: You just said yourself that it took them like a week to get that asshole banned. I guarantee you he just buys accounts for $5.00 a pop and does this non-stop. I can't even blame him because honestly the game is such a flaming pile of trash right now he's probably having more fun doing what he's doing than the rest of us. Riot is worthless and this post should serve as proof of that not shilling for their greedy asses. Fuck Rito and fuck the people who work for them
> [{quoted}](name=I BRING DARKNESS,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4zIcXVHk,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-10-05T22:42:56.384+0000) > > You just said yourself that it took them like a week to get that asshole banned. I guarantee you he just buys accounts for $5.00 a pop and does this non-stop. I can't even blame him because honestly the game is such a flaming pile of trash right now he's probably having more fun doing what he's doing than the rest of us. > > Riot is worthless and this post should serve as proof of that not shilling for their greedy asses. Fuck Rito and fuck the people who work for them If he does, then its a wasted 5 bones. And stupid people wasting money (provided Riot keeps up the good work getting them gone) is A-OK with me. As I gain rank, they stay low, cus they cant get better long enough.
datfatguy (OCE)
: Rune pages are ridiculously expensive though
> [{quoted}](name=datfatguy,realm=OCE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=yhnEdk4n,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-10-04T04:25:56.541+0000) > > Rune pages are ridiculously expensive though Things you buy when you own all the champs
: i don't mean to rain on your parade but a pause in playtime =/= guaranteed ban maybe he's just on holiday or playing skyrim for a change
> [{quoted}](name=Sinful Succubus,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4zIcXVHk,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-10-04T09:47:01.472+0000) > > i don't mean to rain on your parade but a pause in playtime =/= guaranteed ban > > maybe he's just on holiday or playing skyrim for a change Didnt say he got banned but hey, thanks for coming out my man. With regards to the penalty, I feel it might be more then a break based on timing. When my ticket was updated, he has not played since, also, he played regularly and that would be out of character. We will see however.
datfatguy (OCE)
: Masteries from season 5 gave us a lot more diversity
Well, I have 25 rune pages and they are mostly set for my rotation. I also find if you know what your doing, you can get what your looking for I believe.
: Checked your op.gg and I think I see who you are talking about (0/7/1?). And yeah, that's never fun, seeing someone on your team intentionally run it down. Hopefully they will one day be reformed, like the famous Tyler1.
> [{quoted}](name=Ignis Ferrum,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=4zIcXVHk,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-10-03T21:31:04.679+0000) > > Checked your op.gg and I think I see who you are talking about (0/7/1?). And yeah, that's never fun, seeing someone on your team intentionally run it down. Hopefully they will one day be reformed, like the famous Tyler1. Yep, thats the one. We shall see about reform but eh.
Rioter Comments
: Yes, this is also toxic
If he had realized his error I would have. He did not. End of game gloated about how good he was, insulted the team/blamed ect. Thats the point- when this was pointed out he was like a deer in a headlight, like the concept that his attitude affects others was forgin, and he still bragged like he was the 1v9 machine.
: when riot gonna fix macs
You should have a look at the terms on the PBE.
Rioter Comments
TK576 (NA)
: Can someone please make
id love to see it, a whole line of reverse skins. Like reverse annie, noxican poppers, ect. Something like Demacian Swain or Demacian LB would be *Neat* considering they are both casters. And a bloodthirsty lux? Yes pls.
Rioter Comments
: >Red Mage FTS (NA) submitted about an hour ago in **Teamfight Tactics Bug Report**
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=PKbQ4unq,discussion-id=kfneEETG,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-09-03T01:17:55.775+0000) > > I see, hm. It appears I am king of the Nobbers today.
: You don't get honors in tft
> [{quoted}](name=Cind3rkick,realm=EUW,application-id=PKbQ4unq,discussion-id=kfneEETG,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-09-03T00:56:25.249+0000) > > You don't get honors in tft I dont play TfT :/
Rioter Comments
: Top lane bard. That sounds like a good campfire story.
> [{quoted}](name=The entire team,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=2klj0iEe,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-07-16T20:46:04.273+0000) > > Top lane bard. > > That sounds like a good campfire story. So there I was, sittin with my sword out, ready to despence JUSTICE to the villians, when out of no where I here it... ding ding... I spin around, and around, and when im done, im stuck to a wall, and all I see is this small peg leg dissapear into the hillside... and my minions? All of them had vanished... all left to little sounds of ding... ding... *shudders*
: What are the most boring top laners to fight against in your honest opinion?
I am playing a lot of tryn so mord does not worry me, but I would say any stupid cc monkey like maokai
: Who’s your guilty pleasure champ?
Been playing him a fair bit too and i agree. Him, and top-lane bard.
Rioter Comments
: How is Cyber bullying real?
> [{quoted}](name=Akali is SO HOT,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=xU0t9LA7,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-07-15T17:36:09.732+0000) > > Just walk away from the screen lol. Ok, so lets say I went to cyber bully you. I photoshoped an image of you into something nasty, and then I send it to all the people I know you know. So very little effort by me for major impact on you that you cant walk away from your screen to avoid. hm.
: Akali isn't going to be in the shroud 100% of the time. By that logic Evelynn should have no skins at all. If you don't like the color of the outfit, then get a chroma. Also, do you know how recall works? If you're going to heaven after you press B, maybe send in a bug report.
> [{quoted}](name=EthanAttacks,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=zmEK8pwB,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-15T17:45:03.457+0000) > > Akali isn't going to be in the shroud 100% of the time. By that logic Evelynn should have no skins at all. > > If you don't like the color of the outfit, then get a chroma. > > Also, do you know how recall works? If you're going to heaven after you press B, maybe send in a bug report. Eve should have many skins. None of those skins should have clothing.
huhndog (NA)
: Taliyah or Diana mid
I find tahlia underwhelming. I fear di.
: CoC section 5.1.V, probably falls under unlawful language. Because in the United States it is an offence to help someone commit suicide or advise or encourage someone to commit suicide.
> [{quoted}](name=Imperial Pandaa,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kQViyFBY,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-14T21:24:05.136+0000) > > CoC section 5.1.V, probably falls under unlawful language. Because in the United States it is an offence to help someone commit suicide or advise or encourage someone to commit suicide. Interesting. Thank you.
Hotarµ (NA)
: Well the _general_ rules are: - No homophobia, sexism, racism, and other general discriminatory slurs (relating to ethnicity, religion, language, mental illnesses, etc.) - No death threats or IRL threats - No inciting self harm (telling someone to hurt or kill themselves) But yeah, as the other commenters have said, specifics aren't released to the public because they usually act as guidelines for people to work around.
> [{quoted}](name=Hotarµ,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=kQViyFBY,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2019-07-14T19:28:20.164+0000) > > Well the _general_ rules are: > > - No homophobia, sexism, racism, and other general discriminatory slurs (relating to ethnicity, religion, language, mental illnesses, etc.) > - No death threats or IRL threats > - No inciting self harm (telling someone to hurt or kill themselves) > > > But yeah, as the other commenters have said, specifics aren't released to the public because they usually act as guidelines for people to work around. Thats what I needed, in particular about the self harm. Where is it located, the link for the self harm zt?
: Official riot pov
Nothing on zero tolerance in general then?
Rioter Comments
: Rylias
Is Mord being Mord considered BM? And yeah, Ryles is big on him but just like every other champ who uses it it can be avoided if you are aware
: i need someone talk to about my problems
The scale and scope of your request is a little vague. What problems?
Rewt (NA)
: So we have abusive chat punishments right
Yeah dude, if I do a dope play and some idiot goes "THAT WAS LUCK" and I flash my m7 im like... no?
: Throwing in Ranked Flex
: Yuumi + Tahm should be disabled Asap...
As both a Yuumi and Kench main (sup and top) I have to say Please do not discover {{item:3153}} {{item:3123}} {{item:3124}}
rujitra (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Red Mage FTS,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2019-07-05T21:14:50.521+0000) > > Eeeeeee Ruj <2 > > I am curious why the benifit is small? Would getting to ones appropriate skill level faster NOT encourage that player to grow as once they become stuck even WITH dodges it will nessitate growth? The reality is on my other account the -3 LP a day is totaly worth not getting a -20 LP. > > > I fail to see how this is an issue? > > Furthermore, dodging is only beneficial in instances where team composition is at a deficit - other situations are such that while it may *look* bad there is no guarantees or anything. > > True, however if the team comp is right and I find out our jungler and our adc (as I am a supp main) are autofilled, it nessecitates a dodge. If I find top is on an 9 game losing streak it nesisitates a dodge. If i find out that our midlaner is a one trick zed and zed is banned, it nessisitates a dodge. I wana say there are more reasons then just team comp. > > The very small number of edge cases where it's beneficial lead me to not even mention them in most cases - and it's part of why Riot doesn't condone it officially at all - because if they did, it'd lead to a large increase in players thinking it applies to them and thus is "okay". > > The downside of consistantly dodging every day kind of negates that though, as reckless dodgers would eventually get a game worth of LP loss and a queue dodge timer. I am not saying dodge every game buuuuuuuuuut I think the system works at present, and as such, I think it should be used more. I would rather have my silver games to have silver players rather then a silver player and his hardstuck bronze 1 friend or whatever. > > > Miss ya man <3 Unfortunately, not many players are as analytical about dodges as you are. If this were how everyone acted (and there was some way to enforce this, ex making players justify dodges to have them reviewed), that'd be great - but there isn't and likely can't be.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T21:17:36.535+0000) > > Unfortunately, not many players are as analytical about dodges as you are. If this were how everyone acted (and there was some way to enforce this, ex making players justify dodges to have them reviewed), that'd be great - but there isn't and likely can't be. At present the natural concequence of dodging constantly is a real fast trip to iron. I am somewhat curious, bronze elo seems to be the same now as it was BUUUUUUUUUUT in iron its like literally a septic tank. Anyway, that in and of itself is enough to curb any abuse. So, it is still of benifit for people who WANT to climb- if you dodge your MMR is better and if your team dodges your teams MMR is better- id rather sit thru a dozen lobbies of folk dodging and checking gg then get a loss. It also puts me in a better place to learn, faster.
rujitra (NA)
: >I would like to present this as an argument FOR dodging, ect as it does not artifically inflate your skill. It actually ranks you up FASTER then not dodging. Hi, I'll show up :P So, yes, dodging will cause you to rank up higher in this one instance - where your MMR is above that of your rank and the system has recognized this and is actively trying to fix it (by changing your LP gains/losses). The benefit here is small, but non-trivial. However, the problem is that if this behavior were to be encouraged for that population, it would lead to an increase in other players doing so. Furthermore, dodging is only beneficial in instances where team composition is at a deficit - other situations are such that while it may *look* bad there is no guarantees or anything. The very small number of edge cases where it's beneficial lead me to not even mention them in most cases - and it's part of why Riot doesn't condone it officially at all - because if they did, it'd lead to a large increase in players thinking it applies to them and thus is "okay".
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-07-05T20:24:51.873+0000) > > Hi, I'll show up :P > Eeeeeee Ruj <2 > So, yes, dodging will cause you to rank up higher in this one instance - where your MMR is above that of your rank and the system has recognized this and is actively trying to fix it (by changing your LP gains/losses). The benefit here is small, but non-trivial. > I am curious why the benifit is small? Would getting to ones appropriate skill level faster NOT encourage that player to grow as once they become stuck even WITH dodges it will nessitate growth? The reality is on my other account the -3 LP a day is totaly worth not getting a -20 LP. > However, the problem is that if this behavior were to be encouraged for that population, it would lead to an increase in other players doing so. I fail to see how this is an issue? Furthermore, dodging is only beneficial in instances where team composition is at a deficit - other situations are such that while it may *look* bad there is no guarantees or anything. True, however if the team comp is right and I find out our jungler and our adc (as I am a supp main) are autofilled, it nessecitates a dodge. If I find top is on an 9 game losing streak it nesisitates a dodge. If i find out that our midlaner is a one trick zed and zed is banned, it nessisitates a dodge. I wana say there are more reasons then just team comp. The very small number of edge cases where it's beneficial lead me to not even mention them in most cases - and it's part of why Riot doesn't condone it officially at all - because if they did, it'd lead to a large increase in players thinking it applies to them and thus is "okay". The downside of consistantly dodging every day kind of negates that though, as reckless dodgers would eventually get a game worth of LP loss and a queue dodge timer. I am not saying dodge every game buuuuuuuuuut I think the system works at present, and as such, I think it should be used more. I would rather have my silver games to have silver players rather then a silver player and his hardstuck bronze 1 friend or whatever. Miss ya man <3
rujitra (NA)
: I’m a specialist so I don’t but I’ve seen the mods be very particular about pins for the very reason I alluded to - the people who would benefit are the ones least likely to read it - and its helpfulness is likely less than we’d expect given the fact it can’t be complete.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mK2W88Ei,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:16:01.349+0000) > > I’m a specialist so I don’t but I’ve seen the mods be very particular about pins for the very reason I alluded to - the people who would benefit are the ones least likely to read it - and its helpfulness is likely less than we’d expect given the fact it can’t be complete. Touche. Hm. If one were to be compiled, whats the likleyhood that it be stickied after? I dont know riots flexability, and a single thread does not take much resource wise. Hell, even a sub board on player behaviour could work? Sidenote, GET TO GENERAL! I wana talk at you there :P BANTER UP!
: i have several questions (maybe link your OG thread please?) what made you decide this would be the best expiriment? wouldn't this kind of contradict itself being that you're only taking the guaranteed wins when your team is at its best? therefore you're ranking up faster doesn't that prove the opposite (its being inflated because your teammates are potentially carrying themselves/you)? and looking at the MMR ranges of both accounts, arent they using two seperate conditions? the first finished silver so placed higher, while the second finished bronze.
> [{quoted}](name=FOR JUSTICE,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:09:01.285+0000) > > i have several questions (maybe link your OG thread please?) > The OG thread was just a side conversation in another thread. I can look for it, but it was literally me saying "I dodge and it works" and he saying "no, its arifically inflating your skill" and a back and fourth. > what made you decide this would be the best expiriment? > It was not really an experement. I wanted a dedicated ranked account and a fun account. Smurf was made with the intent of the former while the latter owns everything so it became my fun account. Most of the folk I play with find ranked fun so, they both became ranked accounts, one with rules (smurf) one without. > wouldn't this kind of contradict itself being that you're only taking the guaranteed wins when your team is at its best? Well, no, the argument is about does dodging impact your actual skill as oppsed to tweaking the outcomes of games and getting carried. The former games because of dodging limits the inters/greifers/unskilled that are beyond my control. It got to where both are first, and has been more or less hardstuck silver 3-4. The LATTER account, same deal, but took SOOOOOOOOO MUCH LONGER as every win was only worth half the LP, as the guarentee loss beyond my control was in there as a factor. > therefore you're ranking up faster doesn't that prove the opposite (its being inflated because your teammates are potentially carrying themselves/you)? > See above, I think? Unless it was not covered. > and looking at the MMR ranges of both accounts, arent they using two seperate conditions? the first finished silver so placed higher, while the second finished bronze. Both ended up starting this season in iron 2, and dealing with that. I want to say that the bronze account had silver mmr as I was in the process of trying to level it- i wana say bronze 1 80ish lp at end of season so they were ALMOST identical in MMR.
: I doubt rujitra is gonna show up. He doesn’t concern himself with people that can prove him wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Soul Dealer,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:06:08.087+0000) > > I doubt rujitra is gonna show up. He doesn’t concern himself with people that can prove him wrong. Maybe. But who knows?
: Your smurf was silver in s8 Your main was bronze That has a huge impact on placement; try again with fresh accounts.
> [{quoted}](name=notFREEfood,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:03:55.375+0000) > > Your smurf was silver in s8 > > Your main was bronze > > That has a huge impact on placement; try again with fresh accounts. Both were placed iron 2, mage droped to iron 4 before climbing, smurf climed to mid bronze before any real struggles. Placements not so impactfull my man.
GreenKnight (EUNE)
: Rujitra isn't a mod, dude (~~still kinda annoying though~~). Also, have you really spent months to prepare for this? Lol, that's some dedication.
> [{quoted}](name=GreenKnight,realm=EUNE,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=gg7z9EP4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-05T19:03:18.366+0000) > > Rujitra isn't a mod, dude (~~still kinda annoying though~~). > > Also, have you really spent months to prepare for this? Lol, that's some dedication. Not months preparing, just had a smug thought and wanted to banter at him. Was kinda funny.
rujitra (NA)
: It’s hard to make such a list because when you do so, people will find some way to do something outside that list to still ruin games but be harder to detect. Furthermore, it’s very likely it would be a long list and the people who would benefit from reading it wouldn’t read it.
> [{quoted}](name=rujitra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=mK2W88Ei,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-07-05T18:49:58.087+0000) > > It’s hard to make such a list because when you do so, people will find some way to do something outside that list to still ruin games but be harder to detect. Furthermore, it’s very likely it would be a long list and the people who would benefit from reading it wouldn’t read it. RUJITRA! I just posted a where are you thread over in general <3 Hard to make yes, but thats why I sugest it bneing a sticky, with discussion below it on topics. If something new comes up it gets added to the list, sort of like the concept of legal precedence. As for the peopel who do and dont read it, if one person can read it and learn thats one person whos gonna help the growth of decency. We need one, we need a million but it starts with one, so having a neat tool would help. Are you a mod or specialist? Do you know the logstics of setting something like that up?
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: Looking for a teemo related club tag?
You could make it, cant you? Just like make a guild, tag it H234, called Hut-two-three-four. Or tag ONDTY, whatever
: Reduce Hourglas cooldown to 60 seconds so we can have some counterplay to Zed as adc
One would think that if you saw a zed and did not have adequit peel for you, youd get clense or barrior.
: > [{quoted}](name=Red Mage FTS,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-26T22:53:27.852+0000) > > What DEMACIAN champ is a commoner? Even Lucian and Xin are nobles. Sylas was a peasant. At least. And well...if that IS a citizen class I assume it is quite backwards. But since Sylas was able to read mage tomes I guess their education is fine.
> [{quoted}](name=Zeppelins circus,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2019-06-30T15:06:16.842+0000) > > Sylas was a peasant. At least. > And well...if that IS a citizen class I assume it is quite backwards. But since Sylas was able to read mage tomes I guess their education is fine. True, but Sylas was taken as a child was he not? Thus fairly atypical for a peasent in his upbringing. He might have been taught to read by his handlers, so he could decipher magical tomes. We still dont have the common demacian... other reigons though, {{champion:245}} {{champion:201}} {{champion:104}} {{champion:21}} {{champion:20}} Closest idea of comoner is {{champion:133}} from Demacia, buuuuuuuuuut... I dont know.
: "little more then a beast"? He was a perfectly normal person who happened to be a mage, and if they thought he was just a beast they wouldn't bother trying to teach him something like reading, something that as far as we know only people are capable of. As far as getting lost goes people have navigated via landmarks and asking for directions long before writing was a thing, and it's because they don't want him talking to anyone that they wouldn't leave him alone to get lost in the first place. He was forbidden to associate with anyone outside of his handlers, and you can't really enforce that if you let him wander around on his own. I recommend really reading the lore before assuming so much so you can arrive at a more informed opinion.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T17:42:22.188+0000) > > "little more then a beast"? He was a perfectly normal person who happened to be a mage, and if they thought he was just a beast they wouldn't bother trying to teach him something like reading, something that as far as we know only people are capable of. As far as getting lost goes people have navigated via landmarks and asking for directions long before writing was a thing, and it's because they don't want him talking to anyone that they wouldn't leave him alone to get lost in the first place. He was forbidden to associate with anyone outside of his handlers, and you can't really enforce that if you let him wander around on his own. > > I recommend really reading the lore before assuming so much so you can arrive at a more informed opinion. You may want to go and re-read my post buds.
: Why would he need those things though? The impression that I get from his lore, story, and the comics is that mages emit a glow that Sylas can see and he simply walks around with his handlers pointing them toward mages.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T05:50:56.901+0000) > > Why would he need those things though? The impression that I get from his lore, story, and the comics is that mages emit a glow that Sylas can see and he simply walks around with his handlers pointing them toward mages. I admit I have not followed a lot of Sylas lore. I would only assume that, as an educated person who would be in charge of Sylas (say I was his main warden) I know I would not want to walk around with a man who was little more then a beast. It would be a heat score (mages would see the spazzy sylas or dullard sylas walk about and dip real quick) as well as presenting a fair bit of issues for worst case scinarios- Sylas gets lost, KNOWS that he has to go somewhere but cant read so cant navigate). I would make sure that he would have the basic skill of reading and writing. HOWEVER *I* as warden would make it minimal. Its been shown that his charisma is decent, so others getting him more and more, there would be the issue.
: > [{quoted}](name=Red Mage FTS,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=00000002000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T04:22:55.820+0000) > > Feudalisem keeps going up and up until one final "overlord" - a King or Emporer, who in many states had immunity and almost divine status. I see demacia as a silently opressive culture that uses "honer" and its code as cultural weapons so you are going by assumptions? well that means your argument loses all credibility. you simply have no proof that Demacia does any of this and are simply demonizing aspects of Demacia I know that sounds rude, but its true.
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=000000020000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T05:53:01.158+0000) > > so you are going by assumptions? well that means your argument loses all credibility. you simply have no proof that Demacia does any of this and are simply demonizing aspects of Demacia > > I know that sounds rude, but its true. Last time I checked this was not a court of law or hard debate with rules regarding credability, but an expression of perception and oppinion as I have done. Keep on topic please. Otherwise, doors over there ====> And as far as Demacia goes, there is enough inference of it by comments by Noxians and Sylas that the nation is not as Peace-Equil-Happy-Nice as it seems. Think about the concept of God King Garen, that is the EXTREEM of Demacia, meaning if it COULD do that, it WOULD.
Spotty (NA)
: why do girls expect guys to pay everything for them?
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Yer generalizing, my friend.
: Feudal by its very nature can’t be totalitarian. The vast noble class having regional power means a central authority can’t have complete control. And you really can’t get that control without technology of movement to spread the central authorities edicts which Demacia doesn’t have.
> [{quoted}](name=Warlord Dienekes,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=0000000200000000,timestamp=2019-06-26T23:18:07.962+0000) > > Feudal by its very nature can’t be totalitarian. The vast noble class having regional power means a central authority can’t have complete control. And you really can’t get that control without technology of movement to spread the central authorities edicts which Demacia doesn’t have. Feudalisem keeps going up and up until one final "overlord" - a King or Emporer, who in many states had immunity and almost divine status. I see demacia as a silently opressive culture that uses "honer" and its code as cultural weapons
: > [{quoted}](name=Red Mage FTS,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=000000020000,timestamp=2019-06-26T22:55:35.494+0000) > > I want to say its intentional? Demacia is after all a totalitarion state based on state morals, almost a facisem. it does not matter if all of them are nobles or not, it proves nothing. by that logic, the blessed isles didnt allow it's commoners to read because all the champs we see were part of sacred orders or nobles. same as piltover, you cant name one piltoverian who is not, by piltover standards, a commoner. does not mean they are unable to read though EDIT: it is not a "state moral". a rioter even said most demacians dont HATE magic users, but are just cautious. many of the negative things about Demacia are blown GROSSLY out of proportion
> [{quoted}](name=TheMan292,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=0000000200000001,timestamp=2019-06-27T00:09:36.207+0000) > > it does not matter if all of them are nobles or not, it proves nothing. by that logic, the blessed isles didnt allow it's commoners to read because all the champs we see were part of sacred orders or nobles. same as piltover, you cant name one piltoverian who is not, by piltover standards, a commoner. does not mean they are unable to read though > > EDIT: it is not a "state moral". a rioter even said most demacians dont HATE magic users, but are just cautious. many of the negative things about Demacia are blown GROSSLY out of proportion I wana say Zaun is filled with commoners buuuuuuuuuut thats a given :P However, we are talking about Demacia witch is based on a feudal society, rather then the industrial based piltover. Its like comparing England in the 1400s with England in the 1800s. As far as the hating magic users, they dont hate no but they shun. Its the same way with most states that have second hand citizens. Consider South Africa pre-90s, with the Demacians being the white South Africans and the magic users being the black South Africans. So, state issued bigotory
: Sylas was of a poor Demacian family before turning himself over to the mageseekers. We know he is literate because he learned how petricite works from the books he had Lux bring him. Since his handlers only needed him to detect mages I see little reason for them to have taught him, which leads me to believe he knew how to read before turning himself in. That's just what I think though, it's possible they still could've taught him.
> [{quoted}](name=ShadowGlaive213,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=0fk4pLvF,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2019-06-27T03:48:33.310+0000) > > Sylas was of a poor Demacian family before turning himself over to the mageseekers. We know he is literate because he learned how petricite works from the books he had Lux bring him. Since his handlers only needed him to detect mages I see little reason for them to have taught him, which leads me to believe he knew how to read before turning himself in. That's just what I think though, it's possible they still could've taught him. Interesting take. I would think that, a basic education for the mageseekers to train Sylas would be needed. Things like, measurments and descriptive words if he was used like a psycic, or some sort of education as to what magic is ect. ANd the basis of any acedemic education is reading and writing, and they would have taught him such. My .02
Show more

Red Mage FTS

Level 235 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion