: Everyone here is calling Swain 'Malfoy'
You're definitely cooler than the Malfoy people.
: Riot listened! They gave Swain a new haircut!
I like the long hair Swain. Millenials are ruining everything
: Why Varus's new lore was doomed to fail.
: What Varus' new lore tells us about the Darkin.
One of the things I picked up on is that the Void is actualy a planet that was destroyed that the Targonians were at war with a long time ago. That the Dark Kin as he called them are the last remnants and they might actually be morally righteous, considering his comments on human evil. The reason the Void is a weird battlezone is because they threw everything they had at trying to defend their homeworld, and something the Targonians did bound it to Runeterra in some way, but they didn't manage to kill all of the Dark Kin. The Targonians are an unscrupulous star dragon-enslaving abomination who possess random little girls and gullible tribals alike. Makes me think their didn't acquire their empire honestly. If that's true then what a lot of people suspected - that the Targonians are actually evil incarnate, might be true...that they genocided an entire planet. Think about that. {{sticker:sg-soraka}} I look forward to what comes next anyways and that's always a good thing.
: when the entire front board page is filled with hate for varus' new lore...
Nah. They just stirred up the homophobes is all. Tons of people playing Varus today in every game I've played today makes me think the community is just too busy loving him to bother reading the boards. I like him a lot more now - Varus himself, not the gay couple in his head necessarily, they seemed fairly pedestrian by themselves, which was probably intentional.
: Yea, no. To hell with this. How about we retcon {{champion:44}} as a straight man. Oh wait that's right, that'd be a terrible idea.
> [{quoted}](name=Trading Aces,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=e0ppwfdj,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-11-30T20:27:15.163+0000) > > Yea, no. To hell with this. > How about we retcon {{champion:44}} as a straight man. > Oh wait that's right, that'd be a terrible idea. Taric has never been officially gay and I don't think he is. Maybe he is a parody of a gay man in the eyes of homophobes, but he's actually closer to Jhin without all of the sociopathy. It's sort of a soft homophobia to assume all great looking guys with product hair are gay.
Wuks (NA)
: Varus: As We Fall | League of Legends Music Video
I loved it, the video sandwiched between the comics was a nice surprise. Love watching all of these homophobes have a meltdown. Anyways Varus himself isn't even human, let alone gay. The story is more complex than they seem to be able to wrap their one braincell around.
: Is this bannable?
Yes, but you need to fill out a manual report.
Jo0o (NA)
: Oh you're so fucking full of shit.
Chimecho (NA)
: Wow i just got DJ Sona from my hextech chest!
I got this one too, I just don't feel attracted to Sona so I disenchanted it for the Dragon Trainer Tristana, a skin I'm mildly interested in. Why can't I ever get Emerald Taric?
: It takes a really high IQ to understand riots noob ad campaign.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=GnU8ZYjZ,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2017-11-20T04:47:54.993+0000) > > It takes a really high IQ to understand riots noob ad campaign. I have a high IQ and I am a noob, and I liked the ads. I think they are just trying to prepare us for the barrage of horror that is the worst community in a game I have ever seen in 2 decades of gaming.
: So why do so many people hate Zoe?
She treats one of the most majestic and cool characters in the game with disrespect that inspires murderous spite from anyone with half a brain cell. Targon seems to like adopting mentally weak people they can take advantage of as she was written as an 11 year old with the developmental abilities of a 3 year old. Possibly mentally retarded. I mean that in the clinical sense not as a mere insult. So Targon is being painted as a major villain, and that's nothing new, everyone knows the body snatchers are gross and caused a lot of the problems on Runeterra. Her hatred of Lux, a paragon of virtue and magickal prowess is probably a clue. Demacia is the bastion of good in the world, after all and if Zoe hates it and her controller has fostered that hatred it means she is the personification of evil. Doesn't she seem evil? I think so. She doesn't care for life except as a psychopath cares for it. The Targonian bargain is not all it's cracked up to be. Taric doesn't seem happy about it either in his interactions. He's kind of an airhead too - seems to me that's one of the requirements to be an aspect - have a little room in your head. No, Taric...stars are not eternal. They collide and eat each other all the damned time if they are not dying out. Aurelion Sol knows what he is talking about.
: What I like about Aurelion Sol
Uh, not sure why you think it's wrong to hate Targon and want to see it destroyed. It's clearly painted as the villain, Taric even complains about it and Aurelion Sol makes it very clear that the Targon is evil incarnate.
: Couldn't have said it better myself. This whole story seems like it is supposed to be secretly foreshadowing some big event in Runeterra and the world stones and not actually flesh out Zoe. What Zoe's entire character right now is: Zoe was a "imaginative child, but willful, lazy, easily distracted, and mischievous." Then Zoe was chosen by an aspect and went to different realities to play, while she did this she was inadvertently heralding unknown change at each location. She is now back a year later and is a teenager, she has been separated from humanity for so long she no longer understands them or empathizes with them. Zoe does know she is an aspect though and interacts with A Sol, Pantheon, and someone at Targon who gives her "duties". Zoe is at Runeterra to tell about an upcoming change and she knows this but she doesn't know what the upcoming change actually is. Zoe wants to tell people about the location of the World Runes for some reason, but she is more interested in playing games. That is pretty much what we know of Zoe.. A few things really irritate me with her. Zoe has no idea how to socialize at all. She is at around a kindergarten level of understanding social interactions like you said and it doesn't make sense why she is like this. If she has aged a year and is now a teenager then she was _**12**_ when she was chosen by an aspect! At 12 years old most people have a very strong idea of how to socialize. Something like chasing each other around is something kids of like 5 or 6 do. You can argue that because she was gone for thousands of years she has forgot how to socialize but this raises some serious questions. The quotes saying what she actually did in those realities go as follows: > "Zoe journeyed to dimensions at the very edge of Targon’s control, playing within realties(another typo) beyond human comprehension." > "cosmic messenger of Targon, heralding major events that reshape worlds. " > "This perhaps explains the breezy nonchalance with which Zoe approaches her duties, giving her plenty of time to focus on playing games, tricking mortals, or otherwise amusing herself." > "An encounter with Zoe can be joyous and life affirming, but it is always more than it appears and often extremely dangerous." So what Zoe has been doing that has isolated her from humans so much so that she doesn't understand or empathize with others is giving out messages of great change to mortals in realities humans couldn't understand by someone/thing at Targon. While she is out doing this though she prioritizes meeting with other mortals and interacting with them, whether that be playing tricks on them, going on crazy life affirming adventures, or playing games. All of which have a lot of socialization involved. How has going on thousands of years of adventures not given her more insight into people? Are we supposed to believe that the realities she was going to were something that goes beyond 4th dimensional planes and in those planes we have normal mortals who are going on dangerous journeys with Zoe? Because these 5th dimensional beings communicate so differently Zoe has now forgot normal socialization standards and has lost empathy for humans? She doesn't seem human anymore, it makes me feel like the writer doesn't even know what an aspect is. > "They are not immortal, limited by the human flesh they inhabit, and can be killed, though it takes great effort to do so." That is a quote from Pantheons short story describing aspects. > "She swallowed nervously. It had, after all, been a very long time since Zoe was a mortal or had even visited this realm." Here they state Zoe is immortal for being an aspect.. that is just plain wrong. Unless Zoe is some kind of special aspect we don't know about. Because of her immortality she has also lost empathy for humans. We are supposed to believe she doesn't understand humans sense of danger or feel bad for killing them. At first the children are scared when they see her and she doesn't understand that, she thinks that it is part of the game and not directly involved with their reaction to her. She then summons a star makes it fly around the town and then completely decimates the area, killing the guards and the kids around her. She then thinks that the kids probably ran away as she stands in the giant smoke clouds around her, not realizing what "annihilating the area into a fine dust" really meant for people in the area.. She then leaves without telling anyone the message she has and even laughs at the idea of maybe those dead kids finding the World Rune... At this point it seems like Viktor cares more about human life than Zoe. We can at least pull something interesting of her bio and story though. We got another hint that the Void attack(or at least some sort of world changing event) is actually going to happen. There have been a few things hinting at some kind of large scale event happening to Runeterra and I'm really hoping some kind of plot progression will finally happen. A bunch of senseless bait with no actual conclusion would be really annoying. However sense Zoe is getting the World Runes involved I feel like this could be legit. Fingers crossed!
I thought the same thing when I read the story. There was something wrong with her, like, mental retardation or autism probably. The Targon multi-faced character comes across as a total creep. Definately got -mod edit- vibes. And trust me, not all English Degrees are that good with words. Anyways, I think the most telling thing about the character was how she thinks A. Sol is a liar and arrogant and world weary. He's a very large fish trapped in a very small prison. Targon is torturing A. Sol for its own petty Empire which spans the stars from Runeterra to who knows where else. Taric also complains about it. He sighs, "No rest for the chosen of Targon" and "I may be merciful but Targon isn't" implying not all is well between Targon and Taric's Demacian honor and his wish to indulge in my leisurely pursuits.
ini (NA)
: Perma banned due to "bait banners"
Don't use that word. Ever. Duh. And no, I don't care about your problems with authority or being able to "DO WUT I WANT." Say it to your kids, in your own home, in public - wherever. Thankfully Riot and LoL is a private venue where rules of polite society CAN be enforced.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=CreampEye,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=pmiaQWnT,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2017-11-19T22:25:25.897+0000) > > Join us. We can teach you how to get them banned and keep yourself safe. > > https://discord.gg/ggBw4F9 > > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/O2BPoejO-a-fed-up-trolls-manifesto?show=flat > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIB_iofgc0Q&feature=youtu.be > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376043317265301506/380871974408421377/image.png > > https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376043317265301506/380872185314803722/image.png Thanks anyone else who has this problem definitely check these guys out. I had the best game ever in league on their voice comms and they showed me how to win with my main and how to make a bad situation fun, and told me which offenses are instantly bannable so I know which reports do write by hand and which to just handle at the end of the match in the quick report.
: Thanks Riot for not killing this (Zoe Lore related)
I'm just hoping the solution to Aurelion Sol's problems lie in eating princess Zoe, skewered and roasted on the flaming funeral pyre of Teemo.
Kei143 (NA)
: you .. realize that false reports don't do anything right? you also realize that mass reports within a game mean the same as 1 report? also, you can mute ping ..
I hardly think reporting someone for calling people racial epithets is a false report. Troll.
zark1989 (NA)
: I've noticed the playing ranked drastically reduces the number or trolls. There will still be some, but for the most part people in ranked are more chill.
It got worse when I played ranked.
: Is it just me or is this pre-season way more toxic than the game has been in ages?
People who can't afford therapists. People who are too crazy to realize they need a therapist. Some peoples' kids.
: Is "easy" new GG?
Agreed I think it should be reportable. It's sarcastic and hateful.
: Time to reform
I can tell your life is a depressing mess. Get a therapist, and meds.
: Update; A rioter replied to my support ticket. It seems like they didn't even bother to read the 10+ paragraphs I replied, and the reply they wrote basically surmounts to "Nope, you're toxic, stick with the ban." 7 years, and no priors, and I have one bad game, and it isn't taken into consideration. Yeah, I messed up, but now I'm just depressed.
Typical abuser, talks about HOW BAD IT FEELS MAN but doesn't consider the affect it has on others. Thank you Riot.
NidaleeeGG (EUNE)
: Leave buster
I was having BSOD problems with my video card driver the other day and left games 5 times - I did due diligence and was running practice mode and other tests to test if the fixes were working but the problem did not happen until in a live game for some reason, so I thought I had fixed the problems - nope, and I caused at least two dozen people to have a bad day. Got 20 minute leaver buster. It went away after 5 games with no problems. I got a 15 minute ban for the first 2 leaves, then after the 5th, 20 minutes.
: 14 day ban for this? I dont get it riot.
You deserved this ban. For many reasons. Swearing, negative attitude, telling to report someone....abusers are always oblivious. I wouldn't have reported this myself but you clearly deserved it.
: Any one know how to be less toxic??
/mute all and don't talk. Also read some self help books and get a therapist. And meds.
: Riot finds it offensive when I talk about what the enemy Pan is going to do
The censored words in this game baffle me as well. It looks like I'm swearing like a sailor when I talk normally about how I don't like Teemo. I understand Riot has a huge problem with their community but some of them don't make a lot of sense and it doesn't seem to be helping the problem either.
Fegone (NA)
: Aaaaaahahahahaha I am so glad you're permabanned. You're the type of kiddo I mute instantly because I know nothing productive is going to come from your side. Enjoy the ban. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
> [{quoted}](name=Fegone,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Jd1X3aBP,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2017-11-18T16:36:27.028+0000) > > Aaaaaahahahahaha > I am so glad you're permabanned. You're the type of kiddo I mute instantly because I know nothing productive is going to come from your side. > Enjoy the ban. > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}} Exactly, except I refuse to play a game where shutting down essential comms is the only way to maintain my good mood. This game is terrible because of the community only and that's why I quit. You hardly ever see this stuff with any frequency in Eve, WoW or even ARK.
: Ban appeal
Name checks out. You deserved to be perma-banned. This is not acceptable behavior. Anywhere.
: Is this a offense I can report?
It's usually a mistake. If you are worried make sure you say "Don't Ban X" in chat so they see it. I made this mistake many times and I learned to pay more attention at the opening screen. So why would it be bannable?
Rioter Comments
: Garen X Katarina: Is it possible???
This was great, I loved it. Hope you make more videos. These are basically just awesome psychology lessons packaged in a form we can all enjoy as gamers.

Ravana729

Level 41 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion