Vlada Cut (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Razelth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cjHebjgb,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-08-19T08:07:28.640+0000) > > Nutty champ has almost 79% wr in challenger. Prove it.
> [{quoted}](name=Vlada Cut,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=cjHebjgb,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-08-19T16:05:02.956+0000) > > Prove it. https://m.u.gg/lol/champions/masteryi/build?rank=challenger Lmfao 83% lets go. Opop champ. Such sample size. Much wow "Prove it." Lmfao
: Daily reminder that yi has above a 50% w/r in all regions in all elos
: It's not only in norms. Got a Plat 4, Bunch of Gold 4-1 players in my ranked games. Not sure why. Once in a while I get an Iron 4???
Plat 4 is probably duoing with a Gold player. Iron 4 most likely just has high MMR, which Riot really needs to show to people.
: Matchmaking is terrible
You're playing norms lol. I played against a team of 4 challengers in ARAM, but you don't see me making a post complaining about it. The matchmaking is far more lenient when it comes to non-ranked modes.
Pxerkza (EUNE)
: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9891xYXcAIJgoo.jpg https://pbs.twimg.com/media/De3qNwyWAAAompM.jpg https://i.imgur.com/PWpM80J.jpg https://external-preview.redd.it/Wx_mz6aQzsOp84HXswOOWC8ySTErdwM__r_AhQr5A6Y.png?width=1023&height=535.602094241&auto=webp&s=c17e2b2a8b4bc2bf4dbf476376ef65754a9b6244 https://wrestlingblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Climbing-Ranked-With-quotSmurfquot-Champions.jpg https://preview.redd.it/m1iprrowipa31.png?auto=webp&s=08a4017cecd1427c67f538c11a524590c009bab7 https://i.imgur.com/KliBUOS.jpg so when are you going to accept that you are actually bad at the game and you don't deserve to be promoted to a higher elo?
Nah man its matchmaking. Matchmaking always puts the bad players on my team bc im too clean at the game. I wouldn't be hardstuck gold if matchmaking wasn't so rigged against me.
: {{item:1033}} + {{item:2003}} for an aggressive laner or {{item:2033}} for someone like Darius or etc because their INTENDED WEAKNESS is range... You have to adapt based upon your opponent, and quite a few top laners do not even care if their opponent is ranged. Jax for instance can engage a ranged opponent as early as level 2 unless they burn flash or are {{champion:67}} {{champion:133}} {{champion:8}} {{champion:117}} if they are champions such as those, you call for ganks because they are built to deal with ONE TARGET look at the team comps when the game starts(you're given at least a minute during the loading phase). If it's suspiciously lacking a typical top-laner, consider building in advance or wait until the lane phase to see who your opponent is. It may cost a teleport, but losing a summoner spell is better than fighting a matchup you know you can't get around with a disadvantage
You're really telling me to start magic mantle and potion? Can you post on your main? You're posting on some random account. I'm just curious what rank you have to be to tell someone to start magic mantle and potion unironically. Why are you even going off on this tangent? I really don't remember complaining about ranged laners lol.
: Darius blows against competent opponents. Your own fault if you get hit by his slow telegraphed Q. He has zero mobility and low range, and zero defensive tools. He has to actually land his skill shot to heal (unlike say, adcs who can't miss when lifestealing, or champs like aatrox with so much sustain against champs AND minions in ALL of his damage sources). In a fight between equal players, champs like jax and aatrox will destroy darius. Can't say how many times I've actually managed to land all my abilities against an aatrox when even or better in items, why juking half his kit, and I still don't even manage to bring him below 50% hp before he wipes me. Also your claim about darius pressing and his hp being full is complete and utter horseshit you moron. He heals based on % MISSSING HP. Meaning he can NEVER heal up 100% on Q alone, because the heal is only decent when hitting one target, pretty good when hitting 2 or 3, but capped at three. Meaning he will NEVER heal even CLOSE to his full hp bar even with spirit visage. If he already has 90% hp, then the most he will heal is around 4.5-5.% hp IF HE MANAGES TO LAND Q on three morons at once. Considering how slow, telegraphed, and short ranged he is, against so much mobility, range, insane damage, and cc, and his own inability to dodge cc, he will rarely get a three man Q in a game unless outrageously ahead or in an extremely favorable comp matchup. He will normally land a three man Q like 1-3 times in a game. And then still proceed to blow up instantly afterword. Plus the irony of you bullshit is not lost on me. Sylas himself has insane heal, a shield, solid mobility, longer ranged abilities than darius or renekton, the ability to steal ultimates, pretty dang high damage, and solid cc. So quit you're moaning about darius. You literally play a champ just as strong, if not stronger than darius overall. Darius doesn't even break 50% winrate. Fricken whiners.
https://u.gg/lol/champions/darius/build 52% wr. 9.4% pr lul Sylas doesn't even break 50% winrate. https://u.gg/lol/champions/sylas/build?role=top
: i really do love my teammates telling me i suck when im forced to play a role im not good at.
I feel you. I usually just dodge whenever I'm playing ranked and I get autofilled. Its usually into support, and I really don't feel like making the lane a living hell for two people. They honestly should just remove autofill from ranked. It'll probably be worth the increased queue times for most players.
: There's actually AFKers almost every game now
Really? I've probably had 2 afks this month, and I play a shit ton of games.
: perhaps I should have put a line after the first group of marksman as that was meant to indicate the ones who use crowd control. The examples of blitzcrank, jayce, etc, were to show that mages are not the only champions with long-range power budgets and deadly conditions just about every champion class EXCEPT traditional supports (and even they can build for it) can do large amounts of damage and can even bolster their effectiveness with crowd control typically what defines a mage: some utility or crowd control, ranged abilities, consistent usage of abilities throughout the game, very weak defensively (if not a battle-mage, as they give up some of their strengths for defense) #I was trying to cover all of the bases because you never mentioned how or why you had a problem with it, just that they could do it. The marksmen/support thing are for covering their bottom lane as for bolding an entire paragraph, mages tend to be the most balanced class in the game and I was trying to attract your attention to those points BECAUSE there is plenty that can be done in matchups against mages and in the team-fight phase. As for top lane, you can quite literally build magic resist as your starting item if your opponent is a mage, or you can put some money into magic resist after you get {{item:3077}} or {{item:3057}} If you are an immobile top laner in such a situation, sustain is the name of the game: potions, health regen, items to make it where your opponent is unable to do as they please, otherwise, you are playing right into their hands and letting them make you useless anyway by the time you are roaming, you will likely have enough gold to buy MR anyway If you are a juggernaut not named mundo, poke damage and range tends to be the natural counter to juggernauts, especially if they do not build MR because they are Immobile and typically weak during the team-fight phase
Did you just tell me I can build magic resist as my starting item as a top laner? All right. Peace. Your lack of game knowledge is really showing.
: > [{quoted}](name=ImTheJuggernauty,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ovAOcue1,comment-id=0001000000010001,timestamp=2019-08-14T16:59:54.712+0000) > > Even if he maxed it first, jax would still have to level up E and W before putting more points into Q jump in order to have a decent rotation, so he would definitely benefit heavily from the full 2 second cooldown buff he's receiving in the early game, when there isn't even any CDR built into anyone's kit yet. > > To put it into perpective, this is a 20% CDR buff early game. That's huge on a champ whos supposed weakness is being weak early game (ha yeah right. His early game is no longer weak). Dude stop talking you either never played jax before in top lane or you must be pretty low elo where people play like sheep. In higher elo Jax is not even considered a tier 1 pick anymore and thats for a good reason. I know what i am talking abot. Jax used to be a hard counter for trnydamere now tryndamere destroys him. all said former jax main, have a good day
You're plat 4. You don't know much. Jax doesn't hardcounter tryndamere lol. Its a skill matchup where Trynd has the early advantage.
: {{champion:22}} (global) {{champion:51}} traps {{champion:222}} root {{champion:429}} ~~stun~~ edit: knockup {{champion:110}} ~~stun~~ edit: root {{champion:67}} displacement/conditional stun as just examples of marksmen that use crowd control as part of their playstyle {{champion:53}} typical instant death relocation {{champion:126}} high damage combos with large poke damage {{champion:104}} I don't think anyone wants this one in their face, let alone his Q damage {{champion:150}} long range poke damage and decent burst damage with mobility and crowd control crowd control typically gets no lower than 4 seconds(after cooldown reduction) unless it's short ranged ----------------------- ------------------------- here's an example, {{champion:101}} , long range, but the cooldown is between 13 and 6 seconds depending upon how much the xerath has invested and cooldown reduction {{champion:34}} one of the slowest skillshots in the game, as in, most people will meme you if you get hit by this anywhere OTHER than close to mid range {{champion:161}} pretty much has to hit you dead center because it has a delay of 0.55 seconds, it's also his shortest ranged ability, at 800, which is fairly close to marksman range. it's probably one of the better CC in the game with that delay time, but depending upon what type of target you are and if you have an average reaction time, you can typically bait it out or just react to it 16 to 6.6 seconds {{champion:99}} her most telegraphed ability...unless she intends to poke you, there is really not a time she is NOT going to use it and if they're grouped together to protect her, your own back line should be jumping at the opportunity to blast them , 13 to 5.5 seconds #where is your front line who should be engaging? Where is your own back line making picks for you? Is your support or marksman not covering for you in bottom lane? Do you not build magic resist in top lane? Were you counter-picked/countered ?
Those ADCs don't get to just instantly kill me because I got hit by their CC is what I'm saying lol. I'm confused why you're showing Blitzcrank, Jayce, Graves and Gnar but alright. I don't think Blitz will ever be an ADC. See here's where my annoyance stems from. If Lux ever hits me with her 1175 range telegraphed ability I'm just dead if I haven't stacked health or MR. I can't punish her because she puts down a slowing field while walking away. Sure, I get that its my mistake. Sometimes though, you just lose track. I'm probably the frontline and I don't think I can engage that far unless I'm playing Malphite. My backline is probably also throwing some CC ability every 5 secs that will let us get a free kill while being extremely safe lol. I'm confused what you mean by my support and marksman covering for me but alright. My ADC doesn't have 1k range. Funnily enough, most toplaners have to buy a Black cleaver or Triforce as their first item with maybe a tiamat. We can only get merc treads until our core items to be relevant. Next time let's not bold off an entire paragraph. It honestly sounds pretentious and condescending IMHO.
cUEthel (EUW)
: climbing isn't the issue, if I wanted to climb I would; it just turns you into a loser. Only a mental slave would accept the abuse and the submission needed to have a positive winrate. And that's what riot want : submissive customers who think they deserve to be dominated. No thanks.
Are you trolling? Good bait.
: Unpopular opinion: Bans didn't make ARAM less random than rerolls do
ARAM won't be random until they remove rerolls and unlock all the champs. That would make it far more frustrating though.
AIQ (NA)
: So a gate keeper by my definition is someone that does not allow you OR someone else to complete any promo. Not Just Plat ti Diamond. Of course I cannot name anyone still, but I can give you the 2 cases of gatekeepers. One I'm 100% sure was punished the other I 'm not. This is from the sheet, but I removed the names with champions. I added things in () > Vlad was in the top lane and was 4/0 all lanes except mid (yasuo) were winning. After vlad choose to attempted a 3v1 and went 1 for 1 he got upset at Yasuo due to Yasuo pinging a ? and told him he did not deserve diamond, and that he'd see to it that he would not win the do or die promo Yasuo announced to our team. Vlad intentionally fed for the remainder of the game. We only made it to the inhibitor with the remainder of lead we had. > Nasus was in top lane and Shyvana (which is me) was 9/0 along with a fed Varus 6/1. The support (Thresh) was extremely toxic and annoying Nasus who was dying only due to ganks and tower dives not inting. After a while Nasus made it know that it was Thresh D3 promos and said "ur upset i'm going to lose you promos now i feed for real". Nasus refused to cooperate after this point and died questionable deaths for the remainder of the time till 20 minutes when I was outvoted for an FF vote. These are examples of what I consider a gatekeeper someone that deliberately trolls only to stop someone in promos. I only had these 2 scenarios. I tried my hardest to not let rage get to me. I made sure their motives were clear I'd go as far as asking them why and trying to make sure myself. Which also helps when reporting them if they admit to it. As I climb further from D4 I notice it less also could be due to the new mute all feature that I use in rank A LOT, but I cannot deny the accuracy may be a bit off. However, I was extremely fair (I think) and it's not enough to make the data invalid.
Oh. Now that I think about it, I feel like hard feeders are more prevalent when I play in games with people in promos. I'll never understand why they do it though lol. I feel like most of the ones that do it are hardstuck with hundreds upon hundreds of games.
AIQ (NA)
: So I'm a bit torn because usually I want to rip these smurfs that post this crap a new one, but you seem a bit more genuine I don't know why. So I'll pull off a bit. Going to assume this post exist due to your current loss streak, but that's not important. I'll touch on a few things. > beside all problems with matchmaking and stuff. Matchmaking might not be perfect, but it's certainly not going to get better with you ruining the ladder. Stop smurfing everyone should, it's not fair to lower elo players. They should not lose a promo game, because you are upset about your loss streak. Some people are proud of gold, you denying them that with 5 other smurfs is not fair to him. >The big issue that u face when u get to high elo is boosted players. I'm sure you've never done an actual stat check of this yourself. I have kept a document of AFKs/Trolls and Intentional feeders for the first 70 games of this season. Numbers were pretty insane with about 62% of my games impacted by these. 13% of that was AFKs, inters where 30% (29.96), and people like gate keepers took up the rest. As far as players jsut playing like there were boosted only ~17% of my games (12) were impacted by someone of considerable lower skill from their laner. However, that could have been simply Autofills doing or a bad game and had nothing to do with being boosted. The problem is not nearly enough to be considered a good reason to smurf. ######To add a small amount of credibility to this excel sheet. I sent it to Riot and was happily greeted with 3 Instant feedback reports. So it was somewhat legit. > and also u see Transfer players. I don't know if this is a thing, but I can give you the benefit of the doubt I I've never really heard of it. From Riot >You'll need to play all-new placement games on your new server. The seeding will be based on your current MMR relative to the MMR of everyone on that server, so you could end up in a different Tier or Division compared to the League you were in on your original server. Since it's impossible to place higher than P1 you'd probably never run into a transfer Challenger that was not legit. > and u cant do anything about any single of these problems. u just get to the point where u cant enjoy the game anymore. You can take a break, season 9 is super frustrating for all. NA is in a much worse boat that other region KR re-stabilized since it's more competitive, but NA is in shambles due to the ranked changes. So consider that. There are still masters with less than 40% winrates. > the only way for you to actually enjoy the game again is play on smurf and make the game enjoyable for urself in cost of ruining it for 5 more people in low elo. Norms/flex exist if it's too tilting for you. There is never a NEED to go ruin low elo. Grab 4 friends and run a glacial comp since you like Tryn so much. Start the game by saying TEAM GLACIAL and laugh. There are more ways to get joy otu of the game then stroking you elo sayin "look at me smash bronze elo as a Diamond." Your rank proves you can do that you don't need to show it. > i just made a smurf account and im leveling it up to destroy low elo so i can enjoy the game because its impossible to enjoy the game on my main account.which is sad and its somthing i never taught will ever do but i kinda have to. This is stupid and atrocious logic. Just stop you don't need it. > i hope one day RIOT finds out that the first step and first priority of balancing is matchmaking not the champions... Riot needs to fix it but you are only making it worse > > i know its so selfish to ruin the game for 5 people just to enjoy ur self but league is kinda my life and its my only option and im not proud of it and im sorry for writing all these things. Then stop doing it and go to norms or flex stop ruining other peoples games to stroke your own ego. Diamond sucks I know been stuck there a long time. I'm very slowly improving, but if it was impossible challengers wouldn't be able to get there.
> I have kept a document of AFKs/Trolls and Intentional feeders for the first 70 games of this season. Numbers were pretty insane with about 62% of my games impacted by these. 13% of that was AFKs, inters where 30% (29.96), and people like gate keepers took up the rest. As far as players jsut playing like there were boosted only ~17% of my games (12) were impacted by someone of considerable lower skill from their laner. However, that could have been simply Autofills doing or a bad game and had nothing to do with being boosted. Just curious on what basis you decided that people were inters or gatekeepers. I'm in Diamond too and I honestly haven't had the same experience.
: that's kind of their job? several marksmen and other classes do the same mages pop if you get to them...assassins make most classes go pop
Yeah I can't get to them if they're 1000 range away in the middle of their team spamming a CC ability that pretty much ensures death if I'm hit. Marksmen don't CC me for 2 seconds to full rotation me, and even then they have to get far closer to me than mages. Yeah mages pop if you get to them. Then you realize you can't because they're far away in the middle of 3 other people and they can run if they don't think their CC will hit lol.
: kind of like getting in range X of an assassin and instantly dying? though watching streamers, this season looks fairly decent but people get collapsed on all at once
At least assassins are at risk of dying. Mages just spam at 1000 range away in the middle of their team.
: In a world where not everything written on the internet should be taken literally, especially when it's a clear exaggeration.
True, my fault. Next time I'll listen to your intonation better so I know you're exaggerating.
: A Zed oneshotting me if he plays it well and hits all his abilities isn't what I complain about. A Zed missing all of his abilities and taking half of my HP because he could AA me once is where the problem lies.
In what world is Zed going to take half your HP with an auto attack?
l MrD l (NA)
: Im getting bored of playing vs assasins now ...
I'm getting bored of playing vs Mages now ... I can't pretend anymore that being spammed with a long range CC that will let them instakill me if I don't dodge it is fun.
: Explain to me how Akali is a good team fighter. Every time I see an Akali get fed, she proceeds to dump the lead down the drain come team fights by getting shutdown and then going on a massive death streak unless she can catch people out for 1v1's.
She presses W in the backline and zones them for the whole duration.
: It's funny, when one thing doesn't work, you hop to the next. You are right about one thing though. I do not have any hard data that backs up the prevalence of top/jungle duos, just anecdotal evidence from my experience and talking to other players, but that wasn't the point and was a small portion of the post. But I guess in your case that is the point because you're trying so _desperately_ to be right after you got in your feelings about nothing. I won't be responding to you anymore because you're starting to get repetitive, but next time maybe read the whole thing before getting so obnoxious. {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-popcorn}}
I mean I am right. Your initial post was just you crying over the fact top laners have increased agency over the game compared to previous seasons. Then you insult my reading comprehension. Pretty sad honestly.
: Wow you really enjoy grasping at straws don't you?
You really enjoy not answering questions where its obvious that you've been proven wrong huh?
: Um I think it's pretty correct. {{champion:266}} {{champion:92}} {{champion:58}} {{champion:122}} {{champion:114}} {{champion:240}} {{champion:164}} What's hilarious is seeing you try to pick an argument when you didn't read correctly, and yet you continue to reach. Fascinating.
How is it correct? Did your experiences show you that whichever top plays one of those champions automatically win the game? What happens when when both team has one of those champs? Does the universe explode and crown both teams as the winner? > There are so many duo top laners/junglers in ranked solo queue right now because it is one of the most effective ways to climb. That can't be great for a solo top laner either. Where did you get this data? Did you forget to read this? I don't know how much more I could simplify that question for you.
: Again, you can't read properly but let me be even more clear for you. **I don't mind that they carry more often now.** I've had to turn plenty of top laners into carries when my ADC failed over the years. That's what you frequently have to do as a support when bot lane fails. You need to create a carry or support someone that is already winning if you want to have a shot late game. Now, that largely doesn't matter though because it is a pick and counter meta. The fate of the game rests entirely on champion select for top laners and early game, so there is a lot of BS top lane. If they pick something that is doing bad top lane right now, then it's a loss for that game. It's better to just dodge. That's not fun. What's especially bad this season is that the champions Riot places up top are symbolic of the mobility and damage creep. If they get ahead they can shred through tanks an delete everything else with the absurd burst damage they do. You can't effectively build against them either. All you can do is turtle and hope someone feeds or does something stupid (or their client crashes). This makes everyone else feel powerless. So yeah, I have a big problem with what's going on top lane, but even top laners do, so you getting upset is a little weird to see. There are so many duo top laners/junglers in ranked solo queue right now because it is one of the most effective ways to climb. That can't be great for a solo top laner either.
> The fate of the game rests entirely on champion select for top laners and early game, so there is a lot of BS top lane. >If they pick something that is doing bad top lane right now, then it's a loss for that game. It's better to just dodge. That's not fun. Incorrect. > There are so many duo top laners/junglers in ranked solo queue right now because it is one of the most effective ways to climb. That can't be great for a solo top laner either. Where did you get this data? You're spouting so much bullshit its hilarious.
: > [{quoted}](name=Razelth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9vFBR3pi,comment-id=00120000,timestamp=2019-08-11T01:04:46.075+0000) > > Lmfao you're crying that top laners finally have a chance to actually carry the game instead of having to rely on botlane to decide the outcome of the game. Amazing. The only thing worth crying about is your reading comprehension skills because that's not what I said. Go somewhere. {{sticker:sg-lulu}}
> I'm largely sick of feeling powerless in this meta due to the damage out there though. I'm just gonna say it too,** the main culprit is top lane.** > I find it funny that so many people say top lane doesn't matter. In reality it's the most important lane and often why junglers will devote the game to it. There's an incredibly strict meta up top right now that is almost an absolute pick/counter meta. You cannot stray from the meta up top, or you will lose and that will have consequences around the map.** In previous seasons I used to never care what happens top. Win or lose, as long as the top laner didn't feed and showed up to team fights, they could pick whatever and I'd still carry with my bot lane.** > Now if I see my top laner picking something off meta or subpar into something completely busted, I just dodge, and I've been winning so many more games doing this, which is sad for me to say because that's not what League should be about. **There's just way too much BS top lane.**
: Hey same here, but for slightly different reasons. I'm an enchanter main as well. I mostly play {{champion:16}} , but lately the game just feels horrible, even when I win. There's just too much damage for me to ever heal away, and I've seen my ADCs get one shot far too often in the past few months. Not by something incredibly fed either, so I'd always be shocked. Now I'm not. I can see why there's such a turn towards mage supports bot lane. The only thing that those kinds of overloaded champions respect is damage. They don't respect CC or heals and shields. If Soraka didn't have an AoE silence, I probably wouldn't play her at all. That's saved me so much this season and it's an ability type I don't see often in newer kits despite how overloaded they tend to me. I don't really have a problem with ADCs. I get bad ones and good ones. I get ones that must have just woken up for a coma and ask me why I don't build {{item:3083}} on my Soraka or start with heal. I mean I'm in high Gold, almost Plat now, and this is what I get. There's always going to be those players that love to ADCsplain everything to you as support, you just have to tune them out. In a way, it's kind of a good thing to go into lane knowing they're a dummy because you won't be caught off guard when they play horribly. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} The other issue that I have is the supports bot lane. I have to constantly ban {{champion:555}} and {{champion:350}} or the game quickly spirals out of control. Pyke is just way too slippery and gets way too much gold, while Yuumi sacrifices nothing for her oppressive poke in lane and when you beat her, she can just hop onto the superior carry and they become a nearly unstoppable duo. I can see why they have extremely high ban rates, even well into high ELO. I hope that Riot nerfs them. I know that Yuumi has upcoming nerfs, but still. I'm largely sick of feeling powerless in this meta due to the damage out there though. I'm just gonna say it too, the main culprit is top lane. I find it funny that so many people say top lane doesn't matter. In reality it's the most important lane and often why junglers will devote the game to it. There's an incredibly strict meta up top right now that is almost an absolute pick/counter meta. You cannot stray from the meta up top, or you will lose and that will have consequences around the map. In previous seasons I used to never care what happens top. Win or lose, as long as the top laner didn't feed and showed up to team fights, they could pick whatever and I'd still carry with my bot lane. Now if I see my top laner picking something off meta or subpar into something completely busted, I just dodge, and I've been winning so many more games doing this, which is sad for me to say because that's not what League should be about. There's just way too much BS top lane.
> [{quoted}](name=Baby Ghoul,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=9vFBR3pi,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2019-08-10T23:10:05.161+0000) > > Hey same here, but for slightly different reasons. > > I'm an enchanter main as well. I mostly play {{champion:16}} , but lately the game just feels horrible, even when I win. > > There's just too much damage for me to ever heal away, and I've seen my ADCs get one shot far too often in the past few months. Not by something incredibly fed either, so I'd always be shocked. Now I'm not. I can see why there's such a turn towards mage supports bot lane. The only thing that those kinds of overloaded champions respect is damage. They don't respect CC or heals and shields. If Soraka didn't have an AoE silence, I probably wouldn't play her at all. That's saved me so much this season and it's an ability type I don't see often in newer kits despite how overloaded they tend to me. > > I don't really have a problem with ADCs. I get bad ones and good ones. I get ones that must have just woken up for a coma and ask me why I don't build {{item:3083}} on my Soraka or start with heal. I mean I'm in high Gold, almost Plat now, and this is what I get. There's always going to be those players that love to ADCsplain everything to you as support, you just have to tune them out. In a way, it's kind of a good thing to go into lane knowing they're a dummy because you won't be caught off guard when they play horribly. > > {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}} > The other issue that I have is the supports bot lane. I have to constantly ban {{champion:555}} and {{champion:350}} or the game quickly spirals out of control. Pyke is just way too slippery and gets way too much gold, while Yuumi sacrifices nothing for her oppressive poke in lane and when you beat her, she can just hop onto the superior carry and they become a nearly unstoppable duo. I can see why they have extremely high ban rates, even well into high ELO. I hope that Riot nerfs them. I know that Yuumi has upcoming nerfs, but still. > > I'm largely sick of feeling powerless in this meta due to the damage out there though. I'm just gonna say it too, the main culprit is top lane. > > I find it funny that so many people say top lane doesn't matter. In reality it's the most important lane and often why junglers will devote the game to it. There's an incredibly strict meta up top right now that is almost an absolute pick/counter meta. You cannot stray from the meta up top, or you will lose and that will have consequences around the map. In previous seasons I used to never care what happens top. Win or lose, as long as the top laner didn't feed and showed up to team fights, they could pick whatever and I'd still carry with my bot lane. > > Now if I see my top laner picking something off meta or subpar into something completely busted, I just dodge, and I've been winning so many more games doing this, which is sad for me to say because that's not what League should be about. There's just way too much BS top lane. Lmfao you're crying that top laners finally have a chance to actually carry the game instead of having to rely on botlane to decide the outcome of the game. Amazing.
: > [{quoted}](name=Summoner SpeII,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BelHb6T1,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-08-09T13:49:49.855+0000) > > riot is nerfing riven next patch just be patient They arent nerfing her. They are reverting her buff
> [{quoted}](name=GodlyBane,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=BelHb6T1,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-08-09T15:51:44.418+0000) > > They arent nerfing her. They are reverting her buff If you revert a buff, will it make the champion weaker? Does that not mean its a nerf? Are you alright there?
: I HATE THE ONE SHOT META!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember seeing these kinds of posts except it said "I HATE THE TANK META!!!!"
YBaKunt (NA)
: Armor is extremely under powered. Lethalty is OP.
: every single ranked game i have lost in the passed 2 days has been because one or more of my teammates hard fed the enemy or afked in early game. please make ranked based on individual skill.
Yeah. Its really unfortunate for you that Riot decided your account will stay in the depths of Bronze. In my case, Riot decided that all my teammates shall do is feed me the win and thus I have reached D4. You should make a new account in the hopes that Riot puts the good RNG on you.
Barkley (NA)
: Yes. You two are DIAMOND. Of course silver is easy for you. I should hope so, anyway? I'm not claiming to be diamond. I'm claiming to be ONE division higher than silver. I'm claiming I belong in low-mid gold. And I am clearly good enough to get out of it, because I have. Twice. And during one of those times, I almost made plat. I don't think I belong in plat, I probably would have gotten stomped back down to gold fairly quickly. All I'm saying is I'm not silver, and silver is very, very hard to climb out of even for people who ARE platinum. All I'm saying is that if Riot's stupid system didn't reset my rank every damn season, I'd probably have been gold for 3-4 seasons now. I'd be happy with that. I would think that is a fair representation of my skill. I have diamond friends. I can't hold a fucking candle to them, not even on my best day. I don't even play with them because I just get roflstomped and drag them down. I have platinum friends. They're better than me, but I can at least keep up. I get invited to their games frequently. They don't have any problem with playing with me. I have silver friends. I am exponentially better than all of them. When I play with them I regularly perform the best on my team by a LONG shot. But we probably only win 45-55% of our games because of how many games are decided by a feeder, an inter, a troll, an afk, or what have you. (sometimes this inter, feeder, troll, afk is one of my friends) Point is, I'm better than silver players, and worse than plat players. That tells me I'm somewhere in between. But the climb through silver is slow and stressful because of how toxic it is.
Yeah no. Stop complaining that the reason why you can't climb is because silver is toxic. Every elo is toxic. > All I'm saying is I'm not silver, and silver is very, very hard to climb out of even for people who ARE platinum. I was hardstuck plat 5 my first season after starting in silver 4. I didn't fail a single promos and had like a 70% wr that dropped when I peaked P5. You don't need to be massively better than a Silver player to get out of Silver lol. You can't get out of silver because you still have to improve.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Very funny trying to look smart. Jax's main problem is that you can't fight him back. Ok, let him attack and all, but remove his ability to stop spells from dealing damage simply because they apply on hit. Evelynn's E doesn't damage him during his E simply because it applies on hit effects. Abilities that empower AA such as Susan's Q should still be dodged, but Whip Lash is not an empowered AA, so why block it? His thing blocks too much, for too long, with no cooldowns past early game.
You tried to look smart by using logic in the game. That is not allowed. The game treats Evelynn E as an empowered AA. Teemo can blind it, Shen can dodge it and Pantheon can block it.
Rylalei (EUNE)
: Then don't allow him to AA during it. If he spins his lamp in order to defend, he can't use the same lamp to attack you normally. That's the main problem with Jax, you can't fight back, especially once he gets his spear.
> If he spins his lamp in order to defend, he can't use the same lamp to attack you normally. Isn't Aurelion Sol massive? How come he looks just as tiny as the rest of the champions in game?
Barkley (NA)
: I'm not arguing that. At all. 100% agree. Riot's system thinks I belong in silver. Always. Even if I surpass it and climb rapidly once I get out of it. But it takes all goddamn season long to climb out of silver because of how goddamn horrible it is. You have people in this very thread that are platinum and diamond that are AGREEING silver is absolutely horrible, and probably the hardest to climb through, scroll up. I am not a platinum or diamond player. Never claim to be. I got close to plat ONCE in 10 years, but have never been. I am PROBABLY not platinum. But I don't think its unfair to say that there's a possibility I should PROBABLY be gold. Low gold at a minimum. If I didn't have to hack my way through the briar patch of toxicity, connectivity issues, hard-feeding, griefing, and trolling that is silver -- I might even be able to climb past gold. But I don't even get the fucking opportunity, because I've gotta go through silver every season -- which takes all season long. When I do make it past silver, the few times I have -- I climb. Easily. Its quite enjoyable and relaxing, actually. My team mates cooperate, people follow calls, people avoid roaming ganks, people ping their MIAs, people assist with jungle pressure. Its wonderful. If the system didn't reset me back to silver every season, I have no doubt I'd hang around in gold. I feel comfortable there. Feel like I'm with people of my own skill level. I'm not carrying any games, and I'm not hindering any games. I'm just... part of the team. (That's a weird word for silver players..... team.) I don't play hard carry champs. I play team oriented champs. I have a team oriented style of play. You don't get teams in Silver. You get 1 of 2 things: 1.) Absolute dog shit players who don't know an objective from their asshole 2.) Hard-carry 1v9 style players who solo carry your game and get you free LP that won't be in silver long. Because that's how you get out of silver. You 1v9 with a champ like Yasuo, master yi, tryndamere, vayne, kaisa, etc. Pub stompers. Noob wreckers. I don't play those champs, and I don't play that style. I can't. I'm not a mechanically gifted player. I couldn't 1v1 my way out of a paper bag. But I can land 5-man amumu ults, 4-man zac knockups, high-priority Sejuani ultimates all day long. I can peel the fuck out of a carry. I can get every drake, every game. I can get every baron, every game. I can out-smite just about anyone in any situation. I put more vision down in one game than most silver supports do in a week. I get 2-3 turrets out of 40-50% of my rift heralds. I can play the fucking map. I can rotate so well a silver player's head would spin. But none of that shit matters when you've got people on your team going 0-10 in lane, disconnecting, refusing to help, blah blah blah blah blah. That all stabilizes (kinda) when you hit gold. People actually know what they're doing, and my playstyle shines. I become helpful. My strategy and my decisions begin to matter. People can actually do things with the pressure/information I provide, and I climb. Rapidly. BUT OH WAIT!!! The season's over. Back to silver I go. And it'd be one thing if it was like..... Silver 1 or whatever. But nope. Silver 4. Maybe even Bronze 1, if I'm real lucky.
My friend is sitting at D3 this season after peaking Silver 5 in Season 6, and he plays supports like Morgana, Lux, Lulu and Nami.. Those champs rely on a team to win and he got to D3. We play norms often, and played a few games of ranked together this season. He's a heavily team-oriented player who can't carry a game by himself and he still got out of Silver by playing solo. > If I didn't have to hack my way through the briar patch of toxicity, connectivity issues, hard-feeding, griefing, and trolling that is silver -- I might even be able to climb past gold. See, here's the thing. There's 4 other people on your team. There is 5 on the enemy team. Realistically, the enemy team should have a higher chance of having toxic players, connectivity issues, hard-feeding, griefing and trolling. That issue won't deter your climbing. Sure, it might be unfun to win a game where someone trolls, but you can't say that this is a reason for why you can't climb past gold. > You have people in this very thread that are platinum and diamond that are AGREEING silver is absolutely horrible, and probably the hardest to climb through, scroll up. I'm Diamond. My friend is Diamond. We don't think it was hard to get out of silver. > Riot's system thinks I belong in silver. Always. Even if I surpass it and climb rapidly once I get out of it. But it takes all goddamn season long to climb out of silver because of how goddamn horrible it is. It takes all season long because you're not good enough to climb out of it yet.
Eedat (NA)
: Your account hasn't been out of silver this season. Where is the account where you instantly hit plat promos after you clear silver?
It was supposedly in postseason 7 lmao.
Barkley (NA)
: Ah yes, another OP.GG'er. Those sites don't track preseasons or postseasons, friend. But I appreciate your detective work! Funny you'd spend so much time trying to prove me wrong -- does it bother you that maybe someone might actually have a valid complaint against the ranked system? I've hit gold 2 times, once in post-season (once during an actual season), and I've been 2 wins into my plat promos 1 time in a post season (actually, the season I ended gold. Season 7?) Every time I get out of silver, I climb RAPIDLY. But it doesn't matter, because I get plopped right back down in bronze or silver at the beginning of every season and have to do it all over again. That's the truth, and here's the funny thing about truths -- They're true whether you believe them or not! But you keep doing god's work, bud.
I didn't spend much time. I just went on op.gg and searched your name up. From what I know, Riot doesn't care about preseason and postseason ranking. The ranking you end up at during the actual season is all that matters. Riot thinks you peak at Gold 5, bud. You get plopped right back down in Bronze or Silver because the game thinks that's where you deserve to be at. You've ended at Silver four out of the five seasons you've been playing. Your current skill level matches you with what the system believes to be Silver. That's the truth, and here's the funny thing about truths -- They're true whether you believe them or not!
Barkley (NA)
: Yeah I’d be inclined to agree, except that every time I get out of silver my LP skyrockets and almost hit plat in like... 10% of the time it took me to get out of silver. Takes all season to get out of silver, and then about a week to get into plat promos or high gold. But that doesn’t matter, because even if I’m at 90LP in gold 1, I’m just gonna get put back down in bronze at placements for next season and have to do it all over. (Happened a few seasons ago.) And it’s just not worth it to me anymore. I just don’t see the point in stressing myself out dealing with the absolute cancer cesspool that is silver, just to have the game reset me every season. So nowadays I just play for fun. Fuck it.
Your account ended in low Gold season 7. I don't see any high Gold seasons. Unless you're saying that you demoted all the way down to Gold 5 after reaching high Gold. It just means that the game made a mistake by putting you in high Gold, then decided to lower your rank again. You consistently end in Silver every season, with the exception of season 7. If you can't stay in Gold, you don't deserve it.
: For the love of god please remove promos
I remember in my D4 promos one of my adcs went 1/18 in 18 mins. I had another adc and support be a combined 0/16 in 25 mins. It felt great.
: > [{quoted}](name=Razelth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OB5GgARq,comment-id=000f0000000000000001,timestamp=2019-08-07T00:55:09.892+0000) > > So you're complaining you can't climb because your team can't carry you enough? You shouldn't climb if you don't carry yourself. Simple as that. no, i'm not a support main. i just stated design as it is. but think what you want.
What design? The design that holds back people that don't deserve to climb? If you need your team to win to be able to piggyback off of them, you shouldn't be able to climb. You somehow think that its flawed?
: > [{quoted}](name=Razelth,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OB5GgARq,comment-id=000f00000000,timestamp=2019-08-06T08:11:35.386+0000) > > Why would I try to climb on a role I don't want to play, and champs that I don't enjoy? I climbed out of silver. My friend climbed out of silver. How is it a joke? because playing support is an enabler? meaning you rely on your team to do what you help them to do. your teammates failures are not an indication of your skill. support in low elo is the hardest to climb with on the basis that you play an enchanter/healer. as an enchanter the most important thing for you is your team mates, no matter what you do, or how skilled you are, you ultimately rely on your team mates.
So you're complaining you can't climb because your team can't carry you enough? You shouldn't climb if you don't carry yourself. Simple as that.
: good joke. try to climb as soloq support (smth like soraka janna etc not Pyke)
Why would I try to climb on a role I don't want to play, and champs that I don't enjoy? I climbed out of silver. My friend climbed out of silver. How is it a joke?
Barkley (NA)
: The three things that determine victory in a silver game
Better blame some other factor instead of your own ability. People have climbed out of Silver, and will continue to climb out of it if they're good enough.
: > [{quoted}](name=Jimmy Rustles,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Iu9fzwhb,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-08-04T16:35:16.115+0000) > > Wanna elaborate? > > Do you mean they are afk with auto attack on? Are they split pushing? Do they push to tower then run back to theirs? I'm talking, all 5 enemies in base, killing all 4 of the trolls allies and he just continues to farm jungle. That afk farming. No backing, no defending, just ignoring the team.
> [{quoted}](name=50CaliberHecate,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=Iu9fzwhb,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-08-04T22:55:04.896+0000) > > I'm talking, all 5 enemies in base, killing all 4 of the trolls allies and he just continues to farm jungle. That afk farming. No backing, no defending, just ignoring the team. If that scenario ever happened to me, I wouldn't go back either. Game's done if the enemy is 5 man in my base with 4 of my allies dead.
: Upset at you, Board Users
You sound like a fun person to be around. Hopefully I'll never have a chance to meet someone like you in my life, it would make the rest of it amazing.
Barkley (NA)
: No. Its wrong to have farming be a negative option, and a last resort. Farming your jungle is almost always a worse option than just ganking repeatedly in the current meta. Jungle experience is a joke. Unless you're getting kills or AFK farming your jungle, you fall behind. So much so that you become irrelevant. And since AFK farming means zero jungle pressure, and therefore a probable loss -- ganking quickly becomes your only option. And god forbid you make a mistake with your gank and die, or don't get a kill -- then you begin falling irrecoverably behind. Its absolutely punishing, and not very fun to play. Basically whoever gets more successful ganks off, wins. Counter jungling means nothing. Catch up XP is a joke. And games snowball so hard right now that really all you need to do as a jungler is get a couple early ganks off to get a lane ahead, and the game just snowballs from there. Power creep has become such a readily apparent issue in this game that literally everyone can 100-0 everyone else (wtf are resistances?), and so the minute someone gets ahead in lane -- the lane is just over. There is no come back. There is no 1-for-1 tit-for-tat, both laners come out 3-3. None of that. If you get an early kill, you just win the lane, period. And so this has devolved the jungle meta into "Gank as much as humanly possible all the time and do nothing else or you're SOL" Jungling used to be the most cerebral and strategic role to play which is why I fell in love with it and main it. Nowadays its probably the most braindead. Inb4 "Shut up silver scrub low elo trash fk u" even though everything I've said here is accurate, because in this community rank == intelligence, apparently.
Issue is that failing ganks don't really cost much. This is why junglers can just sit in one lane and gank over and over. Sharing exp is more efficient if you can get ganks off for some reason because of how long the camps take to respawn and how little exp they give. > nb4 "Shut up silver scrub low elo trash fk u" even though everything I've said here is accurate, because in this community rank == intelligence, apparently. Funny you say this when you literally told me this lmao.
Xelynega (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Razelth,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ljj69A74,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-08-02T22:21:55.653+0000) > > Well goodbye. Others will enjoy it in your place. Not really since the playerbase is shrinking.
> [{quoted}](name=Xelynega,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ljj69A74,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-08-02T22:46:15.246+0000) > > Not really since the playerbase is shrinking. How is it not really? Are you just saying this to disagree? My friends still enjoy this game. I still enjoy this game. Do we not matter? Personally, my friends and I will keep enjoying the game. Disagreeing to disagree is pretty weird to do so just because I decided to not bash on Riot like everyone else lol.
D4ziri (EUW)
: A game that's no longer enjoyable
Well goodbye. Others will enjoy it in your place.
: > [{quoted}](name=Razelth,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=bvAeRH8k,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-08-01T01:23:20.685+0000) > > The AI could've potentially aggrod differently. There's so many variables in the game to just say "Warmogs won me the game," and not the randomness of the champion movements winning it. Nope. My set up was in the bottom spot just above bench Braum in the corner, Varus, Lulu, Morgana. Then in the line above them was Nidalee, Garen, Warwick. The entire final fights, the ai stayed the same. They targeted the same people, jumped to the same spots. As shit as the AI is, it doesn't change much unless you actually change your set up.
> [{quoted}](name=Icy Hot Shoto,realm=NA,application-id=RaE1aOE7,discussion-id=bvAeRH8k,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2019-08-01T01:37:06.378+0000) > > Nope. My set up was in the bottom spot just above bench Braum in the corner, Varus, Lulu, Morgana. Then in the line above them was Nidalee, Garen, Warwick. The entire final fights, the ai stayed the same. They targeted the same people, jumped to the same spots. As shit as the AI is, it doesn't change much unless you actually change your set up. Hm that's pretty weird. I've had games against friends where we don't move champions but the outcomes change.
Show more

Razelth

Level 241 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion