: [GAMEPLAY] GP Parrrley on Illlaoi Tentacles
Probably because they aren't coded as minions, unlike literally everything else in the game lol. That's kinda dumb.
: > [{quoted}](name=Remlap1223,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARtsWi2F,comment-id=000800000000,timestamp=2018-01-06T15:15:41.220+0000) > > No he doesn't lol. GP is a tier 1 top laner preseason. He goes even with Vladimir and royally shits on Nasus. > > I've got statistics too, so you can't hide behind "hurr durr Gold V boosted trash" like you Platinum players love defaulting to when they lose an argument. Can't rank deflect statistics. > > http://matchup.gg/matchup/Nasus/Gangplank/TOP > > http://matchup.gg/matchup/Vladimir/Gangplank/TOP 343 game sample size btw, also, vlad has 57% wr vs gp in mid lane with the same shitty website. Vlad is not a good top laner and I never claimed vlad top is good, vlad mid is overpowered though. I'm not plat you mongoloid nor am i anywhere close to being as shit as a plat level player. Learning to read is the first step to get out of gold! You don't even know how to read but you bring up stats? https://cdn.frankerfacez.com/emoticon/128054/4
> [{quoted}](name=EzSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARtsWi2F,comment-id=0008000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-06T16:48:53.783+0000) > > 343 game sample size btw, also, vlad has 57% wr vs gp in mid lane with the same shitty website. Vlad is not a good top laner and I never claimed vlad top is good, vlad mid is overpowered though. I'm not plat you mongoloid nor am i anywhere close to being as shit as a plat level player. Learning to read is the first step to get out of gold! > > You don't even know how to read but you bring up stats? > https://cdn.frankerfacez.com/emoticon/128054/4 I'm getting flashbacks to that one meme where Google says "I have 1,000,000 results that vaccines don't cause autism, and 1 that says they do." You are the lady that grabs the one result and says "I KNEW IT!" 1240 games analyzed versus 343 of yours in a vaccum. And I knew the instant I brought up stats you'd still try to rank bash me anyways. You're barely Diamond, don't even think you're leet if you can't even counterplay Nasus as fucking GP, who is abusing kleptomancy just as bad, if not worse than Nasus is.
: > [{quoted}](name=Remlap1223,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARtsWi2F,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-01-06T09:35:59.468+0000) > > {{champion:41}} Are you trolling? GP can't even lane vs nasus or vlad because he gets rekt by both.
> [{quoted}](name=EzSkillshot,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ARtsWi2F,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-01-06T14:56:33.552+0000) > > Are you trolling? GP can't even lane vs nasus or vlad because he gets rekt by both. No he doesn't lol. GP is a tier 1 top laner preseason. He goes even with Vladimir and royally shits on Nasus. I've got statistics too, so you can't hide behind "hurr durr Gold V boosted trash" like you Platinum players love defaulting to when they lose an argument. Can't rank deflect statistics. http://matchup.gg/matchup/Nasus/Gangplank/TOP http://matchup.gg/matchup/Vladimir/Gangplank/TOP
: Who's going to try any of the champs recommended to them in their 2017 year in review? [POLL]
I'll definitely give Eve a try, but Riot's dreaming if they think I'll play Blitz after they broke his legs, as for Janna, I'm pretty bad with her lol. But she's also pretty busted.
: But like, that Cass thing is literally what strategy is. You're taking a calculated risk, giving up a summoner and paying for a smite item to fight off assassins. I don't see why Riot has to remove it.
Were you around for Smite Shyvana top lane? Or trailblazer Ezreal?
: Her character is supposed to be obnoxious and immature. Which is fine, League doesn't really have a "kid" character yet (gnar?). Her kit is obnoxious but it's really weak to diving. She's super strong on the offensive, which is great for snowballing. Not so strong on the defensive though
{{sticker:sg-lux-2}} {{champion:1}}
: @MMR conspiracy theorists: Stop and ask yourselves a few questions.
I'm not putting on my tinfoil hat and saying that Riot is intentionally sabotaging my games, but if you think matchmaking is fine, especially in Silver and Platinum, you're obviously not paying attention.
: Nasus has no bad matchups in top lane right now. Vlad has no bad matchups in mid lane right now.
: {{champion:40}} still has it. {{sticker:sg-ezreal}}
{{sticker:sg-ahri-2}} I see what you did there.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: So why does it count as dodge if we don't click "ban" or "lock in" again?
Just click lock in? And ban. It's not that difficult. It's there to prevent AFKs. I'd much rather get kicked back to champ select than either 1. Have to waste 5 minutes for a game to be remade because iOnleeMainYasuooo had the Hershey Squirts before a game. 2. Have a game end in a pretty much automatic loss because a jungler AFKd to get some pizza and a soda and didn't set up runes or smite, which leads to at least a 20 minute waste of time.
: Best Voiceover for 2017?
As much as I still think Kayn is an edgelord, the banter between him and Rhaast is great. Between that and Eve's sultry voice and sexual innuendos, it's a tough fight.
: > [{quoted}](name=Professor Ward,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m0avsVx6,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T23:00:41.384+0000) > > your name would also work extremely well?!?! Not happening
> [{quoted}](name=2nd Chance,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=m0avsVx6,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-05T23:09:25.946+0000) > > Not happening {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
: My brother, new to League, made an account. I watched his games to see the new player experience.
Even though I've had this account for 5 years now (holy shit can't believe it's been this long), I still remember my new player experience. Terrible. Because I didn't know how to play the game. As for being matched with toxic shitbirds, that didn't happen. Because I was fairly matched with new players. That's what sucked me into this game in the first place. Now I'm sad because of the state of the game has gone to complete ass since preseason 4.
: "He's still your go-to pooch if you’re new to the jungle, but he’s learned some new tricks."-CT
Tuljan (EUW)
: [GAMEPLAY] Lee Sin can AUTOATTACK while being STUNNED (video)
And Kog can attack when he's dead. There's something funny going on with Hard CC, this isn't isolated to Lee or Kog.
: Game Pacing
Games end in one of three ways. 1. The team that has a fed carry proceeds to shit stomp the enemy team and end the game at the 20 - 25 minute mark (high elo). 2. The team that has a fed carry proceeds to shit stomp the enemy team and proceeds to dick around for 20 minutes, ending the game at the 30 -35 minute mark, but the game was still pretty much sealed for those 20 minutes (#bronze4lyfe). 3. The team that has a fed carry proceeds to shit stomp the enemy team, promptly throw, and turn the game into an extremely tense slug fest due to insanely long death timers, and nobody takes any risks, creating a Frankenstein monster of the worst aspects of Season 5 and 6 (Silver - Gold AKA throw central.) Really, if it wasn't for keystones spicing up the game and creating diversity second only to Season 5's Cinderhulk meta, I would be absolutely done with this game right now. But luckily for me my main is fucking batshit with the new runes and item changes, despite his old AF and outdated kit.
: Is it, tho? It sounds like it would give her really high skillcap, but not too much counterplay at all (since she needs to touch allies, who won't avoid her). So she would be garbage in low elos, and cancer in competitive.
The whole problem with Sona is that all of her skill expression gets thrown out the window late game. It's the Master Yi problem, hence why she is impossible to balance. Doing this would give her actual windows of power, and allow her to be super stronk in the right circumstances.
: Rubick Guy will prob hate me for this suggestion: What if Sona's buffs worked like Fiora's Ult?
WHAT? How the hell have I never thought of this? This is fookin genius!
: If CT champs have "no counterplay" like you claim, why doesn't everyone just spam them into high elo?
Why didn't everyone just spam old Poppy in high elo?
: But clearly yasuo has counterplay or pros would play him every game.
By that logic old Poppy had counterplay because pros didn't play her every game.
: Glad you bring up that point. You people just hate certainly T's champions. I, for one, have no issue with ANY of his champions outside of kalista. I ban Vayne almost every game out of every other champion. It's funny how these preferences relate so much to opinions rather than fact.
Except there is a fact to it. Literally every one of his champions have had to be reworked, or are in need of one. No other designer has that track record. Even abominations like Illoai and Azir haven't been par for the course for Punchbeef or Stoic. And those reworks had a very small scope of changes. I personally still fucking hate facing both of those champions for different reasons, but after their gameplay updates, they're a helluva lot healthier. The only champion that CertainlyT has done that hasn't had an extensive full scale rework or needed one is Zed. Even Thresh, which I don't even mind too much, simply brings way too much to the table to exist in his current state. He's not as a high priority as Yasuo or Zoe, but even Riot admits that Thresh just has way too much shit in his kit.
: Does anybody else feel like Riot's plan for 2018 is to water down all chests with lots of junk?
> [{quoted}](name=PapaGreg21,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=fp9bKO7v,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-01-02T14:49:26.854+0000) > > Everyone kind of rolled over when Riot made recolors cost money and just accepted it. Except they didn't. They got such a huge backlash verbally and in terms of return on investment they reworked the entire system and allowed them to be purchased individually or bundled for a much better price. Hell, when the blue essence shop opened up for the time I scooped up all of Meowkai's chromas. I grabbed all of the available chromas for champs I liked back when IP buying sill existed until I ran out. Don't get me wrong, I fucking hate how shitty chests are now, but if people actually stop buying that shit we'll see some change.
: Alot of hate going out to certainlyT tight now
You're just mentioning champs you hate. The reason virtually everyone hates CertainlyT's champs outside of mains of said champs is because they have no counterplay outside of the person playing it. There's a way to circumvent every weakness in the champion's kit. Don't get me wrong, I hate Fizz and Vlad and Malzahar, but there is meaningful counterplay to them. Leona is a product of the meta, and as annoying as she is, she only carries by proxy. She's overtuned, not broken. Vayne is also a product of the meta. Has meaningful counterplay. Annoying when she's ahead, but I think this is squarely a byproduct of how batshit ADC itemization is right now. Ezreal is actually a very fair champion. The only time he gets out of line is when he breaks an item. In this case, he's abusing a keystone that should have gotten heavily reworked or removed in PBE because it's way too powerful even when it's not giving away items like candy (just look up Dyrus playing Fiora and him getting all the mini items). Despite that, I'd rather face all those champions every game than Yasuo or Kallista, or Zoe once. Why? Because there's counterplay to them besides hope the enemy sucks and cry if they aren't. Azir had that same issue until they reworked him.
: Ekko isn't annoying to play against anymore.
Because they unloaded his kit. Ekko was a balancable champion, but for whatever fucking reason they thought that giving him a slow on his passive on top of the speed boost and the frigging 3 other slows in his kit, and no mana cost on his ultimate was a good idea on release.
: Is anyone actively preventing Thresh from gathering souls in lane?
Yeah. Thresh players actively prevent themselves. It's CertainlyT's way of balancing champions, you counterpick and counterplay yourself.
: vayne needs to be fixed
Oh boy, did the boards cycle back around to whining about Vayne again?
Dr Mercy (NA)
: Because one is constant, while the other is only active half the time. Meanwhile, Wukong is more likely to build Health and resistance items than Jayce.
BS. The most popular Wukong build is lethality and AD, with the only health coming from Black Cleaver. Wukong's passive is simply extremely outdated, and the fact that Jayce can beat it by simply clicking a button when Wukong has to facecheck 5 champions is dumb AF. I'm not saying he needs a buff on his passive, I think giving him a new passive is a much better idea. The one I pitched that got decent traction was giving him Armor and MR equal to his bonus AD if he attacks a champion that hadn't damaged him.
Dewott610 (OCE)
: she can still deplete most your hp with one auto and no abilities powereing it up
Yes, when she's level 16 with two completed crit items.
: or just make it to not proc kleto (like old gangplank q)
WTF are you talking about. Gangplank's Q has always proc'd on hit effects.
: But Swain and Irelia are full VGUs, no? Compared to some other champs, Sona doesn't really look all that outdated, she actually looks pretty nice Honestly a rework without a full VGU might suffice. I know the last one we had was the Ult passive rework, but that was such a basic change. Something more akin to what they did to Xin or RekSai, but a little more in depth.
Her OG kneecapping came with a texture update, that's why she doesn't look like complete ass. She's probably not going to get a rework or visually upgraded because she's got an ultimate skin. Unfortunately all the cool kids with super expensive skins will probably not be reworked anytime soon. Sadly, that includes Yi, Udyr, and a couple others.
Salson (EUNE)
: The buff Turrets actually need
I'd much rather that bonus be added to towers themselves. I have no problem with a 4 man cheese dive as long as it's only for a kill. The problem is after that happens everyone gangbangs the tower and its an automatic first blood.
: How to dumpster a champion 101
As much as I hate Ezreal's stupid synergy with keystones, this is how you Sona Ezreal.
CoffeeMug (EUNE)
: Ez's main problem is his Q and his W. Each time he's in need of a buff,they buff his Q instead of making his W actually good. He would be a good candidate for a mini GU where they rework / shift power from his Q into his W. On side note,don't hate me for this,but kleptomancy is mistake.It's just horrible RNG and every main user of it is extremely annoying to deal with.
But it's good RNG! Just like Zoe! _Do I still have to say Kappa to convey sarcasm?_
: You're right, it never did. Still doesn't change his point about it being a champion-specific change. And I think Klepto should be changed to apply only on auto-attacks, not on abilities proccing on-hit effects.
Problem is that they'd have to redo all the pasta from Mystic Shot and Parrrley because they are technically coded as auto attacks with spell effects.
: Sejuani'd - Sona
They just need to admit that their rework was a failure, a nerf in disguise, and give her a real rework by people who actually GAF about the champion.
SEKAI (OCE)
: Stop taking away lock-on for the sake of it, mobility creeps happen because of nonsense like this. There is no reason to take lock-on away from Yi's Alpha Strike, especially not when you literally replace his entire relevance to be dependent on RNG given the target he even dashes to is dictated by RNG in this design. People seem to like it for some reason, but I strongly disagree. No way in hell will I approve the end target of ANY dash to be almost completed dictated by RNG (there is a reason why despite Yi's hit during Alpha Strike while somewhat random, the end point is always the target he locks onto to cast the spell save for when the target dies before the dash animation is completed), let alone someone like Yi who has always have had his precision based gameplay based on his precise use and timing of Q on precise targets and to dodge things as well as go pass obstacles, now he can't. If you don't even get the core idea of Yi, then you shouldn't even be talking about reworking him. Because you WILL miss the point entirely and create disasters. And it shows, because in this iteration, Yi is a gated AA champion with RNG mobility (that is never a good mobility to begin with, so it's straight up trash) and with the ultimate of his kit dedicated to him being a 1 shot AP assassin imitating that AP Yi absolutely no one is asking for (which also results in this supposed 3 second channel. Like, WHAT? Even if you were to use AP Yi, this is ridiculous. To put into some perspective, Karthus's ultimate that hits all enemy champions globally regardless of distance is a 3 second channel. You really might as well say that Yi doesn't have ulti in this design). Not to mention his core identity, refresh and true damage, are also gone. Why does this champ even exist in this form, if not just to suck ass and be absolutely useless in practice? No. .......... I don't play Wu to judge that part of the OP. But I know enough of Yi and SINCERELY believe this Yi's design is hot garbage. * Yi can not choose who and where he even dashes to, which is just ridiculous. * His AA is gated and doesn't scale well, and if anything it's only shifting him to be a CDR assassin which is completely missing the point of Yi. * This build requires Yi to spread his stat proprieties WAY too thin. No one has got time to focus both CDR, Arm Pen, AS, AD, Magic Pen, and AP all at the same time or be locked out of the vast majority of your own kit. This is just insane. * His core identity of on-kill refresh is gone. * His true damage is gone. * You're just shoving AP 1 shot Yi in here when literally no one is asking for its second coming. His ulti is completely unrelated to his intended build and even only uses secondary scaling than his recommended stats, and even then it also comes at a too much of a drawback to even use. Useless. This Yi is absolutely useless, and his design can barely be called Yi.
Woah, pump the brakes there high speed. Literally all it does is give him an opportunity to use it as an escape while rewarding players for actually using it offensively by giving it basic attack CDR. IDK where you're getting RNG from either.
Onandaga (NA)
: I like the idea of merging his E and highlander together, but it should still be his Ult imo. A bit too loaded for a basic ability.
> [{quoted}](name=Remlap1223,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=eNsFXGXU,comment-id=000a0000,timestamp=2017-12-21T16:17:09.079+0000) > > It has significantly lower movement speed away from enemy champions and no longer grants slow immunity, meaning it's like a Garen Q. That means he can be slowed and crippled while it's active.
An Draoi (NA)
: Yi sounds interesting to say the least, but kind of overloaded. Highlander on a 20 second cooldown? *shudders* Although I can't expect you to balance numbers when Riots balancing team can't either
It has significantly lower movement speed away from enemy champions and no longer grants slow immunity, meaning it's like a Garen Q. That means he can be slowed and crippled while it's active.
Sraeg2013 (EUNE)
: I'd become more "honorable" if I knew requirements for levelling up in this obscure system. The only transparent thing about it is that getting chat restrictions/bans resets Honor.
Or, you can just do what I do and consistently not be an asshole in all your games, and you'll hit honor V and get some goodies you wouldn't have gotten if you are a toxic shitbag.
: Mastery 6 and 7 cost the same as they did pre BE change.
> [{quoted}](name=Lord Dusteon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=tGE5B5uH,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-12-21T01:43:06.597+0000) > > Mastery 6 and 7 cost the same as they did pre BE change. 300 and 800 BE versus 2100 and 3250. Boy that 2000 difference is the same idn't it?
: I like these. They seem fun. Might be a bit OP in some ways, but they are definitely good modernizations of the champions' kits. Have my upvote :) +1
I'm not good with numbers, so i'll need some help to adjust.
: That is how you break the game.
Rioter Comments
Akrid415 (NA)
: Wtf is that garbage? He ate that Ashe ult yet it still disappears into the wind wall. #skill
I think we've got a clear winner on the "most fucked up hitbox in the game" award.
Rioter Comments
: * How can a gunman globally stuns moving enemies? That ult doesnt really fit his theme at all. And you should specify the period where enemies will be stunned after the timer ends. If it is the instance the timer ends, then pro players can just press S at the exact moment to ignore the ability. * His passive really makes him very weak if run out of rounds and abilities. He will have a hard cap of 0.5 AS, which is very very bad. At least Jhin reloads all his bullets at once, and have a big bonus MS to disengage. Garett reloads each at once, so if he gets jump on after using his bullets to farm, he will almost certainly lose the trade. This is further exacerbated with the fact that his abilities need bullets also. Of course he can speed load, but 1.5s of doing nothing is enough for him to lose. And he would not always have his ult up, right? * How many bounces will his Q have? U should specify that. * His E at 6 rounds cost 100 mana. What? And the scaling is very bad. No Garett would want to use this ability to both waste bullets and mana like that. * How fast would he fire with his W? And he should have the option to cancle the abilty, because it can kill him if player uses it untimely or simply misclicks. * Exceeding 2.5 AS. U do know that 2.5AS is very hard to achieve right? It would be a gimmick most of the time. * Overall, he feels very clunky and weird to play. I dont really think Garrett can compete with more efficient marksman like Jhin or Graves who use similar mechanics.
> [{quoted}](name=KelikZenair,realm=NA,application-id=A8FQeEA8,discussion-id=dPPIKFda,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-17T19:05:45.468+0000) > > * How can a gunman globally stuns moving enemies? That ult doesnt really fit his theme at all. And you should specify the period where enemies will be stunned after the timer ends. If it is the instance the timer ends, then pro players can just press S at the exact moment to ignore the ability. It's to give it counterplay. A freaking global stun with zero counterplay would be terrible to play against and would swing games way too much just from having Garrett exist. Not to mention the movespeed and range buff for five seconds. It's mean to be a hard engage tool and play off the passive the ultimate gives him. It would also allow him to double as a jungler. Also, stopping your movement, even for the split second that it would take to negate the stun could be devastating under the right circumstances. > * His passive really makes him very weak if run out of rounds and abilities. He will have a hard cap of 0.5 AS, which is very very bad. At least Jhin reloads all his bullets at once, and have a big bonus MS to disengage. Garett reloads each at once, so if he gets jump on after using his bullets to farm, he will almost certainly lose the trade. This is further exacerbated with the fact that his abilities need bullets also. Of course he can speed load, but 1.5s of doing nothing is enough for him to lose. And he would not always have his ult up, right? Where do you get 0.5 AS from? It takes him 0.5 seconds to load one round. He has a base attack speed of 0.625, which is typical of marksmen. Jhin takes 2.5 seconds to reload. So if you take into consideration 0.5 seconds per bullet, he actually will reload more than Jhin does in less time. 1.5 seconds for two extra rounds at 20 mana? That's nothing. > * How many bounces will his Q have? U should specify that. The initial shot, plus two bounces. I missed that, good catch. > * His E at 6 rounds cost 100 mana. What? And the scaling is very bad. No Garett would want to use this ability to both waste bullets and mana like that. So, if he were to dash into an enemy team, crit them all and make them unable to auto attack for at least 1.5 seconds, while cancelling any channeled abilities they have, how is that excessive? If he just uses it on one champion, that's 50 mana, so the return on investment is pretty damn high. > * How fast would he fire with his W? And he should have the option to cancle the abilty, because it can kill him if player uses it untimely or simply misclicks. He does. Did you read? Let's just say he took precision and domination. That's 18% attack speed, plus the 2.5% base. Double that. That's about 41% increased attack speed. Not much considering it's early game and the damage penalty, but the first round deals 100% damage, can crit, and doubles as an attack reset. That shit will get crazy late game. > * Exceeding 2.5 AS. U do know that 2.5AS is very hard to achieve right? It would be a gimmick most of the time. Double attack speed from all sources? BORK gives 40% attack speed. That's 80% attack speed with the ability. Now put an RFC on him. That's another 60%. So from two items he's already at 140% attack speed. Put a steroid like Ardent Censer or a Nidalee heal, or hell, even another Zeal item and that'll do it. Also, the attack speed per level he gets is also doubled from this ability, so while it's active it's actually a 4.5% growth per level, which would be the highest in the game. It wouldn't discourage building raw damage, but if you went for an on hit centric build for whatever reason you'd get a benefit from that. > * Overall, he feels very clunky and weird to play. I dont really think Garrett can compete with more efficient marksman like Jhin or Graves who use similar mechanics. The most Jhin has is a root and a slow. Graves has one potent slow and is decently mobile. Garrett has a disarm in his kit, a stun, and a decent amount of mobility with his ultimate and E. He also has 50% more ammo than Jhin and triple what Graves does. He doesn't have as potent of an AD steroid that Jhin has, but he has significantly more DPS and crowd control under the right circumstances. Not to mention that from finished crit items he can pretty much do triple damage off of critical strikes if his passive is up.
: > [{quoted}](name=kaironen,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=BUO6g0oL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2017-12-16T03:56:08.012+0000) > > The problem with sona is how she has no skill shots and that she forces you to react to her. I haven't played in bronze in a very long time but I'm assuming that people will not react to her properly at all and will usually lose lane. This leads to her win rate increasing. Also, her late game power has a part in it since bronze has a tendency to throw (not trying to be rude to anyone in bronze, but it is known that they throw more often). In her next rework, they should smooth out her early-mid-late instead of only being amazing at late game (she's great in early game at lower elo I believe). {{champion:37}}'s ult is a skill shot. (Sona Player)
It's pretty idiot proof unless you're the max range away though.
Rioter Comments
: 45% CDR Karthus & my ult goes on full Culldown? + Video
I mean, I don't think that it woulda mattered in that circumstance because they were screwed anyways, but I can definitely see the problem. That's so fuckin weird.
: At least level 1 mastery with a champ for ranked
Wait, so one game? That seems... really arbitrary.
Show more

Remlap1223

Level 55 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion