: People who git filled were asking for it. Having differnet elo and MMR depending on your role is important because that's how you are as a player. A god tier zed in the mid lane is probably ass as a support. The best Alistar in the NA is probably going to struggle in the mid lane. This way, instead of getting auto-filled or practicing an off role and getting stuck against someone who is as good or better than you in your main role, you get placed up against someone who is closer to what you actually are in that off role, in theory anyway.
If you're god tier in anything you won't be ass in something else. You won't be "god tier", but you won't be ass either. To imply that, for example, Faker couldn't do at the very least above average in another role is pure crazy. Sure, he might not be AS great as he can be in the mid lane, but he will only fall off so much skill, mechanic, game knowledge wise. I would dare say someone one tricking to grandmaster could still hold his own in high plat. For example, Heizman. Guy does other roles in high elo, but its obvious who his main champ and even role is. Even when he gets mid he still makes things happen due to his game knowledge. He won't be AS impactful but he still makes a difference.
: Wow, I wasn't aware of this. When did it happen? Did Riot officially say anything about it?
I can't find a source, but Riot said that their MMR system is designed to make everything 50%. Which would mean it has to skew teams to make it harder for you to win consecutively. Which is also why a plat could get stuck in gold, silver in bronze etc.. If they wanted a truer ranking system, they would put people of the same RANK, not MMR, in a game and let people win or lose based on that. Not you hitting a win streak and getting to your promos (which feels toxic to begin with because winning should prove you deserve to get out of the place you're at) and then the system having to put the odds against you to ensure you struggle for another win. Solo play is plagued with random enough events that it doesn't need something actively trying to make you win or lose. People want to compare the ranks to chess, since it use to be that way, that's fine. Go back to that system. Go back to you gaining or losing points based on a win or loss. Also, why not start everyone at a higher start point? Most people will get better playing with better people. as opposed to playing against better people while trying to drag people around. If you truely couldn't handle yourself in a rank then you would eventually fall, just like if you were truly better you would eventually climb. Just the latter takes way longer, could take 20 games could take 2000 games depending on your skill difference. But lets say you were a bronze player playing in plat, if it took you 2000 games to fall back to bronze at least you would innately learn things that you wouldn't have learned just fiestaing it up in bronze level.
Lexy123 (EUNE)
: Cant you let a champion shine for a single season? I feel like every single time somebody who is good in low elo like Yi or Nasus starts being good they get nerfed into the oblivion. I honestly love Yi`s kit and playstyle but I wont play him because he seems so weak compared to other champions I could be playing. Cant we just adjust the numbers so the champions are good in both the low and high elo? To use Yi for an example we could give his W the ability to reset CC like GPs oranges when clicked, I doubt that would make him broken in low elo, but it would make so many of his matchups in high elo better. It is not the best idea but it might just work. :P
whats wrong with you? Can't be slowed cant be CC'd. Can't be stopped? Sup wit dat.
: See I don't quite agree with that, because it means that resources had to be burned to heal off that damage, whereas hitting a champion's shield then having it expire means you literally did nothing to them in the first place. They are definitely two different situations, but I believe that for the sake of clarity damaging shields should give an assist.
and i disagree with yours. because you did do something. X put a shield on then and burned their damage mitigation and you burned your time doing damage. To say you get nothing means your time is LITERALLY wasted. May as well pitch a tent and circle jerk until its gone, at least you'll get something out of it.
: > [{quoted}](name=zoliking,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rmWvBnAq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-10-08T06:39:00.878+0000) > > Did he say "kys"? No. All he did was troll and Riot doesn't care a bit about that nonsense. Let them know when he says a bad word. "All he did was troll" yeah, all Tyler did was troll and got 20+ perm bans, along side an ID ban
> [{quoted}](name=Happy Love Pile,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=rmWvBnAq,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2018-10-08T07:49:33.558+0000) > > "All he did was troll" yeah, all Tyler did was troll and got 20+ perm bans, along side an ID ban IWDominate trolled and griefed and he got banned from pros :p
Vaati006 (NA)
: It's probably not a bug, just a questionable design decision. If this is a bug, its been in the game for YEARS. The assist policy on shields is simple: if you damage a shield, and that shield is then BROKEN (by you or someone or something else) then you get assist/kill credit. If you damage a shield, and that shield EXPIRES by timing out, then you do not get assist credit; doing as much damage as you did when you did made no difference. In this case, I suspect the slow-mo would show the shield expiring immediately before the tower shot hit Yasuo. I would argue that you SHOULD get assist credit in this specific situation because you did CC him by knocking him farther under the tower, because its also the policy that applying non-damaging CC to someone will give you assist/kill credit. But idk. Actually now that I think about it, this totally IS a valid bug and should be explored further. Upvote from me.
I'd argue in any situation you should get a kill or assist. The way shields are treated is just beyond special. If you want it to be that stupid then why stop at shields? If you damage someone and that damage gets mitigated by a heal, then no kill or assist credit for you.
: Because you were put in the game, your team decided to play it out, you don't get to decide to leave that game.
You didn't decide to go in to a 5v4. Your logic is stupid and flawed. They chose to risk taking a loss over just going to the next game. No reason to want to play with people that oblivious to the world. Decision making isn't their strong point.
: It was solo/duo and the OP afk'd because he didn't get his way. His team played it out and were winning without him, imagine if he was there, he would have got LP instead of lost it.
Why struggle for a maybe win, at a disadvantage, when you could just go into the next game and be on even grounds? And "winning" without him, What if the other team was derping because it was 5v3? You know nothing of what was going on, except it was a 5v4 with an option to end the game and go to the next one. That is all you know. I could see if the guy D/C DURING the game and there was no remake available. But your logic is stupid and flawed.
: I made a Singed emote idea
Impressively good.
Aneirin (OCE)
: > Is there not an implicit assumption that if you turn it off, you want to see these words? No. Just because you don't mind swearing doesn't mean you don't mind racism or homophobia. It also doesn't mean you're okay with being abused. > Should you be punished for people voluntarily choosing to view your derogatory speech when they had the option not to? That's like saying I can any damn thing I want to your face, because if you didn't want to hear it you'd have covered your ears already. Therefore I can say whatever I like about your mother without any consequences. > If you don't want people to say certain words, wouldn't the easiest method be to block messages that contain said words? Like making people wear bulletproof vests instead of enforcing laws against shooting people. If you don't like not being able to be racist, go play a game that allows it.
I mean, you mean well, but your second point is moot. You CAN say whatever you want about someones mother in their ear. If they respond with hostility that would be them getting in trouble ;p Can't remember when I head, "but your honor! He said my mother was fat so I had to hit him!". But I don't see why people don't just ignore each other anyway. Can selectively do it.
: Got banned for getting flamed
Why talk this much anyway? You have a book written. Looks like the first 4 minutes were spent talking about a skin. wasted time
Siyther (NA)
: help with mid game cs issues
Watch SRO's wave management videos. Pretty sure he has one that goes past laning phase. If nothing else he does it during his video. He talk about anything he does and why he did it. Basically go watch Solo renekton only
: Except the point of the experiment was to see things from the perspective of a new player. I didn't even know there was a mute function when I was brand new. Do you know how frustrating it is to constantly be flamed and given no actual advice when you're new and trying to learn even when you explain that you're new? If it wasn't for my friend, I would have quit before I even learned how to play. I was lucky. I had someone to help me get better and keep me trying. Not all new players have that though.
It's pretty easy to ignore text. If they were in your ear yelling I'd say you have a valid point. They aren't and you don't.
: This Dumb Lazy Millennial Generation
It's almost as if, as we advance, life becomes easier. Thus those who lived in less advancement say you don't have it as tough. Gee willigers Batman. I think you might be on to something.
: @Riot Sexism is Hate Speech and should be a Punishable Offense
Also, would like to point out how she only says women are discriminated against. Of course she wouldn't want equality.... So instead of just saying ALL SEXISM, she has to point out women in general. From MY experience, women are treated different online. People will play with them no matter how bad they are at the game simply because they are a female. But I'm sure I can't understand the plight she goes through just to play a game online.
Shaydrox (EUW)
: As an assassin main, these damage nerfs are exactly what's needed
Well that is what happens when no one wants to actually balance. The balancing act is a 1 shot race. Whoever gets the the fastest is the best. Everyone has to do "tons of damage" to make up for the fact everyone does tons of damage... Who'd of thought taking away tank stats and giving raw base damage would of resulted in more damage? Not me, that's for sure.
: @Riot Sexism is Hate Speech and should be a Punishable Offense
I don't understand why words would offend anyone anyway. If they came from someone you cared about, sure that could hurt, because you care. When it comes from some random person (online at that), saying whatever they say for whatever reason they say it. Why let it bother you? It doesn't stop you from playing or enjoying the game. Even IF it did, there is this weird little function Riot put into the game that lets it so you no longer have to see what it is that they are typing. People need thicker skin.
: After dealing with a mental health issue, I think I am an ideal candidate for the Reform Experiment
I'd probably steer clear of this game. It's a relapse waiting to happen on speed.
: > [{quoted}](name=Summonah12369,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bghdly0z,comment-id=0003,timestamp=2018-07-23T11:08:41.887+0000) > > Can't someone at Riot just look at these posts and then talk about them to the department tho? The Finance Directors and Vice President/Rector will not listen. The people in those position dont take criticism it is their nature for such thing.
> [{quoted}](name=Wizard Blaze,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=Bghdly0z,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-07-23T11:10:27.371+0000) > > The Finance Directors and Vice President/Rector will not listen. The people in those position dont take criticism it is their nature for such thing. How would it be the finace problem? How would making less people like the game benefit the finance department? No one cares about your experience. You don't know all. It isn't a 1 person problem. Go back to doing what you do know and stay out of what you don't.
: > [{quoted}](name=CaptainMårvelous,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5AjFH58,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-07-16T06:07:22.022+0000) > > Well it's a fun hobby is all. Plus it might have already gotten me a job but we'll see in the next few weeks. oh no way?! im sitting here at my college trying to become a game designer, but i doubt any company would hire me. i'm the kind of person that'd put the exact opposite type of content into a game just because you kept nagging about something else. you want a champ to look less skimpy? okay, but we're putting triple the skimpy on our next release. now champ a doesnt look so skimpy compared to champ b huh? you want less damage creep? sure sure. removes all damage based scaling from the game. no more damage creep. "black realm god we dont get enough free stuff in our free stuff" removes free stuff. writes a report about how free stuff was not successful for advertising as it let the fans down. increases prices on premium goods. etc. so... yeah i think i might have to become an indie developer. which scares me because i dont have any money.
> [{quoted}](name=BLACK REALM GOD,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=p5AjFH58,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-07-16T06:21:37.574+0000) > > oh no way?! im sitting here at my college trying to become a game designer, but i doubt any company would hire me. i'm the kind of person that'd put the exact opposite type of content into a game just because you kept nagging about something else. you want a champ to look less skimpy? okay, but we're putting triple the skimpy on our next release. now champ a doesnt look so skimpy compared to champ b huh? you want less damage creep? sure sure. removes all damage based scaling from the game. no more damage creep. "black realm god we dont get enough free stuff in our free stuff" removes free stuff. writes a report about how free stuff was not successful for advertising as it let the fans down. increases prices on premium goods. etc. > > so... yeah i think i might have to become an indie developer. which scares me because i dont have any money. Ya pretty much have the least wanted personality any company could ask for. If you get anything at all it'd be amazing or you just don't hold true to your words. But definitely lead with "I'm petty and do the exact opposite of whats wanted from me" at any interview.
: It’s unfortunate my comment is condescending, but since I would never tilt in League of Legends anymore let alone flame in all chat, I do feel superior to you. In addition, it may help you to understand I was a toxic player only 365+ days ago. Sometimes extremely toxic. After going through SIGNIFICANT life changes, my playstyle and approach to each game is drastically different than in the past. That is why I believe in a very strong correlation between ones conduct in game and outside of the game. (I also thought I was mature outside of the game, in hindsight, I wasn’t) I’d welcome the opportunity to play a game of League of Legends with you.
> [{quoted}](name=Rise of the Wolf,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=003c,timestamp=2018-06-20T23:11:05.364+0000) > > It’s unfortunate my comment is condescending, but since I would never tilt in League of Legends anymore let alone flame in all chat, I do feel superior to you. > > In addition, it may help you to understand I was a toxic player only 365+ days ago. Sometimes extremely toxic. After going through SIGNIFICANT life changes, my playstyle and approach to each game is drastically different than in the past. > > That is why I believe in a very strong correlation between ones conduct in game and outside of the game. (I also thought I was mature outside of the game, in hindsight, I wasn’t) > > I’d welcome the opportunity to play a game of League of Legends with you. -is no longer toxic -proceeds to tell how he is better and why -Might be an asshat
: > [{quoted}](name=Ripikou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=0001000000000000000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-21T07:06:27.473+0000) > > It's what he wants. *shrug* If you want to quit but can't force yourself to quit then force someone to force you to quit. :P No, do not advocate for breaking Riot's ToS and/or being purposefully toxic on the Boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=00010000000000000001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-21T08:17:50.414+0000) > > No, do not advocate for breaking Riot's ToS and/or being purposefully toxic on the Boards. I didn't say on boards. And I'm not advocating anything. I simply said [in a joking manor mind you] say any word that gets you instant banned if thats what it is you want. You may be a moderator but you are not a comprehensioner.
: > [{quoted}](name=Ripikou,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=00010000000000000001,timestamp=2018-06-20T04:36:37.394+0000) > > You could say some forbidden words and get a perma ban :P Let's not advocate for this thanks
> [{quoted}](name=Mounting Dread,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=000100000000000000010000,timestamp=2018-06-20T04:39:40.059+0000) > > Let's not advocate for this thanks It's what he wants. *shrug* If you want to quit but can't force yourself to quit then force someone to force you to quit. :P
: > [{quoted}](name=Quiet Dude,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-06-19T17:25:28.910+0000) > > So you don’t have any self control? How old are you? That's not necessary or helpful.
> [{quoted}](name=Strawberrycocoa,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=FwZJzflQ,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2018-06-19T17:31:48.845+0000) > > That's not necessary or helpful. You could say some forbidden words and get a perma ban :P
: It's a courtesy, like "Please," "Thank you," "How do you do?" "Good night." We say those things to be polite, hospitable, and honorable.
> [{quoted}](name=Oleandervine,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=ELdmPxwm,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-18T21:02:02.483+0000) > > It's a courtesy, like "Please," "Thank you," "How do you do?" "Good night." We say those things to be polite, hospitable, and honorable. Maybe YOU do and some others, but not everyone does. I see both sides and don't personally care because they're just words. :P
: Why does Riot Permaban?
If anything they just become more toxic XD They make a new account and troll troll troll. They evolve to learn how to avoid ban
: I am losing interest now, it's like a circus. Everyone is playing any champ anywhere. There is a lack of skill, it's more of people playing Meta/OP champs.
this is inconsistent, are they playing anything anywhere or are they playing meta only?
: > [{quoted}](name=remakoro,realm=EUNE,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=igrKsOcz,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2018-06-18T16:51:38.021+0000) > > wHaT if sOmeONe wAnt To SWAP HIS FUCKING ROLE? M? After getting autofilled for example? Ye this is why this will never be enforced.
It just selects it, it doesn't force you to keep it. How is that hard to comprehend?
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Riot encourages players to give up a game. UNACCEPTABLE.
Why couldn't they just create a custom game and place peoples gold and items the way it was, you can look at a camera and recreate everything that you see. I don't see how they can't possibly create a game and then be able to make changes to it as if it were a sandbox/training mode.
: Except Yi has enough mass to not be displaced as easily as, say, a hot coal (or whatever it is Annie throws on her autos). Now, if you have an ulting *Quinn* run into it, that would count as a knockup, because it'd be an upward air current to launch her and Valor higher into the air...
> [{quoted}](name=DuskDaUmbreon,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=PllQoO3k,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-06-18T18:27:21.366+0000) > > Except Yi has enough mass to not be displaced as easily as, say, a hot coal (or whatever it is Annie throws on her autos). > > Now, if you have an ulting *Quinn* run into it, that would count as a knockup, because it'd be an upward air current to launch her and Valor higher into the air... What about nami's wave? lot of mass in water.
: A My Shop Bug that lets you Re Roll the My Shop Cards!
It doesn't save them money. They want you to buy the skin. They don't pay a fee on a skin bought so why would they care? If anything this benefits Riot because now you can do it until you get the skin you want. So instead of just not buying a skin you buy one. Seems like profit to me.
: You are very wrong there, bronzes play with silvers and golds and silvers play with golds and plats and vice versa all the way upwards...
Bronze are STILL bronze, Silver are STILL Silver, gold are STILL Gold. You can put them up against the best or worst league player, The ranking they're in is still the rank they are in. If they are playing with people who are playing things for the first time, then I mean you're keeping up in LP with someone who is doing shit for the first time. It's like you people can't grasp a concept or just refuse to even though its right in front of you.
Risen29 (NA)
: > [{quoted}](name=Ripikou,realm=NA,application-id=3ErqAdtq,discussion-id=r1J8wOEo,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2018-04-04T03:31:24.179+0000) > > As much as it sucks, ranked is also for practice. Wrong. Ranked has one purpose for existing: to climb the ladder. That by the very definition of its name is why you play it. If you are not playing ranked in a way that lines up with the purpose of ranked then you are abusing your teammates who are there for rank's intended purpose.
Exactly, Unless you're a god and start in your final form, you are going to improve as you go. You can be butthurt and down vote as you want but that doesn't change anything. There is no written rule saying you have to know everything about anything. Also, You CAN'T practice in normals, because "its just normals". You'll never find a match that would realistically help you. You CAN however go into ranked and get placed where you belong and improve from there. "Unless you're plat+ you shouldn't be going to ranked because you hinder your team". Is the logic you want to go with. Silvers are Silver, Bronze are Bronze, Gold are gold etc... If you are there with someone like that, you should probably be there with them in the future.
Samuloo (NA)
: Is it really so hard to go into Ranked with champs you're experienced with?
As much as it sucks, ranked is also for practice. The only difference is they will put a label on you for playing ranked as opposed to norms. AS long as they are trying to win the only thing you can do is accept a guy not playing someone he's played before is the same rank as you.
Flameglow (EUW)
: I admit playing as the 5th one next to 4 premades is not the best experience. Lacking communication, and even 4 premades that collectivly flame the 5th one are problematic. But it shouldn't be changed. There is no perfect solution, only compromises. If you remove 4 premades from normal, or gave soloplayers the option to not be the fith one next to 4 premades, which probably would be used by every soloplayer, making queue times for 4 premades too long, playing as premades would become extremly awkward. What if you as 5 finished the game and one of you wants to go off? You're left with 4, but because you can't play the game as 4 anymore you have to kick another one of the friends out of your party?. Who is going to volunteer? ...Awkward silence. (Or for the 5th one, Should I really go offline, if i force my friends into such an awkward situation=?). Hope that another friend randomly comes online?, wait 30 minutes for someone who is ingame and might not even want to play with you? If 4-premades were restricted or removed from normal games, playing league with friends would become more complicated, as a lot of awkward situation might arise. And that all for some soloplayers who can't endure, being matched with 4-premades occasionally? That aren't fine with having two types of queues that guarantee not being matched with 4-premades? I think nothing should be changed.
You all go onto the voice chat you use and you split into 2 teams of 2 and continue talking and enjoing company. You have a multi-paragraph post that is solved in a few words.
Snowman Arc (EUNE)
: Well, then there would be no point in having it spawn at 20 minutes, if teams weren't supposed to take it that early. Even if you do claim baron at 20 minutes, you probably don't have the ability to hard push afterwards, except if you are super far ahead, which again is the reason you probably got Baron in the first place. Honestly, you compare the best teams in the world (in LCK) to how this probably affects soloQ. In soloQ, 20 minute baron, or early barons, will happen like 1% of the games, maybe even less, because it requires a lot of things falling into place. You probably need at least 4 people there, maybe at least one champion that has significantly high ability to take it down fast (Nunu, Azir, Kalista), a tank that people usually don't play, correct vision to do it safely and so many more things, that can happen in pro play, but in soloQ, it's way harder. Therefore, I don't think Baron taking is any issue right now. If anything, it's probably one of the most balanced things from a risk/reward standpoint.
"Baron is a joke to kill and makes **_pro_** play very unexciting"
: 100% agree One of my qualms is when placed low and performing well, you play consistently against higher elo players while being 3 or even four tiers lower. My problem here is that **if im being considered by the system to not be eligible to play against players of my own tier level, i shouldnt be at that tier level at all.** Matchmaking should be constricted much harder than it currently is within tiers, but that makes for extreme wait timers and people hate that.
I dont think it would, I think they want you to think that, especially with lower elo. Theres no reason to have gold silver and diamond in the same game. would be much more logical to grab S2 S 3 and S1 and put that in the same game. Then you win more than 50% of the time and climb that way. They also shouldn't have promos, that's just a stupid idea to begin with. If you win a game to get to promos and then have to win 3 out of 5, that is 4/6 which is higher % than 51-55% which in theory should mean you are better than that elo and would climb out. And going on a win streak before promos is near a death sentence for some.
: This kind of mentality where ADC's are entitled to taking everything and not sparing something for their team, even though they're inherently the strongest class in the game is getting unhealthy.
I mean people have been doing this since forever. DOTA would let the better player talk all the gold and snowball. ADC is the stronger role so it isn't crazy for them to want all the gold on them. Pro's do their best to get the gold on the adc.
: > [{quoted}](name=SatomiKun,realm=EUW,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NMbVd5El,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-03-02T13:47:31.201+0000) > > Masochists like you should play da Dr. Mundo instead of sadistic Evelynn. I refuse to play anything that's not attractive.
> [{quoted}](name=Sèx Crazed Eve,realm=NA,application-id=yrc23zHg,discussion-id=NMbVd5El,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-03-02T14:56:00.467+0000) > > I refuse to play anything that's not attractive. Money can be attractive and corporate mundo all about that money
: > [{quoted}](name=Scary Door,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=fzaYHbAP,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-02-25T16:49:37.345+0000) > > It would seem you didn't learn your lesson from your chat restriction. Consider this the advanced course. > > Better luck next time. Because chat restrictions don't teach anything. Toxicity is a habit. Think of it as a drug addiction. Saying to addicts "Here, its wrong to do this but you can have a hit occasionally" Sewing their mouth up won't shit either. You need to treat the behaviour over time, otherwise its just going to repeat. But of course Riot don't care, because the more unreformed players that get banned, the more shekels they make.
Then think of Riot as giving you the cure because now you wont be toxic in the game.
YokoNomi (NA)
: Think the last time I'd been harassed was by a duo, who felt the need to verbally insult and actually target me in game throughout the entirety of the match. Muted them both, but still had to suffer through their insults in post-game. It's not fun, when I actually dread the end of the experience, just as much as the experience itself.
: > [{quoted}](name=FailedAbortion,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=f1xcIJsK,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2018-02-24T12:30:51.324+0000) > > You are not allowed to be negative at all. If that is how thin the line is, then Riot needs to elaborate or warn us when our accounts are about to be banned. It is ridiculous for anyone to get punished based off of what is provided from the context of OP's logs.
Its rediculous you think this is all OP did. That may have been the straw that broke the back, but he's done more than that previously. You dont just go smite nunu and get a 2 week ban. Though i'm glad he did, assuming it was ranked. there are normals and custom games for a reason. I'd wager that the pregame lobby was full of them telling him not to go nunu smite support. Which is most likely why trundle afk'd. Yea it sucks playing meta, but there is a reason its the meta....
: YoU rUiN bOt LaNe So you would rather people stick to the meta instead of trying to have fun in a funless game? Nice logic buddy, enjoy your boring life.
In ranked, yes. There are normals and custom games for a reason.
: I find in LoL one of the major problems is that kids just go ahead and report right of the bat for the tiniest of things and they imo are even worse than that of some midly toxic players. Because they enjoy having others get is trouble and it's disgusting
Ya do know that a report with no merit means nothing. ASSUMING, you're ya know, not flaming your team and such. Which I'm sure you wouldn't do that right? Or maybe you play Yasuo a lot and people take your name literal. Who knows?
: Why get rid of rank border for suspension?
One could ask why get banned and lose the border? "I feel that's enough". Of course you do, you're being punished and trying to salvage as much as you can. They give you a reward for free assuming that you can behave the way they'd like you to. You didn't, thus, they took the toy away.
: Is it me or almost nobody is aware of the existence of Riot's Merch Youtube channel...
Sean Bean (EUNE)
: Suspension for 14days LOOK OVER WHAT!
I refuse to read your name as anything other than scene bean
: I think everyone trying to defend the right to tell someone to kill themselves online has never been in such a dire state of mind to think they just might. No one is going to kill themselves because someone on the internet told them to. There's many deeper issues and reasoning for someone to want to kill themselves. But to be saying to people online is like poking the guy standing on the edge with a stick, telling him to do a backflip when he jumps. It's not funny and it's not acceptable. A little bit of kindness can go a long way, even in a game so heavily salted as league.
I have been in that state of mind before. I was there because of how I felt abut how someone I cared about treated me. Some random joe on the internet telling me to off myself because no one will ever love me or I won't amount to anything will never bother me. You know why? Because I don't care about random joe. It doesn't poke me, it doesn't prod me.
: > [{quoted}](name=Telephone Booth,realm=NA,application-id=ZGEFLEUQ,discussion-id=OEHEHl1e,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2018-02-17T00:00:43.016+0000) > > Ive never told anyone to kill themselves in my life, not even as a joke. Mainly because it's just a stupid teenage trendy thing to say. Am I really that terrible for not caring whether a stranger offs themselves or not? Not that I ever would encourage it. But to be honest, I just don't care. Are you guys saying I'm a terrible person? I would feel nothing if I heard about some random stranger committing suicide after a game of league of legends. Am I alone in this? > (This isn't meant to be a point about whether it's okay to say it or not, just so you know. I'm just curious.) Well, that street goes both ways. If you don't give a shit if some stranger offs himself after a game, then there's no reason you should care about any hate/harassment anyone says on here to you.
I don't and I don't. Nothing someone says to me is going to bother me, especially on a game. I wouldn't encourage someone to do so, but I wouldn't feel bad if someone did. I'd put the person who said it and the person who did it in the same category: Stupid. It is stupid to kill yourself because someone told you to. If someone felt they needed to, they should seek help. Their mental state is far from where it needs to be, I also would avoid any online games or anything else that would trigger me to want to do that. But that is me so.
: “Start going towards 50% win rate”. At 500 games played those first 100 games mean a lot less and your win rate will start going towards 52-55%. Also if you win 80% of your first 100 games you’re already close Challenger tier which can ACTUALLY place you with worse team mates to balance MMR because there aren’t enough players of equal skill. This doesn’t apply to 99.9% of the community and especially not to the hardstucks on boards. Also I don’t believe this cause out of my 2 accounts neither one had < 53% w/r on 150+ games played. Hell I started the season at a 46% w/r on this acc in Bronze 1 and ended with a 54% in Plat. And all I didn’t was improve at the game.
you start going towards it sure. but you'll never be at 50% the only way someone can be at 50% is if they were gimped at one point in time or somehow started in their exact elo. players. I'm not saying take the numbers literal. I am saying you cannot hit 50% unless something happens. You have to at some point in time do worse than 50% in order to hit 50%. There are too many variables to directly determine someones skill. Which is why people CAN swing back and forth between different divisions. Elo based on 1v5v4 is just a weird system to begin with, especially when it wants to get a median of mmr. High level players won't find much difficulty in it and that's fine. But that doesn't mean a gold or silver couldn't get stuck in bronze and so on all the way up. If you're 10% better than the people you're playing but they are 50% better than your allies, you arent going to climb or if you do it's mount everest.
Show more

Ripikou

Level 72 (NA)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion