? Joking aside, I feel like this comes from the fact that it's not that hard to screw with the early game of bot lane. With TP, it's not unheard of for 5 man ganks on bot, which means any early game advantage you seize could be trampled by 3 other people. Also considering vayne is super safe in a fight (No other ADC has knockback, and no other ADC has a hard CC besides Ashe, even if it is conditional) she's probably not gonna die even in those 5 man bot parties. It's just too easy to mess with bot lane so theres not as much point in winning it compared to before
> (No other ADC has knockback) {{champion:18}}
: Honestly everyone who had their ping affected in a majorly negative way should just stop playing for awhile. Keep posting in the forums though, they can't ignore that forever. Bad publicity. Deserve the bad publicity though Riot, everyone knew what was gonna happen with this server move but you guys just keep ignoring us. That's just rude riot, we respect you enough to put money into your company, respect us enough to give us real answers please. You can say "we screwed west coast players and hawaii and alaska because theres more money in the east". You can be jerks if you want but at least be honest about it. I'm definitely not playing this game or putting any money into it until this is addressed.
Somehow managed to screw European players, too. Though the server moved closer to us, our ping's gone up instead of down, throwing us into the 190~300 ms ping range. (That's a red bar on the connectivity, if you're wondering.) So far, Riot hasn't really deigned to respond to us or apparently take a serious interest in solving our problems. Feels like we're second-rate players who Riot doesn't give much of a damn about. "We're looking into connectivity issues from Europe, hang tight" would've already been so nice to hear, but nope.
Rioter Comments
: _TLDR: I prefer Garen liking Kat, but Kat seeing a women is perfectly acceptable. I do not think that the women is Riven. Also, I'm a Garen fan and am offended at the character assassination of everyone in your post who wasn't Katarina._ I have a few misgivings about your post. Largely and most primarily is the lack of understanding towards the other champions in league. It is crystal clear that you have a deep abiding love of the champion Katarina. The issue is that it is painfully obvious that you do not have this same love and respect for the other characters. >You have some like Karma who may insist that they do nothing, that they rebuild and that peace is ultimately the answer. However you have those like Irelia and Yasuo filled with rage and hatred who think that the only way to ensure that peace survives is to remove those who will always threaten it by attacking them while they attack themselves. Cue second event involving an Ionian Civil War, if you so choose. Yasuo is in exile. He holds no clout in Ionia. He can no more argue in Ionia for war than Riven could in Noxus for peace. Also, Karma's character arc was finding an ability to accept violence for Ionia's ends. **"Never again will I sit idle." "Peace. No matter the cost** I'll admit this is nitpicking, but it is an example of the mindset that I feel is the issue with your argument. On the one hand, I would not necessarily call RivenxKat any more or less valid than GarenXKat. Riven is a deeply damaged individual, limiting emotional intimicy in her current state. From what I understand it is actually part of her appeal. Meanwhile, retconning in that Kat and Riven dated before the Ionia conflict (and Riven losing it) would go a fairly large way to tying everyone in Noxus _too_ close together. It in turn links riven to Cass and Talon and I feel would really put a dent in the whole Exile thing she has going. Not to mention it cuts a narrative tie between Noxus and Demacia. I personally liked the obscure subplot where leblanc impersonated J4 and Swain likely killed/dissappeared Kats dad. Part of the reason GarenXKat even started as a ship was due to their mutual nature as paragons of their societies. While it does result in slander to imply that either would sacrafice their position for a position on the other's genitals; I'd argue this is part of what makes it work. At least from the side of a garen fan. {{champion:86}} Garen is a paragon of Demacia. But he can't be anything else. Ever. People always want what they cannot ever have, and while I never really got the impression Kat likes Garen, I can totally see the appeal from Garen's point of view. Yeah it wouldn't work out....thats not gonna stop Garen from wanting it. I doubt he is smart enough to fully put something like that aside. I totally get it. Also, I don't really see Garen "being married off" when his position as a symbol and weapon is too valuable. Finally, Garen isn't particularly bright. He just isn't. **"WHAT WE DO IS RIGHT!"** The idea that Garen might secretly want to throw it all away and run away with the hot redheaded girl he has a crush on really makes him compelling to me. The idea that Garen would attack Katarina with a greatsword while also harboring feelings for her makes sense when we accept that most champions (and certainly both Garen and Kat....and Riven. And Yasuo. ) are violent people well accustomed to battle. Garen's place as Demacia's Strength is only as strong as his own will. And the unfortunate rotten kernal at the core of Demacian culture is that they aspire to inhuman standards that people just cant meet. The thought of Garen doing the Demacia thing because _he has to_ while constantly burying his own desire to leave that life, while confronting his own guilt over these desires? Then working them out on the battlefield? **FOR THE CAUSE** Its sorta like the superman appeal. The guy has a lot of weight on his shoulders. Unlike Superman, Garen is just a man. A strong man with conviction, and not enough brains to realize the full situation. I like that about Garen. He _might_ have found Mad Love. That terrible self destructive kind of love you cant turn away from. Harly QuinnXJoker love. Mad Love. The best kind. Also, marrying Fiora off to Garen would be a crime. I'd sooner ship FioraXJarvan. The idea of Fiora being willing to marry zat spinning buffoon 'as got to 'ze a joke. I can't see her dating someone so dumb, and I can't see her family marrying her off really. Not when shes the one who kicks all of the ass. Who is gonna make her marry someone? Her dad? Fiora aint got time for dating. She has duels to win. That said I now can totally see Fiora sleeping with Garen out of bordom and than being frustrated that he keeps calling her. That got kind of long winded. Also I'm intoxicated. Did that make any sense? I greatly respect your love of this fiction. Indeed it warms my heart. Though it seems to me you really want RivenXKat to be a thing, and it feels like your case was built to that end, rather than exploring the characters and coming to that conclusion organically.
> Who is gonna make her marry someone? Her dad? Unless the lore changed while I wasn't looking, Fiora defeated her dad in single combat and became the Head of her House. So no, not even her dad would be able to marry her off, she's the big chief who calls the shots. You _might_ make the argument that Fiora could be pressured by pee-- I mean, by her lessers, but this is Fiora we're talking about. She'd probably declare she'll only marry a man who can best her in single combat. And Garen? He's strong, but he just swings his sword around savagely and kills enemies that way. Crude effort is no match for true skill. I don't think Fiora could ever accept a husband who just swings his sword around stupidly and wins by raw strength than a true display of skill. Don't touch my Fiora. ;_;
: >black person whose ult is a driveby shooting. Thats a cheap shot. Luciens ult is cool as all hell. Also we got another black person who's ult is rewinding time. It took too long to get a black guy champ, but boiling lucien down to a stereotype just because he uses guns isn't fair.
'twas a joke, my friend. I mean no offence. Lucian is one of those champions I really liked seeing as a newcomer, but don't like playing because I'm too poor at mechanics to do so.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ramuhdo,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=PZclbVoE,comment-id=03b5,timestamp=2015-08-27T21:07:48.294+0000) > > Used WTFast, ping went down to ~120 ms ping from 190 ms ping without using WTFast. Both are still worse than the 111 ms ping from the day the server moved. WTFast, curiously, indicates the server is in LA rather than Chicago. That's at least where it thinks it's routing to. I picked a WTFast node in Chicago, though. > > So... somewhere something's going wrong with not using WTFast ending me up at 30 ms ping higher than when the servers were in Portland. Just tried using WTFast and ping went to 115 from 190, Virgin Media user. So anyone from Eu having problems can try that.
Yeah, ping is a bit inconsistent (sometimes jumped up for me, might just be bad at WTFast), but it can serve as a minor sort of solution if you're impatient and want to League *right now*. Would still be nice to hear something from Riot, whether it's something on our end to do or if they're looking into it. Support told me we're out of luck and will need to afford our own transfers if the game's now unplayable since free transfers are only offered for updated regions, but I'd hope it won't come to that. EDIT: I think I can safely say it's on Riot. Performed tracert to 104.160.131.4 (game servers per Riot logging tool), which reveals that we're being sent to riotdirect.net after Level3 receives us in New York. It's only after we're passed on to Riot that we're being thrown for a loop that adds ~50 ms ping to our turn-around. Interestingly, a tracert to 104.160.131.1 shows the exact same route (including Riotdirect large ping spike) but ends at 118 ms ping for me.
: Seriously. I really want this to become a thing :( I just wanna Beyblade all over SR.
> [{quoted}](name=RiotGradius,realm=NA,application-id=mNBeEEkI,discussion-id=MHzusA7t,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-08-27T20:23:52.409+0000) > > Seriously. I really want this to become a thing :( I just wanna Beyblade all over SR. Blind Pick, one Garen on each side, one Katarina on each side. Katarinas use R, Garens use E. See what happens?
: Chicago Connection Clinic Megathread [Closed]
Used WTFast, ping went down to ~120 ms ping from 190 ms ping without using WTFast. Both are still worse than the 111 ms ping from the day the server moved. WTFast, curiously, indicates the server is in LA rather than Chicago. That's at least where it thinks it's routing to. I picked a WTFast node in Chicago, though. So... somewhere something's going wrong with not using WTFast ending me up at 30 ms ping higher than when the servers were in Portland.
: Ah apologies for falling asleep on my face pretty much into responding to one thing or another. Anyway, I'd like to bring up a few points. First thing, I want to make it known that I did not suggest a non-hetero ship 'just to do it' or simply because I preferred that over the other. Riot has apparently made it clear (I say that with no sarcasm or anything of the sort, I legitimately missed several articles and never said that Riot had never lent their support to the LGBTQIA community nor did I claim to know all of their recent ongoings. Life has been busy) that they support the community, but to ignore that such a move would most certainly draw attention is ignorant. Attention begets potential players and I brought up that particular point if only to show a way that the company could financially benefit as well as do more than say 'oh gay is okay!' A positive to compliment and make what I suggest a bit more appealing beyond simply 'just change.' Secondly, 'change for the sake of change is not a good idea' is a bit outdated as a mindset. The world is _always _changing in both large and small ways. If we had followed that mindset, the world would be a very different place. Segregation would still be an issue (not in anyway saying that rampant racism isn't still a problem,) women would not be allowed to vote and so on. On a minor scale, look at the late 90's to 2000's. Watch any show during those times and you can pick out _exactly _when certain rules and regulations involving cussing on air. Certain things were changed and suddenly everybody on whichever show let lose far more swears than they ever had previous to that. Media would not be the same if we adhered to the same, original rules and so on from when television for entertainment became a prominent thing. Some change is not good, however some things can be made better. Such as breaking the common tropes and refusing to be spoon fed the same, rinsed and reused storylines we see multiple times a day. I'm sorry, however not all of us can be complacent nor are we catered to in the was that certain demographics are (primarily in this case the straight male gamer.) As far as the particular topic of romance, I only suggested one that was not Katarina and Garen (brought up a few others that I have considered since non-hetero seems to be frowned on) more or less to compensate for the one that was overused. Romance for romance to sate those who decide that they wanted it. However I made a point that suggested that Riot consider delving into other, less common forms of relationships between Katarina and Garen if only to make them _somewhat_ different and unique than most things you see everyday. Human beings are capable of multiple emotions, several of which are extremely powerful (as I stated before, see hate and prejudice or the respect that only a fighter can have for another fighter of equal strength and talent.) Why go for the route most commonly used and often times _expected _simply because the parties in question are of opposing gender. Why do they have to be in love? Can't there be something else in play to add depth to both characters while retaining that link Riot has suggested even before they really knew what they were doing? Riot has proven with the Bilgewater event (which I never said I didn't enjoy quite a lot nor have I said that it was in any way shape or form a bad or poorly written story) that they are capable of making significant, surprising changes. Changes that even go as far as to alter in game elements. I absolutely **adore** that. Twisted Fate and Graves' rivalry was a very prominent thing, probably one of the larger points to their character (especially Graves.) To see it resolved in a believable manner with proper storytelling and peppered with just enough realism was fabulous. I get behind that 100%, though I know that how it was presented was the only reason I could do so. If Riot had not been able to tie it all together so thoroughly, simply stated that 'its this way now' with little reason (such as 'its a forbidden romance because we wanted one accept plz) then I would have been aggravated with the result despite it being the same. If Riot can make the Katarina and Garen romance something plausible then again, as I have stated repeatedly, I could get behind that too. However we lack the story, have BEEN lacking the story for a loooong time. Given only a few tidbits here and there and minor implications with little reason has crafted the feeling of 'it just is because it is' and not 'it is this way because of insert a few dozen reasons as to how it is a viable story telling tool or even romantic possibility.' It felt hollow and forced and, before the implication that I am a relatively new player bubbles up once more, from the day I got into the lore. It was always that way. I've played for well over four years (though admittedly only the last three or so had I been actually invested in the lore as much as I am) across the span of several accounts lost for various personal reasons but I have _always_ been there invested in the lore despite my inability to actually play the game. Adding easter eggs to add to the implication but no rhyme or reason as to anything else does nothing but deepen this hollow feeling. However, I am fully understanding of the fact that we know little of what the Narrative Teams have in store for us. If they have something viable and worth paying attention to in order to justify it in the works, fantastic! I honestly only made this thread to encourage people to break out of the box creatively speaking. I more or less want something deeper, something more rich than the common tropes. With the retcon of quite nearly everything lore wise that we knew, Riot has given themselves a whooole lot of wiggle room to plan and truly make something special. I understand that ultimately, the lore and its depth are not priority. It is not a game say, like Dragon Age, where the story and character development is phenomenal in comparison. The priority is players, not readers. Money, not story, a point I feel like is only further weighted by the 'Tech Debt' post recently published. Perhaps it is my fault, being an avid rpg player of sorts, to hope that Riot could create a lore that was half as interesting as that of something like Dragon Age. I know they're two entirely different sort of games, one that profits and capitalizes on story and how much players enjoy that aspect of the game VS the other who capitalizes on game play and getting you just hooked enough to keep clicking 'Play Again' or 'Purchase.' I am given the impression that Riot is becoming very much so a 'money grabbing' company and if that is not the case, I apologize for that. However given how much emphasis is placed on such things, its hard to believe otherwise. Another thing I admit to is getting carried away by suggesting a non-hetero relationship because of how equality is more or less in the spotlight within the US right now. Suddenly, a whole lot of good things came into existence for those of use who are not straight nor cis and I admit that I was hoping that I could encourage more representation by suggesting such a thing. I know 100% that Katarina and Riven ever becoming a thing is more or less wishful thinking. Riot would never make such prominent and popular characters that already exist so blatantly anything but straight if orientation and relationships were the focus. I mean, to bring up a point stated by a previous poster, look how long it took for them to get a human champion that _wasn't _white. But again, to restate things, representation (while I wont lie I would jump for joy if ANY form of non-straight representation appeared properly in League) is not my focus. Breaking free of the same ol' is. I've always been vocal about my opinions, most of which are hardly agreed with (right down to my hatred for pineapple things) and to be honest when I made this thread I more or less expected to be ignored. I figured I would be perceived as just 'another gamer whining to whine' really, so I wrote everything out as formally as I could (and will be continuing to do so) and have been doing my best to keep a balance between the change I suggest as well as potentially profitable ideas (such as the game events I mentioned) to make what I have to say seem less 'whiny.' More or less 'I suggest you remove this but you can replace it if you want with this, or try that over there, or perhaps here look at this thing and also here have this kitten.' I suggested that one thing be taken out and I gave other things to take its place because failure to do so is more or less significantly less mature than I already am attempting to be. I love Riot and I love the lore. I have done nothing but try to be supportive in their choices and have defended them to a lot of angry fans of the lore. I don't want this seen as an attack or anything but encouragement for them to utilize the lack of lore to craft something special, not reused. I apologize if I seem to be condescending while I speak, that was not my intention even in the slightest, though I understand how that could be perceived because a primarily formal tone such as the one I have taken is often taken as such. I have to retain formality more or less for myself, keeping my thoughts in order so that I may properly explain my reasoning. One final thing I would like to address in regards to the posts before this, is that yes, I can again understand how you think how I am implying that the Katarina and Riven relationship is more or less a fanfiction. However, in a way I admit that it is. It kind of has to be, given the lack of anything that would tie them together. There are so many loose ends in the lore, spread all across Runeterra and the Narrative Teams silence coupled with 'SOON' has created a bit of a story void. Where there is nothing, fans will create something. I only tried to find a way to stay true to character as well as explain how their dynamic could work, unfortunately forced into inventing a story from nothing because of... Well the very prominent 'nothing' that still blankets most champion relationships.
> Segregation would still be an issue (not in anyway saying that rampant racism isn't still a problem,) women would not be allowed to vote and so on. Gonna home in on this argument before I finish the wall of text. Gonna point out that ending segregation and campaigning for women's rights wasn't 'change for the sake of change'. That was 'change for the sake of fairness and equality'. Comparing it in this way is comparing apples to pears; arbitrarily making Katarina and Riven a couple feels more like changing it up for the sake of having something different (and indeed, that's how your post came across) than trying to effect a change in the world for the betterment of a people. None of the examples you provide are clear cut, "Let's change it up because we can". I'll grant cussing on TV (though that may also be a shift in culture and a sense of 'censoring is too much effort/not real enough'), but the rest hardly seem changes done for the sake of it. Again, taking the Katarina/Garen ship, dismantling it and introducing a Riven/Katarina ship because it'd "grab attention", "be something different" and it's "more interesting" feels more arbitrary than campaigning for women's right to vote because "women should have as much right as men to determine who represents them". > (primarily in this case the straight male gamer.) Please don't play the privilege card. I know you haven't, but this reads like a complaint that straight male gamers are being specifically catered to. Even if it's true, that's not the fault of straight male gamers. They can't help being a major demographic in the world of gaming. Levying it against them as some argument that they must feel bad about being who they are is unfair and unjust. > Garen x Katarina feels arbitrary because they're of opposing genders Summarising you there, but I'm totally with you on this. Garen x Katarina is something I'm struggling to justify myself, and I would love to see that relationship more fleshed out than it currently is. There are some teases, some hints, and on the whole it's a "fun little thing" so long as you don't really think about it. The only sword I can see that Garen wants to stab Katarina with is a two foot long solid steel blade of justice right through her skull. That's not romantic, that's horrifying. Would really love to see Riot take this beyond a rivalry that blossoms into love 'because we say so'. > I mean, to bring up a point stated by a previous poster, look how long it took for them to get a human champion that _wasn't _white. Agreed here, and even going further. Females and males in League are heavily stereotyped with just about all women being between 20 and 30 looks-wise (no one's going to convince me Kat looks middle-aged) and they're all attractive in some way or the other. Meanwhile, most males are middle-aged, and then have beards, moustaches, are bald or have very long hair. Ezreal is one of few male champions who completely stands out, despite looking like a pretty normal adolescent guy. It's because League doesn't really have adolescent guys. We could do with a hot looking guy (because I swear, adolescent guys can look hot, too!), even a pretty boy (pretty boy != long hair, Riot!). A young child like Annie is fine, too, though arguably we have Amumumu. Then we could use a middle-aged woman. One past her prime but still solid. Not necessarily an old crone. Champion diversity can also extend to how they look and feel. Sometimes you just want to be "that old one" who shows the younger generation that **no, you whippersnappers aren't the only ones relevant in battle**. Instead we get hot young women, rugged middle-aged men and a black person whose ult is a driveby shooting. We may not agree on specifics, but diversity in lore can only enrichen it. I welcome the day Twisted Fate and Graves discover deep romantic feelings, Diana and Lux go on a date and Bard finally woos that special hot air balloon. I just don't think breaking up Garen/Katarina to replace them with Riven/Katarina is the way to go.
Onwodori (NA)
: *NEW* Darius as a Support? (Free stats EVERYWHERE)
Was gonna say that's a dumb idea, but now I'm actually intrigued. Lemme know how it goes!
Rendual (NA)
: Same problem here. My ping was fine the day they moved the servers but now it's at 180+.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ramuhdo,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=PZclbVoE,comment-id=0391000100000000,timestamp=2015-08-27T12:44:42.147+0000) > > Someone in this thread posted they were from the Netherlands and suffer a similar problem. Considering Ziggo is good for I think half of all internet connections in the Netherlands, it's likely. Not sure how to actually diagnose if more people have the same issue, reaching out is difficult. Ah alright, im trying to collect all EU people having issues with ping, so far I have TalkTalk and Virgin Media from UK, Ziggo from Netherlands and UNINETT from Norway. All seem to suffer from poor request routing.
Yep. The routing is fine until it hits America, at which point I'm not sure Ziggo even has any control over what happens with our hops. Since it was fine the day of the server move, I'm just utterly confused. Sent in a support ticket but apparently we're just SOL.
Ionian (EUW)
: Yes but usually you end up doing more damage if you survive for a long time and drop 3-4 combos than if you go full damage and drop 1 combo and get deleted. Against champions like {{champion:1}} {{champion:89}} {{champion:63}} {{champion:31}} {{champion:134}} {{champion:127}} {{champion:50}} {{champion:45}} I'd rather build {{item:3111}} and even sometimes {{item:3174}} and stay in fights for a long time dealing tons of damage (I have 40% cdr as I run 15% scaling cdr on every Ahri page). I also tend to build {{item:3157}} {{item:3116}} instead of pure damage items like {{item:3285}} just to make sure I can stay alive and kill everything. I guess I tend to build Ahri more like a bruiser than a mage, but my ranked stats do show it works quite well.
Not saying you're doing it wrong. :) Was just providing my side of the argument that dropping 3% HP for 10% CC reduction is also viable, given Mages having low HP to begin with (and the effect of 3% HP not being as profound). I hold every faith your build works for you.
: [PROPOSAL] Change Arcade Riven splash art with her cropped image from the arcade login screen
Thread reminds me of how most of the men in League of Legends are middle-aged men. Where my cute boys at? (Edit: Yes, I'm aware Ekko exists, but I feel like the female side has quite a bit more age diversity.) Cute Riven login screen >>>> Manly Riven splash art.
Digielf (NA)
: Arcade Ezreal as the final Arcade Skin
But Arcade Viktor. {{champion:112}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Ramuhdo,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=PZclbVoE,comment-id=03910001,timestamp=2015-08-27T12:21:34.590+0000) > > I also expected a decrease in ms ping; I connect from the Netherlands using Ziggo, and when the server move was just completed I was at 111ms ping. Yesterday, that changed to 190ms ping, but so far Riot hasn't shown any interest in troubleshooting that. Understandable, since we're not from America so probably not their #1 concern, but it sure would be nice if they responded to us in like manner as to our American and Canadian peers. > > From my tracert, I see that routing goes awry the moment it reaches America now, so I'm not sure even if it's a problem with Ziggo routing or if it's a problem in America where there's very little we can do. Sent in a support ticket hoping that Riot'll care for its second-class players, otherwise I'll probably have to transfer to EUW. 160ms ping is playable, 190ms ping less so and it's a bit frustrating ms ping went up after moving the server closer. Do you know if anyone else on Ziggo has this problem?
Someone in this thread posted they were from the Netherlands and suffer a similar problem. Considering Ziggo is good for I think half of all internet connections in the Netherlands, it's likely. Not sure how to actually diagnose if more people have the same issue, reaching out is difficult.
Ionian (EUW)
: Eh, usually if I'm facing a lot of cc I'll buy treads. The mr is nice and 15 magic pen is overrated most of the time.
I tend to build Void Staff + Sorcerer's Shoes, so I'll have 23 + 39% Magic pen. That's enough to deal pseudo-true damage to 30 MR champions and boosts my damage against everything by quite a bit, so whenever possible I'd rather not swap out sorcerer's for treads. On very select champions I also build Haunting Guise, and at 38 + 39% magic pen, even 60 MR ADCs take pseudo-true damage. I like to patch that hole with Banshee's + anti-CC mastery, given that 3% HP isn't always worth it to me.
: I'm writing this post again since I have had no official reply and doesn't seem likely that I will since it has faded among many posts! Here's hoping! Location: **London** ISP: **Virgin Media** Old ping: **170-190** New ping: **170-190** I was hoping that considering the server moved much closer to my location, that I would see a decrease in MS. Of course this was not guaranteed but could I get any information about why it remains the same? I was really hoping to see it drop D: I do not know exactly what **peering** means but I did not see Virgin Media on Riots list of ISP's and I would like some information about it. I understand that my particular problem is hardly priority among many other issues that are popping up since server migration and yes, I do actually have an account on West server for better **playability** (that's a word now) but I have good friends who live in the states and I enjoy playing on that server late at night when NA reaches peak numbers of online players and West becomes quiet. I will continue to play NA regardless and my ping is not really **THAT** bad but it just makes sense that I should see a better quality connection since migration, right? Please help :D
I also expected a decrease in ms ping; I connect from the Netherlands using Ziggo, and when the server move was just completed I was at 111ms ping. Yesterday, that changed to 190ms ping, but so far Riot hasn't shown any interest in troubleshooting that. Understandable, since we're not from America so probably not their #1 concern, but it sure would be nice if they responded to us in like manner as to our American and Canadian peers. From my tracert, I see that routing goes awry the moment it reaches America now, so I'm not sure even if it's a problem with Ziggo routing or if it's a problem in America where there's very little we can do. Sent in a support ticket hoping that Riot'll care for its second-class players, otherwise I'll probably have to transfer to EUW. 160ms ping is playable, 190ms ping less so and it's a bit frustrating ms ping went up after moving the server closer.
Ionian (EUW)
: Are you telling me I shouldn't run %hp seals and quints when playing {{champion:103}}? If the 3% bonus hp from the defensive mastery is good, those runes should be too, right? hehe... hehe...
I'd even argue in select match-ups, you'll want to swap the +3% HP mastery for the -10% CC duration mastery, but that's just me.
Sasogwa (EUW)
: Reminder that %hp runes should be buffed or removed
> I'm sorry but except if you build retarded meat ball 0 resists, you will not even reach 4800 HP even as a cinderhulk tank. I checked this with Sejuani, and at level 18 come up with 4802 Health, using Randuin's Omen (+400 Health, +60 Armour), Banshee's Veil (+450 Health, +60 MR), Spirit Visage (+400 Health, +60 MR), Dead Man's Plate (+600 Health, +50 Armour) and Cinderhulk (+400 Health, +15% bonus health). Looks to me you get +110 Armour and +120 MR while building sufficient health to **break even**. I mostly started calculating because you claimed > I'm sorry but except if you build retarded meat ball 0 resists, you will not even reach 4800 HP even as a cinderhulk tank. So you can get 4800 HP as a Cinderhulk tank. :D (Or at least Sejuani) EDIT: Let me make clear that I *agree* with you, though. You shouldn't need such fierce investment just to break even.
: Is it worth for garen to suicide and make his lane opponent the villain?
: Question for Junglers; How does this make you feel?
My hobby as Evelynn is to start on enemy wolves (assuming they start Gromp like a good red team jungler), then sneak into the bush by blue buff. Smite Blue, Ignite enemy jungler, get ez first blood.
: Thanks for fucking over AK and HI, Riot!
68 + 50 = 118. Let's say you instead got 90 extra ping. That's still 158, which is what I played at and I've reached Silver I, higher than your Silver V (playing every role, including ADCs!). I'm fairly sure the ping at least is playable. The constant DCs are an issue you should report in the Chicago Connection support thread. They're working on it, I'm fairly sure.
: Trust me, I'm a guy who was adopted by two dudes. It's not really all that special, it's hardly different than having straight parents (and I got sources to back that up, if my personal experience isn't enough!). So I guess I'm the same way. Here, just to prove our point home, I'll play a quick word swap game. > I'll take a blasé Romeo and Juliet relationship over a **straight** relationship "for the sake of representation" or "because we can". Don't get me wrong─I'm not against a **heterosexual** relationship, be it in real life or in my video games. But I don't believe that in the latter case, you should introduce one just to be novel or polarising. >I'll take a blasé Romeo and Juliet relationship over a **interracial** relationship "for the sake of representation" or "because we can". Don't get me wrong─I'm not against a **interracial** relationship, be it in real life or in my video games. But I don't believe that in the latter case, you should introduce one just to be novel or polarising. >I'll take a blasé Romeo and Juliet relationship over a **robosexual** relationship "for the sake of representation" or "because we can". Don't get me wrong─I'm not against a **robosexual** relationship, be it in real life or in my video games. But I don't believe that in the latter case, you should introduce one just to be novel or polarising. As someone who aspires to be a writer someday, I often make the mistake of doing something because I can. Thing is, stories are driven because characters *want* something. Gay relationships for the sake of gay relationships would be shallow for the game's lore, hell if that were to happen it'd be more interesting if maybe, like, Caitlyn and Vi for example were on some kind of mission and had a close brush with death, and maybe Vi said something in the heat of the moment. Or maybe Taric casually mentions a previous boyfriend, or Tristana quietly turns down Teemo because she's not into men. Nothing too big, because it just really doesn't fit the theme of the game. Garen and Katarina's relationship (or whatever it is) is probably the biggest "shipping" this game will ever have, and that's honestly not a bad thing. Hell, even that's decent writing because at least Garen has a reason ((fighting her, I guess?) to seek Katarina out beyond wanting to bang her.
The word swap game does apply in all cases. I'm not against *any* kind of romance (Bard x Hot Air Balloon), so long as it isn't done just for the sake of it, or just to be polarising and eye-catching. Similar to you, I enjoy writing, and published a few stories myself in the visual novel format. What characters *want* is always the more important thing than establishing a love relationship for the sake of love. Making a big deal about a League relationship does indeed not feel like it fits the game. Like Diana being into girls as a passing remark, or Lux and Ezreal's supposed relationship. None of these catch the limelight, and they shouldn't. League is about murdering cute little hooded guys in a forest with some towers and a glowing stone at the end of the road. It's not about carrying your beloved to the hymnal altar to exchange wedding vows. At best, it's about carrying your beloved to victory because they keep feeding and you're through with that shit and want a win for a change.
: >(Bard/Hot Air Balloon 4 life) I ship this. >I'm rather nonplussed with your suggestion of changing it to a homosexual relationship as an attention grabbing gimmick - I don't really think that's appropriate for anyone. Blegh. Just quoting that instead of two whole passages, but I'm not really a fan of people who want a gay/straight champion for the sake of being gay/straight, either a new champion or adding to a new one. OP might have some decent opinions, but someone's sexuality is a part of their character, not just tacked on or some label they live by. Using that as an attention grabbing gimmick, even if it was a heterosexual relationship, is rather shallow. Part of the reason the Kat/Garen ship sails so strong is that some art (see Dino Gnar for example) and writing *hints* at it rather than downright canonizes, both to tease us and to leave it at interpretation without forcing it down our throats. And that "teasing" is equal opportunity. Some ships are teased at, either unintentionally ("Cupcake!") or intentionally (Ezreal drawing what?), but for the most part it's mostly just that: teasing. No attention grabbing gimmick, no epic lore event, just a little bit of flavor to the game to make use tilt our heads and wonder what's going on inside these champions's heads. Is Vi totally fists over heels for Cait, or just a playful friend? Is Garen totally hot for Katarina, or does he just want to fight what he finds to be a true opponent in battle?
> I'm not really a fan of people who want a gay/straight champion for the sake of being gay/straight I'll take a blasé Romeo and Juliet relationship over a gay relationship "for the sake of representation" or "because we can". Don't get me wrong─I'm not *against* a homosexual relationship, be it in real life or in my video games. But I don't believe that in the latter case, you should introduce one just to be novel or polarising.
: They are coming champion theory (Averdrian)
It'd actually be neat, but the emblem doesn't really match the one on Averdrian's forehead. Why do you think the picture matches? It'd honestly be kind of neat if it was an ADC. Aatrox's bow-wielding rival come to quell wars instead of instigate them! (As if!)
: > [{quoted}](name=Chromatic Eagle,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=miEz1Ng3,comment-id=000300000000000100000001,timestamp=2015-08-26T23:11:12.222+0000) > > What exactly is a senior level designer? Also grats on that. Figured you were a low ranked employee. You've been here for months now, and you've been a positive influence on the lore fans for attempting to communicate with us, even though it's not your specific area. What have been some of the good, the bad, and the weird surprises that you've learned about us, or the lore? Thank you! I'm actually an old (oooold) hand at this game-development shenanigans - been a level designer for comfortably over a decade now, and I've been at Riot for around a year and a half. Happy I've been able to be some use in that time, even if I'm not the best person for the task. The Good: You are all SUPER passionate over here, and think through not only factual elements, but the underlying themes and meanings much deeper than I think many other places might give you lot credit for. I lurk like crazy, and so I do read some of the longer, more in depth, analysis posts that pop up. As for the lore, it goes deeeeep here. A game with this much history means I'm learning new stuff about it all the time - which is both great because learning new stuff is brilliant, and terrifying, because if I put my foot in it through ignorance, I know you guys will set me straight ;D The Bad: The players have been burnt by some bad experiences with how the story has been handled in many ways - and their reactions are for the most part totally human and understandable. Not being able to fix that is super frustrating to me. On the lore specifically, it's a big bag of mad in many ways - which is great and terrifying! Some parts I can hardly believe is a real part of the game - but there are always some players who LOVE every element, so I need to remember to respect the parts that I think are too weird to exist :) The Weird: Ah, wait. I think I just talked about that in the bad bit. Huh. Well, there's enough weird to go round! It's weird that Riot talks to players as much as it does (I came from a studio where you'd go internet dark for 5 years, on pain of being fired). It's weird that they don't talk more! It's weird that lore goes through so many rounds of approval and stakeholder review. It's weird that there aren't more ways to make the boundary between official lore and player-lore more porous (I think about that a lot). I'm kind of weird too. It's weird that I like being weird.
> It's weird that there aren't more ways to make the boundary between official lore and player-lore more porous (I think about that a lot). Is it weird that I read that as "more Poros"?
Somyi (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Nayrz NA,realm=NA,application-id=osqw6G4M,discussion-id=PZclbVoE,comment-id=007d0000,timestamp=2015-08-25T18:43:42.153+0000) > > I'm in exactly the same boat! Just not living in Glasgow. > > My tests to the current server IP that has been mentioned by Rioters gives me no change in ping though, and after 12 attempts in custom games my ping has stayed the same. I've either missed the Chicago servers 12 times or the ping is just magically staying the same. The .1 IP gives me under 130 ping (which lines up with what I've been hearing of other Europeans on NA), while the .3 IP gives me ~190 (I currently hover between 180-200). I've been reading reports of people in Europe getting between 100 - 140 on the Chicago servers, but I have had 0 improvement despite being closer geographically to say, Sweden or Germany. The tracert to 104.160.131.3 shows that there is a random area on the way to the servers where the ping just jumps up drastically. I would fill out the little form in the OP but it seems to cater specifically to those living in NA :( i'm in edinburgh and yeah. my ping just didn't change.. i dont know what's happening but ive tested it 10+ times and still at 180-200 ping
It looks to me from tracert that we're going through *Los Angeles* to reach Chicago... whereas LA is on the far west coast. Seems horribly inefficient routing, or the IP geolocation is incorrect.
Extasios (NA)
: I need some tips on veigar.
You'll need to give some particular areas where you struggle. Looking through Match History, your itemisation isn't very good. Due to Veigar's nature it's easy to believe you need to build a lot of Mana or Mana Regen, but that's not really true. Mana Potions are sufficient, Morellonomicon **OR** Athene's Grail supplement it later on. You want Sorc Boots, Zhonya's and Void Staff before you look toward other items. Why Void Staff? Because with Sorc Boots and Void Staff and Runes/Masteries, you should have 23 / 39% magic pen. Against a 55 M. Resist champion, that's ~11 M. Resist left over if I do my maths right, and that'll boost your damage against them tremendously. "Hold on, Ramuhdo, Veigar has great AP ratios, Deathcap's better!", you might say. Deathcap only boosts your AP ratio part of the damage, Void Staff gives a % boost to both the base AND your scaling damage. Also, against 40 MR it's 1.4 MR left. Against 30 MR (mid champs who don't believe in MR), you do True Damage. Trust me, you like that. If you max your Q first and your E second, you'll have an easier time dominating. E is a good zoning/CC tool, and most of W's damage'll come from your AP ratio. Higher level E lets you actually land your W. If allies can keep opponents in place (or if they for some reason don't dodge), it's fine to max W after taking E to level 2 or 3. Stay on the outskirts of the fight, poking in with Q's and E's to try and generate picks, then blast the enemy squishy with justice. If an engage happens, or a fight is underway, either use E around enemy carries to limit their mobility/stun them, or put it around YOUR OWN CARRIES to protect them from people trying to go in on them. Veigar's awesome like that.
: Chicago Connection Clinic Megathread [Closed]
Playing from Netherlands, I went from 111ms ping right after the move, to 190ms ping right now. I did a tracert: --- Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Me>tracert 104.160.131.3 Tracing route to 104.160.131.3 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.178.1 2 7 ms 5 ms 5 ms 10.215.220.1 3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms sk-rc0001-ds102-vl202.core.as9143.net [213.51.138.129] 4 10 ms 9 ms 12 ms gn-rc0002-cr102-ae12-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.157.10] 5 15 ms 14 ms 12 ms asd-tr0610-cr101-ae2-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.158.16] 6 16 ms 14 ms 13 ms lag-15.ear1.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [212.72.40.245] 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 114 ms 114 ms 113 ms 4.35.80.238 9 115 ms 114 ms 113 ms 104.160.132.35 10 183 ms 182 ms 183 ms 104.160.131.3 Trace complete. C:\Users\Me>tracert 104.160.131.3 Tracing route to 104.160.131.3 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.178.1 2 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms 10.215.220.1 3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms sk-rc0001-ds102-vl202.core.as9143.net [213.51.138.129] 4 10 ms 8 ms 10 ms gn-rc0002-cr102-ae12-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.157.10] 5 13 ms 17 ms 12 ms asd-tr0610-cr101-ae2-0.core.as9143.net [213.51.158.16] 6 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms lag-15.ear1.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [212.72.40.245] 7 * * * Request timed out. 8 112 ms 114 ms 115 ms 4.35.80.238 9 113 ms 114 ms 117 ms 104.160.132.35 10 188 ms 182 ms 183 ms 104.160.131.3 Trace complete. C:\Users\Me> --- Normally this should result in 90ms ping climbing to 105ms ping after the Request timed out. But it's suddenly a tonne higher now. It's still playable due to being used to 160ms ping, but you'll understand I'm concerned over going backwards a day *after* the Chicago move, but being fine on the day of the move itself at a 'comfortable' 111ms ping. I know we're not the demographic you're aimning to assist, but I'd prefer not to go to the dark demesne that is the EUW "Me no spik ingles" hellhole.
: Rioters have explained, previously, that splashes don't always reflect the in game models when it comes to these kind of stuff, because the splash artists find these stuff fitting with the composition (another example is Gentleman Gnar's monocle), so they will usually do this kind of stuff on purpose, rather than staying 100% true to the models.
> (another example is Gentleman Gnar's monocle) Now *that*'s going to bother me. D: But all right, shame.
: Mirror the splash art so it's facing the opposite direction. Problem solved.
That's pretty much what I'd like for them to do. I understand things getting in the way of the character art in the sales screen but flipping her just feels weird. It doesn't bother me as much as Final Boss Veigar's Q, though, which you can't fix without actually going in and EDITING the image rather than just mirroring.
Rioter Comments
: Chicago Connection Clinic Megathread [Closed]
Hello! I connect from EU, is there any use in me providing logs from the network tool as well? (In case you ask: here for my friends. Who consequently never play with me, but whatever.)
mockkkk (NA)
: 8/21/2015 8/22/2015 Lag spiking up to 500+
I turned off the SPI Firewall protection in my Router which seems to have fixed the entire issue for me at least. For the longest time I was sure it was because I was connecting from Europe.
Rioter Comments
Krizalid (EUW)
: Solid PROOF that Viktor is normal and Heimerdinger is a crazy mofo
I see the light. Let me join the glorious evolution.
: I never gank when the enemy is pushed to their own turret (Basic League 101 xD), i know that much (unless they are low health i tend to go around behind them and tower dive so my team could finish them off..i have helped people get a lot of sweet kills that way, and its fun xP). but I just don't know what to do about these {{champion:74}}. i can never seem to successfully gank these little yordles w/o being at risk of getting blown up by their turrets early game..or late game...or any game. my teams in both games refused to help group up on him, and when we eventually did they were already too strong and would just end up deleting us with his turrets x-x *Mainly because my Darius in the 1st game fed the fk out of him sometime before 10mins..i was barely lvl 5*. But still thanks man for the tips, i really appreciate it! I'm always looking for ways to improve. Especially since Jungling is still new for me.
I main(ed) Evelynn jungle, and Heimerdinger is by far one of the more annoying targets to gank. Luckily, there's actually a way to deal. **Tip 1**: Heimerdinger's turrets actually HAVE A COOLDOWN on when he can place them, so have your midlaner destroy them and force him to redeploy one or two. He won't be able to deploy any new ones when you gank. **Tip 2**: Heimerdinger's turrets can be Smitten for maximum damage. Just tap them with smite if you don't need it on the dongman himself. (If you're doing it right, you won't need to Smite donger, so go nuts on his turret(s).) **Tip 3**: A gank doesn't need a kill to be successful. Forcing Heimer to back, wasting his summoner spells or just removing all his turrets and giving your midlaner the advantage is already sufficient. **Tip 4**: Heimer without his ult or turrets isn't incredibly threatening. Gank him early and gank him hard so your midlaner has a solid advantage. Heimer'll be hard-pressed to play the turtle game if he's behind. This is easy as Evelynn because you just have level 2 ganks. If EVERYTHING fails, request a ban on the Dongman and just pray to RNGesus you won't be facing Dongers too much. Asking for advice on how to deal with champion X is often a good way to get ahead, though you need to be specific in where your troubles are. Dongers turrets are only scary if you don't pay much attention. Ever seen the blue little cogwheels floating around him? That's his "turret" ammo. If he doesn't have any blue cogwheels, he can't place new turrets (except Ult Turret). Godspeed.
: I have been unfortunate enough to have run into at least 2 of these classes in my games, i wanted to try playing {{champion:113}} more consistently because shes my fav champ. But words cannot describe how USELESS i feel in every game as a jungler and more times than ever i have also been running into a ton of {{champion:74}}. I cringe and die a little on the inside when i see one of these guys in champ loading screen. I have tried almost EVERYTHING i can to try and be useful jungler/tank but its impossible when i'm faced with these 3-shot-kill adc's or new meta top laners, build mag resist to counter the apc's? welp the adc will just delete you that much faster. and vice versa. In two of my recent games we had a heim who literally 1-man army his lane all the way to our nexus because they got fed in under 10mins and no one not even our Darius could do anything to stop him(wtf Sej can't do much before lvl 6 w/o her ult) , **no joke my team literly LET him push to our nexus and ignored him because that's how annoying he was **and i tend to fall waaayy behind trying to gank needy impossible to gank lanes, BOTH heim's were absurdly toxic about it too... Had a {{champion:429}} and {{champion:106}} carry so hard i was left salty because my team refused to /ff (and fking WARD) 35mins worth of torture. Everyone is constantly looking for tank junglers but my Sej is soo bad at tanking i would often consider going full dmg. Yet every {{champion:102}} {{champion:60}} {{champion:72}}{{champion:89}}(<-- it took 3 of us to kill this one...slowly, then the enemy team started tossing salt at us for taking "years" to kill her with just 3 of us) ive faced seem to be able to tank to the moon. I really don't wan't to give up on {{champion:113}} though Q_Q. And every single one of these guys were very toxic because they felt "OP" deleting my teams. And not excluding that i have had these very same issues happen when i'm on the "winning" team(when we are deleting our enemies thanks to our "adc's". I actually had 1 MF on my team who carry'd my team to victory because she became soo strong (she even got a penta). This SAME MF was on my enemy team in a game before this one.....she was equally strong..and we lost to her team in the same manner..so idk what some of you guys are talking about saying MF is a troll pick.. (Not begging for nerfs or anything i'm just venting Q~Q)
> i tend to fall waaayy behind trying to gank needy impossible to gank lanes There's your problem. **Don't gank impossible to gank lanes**. As the jungler, it is your prerogative to decide when to gank and where. Your team mates can request a gank, but they damn well be setting up the lane for a gank then. Here's a hint: IF THEY HAVE PUSHED TO TOWER, IT IS NOT TIME TO GANK. No reason to gank the enemy on their terms when you're already behind.
ZergReap (NA)
: Whether everyone performs to their best in ranked is always a toss up lol. This is why the oh so many people who blame their teams are not justified. You are matched with NINE other players not four team mates and five enemies. Therefore, both teams should have an equal amount of "toxic feeders" every game. 50% win rate is going to be pretty slow or even no progress at all, it depends on your hidden MMR. If your MMR is high you might gain 25 points and only lose 18. When it's low it could take a ton more games to actually get anywhere. For example, you gain 15 and lose 15, possibly losing more, it can take a many more games with the same win percentage to actually rise in divisions (this is what people mean by elo hell IMO). ~55% is climbing pretty decently. Take everything and run, you got plenty of time for at least gold 5. Don't worry about being carried because being carry-able is a skill in itself. Keep it up you already have the right mindset to only get better.
> Take everything and run, you got plenty of time for at least gold 5. Gold V is my goal right now! NA.OP.GG lists my MMR as being 100 below average, though. I still get paired with people in the same division, but the MMR rating continuously has me scratching my head. What is the best way to get that in line with the rest of your division? So far, though, I've been able to climb steadily with a 52% Ranked Winrate. It was a lot higher when I was in Bronze I, but those dark days have been left behind me. Hopefully for good.
ZergReap (NA)
: Stop assuming you are bad if you are low rank
I managed to reach Silver I, and I started the game in February. Trying real hard to get to Gold. The attitude that's working for me to is to always assume your team mates are at the rank they are because they deserve to be there. Are they getting beaten? It's not that your team is horrible or bad, it's just that the enemy team is *better*, and that happens. Sometimes, I'll be up against players who are simply better, or our team work just isn't as good, or the champions we picked weren't the right ones. And that happens. It's OK when that happens. I only need a 50% winrate to keep climbing, going to 60% for promos. As far as "you're not bad because you're Silver", I always think it's a good idea to look at what players in higher divisions do or ask players who've reached higher divisions for advice. Maybe I'm just as good as they are (and when I play Normals, my MMR games are around ~1450 lately, versus ~1250 Ranked), but they managed to reach their divisions for a reason. There's stuff they've done that helped them climb, and it's a good idea to listen to them. Getting to Silver I was disgusting though, I got carried on my last promotion game. Like, carried hard, I played like garbage. I'm still beating myself up over that. It's OK to recognise when your play is garbage, so long as you're willing to improve and remember that rank is a reflection of your current standing, not your current skill.
Meddler (NA)
: Initial Juggernaut Thoughts
Playing against Mordekaiser + Blitzcrank bot has got to be one of the least fun experiences in the game. Mordekaiser speeds up Blitz, who shits on just about any immobile ADC/support with his hook. :( Much salt, many sadfaces. Mordekaiser may be balanced, but he's not fun to play against, especially because of the pressure of constantly needing to kill dragon because Mordekaiser might otherwise obtain a pet dragon. I mean I also hate Blitzcrank because of the continuous pressure his laning has, Mordekaiser is just able to make use of Blitzcrank's speedup (making himself faster when approaching Blitz) and hook *so* incredibly well to kill anything that doesn't have enough dashes to escape, it feels incredibly oppressive to lane against. QQ, salt, etcetera.
Meddler (NA)
: Initial Juggernaut Thoughts
As Garen, by level 15 or so I had bought Titanic Hydra, Black Cleaver, Boots of Speed (with Distortion), and the tooltip said that my Judgment would hit for **1100** damage over 3 seconds... with a 33% increase against single targets. That's ridiculously strong considering I didn't have any other damage items (or any other items period). I -was- running full 21/9 masteries with AD-based runes, though. Off-hand, a nice QoL change for Garen would be a marker to signify when he can Ult anyone to death instead of just his Villain mark. Additionally, by dying once in lane Garen immediately gets Villain against his lane opponent so long as no one else on the enemy team scores a kill. Could potentially be a bit unfair where you win duel and then Garen gets true damage against you. Spin2win mantra is ridiculous. EDIT: Overall, I like the new Garen. Do feel he might be a bit strong, but would need to play a few more games to really decide if it's *too* strong. (Both as and against.) I think he does feel a much better role as a tank now, though, where he can enter the enemy team and be an actual threat. Black Cleaver and Q kind of make him sticky enough for immobile champions, but jumping Viktor for example is still futile if you don't play your cards right. EDIT2: Garen DOES make minion waves disappear instantly with his spin, however. I think that might be a bit too strong, because no other Juggernaut has his clear speed.
Show more

Ramuhdo

Level 30 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion