: Ty for transparency, hopefully it is fixed for another weekend!! Agree that random URF kinda sucks, lol, give us ability to switch champs with fellow teammates in champ select and I am happy!
Check out this set of tweets from the QA lead on URF. She's got a lot of good context on ARURF from this past weekend. https://twitter.com/JustStephiroth/status/1000443966939004928
: In my opinion you should Beta test something for more than one weekend. But Riot handled the situation very well, and I applaud them for that.{{champion:45}}
More betas are definitely in order, but we did do a ton of betas (internal, Vietnam, Turkey, Europe, NA, and Korea) for Clash. Something that makes this weekend's failure all the more frustrating.
: Please leave us ARURF until then...
EDIT: typo ARURF is coming back in a not-too-far away patch. This weekend's effort was just to give something to y'all who had set aside time for Clash. That's why it was buggy with a bunch of champs disabled and borked champ select trading. Hang tight!
Stexe (NA)
: Is there a reason why it was ARURF instead of just normal URF?
Yes https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/ask-riot-urf/
: If we get ARURF as a bandaid instead of regular URF, can you PLEASE at least enable trading...?
This is the kind of stuff that crops up when we just turn on game modes. This bug is likely to stick around for the weekend. We just wanted to do what we could, as fast as we could.
Zig ot0 (EUW)
: >Even if you're scenario >** you're ** {{sticker:sg-poppy}} MURICA
: Since I'm killing time. Copper is a useful metal but weaker for the purposes usually given to Bronze-Gold. And sounds more pleasant than 'wood'. So my mind hasn't moved from **Copper for the lower tier**. Last week I tried looking up synonyms for a term weaker than Challenger and Masters but none really fit nicely so I figured finding something rarer/more precious than Diamonds would make the most sense. Wikipedia has a list of the most precious metals being: * Rhodium * ~~Platinum~~ * ~~Gold~~ * Palladium * Iridium * Osmium * Rhenium * Ruthenium * Germanium * Beryllium * ~~Silver~~ * Indium * Gallium * Tellurium * Bismuth * Mercury The biggest issue I think is most of them, being rare metals, are a shiny silver color. So you need it different than Silver but still impressive. And most of them are so bleh with names you could just go with Titanium/Steel and be happy. Rhodium is easy to pronounce and is more commonly heard of. So for the **upper tier, I vote for Rhodium, and perhaps Bismuth**. If you don't mind making a hyper shiny silvery metal, Rhodium could work. Bismuth, being rainbow and angular, has a lot of border/art potential. Only real issue with Bismuth is it's also a B like Bronze.
: My biggest worry was the swap abuse as well. Have you given any consideration of how to best adjust matchmaking so in the bot lane you don't have a recent Ranked player with less than 20 games paired against another Bot lanners who has triple the amount of games? I'm okay that it happens from time to time, but it's super frustrating when you get a player who is either Auto filled or Choses the ADC/Support role but has little games played in that specific role. Unfortunately I don't' know what to suggest to combat it and I also concede we all must start somewhere. I really hope that at some point all new players to ranked are auto placed no higher than Bronze 3. A couple times this year I've been paired with a guy who is only wining 47% of their games, yet they were placed in Silver5? A few times last season and a couple already this season considering the 4 bot laners on both sides, I've either faced a player who had significantly less games in bot or with BOT lane champs. And it's no fun for any of us. I don't like to wreck a person who has no idea how to play the lane any better than I don't like it when it happens in the lane I play. I'm hoping these changes will address that somewhat. I'm eager to see how these changes bear out and thank you for adjusting the ranked system, I think it's a step in the right direction too.
Position-based matchmaking should help out with a lot of what you're talking about. In Ranked 2019, players who end up in off roles land in more fair games than today because they'll have a unique MMR for each position. Even if you're scenario above happens again, it should be a pretty even match. Naturally, things will be a little wacky for the first few games, but that's a flaw all matchmaking systems have in common.
: yeah honor level 2 is a pain ive been stuck at 0 after my 2 week for 5 months and its getting frustrating. I have not flamed in my past games except give advice like positioning etc. and I really wanted to play with my friends but since im not honor level 2 I can't. :/
As long as you've cleaned things up you should be able to bounce back to Honor level 2 over time. We buffed the climb rate a few patches back.
: If you are placed into a higher checkpoint/honor level due to honor levels the previous season, doesn't that mean you miss out on all the guaranteed rewards for lower tier checkpoints? That seems a little lame, considering we might want those rewards.
Not really, no. Because rewards now scale with Honor level (and orbs continue dropping after level 5) it means you get _better rewards_ at the _same rate_ as someone that starts below you. It's not super intuitive, but it's flatly better for Season 7's honorable players.
: It makes me happy to see Riot give back for charity ^_^
This is y'alls show, and your contribution. gg <3
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot NaKyle,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=91Q6l8Rm,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2017-11-08T03:10:03.906+0000) > > Yes. tomorrow?
> [{quoted}](name=THE RlVER KlNG,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=91Q6l8Rm,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2017-11-08T03:15:02.252+0000) > > tomorrow? No.
: are we getting a "year in review" like last season?
: How can I get the answer of my question from Riot?
Hey bud, sorry you didn't get a real answer earlier. That's shitty. When we revamped the Summoner's Code, we decided to focus it around in-game stuff because that felt most relevant for new players, who are the most likely folks to see it. So it was a goal-swap and not a step back from hanging out in the community. Player feedback is one of the most important ingredients in League's secret sauce, and we always want it. That will never change at Riot.
Hexxtech (NA)
: Can you give links to these foundations so we can donate directly to the cause as well as with Championship Ashe?
Jabalor (NA)
: The great mentor and great leader icons are switched
Should be fixed up! Good catch.
: No way to differentiate players who played during the old system since 10 honors should be something everyone has, and players who have around 100+ which shows people actually enjoyed playing with you instead of 10. So if you had around 400+ and never got a ribbon you are bundled up with the rest of players who have at least gotten 10.
Yeah, that one's basically our participation trophy and most folks will get it. The other four are meant to be hard-mode rewards. We tried to guard against ribbons being shitty the last couple years by including the top 10% of honored players per category.
: They expressed that honouring opponents was something they were looking to expand into after the initial release, but for release they want to keep things as simple as possible.
MysticMan89's got it! We're looking at a way to bring opponent honoring back, but right now we're focused on a stable launch for 7.13. We'll keep ya posted.
: >DuckCurry So... does it taste good?
: Maybe I missed this or it is implied, but will the whole team be able to hear these new on my way pings? Or asked another way, is the point of the ping sounds building in a melody another way to help everyone hear as well as see where people are going?
The whole team will hear them. So if three players OMW ping dragon, you'll hear those first three tones from the video.
: You can already tell that the omw ping is going to get annoying very quickly.
We're hoping it's more helpful than obnoxious, but now we've got ping muting for potentially young/toxic players.
: What's the radius on this "common ping" location? The video shows them nearly overlapping each other. (i.e.: A ping on top of the drake's Speed Shrine _should_ build with a ping in the center of the drake pit, as they would surely indicate the same intention).
That's exactly the sort of thing we're still figuring out and testing internally. Just wanted to get y'all an early look and collect thoughts :)
Shíny (NA)
: Just making sure, this will allow you to mute regular pings, smart pings and chat pings?
Standard, smart, and HUD pings will be axed by this button. It's a new button that'll live right beside the chat mute button that's already in the game :)
  Rioter Comments
elduris (NA)
: With all due respect, would you mind clarifying [this post](https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/player-behaviour-en/EE7d58Pu-dear-riotsome-clarification-please?show=nested&comment=0007) from Riot Husker? > To address point one of the OP - **Calling for others to report a player is a punishable offense**. It is a form of bullying and as such is against the summoner code. It should always be a personal decision for each player as to whether or not they feel another player warrants a report. In fact, do feel free to tell your team mates that "report calling" in itself counts as harassment. Flaming and bullying a player will never help them to improve their game mechanics, communication etc. Take five minutes to add someone and talk to them after game. Perhaps do some customs to help them learn a champion, or how to gank or how to use vision. As a volunteer on these boards, I strive to have the most accurate, up-to-date information regarding the behavioral systems so that I do not spread misinformation. But, in scenarios like this, I may not actually be aware I am spreading misinformation when I quote what a Rioter said. My only request is that messaging be clear and consistent across all platforms, so that we do not have another situation like this.
Sure. Husker's post prompted this one. The short version is what I explained above. Basically, Husker's post mischaracterizes the severity of report calling by equating it with outright flaming and bullying. Report calling is bad but its not that bad (by what the community tells us through reports). Goes back to the 1-10 scale bit I mentioned a comment or two ago.
Prynce (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot NaKyle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PzY1ArN3,comment-id=000400000000,timestamp=2017-03-28T22:29:27.210+0000) > > Yeah, that&#x27;s why we&#x27;re clarifying. Now let&#x27;s dive into the details of this one to clear this up. > > You&#x27;re playing adc (in 2017), and everything&#x27;s going fine. But then your jungler blows a gank mid and your midlaner goes off the deep end. They pop off with &quot;Report troll jungler&quot; in all chat and other, worse bullshit. Even if the other team reported that jungler, the jungler wouldn&#x27;t get hit with a penalty because they didn&#x27;t actually do anything wrong. However, if the jungler reports the midlaner, they&#x27;re likely to get hit with a penalty depending on just how much they tilted and their game-over-game history with that type of talk. > > Where the confusion creeps in is when you try to reduce things down to: Does &quot;X&quot; mean penalties. Instant Feedback only works that way with hate speech and threats of harm. That&#x27;s the sort of harassment the team is much more focused on. Report calling is often a minor negative thing, but say there&#x27;s a spectrum of chat where 1 is hyper-friendly, 5 is neutral, and 10 is literal death threats, this is like a 6. Thank you for clarifying, but I'm a bit confused. So, the mid laner report calling isn't bannable, but in your scenario because he report called in a toxic way, he had a high chance of being banned because it can be toxic itself (if he used certain languages and etc). So report calling is okay, just don't be a dick about it...?
"Just don't be a dick" about it is a great baseline approach to League of Legends. Lol
Aeszarck (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Anomander,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=PzY1ArN3,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2017-03-28T21:00:32.534+0000) > > Gee i wonder why there is confusion..................... To add on to this: > [{quoted}](name=Riot Tantram,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=AnqnsBPV,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2017-02-13T21:57:11.486+0000) > > It was a light penalty escalated to perma-ban because of your huge penalty history (6 different penalties). **Asking for reports is considered harassment by the community. You were harassing the jungler, asking for people to report them when they were doing nothing wrong.** > > Having a bad game is not reportable. **Asking to report someone for having a bad game, is reportable.** > > It would have been a 10-game chat restriction without your history. Tantram has another comment [a bit farther down ](https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/f/ZGEFLEUQ/d/AnqnsBPV?comment=000d00050000)too expressing a similar message. ~~Riot NaKyle, are you saying that it is reportable but not punishable, or at least not bannable? Do you dish out chat restrictions for asking for reports at least?~~ EDIT: I see in the body of your post that you say that you do not give penalties. Since Tantram says that this is reportable, does that just mean that the player will never be punished for this, but if we report for it anyways our reports will not be devalued by the system? Are my reports low value because I have reported for "asking for reports" multiple times? Finally, did you very recently change the Instant Feedback System?
Yeah, that's why we're clarifying. Now let's dive into the details of this one to clear this up. You're playing adc (in 2017), and everything's going fine. But then your jungler blows a gank mid and your midlaner goes off the deep end. They pop off with "Report troll jungler" in all chat and other, worse bullshit. Even if the other team reported that jungler, the jungler wouldn't get hit with a penalty because they didn't actually do anything wrong. However, if the jungler reports the midlaner, they're likely to get hit with a penalty depending on just how much they tilted and their game-over-game history with that type of talk. Where the confusion creeps in is when you try to reduce things down to: Does "X" mean penalties. Instant Feedback only works that way with hate speech and threats of harm. That's the sort of harassment the team is much more focused on. Report calling is often a minor negative thing, but say there's a spectrum of chat where 1 is hyper-friendly, 5 is neutral, and 10 is literal death threats, this is like a 6.
  Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
Maqe (NA)
: metroid sucks
There's no measurement for how wrong you are.
: Change "Remake" to "No Contest"
I named this feature, and this is a better, funnier name than what I came up with. Kudos! Also, Ice Climbers forever :D
JoZee II (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Riot NaKyle,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=i11AKy8O,comment-id=00010002,timestamp=2016-04-05T23:39:23.195+0000) > > Speaking from my own perspective here, but when under attack over a play, I try to roll my eyes more often than launching some kind of return salvo. Ultimately, responding just gets me into an argument on the internet, which is like, the worst. If I can get to a place where I can roll my eyes and move on, I'm in much better mental shape to actually win the game. > > Then again I was losing lane last night when my opponent asked if I was actually Plat last season. That did motivate me to a 16/3/10 win. ^.^ > > http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2148414105/36093375?tab=overview Very nice! Lately I try to play better to make them shush. P.S. I Squeed from having a Riot Comment :D
: I came to this same conclusion lately as well. "Defending yourself" gets no where. Better to mute them and try to be positive to your other teammates (as they are probably still hearing the toxic player and haven't muted them).
Speaking from my own perspective here, but when under attack over a play, I try to roll my eyes more often than launching some kind of return salvo. Ultimately, responding just gets me into an argument on the internet, which is like, the worst. If I can get to a place where I can roll my eyes and move on, I'm in much better mental shape to actually win the game. Then again I was losing lane last night when my opponent asked if I was actually Plat last season. That did motivate me to a 16/3/10 win. ^.^ http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2148414105/36093375?tab=overview
Jo0o (NA)
: Hey Riot, honestly, thanks for the hextech restrictions for non-reformed players. It's a great move.
Just wanted to share that this thread made it into the PB team's group chat and really made some people's day a little better. Thanks for the kind words. :)
: This is not an update. Literally all you have said is that it's broken, which we already knew. What's the ETA? This is ridiculous, it's been almost 2 days and you can't even give us an estimate of how long you're going to be working on it? Also the fact that someone whose tag is "Writer" is the one making this post instead of someone who actually works on the problem is proof you're just trying to string us a long with PR as opposed to offer any real informations.
> [{quoted}](name=Hackulator,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=28aUeeGd,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-01-22T20:28:59.364+0000) > > This is not an update. Literally all you have said is that it's broken, which we already knew. What's the ETA? This is ridiculous, it's been almost 2 days and you can't even give us an estimate of how long you're going to be working on it? > > Also the fact that someone whose tag is "Writer" is the one making this post instead of someone who actually works on the problem is proof you're just trying to string us a long with PR as opposed to offer any real informations. Hey, This is actually something I worry about a lot when I make any post. I don't ever want to come across as Mr. PR, so today, I'm posting because the engineers and other people who can solve this problem are focused solely on that. I'm sitting right with them, trying to provide a link to you with the latest info I can get. Hope that helps some.
Lexicon (NA)
: So I couldn't help notice this was essentially the same post as what was posted over on EUW boards 18 hours ago. Have we gotten no closer to a solution?
> [{quoted}](name=Lexicon,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=28aUeeGd,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2016-01-22T20:31:56.466+0000) > > So I couldn't help notice this was essentially the same post as what was posted over on EUW boards 18 hours ago. Have we gotten no closer to a solution? Heya, After making improvements to how new champ select and Dyanmic Ranked handles high volumes of games, we attempted a fix last night in Vietnam (1/21 PST). The queue showed some improvement, but ended up failing again The team's been digging into those test results since late last night, learning from them and applying them to our next test. That's the absolute latest.
  Rioter Comments
OSP (EUW)
: So different rank for each queue? OR you can climb the same ladder but if you choose solo you're 100% against solo players and dynamic you're 10 0% against groups?
> [{quoted}](name=UNF0RGlVEN,realm=EUW,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=HGblb9fH,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-01-19T07:43:41.785+0000) > > So different rank for each queue? OR you can climb the same ladder but if you choose solo you're 100% against solo players and dynamic you're 10 > 0% against groups? EDITED BECAUSE I WAS WRONG ;-; Different rank for each queue, but your current ranked rating will influence your Dynamic Ranked placements. Your Dynamic Ranked rating will not affect your Solo Ranked placements after the queue launches later on.
Garrotte (NA)
: Will the Solo only queue use the old champion select system, or the dynamic version of people still only queuing for 2 roles?
> [{quoted}](name=Garrotte,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=HGblb9fH,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-01-19T07:41:23.488+0000) > > Will the Solo only queue use the old champion select system, or the dynamic version of people still only queuing for 2 roles? Solo Ranked will have the new champ select!
  Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=MrShirokawa,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=E2LnUMvW,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-01-07T23:49:37.559+0000) > > because new champ select is practically team builder Disagree. The new champ select is NOT practically team builder. It may be in some way but at least TB guarantees you your role. New champ sel splits it 50/50. THIS is where it's going wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=AIZOOOM,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=E2LnUMvW,comment-id=000300000001,timestamp=2016-01-08T04:24:46.772+0000) > > Disagree. The new champ select is NOT practically team builder. It may be in some way but at least TB guarantees you your role. New champ sel splits it 50/50. THIS is where it's going wrong. It's not a 50/50 split. You're selecting primary and secondary roles, and you will get the primary more often.
: If we've already earned those icons, will they disappear?
> [{quoted}](name=Merxamers,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=E2LnUMvW,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-01-07T22:02:05.926+0000) > > If we've already earned those icons, will they disappear? Nobody's gonna lose any icons they already have.
irod1723 (NA)
: What will happen to the specific icons that you receive for playing a role in team builder?
BOOMSHAKALAKA: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/E2LnUMvW-team-builder-role-icons-distribution-and-future-plans tl;dr, we'll run a manual grant of all earned icons shortly after Team Builder is taken down and the icons will come back in earnable form later on.
  Rioter Comments
: I just wanted to say that I had in one of my games this one guy who spammed the N and F word, threatened us, and insulted us in more ways that we can count to the point that the rest of the 9 players agreed to report him and I got the pop up saying that someone got punished by the tribunal, I was happy that it worked at least. I like it how we can report cheaters now and have multiple categories to report, but sometimes it is hard to distinguish between negative attitude and verbal abuse. HOWEVER, that guy was one of the people who actually deserved something done about it, especially the part about threatening to hurt us, other people with small remarks here and there are not the ones I rather see gone, I can understand being frustrated, but that guy I mentioned went overkill on the rage. I haven't been punished yet but I won't be lying that sometimes I am worried about getting in trouble. PS: Give us easier to get Ribbons please, unless I play bots I am probably never going to get one because it is on consistency not on how many you get :(
Hi! I work on the team that updated the report boxes. We thought that "Negative attitude" was a bit too vague, just like you're saying. So in 5.22, the "Negative attitude" category will change to "Unsportsmanlike conduct". Ultimately, we tried to position "Unsportsmanlike" as a more specific option with a description that refers to negative (if not abusive) chat and verbal or gameplay griefing. We want to know if it's a useful update though, so let us know once you see it in game. :)
: I only hope this does not mean we will have a full screen client. I have come to appreciate the minimal windowed client. Better for multitasking. :)
Same client, new champ select!
: Is there a Riot EuwKyle?
> [{quoted}](name=Light24o1,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=vekgp8za,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2015-09-17T01:11:42.635+0000) > > Is there a Riot EuwKyle? There is not! It's just an amalgamation of my first name (Nathaniel) and my middle name (Kyle). One of my first leaders at Riot came up with it ^.^
AlexWC (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Limely,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=vekgp8za,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2015-09-17T00:04:42.790+0000) > > 1) League of Legends is so much better with friends that we are exploring several different methods of encouraging and facilitating social play but everything is in very early stages so nothing more to share yet! :3 > > 2) We are aiming in the future to be able to empower communities and potentially individuals who are interested in making League a healthier environment for learning. We are not doing anything directly with player volunteer systems but are looking instead into what tools we can provide to make this a better experience. Hey dudes!! I want to transform the way League of Legends players interact and enrich the community experience to go beyond online interaction. I'm very happy to hear these two things! Also, HI Nathaniel! :)
> [{quoted}](name=Firefly Captain,realm=NA,application-id=cIfEodbz,discussion-id=vekgp8za,comment-id=000200010001,timestamp=2015-09-17T00:15:28.762+0000) > > Hey dudes!! I want to transform the way League of Legends players interact and enrich the community experience to go beyond online interaction. I'm very happy to hear these two things! > > Also, HI Nathaniel! :) Hi Alex! Glad you're pumped!
  Rioter Comments
: First off, I remember playing a ranked game with you once, and you were definitely one of the most positive players I ever played with. (I was top Jayce and you were Janna, I think) That being said though, I was wondering why league doesn't have a "carrot" system. I don't know what Riot's response was on this question, but I've seen it asked before. What's your opinion on something like Dawngate's Karma system, where players could vote on who contributed positively to a game, and that affects the endgame rewards, which in this case, would be IP gain? I liked the honor initiative when it first came out, but I felt like the rewards were only really aesthetic. Then they changed it, and people with honor ribbons were almost nonexistent. I felt like the honor system, overall, has failed in terms of fighting toxicity. Perhaps this may have been because Dawngate was small, but I never saw toxicity in 95% of my games, mainly because the rewards at the end were partially determined by your fellow teammates and opponents.
Hey dude! Uh, Thanks! I hope we won >.> We don't do an amazing job right now with rewarding positive play, though I think this icon is a good step. We do want to revisit Honor, but there's not timeline on it at the moment. The team's suuuuuper focused on Instant Feedback and champion select right now. The Karma system sounds pretty cool, but I don't know a ton about it. I'll do some homework there, and thanks for the tip. RIP Dawngate.
Show more

Riot NaKyle

Level 71 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion