: Overall what did you all think of the Darkin Lore Update?
I think the whole Darkin update was an absolute clusterfuck of rapid-fire retcons. Why should I believe that the story we have now will be the same story in a few years?
: Why does riot rework champs if they are going to make them feel entirely different to play
I really loved OG Eve and felt Eve 2.0 was passable. I can't stand Eve 3.0, though. I mean, her visuals are *amazing*. But her gameplay isn't anything like old Eve's aside from 'is a champ with stealth'. She has more in common with Rengar than she does with any iteration of old Eve. And if I wanted to play Rengar, I would just play Rengar, y'know?
: They're actually beautiful glands, like the pinneal gland, which allow Neeko to sense and interact with people's Sho'Ma. I read a lot of esoteric magic ideas whenever I have to write champs that are inherently magical. The theory that organic, physical parts of the body are made to touch, sense, and manipulate the magic/spirit energies is intensely fascinating to me, from a fictional perspective. One idea I loved reading that is that unicorns symbolize magic because humans used to have a pineal gland that stuck out of our foreheads, but as we evolved over time, the glad retracted into our heads to become the "third eye". I doubt it's true at all, but ideas like this make me happy. It's fun to apply that sort of logic to entities like the vastaya who are on their own wild evolutionary timeline.
> [{quoted}](name=FauxSchizzle,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=jBXAglBh,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-06-01T15:29:59.479+0000) > > They're actually beautiful glands, like the pinneal gland, which allow Neeko to sense and interact with people's Sho'Ma. I read a lot of esoteric magic ideas whenever I have to write champs that are inherently magical. The theory that organic, physical parts of the body are made to touch, sense, and manipulate the magic/spirit energies is intensely fascinating to me, from a fictional perspective. > > One idea I loved reading that is that unicorns symbolize magic because humans used to have a pineal gland that stuck out of our foreheads, but as we evolved over time, the glad retracted into our heads to become the "third eye". I doubt it's true at all, but ideas like this make me happy. It's fun to apply that sort of logic to entities like the vastaya who are on their own wild evolutionary timeline. The penal gland is hooked up to an actual third eye in some reptiles and amphibians, most notably in the tuatara. It's mostly just a light-sensitive organ that's used for various regulatory cycles. Though in some salamanders it appears to be able to detect polarized light, which is useful for tracking the sun's position (again, to help with regulatory cycles). Basically yeah, third eye is a real thing. But its function is way more boring than suggested by parapsychology. That's science for you.
: League's Evolution into an Abstract Anomaly
God I wish this song played on Summoner's Rift instead of the music it has. The Rift theme puts me to sleep.
: Am I correct to say Kayle is a Seraph?
Now this is a fun question. The word seraph (plural seraphim) is used in four locations in the Bible. The most well known is in Isiah 6, where the word is simply transliterated into English and refers to celestial beings of some kind. Aside from describing them as having hands, feet, a face, and six wings very little information is given on them. Things get more interesting when you look at the other three references, which describe venomous snakes sent in judgement (in Numbers) and flying/winged snakes (a poetic description of a cobra's hood, probably) two other locations in the book of Isaiah. The connection to serpents is interesting, but things get more interesting when we examine extra-Biblical writings, the book of Enoch in particular. It's written in Greek and describes seraphim as δράκων, or dragons (serpents). There's a pretty strong case that seraphim were intended to be celestial dragons originally, but that description has changed over the years. Especially among Christian iconography due to the association between dragons and the devil (as per Revelation). So is Kayle a seraph? If we're going by the modern interpretation, yes. Six winged celestial being associated with fire. If we're going by the (likely) original intent? No, she is not a snek.
: Not a bad idea honestly. Though I think "On-Hit" should be a feature of Rageblade to some extent.
> [{quoted}](name=ForTheCode,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=OZbdE5ih,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2019-05-13T13:02:38.529+0000) > > Not a bad idea honestly. Though I think "On-Hit" should be a feature of Rageblade to some extent. I wouldn't mind something like 'your basic attacks deal magic damage based on your bonus AD and physical damage based on your AP OnHit'. But really, I think just a solid chunk of AD/AP, the ramping attack speed, and higher %pen would be plenty for an item. We could use some more OnHit items and giving Phantom Hit the axe would allow them to be added without breaking the game.
: Rageblade discussion.
Riot seriously just needs to remove Phantom Hit and balance Rageblade as the hybrid answer to Whisper/Voidstaff.
: Not as upset as the guy that plays league of legends but decides he needs to discuss the realism of the footwear a side character is wearing.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bKuEfTMa,comment-id=000a00000000,timestamp=2019-05-11T11:48:06.384+0000) > > Not as upset as the guy that plays league of legends but decides he needs to discuss the realism of the footwear a side character is wearing. Hey, I'm just here for the lore while waiting for Riot's next game to come out. I've hardly played since Dominion was removed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rebonack,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jzt0QvX,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-05-10T05:13:48.605+0000) > > The Nazi's wanted to kill/enslave everyone who wasn't ethnically Germanic. They committed atrocities toward that end. > > Demacians want to suppress people who have the ability to potentially level a city block by farting. Are they needlessly harsh about it so Riot can harp on with their shades of grey writing? Totally. But they still have a valid fear even if they're blowing it out of proportion. Well, no one is implying Demacia is Nazi Germany 2.0, rather what people are saying is their ways of prosecuting people with magical powers (_mind you some are born with it and don't even know, they are innocent and have not committed any crime_) is intolerant. I see no morally humane justification for arresting young children, teens, men, women of all ages and taking them to a secret prison where they are forced to be tested on like labrats and eventually letting them to rot there for life. While this may not be as bad as what Nazi Germany did, it still is very wrong in my book. It would have been better for Demacia to just expel mages from the city than toss them into prisons and do horrific experiments on them. So yes, while Demacia may not be Nazi Germany, their **practices** are still very **questionable**.
> [{quoted}](name=JamalMagnus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jzt0QvX,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2019-05-10T20:03:05.065+0000) > > Well, no one is implying Demacia is Nazi Germany 2.0, rather what people are saying is their ways of prosecuting people with magical powers (_mind you some are born with it and don't even know, they are innocent and have not committed any crime_) is intolerant. I see no morally humane justification for arresting young children, teens, men, women of all ages and taking them to a secret prison where they are forced to be tested on like labrats and eventually letting them to rot there for life. While this may not be as bad as what Nazi Germany did, it still is very wrong in my book. It would have been better for Demacia to just expel mages from the city than toss them into prisons and do horrific experiments on them. So yes, while Demacia may not be Nazi Germany, their **practices** are still very **questionable**. Right. Hence the 'blowing it out of proportion' part. They're being needlessly harsh about it. Being bigoted toward magical folks, regardless of whether that specific individual is dangerous or not, is the societal flaw Riot decided to give Demacia. Is it as big of a societal flaw as violently subjugating everyone who won't bend the knee to them? Or hunting the children of other tribes for sport because their parents plant potatoes instead of murdering people? Or any of the other awful things the societies in this setting do? I mean, not really. Every society in this setting is a shit-hole. And the ones that don't appear to be shit-holes *now* probably will be in the future as their lore gets updated. That's just how Riot rolls now.
: This bitch is wearing shoulder pads bigger than her head but you care THAT much about some fucking heels.
> [{quoted}](name=IAintDarius,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bKuEfTMa,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-05-10T19:25:20.889+0000) > > This bitch is wearing should pads bigger than her head but you care THAT much about some fucking heels. You seem awfully upset. Maybe drinks some water to rehydrate?
: I think the big dumb shoulder plates are even more unrealistic. How do you even turn in those things....
> [{quoted}](name=mrmeddyman,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bKuEfTMa,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2019-05-10T19:08:40.313+0000) > > I think the big dumb shoulder plates are even more unrealistic. How do you even turn in those things.... You don't. You just stand there looking imposing.
: ?? Demacia hates mages, they don't hate magical materials as they often use such materials and likely that cloth is special, don't believe me? galio, garens sword, vaynes weapon, xins spear, and others. In fact this cloth seems commonly used in armor designs for demacia like fiora's outfit sona's and even garen incorporates the materials usage. edit: in fact they have an entire magic library, they don't hate magic things just magic people.
> [{quoted}](name=Karn Bishop,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bKuEfTMa,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-05-10T18:47:22.692+0000) > > ?? Demacia hates mages, they don't hate magical materials as they often use such materials and likely that cloth is special, don't believe me? galio, garens sword, vaynes weapon, xins spear, and others. In fact this cloth seems commonly used in armor designs for demacia like fiora's outfit sona's and even garen incorporates the materials usage. > > edit: in fact they have an entire magic library, they don't hate magic things just magic people. It doesn't even seem like they *hate* magical people as such. Distrust? Totally. Fear? Often. But I haven't gotten a feel of hate from them. More often a 'hey, this is just the law I'm doing my job' sort of vibe.
: I get why these things offend people, but that comic showed Garen destroy a stone bridge with a sword. I’m not expecting realism.
> [{quoted}](name=Chromatic Eagle,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=bKuEfTMa,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2019-05-10T13:59:35.860+0000) > > I get why these things offend people, but that comic showed Garen destroy a stone bridge with a sword. I’m not expecting realism. I'm not offended. They just look painful to walk in.
: Ah, I thought you made it in the sense that all regions have good sides and bad sides, making them neutral in the end. I still think that if a sentient being actively tries to "unexist" everything, then this qualifies as evil.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jzt0QvX,comment-id=0002000000020000,timestamp=2019-05-10T10:58:59.276+0000) > > Ah, I thought you made it in the sense that all regions have good sides and bad sides, making them neutral in the end. > > I still think that if a sentient being actively tries to "unexist" everything, then this qualifies as evil. From the perspective of the Watchers, existence itself is a grave evil that ought not be. It tracks well to several forms of Gnosticism that sees physical reality as the evilist of evils, as it invariably leads to suffering and ego. Without physical reality dividing, all would be whole again. I can't stress how important it is to understand that in League's universe, good and evil don't exist. There's no absolute good and evil just as there's no objective standard of right and wrong. Regardless of how we might feel about ethical relativism (I'm personally not a fan), that's how the setting operates according to the writers.
: What things can a Darkin corrupt?
I hear they'll corrupt flash drives even if you stop them before pulling them out. More seriously, probably just mortal-level things. They're basically messed up Ascended. Anything Ascended tier or higher should be able to shrug them off no problem. Even a paragon mortal ({{champion:141}} ) can push through their influence.
: Wait, whut? Tell me what about the void can even remotely be seen as good, please.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=6jzt0QvX,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-05-10T01:28:41.181+0000) > > Wait, whut? > > Tell me what about the void can even remotely be seen as good, please. Good and evil as such don't appear to be things that exist in the League setting. There are, at most, virtues and taboos within societies and individuals. The Void isn't evil, anymore than a hibernating bear would be evil for mauling you after you waltzed into its cave and started slapping it in the butt with a stick. To the Void, things ought not exist. And yet there they are, *being things*. That's a problem that needs to be fixed. From the perspective of the people that the Void is chewing up? They probably consider it malevolent unless they're as maladjusted as Malzahar.
Rioter Comments
: It's absolutely disgusting people support Demacia
The Nazi's wanted to kill/enslave everyone who wasn't ethnically Germanic. They committed atrocities toward that end. Demacians want to suppress people who have the ability to potentially level a city block by farting. Are they needlessly harsh about it so Riot can harp on with their shades of grey writing? Totally. But they still have a valid fear even if they're blowing it out of proportion.
: Vote for a Champion VGU for 2020!
It was between Fiddles and Voli for me. Voli because his current in-game form has absolutely nothing to do with his current lore. Fiddles because he needs his *everything* updated. I ended up going with Fiddles because he's one of the few character models left in the game that makes my eyes bleed still.
: 2020 champion update!
I've voted for Fiddles. Of the champs on here, he needs the visual update the most by a wide margin.
: I thought the same thing first, Yuumi has the kit which could have been given to a parasitic voidborn to give us our first true void support. However, now I have the feeling that she is the reason this isn't going to happen anymore: {{champion:145}} Her suit _is_ a symbiotic/parasitic (depends how much this thing is actually taxing Kai'Sa....) voidborn. The thematic niche is kinda already taken here, even if the kit absolutely doesn't represent it properly. It is sad, but it seems they have to come up with another thematic to give us a void support.
> [{quoted}](name=Chembaron Yamada,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OEGnuTpp,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-04-28T14:25:11.443+0000) > > I thought the same thing first, Yuumi has the kit which could have been given to a parasitic voidborn to give us our first true void support. > > However, now I have the feeling that she is the reason this isn't going to happen anymore: > {{champion:145}} > > Her suit _is_ a symbiotic/parasitic (depends how much this thing is actually taxing Kai'Sa....) voidborn. The thematic niche is kinda already taken here, even if the kit absolutely doesn't represent it properly. It is sad, but it seems they have to come up with another thematic to give us a void support. If we want to be technical, I guess? Thing is, Void champs all cover a bunch of really similar common ground. Kaisa is the champion in that pairing. The suit is largely a non-entity. It isn't like Khain and Rhaast's relationship at all. It would be like comparing Yuumi with Pix. Pix is already a familiar that follows Lulu around, so why do we need another familiar if we already have one that's part of another champion? Clearly having a stand-alone familiar is still a really cool idea. I think the same thing could be done with a stand-alone symbiote.
iiGazeii (NA)
: I think they would have gotten a lot of backlash for basically copying Abathur from Heroes of the Storm. He and Yuumi already have very similar kits. If they were to mimic his aesthetic, too, there would be problems. Besides, the Yordle faction has been long overdue a new champion. This would be a great skin for Yuumi, regardless.
> [{quoted}](name=iiGazeii,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=OEGnuTpp,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-28T03:26:49.801+0000) > > I think they would have gotten a lot of backlash for basically copying Abathur from Heroes of the Storm. He and Yuumi already have very similar kits. If they were to mimic his aesthetic, too, there would be problems. Besides, the Yordle faction has been long overdue a new champion. > > This would be a great skin for Yuumi, regardless. I think I would be pretty okay with getting a Void Yuumi skin.
Rioter Comments
Seba7290 (EUNE)
: What D&D alignment would you say Sylas is?
Is your character willing to sacrifice of themselves (time, property, even well being) for the good of others? If yes, then Good. Is your character willing to sacrifice innocents (mental, physical, and/or material well being) for their own selfish ends? If yes, then Evil. If no to both, then Neutral. Does your character feel that giving up some personal freedom for the well being of society is right? If yes, the Lawful. Does your character feel that personal liberty should be pursued, even if it damages society? If yes, then Chaotic. If no to both, then Neutral. On that scale, I would say Sylas would fall under Chaotic Evil. His goal is to disrupt society in the name of personal liberty, and he doesn't really care if he's killing non-mages to accomplish his goal. For 5e funsies, what would you say Sylas' Bond, Flaw, and Ideal are?
: why do mages and adcs refuse to just build ninja tabi?
Remember when people were complaining about Mages and Marksmen building Tabi?
: Can Riot comment on if we're going to get Ezreal tier VgUs in the future?
Add Corki, Kog'Maw, and Cho'Gath to that list. There are still quite a few older champs who need some work.
: Yes, but she needs another one because she no longer fits the character she's supposed to be right now. Plus, her character design is still pretty boring imo.
> [{quoted}](name=AnotherPurple379,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=rgpGjEaH,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-04-15T21:55:55.080+0000) > > Yes, but she needs another one because she no longer fits the character she's supposed to be right now. Plus, her character design is still pretty boring imo. She does, sure, but there are other champs who have never gotten any update of any kind and look awful. Kennen is a good example.
: Just A Reminder
Janna DID get a VU. She was one of the first ones.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: You are kidding right? So Azir wouldn't be an hawk if it wasn't said because we only see his helmet. And it is not like they are gonna make her a mouse when she wore a lion helmet. Her form is clearly lion.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NyQi2rjx,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2019-04-07T07:25:12.173+0000) > > You are kidding right? > > So Azir wouldn't be an hawk if it wasn't said because we only see his helmet. > > And it is not like they are gonna make her a mouse when she wore a lion helmet. > > Her form is clearly lion. Just like how Jax is clearly a mutated human? Riot leaves this stuff intentionally vague so they can go OOOH MYSTERIOUS! Or more properly because they don't want to write themselves into a corner on things that haven't been set in stone yet.
Fasmodey (EUW)
: She was a white lioness headed Ascended with skin as smooth as ivory. A white lioness with gaze so terrifying that made Axamuk almost puke.
> [{quoted}](name=Fasmodey,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=NyQi2rjx,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-04-06T14:18:24.676+0000) > > She was a white lioness headed Ascended with skin as smooth as ivory. > > A white lioness with gaze so terrifying that made Axamuk almost puke. Liar. "Enclosed in a golden helm carved to resemble a roaring lion, her face was mercifully hidden, but I could feel her power as she swept her scornful gaze across our line." They never saw her face, only her helmet.
: Setaka's ascended animalform?
A swan. Because a swan is a better duck.
: Item Shop Cleanup
Just a general question. Have you guys considered options that are even MORE radical than just scaling back available items? Something like, say, each champion having their own unique shop of 12~18 completed items to choose from?
: Any reason why Nasus W cooldown doesn’t start after the ability is finished??
Because this is how all ability cooldowns work? The only ability that DIDN'T work like this was Kog's remade W before it got reverted. And it was a self-buff, not a slow.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rebonack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mms5Entk,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T21:40:36.835+0000) > > Oh? Why not? Because the mighty hypothesis that %hp is "Target agnostic" has proven to be absolutely WRONG.
> [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mms5Entk,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2019-04-05T02:30:31.768+0000) > > Because the mighty hypothesis that %hp is "Target agnostic" has proven to be absolutely WRONG. Of course it is. Percent HP damage is a simple way to let a damage source scale through the game without making it too overwhelming early or too weak late. Usually it is more effective against soft targets since they don't pack as much resistance (Vayne notwithstanding). That doesn't answer the question, though. Why doesn't the game need another %HP damage source?
: We had that in locket of the iron solari, but it was decimated
> [{quoted}](name=TheSingularity,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jTiHc0qb,comment-id=0003000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-03T23:52:14.335+0000) > > We had that in locket of the iron solari, but it was decimated Lockett seemed more anti burst than anti aoe to me. A good tank item should increase a Tanks threat. Preferably NOT via more damage, but given that Riot hates defense auras that's harder to pull off
: Personally I pref the 10% cdr on visage (used to be 20%) as it means I'm not wasting gold on a stat I've maxed out. eg going an ice item+visage maxes me out on CDR. From there buying one of {{item:3194}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3118}} {{item:3083}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3001}} means I'm wasting money on a stat I don't need if visage granted 20% like it used to (it's also a HUGE! buff to juggernauts like darius, illaoi and mundo, unless we were to create a whole new MR tank item, which come with it;s own problems)
> [{quoted}](name=TheSingularity,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=jTiHc0qb,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-04-03T23:01:23.754+0000) > > Personally I pref the 10% cdr on visage (used to be 20%) as it means I'm not wasting gold on a stat I've maxed out. > eg going an ice item+visage maxes me out on CDR. From there buying one of {{item:3194}} {{item:3025}} {{item:3118}} {{item:3083}} {{item:3800}} {{item:3001}} means I'm wasting money on a stat I don't need if visage granted 20% like it used to (it's also a HUGE! buff to juggernauts like darius, illaoi and mundo, unless we were to create a whole new MR tank item, which come with it;s own problems) I don't mean give Visage 20% CDR again. I mean a pure Magic Resist 20% CDR item. Like an MR version of frozen heart. Something specifically to blunt aoe damage against your team would be nice.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rebonack,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mms5Entk,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-04-03T17:18:45.484+0000) > > What I can't figure out is why it doesn't just deal 4% of the target's max HP as magic damage. The damage scaling would be about the same without being so flabby early game. This game doesn't fucking need more %hp damage.
> [{quoted}](name=Tychusfindlay918,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=mms5Entk,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2019-04-03T20:45:21.462+0000) > > This game doesn't fucking need more %hp damage. Oh? Why not?
: If you could revert one rework, who would it be and why?
Malzahar all the way back to when his Voidlings were his passive. AD Malz and AP Malz played completely different from each other. It was a fun dynamic. The new Malz is a watered down version of both with a free spell shield tacked on. Lame.
MrBobMan (NA)
: Real tank items?
I just want a 20% CDR magic resist item.
The Owls (NA)
: At Wits End with your random item changes
What I can't figure out is why it doesn't just deal 4% of the target's max HP as magic damage. The damage scaling would be about the same without being so flabby early game.
: Don't play games with me >.> I remember a Rioter saying so and it kinda pissed me off because it seemed in small contrast with him considering himself superior to the other ghosts.
> [{quoted}](name=Stars Shaper,realm=EUW,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=VlYjEQ88,comment-id=0002000100000000,timestamp=2019-04-02T17:55:10.578+0000) > > Don't play games with me >.> > > I remember a Rioter saying so and it kinda pissed me off because it seemed in small contrast with him considering himself superior to the other ghosts. What Rioters have said about lore in the past (or even relatively recent past lore) can't really be used to inform our expectations given how common ret-cons are.
: Lucian's In Trouble
Terrible solution: bust open a Void rift at the Shadow Isles. All the spooks get the sweet embrace of oblivion.
C meLoL (EUW)
: How far away can Mt Targon be seen?
If we know the curvature of Runeterra and how tall the mountain is we could math it.
: You convert pawns (if possible) to control the field 'its the equivalent to gaining baron' while also forcing the king to submit. All other is irrelevant unless those pieces interfere with that objective. Destroy enemies to gain control of the field or force the king to make moves that would cost pieces. Force the enemy to make less optimal moves aka countering splitpushing like {{champion:23}} knowing you can't take him on by yourself so you force your team to a 3v4 which then control resides on the splitpusher's side there.
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oPE1EeBi,comment-id=00010000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T03:32:57.355+0000) > > You convert pawns (if possible) to control the field 'its the equivalent to gaining baron' while also forcing the king to submit. All other is irrelevant unless those pieces interfere with that objective. Destroy enemies to gain control of the field or force the king to make moves that would cost pieces. Force the enemy to make less optimal moves aka countering splitpushing like {{champion:23}} knowing you can't take him on by yourself so you force your team to a 3v4. You can upgrade some units in your army, but you don't create anything. Chess is, at its core, a tactics game. Strategy can be applied to it, yes, but the main focus is tactics. The best players in the world (lol bots) don't think ahead at all. They use no grand strategy. They simply apply a tactical analysis to all possible moves and then select the one most likely to lead to victory.
: needs confirmation from with 3 other people to accept validation because i see as a form of chess. the boards consistently changes as the game goes on you dont see the pieces but they are there. thats why wards exist to highlight the board to allow flanks (usually stats determine whose piece gets taken here) thats my reasoning to thinking league is a big chess board. each champ is a piece and as @sankaku said the king is the nexus the queen though is the objectives like dragons/towers. (shikamaru quote is "ask yourself is who is the King" on shoji in league) if you know the answer thats what you protect. thats the supports job there to choose who lives and who to give up as a sacrifice. league is kinda a hybrid of both it involves communication and setting up the pieces for possible takedowns while also claiming objectives to put a more power position on the board (aka the middle is the most dangerous yet advantagous)
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oPE1EeBi,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T02:32:36.768+0000) > > needs confirmation from with 3 other people to accept validation because i see as a form of chess. the boards consistently changes as the game goes on you dont see the pieces but they are there. thats why wards exist to highlight the board to allow flanks (usually stats determine whose piece gets taken here) thats my reasoning to thinking league is a big chess board. each champ is a piece and as @sankaku said the king is the nexus the queen though is the objectives like dragons/towers. (shikamaru quote is "ask yourself is who is the King" on shoji in league) if you know the answer thats what you protect. thats the supports job there to choose who lives and who to give up as a sacrifice. > > league is kinda a hybrid of both it involves communication and setting up the pieces for possible takedowns while also claiming objectives to put a more power position on the board (aka the middle is the most dangerous yet advantagous) You're right. Now, answer this question. Do you create things in chess? Or do you destroy them?
: chess is still macro/micro plays which is big picture/little picture. each move is a micro move into the macro (overall objective control) big picture. which is still strategy by enabling kill zones while denying others onto less priority targets. or checking enemy king basically CCing them into making a move they really dont want to do but they have to therefore causing them to waste moves/pieces adding more kill zones.
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oPE1EeBi,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-31T00:14:50.516+0000) > > chess is still macro/micro plays which is big picture/little picture. each move is a micro move into the macro (overall objective control) big picture. which is still strategy by enabling kill zones while denying others onto less priority targets. or checking enemy king basically CCing them into making a move they really dont want to do but they have to therefore causing them to waste moves/pieces adding more kill zones. Macro/micro is less about big and little picture and more about what you're fundamentally doing. As a quick rule of thumb, if the core mechanics of the game are centered around managing resources and building things, you're probably dealing with a strategy game. If the core mechanics are centered around managing units and destroying stuff, you're probably dealing with a tactics game. Either can contain elements of the other, so the definition gets a little fuzzy sometimes. A strategy game can contain tactical elements, but it doesn't have to. And a tactics game can contain strategic elements, but it doesn't have to. League is a game almost completely focused on tactical play, often to the exclusion of strategic play. There have been *many* cases where players have *completely lost their shit* over strategic play being the best way to deal with something. And Riot, likewise, has completely lost their shit over new forms of strategic play being employed (see: the reaction in S1 to the Roamer lane position, see: the reaction just recently to funneling).
: Isn't tactics the same thing. People call it RTS for a reason.
> [{quoted}](name=Corrector1,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=oPE1EeBi,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-03-30T21:21:45.308+0000) > > Isn't tactics the same thing. People call it RTS for a reason. No, it isn't. Strategy games have both micro and macro elements. The former is controlling your units. The latter is utilizing your resources to build your units (and decide which units to build). A tactics game is micro only. Might be microing an army, a squad, or even a single unit. Risk or Settlers of Katan are strategy games. Warhammer is a tactics game.
: Am I incorrect in seeing them having fixed this bug on the most recent patch?
> [{quoted}](name=GetInTheDragon,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BRqYN4cv,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-03-30T23:10:36.202+0000) > > Am I incorrect in seeing them having fixed this bug on the most recent patch? Different bug. They fixed the multi W proc bug but made the W interaction with towers inconsistent. Sometimes W works on towers. Sometimes it doesn't.
: If League is a strategy game
League isn't a strategy game. It's a tactics game.
Youngcuck (EUW)
: You only play vs bots and Twisted Treeline games, your feedback is completely useless.
> [{quoted}](name=Youngcuck,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=ilMzZFTB,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-30T07:14:08.805+0000) > > You only play vs bots and Twisted Treeline games, your feedback is completely useless. You probably want some credentials, then? I was in the top tenth of a percentile of Dominion players when the map still existed. Regularly kicked the shit out of Imaqtpie when he played his bot-lane Fiora. Played with and against the best players in the world. I've been around since beta and have thousands of games logged on Koggers. As you might imagine, I haven't been particularly serious about League since Riot deleted my map of choice. So I'll say again. Kog and Varus both worked perfectly fine before Phantom Hit was in the game. They've been balanced around it now, sure, but that's something that could be easily fixed over a few patch cycles. What can't be fixed is Phantom Hit warping every single source of OnHit damage and OnHit itemization in the game. EVERYTHING needs to be balanced under the assumption that Rageblade will be picked up.
Show more

Rebonack

Level 59 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion