: You may be offline crap.
Getting the same issue here on windows. Tried reinstalling, repairing, and changing regions to no avail. Anyone else getting this problem since the new patch?
: They should really just make heimerdinger turrets
nah, just change the model of his turrets to something more representative of their actual health and damage. Just have him spawn nexus lasers
Rioter Comments
: A Way to Fix Tanks: True Damage Reduction.
or Riot could stop handing out true damage to everyone faster than Oprah hands out new cars
Infernape (EUW)
: Ekko. All of his abilities are telegraphed. His W has a huge delay and has a cue animation/quote from Ekko so you know he has cast it and you can see his ult at all times if you have vision of him. And imo he doesn't have a huge amount of upfront burst compared to other assassins. He doesn't just 100-0 you. He does a little bit of burst, then finishes you off slowly. The only times I've seen Ekkos 100-0 someone without ulting them is when he's ridiculously ahead and a squishy is ridiculously behind. The only unhealthy thing about him is his tendency to AFK push waves and not interact with his opponent early on.
I agree with you almost entirely, I do think that more of his damage should be pushed off of his phase dive and onto his other abilities (as phase dive has the least interaction of this kit) but he is a good example. Thank you for your civil contribution :) {{sticker:slayer-pantheon-thumbs}}
Rioter Comments
SSmotzer (NA)
: Wait a minute... is Pyke Nautilus?
Well I certainly hope that is the case. More likely Riot is just going to heartlessly retcon the deep (pun unapologetically intended) lore that Nautilus had and replace it with this "he's a monster that breaks boats because octo-lady told him to." nonsense. If Riot could stop disregarding the lore of it's old champions, that'd be great. {{champion:33}} {{champion:101}} {{champion:72}} etc...
: tricks you can do with a champ that you might not know about
{{champion:85}} Kennen excels at sweeping an area for stealthed targets. Use his E to cover the area you think they might be hiding (or ult if you feel like it) and wait to hear the sound of your ability connecting. Press W and watch where the lightning bolt connects Fire your Q in the direction of your W to complete the stun
Merlinez (NA)
: Morgana is fucking disgusting and you all know it.
Her black shield being instantaneous, and blocking everything until it is broken, is certainly frustrating and lacks interesting counterplay to a large extent. You would probably get farther by articulating your frustration in a bit more reasonable and less blunt way.
Xevel (NA)
: Why doesn't Draven have execution damage when he's called the grand executioner?
It really is a shame that Draven doesn't fit his character in that aspect. I think they did a really great job of capturing the self-centered part of his character, but it would be nice to see more of the brutal, heartless, executioner part of his character.
: Presumably your side also has a support
That's the point though. They are saying that a Brand support can provide a lot more poke-pressure and wave-clear than a support should be able to.
: There isn't counterplay to it. When Darius's W reduced attack speed you simply could not fight him. There wasn't any strategy to play around it you just lost every single trade and counterplay was non existent
I see what you are saying, but the same could be said about things like self-buffs or cc abilities. I don't think that debuffs themselves inherently lack counterplay, but rather that they have been stapled onto champions that shouldn't have had them in the first place. If you look at how debuffs are implemented in similar games, they are given mostly to characters who lack a way to capitalize on them. This forces tighter team coordination, and provides counterplay in the form of peeling for or protecting a debuffed teammate. Essentially, I agree that debuffs might be frustrating, but I don't think they are any more frustrating than things like stuns or slows. If implemented correctly, I think they could provide a lot of interesting design space.
: How about a champion whos abilities do things like build?
I know, how about we respond to this perfectly legitimate idea (that is similar to, but distinct from other champions that currently exist) with downvotes and pointless responses. Welcome to boards
Lutique (NA)
: Hey Riot, have you ever actually played Jax in 8.x?
I honestly don't have anything to base this off of, since I haven't played Jax or used this item, but is it possible that Jax is another case of a champ being pushed into extremes by the current state of Rageblade? This has (and still does) happened with sheen items before, so I was just wondering
: The enemy adc has to be auto'ing the wave for it to be pushing under tower. I am assuming that brand is the support in the bot matchup. What part works only if brand is alone at bot?
I was pointing out that, in the situation you described, the solution of "having the adc hit the minion waves constantly while farming" would easily be cancelled out by the enemy adc doing the same. This would (with some variation depending on the lane pressure of the adcs involved) stall the wave out in about the middle, which wouldn't solve anything.
: Unless the brand is very fed, you should still be able to farm. To not get pushed in, have the adc hit the minion waves constantly while farming, if the brand pushes it with his abilities, he will have no mana to punish with.
That would work wonderfully if Brand was alone in bot lane....that's how supports work right?
: SOOO Janna can wear a bra and panty set as her main outfit
My impression of the whole {{champion:145}} thing wasn't that her outfit was worse than Janna's in a vacuum, but rather that it isn't true to her character as a survivor in a brutal environment. They aren't saying that chain-mail bikinis are showing too much, they are saying that a chain-mail bikini is a terrible thing to wear into the void.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rindin14,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3mOyAuwY,comment-id=000900000000000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-09T19:58:41.136+0000) > > I understand a bit more about what you are trying to say. > > I would argue, that league without RNG elements would still be far from an environment devoid of randomness. > > A game with no randomness, to me, sounds like a single-player game which usually devolves into some sort of speed-run environment. These can obviously have their own advantages, but that's a completely different topic. > > What makes a game like league (even without any RNG) interesting and re-playable is the infinite "random" elements introduced by the other players. Having nine other human beings (or 4 humans and 5 bots) makes the game far more random and chaotic than most RNG systems could ever hope to be. > > I believe that a competitive, multiplayer, environment like League of Legends doesn't need any built-in RNG. It is random enough simply by having humans involved in the gameplay. To me, a big part of a game is being able to adapt to change. Yes, in solo queue what you say is true: a lot of change happens from the players you're matched with/against and that adds randomness that you can adapt to. In pro play, the new clash setting, etc... (really where Riot seems to be trying to grow), that randomness is no longer there. It's the same as how you could comment that in little league or minor hockey you're going to get a different team every year and you're largely not going to know anyone on the opposing teams, etc... sure, that's true. No one really cares though, that's not the competitive environment. It's still a competition, but it's not the end game. The majors is where you get to eventually if you're the best of the best, and at that level everyone knows everyone else and the teams are a constant, etc... There's no longer randomness introduced there, just like in League's pro play. What it comes down to then, is would the better team just win every game? The answer is probably still no in professional sports. The worse team could just play better on a good day or something. Typically that's because everyone is at such a high level that the difference in the top team that's winning 70+% of their games and the worst team that's winning fewer than 30% is really really small actually. In video games, it doesn't go to nearly the same extent though. How many times does the favorite win a match at worlds? I'm not sure whether it's a lack of randomness, or what else is happening (maybe referees not existing...) but it makes the results somewhat less exciting. It's more similar to chess than it is to professional sports. Having random elements in the game doesn't really punish solo queue at all (they'll balance out for everyone) but can help the pro scene be more exciting. A lower rank team is expected to lose to a higher ranked one, but what happens when they get an early lead off of a lucky crit? Can the better team make the comeback?
I still can't bring myself to see games being swung by random chance as a good thing, but I can't tell you what you may or may not enjoy. At the end of the day, Riot is going to design their game to appeal to the most players. I would like to see them release something official about how they feel about RNG elements, and whether they exist on purpose, or if they want to phase them out.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rindin14,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3mOyAuwY,comment-id=0009000000000000,timestamp=2018-03-08T03:51:55.639+0000) > > You just gave me a list of reasons why wind being part of the game is a bad thing (giving one team an advantage, disrupting the game, etc) and then you use that to justify RNG in competitive games. > > Sure, wind is a factor in physical, outdoor, sports because we can't control the weather. We can, however, control every detail of a competitive virtual environment. > > I'm confused, do you think that RNG is good for competitive games, or just necessary? I gave a list of reasons how wind affects the game more than crit affects league, you inferred that it was bad. My final point, rephrased, is: Adapting to random challenges is part of any competitive game. It's desirable. Practicing in the exact same controlled environment is less challenging, less exciting, and ultimately less rewarding, than succeeding in an environment where some randomness exists.
I understand a bit more about what you are trying to say. I would argue, that league without RNG elements would still be far from an environment devoid of randomness. A game with no randomness, to me, sounds like a single-player game which usually devolves into some sort of speed-run environment. These can obviously have their own advantages, but that's a completely different topic. What makes a game like league (even without any RNG) interesting and re-playable is the infinite "random" elements introduced by the other players. Having nine other human beings (or 4 humans and 5 bots) makes the game far more random and chaotic than most RNG systems could ever hope to be. I believe that a competitive, multiplayer, environment like League of Legends doesn't need any built-in RNG. It is random enough simply by having humans involved in the gameplay.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rindin14,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=3mOyAuwY,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2018-03-07T18:10:55.971+0000) > > Positives? I don't really see what the positives are, but I would love you hear about them. The biggest one is the ability to feel highs and lows. A steady stream of damage simply isn't as exciting as seeing a sudden burst. The next is that it's an anti snowball mechanic. If there was no chance, then even a marginal lead would lead to mandatory respect of engage because you'd guaranteed lose the all in. That seems unfair, as the lead would then be guaranteed to just grow endlessly. It's much better when the lead is small to have the risk of Crit chance making the fight go the other way, so you need to poke them down / win favorable trades before risking the all-in. Likewise gives the behind side the opportunity to outplay trades instead, and deny you the all-in or take it themselves. I responded to this thread shortly after reading another thread talking about Crit, which listed a bunch of positives and negatives. Unfortunately didn't save a link (there were like 7-9 of each though). > Didn't I though? There are very few random elements in this game, and it's possible that I was able to at least make a rough estimate of my opponents damage output and decide that I could win an engage if they crit only X% of the time. These calculations are difficult, but players who can judge damage values accurately should be rewarded for doing so. Highly unlikely that you knew everything that accurately. There's too many variables that could have changed the damage beyond Crit. What if they step into brush right before you would have auto'd, and gain a free auto on you in response? Or what if you planned to do that, but they already had that Bush warded? What if you cancelled an auto attack? What about hitting/missing skillshots? No fight is just two champions standing still auto attacking each other and doing nothing else. All that other stuff varies damage, probably by more than Crit randomness does throughout the fight. Your thought may have been "if I manage to dodge their Q I'll win the all in" then you do Dodge it and still lose because of Crit. And sure, you can blame that on Crit if you are right. However you still chose to go for the fight knowing it was close enough that you'd lose if they hit Q. As your ally, who doesn't know who will outplay who, I'd rather you just not try it in the first place. Most high Elo players who actually could know damage that accurately don't go for that risk in the first place. > The OP is talking about improving a RNG based system by incorporating intelligent and intuitive scaling mechanics and you are accusing people of using a random game-element as an excuse? Sure, people blame crits for lost fights, but at worst they engaged when they shouldn't have and would have blamed something else anyway, and at best they actually would have won the fight if not for a statistically unlikely amount of crits due to neither player's skill. I wouldn't call it intelligent or intuitive. Damage amplification is not an intuitive stat to exist, how does it differ from AD? Like I don't mean multiplicative versus additive, I mean why would something grant one instead of the other? Crit however just means you're aiming for a more vulnerable spot and when you hit it your damage is higher. It makes sense. > > How many random mechanics are there in League of Legends in it's current form? > This is tough. Yes, there aren't many. There shouldn't necessarily be many. That doesn't mean any random component is necessarily bad though. > > Sure RNG is a fun mechanic in more casual games, or as something to increase difficulty and tension in a strategy game, but competitive (E-sports in particular) games like League are not the correct place to utilize random effects like this. > > Look at any major competitive sport. Baseball teams don't randomly shuffle order of the bases, Football teams don't get to move the ball three extra yards when they roll a 20, and Smash Bros. competitions remove items in an attempt to cut down RNG. In major sports, the wind can be a much more powerful random component than anything in league could ever hope to be. A strong wind in the first half of a soccer game that dies by the second half? That's a huge advantage for one team. Baseball could be affected by one team tending to favor hitting to one side more, resulting in more foul balls hit with the wind. In tennis, strong winds heavily favor players that hit with a lot of spin (as the spin helps the ball cut through the wind and go where intended) whereas heavy hitting flat strokes miss far more. Etc... That's one simple element that can be RNG for competitive sports. Now when's the last time you hear an athlete blame a non-hurricane wind for a loss? The only one I saw was a few years ago at the US OPEN (tennis) when it was so windy things literally flew into the court (they ended up calling off the match and resuming later). The point is that wind is part of the game. If you can't win on a windy day, you shouldn't be a pro in the sport. Likewise Crit is a part of league, and in fact many video games. > > TL:DR > Crit is a fundamentally RNG based mechanic in it's current form. > RNG isn't always bad, but in a competitive environment, which League strives to be, it is not a good idea. > Players do use it as an excuse, but they aren't always wrong. > Random damage values only serve to cripple skilled players who are able to calculate precise damage output on the fly, without accounting for the random element of a lucky run of crits. > > > {{sticker:galio-happy}}
> The point is that wind is part of the game. If you can't win on a windy day, you shouldn't be a pro in the sport. You just gave me a list of reasons why wind being part of the game is a bad thing (giving one team an advantage, disrupting the game, etc) and then you use that to justify RNG in competitive games. Sure, wind is a factor in physical, outdoor, sports because we can't control the weather. We can, however, control every detail of a competitive virtual environment. I'm confused, do you think that RNG is good for competitive games, or just necessary?
: No, random bonus damage has a lot of positives, even if it has negatives. I say it every time it comes up: if you're going for an all in where a lucky Crit made a difference, you didn't know for a fact going in that it would have gone the other way if Crit happened at the expected value. You took a risk, and sure maybe the risk should have worked out given how EVERYTHING else played out, but also given how they got 3 Crits throughout the fight instead of the expected 2, you lost. And that's part of the threat that your opponent brings. Auto attacks may have been cancelled, abilities may have been missed, timing may have been outplayed with bushes, etc... and yet this playerbase is fixated on Crit being the reason they lose fights. It's an excuse for you guys, it's not a problem. No one evaluates down to a single auto attack whether they could have won an engage or not. Critical strikes have been a random mechanic in many games and have never been a huge problem anywhere else, and league is no different. The only reason people discuss it as a problem is because everyone wants an excuse for why they're bad, because the standard to be "good" in this game is absurd.
> No, random bonus damage has a lot of positives, even if it has negatives. Positives? I don't really see what the positives are, but I would love you hear about them. > if you're going for an all in where a lucky Crit made a difference, you didn't know for a fact going in that it would have gone the other way if Crit happened at the expected value. Didn't I though? There are very few random elements in this game, and it's possible that I was able to at least make a rough estimate of my opponents damage output and decide that I could win an engage if they crit only X% of the time. These calculations are difficult, but players who can judge damage values accurately should be rewarded for doing so. > this playerbase is fixated on Crit being the reason they lose fights. It's an excuse for you guys, it's not a problem. The OP is talking about improving a RNG based system by incorporating intelligent and intuitive scaling mechanics and you are accusing people of using a random game-element as an excuse? Sure, people blame crits for lost fights, but at worst they engaged when they shouldn't have and would have blamed something else anyway, and at best they actually would have won the fight if not for a statistically unlikely amount of crits due to neither player's skill. > Critical strikes have been a random mechanic in many games and have never been a huge problem anywhere else How many random mechanics are there in League of Legends in it's current form? Which dragon spawns (same for both teams and might slightly impact strategy) Zoe bubbles (In flavor with the champion and recently toned-down because the RNG could high-roll and break the laning phase Zyra plant location (somewhat controlled by where you stand, and not terribly impactful. Also she has the option to choose locations with an ability) Anything else? I am probably forgetting something, but the point remains. The RNG based elements in League have been systematically removed in an effort to make sure that a skill-based game isn't determined by a roll of the dice. Sure RNG is a fun mechanic in more casual games, or as something to increase difficulty and tension in a strategy game, but competitive (E-sports in particular) games like League are not the correct place to utilize random effects like this. Look at any major competitive sport. Baseball teams don't randomly shuffle order of the bases, Football teams don't get to move the ball three extra yards when they roll a 20, and Smash Bros. competitions remove items in an attempt to cut down RNG. TL:DR Crit is a fundamentally RNG based mechanic in it's current form. RNG isn't always bad, but in a competitive environment, which League strives to be, it is not a good idea. Players do use it as an excuse, but they aren't always wrong. Random damage values only serve to cripple skilled players who are able to calculate precise damage output on the fly, without accounting for the random element of a lucky run of crits. {{sticker:galio-happy}}
: Can We Get Brand Out Of Botlane
Maybe just make his ultimate require a bit more set-up? His abilities appear to have an interesting "stacking" mechanic where each one that he lands makes the next one worse, but with their current damage output this isn't really necessary. I could get into how I think that manaflow band is creating an unhealthy bottom-lane by itself, but that's a different argument.
Cunky (NA)
: When your team says that your team is lacking a tank and also good DPS
: I don't think tanks should have %max HP to the extent they now do
What!?!?! tank-classes shouldn't also have DPS!?!?!? HERESY!! -Riot's champion design team
Kagame (NA)
: Yasuo wind wall eats urgots ult recast
Well his windwall blocks Ornn's ult, freight trains, interdimensional death lasers, and annoying drunk-texts from your ex, so....yeah it probably blocks Urgot as well.....doesn't make it any less annoying and (probably) unhealthy for the game.
: What, so like the support could attach themselves onto a team, making like a 2 champ one man thing like Cho'Gall? Because I would dig that.
Honestly, I can't stand Heroes of the Storm (and it doesn't run on my Linux machine) but I really enjoy the risks they take with bending the definitions of a "champion." Looking at you Cho'Gall, Abathur, Murky, etc
: I think one of the problems is that ***so*** much of a team's power right now is in the ADC that disabling them with Wither essentially = a won team fight. Unlike an assassin, nasus' (W)ither doesn't care about 1k of Shields.
I have a hard time understanding how Riot could nerf exhaust into the ground and still leave Nasus with a super-exhaust that he can spam at range.
: Some thoughts on the state of itemization
This....this seems like a really good idea honestly. Granted it would make the shop that much more difficult to grasp for new players (at least, if I am understanding your ideas correctly) it would be very interesting to see how this could be implemented.
Yenn (NA)
: It hit 20 minutes and nobody can 1v1 the 0-5-1 Nasus, guess we'll just send 3 people to stop him
Nasus, the champion for people who would rather play farmville than League. Don't have kills? Don't have items? Doesn't matter, just slow whoever does the most damage and then Q to your puppy-heart's content.
Zed genius (EUNE)
: Making tahm feel better to play against
How about we just take away his huge chunks of %health damage so that he doesn't have tons of durability, cc, AND damage
GigglesO (NA)
: Riot, can you let us test a gamemode where there is just a 20% debuff to all damage?
I would like to say that I think this is a good idea. That is all.
: > [{quoted}](name=Rindin14,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kZhb3Eo6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-04T02:33:54.665+0000) > > Personally, I would love to see a Demacian counterpart to Swain. > Some sort of powerful and intelligent leader/tactician that plays around with the "I am a genius and you are nothing but a piece in my game of chess" archetype. > > In order to not just be Swain, I would like to see him taken as a slightly more light and humorous version of the character...but I don't know how to write characters, so whatever :P {{champion:59}} ? I mean, he is the prince and future king.
J4 is perhaps politically the Demacian counterpart to Swain, but his character is very different. We get a sense that he isn't stupid, but J4 is far from being a tactician. His main traits are leadership, determination, and perhaps a deep knowledge of personal combat (lots of time fighting big beasties, in-depth knowledge of how to kill stuff, etc). I'm almost hoping for a character who is shown to be physically sub-par (compared to the superhuman physical condition of the average champion) who makes up for it with scary-high levels of fore-planning and intelligence. TL:DR J4 is Captain America, I want Batman
: > [{quoted}](name=Rindin14,realm=NA,application-id=6kFXY1kR,discussion-id=kZhb3Eo6,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-02-04T02:33:54.665+0000) > > Personally, I would love to see a Demacian counterpart to Swain. > Some sort of powerful and intelligent leader/tactician that plays around with the "I am a genius and you are nothing but a piece in my game of chess" archetype. > > In order to not just be Swain, I would like to see him taken as a slightly more light and humorous version of the character...but I don't know how to write characters, so whatever :P Uncle Iroh from ATLA comes to mind.
I mean, Uncle Iroh would be awesome in any universe.
: Besides VGUs, We Haven’t Had A Demacian Champion Since Lucian
Personally, I would love to see a Demacian counterpart to Swain. Some sort of powerful and intelligent leader/tactician that plays around with the "I am a genius and you are nothing but a piece in my game of chess" archetype. In order to not just be Swain, I would like to see him taken as a slightly more light and humorous version of the character...but I don't know how to write characters, so whatever :P
: Imagine being allowed to be busted for 2 years straight
The reason that Twitch feels busted (at least my theory for why) is that he is allowed to position freely. In the current meta, ADC champions are constantly buffed to make them relevant against the powerful assassins and bruisers that they have to be dealing with. This means that when an ADC positions well, gets enough peel, or isn't focused down, they deal stupid amounts of damage and win games very quickly. Granted this requires that they had adequate time to farm (probably minions, maybe champions) but this is another area where Twitch shines. There aren't many ADC champions in the current meta that can farm safely in the mid-game (they'll get picked off by an assassin, dove by a tank, etc) but Twitch at least has the potential to pick up waves before running away with stealth (this won't work every time, but it's not nothing). So Twitch doesn't necessarily have too much power, his safe farming and free positioning just allow him to fit the meta incredibly well. Also he's annoying to play against, but that's neither here nor there.
: "Removing the unstoppable on ornn is one of the WORST things you can do" - Scarra
Dear gracious this comment thread has gotten so pointless... 40%: Ornn needed to be nerfed and I can't figure out that the argument isn't against that and is actually against the way that the nerf was implemented. 40%: Ornn shouldn't have lost his "unstoppable" ability and I can't figure out how to articulate that in a way that doesn't sound like I am arguing against Ornn being nerfed. 15%: Some sort of unrelated hatred of a different champion, being vocalized in relation to Ornn for some reason. 5%: The usual boards shenanigans. *sighs* Poor Ornn
CatSith (NA)
: Not a good reference, she isn't able to move during her E and avoids damage. Orrn takes damage but ignore CC but is still able to move. I dont understand why people are saying its skill expression when it a very simple ability...
It's a simple ability by itself. When it becomes complicated is similar to the way that Sivir's spellshield works. Beginner level Sivir players use the shield to block a spell and to get some mana. Higher level players time their shield to block important or crippling spells and to swing fights in their favor. Ornn's unstoppable could be used simply as a way to stick to targets and deal damage, but with clever usage it did everything from block blitz hooks to ignoring yasuo's tornado. The point isn't that it's incredibly complex, just that this is another in a trend of Riot nerfing champions by taking away what makes them unique instead of by adjusting numbers.
: > [{quoted}](name=Uni3489,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=tUjyPA7H,comment-id=0031000000000000,timestamp=2018-01-25T12:28:16.194+0000) > > See, it's this kind of baseless statement that makes people hate the boards community. If you could back up that statement with reasons why, then maybe people could see your viewpoint. Of course, you just pull some completely baseless and overly biased statement from nowhere that highlights the fact that you have no idea what any of us are talking about. Lets see facts then; Tanks can combo mages, marksmen, assasains, and some bruisers for a majority of their hp in a single rotation at many points in the game. This is done almost exclusively with point and click abilities and cc. Tanks also scale the best when behind because tank items, while expensive, give literal shitloads of stats. Tanks also provide tons of easy to land, low cd, long duration cc. So effectively this class soaks tons of damage, does tons of damage, and provides massive amounts of cc. Malphite should not go 1/4 and be able to 1v2 a backline (have literally done this). Next up is enchanter supports, mainly lulu, soraka, and janna (Karma and nami are stupid in lane but less so after). These champions use point and click abilities to make whoever is fed on their team literally unkillable. The amount of healing and shielding they apply to a champ is absolutely absurd when you look at the massive utility they give. Raka has an instant cast silence, janna has a point and click slow and an r that disengages and heals, lulu has an ult that basically resets someone to full hp as well as polymorph, arguably one of the most cancerous abilities in the game. On top of this is the fact that support items are super strong. Again, another class that takes almost 0 skill to play but besides tanks is the most impactful in the game right now.
It seems you still haven't grasped the point, so I shall try again. > Lets see facts then; Tanks can combo mages, marksmen, assasains, and some bruisers for a majority of their hp in a single rotation at many points in the game. This is done almost exclusively with point and click abilities and cc You keep coming back to this point of "tanks are too strong and they don't take skill." What I can't understand is, why are you using this as an argument in favor of the recent Ornn nerf? We are not (I restate once again) saying that Ornn shouldn't be nerfed. We are saying that, by removing Unstoppable from his kit, Riot is removing power from an interesting champion in the worst way possible. A way that, while accomplishing the purpose of making him weaker, does so by removing skill expression and outplay potential instead of raw stats. Now, if Ornn is still powerful, it will be because of raw, brainless, stats and not because the person playing him has any idea what they are doing. *sigh* I wish that there was a bit more common sense on these boards..
: "Removing the unstoppable on ornn is one of the WORST things you can do" - Scarra
Is anyone else noticing that a fair number of the posts on this thread are roughly as follows: *ahem* "Ornn needed to be nerfed, his (random ability that is totally unrelated to the changes) is too strong and he totally destroyed me as (some random champion who isn't part of the discussion) when I walked into his w and wasted my cc spell. I'm so glad that they nerfed him." (I added some punctuation and made an attempt at correct grammar, but this is Boards after all) Nobody is making the argument that Ornn didn't need to be looked at. I personally only played him support and have no idea if he needed a nerf or not, that isn't the point. We are simply trying to point out that removing a skill that made Ornn unique and interesting is the worst possible way to nerf him if that is what is needed. It would be very simple to balance the champion pool if they were all carbon copies of the same base model and had no interesting abilities...but that's why I don't play CoD (unnecessary and probably unfounded jab). Please Riot, stop taking away interesting abilities.
: Acting like any tank has any form of skill expression..... nice meme they just press point and click abilities for 1/2 your hp
I mean, it seems to me that you are attempting to voice an opinion in support of the Ornn nerf. What you are actually doing is highlighting the problem with said nerf, that there is no skill expression in the tank class. By removing an ability that was (fairly) unique to Ornn as a form of nerf (instead of turning down some of his damage numbers or reducing his shield etc) Riot is making that problem worse.
Lyngsen (EUW)
: Illaoi issues and overall game issues that rito needs 2 fix.
Formatting....it's important Sorry, that probably wasn't relevant. While I agree that powerspikes are frustrating, the argument could be made that part of having "skillz" is being able to recognize and play around such powerspikes.
Klozetcheto (EUNE)
: IS league of legends toxic?
The game is designed around (theoretically) teamwork, but dying is really bad for your team, kills are tracked prominently and deaths just as much, the ranked system is notoriously imbalanced, and it feels like reports have no consequences (thus no consequences for toxic behavior) so yeah. The game isn't trying to be toxic, but there are certainly elements of gameplay that contribute to a toxic environment.
Rindin14 (NA)
: So here's an unpopular opinion
So I posted this while frustrated about a game and then went to bed shortly after, forgetting all about it until now. 0.o So this post gets attention and all of the other ones that I actually put thought into got nothing....oh well Here are my responses: "it's not an unpopular opinion, stop trying to be edgy" fair point. To be honest, I thought that everyone loved URF and hadn't noticed how divided everyone was on it already. "it's not the game's fault if you have bad internet, get a better computer" etc. I have a decent computer and phenomenal internet (to the tune of about 12-14 ping) but I have played on crappy internet connections and crappier computers, and know how rough it is to deal with. Given enough practice, normals are manageable...URF is not. That's all I wanted to say. "it's just as random and luck-based as normals" While I see what you are saying (and have my own issues with the current meta....like everyone on the Boards) I think we can agree that there are important differences....and that saying that a negative aspect of one gamemode being present in another doesn't make either of them better. "URF only shows up once a year, the other gamemodes already get lots of attention" True, URF only shows up once a year. It also gets an overhaul, fanfare, event, and all the publicity in the world. I would like for that effort and time to be put towards new modes or overhauling old ones. And last but not least: This is all simply the opinion of a (at the time) rather salty player of a free-to-play game. Take it or leave it, don't let me spoil the thing you enjoy, and thank you to everyone who bothered to leave a response. {{sticker:poppy-wink}}
Rioter Comments
: Varus is looking a little...strange...
somebody please tell me this isn't real
Quepha (NA)
: New Varus lore highlights general disconnect between lore and gameplay.
I would say that the problem with Varus's rework is that they took an established and interesting story and chucked it right out the window. I find it hard to grasp why a company like Riot would invest in changing an existing lore that worked the way it was rather than working on filling in one of the many other holes in the rest of their lore
: I, too, hate the new lore but enjoyed the video. It was really well animated, and the bottom of the pit looked awesome. Problem is, unlike Nautilus or Zed, this is a 100% rework of a champion who's lore was actually really intriguing. Sure, vayne or lucian have "Family's dead, time to kill stuff" lore, but neither of them are even close to old varus's lore. You want a same-sex couple in league? Vi and cait. Taric and *any generic male character*, Draven and Draven. Who DOESNT fit the bill? a man with a wife and biological kid. His reason for vengance? He had to SEE the noxians cutting down his neighbors and family. and do *nothing*. Duty before family. The lore was never expanded on because varus is a niche ADC to most people. Strong, but niche. I bet most people forgot he existed. If they HAD updated the lore to be modernized *without* scrapping his gimmick completely, he could have gotten more attention. His voice lines make no sense. "I'm on borrowed time." "Beware a man with nothing to lose" "When you dance with death, lead" In the old lore, he was being consumed slowly, on a timer to his death, and he wanted to take noxus down with him Now? OH GEE ITS A GAY COUPLE AND A DEMON, IMMORTAL, FIGHTING FOR CONTROL OF A WEIRD NEW BODY I dont think ANY of them are on borrowed time. They HAVE things to lose (Varus has the darkin sister, and Val and Kai have eachother), and ONCE AGAIN, _THEY ARENT ON A TICKING FUSE TILL DEATH. THERE'S NO "DANCING" NOR "LEADING"_ Naut and Varus are 2 of the new lores i wish hadn't been changed, they were fine as-is. {{sticker:slayer-jinx-unamused}}
> You want a same-sex couple in league? Vi and cait. Taric and *any generic male character*, Draven and Draven. > > Who DOESNT fit the bill? > > a man with a wife and biological kid. This is exactly my problem with the changes. The re-write to Varus's lore is not something I personally find terribly interesting. The writing in the comic is...fine, if a bit hard to follow because of all of the different voices. The art is awesome, but I personally prefer a bit closer to the clearer side of things as opposed to the abstract style. This, however, is not the point. The re-write could be perfect and (by some miracle) make everyone happy and be perfectly inclusive and also hand out free kittens. It would still be overwriting one of (in my opinion) Riot's most interesting and heart-wrenching stories to date. The cool bits of Varus's old lore have already been detailed, so I won't waste your time, but I'm really rather sad. The truly unfortunate thing is, it is going to be difficult to say things like "I don't like the new Varus lore" without people assuming that you are talking about the (frankly unnecessary) fact that Varus is gay now. In today's business market, if you want to appeal to a wider audience, you make a gay character. That's how business works and I am not going to complain about that while playing a free game. What I am going to complain about is the fact that they took a fully realized character, with an interesting backstory (one that was distinctly different and cannot reconcile with the new one) and sacrificed it in the name of having a "more diverse champion roster." Reminds me of the time that they turned an ancient, powerful, and fascinating being of pure energy and turned him into Jafar.... R.I.P. {{champion:101}} and{{champion:110}}
: > [{quoted}](name=Jamaree,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FZ9TQHbB,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2017-12-02T05:01:07.463+0000) > > There is a ton of backlash HERE, the fact that the video has shit tons of likes as does the comic kind of shows that this part of the community CLEARLY doesn't speak for everyone. > > It can't be overstated enough that as much as people talk here and whine here and complain here, we are NOT the majority, we likely make up one percent of one percent of one percent of this game's population. To be fair, the YouTube community does not get critical almost ever, and the art going into them is very good. The positive feedback could possibly be geared towards the art and effort rather than the actual change to his lore.
> [{quoted}](name=TsunamiWave22,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FZ9TQHbB,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2017-12-02T09:11:50.728+0000) > > To be fair, the YouTube community does not get critical almost ever, and the art going into them is very good. The positive feedback could possibly be geared towards the art and effort rather than the actual change to his lore. I personally left a like on the video (mostly because it was the first of this change that I saw) for simply being awesome. After reading the story and watching the "behind the scenes" video....I am not terribly impressed.
: This new skin is for jhin?
My thoughts: 1. He seems to be spinning his pistol on his finger (left hand) which is something that Jhin does before firing his 4th shot. 2. He's got the shoulder piece. 3. The pistol seems to be designed to be fitted onto another piece (like when he ults) note how much it extends behind the trigger. 4. What could be another pistol (if this was Lucian) on his right leg looks to me like the extra bit that he attaches to his pistol when ulting.
: Lethal Tempo Vayne is so hot
> "lul it's Vayne she's weak in lane" If they actually believe this, that's most of the problem xD
Show more

Rindin14

Level 127 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion