ChuShoe (NA)
: HALF-LIFE FANS, REJOICE! (FAN MADE GAME IN DEVELOPEMENT)
: >If Meddler and Reav3s cannot even be botherd to allow Developers the time, resources and manpower to work on champions that actually need it, what's the point on working on anything anymore? Honest question -- would you rather a champion you love languish a bit until a developer with an awesome idea raises his/her hand and starts a passionate, invested rework, or would you rather that someone not especially excited about the project gets told "We don't care -- she needs work. Find an idea and run with it." To a large extent Riot runs on the "we have a good idea, so we're looking into it" approach rather than the "keep spending time until you're either completely burned out or find something that'll do for the time being." While I understand this can be super frustrating if your favorite champion isn't doing super well, I personally think it's a better approach.
> [{quoted}](name=The Djinn,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=jPANQ6mo,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-10-08T20:19:46.286+0000) > > Honest question -- would you rather a champion you love languish a bit until a developer with an awesome idea raises his/her hand and starts a passionate, invested rework, or would you rather that someone not especially excited about the project gets told "We don't care -- she needs work. Find an idea and run with it." > {{champion:37}} I know im used to it. I am also used to "passionate" developers destroying every support that isn't "LC$ bigplays" anytime they even dream of being in a different lane while you put on your main board how freakishly broken brand support is.
MzT (NA)
: Protecting the Fairness of LOL esports, Let people know about Korean's behavior
Streamers can get away with so much more because they give Riot exposure. I severely doubt anything will happen to them.
: The honor system is bullpoop
The only snowflake here is the one who thinks actions don't have consequences.
: Help Me Out of This Hole
I cant tell you how to get out of silver as a top because I climbed as a support but I cant tell you one of the major problems with silver and with that normal games. Everyone is reactive. When you are reactive it never occurs to you to make the first move, that's why you usually see the mid dance in circle game till someone gets caught. The support meta game is also a thing that most people don't realize. Just picking up ignite instead of exhaust can make the opposing support wary of a dive. Also start in their opposing bush and just throw out an attack. That way you can have them ward their near bush instead of river and can set up really good ganks, especially if they are a push duo. Also adcs dont know how to ward so dont worry about that lol my number 1 rule as a support, never initiate unless you can personally get the kill on your own. Never expect anyone to follow up and you will never get irritated lol.
: Does anybody else
: When is it okay to add "kun" at the end of someone's name?
: Riot dont care
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkCwFkOZoOY
: I dun did it yall I started episode one of sword art online
You really want to watch an anime that makes you regret life, go watch school days
: What was the best piece of advice someone ever gave you
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experiance.
: I think imaqtpie is right.
I say the same thing about brain dead ADCs who want to dive towers, cant leave when they have the lead cant remember what the number 4 on their keyboard does in game.
Akaash (NA)
: Random shout-out to Chickenwrap, who also has no intention of getting to plat, but will probably end up there soon.
> [{quoted}](name=Akaash,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=hxiiuFAA,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-19T07:53:12.367+0000) > > Random shout-out to Chickenwrap, who also has no intention of getting to plat, but will probably end up there soon. Wait as much as I don't like Chickenwrap(sometimes) I know he is a better player than me. How is he not in Plat yet?
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ux6olrlk,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T23:14:25.888+0000) > > How does what happened at Pax, take away from what I said. Men's issues are social issues as well. Idk. Maybe the original post has something to do with her not listening to riot while making racist and sexist comments? Meanwhile someone is trying to downplay it? Ever thought of that?
> [{quoted}](name=Lakrosin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ux6olrlk,comment-id=000100000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T23:33:44.712+0000) > > Idk. Maybe the original post has something to do with her not listening to riot while making racist and sexist comments? Meanwhile someone is trying to downplay it? Ever thought of that? Again, what does any of that have to do with what I commented on. The things said were social justice issues, why does that downplay anything?
Lakrosin (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ux6olrlk,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T23:06:38.449+0000) > > This sounds like a social justice issue...you know that right? Did you forget what happened at Pax or something?
> [{quoted}](name=Lakrosin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ux6olrlk,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-18T23:09:48.383+0000) > > Did you forget what happened at Pax or something? How does what happened at Pax, take away from what I said. Men's issues are social issues as well.
Lakrosin (NA)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Lakrosin,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ux6olrlk,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-09-18T23:03:04.624+0000) > > Yeah, I remember that time when men could win custody. Oh wait. > > Er maybe that time when Male nurses were not discriminated against.... Nope. > > You really must be a llama. This sounds like a social justice issue...you know that right?
: Why is 2-factor authentication not REQUIRED on League's website?
Better question, why do they still not have a log off button
LonelyMist (EUNE)
: I have created a LoL club for those who are interested in Startups
That's actually pretty cool, I would love to join a group like that.
: Two facts about gaming in 2018 compared to 1998
1998 was amy youth for gaming, thats where it should stay atleast in my opinion.
: Looking for players to make a lol team
well how can I say no to a name like that. If you need a support, I will lend my hand, and if not then good luck to you lol.
: For next season, riot needs to get rid of first auto attack stacking.
have to wait till a pro says they dont like it for it to change.
: League of Legends (videogame) stigma in older communities? (let's get the discussion rollin)
Sure I don't mind providing my ideas concerning gaming stigma. I believe it's a vicious circle when it comes to media. Because video games are the new thing, its scary to older generations and because they "just don't get the young people" they rather fear it than understand it which is a thing all of humanity has a problem with. While gaming atleast to my knowledge doesn't cause violence, we do thrive on the exercise. I believe its more therapeutic to get that aggression out, but I believe competitive games are indeed in a crisis moment. Because now that its considered a sport, there is more on the line then just losing one's pride, and unfortunately today's e-sports starts don't know how to be professionals (Which can be seen with overwatch League) One of the biggest problem I have with all of gaming is the nonchalaunt way of dealing with toxicity. In the fighting game community its expected that you will hear homophic, racist, and sexest "banter" and in some circuits its encouraged. In league we see streamers being complete idiots and Riot rarely, if ever does anything to them because they are the company's cash cows. Another avenue of toxic behavior is trolling which I will never be okay with. It is constantly said on the internet to not feed the trolls, and because of that they are never told to stop, which means they can crank it up even higher. Because everyone "ignores" the trolls that only gives them more power, which as it always happens, they go over the line. If you look back far enough on the threads here you will see the controversy where someone's nudes were released as a way of trolling and unfortunately it has to also be expected, and I expect it to happen again because gamers are unfortunately reactive instead of proactive. The only time we want to defend our media is when someone from our media goes to far. We never want to police the horrible side of our community but we want the world to know that they are a minority. A minority we continue to let them have their way until once again something horrible happens. I believe the stigma to gaming is unwarranted on the grounds that we breed killers and thrive on violence, however I will say that the video game community allows these things to happen because we "just want to play our games" until something truly horrible happens then we pretend we care about our own.
: I miss being able to see enemy rank borders in the loading screen.
because people would give up at the loading screen
Akaash (NA)
: So where's the outrage about male employees being sexually assaulted at riot?
To be completely honest I don't think you care either. No matter where it is on the internet; no matter what cause or who its done to. People always want to counter an issue with another. A good example is black lives matter, then all lives matter. The really don't care about all lives, but rather want to protest their protest which I think its a disgusting trait people have. Now im not saying it's that severe to this issue (maybe it is idk) but not once did you or anyone on these forums care about men being sexually assaulted at Riot until women opened up about issues related to that. Now if you want to bring light to this issue more power to you, but why are you trying to deflect from women on to men like both points cannot exist without combating one another. Is the pax thing an issue, of course it is and while I dont like the forums being flooded with it, I say it's a necessary evil because everyone has a right to speak (within reason baring the rules here of course), but I have to ask you this. Are you being proactive to men's rights or are you being reactive because of women fighting for theirs. It's not everyday I am actually serious on these threads, but I honestly think your better than that.
: Is coding really this easy?
I always wanted to learn how to code, but I have been to lazy. I have an idea on what app specifically I want to make, but I dont want to go into the history of code, all the languages and blah blah blah lol
saltran (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-14T22:07:16.570+0000) > > I am sorry but I just cant believe that. A good support means nothing with a bad adc. For instance, what exactly can soraka, or janna do to carry a game with a bad adc. They can hope their other teammates are good, but other than that they are not doing anything but trying to buffer a bad player. Of course there are playmakers like Thresh and the like, but for traditional supports, you either hope you have a good team, or you are counting the seconds to the 20 minute cap is up. A good supp can 2vs1 the lane since majority of the lane fase is about the supp and not the adc. But later sure he would struggle if his adc is terrible similar to how a good adc would also struggle if he has a terrible supp. Botlane is a 2 players lane in which to really success both need to perform well.
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=000900000000000000000001,timestamp=2018-09-14T22:19:31.155+0000) > > A good supp can 2vs1 the lane since majority of the lane fase is about the supp and not the adc. > > But later sure he would struggle if his adc is terrible similar to how a good adc would also struggle if he has a terrible supp. > > Botlane is a 2 players lane in which to really success both need to perform well. So then you need to hope your partner is good or you yourself will struggle. Thats fair.
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=00090000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-14T22:07:16.570+0000) > > I am sorry but I just cant believe that. A good support means nothing with a bad adc. For instance, what exactly can soraka, or janna do to carry a game with a bad adc. They can hope their other teammates are good, but other than that they are not doing anything but trying to buffer a bad player. Of course there are playmakers like Thresh and the like, but for traditional supports, you either hope you have a good team, or you are counting the seconds to the 20 minute cap is up. Cool, so when I see my support main buddies playing on a smurf and just dominating their lane 1v2 as their ADC feeds their asses off, it is just my imagination. Because of noo, it is the math making that is causing you to be low elo, definitely not your skill. Do not worry, no reason to blame yourself for not climbing, there is always a system to blame instead! That makes it easier. Don't accept responsibility, just bitch about something that some reason doesn't affect other people whatsoever.
> [{quoted}](name=HonorRibbon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-14T22:13:20.465+0000) > > Cool, so when I see my support main buddies playing on a smurf and just dominating their lane 1v2 as their ADC feeds their asses off, it is just my imagination. Because of noo, it is the math making that is causing you to be low elo, definitely not your skill. Do not worry, no reason to blame yourself for not climbing, there is always a system to blame instead! That makes it easier. Don't accept responsibility, just bitch about something that some reason doesn't affect other people whatsoever. Anecdotal fallacies dont work on me, but sure whats your friend name, I would love to see what he plays. I can look at what traditional support he is playing, learn his build and be a better player.
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2018-09-14T20:27:31.645+0000) > > And this is what I mean by stipulations. Your message is that "You can climb with any champion if you are good enough", but as always the rules are different for Support, because now we have to know what to play, instead of climb with any champ it isn't a stipulation. Part of being good is having good game knowledge, which means that you have the sense to pick the right champion for a role. Yes, with support you can't play ANY champion, you have to play one that can play support. As jungle you can't play ANY champion, you have to play one that can play support. Mid and Top are just more open, and ADC has been kinda more open recently. But if we were in old meta where only ADCs played.... like if someone picked any ADC and were good enough, they would climb. That is the point. If someone is good enough AT THE GAME, they will climb. I never said anything about just being good enough with a champion. But most people that are trash at the game are also trash at their champions, but don't realize it.
> [{quoted}](name=HonorRibbon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-14T21:23:09.713+0000) > > it isn't a stipulation. Part of being good is having good game knowledge, which means that you have the sense to pick the right champion for a role. Yes, with support you can't play ANY champion, you have to play one that can play support. As jungle you can't play ANY champion, you have to play one that can play support. Mid and Top are just more open, and ADC has been kinda more open recently. But if we were in old meta where only ADCs played.... like if someone picked any ADC and were good enough, they would climb. That is the point. If someone is good enough AT THE GAME, they will climb. I never said anything about just being good enough with a champion. But most people that are trash at the game are also trash at their champions, but don't realize it. I am sorry but I just cant believe that. A good support means nothing with a bad adc. For instance, what exactly can soraka, or janna do to carry a game with a bad adc. They can hope their other teammates are good, but other than that they are not doing anything but trying to buffer a bad player. Of course there are playmakers like Thresh and the like, but for traditional supports, you either hope you have a good team, or you are counting the seconds to the 20 minute cap is up.
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-09-14T19:45:55.790+0000) > > I always see stuff like these but when it comes to support, there always seems to be stipulations. > > You can win with any champion...as long as its X Y Z. But the truth of the matter is you can win with any support champ as long as your ADC isnt a complete troglodyte because you can be god tier nami, but wont matter worth a damn if you have to support trash. But there are plenty of champions that COULD go support a 1v2 the lane if they are leaps and bounds better than their opponent. Part of being "good enough" with a champion, or with even with a role, is knowing what to play into what in situations where you may need to 1v2. In the jungle, you will climb with any champion that can properly clear the jungle, if you are good enough. In top/mid/adc you will climb with any champion, if you are good enough. Support is a tad different since you need to either: A: Be good with a champion that requires very little gold to scale with. These are mostly the types of champions that bring a lot to fights through team fight utility or pick play making. B: Be so good with a champion that you can get kills regardless of what your ADC is doing, and get gold. These would be the higher damage supports, like brand and lux. The whole point is, if you are GOOD ENOUGH you will climb by just being GOOD ENOUGH. If you are playing your role wrong, you are not good enough. If you are picking a champion which you cannot play a role with successfully, then either you are not good enough, or your game knowledge is terrible and you don't even know which champions to choose for each role yet. No, you will not hit challenger playing Morgana ADC. This does not mean that Morgana cannot hit challenger. This means that if someone has no clue how to play Morgana and builds them to be an ADC, they are not good enough and will not climb to challenger, while someone that does know how to play her will. But I bet a challenger ADC main or morgana main can easily climb B5 to P5 with Morgana ADC.
> [{quoted}](name=HonorRibbon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=yzgnTAKY,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-09-14T19:53:14.079+0000) > > But there are plenty of champions that COULD go support a 1v2 the lane if they are leaps and bounds better than their opponent. > > Part of being "good enough" with a champion, or with even with a role, is knowing what to play into what in situations where you may need to 1v2. > > In the jungle, you will climb with any champion that can properly clear the jungle, if you are good enough. > > In top/mid/adc you will climb with any champion, if you are good enough. > > Support is a tad different since you need to either: > > A: Be good with a champion that requires very little gold to scale with. These are mostly the types of champions that bring a lot to fights through team fight utility or pick play making. > B: Be so good with a champion that you can get kills regardless of what your ADC is doing, and get gold. These would be the higher damage supports, like brand and lux. > > The whole point is, if you are GOOD ENOUGH you will climb by just being GOOD ENOUGH. > > If you are playing your role wrong, you are not good enough. > If you are picking a champion which you cannot play a role with successfully, then either you are not good enough, or your game knowledge is terrible and you don't even know which champions to choose for each role yet. No, you will not hit challenger playing Morgana ADC. This does not mean that Morgana cannot hit challenger. This means that if someone has no clue how to play Morgana and builds them to be an ADC, they are not good enough and will not climb to challenger, while someone that does know how to play her will. But I bet a challenger ADC main or morgana main can easily climb B5 to P5 with Morgana ADC. And this is what I mean by stipulations. Your message is that "You can climb with any champion if you are good enough", but as always the rules are different for Support, because now we have to know what to play, instead of climb with any champ
: PSA: You can climb with any champion if you are good enough
I always see stuff like these but when it comes to support, there always seems to be stipulations. You can win with any champion...as long as its X Y Z. But the truth of the matter is you can win with any support champ as long as your ADC isnt a complete troglodyte because you can be god tier nami, but wont matter worth a damn if you have to support trash.
: LOL I've done it again.
oh well, always next season
: Would you rather honor a friendly player or a skilled player?
friendly, I dont care if your skilled, if your a jerkwad then no one is having a good time.
Jobriq (NA)
: Odyssey: Was that a JoJo reference?!
You thought those those Ora were from Yasuo but it was me, Kayne!
: A list of how many champions have received multiple skins since Taliyah/Kled/Ivern/Camille's launch
: Because in this day and age its cool to label yourself and if you are not part of a identity group you are a loser. Its the same thing people fought against in the 60s. Pretty ironic if you ask me.
> [{quoted}](name=buffpoppy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:54:47.287+0000) > > Because in this day and age its cool to label yourself and if you are not part of a identity group you are a loser. Its the same thing people fought against in the 60s. Pretty ironic if you ask me. But it seems like its others giving them the label. Anyone who acts different politically is either an SJW or a Nazi Conservative. I have yet to see someone call themselves a feminazi either, but we give them those labels to stifle their point. The only irony I see is that nothing has changed. Just McCarthyism in a new generation.
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:20:31.780+0000) > > I get the special treatment part, but often times I see things people going out of their way to mock them of asking. Like for instance if a trans person asked (not demand mind you, that's a different story) to be either called him/her instead then you have someone saying they identify as an attack helicopter. Who does that help by saying that only to ruin someone else's day. Its like protesting someone else's protest then feeling insulted when someone is angry with you. Not saying you personally mind you, but I feel like people on the internet take the crazed loud minority and uses them as a blanket for everyone else who are like them. There's always extreme cases too. IMO "special snowflake" was first used on people asking to be put on a pedestal because they were "different" - different in the same way your parents tell you you're unique when some kids make fun of you in elementary school, the same way "everyone is different". In other words, for people too basic to have any kind of quirks or skills and saying that lack was a quirk/skill in itself. Kinda. Then of course the more the term was used the more mainstream it became, the more the meaning was broadened, misused, repurposed. Not unlike how "libtard" was mostly used to design inclusion-extremists yet you'll often see it when someone wants to namecall a person asking for ethical treatment nowadays. So no, a trans person saying "I'd be more comfortable being called X instead of Y" doesn't warant a "look at the special snowflake". But it won't stop toxic people from saying that.
> [{quoted}](name=BlueVestGuy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:43:14.240+0000) > > There's always extreme cases too. > IMO "special snowflake" was first used on people asking to be put on a pedestal because they were "different" - different in the same way your parents tell you you're unique when some kids make fun of you in elementary school, the same way "everyone is different". In other words, for people too basic to have any kind of quirks or skills and saying that lack was a quirk/skill in itself. Kinda. > Then of course the more the term was used the more mainstream it became, the more the meaning was broadened, misused, repurposed. > Not unlike how "libtard" was mostly used to design inclusion-extremists yet you'll often see it when someone wants to namecall a person asking for ethical treatment nowadays. > > So no, a trans person saying "I'd be more comfortable being called X instead of Y" doesn't warant a "look at the special snowflake". But it won't stop toxic people from saying that. I honestly think thats the biggest problem with internet communities. We trivialize everything until someone takes it one step to far and then we care. Just like gaming, we are a reactionary community. A good example would be trolling. We are told to simply ignore trolling or "they win" but to me it only tells them that no one is going to tell them to stop and eventually as things happen. When people who try their hardest to mess with you are ignored, they only try harder and eventually doxxing and swatting happened, and then the gaming community started to care again. I know if people just used their voices without caring if they "get mad" things would get better. We see that when companies screw us but the moment we actually act like a community for a change, they back down.
: I think the point of the snowflake is that it is a beautiful tiny little speck of matter but it is also a majorly fragile and short lived specimen as well. If you bring the surface temperature of a snowflake too high, it loses it's solidity and melts into a tiny puddle of dancing, swimming particles that move together, adapt, fill unique spaces. You pour water into a pot, it becomes the pot. Water can flow, and it can crash.
> [{quoted}](name=The Yung Sheets,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:34:14.025+0000) > > I think the point of the snowflake is that it is a beautiful tiny little speck of matter but it is also a majorly fragile and short lived specimen as well. If you bring the surface temperature of a snowflake too high, it loses it's solidity and melts into a tiny puddle of dancing, swimming particles that move together, adapt, fill unique spaces. You pour water into a pot, it becomes the pot. Water can flow, and it can crash. I believe you on the snowflake part. Being a snowflake is fragile delicate and short lived, but in its short life span it moved its on way. Danced along the wind with no rhyme or reason, landing where it saw fit, dictated only by the elements and even then, nothing no one can safely assume where it would land. But as water it is no longer unique. It's no longer seen as one snowflake, but a mass of droplets no longer seen but only as a mass. Stripped of any identity and goes with the flow. Never diverting unless the path was created by other nameless trillion droplets. Water can flow and crash, but in the end, that droplet is no longer a droplet, but a product of everyone else. Live free or join the collective.
Blenos (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:23:19.458+0000) > > I don't believe either side actually believes in either of those extremes however what I have noticed is both sides will paint that picture of the other instead of the high majority being in the middle but are just to hostile to admit and have a good dialog. It's differing opinions being explained poorly towards each other if you really want an answer to it
> [{quoted}](name=Blenos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:27:24.597+0000) > > It's differing opinions being explained poorly towards each other if you really want an answer to it But if it's so easy to see, why is it so hard to just stop trying to prove how wrong the other side is and actually take serious problems like serious adults?
Blenos (NA)
: If you aren't a snowflake in Riots eyes you're toxic-mean-racist-criminal-sexist-demon-etc
> [{quoted}](name=Blenos,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:19:09.410+0000) > > If you aren't a snowflake in Riots eyes you're toxic-mean-racist-criminal-sexist-demon-etc I don't believe either side actually believes in either of those extremes however what I have noticed is both sides will paint that picture of the other instead of the high majority being in the middle but are just to hostile to admit and have a good dialog.
: it's more about people who want special treatment because of their differences.. people who claim to be non-binary or trans, or whatever labels they choose for themselves, and get offended if you don't give them special treatment.. it's fine to be different and have unique traits, but don't expect to be treated like you are a one of a kind snowflake, that gets all sorts of special attention so it won't melt.. you're still human, you should still be held to typical societal standards like the rest of us.
> [{quoted}](name=JoeAnarchy,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:16:17.487+0000) > > it's more about people who want special treatment because of their differences.. > people who claim to be non-binary or trans, or whatever labels they choose for themselves, and get offended if you don't give them special treatment.. > it's fine to be different and have unique traits, but don't expect to be treated like you are a one of a kind snowflake, that gets all sorts of special attention so it won't melt.. > you're still human, you should still be held to typical societal standards like the rest of us. I get the special treatment part, but often times I see things people going out of their way to mock them of asking. Like for instance if a trans person asked (not demand mind you, that's a different story) to be either called him/her instead then you have someone saying they identify as an attack helicopter. Who does that help by saying that only to ruin someone else's day. Its like protesting someone else's protest then feeling insulted when someone is angry with you. Not saying you personally mind you, but I feel like people on the internet take the crazed loud minority and uses them as a blanket for everyone else who are like them.
: It's more about an individual that has an unpopular...thing going on that they like, but as soon as someone insults it they act like it's the end of the world and everyone is against them.... So on and so forth. Hence, the snowflake part.
> [{quoted}](name=SupaDevilJuice,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:12:01.866+0000) > > It's more about an individual that has an unpopular...thing going on that they like, but as soon as someone insults it they act like it's the end of the world and everyone is against them.... > > So on and so forth. > > Hence, the snowflake part. I really don't understand insulting someone for for doing something against the norm however. I much as we like to pretend we never get mad when someone insults what we do on the internet, it still gets to us. It feels like a spit in the face for insulting someone for what they do, then insulting them for being mad that you did it. It's like being either emotionless or negative is the only way people thrive on the internet these days lol.
Kythers (NA)
: Seeking attention by being different, it's basically hipsterism applied to social media
> [{quoted}](name=Kythers,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=wtAYvgej,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-06T03:11:34.204+0000) > > Seeking attention by being different, it's basically hipsterism applied to social media But again there is nothing wrong with wanting attention. Business thrive on getting your attention. Hell if they want to be a hipster more power to them. If it makes their day better, why try to ruin it for them for being different.
Rioter Comments
ItzModsy (NA)
: Segregation is apparently OK now, can we take it a step further?
Literally no one here is saying that. Can you at least pretend not to strawman everyone with different beliefs than you.
: Why I Hate This Generation
People have always been like that. Just in this generation you have the internet to broadcast it to the world.
Ceazaru (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dqGJ8jP4,comment-id=00000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T00:34:38.821+0000) > > I completely agree with you there. I just don't like the hypocrisy (not you) of certain people who think they are championing free speech by trying to limit others. I'm also for Freedom of speech but freedom to me does not me freedom from criticism and responsibility also that people can choose if they want to support your business/ideas. I'll be honest this is just a reaction
> [{quoted}](name=Ceazaru,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dqGJ8jP4,comment-id=000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T01:31:17.306+0000) > > I'm also for Freedom of speech but freedom to me does not me freedom from criticism and responsibility also that people can choose if they want to support your business/ideas. I'll be honest this is just a reaction Well it is just a gaming forum on the internet. If anyone takes any of this too seriously they shouldn't be on the internet lol
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ieZsKfAp,comment-id=000200000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T00:00:59.907+0000) > > "First of all, if things are REALLY that bad, WE HAVE IPHONES. > > Why did these women not record this behavior on audio/video. > > Why not sue riot so fucking hard they can buy a small island and retire?" > > Instead of addressing the issue, you ask why they didnt do anything about it, and by that logic that they didn't then it obviously didn't happen. "More likely in my opinion, Riot has ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE. A few bad apples, got away with inappropriate behavior for years... a few new employees saw this, and jumped on the bandwagon... People are apes after-all, and have a tendency to act shitty / copy shitty behavior they see." Was in the same post. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Truthfully, if a woman felt so treated she SHOULD HAVE RECORDED THAT SHIT! I could make wild accusations against anyone.... I believe the accusations are true, because it fits into the world as I see it. However if a woman said "I've been abducted by aliens 5 times" and I say, "show me the evidence" am I a shitty asshole? Riot did not deny anything, they apologized... But none the less, as a society, we can't just believe everything a person says. -------------------------------------------------------------- One time a drunk girl, roughly my age, was on my dads back porch, with a tiny dog on a leash. I was also a bit drunk, so I don't remember clearly, but I was flirting with her, and it was pretty clear she was not interested. So I'm standing there smoking my cig, and she starts to fall over. The leash, was tangled in the leg if a chair, and as she fell she was pulling the leash. The dog was getting yanked into the chairs legs, and it seemed this drunk chick was about to decapitate the fucking dog. I start saying hey, and kinda grab her arm. She screams "Don't fucking touch me" and starts flailing like a fish on land, still YANKING THE DOGS NECK THROUGH THE CHAIRS LEGS! For a few crazy, awkward as fuck, drunken seconds, I sort of try and hold her arm, and YELL "DUDE THE DOG" or some shit like that. She gets up, goes inside, and starts telling my brother, and friends, that I was sexually assaulting her. They of course assume this MUST be some sort of exaggeration all considered. 2 minutes later, I'm there on the porch explaining what happened. THE SADDEST PART WAS, because I'm a drunk, and a "sex-hound" person, there still seemed to be some doubt in peoples minds as to what happened. They comforted her, and told her I did not mean it like that. Then kinda gave me funny looks, then walked back inside....... In other circumstances, that bitch could have had me killed.....
> [{quoted}](name=Poro Lord,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ieZsKfAp,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T00:33:50.276+0000) > > "More likely in my opinion, Riot has ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE. > > A few bad apples, got away with inappropriate behavior for years... a few new employees saw this, and jumped on the bandwagon... > > People are apes after-all, and have a tendency to act shitty / copy shitty behavior they see." > > Was in the same post. > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > > Truthfully, if a woman felt so treated she SHOULD HAVE RECORDED THAT SHIT! > > I could make wild accusations against anyone.... > > I believe the accusations are true, because it fits into the world as I see it. > > However if a woman said "I've been abducted by aliens 5 times" and I say, "show me the evidence" am I a shitty asshole? > > Riot did not deny anything, they apologized... > > But none the less, as a society, we can't just believe everything a person says. > > -------------------------------------------------------------- > > One time a drunk girl, roughly my age, was on my dads back porch, with a tiny dog on a leash. > > I was also a bit drunk, so I don't remember clearly, but I was flirting with her, and it was pretty clear she was not interested. > > So I'm standing there smoking my cig, and she starts to fall over. > > The leash, was tangled in the leg if a chair, and as she fell she was pulling the leash. > > The dog was getting yanked into the chairs legs, and it seemed this drunk chick was about to decapitate the fucking dog. > > I start saying hey, and kinda grab her arm. > > She screams "Don't fucking touch me" and starts flailing like a fish on land, still YANKING THE DOGS NECK THROUGH THE CHAIRS LEGS! > > For a few crazy, awkward as fuck, drunken seconds, I sort of try and hold her arm, and YELL "DUDE THE DOG" or some shit like that. > > She gets up, goes inside, and starts telling my brother, and friends, that I was sexually assaulting her. > > They of course assume this MUST be some sort of exaggeration all considered. > > 2 minutes later, I'm there on the porch explaining what happened. > > THE SADDEST PART WAS, because I'm a drunk, and a "sex-hound" person, there still seemed to be some doubt in peoples minds as to what > > happened. > > They comforted her, and told her I did not mean it like that. Then kinda gave me funny looks, then walked back inside....... > > In other circumstances, that bitch could have had me killed..... I'm sorry that happened to you, but that's a social justice issue. The fact that people rather side with a woman over a man is an issue and not enough men advocate for men's rights or even their emotional state when something like this happens. Hell this is the reason I believe in social justice, not just for women but for men who are woefully undercut when dealing with society.
Ceazaru (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dqGJ8jP4,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-01T23:58:29.700+0000) > > And you only see that from the vocal minority of the internet. I know a lot of SJWs that think those people over react and only hurt their cause, just like everyone else with whatever affiliation. The only diffrence is that those same people who know the vocal minority on their side are just the ones that scream the loudest will instantly brand the other side as their vocal minority. > > I think some SJW things are true, for instance in gaming where every badass hero is just a badass hero, where every badass heroine needs a traumatic, most likely rapey background to prove that she is badass and independent or whatever the hell lol. > > Hell we can even point it to men, for instance men who are abused let it physical, sexual, emotional etc because men aren't supposed to feel weak so there is no outreach for them on that basis. That is a social justice issue. The thing is I don't really care what developers/artist make. i'm for freedom of creativity i'm also almost a free market absolutist. Basically I think you can do whatever you want as long it's not harming others.
> [{quoted}](name=Ceazaru,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dqGJ8jP4,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2018-09-02T00:06:01.646+0000) > > The thing is I don't really care what developers/artist make. i'm for freedom of creativity i'm also almost a free market absolutist. Basically I think you can do whatever you want as long it's not harming others. I completely agree with you there. I just don't like the hypocrisy (not you) of certain people who think they are championing free speech by trying to limit others.
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ieZsKfAp,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-01T23:00:01.668+0000) > > So basically this boils down to "Well why were you wearing that if you didn't want to get raped?" HUH? That is quite an extreme way of reading my post. Actually, I don't see how I even hinted at that mentality......
> [{quoted}](name=Poro Lord,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ieZsKfAp,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2018-09-01T23:55:11.104+0000) > > HUH? > > That is quite an extreme way of reading my post. > > Actually, I don't see how I even hinted at that mentality...... "First of all, if things are REALLY that bad, WE HAVE IPHONES. Why did these women not record this behavior on audio/video. Why not sue riot so fucking hard they can buy a small island and retire?" Instead of addressing the issue, you ask why they didnt do anything about it, and by that logic that they didn't then it obviously didn't happen.
Ceazaru (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Redcadaver,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dqGJ8jP4,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-01T23:42:25.803+0000) > > I mean you can be like anti-sjws and combat mean sjws with snide comments on the internet by making snide comments on the internet. The difference though is that i'm not advocating for anti-SJW and SJW ideas equally. I think SJW ideas should outright rejected and never taken seriously because they don't contribute to anything. They just finds things to be perpetually offended.
> [{quoted}](name=Ceazaru,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=dqGJ8jP4,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-09-01T23:49:08.540+0000) > > The difference though is that i'm not advocating for anti-SJW and SJW ideas equally. I think SJW ideas should outright rejected and never taken seriously because they don't contribute to anything. They just finds things to be perpetually offended. And you only see that from the vocal minority of the internet. I know a lot of SJWs that think those people over react and only hurt their cause, just like everyone else with whatever affiliation. The only diffrence is that those same people who know the vocal minority on their side are just the ones that scream the loudest will instantly brand the other side as their vocal minority. I think some SJW things are true, for instance in gaming where every badass hero is just a badass hero, where every badass heroine needs a traumatic, most likely rapey background to prove that she is badass and independent or whatever the hell lol. Hell we can even point it to men, for instance men who are abused let it physical, sexual, emotional etc because men aren't supposed to feel weak so there is no outreach for them on that basis. That is a social justice issue.
Ceazaru (NA)
: RIOT IS GETTING WOKE
I mean you can be like anti-sjws and combat mean sjws with snide comments on the internet by making snide comments on the internet.
Show more

Redcadaver

Level 115 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion