saltran (EUW)
: Last year everyone bitched for months on BOTH the Boards and Reddit about how boring the Worlds meta was due to how strong enchanters were so now they buff agressive champs to make sure that this Worlds are not "boring".
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U3XZi3vM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-25T18:41:36.191+0000) > > Last year everyone bitched for months on BOTH the Boards and Reddit about how boring the Worlds meta was due to how strong enchanters were so now they buff agressive champs to make sure that this Worlds are not "boring". it means something when Kha's performing very well already though he has a 52% win rate in Diamond+ with none of these buffs being live and an above average 9% play rate that's the definition of an unnecessary buff and will surely push him over the edge the sad part is that I don't think Riot can in good faith claim they didn't see it coming it seems quite disrespectful towards the community because it's so blatantly against logic it's not a change geared at improving the game as a whole. maybe it will give a few cool plays at Worlds and sell some more skins but Riot has eroded a lot of good will in my book. it's hard to believe they're striving for a balanced game state when changes like this go through. this is really short term thinking on Riot's part. they must think people are really dumb to not realize what's going on.
saltran (EUW)
: Last year everyone bitched for months on BOTH the Boards and Reddit about how boring the Worlds meta was due to how strong enchanters were so now they buff agressive champs to make sure that this Worlds are not "boring".
> [{quoted}](name=saltran,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=U3XZi3vM,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-09-25T18:41:36.191+0000) > > Last year everyone bitched for months on BOTH the Boards and Reddit about how boring the Worlds meta was due to how strong enchanters were so now they buff agressive champs to make sure that this Worlds are not "boring". because the goal should be having a diverse meta not a cyclical one swinging from one pendulum to the next
Rioter Comments
: One of the best tips i never hear, especially for junglers and heavy roamers
good point this is even more true if it's a mobile mid like sol or talon
D357R0Y3R (EUW)
: people asked for other classes to go bot since 2011 in 2018 it's possible and they complain about bot lane meta
> [{quoted}](name=D357R0Y3R,realm=EUW,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=xV44YWcU,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-12T17:38:35.419+0000) > > people asked for other classes to go bot since 2011 > > in 2018 it's possible and they complain about bot lane meta It's alright but it can become a balance issue quickly. Some combos will be hard to foresee or understand. Also, I don't want to have my team "experimenting" bot with random lanes that may well be totally unviable.
: League Of Legends: A game with 135 Champions, where only 20-30 of them will only ever get attention
the more champs they add, the harder it is to balance the game the crazy kits of champs like camille or irelia only add to that difficulty there's a point where new champs make the game worse I'd rather have a balanced game than 10 more new champs
Zerenza (NA)
: https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2785809897/231258967?tab=stats This was my most recent game in which i spent the first 10 minutes being invaded by the enemy mid laner, bot laner's, top laner and jungle because i can't 1v1 as my champion. Look at the gold advantage they had until they messed up.
> [{quoted}](name=Zerenza,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=WzGy3v6P,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-05-19T01:18:23.095+0000) > > https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2785809897/231258967?tab=stats > > This was my most recent game in which i spent the first 10 minutes being invaded by the enemy mid laner, bot laner's, top laner and jungle because i can't 1v1 as my champion. Look at the gold advantage they had until they messed up. that kind of happened anyway but this change just magnifies at least Eve is one of the champs that does scuttler really fast with W
: Was Not Sure About Scuttler Changes... Unbiased Verdict: Awful
problem: 1. jg pool becomes extremely defined and much less about style or preference 2. this leads to such champions having much higher pick rates than before -> the less meta picks suffer even more than before not only because the conditions for success are limited but because they now face a jg pool which also tends to crush less meta picks like a knife through butter... I dare you to try something less meta vs Xin, Graves, Udyr and so on... you'll get smacked right back to the fountain 3. being behind is more punished than before so if a non-meta jg pick fails early, as they usually do, they have even fewer chances of coming back and being useful + being behind becomes more mentally draining conclusion: scuttler should not be relevant enough to attract serious organizational team pressure. it even messes with what is enjoyable about jg.
zecastar (NA)
: Have you guys considered giving Ekko a little bit more AS? Not only did many Ekkos (such as Arcsecond) always go Machete and then back to get Talisman after a few camps, but the AS on Machete was super helpful to use his passive on the Raptors and Krugs. He was under-performing a bit last patch and I think he's in the same spot right now. You guys buffed his passive vs monsters at the start of the season so I really hope jungle becomes a well-supported role for him and not an afterthought. His kit makes sense for both roles. I'd really like to know Riot's plans on this because it would really suck to invest in his secondary role and find it abandoned down the line. Moreover, the mana regen changes are good for him and exactly because mana isn't a big issue (if you take the first 2 blues), it would be preferable to have MS on Runic Echoes. The changes this patch are supposed to be favorable for AP junglers but in Ekko's case I think they're a bit mixed and even more so considering that JG got nerfed overall. BTW: Another benefit of a little more AS is that it would make some of his off-builds a tiny bit better. Nashor's is not considered a good Ekko item atm but more AS would help with its passive and Gunblade would also be a tiny bit better since you might get an extra auto in to benefit from the 40 AD on it. GB is a decent Ekko item for the slot but most Ekkos have stopped buying it because of the sort of wasted gold spent on AD. One of my favorite things about Ekko is how flexible he is both as a champion and in itemization.
> [{quoted}](name=zecastar,realm=NA,application-id=A7LBtoKc,discussion-id=teIymOoE,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-05-16T22:03:33.008+0000) > > Have you guys considered giving Ekko a little bit more AS? Not only did many Ekkos (such as Arcsecond) always go Machete and then back to get Talisman after a few camps, but the AS on Machete was super helpful to use his passive on the Raptors and Krugs. He was under-performing a bit last patch and I think he's in the same spot right now. You guys buffed his passive vs monsters at the start of the season so I really hope jungle becomes a well-supported role for him and not an afterthought. His kit makes sense for both roles. I'd really like to know Riot's plans on this because it would really suck to invest in his secondary role and find it abandoned down the line. > > Moreover, the mana regen changes are good for him and exactly because mana isn't a big issue (if you take the first 2 blues), it would be preferable to have MS on Runic Echoes. The changes this patch are supposed to be favorable for AP junglers but in Ekko's case I think they're a bit mixed and even more so considering that JG got nerfed overall. > > BTW: Another benefit of a little more AS is that it would make some of his off-builds a tiny bit better. Nashor's is not considered a good Ekko item atm but more AS would help with its passive and Gunblade would also be a tiny bit better since you might get an extra auto in to benefit from the 40 AD on it. GB is a decent Ekko item for the slot but most Ekkos have stopped buying it because of the sort of wasted gold spent on AD. One of my favorite things about Ekko is how flexible he is both as a champion and in itemization. One day I will reach 50% winrate on jungle {{champion:245}}!
: then we'll be right back at square one. Buffing the turrets would negate the fact that they buffed ap dmg dealers turret dmg in the first place. If you're pleased with ap dmg on turrets then wanting turret buffs is counter-intuitive
> [{quoted}](name=Chibi Bronzlife,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=XTt9w1Hv,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-06T06:23:20.900+0000) > > then we'll be right back at square one. Buffing the turrets would negate the fact that they buffed ap dmg dealers turret dmg in the first place. If you're pleased with ap dmg on turrets then wanting turret buffs is counter-intuitive the point of an AP damage buff wasn't to make turrets worthless but to no longer require ADCs
KuraSei (NA)
: Please ban this. You must act Riot
All I've got to say is here: https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/0JIhtyBM-the-trolls-have-won-and-are-immune-to-criticism-punish-the-victims-instead?show=flat&comment=00280000
: Its true, the trolls are in full power. Theres another post about a troll who admitted to reporting players for no reason and laughing at them for getting instant feed back and the moderators seeming to think thats just fine. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/nVQnuAMk-oh-yes Good players who dont troll get permabanned for trying to get their bans appealed. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/fyhhg7iE-looks-like-they-permabanned-me-because-i-couldnt-give-them-the-exact-date-the-account-was-made-on
> [{quoted}](name=JusticeReigns,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=0028,timestamp=2018-05-05T01:15:38.469+0000) > > Its true, the trolls are in full power. Theres another post about a troll who admitted to reporting players for no reason and laughing at them for getting instant feed back and the moderators seeming to think thats just fine. https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/nVQnuAMk-oh-yes > > Good players who dont troll get permabanned for trying to get their bans appealed. > https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behavior-moderation/fyhhg7iE-looks-like-they-permabanned-me-because-i-couldnt-give-them-the-exact-date-the-account-was-made-on I have no problem with punishing people who are actually hateful, mean spirited and just verbally abusing others randomly or for little more than a misplay. That doesn't violate my expectations of fairness. However, the idea that you can't defend yourself in any way (not talking about retaliation or insults) or criticize trolls is just alien to me and seems grossly unfair. I've had one account where I got chat restricted for the first time for calling a literal inter spamming emotes at enemy turrets childish and telling him he needed therapy. This is how that chat log looks: > "are you legit inting? wtf" > "this some kind of power trip? need a self-esteem boost by having the power to ruin others' games?" > "we can still win if you just stop being so childish" > "no one even did or said anything to deserve this" > "enjoy the free win... and hope you don't get this guy in your games" > "do you get a hard-on from ruining 20 minutes of 4 other people's enjoyment and climb?" > "you need professional therapy" > "this is disgusting and I hope you get that permaban soon... sick of trolls" This guy goes like 1/21 while saying "Oops" and "didn't think I'd die there guys! MY BAD!" and the sadistic shit actually reports me so I get chat restricted. I talk to support and they tell me how it's best to mute and that it's rude to suggest someone is childish or in need of therapy and that threatening to report (the perma comment) can also be considered harassmnet. Are these people even real? WHAT? That violates all sense of ethics and every shred of logic in my being. This guy trolls the hell out of my game and I get punished for being unhappy about it. I guess by this standard, if there's a guy stealing my TV and defecating on my kitchen table, I should just smile and say "thanks for the redecoration and brand new scent." If I post that log here, guys like Chermorg would be DEFENDING him and telling me how I am being TOXIC for not being positive in this situation. I can see it now: > _**"People don't like to be called inters or to be accused of trolling. This is negative behavior that creates a toxic environment for players and qualifies as harassment. To suggest someone is childish for the way they play is very arrogant and bossy behavior. You're putting yourself on a pedestal and talking down to others. Saying people ruined your game makes them feel bad and suggesting professional therapy is pretty rude and you are not qualified to diagnose them. In fact, this is considered insulting by many and these comments don't help you win or contribute to a healthy team environment. Furthermore, suggesting someone should get a perma is bullying them and threatening them with reports. This again is not acceptable behavior. Your punishment is deserved and these comments are not appropriate in our game. Just mute and report if needed."**_ And the funny thing is, this wouldn't even be that wrong in most cases but not when you have someone doing that and you're just venting while getting a literal 1/21 intentional feeder. If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck... This is why context matters and why we need the old Tribunal with actual human beings who are able to see the whole chat. The current system is not only awful but actually unfair and in many ways worse than no system at all because it punishes victims as much as the instigators and people who really deserve it.
: @OP I've worked with someone who does the exact same thing you did. No cursing, no overt criticism, just a near constant stream of "Do this" and using what someone should be/was doing as weapons. She's been called out multiple times, mostly be coworkers and a couple by supervisors, on her attitude, but nothing really changes. I suspect it's mostly because she's been their forever and it's near impossible to find and keep enough people staffed (hint: we've had people leave specifically because of her). I had a recent blow up with her and the supervisor pulled both of us to figure out a solution. I have little to no confidence it'll actually change anything, mostly because she's usually careful to harrass people when no one else can hear it. In game? Everything said gets recorded. So, when I see chat logs like yours get punished? I kind of see my coworkers name at the top.
> [{quoted}](name=AJStarhiker,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=0029,timestamp=2018-05-05T13:31:33.121+0000) > > @OP > > I've worked with someone who does the exact same thing you did. No cursing, no overt criticism, just a near constant stream of "Do this" and using what someone should be/was doing as weapons. She's been called out multiple times, mostly be coworkers and a couple by supervisors, on her attitude, but nothing really changes. I suspect it's mostly because she's been their forever and it's near impossible to find and keep enough people staffed (hint: we've had people leave specifically because of her). > > I had a recent blow up with her and the supervisor pulled both of us to figure out a solution. I have little to no confidence it'll actually change anything, mostly because she's usually careful to harrass people when no one else can hear it. > > In game? Everything said gets recorded. So, when I see chat logs like yours get punished? I kind of see my coworkers name at the top. You're making the incorrect assumption and leap that this chat log is representative of my average game. I was frustrated by a series of really troll games and I think justifiably so. There's a limit to what can be considered "just a bad game." Repeatedly running in 1v4 straight into a visible full enemy team after mass spam pings back and without your team there is definitely stretching that definition. You have no context and think I'm just being impolite or criticizing every mistake. I don't criticize reasonable mistakes, mechanical outplays, unlucky ambushes etc. This is the problem with these sorts of logs. Everything always seems so much worse because people are notoriously bad at generating context even when they try to. You just jump to what you think is the average situation or what would justify the label given to this person. Don't make unsupported extrapolations. In fact, most of my accounts get to Honor 3+ when I play more on them. You didn't see the game and you didn't see the rage directed at me either even in the most ridiculous scenarios. For example, top lane goes 0 3 solo in lane and blames me for not ganking early even though I started the top buff and I'm playing Ekko JG. After I already cleared my JG she told me how awful I was for not level 2 ganking her lane and that it was all my fault. Ekko isn't strong early, clears poorly and all he has is Q-W to gank. She also tells me how my pick is garbage and so on. I don't even mind that she has that opinion but it seems hypocritical coming from a Karma top who got shit on in lane 1v1. I don't lash out and harass someone for their play or opinion, but I will point out inconsistencies in their story and when things don't add up. Does being 0 3 with no jungler interference in your lane make it your JG's fault? If you pick an awful top laner, especially for the matchup and get destroyed while also building incorrectly, does it make sense to blame the JG's pick and play? BTW: As far as typing, it's not like I sit still and just make some comment. As a jungler, there's a decent amount of time when backing or going between camps. Plus, I'm a fast typer and I don't think I'm missing anything while doing it at the times I did. I wouldn't do it when planning a gank, fighting, clearing etc.
Rioter Comments
Xonra (NA)
: You don't need to be toxic or an ass to "express yourself". You shouldn't be able to randomly speak your mind when it is just cutting other people down and flaming people. I am however more than happy to stick people like you somewhere else in this game because I'd prefer getting you out of my experience as much as you want your own. Riot, however, is never going to do that so just stop being toxic. It really isn't that hard. I've been playing since 2010 and have not gotten as much as a warning, and I curse in game, I've complained now and then at teammates, but there is a point where you have to not be a toxic d-bag about it. You can "express yourself" without needing to be toxic about it.
> [{quoted}](name=Xonra,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-05-03T22:53:44.315+0000) > > You don't need to be toxic or an ass to "express yourself". > > You shouldn't be able to randomly speak your mind when it is just cutting other people down and flaming people. I am however more than happy to stick people like you somewhere else in this game because I'd prefer getting you out of my experience as much as you want your own. > > Riot, however, is never going to do that so just stop being toxic. It really isn't that hard. I've been playing since 2010 and have not gotten as much as a warning, and I curse in game, I've complained now and then at teammates, but there is a point where you have to not be a toxic d-bag about it. You can "express yourself" without needing to be toxic about it. You'd think so but actually fairly mild critical and even constructive comments do lead to chat restrictions now. This wasn't the case a few years ago. At this point you're unsafe to criticize almost anything.
Kei143 (NA)
: The real question is, why would you even need to ask for reports? More reports doesn't get anyone punished faster in anyway what so ever. So why even ask for it?
> [{quoted}](name=Kei143,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=VPm8RGEZ,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:36:51.682+0000) > > The real question is, why would you even need to ask for reports? > > More reports doesn't get anyone punished faster in anyway what so ever. > > So why even ask for it? Many times it's just to vent and make sure people are aware and don't forget. I'd only ask that when it's a very clear cut situation.
Elohaven (NA)
: If I could have my cup of tea in this, assuming that your post is showing all of the information of the chatlogs, I would say a chat restriction isn't deserved. Chermorg, the Advisor below, is arguing that your punishment is deserved due to you stepping upon a pedestal and calling out actions in a bossy manner while implying negative statements at others or indirectly calling them names. I strongly disagree with the Chermorg's argument as implication is not action and anything can indirectly mean another thing - it is based on subjectivity and context. He is also basing this on the old tribunal which is old for a reason. I will say that you do have negative remarks but not enough to give a chat restriction. It's clear that you are holding back rage, replying to remarks, and trying to suggest alternatives. You could always be more positive, but we all know reality is we're humans and we don't put a smiling face when someone harasses us and say "Good day to you too! Love you but please don't do it again." If your statements are offensive, then the terms "fucking GET THE TOWER MAN" should be a toxic offense that should be chat restricted. The issue with chatlogs is that we have different perceptions and fucking can be in a positive or negative context so we must make that comment neutral. Of course, there are purely negative statements like "KYS" which shouldn't be tolerated but you didn't do that. You even apologized despite the frustration you had. Now, is it toxic to say "I blamed mid". Absolutely not. I see this as a comment made as a statement but not as an insult. In a game, you can argue about what decision cost it. "Hey, Vayne - I blame you for the loss at baron since you didn't teamfight with us." And Vayne can reply "I disagree though. I was holding our nexus from being destroyed by the splitpushing Nasus and saved it." This isn't toxic because it's an argument and can be taken as criticism. You gave a point but nobody countered it. In real life, you're not punished for this and those who feel offended are simply left? Why? Because you have the right to feel offended, but offense doesn't make you right. I can go through a large portion of these lines and deconstruct why they are neutral/arguably fine. As I said earlier, they can also be taken completely negatively. I don't believe this oversteps the line of toxicity and warrants a punishment. I see this as a subjective punishment - not an absolute punishment. It's arguable that you shouldn't be punished and arguable that you should. However, from my perspective, you shouldn't.
> [{quoted}](name=Elohaven,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2018-05-03T23:22:55.791+0000) > > If I could have my cup of tea in this, assuming that your post is showing all of the information of the chatlogs, I would say a chat restriction isn't deserved. > > Chermorg, the Advisor below, is arguing that your punishment is deserved due to you stepping upon a pedestal and calling out actions in a bossy manner while implying negative statements at others or indirectly calling them names. > > I strongly disagree with the Chermorg's argument as implication is not action and anything can indirectly mean another thing - it is based on subjectivity and context. He is also basing this on the old tribunal which is old for a reason. > > I will say that you do have negative remarks but not enough to give a chat restriction. It's clear that you are holding back rage, replying to remarks, and trying to suggest alternatives. You could always be more positive, but we all know reality is we're humans and we don't put a smiling face when someone harasses us and say "Good day to you too! Love you but please don't do it again." > > If your statements are offensive, then the terms "fucking GET THE TOWER MAN" should be a toxic offense that should be chat restricted. The issue with chatlogs is that we have different perceptions and fucking can be in a positive or negative context so we must make that comment neutral. Of course, there are purely negative statements like "KYS" which shouldn't be tolerated but you didn't do that. > > You even apologized despite the frustration you had. Now, is it toxic to say "I blamed mid". Absolutely not. I see this as a comment made as a statement but not as an insult. In a game, you can argue about what decision cost it. "Hey, Vayne - I blame you for the loss at baron since you didn't teamfight with us." > And Vayne can reply "I disagree though. I was holding our nexus from being destroyed by the splitpushing Nasus and saved it." This isn't toxic because it's an argument and can be taken as criticism. You gave a point but nobody countered it. In real life, you're not punished for this and those who feel offended are simply left? Why? > > Because you have the right to feel offended, but offense doesn't make you right. > > I can go through a large portion of these lines and deconstruct why they are neutral/arguably fine. As I said earlier, they can also be taken completely negatively. I don't believe this oversteps the line of toxicity and warrants a punishment. > > I see this as a subjective punishment - not an absolute punishment. It's arguable that you shouldn't be punished and arguable that you should. However, from my perspective, you shouldn't. Thanks for your thoughts and you're right that I was holding back some rage. I just want to make a quick clarification on the "I blamed mid" statement. The top lane Garen who was basically inting and just randomly walking into the enemy team with full vision and despite back pings was raging pretty hard and telling us how shit we were. He was a pretty stereotypical flamer. Someone watched him int several times into the full enemy team and said, "weren't you the one blaming mid?". While he did blame mid along with everyone else, I think this player was confusing Garen with me and I wanted to set the record straight out of fairness. This in itself shows how important context is. Who would guess that this is what I meant when I said "I blamed mid"? I did blame mid for some things but that's not what was meant here.
Kunii (NA)
: Should I Quit LoL?
As long as you're not first timing random stuff in ranked, your teams aren't going to suffer for it because your MMR is reflective. Moreover, you play rather high skill cap champs and that's probably your biggest issue. Playing those optimally is hard and that means you're not able to utilize the picks well enough to climb since a lot of their kit is locked out due to your ability not being there yet. The game is hard enough without having to worry about complicated kits.
: Hit Master on my main account 2 weeks ago. Here's what I've learned.
I agree completely on minimizing mistakes over maximizing plays. I think this only starts to change a bit in competitive.
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Jerry SeinfeId,realm=EUW,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=000d000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-05-03T17:23:48.894+0000) > > oh, you're pretty much the same as him. coulda just said so, wouldn't have had to waste my time on you then. > bye. I am not that person lol. In fact, it would be physically impossible if you look at the games I played in the last few days and his own games in the same timeframe. I don't even play his role or champions and nor have I ever played/talked with him.
Chermorg (NA)
: > Game 2 > RiftScuttlerOP: report our afk top > > RiftScuttlerOP: but honestly you really should roam > RiftScuttlerOP: you just sit and farm vs kass > RiftScuttlerOP: he massively outscales > RiftScuttlerOP: you don't even pink twitch jg > RiftScuttlerOP: so we can collapse > RiftScuttlerOP: no pressure > RiftScuttlerOP: just farming > RiftScuttlerOP: and now you can't lane vs him without mr > RiftScuttlerOP: ahri have you bought any pinks at all? > RiftScuttlerOP: only my pink is ont he map > RiftScuttlerOP: really frustrating to see us do nothing vs a twitch jg So, yeah, this is criticism. Parts of it are even *constructive* criticism (saying they aren't putting pressure, are just farming, need mr to lane, etc). However, the **tone** of this portion of chat is extremely "I'm the boss, listen to me, mother knows best" - which is **not** a tone players want in League and is a tone that has been consistently punished since Tribunal days. > RiftScuttlerOP: love how draven refused to come > RiftScuttlerOP: even though we'd take it 2x as fast > RiftScuttlerOP: and not have any risk Using sarcasm to make it look like the chat isn't toxic doesn't work. This isn't 1980, nobody's that dumb > RiftScuttlerOP: be quiet, I hard carried this game early > RiftScuttlerOP: you guys just didn't let me Trying to justify the blaming and bossing by claiming they're the most important player on the team. > RiftScuttlerOP: you didn't even leash > RiftScuttlerOP: you were afk More blaming. > RiftScuttlerOP: and you picked a useless top > RiftScuttlerOP: way worse than ekko jg > RiftScuttlerOP: believe me And the icing on the cake - more blaming at the end, trying to claim that, again, they're much better than their teammates and should be listened to all the time. ---- This isn't nitpicking. I literally just copied **the entire log** and removed any lines that were not part of toxic behavior. It being *subtle* and *looking nice* doesn't make it okay.
> [{quoted}](name=Chermorg,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=0JIhtyBM,comment-id=000000000000000100000001000000010001,timestamp=2018-05-03T15:41:46.009+0000) > > > And the icing on the cake - more blaming at the end, trying to claim that, again, they're much better than their teammates and should be listened to all the time. > > ---- > This isn't nitpicking. I literally just copied **the entire log** and removed any lines that were not part of toxic behavior. It being *subtle* and *looking nice* doesn't make it okay. Ever heard of smurfs? Some people really are better at least in certain games and some calls are far superior to others. Someone making calls isn't some power trip or bossing people around. It's contributing to the game with leadership and many players have no desire to make calls but feel obligated to because otherwise the teams make the wrong calls. If someone is so ego invested that they can't analyze a call and instead just hate the idea that someone dares to suggest what the team should do, they need to grow the hell up and not play a team game. Are you denying varying skill levels? Even having more confidence in yourself is a crime? I've had accounts in Silver as a player who tops out several tiers higher. This was mostly due to picks I wasn't good at combined with bad luck in matchmaking. It wasn't my calls keeping me down. Of course I think I'm better than those Silver players at calls and rightly so. In fact, I'm better at nearly every aspect when playing my main picks. So what? Why does that bother you? If you actually see my calls and predictions work out in the game, then why be upset that I think I'm far better at the game? Maybe I put more time into understanding the game, so the real arrogance is the stubborn Silver player who refuses to see reason. If you don't have hundreds of games, there's a good chance someone will be significantly better or worse than the average skill of a player at their rank.
Chermorg (NA)
: >Just got chat restricted because I guess the trolls in my game didn't like that I wasn't happy with their choices. No, you were chat restricted because instead of being a victim, you used their crimes to justify committing crimes of your own. The fact that other people have committed theft does not give you the right to go do so. This isn't a "but they did it first" or "everyone *else* jumped off a cliff" scenario. You're responsible for your actions. >and being incapable of viewing either the game or the full logs to see what/who I'm responding to. Riot is **more than capable** of viewing the game and the full chat logs. They do not normally do so because **it doesn't matter**. You're responsible for your chat. You choose to hit enter. You choose to type. You choose to hit enter again to send the message. That's three things that nobody else forced you to do. >Honesty not allowed, criticism not allowed, analysis not allowed. Honesty, criticism, and analysis are allowed. Harassing and insulting other players is not. You were doing the latter. >They can int games and that's OK. They can AFK and that's OK. Those things are not OK. Those things are very commonly punished. Even so, it does not give you a free pass to be toxic in chat. >It's not like I called them retards or told them to jump off a bridge. You don't have to use hateful and offensive speech to be insulting and abusive.
Oh please, there were no crimes. Get off your high horse and stop using such absurd terminology. I gave opinions others may not like. Criticism is not harassment but apparently if someone's criticism isn't sugar coated, then it's treated as such. That's not a crime and this coddling is absurd. Everything I said should be perfectly OK in a competitive game given that context. I'm not insulting them as human beings. I'm calling out exactly what is 100% justified to be frustrated about given the gameplay context. These players are ruining games and it's not just a bit of bad play or under performing. I'm not retaliating or harassing them. I stand by every statement 100%. These players were trolling my games and I pointed that out. Your comments would make more sense if these were not causally linked and justified comments. If someone insulted me and I punched them in the face, maybe you'd have a point. If someone makes horrible scratches on your car with their keys and you say "you ruined my paint job", that's not "retaliation" "harassment" "insulting" or anything comparably equal. It's a natural and totally reasonable reaction. To say otherwise is to deny reality itself. Your cliched responses just don't fit the situation. If it was just a random game where I said someone was inting and ruining a game just because they lost lane, then you'd have a point. When it's literally happening, it's not in the same ball park. Moreover, yes you're responsible for your chat. That much is obvious and they are responsible for their play. The problem is if their play is literally "int into the enemy team" and affects me too. You're apparently penalized for pointing that out. If a thief stole a woman's purse and she called him a thief, she'd be in Riot's jail. You'd be sitting here telling me how she's harassing the thief by calling him exactly that. As far as context, language doesn't ever exist in a vacuum. Even understanding what a phrase or word means can be entirely changed by context. Lacking that is like taking a newspaper article and clipping random sentences. Context is needed for understanding, not as an excuse. Lacking context (even if it's anonymized) is just making a farce of the punishment system's logs. Using a bunch of empty words to make something sound bad when it's entirely justified doesn't change anything. "hateful " offensive" "abusive" "insulting" ... please. You could make a fart sound dangerous. Entirely deserved and gameplay related is more like it. Nothing I said was even intended to offend or harass, it was just an assessment of the situation and frustration at it. Along the way, I provided some constructive criticism too (like for Ahri to roam vs Kassadin after pushing rather than just farming for 25 minutes till she gets outscaled, especially while I have a lot of pressure on the enemy JG and deep wards). This system is BS and you parroting the same old lines when they don't fit at all doesn't help. You're part of the problem and a way bigger part of it than me venting some frustration at actual trolls. I'm quite nice and chill when I don't get random 2nd time Yasuos going 2/12 and getting solo killed several times before I even take my second buff. That's just trolling ranked and they do deserve some flak for it. Showing unhappiness in that situation isn't some "crime", it's just a part of a competitive environment where you depend on your team and someone is not taking it seriously at all while the rest of the team is trying their best. Of course they'll be unhappy and sometimes say something. Insulating them from that just encourages them further and creates a huge bubble between their perception and reality. Believe it or not, criticism and even a few insults sometimes are actually healthy for a competitive mode if they don't go overboard. This isn't a solo game. If one person says "I don't give a shit about my team and I'll play the competitive mode with no clue what I'm doing on this champion I barely play!", they should receive some feedback that it's not OK. Their MMR is based on them playing their normal champions for which they have some basic competence in. If you then randomly decide to Zed for the third time in your life with no real practice behind it, that MMR you have, which the system USES to give FAIR games is totally meaningless. You're heavily punishing your team. The system is massively overestimating your skill in that situation so you're just ruining people's games. That's why people who aren't super seflish try to practice a bit in normals and when they feel like they have a good grasp, they take it to ranked. There are exceptions for champions which are very straightforward and fit your style but certainly not for Zed or Yasuo. And if you do this anyway, at least take some responsibility and don't be mad at people who are frustrated that you just wasted 25 minutes of their time and stole their LP too... turning what was likely a 50/50 game into a 20/80. At least have that basic decency to not be the one to act offended when actually responsible for ruining 4 other people's game. Do the others play perfectly? Of course not but there's a large difference between perfect and totally clueless. BTW: This is about the most I've said in chat and the most annoyed I've been in a game. Normally I don't type very much and also am quite encouraging. I've had quite a few honors in the last few days.
Rioter Comments

RiftScuttlerOP

Level 41 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion